Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Khaldun's Shattered Star PBP

Game Master khaldun


101 to 150 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Jazz Brambleshanks wrote:
"Grim? Fenster was just asking. You can say it's not for trade."

Fenster tosses his dagger back and forth between his hands, staring at Grim. "Big weapon don't need to be the gift, tha's ok with Fenster. But I don't give out information for free. No, no, no. You think tower girls stay with me because o' m'looks?" He chuckles to himself. "They stay with me because they know they's safe with me. So find gift for me or go away." He stares at the group. "Thoughts there were four of you..."

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

"How sick little man protect Tower Girls? Hmmmm?"

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

"How about another 2 gold pieces? What can you tell us for that?"

Fosco tosses another 2 good pieces at Fenster's feet.


M Human Monk Level 1

Chi comes back around to join the rest of the group.


Male Halfling Bard 1

"Help us out and I'll write a song about ya! Make ya famous!" Jazz blurts confidently from behind Grim. "I perform all over the country!"

Bluff check (though Jazz might actually believe this himself)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


(hahahahaha... epic FAIL!!)


Redline058 wrote:
(hahahahaha... epic FAIL!!)

Fenster twirls the dagger around his left hand before tossing it to his right. "Song'd be nice, but Fenster's already famous. He's also a man with many things that need doing." Everyone except for Chi hears the impatience in his voice. "Maybe not nice earthbreaker, but something smaller? A ring or magic or pretty stone? I seen where Natalya and her gang are hidin' but my collection of pretties don't grow on its own."

He pauses. "I go back inside now. You leave gift at entrance. I come back soon. If you leave good gift, I tell you information. You go find Natalya tonight if that what you want."


Grim and Fosco move away from the door, so they are out of earshot of Fenster. Fosco beckons to the other party members to follow.


Chi and Jazz join Fosco and Grim.


Redline058 wrote:
Chi and Jazz join Fosco and Grim.

Fenster goes back inside. "Soon," he repeats.

Feel free to wait as long as you'd like, discuss what gift to leave behind, or split up by sending other people asking around in the areas where there are more people than sand. It's up to you.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

I've noticed that Mr. Fenster is quite partial to daggers. He was playing with that old rusty one. I'll give him my dagger. Its a lot nicer than his.

Fosco places his dagger just outside Fenster's door, knocks briskly, and then rejoins the group.


Fosco Knotwise wrote:

I've noticed that Mr. Fenster is quite partial to daggers. He was playing with that old rusty one. I'll give him my dagger. Its a lot nicer than his.

Fosco places his dagger just outside Fenster's door, knocks briskly, and then rejoins the group.

Fenster comes back ten minutes later, checks to make sure the group is far enough back, and goes to check what you've left. He picks up the dagger, tosses it hand to hand, gives it a twirl. "Shiny dagger." He pricks the end of his finger with it. "Nice and sharp. How much this dagger worth?"

Whoever is going to reply roll a bluff check.

Whoever is bluffing read this:
If you beat his sense motive check, then he believes whatever you said about the dagger assuming it isn't some absolutely ridiculous comment, and he is happpy. He requests that you bring him something nice down the road though. "I see Natalya go into old boarding house. Very dirty place. Goblins and other people there too. Fenster don't like going near. Sense strange aura. But I show you if you like. Fenster can never have too many friends, heh, heh." His sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


"Whoa, Fosco? You sure about that? We're not so hard up that you need to give THAT dagger away. I mean, it's saved your life on more than one occasion! And I bet that daggar could open a crab claw or fillet a fish like cutting through soft butter. How about I give you seven hundred gold for that dagger? I know it's not what its worth but..well... I've always liked it."
bluff roll 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Redline058 wrote:

"Whoa, Fosco? You sure about that? We're not so hard up that you need to give THAT dagger away. I mean, it's saved your life on more than one occasion! And I bet that daggar could open a crab claw or fillet a fish like cutting through soft butter. How about I give you seven hundred gold for that dagger? I know it's not what its worth but..well... I've always liked it."

bluff roll 1d20 + 9

Fenster REALLY wants that dagger now. You see his eyes light up at the mention of seven hundred gold. "Just me kind of dagger. Thinks I'll keep it. No, little friend, I know you want it, but you wants to know where Natalya is too and so I make the choice for you." He tucks the dagger into his belt. "You want me to bring adventurers to Natalya's hideout now?"

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Yes Mr. Fenster. Thank you.


Male Halfling Bard 1

Then Jazz smiles like a lost relative with beach front property to sell.


Fenster leads you at a brisk walk towards where he says Natalya is hiding out. "MR. Fenster. I like that, heh, heh."

You are about 100ft back at the moment. Do a perception roll please and let me know where and what you're looking at. There are various other buildings, some of which look abandoned, some of which are clearly still inhabited. A few people shamble around, but most move away when they see you coming (and the look on Grim's face).

DC5:
You see a building up ahead. It looks dirty. You must be thinking about the wondrous shapes in the clouds that day.

DC10:

Natalya’s new hideout has seen better days. Its clapboard
sides are dark with mildew and marred by scorch marks.
In places fire has gutted portions of the roof ’s mosscovered
tile shingles, but the building appears to be
structurally intact. The building stands near the stark
wall of the Seacleft, and scree from several decades of
minor rockfalls has piled up along its southern face. The
structure was built over a group of collection pools in
the city’s early sewers, and when its interior was gutted,
the floors collapsed into the septic system below. Natalya
herself lairs among the rafters and attic space that still
exists between the building’s ceiling and the roof. The
building’s windows are heavily boarded over and should
be considered to have the same statistics as its wooden
walls. Doors are made of wood and cannot be locked.

A small shack leans against the side of the building, probably a
storage shed of some sort. Boarded windows look into an interior
littered with fresh garbage and debris of recent habitation.

DC18:

You see a humanoid face peeking out from a small gap in the boarded windows. It looks like there has been some coming and going between this shack and Natalya's hideout.


M Human Monk Level 1

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
examining closest buildings on flanks


Male Halfling Bard 1

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
looking all around at whatever is shiniest or colourful or attractive


Male Halfling Bard 1

"What a dump!"


M Human Monk Level 1

"Caution. Someone watches us from the shack."

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Hmmmm... How are we gonna get in there?

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 19

Grim is continually scanning his surroundings while approaching the dilapidated structure.

"Hmmmmmm... Grim see little face in window over there."


The only door you see is the one from which two men exit. Looks like a storage shed, but if that's what it is then it is storing two thugs. One has a short sword at his hip, the other a morningstar. The one with the morningstar doesn't look like he wants to use it. He remains in the doorway, levelling a crossbow. The other thug steps forward, short sword in hand.

"Go away if you know what's good for you. You've no business here." He seems pretty certain that he wants you to go away, and he's yelling pretty loudly, although the large number of party members (diminutive though some of them may be) seems to take some of the thunder from the command.

You don't perceive anything beyond the single doorway and the two thugs. Everyone else in the area scurried quickly away (if they hadn't already) as soon as the men with crossbows started yelling. Natalya's supposed hideout seems boarded up tight.

Fenster slithers backwards into the shadows of a nearby alley. "You no tell Natalya I said anything. Or I will know. And I will find you." He quickly leaves the area unless you physically try to stop him.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Fosco whispers out of the side of his mouth to Grim "Let him go.", while staring intently at the thugs.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

Grim draws his earthbreaker and adopts an aggressive battle stance, bearing his sharpened teeth.

"Ha! Make move! Grim thirsty for your blood!"

Initimidate 1d20 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Gentlemen, we have no quarrel with you. We are looking for Natalya Vankaskerskin. You are outnumbered and our weapons are superior. Is protecting her worth your life? Leave now and live to fight another day.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


[meta-moment]

Can I use Grim's strength mod on his intimidate checks (not that it would have made a difference on the last roll)? When I picture intimidation (bullying) I don't picture a charismatic bully. I picture a nasty brute like Grim. That being said, I can see how a highly charismatic sorceress could intimidate as well. Perhaps either strength or charisma can be used for intimidate depending on the bully type (physically aggressive vs. passive aggressive)?

[/meta-moment]


MegaPsionic wrote:

[meta-moment]

Can I use Grim's strength mod on his intimidate checks (not that it would have made a difference on the last roll)? When I picture intimidation (bullying) I don't picture a charismatic bully. I picture a nasty brute like Grim. That being said, I can see how a highly charismatic sorceress could intimidate as well. Perhaps either strength or charisma can be used for intimidate depending on the bully type (physically aggressive vs. passive aggressive)?
[/meta-moment]

Yes, you acn use Grim's strength for his intimidate checks. And don't take a CHA pentalty either. I don't imagine you need to look good or charismatic in order to intimidate anyone.

The guard in the front hesitates at the mention of Natalya's name. Fosco is extremely convincing and they realize now, with you knowing exactly who she is, that you aren't going to leave. The guardsman with the crossbow fires a bolt at Grim and then rushes inside.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d8 ⇒ 2. Grim make a DC10 reflex save to avoid being flat footed. Take damage or not as applicable. (I'm assuming this pitiful bolt hits you, scraping your arm and drawing the tinest bit of blood).

The man with the sword hears the crossbow click and, knowing he'd be left alone to die, rushes in towards the doorway.

DC15 perception:
You hear a faint noise that sounds halfway between a thump and a splash and loud curses coming from inside the building.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

Reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

"Eh? Now you die!"

Grim takes 2 HP damage and charges at the doorway.


Johnathan Grimtusk wrote:
Reflex save 1d20 + 2

Yup, so Grim is surprised that they would DARE fire a crossbow bolt at him! Now that the two thugs have gone, you need to decide what to do, keeping in mind that if they do indeed work for Natalya, the element of surprise won't be in your favour.

If Grim actually enters the doorway or at least peers inside, I can show you the beginnings of a map on roll20.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

Grim swings his earthbreaker at the door, attempting to smash it in.

Attack roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Fosco is on Grim's heels, readying a heal spell. This isn't the first time he's had to look out for the reckless half-beast!


Johnathan Grimtusk wrote:

Grim swings his earthbreaker at the door, attempting to smash it in.

Attack roll 1d20 + 5
Damage 2d6 + 9

Door successfully smashed in. Grim sees that the entire floor of this chamber has collapsed into the pool of water five feet below. The earthen walls of this flooded subcellar ooze with foul rivulets, and the smell is abominable. One of the thugs must have fallen, because he can hear cursing coming from down below.

To be continued on Roll20. Journals to follow on what happened in combat.


Chi and Jazz will take cover in the ratty buildings to left, readying crossbows.


Redline058 wrote:
Chi and Jazz will take cover in the ratty buildings to left, readying crossbows.

So I've got Chi taking cover near a ratty building nearby, with Jazz standing on some rotten something-or-rather to get a view from the window with his crossbow. Grim and Fosco are at the front door, their brains figuring out what to do. I've updated the positions on Roll20. Feel free to let me know what you're doing /thinking on roll20 and I'll update with monsters, dragons, traps, etc as necessary ;)

http://app.roll20.net/editor/


Jazz checks to see if a threat appears, then he can provide covering fire with his crossbow.


Redline058 wrote:
Jazz checks to see if a threat appears, then he can provide covering fire with his crossbow.

Hi guys,

Sorry it looks like the post I'd meant to post got deleted. So, here's what's happening.
Chi:
Chi has rushed up the ladder, chasing Natalya Vancaskerkin, who has been yelling "I will rule Magnimar, and you will rue the day you chased me!" As soon as he reaches the top of the ladder, he sees stop running and go down to one knee after being hit by two crossbow bolts. All three of the men are reloading their crossbows, while a well-armoured woman has a sword and whip drawn.

Jazz:
Jazz saw Chi run ahead, straight through the flames summoned by Natalya, and can see the doorway which leads to the ladder. I don't think Chi has yelled anything so far. The ladder he seees straight ahead of him goes back down to the level you were on earlier.

Grim:
Grim is pretty upset at being behind the other group, but is happy to no longer be standing in a pile of grease nor fighting crazy stirges that tried to impale him with their claws before sucking his blood out. He sees the downed crossbow guard, and has seen all three of his friends (hopefully nt his only friends) run on ahead.

Fosco:
Fosco is a little bit disconcerted that he hears a dog barking in the background. He doesn't remember seeing a dog, except that strange goblin dog, which theoretically shoudln't be able to climb ladders. He's trying to keep up wiht Chi, and is moving as fast as his little legs will take him.

(I'm going to just assume you guys all run and follow Chi, unless you want to do something differently I'll consider that your move action and post the response from the bad guys and Natalya, then Chi can go, then the others can move from the top of the ladder 10ft back. )

After reading individual characters, read this if you move up the ladder and don't roll a 1 on climb check:
Grim your movement is slowed beacuse you don't want to fall into the sludge below, so you're halfway up the ladder when you hear some of the words being said. You hear all of it with DC13, can pick out most words DC8, hear nothing DC5)

Everyone else sees what Chi sees. Three men with crossbows, 2 of which are ready to fire with a 3rd who has a frown on his face and might not have done very well in crossbow-reloading-school.

Terisha Skeloni (who looks like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/gangshaun/8059902634/ yells over to Natalya. "Though you have betrayed us, sister, you can still surrender. Give us the Shard, and all will be well again. Not one of us here wishes you harm."

Natalya stands up and lifts here chin at the group of assailants. "No one wishes me harm? You've attacked me in the streets without provocation. For that you will pay, for I will never surrender and you will never capture me. What are you but three male fools and a female with more boastfulness than skill. No, I will not surrender."

Terisha signals to her men not to fire quite yet as Natalya moves her hands, readying a spell. She says, "You there. We've no quarrel with you, so leave Natalya to us and you may be on your way." She turns to her men. "If they move towards us, shoot them."


Male Halfling Bard 1

Jazz follows Chi but does not leave the building and attempts to hide in shadows as he approaches the exit (please remind me how to do skill rolls in this system)


Male Halfling Bard 1

stealth check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


M Human Monk Level 1

Chi attempts to identify the potential opponents. Are they wearing city guard or other identifiable faction markings? Perception check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
If potential allies, he will yell "hold! we are also here to apprehend this woman"
If potential enemies, Chi will use stealth to keep from becoming the next target. Stealth check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Chi Traverse wrote:

Chi attempts to identify the potential opponents. Are they wearing city guard or other identifiable faction markings? Perception check 1d20 + 7

If potential allies, he will yell "hold! we are also here to apprehend this woman"
If potential enemies, Chi will use stealth to keep from becoming the next target. Stealth check 1d20 + 3

Natalya laughs. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend, Terisha. Feel free to kill one another, but I will not surrender and no one shall take the Shard from me." She drinks a potion and starts slowly walking to her left. There is about 30 feet before the next row of buildings where she could potentially try to find cover.

Terisha narrows her eyes at Chi and the doorway. "I see you little one. You may come out, but exit with weapons drawn and you will not live to see another day. As I said, we've no quarrel with the two of you."

As she notices Natalya moving, she starts to slowly walk forwards, heading to cut her off. "I know your tricks. We were sisters once. You will not fool us again, so do not attempt to escape."

The three men that are with her have finished reloading their crossbows and are cradling them gingerly, waiting for a command from Terisha. They appear to be street thugs. Their armour is worn and they bear the stereotypical scars of thugs, but maybe they're just fishermen who've tasted the dissatisfaction of a few back weeks on the waters. They could be low level members of the Scarnzi gangs, or thugs hired by the Tower girls (assuming these are the tower girls), but it's impossible to tell.

(Everyone can do something, and then we will see Natalya and Terisha and co's resposne.)


Grim and Fosco are at the doorway. Fosco pokes his head out, surveys the scene, and then whispers to Grim.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Oracle 1

Grim, they say they have no quarrel with us. Perhaps we should sheath our weapons? They've got the advantage here.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Fighter (Two-handed Fighter) 1

Meh. Grim not trust. Be ready to fight just in case!


Grim sheaths his weapon and steps out of the doorway, hands raised. Fosco steps out behind him, mimicking Grim and using the hulking halforc as cover.


MegaPsionic wrote:
Grim sheaths his weapon and steps out of the doorway, hands raised. Fosco steps out behind him, mimicking Grim and using the hulking halforc as cover.

Natalya Smiles. "Join me, sister. They are a threat to the shard and cannot be allowed to take it!" She casts a spell.

DC14 Arcana or Spellcraft check:
Charm Person

Terisha and Natalya both step towards one another but turn to face the party. Terisha points her sword towards the party and addresses her thugs. "There is no need to fear Natalya's escape. She has seen reason and will return with us to our... home."

"And once we are together again, I will raise the Tower girls up and I shall rule all of Magnimaar, and the city shall prosper!" Natalya says. "I know not why I even left, sister."

"Do not seek to follow us," Terisha warns. She tells her men to follow them, and the five of them begin walking away together. The men walk backwards for 15ft to gauge your response and then run to catch up to Natalya and Terisha.

Terisha and Natalya quickly reach the edge of the nearest building and turn the corner, while their men jog to catch up. All three o them are still visible.


Male Halfling Bard 1

Jazz yells at Grim
"They're getting away!" and then shoots one in the back with his crossbow
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 roll to hit


M Human Monk Level 1

Chi rushes after a guard to tackle him from behind.
Has the girl been charmed? Knowledge arcana check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

101 to 150 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khaldun's Shattered Star PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.