Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Khel's Bronze House Reprisal (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Classy bronze dot.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Crazy telekineticist -.. --- -

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

<----------------------

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

I'm a nome! -.. .- ... ....

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Having traveled some distance at the request of Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch, Zirt arrives in Magnimar in the early afternoon to find Rayne, Mavarion and Hrolf already at Heidmarch Manor, recently returned from a foray to an ancient elven tower. Just after midnight, one of the manor’s servants, a young man named Jardan, gathers the party, apologizing for the late hour and informing them that the venture-captain needs to speak with them.

The servant leads the way to the library, where Venture-Captain Heidmarch stands waiting, along with two seated guests: an elderly man and a woman in uniform. The venture-captain finishes reading a paper with a satisfied smile, and dismisses the servant. “Thank you, Jardan. Welcome, friends. I apologize for the hour, but Aspis spies are about, and this matter requires they suspect nothing. As you know, we have struggled with the Consortium’s stranglehold on city politics. Maiveer Sloan and his agents still hold sway with Lord-Mayor Grobaras; fortunately, the Council of Ushers has grown tired of the Consortium’s illegal smuggling of Thassilonian relics and the Lord-Mayor’s failure to enforce the law.”

She gestures toward the seated man, “Lord Deverin represents members of the Council that would see something done. They have provided a writ empowering the Pathfinder Society as their agent in this matter. We are to investigate a smuggling operation, find evidence of the Consortium’s complicity, and, once we have proof, tear apart Bronze House to uncover the rest of Sloan’s illegal activities.”

Lord Deverin speaks, his words interspersed with rasping coughs, “Please, Lady Heidmarch. You are merely authorized to search for evidence and defend yourselves if any resist. We don’t want a war in the middle of the city.”

Heidmarch offers a placating gesture, “Of course, I understand. Pathfinders, remember you are acting as the city’s agents; do not literally tear the building apart, and absolutely do not harm Maiveer Sloan. This is an investigation, not an assassination.” She turns to the seated woman, who rises. Kasadei is a member of the city guard and she will act as your liaison. She has some authority to request assistance, but is primarily an observer. Kasadei?”

Kasadei moves to greet each Pathfinder in turn, and then continues the briefing. “Thank you, Lady Heidmarch. I’ve read of your Society’s exploits, and heard much of its actions around the city, mostly good things. I’m eager to see you in action. The city guard recently identified one Thassilonian site we suspect the smugglers are looting. I will guide you there when you’re ready.”

Lord Deverin grumbles about the hour and needing some wine to soothe his throat and departs. Kasadei escorts him out. Lady Heidmarch turns toward you, waiting for the others to depart before speaking again. “Officially, we’re working for the city to stop this smuggling operation and, if you succeed, we can drive a wedge of public embarrassment between Sloan and the Lord-Mayor. More importantly, the Aspis dared attack the Grand Convocation. We’ve learned from an inside informant that Sloan was instrumental in planning that attack. The Grand Convocation should have been a celebration of our achievements, but thanks to Sloan, Pathfinder agents lost their lives that day, and the Society lost valuable artifacts that we’ve spent the last year collecting. Sloan must pay. Physically harming him is not an option, but find as much evidence of illegal activity as you can, and any information on Aspis activities while you’re at it. We have a rare chance to legally go in and look at his books. You aren’t authorized to seize property that the Consortium obtained legally. That being said, if a particular object catches your eye, well, I’m sure I can explain away one item disappearing from the Bronze House, as long as you can prove it is not of Thassilonian origin.”

She pauses, a dark glint in her eye, then continues, ”If you do meet Sloan, trick him into revealing as much as you can. He’s a cunning old fox, but he’s not infallible; the Council turning on him and our knowledge of his complicity in the Absalom attack might shake him. Desna smile on you, Pathfinders.”

As she finishes speaking, she holds out the writ of authority from the Council. ”Any questions?” she adds.

Knowledge (history or local), DC 10+:
Magnimar and Korvosa are the two major city-states of southern Varisia. Korvosan dissidents founded Magnimar a little over a century ago. The city’s most prominent landmark is the Irespan, a ruined portion of an enormous Thassilonian bridge that towers
over the city.

Knowledge (history or local), DC 15+:
Magnimar is divided into nine distinct districts, with wealthier citizens living on the Summit atop Seacleft Cliff, and working class citizens living on the
Shore. The poor and many criminals live in the Shadow beneath the Irespan. The Council of Ushers, a legislative body of nobles and merchants, the Varisian Council, and Lord-Mayor Grobaras jointly function as Magnimar’s government.

Knowledge (history or local), DC 20+:
In practice, the Lord-Mayor controls city
governance while the Council of Ushers remains locked in endless debates.

Knowledge (history or local), DC 25+:
The city’s Golemworks is famous for its constructs, most notably the angelic guardian. If you succeed at this Knowledge check, you automatically succeed in identifying angelic guardians encountered later, and you may use your result on this Knowledge check in place of the typical Knowledge (arcana) check to learn useful information about angelic guardians.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (local), DC 10+:
The Aspis Consortium established a presence in Magnimar near the city’s founding. They operate a successful shipping and money-lending business.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (local), DC 15+:
The Consortium operates from their headquarters
in the Dockway district, the Bronze House. Maiveer Sloan is the executive director.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (local), DC 20+:
The Consortium operates numerous successful
smuggling operations in Varisia and has been shipping Thassilonian relics out through Magnimar for decades.

Diplomacy or Knowledge (local), DC 25+:
After setbacks in recent years, Sloan has reinvigorated his projects in Varisia, and Consortium ships delivered a fresh wave of agents and resources in recognition of his success. Bronze agent Melnat Glimsilk, a gnome illusionist, is among the new arrivals.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Mavarion, a stout dwarf wearing priestly robes, seemingly without armor, and a strange headdress/crown-type hat, fidgets throughout the briefing. Beforehand, he greets Hrolf, whom he worked with previously, in his usual manner:

"Hrolf! Good to see you again, sir! Are we all good? That is to say, no hard feelings about the whole I suddenly tried to kill everyone thing? Great, I thought so! Now, let us see what interesting mission we are to embark on this time, shall we?"

While his face falls visibly upon being ordered not to tear the house down, an edict perhaps issued specifically for him, he believes, he listens intently. "Pleasure to meet you, Lord Deverin, Kasadei. Now, how are we to stop the smugglers, or is violence against them permitted? Also, what are the chances we do encounter Sloan, anyway? I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the idea if we aren't able to kill him."

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Rayne is a devilishly handsome Chelish man, roughly 2 decades old. His dark flowing locks reach to his chest where you can see a hint of a well made chainshirt underneath his clothing. His bow has the initials "R.D" carved into it. His five-o-clock shadow just enhances his rugged good looks. "So you need the job done with some discretion right? I can handle that."


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Heidmarch considers the questions she’s asked, as well as the rather divergent nature of the questioners – one looking to act with discretion, the other clearly feeling a bit limited by the possibility he might not be able to kill any who get in his way. “The Council – and by extension the City Guard - has stated a preference for minimal violence, but if your safety is threatened, you are free to defend yourselves, vigorously if necessary.” As she says this, she does cast a slightly wary eye at Mavarion, but does not amend what she’s said.

”As Rayne here says, some discretion would be appropriate. As to whether you’ll encounter Sloan himself, I cannot say. You’ll start by investigating these smugglers and hoping they lead you to evidence to discredit Sloan. There’s a certain elegance to embarrassing him without ever laying eyes on the man, but I’d find it far more satisfying to see his expression as he understands the case against him.”

As the venture-captain finishes her reply, Kasadei returns from seeing out Lord Deverin, and is ready to answer any questions the party might have for her.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5
Mavarion wrote:
"Hrolf! Good to see you again, sir! Are we all good? That is to say, no hard feelings about the whole I suddenly tried to kill everyone thing? Great, I thought so! Now, let us see what interesting mission we are to embark on this time, shall we?"

"Yes, of course. Just... try not to do it again."

Hrolf is a large ulfen hailing for the frozen north. Although mighty and ponderous in his movements, he carries himself with a grace that belies his bulk. A long dark mane stretches down his back and his beard is tied into a neat pair of twisting braids. Every exposed inch of weathered flesh, aside from his hands and most of his face, are covered in elaborate tattoos in the shapes of beasts. He wears an mithril breastplate across his barreled torso and a worn hide kilt. Across his back is a deadly hunting spear.

With the others fielding his questions Hrolf otherwise remains quiet.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt's slight frame contrasts with her burly companions, but the wee gnome shows no sign of discomfort among the bigger folk. Her eyes light up at the venture-captain's words, and she turns quickly to one side as if about to address someone there. Her face falls slightly, but she quickly recovers and addresses the group instead. "Oh boy, isn't it exciting?? We get to march right into our arch-enemies' house and learn all of their secret stories! Oh, I do hope I can bring some friends! It'd be alright, wouldn't it Ms. Venture Captain? I just don't know what I'd do without them!"

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Diplomanome: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

The Venture-Captain looks down at Zirt as the miniscule gnome asks about bringing friends. Heidmarch looks around the room, as if trying to spot the invisible friends in question, then replies, ”I imagine you can bring anyone you like with you to check out these smugglers with Kasadei, right?” The guardswoman nods in agreement, and Heidmarch continues, ”However, whether that is appropriate for entry into Bronze House itself is another question. It depends on how you choose to go in, whether you pose as someone looking to do business there – in which case you would hardly be expected to bring a horse, or a moose, inside – or you try to sneak in. But a moose would be ill-suited to that as well.”

She stands and says, ”If there are no further questions for me or Kasadei, I’ll let you make any preparations you need and begin your mission.”

Everyone ready? No more questions?

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt snorts softly in derision at the idea of taking a moose on a mission like this.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

With no further questions forthcoming, Kasadei bids everyone good night, asking that they all meet at dawn at Heidmarch Manor.

The next morning, Kasadei leads the expedition north on the Lost Coast road, travelling along it for about six hours. She steps off the road a short distance past a wayside shrine to Desna, and follows a winding footpath leading into steep rolling hills until she reaches a fallen statue of a man wielding a feathered staff. “Our diviner puts the site just over this rise, though he could see nothing else.”

She signals the city guard scouts waiting nearby, then accompanies the party, hanging back a bit to observe as the Pathfinders secure the site.

Survival, DC 15:
You’re able to spot the signs of wagons passing through in the previous day.

Knowledge (history), DC 30:
The statue represents Xanderghul, Thassilonian Runelord of Pride.

The road winds down to an excavated cave entrance, and the Thassilonian site must lie within. Outside the cave are two partially loaded wagons, filled with straw-stuffed crates marked as carrying wine. Shining jewels, ivory statues, and platinum coins glimmer within the wagons, while a dozen empty bottles litter the ground.

Knowledge (nobility), DC 15:
You recognize the mark on the crates as belonging to the noble house Jeggare.

Knowledge (nobility), DC 20:
You realize that the wine comes not from the local Korvosan branch of the Jeggare family, but all the way from Count Varian Jeggare‘s vineyards in Western Cheliax. You also also remember that the count is a prominent Chelish venture-captain.

A tall, muscular man with a greatsword across his back can be seen leaning against one of the wagons. He is singing loudly and poorly, a song praising Cayden Cailean, as a large raven on the cliff above him screeches and croaks along. He interrupts himself by taking a slug from a bottle of wine, then launches into song again! As the party rounds the bend in the trail, the raven lets out an alarmed "Caw! Caw!" and the man turns to see them.

Map linked above.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Rayne continues the song a little bit, also poorly. "That song sounds better when there are drinks flowing. Like most things."

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

When the group meets in the morning, Zirt is riding a large fluffy dog. Beside her strides a rather ferocious-looking wolverine, and peering curiously out from behind some nearby bushes is a massive grizzly bear. Zirt greets them each in turn with a hug and a cheerful "Good morning! Did you sleep well?" before patting the grizzly bear on its shaggy head and pursing her lips thoughtfully. After a moment she shakes her head, and the big bear's face almost seems to fall. "No, Jadrek, I think you'd better stay behind this time. I'm sorry... it's just that we're going on an Expedition, and I think you just might draw a bit more attention than Benedict and Gregarious. Oh, you know I'll miss you, you big silly. Now you just keep watch on Ms. Venture Captain Heidmarch's property while we're gone, okay? It's a Very Important Job, but I know you'll do just beautifully."

*** On the road ***

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
So close!

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Hmm, very interesting indeed..." whispers Zirt, almost to herself but just loud enough for the rest of the party to hear. Subtly, she points out what she's noticed about the crates, wine, and wagon tracks, before waving cheerily at the man. "Hello there!" she calls, smiling and jumping up and down once or twice on Gregarious' back in case the man doesn't notice her at first.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

The singer’s eyes widen in alarm and he lays a hand on the hilt of his weapon as he calls out toward the cave, ”Help! Brigandsh!” Pointing with his bottle at the party, he says, ”Who are you then? Ashpish come to be of ashishtance? Highwaymen come to rob our treasuresh, more like!”

Depending on what approach you want to take, please make an appropriate social skill check. Unless you’re just attacking, of course.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Of course we're Aspis. Chill out man. If we were common thugs, we would've already shot you by now."

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Wait, what? No we aren't - Ow, damn it!" One sharp elbow-nudge later, Mavarion is convinced and flashes his bronze Aspis badge, still not very convincing. "Relax, we're not your run-of-the-mill bandits. We're Aspis, here to help."

Bluff, Aid: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Zirt rolls her eyes exaggeratedly at the man. "Do you really think highwaymen—or highwaygnomes or highwaydwarves for that matter, highwayelves might but I've never even heard of a highwayelf and you certainly don't see any elves here, do you?—would wave at you before they stole your treasure? That would be very silly, wouldn't it? The Boss sent us over, and I don't think he'd much appreciate you being so silly about the whole thing. He might even think you were afraid! You aren't afraid, are you?"

Diplomanome: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Sheet Reroll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

”Well, that’sh a relief,” the man says, relaxing visibly and taking a healthy swig from his bottle before offering it to Rayne and then the rest of the group. ”We’ve collected all manner of riches from thish place, good to have a few more handsh to protect it. The other three – don’t know if you know them, Melnat, Alexei and Nalme? - went inside, left me here with jusht a bird to guard all this stuff. And we’ve had quite a haul out of thish place and others too, I’ll tell ya. And all of the Thasshilonian stuff flows neat as you’d like through Bronze House, it’s a fine shet-up.” With a lift of the bottle and a very unsubtle wink, he adds, ”Though I might sell one or two choice Thashilonian pieces myshelf, that don’t quite make it all the way to Bronze House, if you know what I mean?”

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Course we do. Sometimes things fall off the cart." Rayne says taking a swig from the offered bottle.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Indeed. Although in my experience, they don't seem to fall off the cart. More often they get pulled off my some incredible unseen force, with not a single dwarf present." One such force gently whisks the bottle over to Mavarion when Rayne is done and ready to pass it along.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

The drunken guard taps the side of his nose conspiratorially while nodding sagely at Rayne, nearly poking himself in the eye in the process. ”Name’s Chauncey, Chauncey Briggs, by the way.” He turns to Mavarion as he speaks, a grin on his face, ready to laugh at whatever joke the dwarf is making, but the grin morphs into a confused frown before he hoists the bottle once more and takes a swig.

No further questions or other thoughts for the ridiculously named Chauncey?

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Nope.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

As the party’s attention turns toward the cave entrance, Chauncey waves grandly with his bottle in that direction and says, ”Go take a look, it’s pretty amazing.” The cave itself is quite unimpressive, being smallish and unadorned, with a hole in the floor from which a ladder protrudes. Looking more closely, however, the ladder appears to be made of solid marble, and leads fifteen feet down into a room of glorious opulence.

The chamber below is covered with a hoard fit for a dragon; piles of coins and gems hold priceless works of art aloft. Intricate tapestries, sculptures, and illuminated manuscripts are haphazardly scattered atop the rest of the hoard. A sculpture in the southwest corner of a bull carrying a glowing green orb towers over the rest of the room.

Once inside the chamber, the intrepid Pathfinders feel that something is playing tricks on their senses, as a shadowy figure seems to appear briefly out of the corner of one’s eye and a voice seems to be whispering unintelligibly. After a moment, the glorious treasures all around seem to flicker, disappearing for an instant and revealing a dank, muddy floor, devoid of the wonders of Thassilon’s riches, before the scene returns to normal.

A pair of double doors stand closed in the center of the north wall.

DC 21 Will save, read if you fail:
Due to the incessant and unpredictable distractions from the fading phantasm watching this place, you are always considered flanked when you are within these ruins.

Perception, DC 30 (only DC 25 if you made the Will save above):
Though it appears that most of the treasure in the room is illusory, you find a small velvet pouch in the northwest corner. It contains a dusty rose prism ioun stone, a small scrap of decayed fabric attached to an empty concealing pocket and a collection of coins and gemstones worth 500 gp.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Will: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13

Hrolf lowers his spear nervously as the darting shadows seem to get the better of him.

"Let's not waste any time here. This place feels wrong", the big ulfen warns.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 +2 if it's vs fear.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 Rayne is easily able to spot the real treasures and picks them up. "Anyone want this?" Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Benedict Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Poor Benny.

Zirt nods quietly in agreement with Hrolf, though she seems oddly content with the whispering shadows all around. "Well, let's not stand here while the tea's getting cold!" remarks the gnome cheerfully. "Let's go look around a bit!"

Onward?

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Will (+5 vs. Hardy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Upon hearing Rayne's statement, Mavarion grumbles, "What about the rest of it? It's fake, isn't it? Of course it's fake. Well, don't know what I did to anger the gods this time, but there should be more around here somewhere."

At this level, I've just started doing more combat maneuvers. If anyone else who does them wants it and doesn't have a slotted stone either, flip you for it?


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Mav – the ioun stone gives a bonus to AC, not sure how combat maneuvers figure into it.

The Pathfinders open the doors to the north, to find an elegant chamber that seems to open to the heavens. Dragon carvings crawl over the columns, moving with each glance away. An altar rests to the north, topped with a pair of marble thrones. The thrones suspend a platinum peacock statue between them, its tail adorned with emeralds and sapphires cut to radiant perfection. The low susurrus of party chatter echoes from tastefully darkened corners. The scene briefly flickers, revealing a mud-covered hall, stripped and looted, before the glamer returns.

A powerfully-built woman holding a trident (yellow) stands near the center of this room, and Mavarion and Rayne spot a figure (red) hiding behind a fallen pillar nearby. As the party enters, the woman raises her weapon defensively and calls out, ”Melnat, we’ve got company! I signed on to haul treasure, not fight for it! You’re going to have to come up with some more coin!” A moment later, a small voice can be heard coming from somewhere in the vicinity of the altar.

Initiative:

Hrolf: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Mavarion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Rayne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Zirt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Alexei: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Melnat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Nalme: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

DM Screen:

Hrolf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Mavarion: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Rayne: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38
Zirt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
S: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Round 1 Initiative:
Melnat
Nalme
Mavarion
Rayne
Zirt

Alexei
Hrolf

Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

The stone's resonant power is a +2 to CMB and CMD.

Seeing a potentially avoidable problem, Mavarion acts the fool while taking out his bronze badge for all to see. "What are you talking about? We're here to help. Chauncey, back us up here, would you!" The dwarf raises his voice to a shout at the last sentence, hoping the drunk will come in to help. Not particularly expecting it, however, an invisible shell of aether forms around the badge, ready to fire should negotiations go south.

Bluff: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11

Readied Action, if hostilities ensue:
Empowered Extended TK Blast vs. Yellow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage, Piercing: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 1) + 13 = 23
35 damage on a hit.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"The jig might be up." Rayne draws a wand and attempts to activate it.

UMD for Shield?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Note to all: I had carefully edited out a bunch of glowing runes on the map, which I now realize needed to stay in. So the map now has a bunch of glowing runes on the floor, which you all can see.

Mav - thanks for the explanation, I never remember about resonant powers.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

"Isn't company wonderful?" calls Zirt, waving cheerfully at the woman. "It's like my mother's aunt's sister always said: there's company, and then there's company! I'm not really sure what she meant, but we could discuss it over tea if you'd like?"

Pulling a piece of paper out of her pack, she awaits the results of her offer. Ready to start singing if someone takes an offensive action. That is, an action which offends me.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

DM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 9

The figure behind the pillar leans into view, revealing himself as a human with a bow. A puzzled look appears on his face as Mavarion speaks, and he lowers his weapon a few inches, asking suspiciously, ”Who sent you? We weren’t expecting anyone to come help us here.”

The woman scowls at Zirt, her expression a melange of confusion, derision and irritation.

Hrolf is up!

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hrolf remains silent except the words necessary to conjure a layer of bark across his heavily tattooed skin. Casting barkskin.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

"Who sent us? Who sent us?!?" squeals the gnome in outrage. "Who do you think sent us?! I mean, let's think about this. It probably wasn't the Varisian Dance Society, and I'm quite positive you don't think it was the Magnimarian Spoon Players... although have you ever been to a MSP performance? We're actually quite good!"

Bluff?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Add 1 for Diplomacy, 3 for Intimidate.

And any aids anyone wants to provide...


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Before Zirt can learn if the Aspis agents are dedicated Spoonheads, a woman’s voice cries out from the far end of the room, ”Take them, you fools! They’re lying!” An instant later, a transparent, shimmering wall springs up across the width of the room, making everything beyond it appear wildly distorted. Through the strange, wavy haze, the woman with the trident can be seen to move closer. She draws a javelin over her shoulder as she moves, then hurls it at Mavarion, but the sharp steel point crashes into the stone wall nearby.

Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Javelin attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Javelin attack: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1-20 Misses: 1d100 ⇒ 9

Spellcraft, DC 18:
The wall is a wall of nausea.

Any target on the other side of the wall from you has concealment, and thus a 20% miss chance.

Round 2 Initiative:
Melnat
Nalme
Mavarion
Rayne
Zirt

Alexei
Hrolf

Mav, Rayne and Zirt, your turn.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Yep, the jig is up." Rayne draws and fires his bow at the woman after studying her for a moment. I ignore concealment.

Deadly, Favored Target: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 3 + 2 = 31
1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Now you're just being mean!" retorts the gnome, flailing her arms about wildly, her paper clutched in one hand. "Don't listen to her! She's obviously been affected by this place's curse! Are you both very afraid? Woo woo... we're ghosts, and we've come to get you!" Zirt will Mock both of them; DC 18 Will save or read the spoiler!

Failed Save:
The creature is angered by the performance and seeks to harm the prankster. While the prankster maintains the mocking, the target takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and skill checks until it has successfully attacked the prankster with a melee or ranged attack, or has harmed the creature with a spell that deals damage.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

2d20 ⇒ (16, 8) = 24

Zirt hears the woman grumble angrily from behind the wall of distortion! Clearly, the gnome's mocking words have hit a soft spot!

Mavarion is up!

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 123/123 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Hey, do any of you guys happen to be Aspis silver agents?" Mavarion calls. His bronze badge suddenly shoots out of his hand, aiming to pierce right through the woman's torso. "I've been wanting a badge upgrade. Oh, did I just try to impale you? My bad."

Concealment, I like low: 1d100 ⇒ 2
Empowered Extended TK vs. Yellow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Damage, Piercing: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 5) + 13 = 31
50 damage total.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

The woman grunts as Rayne’s arrow hits her, then drops bonelessly to the floor as Mav’s bronze badge smashes into her forehead, her trident clattering on the stone!

The archer leans out from behind his pillar and launches a pair of arrows at Rayne!

Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss chance, 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 96

Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Miss chance, 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 64

Round 2 Initiative:
Melnat
Nalme (-64 hp, down)
Mavarion
Rayne
Zirt
Alexei
Hrolf

Hrolf’s turn!

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Are those green glowing things on the ground visible to us?


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Yes. They are eerily glowing runes! I had carefully edited them out of the map and then had to edit them back in, so thank you for asking.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hrolf lowers his spear and hustles across the room. He makes it a point to avoid the strange glowing runes.

Double moving.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

As Hrolf moves across the floor, it crackles loudly and an arc of lightning leaps at him!

Touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Electricity damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 4) = 20

DM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

An instant later, a hail of driving sleet appears as if from nowhere, blocking all sight and coating the floor in ice!

You can move at half speed through the sleet with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. If you fail, you can’t move. If you fail by more than 5, you fall prone.

Read if you succeed at a DC 21 Will save:
The sleet storm is insubstantial, a thing of shadows, and will only affect you 20% of the time. Roll like a 20% miss chance before you make the Acrobatics check.

Round 3 Initiative:
Melnat
Nalme (-64 hp, down)
Mavarion
Rayne
Zirt

Alexei
Hrolf

Hrolf – as you pass through the wall, please make a DC 20 Will save or be nauseated for 1 round. If you fail the save, you also need to make a DC 12 Acrobatics check or fall prone.

Bold may act!

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Despite the blinding sleet, Rayne grins if only to himself and fires his bow at the last place he saw enemy archer. Seeking means I ignore the total concealment as long as I target the right square.

Deadly, Rapid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Manyshot: 2d8 + 18 ⇒ (7, 7) + 18 = 32
Deadly, Rapid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Deadly, Rapid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 6 [ HP 41/43 (0 NL) | AC 17 Tch 12 FF 16 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 14 | Init +3 Perc +10 | Effects: 8 str damage ]

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Zirt stares wide-eyed at the sight of lightning and hail coming out of nowhere. Maybe it really is the first world! she thinks to herself as she considers her next action.

Reaching forward, she touches the dwarf lightly on his shoulder, imbuing him with some of her First World luck! Have a heroism, dwarf.

1 to 50 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Bronze House Reprisal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.