Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


301 to 350 of 1,114 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin is shocked to see Tully stand up. "You volunteer for too much, Tully man," he says, shaking his head sadly. He pats him on the back and mutters a few words.

I'd like to cast Mage Armor on Tully, but I don't want Plugg to see me. Would that be a bluff check? Stealth? I've posted both below.

Bluff Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


1d20 ⇒ 1, 1d20 ⇒ 9, 1d20 ⇒ 11


This will take place before the fight starts, so nothing has changed about it and I'll post Owlbear's next action in a second.

Calvin gives Tully his support before stepping back into the crowd of people. Peppery nods her head slightly towards him and Plugg's face goes red. YOU! Did I not make myself clear?! What is it with you lot of gutless, honorless cowards?! Scourge, lock him in the bilges! And don't worry about work tomorrow you gutless waste, you'll be enjoying a vacation in the box!

Scourge and some of the other pirates move forward and grab Calvin roughly. Leading him down into the bilges, they manacle him to the wall. Scourge grabs Tobias by the throat and moves up the ladder. Enjoy yourself down here, worm.

Plugg has Peppery move forward and exmaine Tully. After a few minutes she gives another nod to Plugg. He's fine now.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan picks at the food, which is terrible, That's it. I think it is time to water down the rum.

Speaking of which, he waits till others are distracted then loses it, or slips it into another crew member's drink

Sleight of hand, fatigue counted in again
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

When the "Owlbear" is brought on, Xanxan's eyes widen. He mutters to Jirobo
"Gods above, he makes the others look gnome like. Why don't they hook HIM up to the bilge. The ship'd be so light by the time he was done pumping the damn thing wouldn't float....it'd fly!"

Then Tully stands up. And the gnome blinks wide, looks to Rosie, "Damn shame. I liked the lad, and he had a nice smile."

Calvin is caught quick enough, and Xanxan winces. He knows better than any how the bilges go.

Still mates is mates, so he calls out when the fight is ready to go "Good fortune to ye, Tully! You'll need it!"

The signs of mistreatment of the big fellow aren't lost on Xanxan though. Now there's one we need on our side.

Edited in to watch Calvin


Male Human Sea Singer 1

I can post a string of actions, if you want. Then we can just RP out the results.

Round 2:
Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Fight Defensively: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum is shocked at Tully's volunteering, but then as he watched him dance around the giant and the giant's wild swing, he saw the possibilities.

During the distraction Callum dumped his rum (Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9).

Then Callum moved into the crowd for a better vantage and began to cheer for him, 'at a boy, Tully! Use yer agile-ability! That man may be big but it don' mean nothin' if 'e can't hit ye! An' him makin' fer an easier target, too! 'ave at 'im!

Callum is using Freebooter's Bane (Ex) to give Tully +1 attack and damage. It's not magic just an (Ex)traordinary ability to rally allies against a single foe as a move action.

Five gold on the lil' one!


Owlbear rears back to let fly with a fist, connecting solidly to Tully's gut nearly driving the breath out of him. Few inches to the left and it might have crushed his kidney.

Round 2:
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20, Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 nonlethal
Crit confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 6 (miss), Bonus Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 nonlethal

Tully, you failed the Perception check but you may try the Sense Motive this time. Same result as in the spoiler. If you fail this one as well, then we'll see what happens.

Also, what do you currently have your AC at? Are you wearing your armor? This goes for everyone, what items do you generally wear on you when about the ship? Armor, weapons, etc? You've reaquired your gear but what exactly are you carring around day to day?


Tully, sounds good to me. Post your rolls both attack (and if you get the Sense Motive, the corresponding skill checks) and we'll go from there.

Callum, I agree that your ability would work fine. No magic to detect or notice.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan has his tools still hidden on him from the start,a bit of wealth tucked there too. He wears his rapier openly now, but he leaves his armor off most of the time along with other goods as per Grok's suggestion of bringing them to light gradually.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully should be wearing his armor. I doubt it occurs to him that it would be a danger if fell overboard. If I needed to state that explicitly, then we can move forward without it. He's also carrying (not wielding) his sap, but nothing else. So, AC should be 17 (+3 Dex, +3 Armor, +1 Dodge) +2 for Fighting Defensively.

Round 2 is in the post above.

Acrobatics Check (If still possible): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

DM:
Callum has his boarding axe and bronze knife for weapons but leaves his wooden armor (=studded leather except no neg for swim checks) in his locker due to the chance he'd be climbing up in the rigging (although the way things are going, he might start to wear it more often, I'll let you know). Same goes for his hat.

Callum winces with the punch that Tully took, but continues to cheer him on. C'mon lad! Bounce back!


Tully, armor's fine. Just wanted to be clear. Also Acrobatics is fine as well for Round 2, thus avoiding the crit. :-P

Why don't you go ahead and roll the next few rounds all at once, then I'll roll for Owlbear and post a summary, that way I'm not retconning a bunch of hits lol.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

The bruiser can't see me to his left. Tully spun and ducked using all his agility.

Round 3:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Round 4:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Damage 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Round 5:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Round 6:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Round 7:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Round 8:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Fight 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
Damage 1d3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


Alright, bear with me a bit, this will be a little tricky/confusing. Also not gonna bother rolling Owlbear's attacks on the Rounds where you hit the Acrobatics DC.

Tully seems to catch on to Owlbear's handicap and makes quick use of it. Dancing back from the big man's fists, he sends a series of blows raining on the big guy. Constantly spinning to the left, Tully takes residence in the man's blindspot and seems to flow around him. Owlbear yells in frustration as he takes the hits. This sums up through the end of Round 5.

Plugg lets out a curse before throwing a club into the big man's hands. He looks to Plugg in confusion. Stop wasting my time you big idiot and do something already. This is boring the hell out of me. Some of the crew cheer this update but more than a few don't seem to really approve. The big guy swings the club at Tully, almost like a speeding tree trunk towards his head. Tully dodges aside and lands a solid blow to the giant's head. Round 6.

At the last blow, Owlbear cries out and tries to back away from Tully, lowering the club slightly. Some of the crew, mainly those who cheered Plugg's club addition, push the big man back towards Tully. Owlbear's Round 7 action was to lower the club and attempt to back out of the circle before he was pushed back in. Do you want to change your Round 7 action at all?


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Plugg wrote:
Stop wasting my time you big idiot and do something already. This is boring the hell out of me.

'ere now, bad form! Bad form! Callum yells out angrily at both Plugg's handing the giant a club, Cheatin scalywag! and his treatment of the large man. An' that's not how ye treat one on yer side.

He continues to cheer, however, when Tully keeps the upper hand, able to easily avoid Owlbear's blows, and changes his cheer when the giant backs off. Good one, Tully! Victory! Not a man 'ere could'a done that! T'was a good win!


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan frowns as the big man backs away, not out disapointment for the fight not keeping on, but another reason By the gods, he's scared.

The gnome calls out, "Ease off him, Tully, or at least give him a chance to surrender. Owlbear gave a good match! No point beating on a fellow when his heart isn't in it"


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu watches Plugg and Scourge with shadowed eyes during the evening events, watching to see if they pour rum for themselves, or if they ever drink from the same bottles as the crew.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He loses sight of the two every so often, but in his heart he believes that they are not drinking with the crew...they are not touching the rum.

Ko'ulu pours the rum over his shoulder and down his bare back, across the raw wounds, the raw alcohol singing like brands of fire.

He isn't hiding, because it isn't in his way, so this is to see who notices 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I will not forget the lash...I will kill Plugg when I get the chance....

As the man emerges from the hold, Ko'ulu watches in horror as they treat the poor man with contempt.

Ko'ulu is ready to step forward, when Tully volunteers suddenly and steps out of the crowd.

"Tully man, don't be stupid, he hit you, he gonna break something."

As the fight progresses, Ko'ulu relaxes a little, the man, big as he is, does not appear to be a trained warrior as he doesn't take advantage of any of the openings that Tully leaves wide open.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"Tully man, this be done. Leave the man be." he says as he reaches out and taps Tully on the shoulder.

"He is done, pounding him into the deck will not help." he pleads, watching as both men, panting with exhaustion continue to square off. Ko'ulu reaches forward, trying to grab Tully's shoulder and pull him back.

Grab 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Then, the club gets added into the mix, and Plugg stands grinning on the far side of the ring.

"No honor! Cheat!"

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully held his hands as the poor lummox was shoved back into the ring. So, they would force him into this?

Tully lowered his guard. Iomedae, I have become far too reckless with my life, these days! It's ok, friend. If you've had quite enough, then so, most assuredly have I. You've fought as a man, Tully pointedly ignored the club in the creature's hand, so, let us part as men.

Tully held out his hand to Owlbear.

[ooc]Diplomacy (if necessary) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


No Diplomacy necessary. ;-)

Owlbear looks at your offered hand, a look of confusion and joy on his face. He shakes your hand almost timidly. Plugg calls out from the deck, his voice annoyed. Well Mr. Tully it appears you have bested the lumox. Congratulations. I guess the purse is yours. He tosses the pouch down to you before walking off.

A couple of the pirates lead Owlbear off below to chain him back where he was. As he heads down the steps he turns to look at you one last time, a smile of hapiness on his face as he waves at you briefly before disappearing below.

As the crew disperses a bunch of the men move around Tully, slapping you on the back and complimenting your prowess. The night has started slightly better than you originally expected when stepping into the ring with the giant.

Tully, you've won 100gp and you have made Owlbear Hartshorn Helpful, permanently! Granted with him chained up most of the time, this won't be too helpful (at least for now). Additionally you now receive a permanent +2 bonus on any Influence action checks made to Influence the crew.

Callum, you won 20gp off of your bet made on the fight.

Everyone please post your Day 5 Night Time Ship Action(s). Also with the Rum checks, I'm not going to bother calling out via post if you get caught spilling them anymore, just to save me some time. You all know the Stealth/Sleight of Hand DC you need to hit and if you don't make it, post accordingly. You'll get your lashes the following day regardless.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

I'm assuming I'm in the bilges for the night, correct?


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu moves over to where Scrimshaw is sitting.

"Jak, you have been here longer, have you ever seen Plugg or Scourge drink the rum that they give us?"


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Before the fight...

Jirobo has a good day hunting bugs and rodents in the lower decks, catching a couple handfuls before finishing his sweeps. That evening at the meal of cabbage soup, Jirobo holds up some grubs to the others that he found attempting to infest their food supplies, "Anyone want a tasty grub? They soft and succulent. Real treat." He pops one in his beak and munches on it with a pulpy squishing noise. He dumps his rum ration back in the barrel as he did every night, unable to stand the taste of the foul substance.

Stealth for Rum: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

As Plugg called them all to attention and announced the evening's entertainment, Jirobo's eyes go wide as the big man comes up to the deck.

Xanxan wrote:
When the "Owlbear" is brought on, Xanxan's eyes widen. He mutters to Jirobo, "Gods above, he makes the others look gnome like. Why don't they hook HIM up to the bilge. The ship'd be so light by the time he was done pumping the damn thing wouldn't float....it'd fly!"

The tengu nods in agreement with Xanxan before chirping in, "That is the big man who scared me the other night in the hold. Poor man, he is treated like a beast, now brought out to roar and dance for the crowd." Jirobo is even more surprised when Tully takes up Plugg's call for a fight with the giant of a man. He shakes his head, Now I'll have to heal more wounds in the morning.

When Calvin is ratted out by another of the Wormwood's officers, Jirobo whispers to Xanxan, "I'll be right back." He follows Scourge and the other pirates down below, sticking to the back of the group and trying to remain out of sight of Scourge and the rest. He watches as they chain him up below in the bilges and then as Scourge returns with Tobias clinched by the neck. Jirobo follows Scourge to see where he puts the dodo so the tengu can rescue his fellow avian later that evening.

Night Action: Sneak (or Steal, trying to find and free Tobias if able)
Stealth Check to follow Scourge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan passed on the grub, and looked worried when the Tengu slipped away, but like everyone else was soon distracted by the fight.

.......

Xanxan cheers as Tully wins the prize, "Here's to Tully!" And he means it!
He whispers to Tully, "New friend there I think. Better than the gold on this ship. But speaking of the gold, best find a place to hide it."

He also gives a friendly wave to Owlbear as he's carted off.

Xanxan might get a whipping tomorrow, he might get the damn bilge.. again, but he's for now? He's happy.

Action Influence
While the crew is in a good mood, he'll strike up a conversation with one of them and capitalize on the moment. Another halfling catches his eye, this one with three fingers. Ratline? I think they call him?

Sense Motive
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Some fight, eh? Must admit, I was shocked as well when Young Tully stood up."

diplomacy
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Calvin The Surgeon wrote:
I'm assuming I'm in the bilges for the night, correct?

Correct.


Ko'ulu:
Jak looks to you with a shrug. None of the officers drink the swill. It's just for us. Privileges of running the ship, I guess.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum collects his winnings smiling. Ye should be havin' matches every night, Tully. It's right profitable it were.

Question: Does Callum's gambling on the fight count as his night action?

He then sat down to eat, not worrying about the rum since he dumped it during the fight, although not with much stealth due to his own distraction with the battle. The fatigue from his work on the mainsail returning.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"In my village, we all drink together...well the men all drink together. It is about trust, and that nobody has poisoned the drink. I do not trust those who do not drink together. If they do not drink with us, how can we be sure that they are not poisoning us, or putting something in the drink to make our members smaller. I heard this one story about a village where a certain frog fell in the pombe (

polyglot:
alcohol
. The next day the women were all mad at them because they were vidogo (
Polyglot:
tiny
)." Ko'ulu wiggles his pinky finger at Jak.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully gave the large man a weak smile and a small wave as he descended into the hold. Then he nearly collapsed on the deck. A crowd of congratulations surrounded him, holding him upright. My hands... Feels like I was punching a stone wall!

Strangest thing I've ever done... giving a man back his honor with a beating. Now, to see if I can do it with words...

He found Fishguts sitting on the deck nursing his stew, his rope wounds, and a hangover. Master Kroop? I'm glad to see you recovering from your earlier illness. I hope it did not discomfort you too greatly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your convalesence.

Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Influence action - Diplomacy Check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Ugh back to the grind (work) but it means back to the game, so huzzah. Callum, as to your question, the gambling did not count as your ship action. I'll give a little while for Callum to post a Night Time ship action before posting the next big update.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum notices the barefoot woman, Samms and goes to her. "Tell me lass, I can see the useful nature of a bare foot for them whats up in the riggin', but tells me, how do ye keep the splinters from the deck from piercin 'em or them larger oafs from stompin on 'em? T'would be a right shame were it te happen."

Influence - Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Jirobo(although everyone should read as it quickly becomes common knowledge to you all):
You quietly follow Scourge and the pirates as they lock Calvin in the bilges. Seeing his capture of Tobias, you follow him back on deck to see him carry the bird into the officer's quarters. Later that night you move stealthily towards the door, hoping to find a way to free the bird and make it look like it simply escaped.

You slowly turn the handle but there's no give although you here a distinct click before a sharp pain explodes in your chest. You don't even have time to cry out as you slump to the deck.

Harpoon trap attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31, Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Poison Fort save 1 (DC 13): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Damage: 1 Con
Poison Fort save 2 (DC 13): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, Damage: 1 Con
Poison Fort save 3 (DC 13): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21, Damage: 1 Con
Poison Fort save 4 (DC 13): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Damage: 1 Con
CLW 1: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
CLW 2: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Flashes of images and sounds fade in and out before your eyes snap open to see Sandara hovering above you. Her arms are covered in your blood and her face is grim as she talks to the others. You need to watch each other on this ship, it isn't just the crew that's deadly. There won't be any hiding the fact that someone tried to enter the officer's quarters but at least your friend here won't show that any signs that it was him.

Seeing you awake she looks down at you with a frown. Your debt to me is growing quite large little bird. One of these days, I might have to collect on it.

Your Perception wasn't high enough to find the Harpoon Trap on the officer's quarters door.

Xanxan:
Ratline nods to you as you sit and shakes his head. Yeah that seemed a bit of a dumb idea but he did alright it seems. Wish I'd made a bet on him but oh well. Better I didn't win than I lost, eh? He says this as he raises the hand that's missing the fingers. The two of you talk for a while about various gambling establishments you've been to and monies you've won and lost.

You didn't get high enough to change his attitude from Indifferent(even with your new bonus), but your Sense Motive let you learn the man is a bit of a gambler. All PC's will now have a +2 bonus (which you got) when attempting to Influence Ratline as they know a topic to start off with.

Tully:
Kroop narrows his eyes at your words. Apparently beating on Plugg's retard has put some spine into you, eh? Maybe I drink to cover a childhood trauma, or maybe it's cause I'm a wretch of a man, or maybe it's simply none of your damn business! All you need to worry about is the kitchens, and given what you've been able to serve lately, it seems almost to be a lost cause.

As he turns away from you, Rosie pipes up from behind you. Oh ease off Kroop, his s#%* hasn't been that bad. Sure as f!&+ it could be used to waterproof a ship but it stays down. Kroop lets out a laugh and gives her a grin. He shrugs and moves off and the little halfling woman looks at you. One thing I've learned, never f*!+ with the people that handle your food. Maybe keep that in mind, hmm.

You would have shifted Kroop's attitude from Indifferent to Unfriendly but thankfully Rosie being Helpful, she will help provide a bonus to this check that puts you just high enough not to mess it up. Kroop remains Indifferent, but just barely.

Callum:
Samms has a laugh at your question. Splinters are the least of my worries aboard a pirates ship. She then gives you a playful slap. And if some lug like you steps on 'em, I just make sure he remembers that he shouldn't. But you seem a good enough sort, I shouldn't have to worry about that.

You've shifted Samms attitude from Friendly to Helpful!


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
Ratline nods to you as you sit and shakes his head. Yeah that seemed a bit of a dumb idea but he did alright it seems. Wish I'd made a bet on him but oh well. Better I didn't win than I lost, eh? He says this as he raises the hand that's missing the fingers. The two of you talk for a while about various gambling establishments you've been to and monies you've won and lost.

While the truth of it, Xanxan is a layman at gambling, going in expecting to use a few silver; he tucks the knowledge away with some satisfaction. After all, he's not trying to make coin, he's trying to make allies! And the loss of a few of the former would be more than worth the gain of the latter.

-----------
When he learns of Jirbo's condition, and what he tried, Xanxan moves to the Tengu's side as soon as he comes to, "Ahoy, are you daft, lad? Leave the sneaky stuff to me if ye feel it is a must. I've far too few friends to be losing one."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

The last thing that Jirobo remembers hearing is the click then the world exploded in pain and crimson streaks. The world fades back in on Sandara's face, the second time this has happened. Jirobo blinks as he clutchs the faint spot that the harpoon was piercing just a few moments previously.

Sandara wrote:
Seeing you awake she looks down at you with a frown. Your debt to me is growing quite large little bird. One of these days, I might have to collect on it.

Jirobo seems to grin, "I will owe you moon and sun before we are through, I think. Maybe someday I will be able to give you them." He sits up, looking at the others around, "Calvin is in the bilges and his friend, Tobias, is in the officer's quarters. I hope the meal for tomorrow isn't poultry."


Callum: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ko'ulu: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Jirobo: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Xanxan: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Tully: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Tully: 1d100 ⇒ 39, high is good


The night is fairly quiet for most of you, although Jirobo's near-death mistake does cause a bit of a stir amongst you. Other than that though, most of you sleep quietly through the night, even with some of you knowing you have lashes coming due to the rum. Calvin struggles to even doze off, manacled to the walls of the bilges as well as his concern over Tobias keeping him up most of the evening.

Calvin you will be Fatigued at the start of the day.

The morning bell wakes you all up and you blearily climb from your hammocks and head up to the deck. The sky above is a dull gray sheet as a heavy rain falls across the now slick deck. The clouds stretch out in all directions and it appears the day will be spent hot and damp. There is no mention of any notice that the door to the officer's quarters was tampered with and you think you might be off the hook, the would-be burglar's punishment the harpoon in the gut enough of a lesson.

Day 6:

Callum:
Plugg points up into the rigging from the sterncastle. This rains screwed up some of the lines and they need to be repaired. Get up there and handle it.

You need to make enough climb checks (DC 10) to get 30 feet up into the rigging to make repairs to the lines. Once up there you need to make either a Profession (sailor) or Decterity check, DC 10.

Tully:
Despite your words, or maybe because of them, you once again find Kroop deeply in his cups and for the first time on this trip, you can empathize with Plugg's frustration. Now you understand why he was so eager to find a cook's mate to help the sotted man.

Plugg quickly assigns you your task and it appears sea turtle is on the menu tonight.

Your daily task requires either a Profession (fisherman) or Survival check, DC 10. Additionally as Kroop is once again drunk, you will also have to cook the meal as well, which requires either a Profession (cook) or Intelligence check, DC 10.

Reminder, because of the amount of work you have to do, you will take a -4 penalty to both checks you make. Also, if you take any Ship Actions during the day other than Work Dilligently, you will automatically fail all of the job's checks and the Work Dilligently action does not provide the normal +4 bonus (it give no bonus).

Everyone else but Calvin:
Scourge looks at Jirobo before shrugging towards the hold. You did good clearing the pests out the other day. Get back in there and keep it up.

Your daily task requires either a Stealth, Survival or Dexterity check, DC 10.

Scourge looks to Ko'ulu and then grins at Xanxan. You're not numero uno on my s~+# list today runt. Help the savage run messages today and if you do well, maybe you'll stay out of the bilges yet.

Ko'ulu and Xanxan, your daily task requires both an Acrobatics and a Con check, DC 10. Failure at the Con portion indicates you are Fatigued at the end of your shift.

As the last of the assignments are given out you can all see Calvin being brought up from below. Scourge comes out of the officer's quarters with Tobias and Calvin's eyes light up. Marched over to the sterncastle, the lid to the iron chest mounted to the deck is thrown open and Calvin is crammed inside, Tobias squeezed in after him with a sqwak.

Scourge slams the lid shut with a bang and closes the lock on its clasp. You missed your bird so bad we didn't want you to be without him. He gives the locker a kick before walking off to continue with his daily tasks.

Calvin Sweatbox saves:

Fort Save (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fort Save (DC 16): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fort Save (DC 17): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save (DC 18): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fort Save (DC 19): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fort Save (DC 20): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fort Save (DC 21): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fort Save (DC 22): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Tobias Sweatbox saves:

Fort Save (DC 15): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save (DC 16): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fort Save (DC 17): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save (DC 18): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fort Save (DC 19): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save (DC 20): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fort Save (DC 21): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save (DC 22): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Everyone please post your Day 6 job checks and Day Time Ship Actions. Calvin you of course won't need to do this although please feel free to describe how you handle the sweatbox, reactions, etc. As a reminder, once you post a resposne I am assuming your leveling up is all set and you're ready to go.

The following NPC's will help the PC's with their tasks, providing a +2 bonus on the job check. (Note that this is for the job check only, not any of the Con checks to avoid Fatigue) Please feel free to RP this help in your posts:
Rosie - Xanxan
Sandara - Ko'ulu
Samms - Callum
Jak - Jirobo


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
Scourge looks to Ko'ulu and then grins at Xanxan. You're not numero uno on my s+$% list today runt. Help the savage run messages today and if you do well, maybe you'll stay out of the bilges yet.

"One dares to dream, Bosun," Xanxan says deadpan.

acrobatics +2 from rosie counted in:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
constitution check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

sounded like you didn't mind us taking liberties with flavor or even our helpful friends so...ignore this if that's not the case

"Go aroun the #$#$#ing wet spot the swabies left or you'll be sliding into the drink stead of delivering messages!" Rosie bellows at Xanxan with a smile

"You're a right peach, you are, thank ye," Xanxan tumbles and moves along as directed, glad to have an extra set of eyes on the ship.

Passing by the sweatbox, he mutters "Hang on you two. I wish I could help ye, but it's in broad daylight so you just hang on."

And back to hue and rush of passing orders and news on.

Action: Influence Ratline

"Here now, Ratline! Bet you a silver that I can get this run done faster than any one else has in a month..." He doesn't care if he loses the silver, he just wants to liven Ratline's day up.

diplomacy on Ratline. Just to test it out, I'll use Charmer which means I get the best of two rolls. +2 Bonus for knowing him better counted the rolls
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

The night was unrestful, to say the least. The combination of smell and awkward positioning on the wall meant that sleep was distant the whole time. After first being brought down, he could hear yells of excitement coming from the upper decks, but had no idea how the fight turned out. More pressing, however, was Tobias' condition. He had no idea where he was or what ill-treatment he was receiving for Calvin's rash decision.

Having just fallen asleep, Calvin is forcefully removed from the wall and led upstairs. Breaking onto the deck, he is actually pleasantly surprised to see the cloud cover - it made the adjustment much easier to bear. Seeing Tobias, Calvin was elated to see that he still had all his feathers and appeared to be relatively unharmed.

That elation was short-lived, however. Moments later, he was stuffed into a chest and felt Tobias' beak pressed firmly into his back.

At first, things went relatively well. The rainfall and cloud cover meant the day didn't start out too hot. Calvin and Tobias chatted about their current situation, the possibilities of combining Scourge with an octopus and the possibilities of swimming away from the ship. For anyone who happened to be walking by, there was also an inordinate amount of cackling coming from inside the box. It was difficult to tell whether it was coming from Calvin or Tobias.

However, the heat soon picked up and both Calvin and Tobias felt the effects. After an uknown amount of time in the box (DC21 check), Tobias squawked in pain and stopped moving. Calvin, eager to keep his friend alive, cast CLW on him.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

At one point during the ordeal, Calvin heard a voice outside the box encouraging him to hang in there. He wasn't sure who said it, but for some reason - perhaps it was the combination of heat and smell in the box - Calvin burst out into a fit of short-lived, maniacal laughter. This exhausted him, however, and he quickly ceased.

Just as Calvin was about to pass out, the lid to the chest was mercifully ripped open.

If I'm reading correctly, I think I got down to 1 HP of nonlethal damage. And Tobias should be at 6 HP remaining nonlethal damage.

You almost killed Tobias! Evil GM. Evil.

Edited to include Xanxan's admonition.


Xanxan, your post with Rosie was fine and well done. I'll an a repsonse to the Influence little later on.

Calvin, you're basically right. You have 13 nonlethal damage accumulated, it's tracked separate from regular hit points. Once you hit your exact max HP ammount in nonlethal, you then take the rest as regular damage. So after all the heat, Tobias would drop to 1/7 HP with 7 nonlethal as well. You're 9 point CLW would then bring him up to 7/7 and heal all the nonlethal. So when the lid is opened, Tobias is fine but you are 1 nonlethal point of damage away from unconsciousness and any more than 1 and you start to lose your "real" hit points from the 14/14.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

The sixth day aboard the Wormwood was a dreary affair as Jirobo stood in the pouring rain with the others. Beads of water roll off his oiled feathers, keeping him mostly dry if poofed up as he constantly shivers. Plugg ordered him back on pest duty, a job that Jirobo didn't mind in the slightest. His mood brightening regardless of the day, it soon sours as Calvin and Tobias are marched out and locked into a chest on deck. The tengu winces at the treatment. I think I would soon go mad if thrown in such a small place. I pray that Calvin is made of sterner stuff than I.

Jirobo retires to the cargo holds as he begins his search for more bugs and rodents. The tengu is joined by the man that Ko'ulu was talking to the other day. What was his name again? Oh right, Jak. Jirobo motions Jak over as his sharp bird eyes catch sight of the wiggling tail of a rat behind a crate. "Go round other side of the crate, friend Jak. Then make some noise and bang the wood. Drive it toward me and quick as one-two, we'll have a tasty rat on a stick treat for lunch." The ploy works wonderfully as the tengu comes up with not one rodent but three clutched by the tails in his hand.

After a long day of hunting critters and chatting with Jak about his hobby of scrimshawing, Jirobo makes his way back up to the deck to see Calvin dragged out of the hotbox. He quickly goes over to help by lending a shoulder to Calvin to stand and make his way to some place cooler. Jirobo pats his shoulder as he whispers softly under his breath.

Day Action: Work Diligently
Survival Check vs Pests: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 4 = 24
Cure Light Wounds on Calvin: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu groaned inwardly, but smiled outwardly at Scourge.

I hate running messages. Nothing but back and forth...

Work dilligently
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 15
Con 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Fishermen don't run. They are used to working in place, hauling ropes, mending nets, rowing and other exercises, but not running. Ko'ulu dashed back and forth between the various ships officers. Plugg and Scourge thought it was hilarious to have an insult conversation between the two of them, using Ko'ulu as the go-between.

Ko'ulu's feet pounded on the deck with the hollow thump of bare feet as he dashed up the stairs to the forecastle to Plugg.

"Mr. Plugg, sir, I think I saw something in the water." Sandra calls from where she is holystoning the deck. She is looking between the slats of the rail, then she stands and points out toward the waves. "It was big, whatever it was...do you think there are kraken here, sir?"

Plugg runs over to the rail and leans over the side, searching the waves, where Sandra is pointing, peering intently and shading his eyes with his hands.

Ko'ulu leans over panting, his hands on his knees and gulping air, as Plugg looks over the rail, distracted from his game. Sandra isn't looking at him, as she is still pointing out over the waves, but Ko'ulu glances up in time to see Sandra giving a covert thumb's up to him.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully watched horrified as Calvin and Tobias were forced into the miniscule space of "the box". Turning to Ko'ulu, he whispered, How many different cruelties have these monsters devised? Every day they bring out a new one! He is enduring this torment only because he wished to help me. His intentions were good. I wish I could have prevented him, though...

Fishguts was drunk. No surprise there...

Tully resisted the urge to kick the recumbent drunkard as he stepped around him to begin his daily chores. Plugg said "sea turtles". How in the hells does one coax a sea turtle into a net?

Raining? At least it's not nearly as hot. Will the rain be a help or a hindrance, I wonder...

Survival Check: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3

The nets were empty. No surprise there... The only thing that could truly shock me, now, is if I actually pulled something from this gods-forsaken ocean. Perhaps the crew will learn to love cabbage stew. They're not likely to get anything else until the lush sobers up...

Profession (Cook) Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Tully cast out his nets and hauled them back in, over and over throughout the day. It was beginning to feel like the most futile act of his life. The rope, the lash, or the bilges, tonight? They're not likely to continue to go easily upon me.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Now that we've levelled up, and Callum has gotten used to the roll of this ship, he will be wearing his armor.

Plugg wrote:
This rains screwed up some of the lines and they need to be repaired. Get up there and handle it.

Callum blinks through the rain up at the lines.

Aye, aye, Mr. Plugg, he says before heading to the rigging to test the ropes in the rain.

What? You afraid a little rain is going to make you slip and fall? a voice said behind him, Samms. She then grabbed the ropes and shimmied upwards. Callum chuckled and climbed up after her.

Climb rolls DC 10 (need 6 to make 30ft):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

It seems yer bare feet are good whats fer somethin' after all, he said when he reached her and they began to repair the lines together.

Aye, and don't you forget it. Clomping around in your boots. I'm ever so worried about my toes, she said with a laugh.

Their revelry stopped, however, when Calvin was led onto the deck and put into the hot box.

Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

During a break, Callum spotted Conchobhar trying to chat up Rosie while Xanxan was out of sight.

Pardon me milady, Callum said to Rosie, I don't mean te interrupt but would ye mind givin' me an' him some privacy whats with some talk I got with him about the riggin'."

Rosie smiles at him and beats a hasty retreat. Conchobhar's eyes flash and he opens his mouth to say something but Callum turns on him and cuts him off.

Listen here, ye scalywag. That lass want's nothin' te do with ye so ye best be leavin' her alone. Ye want fer some companionship what with the fairer sex, ye can find one a little more willin' or, better yet, ye can wait 'till we make it ashore where the ladies'll fawn all over yer experience on the waves in this sweet trade o' ours."

Angle - Diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Influence - Intimidate DC 25+CHA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28


Xanxan:
Ratline eagerly agrees to the bet and off you race, trying to get across the ship and back. As you turn to come back towards him, the slick deck rolls and your feet go sliding. Your momentim sends you into a pile of rope and you can hear Ratline burst out laughing although some of the sailors working it grumble at you, even as they chuckle.

Moving back up to him, you fork over the silver and he slaps you on the back, his voice jovial. Tough luck to ya' but it was a worthy bet for sure. You ever want to place a bet with me again you can always count on me to take the odds.

As he moves off laughing, you chuckle to yourself at how easy it was that a simple "fall" and the loss of a measely silver piece could sway a man so quickly.

I guess we can thank the Charmer talent, as you've changed Ratline's attitude from Indifferent to Helpful!

Callum:
Conchobhar looks at you sullenly, the rain flattening his hat and generally spoiling his practiced appearance at being a pirate. You're easily able to get that while he wants to be a pirate, he doesn't know exactly what that means and it's easy to use that against him.

Easy enough for you to threaten someone smaller than yourself, but have it your way. There's more women on this tub and in the ports other than some random halfling wench anyways. With that he sulks off, giving you a wary but angry eye.

Thankfully, getting the "Angle" roll was just enough of a boost to help you move him from Hostile to Unfriendly.

Ko'ulu, just a heads up that your post was close to being a little too liberal with the NPCs for my tastes. It's nothing that needs adjustment on my part but Sandara giving you the go ahead to push Plugg over the side, and him even being that gullible to go to the rail in the first place, is a little more of an assumption than I would be completely comfortable with. Like I said, nothing that needs adjusting on my part, you didn't actually try to push him over, but just letting you know it caught my eye.

Campaign tab updated. Next update coming shortly.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:

Moving back up to him, you fork over the silver and he slaps you on the back, his voice jovial." Tough luck to ya' but it was a worthy bet for sure. You ever want to place a bet with me again you can always count on me to take the odds."

"Ah, I'm not as bold as you at the spin of Desna's wheel, I'm thinking, but who knows, I might try another wager again with you some time indeed. You're a good sort about it." He grins.

Quote:

As he moves off laughing, you chuckle to yourself at how easy it was that a simple "fall" and the loss of a measely silver piece could sway a man so quickly.

And that's another one, and seemingly not a bad fellow to boot at first glance. A gnome can respect a man's right to his obsessions most of the time.

Doing the math in his head, he realizes the numbers are slowly changing. Soon, I hope. Besmara, Gozreh,Callistra Desna...all you other gods of sea, luck and revenge, let it be soon.


The day is long and wet, the rain unending and only getting worse. Scourge looks especially grouchy as the bloody hour arrives and he looks extra happy to be dispensing punishment. A few members of the crew go on the post for rum spillage and failure at jobs. Three of you end up on the block for your rum waste the previous night. Tully and Kroop also end up on the block only to receive bashes from the heavy end of the rope. The crew groans at this, knowing the meal is likely going to be a bit tough to stomach.

Tully takes 3 nonlethal from the 3 rope bashes.

Whip strikes:
Xanxan 1: 1d20 ⇒ 8, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Xanxan 2: 1d20 ⇒ 13, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Xanxan 3: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
Callum 1: 1d20 ⇒ 7, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Callum 2: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Callum 3: 1d20 ⇒ 12, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 1: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 2: 1d20 ⇒ 20, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 3: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal

By the time food is served, everyone is only too happy to get below decks to eat and the main hold is full as the crew hunker down. The food is as bad as expected although everyone eats, too hungry to care. Grok moves around with the rum, her movements practiced in the rolling ship as the waves continue to sway the boat back and forth.

Rum rolls for those that drink:
Callum: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Xanxan: +1d4 ⇒ 1 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 2 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Ko'ulu: +1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 1 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Calvin: +1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Jirobo: +1d4 ⇒ 1 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Tully: +1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 3 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 ⇒ 13

The sound of rain pounding on the deck above keeps everyone below decks, sodden and drenched as they are.

Everyone please post your Day 6 Night Time Ship action(s). Note that the rain/weather doesn't prevent any of your normal options, just something to keep in mind for flavor when you're posting. Campaign tab updated with whippings but not rum results.

Also a reminder, make sure to include all the relevant rolls in your posts. Between ship action choices, hiding rum disposal, etc.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu grins at the crew, and rolls his eyes at the crew as he is lashed up between the posts and given the lash once more.

The whip stings into his back and he feels warm trickle running down his back and legs to the floor as he slips off into unconsciousness once more.

And he is out. 13 non-lethal hp, current hp 5/13. So he will be unconscious for 13 hours to heal the non-lethal damage.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin looks with gratitude towards Jirobo upon emerging from the box. "Birds are nice," he says wearily.

He is almost too exhausted to eat, but does manage to get down some of the swill Tully cooked. "Did you cook this all by yourself, Tully man? It tastes similar to the bilge water I got in my mouth at one point last night," he says with a tired smile. He starts to laugh at his "joke," but quickly becomes fatigued from the activity. Tobias keeps squawking for him.

When the rum comes around, he is tempted to take a drink, but manages to resist. He attempts to sneakily pour out the rum while Tobias reenacts their time together in the sweatbox.

Rum Dump Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

As it's been more 24 hours since he got a good rest, he and Tobias headed down to the crew's quarters to sleep for the night. He does spend a few minutes chatting with Tobias about the spells he should prepare for the next day. "Ah...memory lapse. Good choice. Let's keep the cures though, shall we? Just in case we do something else foolish. Ok. You're right. If I do something foolish."

Moments later he is asleep and snoring on his hammock.

Night Time Action: Sleep
Tomorrow's prepared spells: 0: Light, Mending, Resistance, Stabilize; 1: CLW (x2), Mage Armor, Memory Lapse


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan is strapped to the post for his scourging , Blast it, they caught me getting rid of the drink. ME.

The first strike hits him, the rain pounding on the savaged flesh making him feel just a bit more tender.

The second cuts into him just as hard and causes him to cry out a bit in spite of himself.
"okay, now it's just...boring. he mutters weakly, the comment possibly lost in the rain.

The third hits the post. Again, Xanxan kisses the thing in gratitude.

8 temp hit points down. ouch, but could have been worse

This too, will pass. And Xanxan realizes that if Kroop got roped along with Tully, the meal is not going to be anything to write home about.

Ko'Ulu's condition worries him, and he keeps an eye out to make sure the big man isn't robbed.

That said, when drinks are offered again ,he only pretends to sip it, and then tries again to get rid of it as stealthily as possible.

Stealth has gone up higher than sleight of hand, so let's use that instead
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Action that night: influence:

He doesn't know Fishguts well, but it occurs to him that maybe the fellow would not only be handy to have on their side, but if folks told them how much they like (ie prefer) his cooking, he might appreciate the compliment. Course if I end up angering the man, I could be finding spit in my soup for months.

"Ye all right there, sir?" He says to Kroop, "Ropes are made for rigging not men as far as I feel, but no one asks my opinion so there we are. I'm Xanxan. Not sure I've introduced meself, and I should have. Been meaning to say thanks for the grub you've cooked for us in the past."

Sense motive to see if there is an angle
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Diplomacy roll
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Ko'ulu wrote:
And he is out. 13 non-lethal hp, current hp 5/13. So he will be unconscious for 13 hours to heal the non-lethal damage.

Ko'ulu please check the campaign tab and update your post accordingly. You actually only took 8 nonlethal, rolls of 1 on the whips are auto misses. Your currently at 13/17 HP with 8 nonlethal. You're fine to do a Day 6 Night Time action.

301 to 350 of 1,114 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.