Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Khel's Bronze House Reprisal (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


101 to 150 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt sticks her lower lip out at the prisoner. "A gnome was helping you? Leading you?! And TRIED TO KILL GREGARIOUS???"

Her already-high-pitched voice rises as she questions the prisoner. "Oh, and we didn't kill Chauncey. Why would we do that and then come in here and be all friendly until you attacked us?! You people have no sense of... of... of anything, do you?!"


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

To clarify, Melnat was the gnome spellcaster who caused all the trouble. The archer (a rogue, really) is Alexei. You also haven't actually found or looked at the journal yet.

Kasadei replies, "That sounds like evidence enough to me, an eyewitness and a written document. Let's take a look at this journal, but I think we've got enough evidence to move on the Aspis."

Alexei looks at Zirt in alarm as she builds toward an explosion, responding defensively, "Look, I was in trouble with my old employer and the Consortium took me in, gave me cover. I was just doing what I was told - and Melnat tried to kill anyone who got in her way, wasn't just your dog."

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt glares at the man a moment longer, then sighs deeply. "Didn't your mother ever tell you that following orders is no excuse?" she asks, with only a hint of her prior outrage. "And being in trouble is no reason to do bad things! You need to take responsibility for your own actions, like the dwarves of Underville when they woke the dread Azgaeroth."


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

”Whatever, I did what I did. And I don’t know about those dwarves,” Alexei says, then adds quickly ”not that I’m asking you to tell me!”

Kasadei beckons to the party to join her outside, where a bleary-eyed Chauncey is tied up next to the wagon. Rummaging through the wagon, Zirt quickly finds an ornately bound journal tucked under the seat. Just before she opens it, however, Rayne gets a bad feeling about it and stops her.

Rayne can tell the journal is magically trapped.

DM Screen:
Rayne Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Stop right there. That book isn't safe." Rayne will then attempt to disable the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Oops, didn't see a new post notification on this thread. Sorry for the delay!

Rayne has disabled the trap! Or has he? He's not entirely sure.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"It seems safe. Try opening it."


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Is someone opening the journal? If so, who?

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Rayne will heal himself and will open the journal.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Feeling fully fortified, Rayne opens the journal and a strange glow surrounds it!

Fort save please.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Reroll!: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 4 = 35


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Rayne’s fingers briefly stiffen and begin to turn a dull grey, before he digs deep and fights off the magic affecting him! Once the journal is opened, he’s able to see that there’s a bunch of incomprehensible text inside, clearly some kind of code that Melnat employed to disguise her records.

Good call on the reroll. That there was a flesh to stone trap, everyone’s favorite!

Linguistics, DC 25 (+5 on this check if you speak Gnome):
You’re able to decipher the journal, which details a wide variety of Thassilonian ruins and the artifacts looted from them. You will automatically succeed at any Knowledge (history) checks to identify looted artifacts at Bronze House.

Anything more you want to do with the wagons or the captives? Kasadei and her crew will take them off your hands when you’re ready. Then we’ll get set up for the visit to the Bronze House, which will require me to lay out some info and options.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 5 = 25

"Ooh ooh ooh let me look!" exclaims Zirt, hopping up and down to see the journal in the thoughtlessly-tall man's hands.

Once it's lowered for her, she scrunches her nose for a few seconds, and then her face lights up and she begins to ooh and ahh as she peruses the rest of the journal. "Wow, they found Sir Gallawoggisthmus' underclothing, with which it's said he slew a thousand of the Runelords' giants! And the Stylus of Truth, that can't write any falsities at all! Wouldn't that be wonderful? It's probably worth having it stuck to your hand forever... I'm not sure why most people who've owned it over the centuries have ended up killing themselves. But look, they also think they might have found the Klarnuttlous, possibly the most famous artifact of them all!"

She pauses and looks up at the rest of the group with wide eyes. "If we could recover only a fraction of all the things they say they've got, the Society's scholars would be busy for millennia!"

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"There's no way it says that." Rayne takes a look at it and gives up once he figures out he can't read it. "Forget it."


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Zirt successfully decodes the journal, gleaning information about some truly unbelievable artifacts that the Consortium have recovered. With the evidence collected so far to link the Aspis Consortium to the smuggling operation, the Pathfinders can now set to planning a foray into the Bronze House to look for additional evidence of illegal activity and recover looted Thassilonian treasures. While the Council’s writ gives the Pathfinders the authority to enter Bronze House and look for evidence, Kasadei and Lady Heidmarch recommend a subtle approach, as Sloan can quash any open investigation within minutes with the Lord-Mayor’s aid.

Kasadei recommends posing as merchants and slipping in with the daily trading business, while Lady Heidmarch advocates a night raid, quietly subduing any opposition. Kasadei estimates the Lord-Mayor’s guards’ response time to an alert at ten minutes, and combat or fire would draw in the local patrols sooner. Kasadei provides the Pathfinders with a city watch signal whistle and instructs them how to use it. If the whistle is used, patrols will respond quickly, believing another guard patrol is in danger.

There are a number of approaches that can be taken to infiltrating Bronze House. Before deciding on an approach, careful Pathfinders can more about Bronze House and its defenses.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge Local, 10+:
The Bronze House is located off the main thoroughfare in the Dockway district. Merchants haggle and trade in the main rotunda throughout the day. The Consortium locks the building at night.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge Local, 15+:
The Bronze House holds two warehouses, reached through a rear entrance. Teamsters work there from dawn to midnight, and recently shipped out large quantities of wine.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge Local, 20+:
The Consortium employs hired guards at Bronze House, but the most skilled mercenaries have not been seen recently. The Lord-Mayor reinforced the local city guard patrols at Sloan’s request and they respond to alerts within 5–15 minutes.

Diplomacy (gather information) only, 25+:
Sloan recently displeased Sabriyya Kalmeralm, Princess of the Market, when he intervened in a trade dispute she was arbitrating. Pathfinders who approach her and persuade her they can humiliate Sloan receive credentials that provide a +5 bonus to Bluff checks when posing as a merchant or teamster.

Diplomacy (gather information) only, 30+:
Members of Magnimar’s largest thieves’ guild, the Night Scales, need an example of a Councilor’s signature. Pathfinders who succeed at this check also know where to locate a Night Scale member. If the PCs offer to let the Night Scales copy the writ or provide a convincing forgery with a successful DC 25 Linguistics check, the Night Scales agree to provide a disturbance to distract the guards.

After discussion with Lady Heidmarch and Kasadei, it becomes clear that the possible approaches to infiltrating or raiding Bronze House are:

The Sneaky Route: The Pathfinders may attack or sneak into Bronze House, without displaying their credentials.

Official Raid: The party may enter Bronze House, display their credentials, and demand to search the premises.

Business as Usual: The Pathfinders may pose as merchants. The Bronze House is a busy center of trade and the clerks might find the party believable, though they may ask anyone heavily armed and armored to wait outside.

Organized Labor: The Pathfinders may disguise themselves as teamsters to access the warehouses from the rear entrance. Workers come and go throughout the day and well into the night. Anyone heavily armed or armored may find it difficult to make a compelling case they are just a teamster.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

I don't know that we're especially well equipped for any of those. My vote's for the official raid. Is this the same day?


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Doesn't have to be the same day. You have the sense that sooner is better than later, but it isn't a mad rush.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

DM, how many checks are there? Looks like two?


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

One Diplomacy and one Knowledge check from each of you, provided you've got Knowledge (local) trained. You can aid rather than making your own check.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Oh, I actually do have diplomacy.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

If we go with the official raid, do we have a way of making it as bloodless as possible?

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 20/20, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 10 | HP 112/112 (30 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/17 | F +14, R +14, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Mavarion bobs about behind the others, trying to be generally agreeable in their search for answers. "So, how do we want to get in, fellows?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
I have blunt arrows. I can get more.


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

So which approach would you guys like to take?

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

I didn't hear any objections. Official raid!

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 20/20, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 10 | HP 112/112 (30 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/17 | F +14, R +14, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Looks to me as if we're going for the official raid.

Ninja'd!


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Okay, got it. Will get a post up tomorrow.


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

To Bronze House! As a reminder (since I’ve been a bit absent and PbP can make this stuff tough to track), your purpose here is to find enough evidence of Sloan’s illegal activities that the Council of Ushers can act.

The Aspis Consortium’s base of operations in Magnimar is quietly grand. Built near the city’s founding, before the city forbade quarrying the Irespan, the structure consists entirely of Irespan basalt. Two long buildings flank a thirty-foot-tall rotunda and a small park.

Massive bronze double doors decorated with serpent motifs serve as the imposing front entrance to the Bronze House. Voices echo around this great hall, diminishing the speaker before the chamber’s massive scale. Two pairs of smaller doors lead east and west, while two terrace doors stand open to the north, revealing a well-tended garden beyond.

A temporary wooden dais stands near the bronze doors, and tables and chairs sit near the garden exit. Two clerks stand at the dais, just concluding an auction as the Pathfinders enter. A stern-faced guard turns to the party as they come in the door, catching the eye of one of the clerks before asking, ”Can I help you? You’re a bit more heavily armed than our typical customers.” As he speaks, one of the clerks approaches, a broad, welcoming smile plastered on his face.

DM Screen:

1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

New map posted. Did you guys rest or go straight to Bronze House?

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Probably straight there. Does our "official raid" need to include being official, or can it just be sweet-talking our way in for a look around?


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

They're not really going to let you wander around, just like a bank would hesitate to have a bunch of armed folks taking a look around. You're either there on business (which is a different approach, which I'd say you could still opt for) or you're there to do an official inspection/raid thing. Either way, I think your animals are not invited inside. :(

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

But they're service animals!

Anyway, I just meant that maybe not /everyone/ needs to know that it's an official inspection/raid thing. Maybe just this first clearly law-abiding and upstanding citizen.


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Yeah, this law-enforcing citizen is employed by a bunch of folks who keep a pretty close eye on their gold pieces, and not a one of them is going to want you wandering around. So I judge it unlikely that he won't tell anyone you're here on official business, though I suppose you could give it a shot.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

We could knock him out real quick.


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves
Rayne Deverin wrote:
We could knock him out real quick.

That would quickly change 'official raid' into 'storming the castle' which might produce less evidence than you're hoping for.


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

The guard raises an eyebrow as the lengthy silence grows, awaiting a reply. The clerk's smile is still stuck to his face, but it looks a little more puzzled and less welcoming than before.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt applies one of her most charming smiles and beams it at the guard, lowering her voice so that only he can hear. "Oh! Yes, well, you see, there's a reason for that. See, we're actually not your typical customers. In fact we aren't even your customers at all, but I'm sure you already suspected that — you look like an awfully bright fellow, and I bet your mother would be proud that you're upholding law and order."

She glances up as the clerk continues to approach, and gestures the guard to bend down closer so she can drop her voice nearly to a whisper. "Now, see, we're here on 'law and order' business too... but we don't want to cause any panic or anything, so can you just please tell the clerk that you'll escort us to where we need to go?"


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

The guard bends down to listen to Zirt, then straightens up, his expression stern. "I don't leave my post unless there's trouble elsewhere in Bronze House," he says firmly. "Now what's this about, this 'law and order business' you're here on? Please explain yourself or move along!"

The clerk is now standing behind and to one side of the guard, a mild smile still frozen onto his face.

Didn't see a new post notice on this, sorry not to have replied. And sorry that this approach didn't work, but the guard just wasn't going to go for that, and didn't have the authority to tell the clerk to leave him be.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt bites her lip for a moment as if about to pout, but finally smiles sweetly at the guard. "See? That's exactly what I was talking about! Your mother must be so very proud of you!"

She turns excitedly to the clerk. "Oh, hello there! We're here from the Magnimarian Security Specialists. We've been hired specifically to evaluate your security, and so far we've found that this young man is a paragon of law and order and security! You should be very proud of him!" She smiles genuinely up at the guard and clerk as she says this.

Clearing her little throat, she continues, "Now then, would you kindly show us to your records room for the next portion of our evaluation?"

So... this just seemed more fun than the official approach, and since nobody else spoke up...


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Awesome! It won't surprise you to know that I'll need a bluff check.

The guard looks around in confusion a moment, then squares his shoulders and puffs up with pride - though he can't help an uncertain glance over his shoulder at the clerk standing there.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Eh, this seems like as good a time as any to use Pathfinder's Excellence (Skill). I'll roll twice and take the better result, and add a +3 for being such a wonderful storyteller (and also for the fact that we're opposing Aspis).

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 3 = 21

... and to think that I was going to just take 10.

Rayne, Hrolf, can I get a few aids?

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 98/98 - AC 22 T:16 FF:16 - Perception +22 Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Yea, would a gnome lie to you? We're here on a job to check this place out."

Auto Aid.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

"Yes, well done. Your dedication to your duty is to be commended", Hrolf adds.

Bluff Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

Mavarion, you want to aid this as well? (Hint, hint: your aid matters.)

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 20/20, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 10 | HP 112/112 (30 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/17 | F +14, R +14, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Aid: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12

Yeah! Eat it, massive Charisma penalty!

"Indeed, this man is much more adept than the one on duty last time we inspected the place," Mavarion interjects, just as it seems problems might arise. "Besides, it would be most unfortunate to deny us Security Specialists entry. What if your Security wasn't Specialized enough as is?"


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

The clerk listens to Zirt's explanation, a skeptical look on his face. He clears his throat and seems about to escort you out, or perhaps call for security, when Mavarion's question gives him pause. What if my security isn't specialized enough? he seems to be asking himself.

"Ah, I see," he replies, ""security specialists. Well, it does seem like an important thing to keep an eye on. Come with me."

He leads the way through a door on the western wall, into a another large room, clearly an office, with a many-doored hallway exiting to the north. Desks and benches line this chamber, covered with parchment, ink, and quills. A handful of clerks work here, and a single guard stands watch, though she pays no mind to the Pathfinders being escorted by the clerk.

A small room, like a jail cell but containing only a large chest and a cabinet, sits in the southwest corner of the office. The clerk moves to the little cell and unlocks its iron gate. "The records are in the cabinet there," he says, a touch officiously, stepping out of the way.

Will need Linguistics or Profession (merchant) checks, unless you've got some other relevant Profession you could apply.

DM Screen:
1d10 ⇒ 8

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Yeah, the feeling is mutual, dice.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 20/20, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 10 | HP 112/112 (30 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/17 | F +14, R +14, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Untrained Profession (merchant): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Mavarion shifts through several papers hovering in front of him, on the lookout for incriminating evidence.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Unfortunately I think Profession can only be used Trained. :(

Maybe the DM would let you use Appraise? :P


DM Stuff 1 | DM 2 | Tapestry's Toil | Treacherous Waves

It is as Zirt says, Profession is trained only. And Appraise isn't really what you're after, since you're looking to interpret the contracts and other records in the cabinets, to find evidence of illicit activity. But I'd take other notions if y'all have 'em.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 3/8 | Force Ward 20/20, regenerates 2/minute, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 10 | HP 112/112 (30 nonlethal) | AC 25/16/17 | F +14, R +14, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +16

Oh yeah, I knew it was one of the Day Job skills that couldn't be used untrained but I never remember which one. Perception seems a bit bland here, I would refrain from that if possible.

101 to 150 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Bronze House Reprisal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.