Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


251 to 300 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Sea Singer 1
Callum wrote:
Yet ye filled me sails with a thought... It be unlike most on the ship te be searchin the bilges fer any but their own s***e. Mayhap we could find a place well hid where we could safeguard a message or a larcenied item where none but us whats knowin, savvy?

The bilge may not be the safest, or by far the most pleasant place to store and retrieve messages. Other swabs may be sent here on their daily tasks.

The galley may serve... if Fishguts' friendship can be won. Still, we should have a message, indecipherable and inscrutable by crew and officers, that will set our campaign in motion, when the time comes.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Although I dare say I expect anythin' hid here te stay hid, Callum said looking around at the filth, Ye've a good point that other swabs be here whats their task fer the day. I can't speak te the galley, what with Fishguts bein' the rum-lover 'e is. We can't be sure how safe things may be under his bloodshot eye. Still, mayhap we be overthinkin' it. We keep to our own strengths, convincin' crew, an' sneakin' or explorin', an' figurin the lay o' the sea, an' whatever else need done... We may not need any message passin', jes a soft word or two in passin when the chance avails us, and save the galley fer emergencies. A lil' wink an' a nod te them what's te receive it, and a nice lil' place fer hidin whats Kroop or any not be noticin.

Callum looks at his companions. Perhaps let us set te the task at hand. Who we got whats to volunteer for what? I can help with the convincin'. I was tryin' te be nice afore but methinks I be takin' the harder tack now. An' I can help with the locatin' with me up in the rig all day.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

I shall endeavor to make what small contribution I may, by winning the crew to our cause. I think I shall begin with those that seem to like us least, strange as that may seem. Everyone of the officers' toadies we turn to our cause strengthens us considerably, while substantially weakening them.

But, quickly now, gentlemen. I begin to fear, lest we become conspicuous merely by our absence.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

"Ah, good point, Tobias. Tobias has pointed out that I'm not at my best when it comes to...well...people. I doubt I will be of much help at all. But I will do as I am able."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

When this cabal is concluded, Tully will return to the crew deck, replace his rapier and buckler, collect his sap, and head to either the galley or the main deck, as appropriate.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Calvin wrote:
"Ah, good point, Tobias. Tobias has pointed out that I'm not at my best when it comes to...well...people. I doubt I will be of much help at all. But I will do as I am able."

"Ahh, Calvin, I seen the way ye can look at a man what makes his soul shiver. That'll be imporatant when the time comes. An' since, like me, ye been in these waters much o' yer life, we can put our heads together te figure out our current place o' residence."

Tully wrote:
But, quickly now, gentlemen. I begin to fear, lest we become conspicuous merely by our absence.

"Aye, but lets be sure the rest were done given their thoughts on the matter an' what they have a hankerin' te be doin' in the short term," Callum said, looking to the others, "Tully's in the right, lads, so say yer piece whats you've got te say, and then we best be reportin' te Plugg."

When all are done their say, Callum will return his armor to his locker before heading up to report to Plugg.


Seems people have said what they're going to say, I'll give it another hour or so and then I'll move things along.


Climbing up through the trap door into the crew quarters, you all remove most of your gear, keeping a few items on hand while the rest get stowed in your trunks. You can smell the bilges on you and you're only too happy to climb back on deck.

Knowledge(geography) or Profession(sailor), DC 15:
Scanning the view around the ship, you are able to make out a large-ish landmass that must be the islands known as Dahak's Teeth some distance off to the northwest.

Plugg turns to look at the lot of you as you emerge into the sun. Well that didn't prove to be too difficult. There may be hope for you lot yet. Now time to get to work!

Day4:

Callum:
Get on those lines and keep the sails full Carnvegas!

Your daily task requires either a Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check, DC 10. Additionally you also need to make a Con check DC 10 to see if you are Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Everyone else:
Plugg looks at Tully as he starts to head off. Did you forget something? Kroop is going to be fine alone today, you've got a date with the bilges. Seeing as how you've already enjoyed some time there this morning, you should feel right at home. Plugg points to Xanxan with a laugh. Shortchange. You go with him and show him how it's done. You've had to have developed some skill at it by now!

Tully and Xanxan, your daily task requires a Strength check, DC 12. Additionally you also need to make a Con check DC 10 to see if you are Fatigued at the end of your shift. Also please include 3 Fort saves as well, due to the heat conditions in the bilges.

Plugg looks to Jirobo. Get these decks scrubbed, double time!

Your daily task requires either a Strength or Con check, DC 10. Regardless of which you choose, if you fail it you will be fatigued at the end of your shift.

Calvin and Ko'ulu, your daily task requires both an Acrobatics check and a Con check, both DC 10. Failure of the Con check indicates you're fatigued at the end of your shift.

Please post your job checks and Day 4 Day Time Ship Action.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo is relieved once they make their way out of the bilges, inhaling deeply as they take their place on deck for Mr. Plugg to order them about for the day. Jirobo winces at Xanxan being tagged for bilge duty again. The tengu whispers to both Tully and Xanxan as they pass by, "Watch out for Xanxan, Tully. It is hard for him to man the pumps as they made too big for him."

Mr. Plugg wrote:
Plugg looks to Jirobo. Get these decks scrubbed, double time!

"Aye, aye, Mr. Plugg." Jirobo is glad to be able to do some cleaning after the bilges, using the brushes to get some of the gunk off his feet first before hauling up more water and getting started on scrubbing the whole boat down good. The tengu hums a soft melody his mother used to sing to him as he works.

Day Action: Working diligently.
Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Knowledge(Geography) Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Callum looks around but the stench of the bilge and the pain from the rat bite kept him from being able to focus on the ship's whereabouts.

Mr. Plugg wrote:
Get on those lines and keep the sails full Carnvegas!

"Aye, aye, Mr. Plugg! Callum went over and manned the lines dilligently, knowing he was in for a touch of the scourge at the end of his shift. He didn't want cause for the punishment to worsen, and hoping he could get off with a lighter sentence if his performance was good. I don' want te be sleepin' off the lash through supper.

Work Dilligently
Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 = 26
Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 4 = 11


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

What are we doing today? I must have missed something.
Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Con 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

....because whatever it was, Ko'ulu just failed spectacularly...


Wow, I copied and pasted a little too quick and forgot the other piece of that, my bad. You and Calvin are Runners today, carrying messages and such.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Calvin stows his spear back by his bunk and heads up to the main deck. He surveys his surroundings and instantly recognizes their location. "Ah, Dahak's Teeth. Good to know." he says, pointing to the large landmass in the distance.

GM:

Does this knowledge mean much to me? As in, does it mean we're nearing port or I have some sense of where we're headed?

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Calvin works diligently, though he is distracted by Ko'ulu's complete inability to stay afoot while delivering the messages. "Tiger man needs to learn how to land on his feet!"

At one point during the day, Calvin will sneak away to catch another glimpse at the arcane lab. While he's never personally had the opportunity to experiment in one, he is certain the contents therein would prove immensely valuable.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Calvin:
You work through the day, often trying to catch glimpses of the arcane lab again but you never seem to be around when the door is opened and there isn't much chance of you getting in there without being seen today. The lab's secrets remain elusive again.

With regards to what you learned with the Know Geo check. It doesn't give you much. You recognize the area the ship is in currently and you know that the ship is heading southwest. Other than that you have no idea. Could be any number of ports in that direction in the Shackles or he could be making for the Sodden Lands or Sargava, at this point it's impossible to tell.


Also Ko'ulu please post your ship action as well, if you plan on taking one.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Sorry, late start and many distractions today.

Sailor Roll
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Quote:
Plugg looks at Tully as he starts to head off. Did you forget something? Kroop is going to be fine alone today, you've got a date with the bilges. Seeing as how you've already enjoyed some time there this morning, you should feel right at home. Plugg points to Xanxan with a laugh. Shortchange. You go with him and show him how it's done. You've had to have developed some skill at it by now!

Xanxan smiles, suddenly glad he didn't waste a spell to clean himself. "Aye, Mr. Plugg."

And down into the bilges he goes. He looks to Tully, "Blast it, I'll be no good to anyone. Damn things take everything I've got and still more it seems."

Working diligently. bonus counted in
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Con check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Gods, its hot down here today." He wipes his brow.
Fort saves
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Sea Singer 1

You will answer for this insult... soon.

Tully turned away silently and began the march back to the bilges. Best we focus on the task at hand, today, good Xanxan.

Work Diligently Strength Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Constitution Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Fort Saves: #1 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
#2 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
#3 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17


I'm gonna give Ko'ulu another hour or 2 (since I'm about to leave work) to let me know if he's taking a ship action, otherwise I'll assume he's defaulting to Work Dilligently and go from there when I get home.


The day passes and the heat is intense but after what feels like an eternity, the work is finally over. The crew begins to gather on deck for the evening meal and bloody hour. Tully arrives on deck, practically carrying the small gnome who seems near to collapse from his time in the bilges today.

Xanxan: Nonlethal damage from heat exhaustion 3d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) = 9
Tully: Nonlethal damage from heat exhaustion 1d4 ⇒ 3

A few of the crew couldn't stand the heat and their work showed for it as a number of names are called for failure during the day. After that Tully's name is called out. Scourge raises his voice. You all know the penalty for spilling rum. Apparently Mr. Tully here was too good to drink with you last night. Scourge uncoils the whip and let's fly with three quick strikes to the young man's back. Tully slumps against the post, the strikes too much with the heat and the work of the day.

Whip rolls (auto hit unless a 1 is rolled):
1: 1d20 ⇒ 4, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
2: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
3: 1d20 ⇒ 3, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal

Scourge then motions to the men to lash Ko'ulu to the post. He opens his mouth to speak, arm raised, but Plugg calls out from the top of the stern deck. Hold that arm Mr. Scourge! Plugg comes walking down the deck, unhooking the cat-o'-nine-tails from the belt at his waist. Not only did the savage fail at the most simplest of tasks today but he thought it fine to flaunt the rules in our faces last night. Disobedience is one thing, but out right insults are quite another. Scourge twirls the cat in the air before him. I'll handle this one's punishment tonight. Six lashes with the cat? Perhaps we'll finally beat some civility and class into 'im. With that Plugg pulls back and whips his arm forward, blood spraying from Ko'ulu's back. When he's finished, he motions to the men, who unhitch the fisherman from the post and dump him unceremoniously off to the side.

Cat rolls (auto hit unless a 1 is rolled):
1: 1d20 ⇒ 2, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
2: 1d20 ⇒ 4, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
3: 1d20 ⇒ 16, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
4: 1d20 ⇒ 15, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
5: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 nonlethal
6: 1d20 ⇒ 16, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 nonlethal

After the gruesome display, Kroop walks around with the stew pot ladling out food while Grok cracks jokes behind him as she gives out cups of rum. The rest of the crew eat and carry on as they have. Rosie looks over at the group, her gaze pained at the sight of Ko'ulu's back but she sits where she is. It seems your fans amongst the crew aren't yet numerous enough to risk retribution from the rest.

Rum rolls for those that drink:
Callum: 1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Xanxan: 1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 2 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Ko'ulu: 1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Calvin: 1d4 ⇒ 4 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 3 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort Save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Jirobo: 1d4 ⇒ 1 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 7 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Tully: 1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

I've updated the Campaign Info tab with your current statuses, minus any rum rolls. Both Tully and Ko'ulu are down and bleeding out. Currently you don't see Sandara nearby. Ko'ulu is 2 rounds from Death.

Post your responses as appropriate and post your Day 4 Night Time Ship action(s) as well.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin moves over to Ko'ulu, seeing that he is need of assistance. Though he doesn't have his healer's kit on him, he does look over the man's wounds and attempts to stabilize the dying man.

Can I take 10/20 on the heal check? If not, here's a roll:

Heal Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

He then lays his hands on Ko'ulu and mutters a few words, attempting to stitch up the man's back and staunch the bleeding.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He then turns his attention to Tully and attempts to do the same.

Heal Check (if needed): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He then quietly eats his meal and attempts to pour out his rum - though the distraction of drunkenness doesn't sound like the worst diversion. This morning had been so full of hope - it was amazing how it only took nine lashes to dash that.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

He will end the night by going to down to the crew quarters for some sleep. If Ko'ulu and Tully do the same, he will check their wounds and make sure they are comfortable. He'll also prepare an additional cure light wounds spell for the next day, hoping that it wouldn't be needed. "You're right, Tobias. We can help this way. Good thinking." Swapping out Sleep for another CLW.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo winces with every stroke of the whip as Tully and Ko'ulu are left in bloody ribbons. The tengu rushes forward with Calvin after Plugg and Scourge leave the two for others to clean up. His feathered fingers slowly trace over Tully's back while Calvin tends to Ko'ulu first. Jirobo whispers soft words to the winds as he pours the nuturing side of nature into Tully's wounds. When Calvin is done what he can for Ko'ulu, Jirobo kneels by the tall man, repeating his soft words as he strokes the wounds. The little tengu then assists either of them down below for the evening meal if they require it.

That night, Jirobo takes Xanxan's portion of the meal and helps feed the exhausted, semi-conscious gnome, "You must watch after yourself, poor Xanxan. Take many short breaks outside if heat is too much next time. Now, eat slowly but all. You need your strength back." Jirobo tends to his own needs afterward before slipping the rum back where it came.

Night Action: Sleep
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Cure Light Wounds on Tully: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds on Ko'ulu: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

The gnome groans as Tully carries him out.
By Bloody Hour, Assuming he gets an hour to get one nonlethal hp recovered he can at least watch. Part of him wishes he hadn't. Tully probably saved my life down there from the heat, even if he didn't.. I owe him. To see him like this. He frowns.

Watching Ko'Ulu taking the whipping isn't much easier, given that it is even more brutal. Xanxan looks around, craning his neck for the priestess of Besmara Where the hell is Quinn?
Then he nearly passes out.

He wakens a second time to find food being put in his mouth.

Quote:
"You must watch after yourself, poor Xanxan. Take many short breaks outside if heat is too much next time. Now, eat slowly but all. You need your strength back."

He eats slowly, muttering "Not sure I can take breaks and still get the damn job done. Heat or lashes... not a fun choice. But thank you, Jirobo. You're a true friend."

The drinks are passed around again. Xanxan looks at the drink and tries not to show his hatred of it I used to like rum Real rum, not this rotgut. Be a damn shame if this makes me a teetoller for life.

sleight of hand. Fatigue counted in
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Despite his exhaustion, he's a job to do... and talking to folks, weak as he is, takes less effort than skulking. He seeks out Conchobhar.

Sense motive to figure out any angles
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

He speaks in gnome, figuring the fellow might miss talking in it...

Gnomish:
"Hope you don't mind. I miss using the old tongue around folks what understand it. What's your story, if one might ask?"

Action tonight, influence-Diplomacy
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully was astonished to discover that when he dedicated himself to it, physical labor was not beyond him. Monotonous, repetitive movement even postponed the remembrance that Scourge had him "dead to rights".

Xanxan had nearly passed out from the heat in the foul, cramped bilges. Tully half-supported, half-carried the unfortunate gnome up to blessed coolness of the main deck and the night breeze. He immediately directed the gnome towards the deck's scuttlebutt, the desire for water coloring all his thoughts. He had barely resolved himself to give the gnome first rights, when he was jerked around to face Scourge.

"You and I have business, boy!" he hissed.

Tully quailed at the threat. He was not entirely sure how well he would stand a lashing. He feared he might appear a coward or a weakling in front of his companions, in front of the crew.

The first lash was agony. Fortunately, it was the last he knew...

This is just fluff. If I've read this correctly, I'm still unconscious. So, I'll wait until DM posts some after-effects to declare an action.


Tully, unless someone pops another CLW on you, you'll end up recovering the whole night. Aka unconscious.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

I am assuming that Ko'ulu wakes up after 2 CLW....right? Or do you want him unconscious all night?

Ko'ulu swims in a sea of pain. The memory of the lash like lightning across his skin. The sound of Plugg's heavy breathing and grunting anger heavy in his memory.

I am going to kill him. I am going to kill him. I am going to kill him...


Campaign Info tab has been updated with healings but here's where everyone is at, as far as conditions and what they can do.
Xanxan: At the start of the evening you'd be unconscious. After 1 hour of rest, you'd heal 1 point of nonlethal, putting you at conscious. Your post above is fine and I'll have a response up shortly.
Ko'ulu: You are correct, after the 2nd CLW, all your nonlethal is gone and you're back in the positives, so you can take your normal Night Time ship action as normal.
Tully: After the healing, you are at 0 hp which would make you staggered but since you still have 5 nonlethal damage, you're still unconscious. After 5 hours of rest you'd be awake but still staggered, which doesn't leave you many options. Thus why unless you get another CLW, you're just sleeping it off tonight.
Everyone else: You're fine.

So at this point, I'm waiting for Callum to post his Night Time post with action. Additionally, Ko'ulu you may post a Night Time action as well as you'll be awake to do so. Also, since you'll be awake for it, you'll need to decide if you drink the rum or try to avoid it.


DM book keeping rolls
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Xanxan:
Conchobhar smiles as you approach, nodding in appreciation at your use of the gnomish tongue. It has indeed been a while since I've heard the "mother tongue".

At your question Conchobhar shrugs. Mine is a boring story, probably similar to your own. I picked the wrong tavern on the wrong night it seems. Still, the sea calls to me and I at least have now been able to answer it. He glances across the deck at Rosie before rising. If you'll excuse me sir but the night is young and so am I.

As he leaves he shoots you a smile and it solidifies your feelings. The man was smooth but he was as self-centered and fake as you could get. His attitude and the foppish clothes, you feel like he's playing pirate more than actually living the life. And given the recent interactions with Rosie and the other women in the crew, you're pretty sure he'd plant a knife in your ribs if it would remove you from the competition.

Your Diplomacy was just low enough to change his starting attitude of Unfriendly to Hostile. Congrats lol! Your Sense Motive however was able to beat his Bluff so you at least realized this and are able to see past his facade. It wouldn have been interesting if you hadn't, thinking he was your friend.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum frowns as Plugg pulls out the Cat o' nine tails for Ko'ulu. Plugg seems te be drinkin' a cupfull o' hate fer the man. He then caught himself as he was feeling releived at not being called to the post. Mayhap they can't think of a reason te whip me but not their toadie Tate.

At dinner, he noticed Rosie's turning away and frowned. Near the end of dinner, he unceremoneously dumped his rum and moved over to Rosie and angry glare on his face. Ye're a good friend aren't ye? The one what gave ye yer fiddle back sits near dead from the heat an' ye give 'im the cold shoulder. That's awful considerate of ye. Mayhap ye could also freeze the welts on 'is friend, if ye're so inclined? Ye foul scalywag, he says before storming off.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Influence - Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Gnome talk:
Quote:

Conchobhar smiles as you approach, nodding in appreciation at your use of the gnomish tongue. It has indeed been a while since I've heard the "mother tongue".

At your question Conchobhar shrugs. Mine is a boring story, probably similar to your own. I picked the wrong tavern on the wrong night it seems. Still, the sea calls to me and I at least have now been able to answer it.] He glances across the deck at Rosie before rising. If you'll excuse me sir but the night is young and so am I.

"Oh, aye, be well," Xanxan says calmly though inside his mind is racing.

Quote:


As he leaves he shoots you a smile and it solidifies your feelings. The man was smooth but he was as self-centered and fake as you could get. His attitude and the foppish clothes, you feel like he's playing pirate more than actually living the life. And given the recent interactions with Rosie and the other women in the crew, you're pretty sure he'd plant a knife in your ribs if it would remove you from the competition.

That realization puts him at no peace at all. Seems we're making more foes than friends at this rate. Course, he never was a friend and is in fact worst. Least ways I know it now. Damn it. I should have known... never trust a gnome!

He'll definitely sleep more cautiously after tonight.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Awaking in the warm darkness of the crew berth Ko'ulu lets his eyes adjust for a moment. The sharply angular face of Jirobo hovers near, head cocked over to peer down at Ko'ulu with one eye.

"Hello birdy," he said quietly, as he sat up, the movement causing the wounds on his back to pull and sting.

"How bad is my back?...Did you heal me? Because it feels pretty good."

Ko'ulu rolls out of the hammock and drops lightly to the floor, wincing as he pulls his back.

"You know, I don't think I am going to go on the deck tonight...I don't want them knowing that I am up and about...they might ask questions. I think I am going to go see the man in the hold and talk to him."

Ko'ulu waits for Jirobo's understanding then he pads off toward the hold.

Influence action, man in the hold

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 10

Ko'ulu moves up and squats out of reach of the man. "Chained man, what are you doing down here?"


Callum:
Going with Tam interaction based on OOC thread discussion.

Tam smiles at you but it doesn't touch his eyes. He leans forward and lowers his voice. Don't worry big man, you'll get yours eventually. With that he walks off.

Your check was bad and he wasn't exactly friends with you to begin with. ;-)

Ko'ulu:
As you approach the chained man, you can see him staring at you warily. At your question he shrugs away from you, his shoulders tensed. Leave. Alone.

Rebuffed at your attempt to talk with him, you stair a moment longer before turning away. While imposing, the man seems somewhat simple in nature.

Your attempt to Influence him was unsuccesful and you've learned he's Unfriendly at the moment. There will be more of this addressed in a later post though which is why you're not getting as much info now. :-)


Ko'ulu, you didn't indicate it in your post but I'm assuming you're trying to avoid the rum. Stealth roll for that: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21.

Update coming shortly.


Callum: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Calvin: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ko'ulu: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Xanxan: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (WOW!)
Jirobo: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Tully: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tully: 1d100 ⇒ 9, high is good


The night is quiet, people recuperating from the heat and the punishments. Callum curses under his breath as Scourge watches him dump the rum. Back on the block for me again. The plan to win over more of the crew isn't as successful as some of you would like and overall you're all happy to see your hammocks.

Climbing up to the deck the next morning is a painful affair, muscles sore and bruised from all the unaccustomed labor you've been performing.

Day 5:

Callum:
Plugg points to the mainsail. Hope you got your beauty sleep last night cause you're on mainsail duty today.

Your daily task requires either a Profession (sailor) or Strength check, DC 10. Additionally you also need to make a Con check DC 10 to see if you are Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Tully:
As you walk into the galley, Plugg follows behind you and you already know what you'll find. Sure enough, Kroop is laid out in a corner, a bottle in his hand and snores poring loudly out of his mouth.

Plugg looks in thought for a minute before turning to you. I want you to slaughter one of the pigs today and roast it for the meal this evening. I've some entertainment planned for tonight and a solid meal would go along well with that.

Your daily task requires either a Profession (cook) or Survival check, DC 10 to slaughter the pig. Additionally, since Kroop is drunk, you also need to make another Profession (cook) or Intelligence check to prepare it, DC 15.

Everyone else:
Scourge gives Calvin a questioning eye before shrugging. One of the sails split last night and we're dragging ass 'cause of it. Get to work on mending that, on the double.

Your daily task requires either a Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check, DC 10.

Scourge points to Jirobo. You're on pest control today, keep them from infesting our stores.

Your daily task requires either a Stealth, Survival, or Dexterity check, DC 10.

Scourge looks to Ko'ulu, sneering at the deck. You bled all over my decks last night, savage. Clean 'em up.

Your daily task requires either a Strength or Con check, DC 10. Regardless of which you choose, if you fail it you will be fatigued at the end of your shift.

Scourge laughs as he moves up to Xanxan. I don't know why you even bothered coming up, runt. You should just start bunking down in the piss pot, it'd save you some time!

Your daily task requires a Strength check, DC 12. Additionally you also need to make a Con check DC 10 to see if you are Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Tully, I used my roll from the rum rolls post above for your rum addiction Fort save. You're all set, you are no longer addicted. Wow, one more night of rest for Ko'ulu and (assuming no one drinks) the entire party will finally be rum penalty free.

The campaign info tab is updated with the night's rest. Jirobo, I didn't add any healing you may have cast in the morning, if you still want to do that, include it in your Day 5 post and I'll adjust the Campaign tab accordingly. Please post your job checks and Day 5 Day Time Ship Action.


Xanxan:
As you toil in the bilges, you hear the trapdoor opening above you and Rosie come climbing down the ladder. She gives you a smile before moving over to the pump. You seemed in a rough patch yesterday, no need for you to see Scourge's whip tonight.

Rosie will provide you with a +2 bonus on your job check today.

Callum:
As you haul on the lines, Sandara moves up behind you to take a grip on the rope. I'm sorry I was unable to find my way to you and your friends last night. You're certainly not making many friends amongst the crew so far and it's not exactly safe to root for the underdog on this ship. But know that I will do my best to aid you when I can. As she speaks she hauls on the ropes with you, her movements practiced and smooth.

Sandara will provide you with a +2 bonus on your job check today.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:
Scourge laughs as he moves up to Xanxan. I don't know why you even bothered coming up, runt. You should just start bunking down in the piss pot, it'd save you some time!

Xanxan ponders calling the man an idiot. What sort of half witted fool assigns the wrong job over and over again out of pure spite? He's not just evil... he's a poor excuse for a sailor and an officer. However, instead, he gives a too wide smile, and goes down. He won't give into despair.

Scourge would get too much satisfaction from it.

Quote:
As you toil in the bilges, you hear the trapdoor opening above you and Rosie come climbing down the ladder. She gives you a smile before moving over to the pump." You seemed in a rough patch yesterday, no need for you to see Scourge's whip tonight."

THIS time the smile is genuine, "Ah Rosie, bless you. My only form of revenge against the blowhard is using a bit of gnomish magic to clean up nightly. I owe you greatly. Blasted Scourge is willing to sink the whole ship out of spite by signing me up for this every morn. Poor ass excuse for a leader he is."

It feels good to vent while he works. "And, Conchabar giving you any more trouble? I chatted with him a bit. Truth, I didn't like the feel of him."

He works diligently as he doesn't want Rosie to see him give any less than his best.

str roll, plus diligent bonus, then plus the 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Con check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The chatter isn't really an influence check so much as a way to get more opinions from Rosie and if she has info to share, so much the better.
Fatigued or not, when the bilge work is done for the day, he'll cast prestidigitation on both of them, and clean each up as clean as whistle if he can. He whispers, "Mum's the word on the magic. Don't know if Scourge has figured out how I stay so clean some nights, but it's me only form of defiance I'm allowed it seems."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo wakes to another day on this ship birthed from the bowels of hell. He slips out of his hammock, moving to check on Xanxan, Tully, and Ko'ulu. The former seems fine after a good night's rest while the other two still seem a bit worse for wear, though Ko'ulu is suprisingly spry this morning for one who nearly died yesterday. Jirobo whispers a few more words to the winds as he moves his hands over Ko'ulu and Tully's back wounds, sealing them up and speeding their recovery.

Once the tengu is done, Jirobo pats each on the back, "Careful today you two. No more whip marks so soon or you'll open those wounds up all over again." When they are all called for duty that morning, he winces as Xanxan is given bilges duty again. How much excrement can one gnome shovel? His own task of hunting down pests didn't sound so bad, as he had a knack for rooting out bugs and rats. Mother always said I was the best pest hunter back at the lighthouse.

Throughtout the day, as he hunted down any stray critters, Jirobo takes time to check out some of the spots that he hadn't had a chance to check out yet.

Day Action: Sneak (Area A7 or whatever is available)
Cure Light Wounds on Tully: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds on Ko'ulu: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Survival Check vs Pests: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Campaign tab updated with Jirobo's healing. Also, Jirobo you should make a Perception or other skill check as part of your sneak action.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Plugg wrote:
Hope you got your beauty sleep last night cause you're on mainsail duty today.

"Oh aye, Mr. Plugg, slept like a mermaid on a bed o' kelp. Thank ye fer askin. Very considerate-like o' ye. An' I hope yours were well too," Callum said with a salute before heading to the mainsail.

Sandara wrote:
I'm sorry I was unable to find my way to you and your friends last night. You're certainly not making many friends amongst the crew so far and it's not exactly safe to root for the underdog on this ship. But know that I will do my best to aid you when I can.

Think nothin of it lass. Ye can't be our saviour fer every lash. Ye already be takin a risk helpin what ye did. None o' us would want te see yer pretty lil' head put in 'arms way, but leastwise we appreciate ye fer what ye've already done, Callum says while pulling the mainsail ropes. He smiled back at her, "An' it be hard work bein' friends with the likes o' us. Most o' the crew are a the bunch o' layabouts, what with them cradlin' their cup o' hate fer us, he said jokingly, but then, more seriously, I tells ye, it be difficult te make friends amongst thems what hate yer guts. An' them whats hates our guts be most o' the crew... If ye don' believe me, watch this.

With that Callum walked up to the big scowling Rahadoumi man working the rig elsewhere on the ship, "Hey, I hear what they call ye Mayhem, well ye be causin' too much mayhem on yer rig an' it's givin' trouble te the mainsail. Do ye actually know how te work a ship or are ye purely a landlubber? Ye best learn the proper ropes or ye'll needn't wait fer Scourge te have at ye. I'll nail ye to the yardarm meself."

Callum would be readied for an attack if one arises. Whatever happens...

Work: Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Day Action: Influence - Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

EDIT: Forgot some boldface and my CON check: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6, added the +2 assuming it helps the con check too.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin heads up to the deck, grabbing a scroll of Sleep, since he had replaced it last night. When given the task to mend the sails, he was surprised by his good fortune. He had helped his father mend many a sailor - sewing up a sail couldn't be that different.

On his way to the mending, a barefoot woman to whom he never spoke approached and eyed Tobias. "You can pet him if you want," Calvin said. "But he doesn't really like that, so he might bite you. His name's Tobias. He's a dodo. And he hates heights. You seem to like heights quite a bit. Why don't you wear shoes? Don't your feet get hot? I tried making Tobias a pair of shoes once to keep his feet cool. He hated those, too." Realizing that he's been talking too much, he says, "So...how are you...enjoying...the voyage thus far?"

Influence Action on Barefoot Samms Toppin: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

After concluding the conversation, he heads to mend the main sail.

Dexterity Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Here's hoping she's moved by my child-like innocence...


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully staggered out of his hammock. Jirobo's magical ministrations had taken away much of the injury, but very little of the pain. Surprisingly, despite this, and despite the fact that he was still covered in bilge filth, he felt "cleaner" than he had since he had first partaken of the ship's rum.

Thank you, friend Jirobo. And you too, gentle Calvin. The Inheritor truly blessed me with your companionship in these dark days.

It was almost no surprise to find Fishguts face down on the floor. Two days of sobriety seemed to be one too long for the man. Plugg stepped in behind him.

What in the heavens' names did you do before I arrived? You must have only eaten every third day.

I know you didn't post this, but I assume it's the same as last time. Work diligently or fail. And still, -4 to the checks. (In other words, I have a 6.25% chance of success. :-P)

Profession (Cook) Check: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1
Intelligence Check: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11

The pigs were as obstinate as Tully remembered, steadfastly determined not to surrender themselves to a butchering. Unfortunately, the provisions had not been left with any kind of organization. The meager meal he carried to the deck that evening, was horribly unsatisfying...


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

We need friends... Ko'ulu thinks back to the discussion from the bilge as he grinds the holystone on the deck. The grating sound of the limestone a constant droning hum as the swabbies work their way slowly across the wood. The sun beats down on their backs, the heat blazing on his scars.

Every so often Ko'ulu's head swims every so often from the pain and exhaustion, so he pauses and watches the other swabs at work. He moves his way over to one of the men and grinds next to him for a few minutes.

"I saw your carvings...you do better work then I have seen in my village." he says to Jak Scrimshaw.

Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 19

Str 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Tully you are correct and good catch. Updates coming shortly.


Xanxan:
Rosie doesn't stay the whole shift but she does help where she can and overall it makes the time fly having her around to talk to. It still doesn't lessen the tiredness you feel weighing on you though.

Jirobo:
You sneak off during your shift to get a better lay of the ship, checking one of the rooms off of the main hold. The door opens easily but your head falls as you realize it's just the cook and quartermaster's room. Still you give it a thorough search but turn up nothing of interest. Two locked chests reside in the room, similar to the crew chests down in the lower hold, but otherwise there's nothing but chickens to note.

Area A7 explored and updated in the Campaign tab. Sorry it was a bit of a boring one.

Callum:
The large Rhahadoumi man steps towards you, his face grim. He stares at you and some of the folks around you glance over, a fight seeming to loom. Suddenly the large man snorts before knocking a fist into your shoulder lightly. You got some cajones on ya', I give ya' 'dat.

He turns back to his task and Sandara gives a small laugh behind you. Seems you spoke too soon. I guess you just needed some motivation.

Somehow you managed to convert the big guy from Hostile to Unfriendly! Huzzah to you sir.

Calvin:
The woman chuckles as you ramble on. You are a queer one, ain't ya? As you continue Tobias seems to understand your intentions and begins to cavort around the woman, trying to show off for her. She laughs at his antics and your stories and soon you're chatting about random things as you work on the ship's repairs together. After a while she moves to leave but turns to you.

You just be careful around this ship, ok? Some of these men would sell their own mothers for a copper and I don't think you want to be messing with them. After that she moves off.

You've converted Samms Toppin from Indifferent to Friendly!

Tully:
You struggle throughout the day and despite the good advice you received and the general apathy he's shown you, you're starting to truly get annoyed at the man's drunken shenanigans. The pigs refuse to cooperate and the stove is equally frustrating in your untrained hands.

By the end, you have a sour, burned cabbage soup and you dread what awaits you this evening.

Ko'ulu:
At your words the young man looks up in alarm. It takes him a moment to process what you said and then he smiles sheepishly as he shrugs his shoulders. The's a'ight, ah guess. Somes as like 'em though.

He continues scrubbing before he looks at you again. Sorry sir. I didn't mean to jump 'afore, iz just I never met someone like you. That is, someone from your lands. I was a bit startled. Must be an interesting place, I'd imagine. He turns back to work but you find him starting to chat randomly throughout the shift about various topics, most of which come back to different images he likes to carve into the bone and wood he uses.

You discovered Jak's initial attitude of Indifferent and have successfully converted him to Friendly!

Next update coming shortly.


The day is long but mostly productive. As the crew gathers on deck for the meal and punishments, you all feel a slightly better vibe than you have recently. Even the punishments seem light today, only a few earning lashes. Before the food is brought out Kroop and Tully are berated by Plugg for the food and are each hit with a deck rope, little more than a slap on the wrist in the pirating world. Tully you will suffer three rope bashes, which are 1 point of nonlethal each. So 3 nonlethal, update on the campaign tab.

A lot of them groan after this, knowing it probably means the food is going to be bad and sure enough it proves to be. Many of them look eagerly to Grok as she hands out the rum ration for the evening, looking to rinse the taste from their mouths.

Rum rolls for those that drink:
Callum: +1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 3 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Xanxan: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ko'ulu: +1d4 ⇒ 1 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 7 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Calvin: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 7 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage
Jirobo: +1d4 ⇒ 2 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 5 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Tully: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 4 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 ⇒ 8

Before the crew moves off, Plugg comes walking up from the hold with a few of the crew, leading the big man in chains up on to the main deck. Plugg grins and some of the crew cheer as they see him. I think it's time we had some sport and the big ogre here is happy to oblige us.

The man smiles dimly at this and raises his meaty fists with a yell. The crew laugh and smile at this but you quickly get the impression that although the big simpleton thinks he's part of the action, most of the crew are laughing AT him, not so much with him. In fact, looking closely you can see some black goo coating his shoulders and feathers stuck to him, he must have been tarred and feathered not long before you arrived on the ship, probably as a joke amongst the crew.

Plugg walks forward and looks right at the group of you. He throws a heavy bag to the deck with a noticable clink. You fresh meats think you're tough from what I've seen. Any of you care to prove it? I've got a hundred gold says you can't last against the Owlbear here. The crew cheers at this and look to you as well, many of them eager to see some unexpected entertainment tonight.

Plugg looks at the sorry state some of you are in. And just to be fair. Quinn! Get over here and get our new "champion" on his feet. You got some skill with the heal craft from what I hear.

Does anyone accept Plugg's challenge? That last bit is my way of saying that whoever does accept will get 1 CLW cast on them before hand by Quinn. This will not counteract Fatigue or Con damage but it's a help. This is a one on one fight, so it's basically first come(post) first served. This will take place nefore the Nightly actions, so hold off on those till after this gets resolved.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Sandara wrote:
Seems you spoke too soon. I guess you just needed some motivation.

Callum walks back to the ropes in a bit of a daze. Am I a gallows jumper what died an' came back? I go te show ye we were windbound an' can't be makin' friends on this tub an' suddenly... He shakes his head and then smiles, Aye, mayhap I needed yer windspinnin ways te get the wind in me sails. Thank ye again fer yer humble asssistance. He then continues to man the mainsail for the rest of his shift. Even with Sandara's pleasant company and assistance, however, Callum felt fatigued after the shift and trudged tiredly to watch the punishments and have some food.

Callum's eyes go wide at the sight of the large man in manacles, an' I thought Maheem was big! This one'll tip the boat if he walks te either side!

Mr. Plugg wrote:
I think it's time we had some sport and the big ogre here is happy to oblige us. You fresh meats think you're tough from what I've seen. Any of you care to prove it? I've got a hundred gold says you can't last against the Owlbear here.

Callum has an incredulous look on his face, 'e wants us te fight that giant? Mayhap we drawn too much attention an' he wants us dead.

Sorry, Mr. Plugg, I would but I'm thinkin I need more o' that beauty sleep ye asked about this morn' afore I dance with that one, he says, takin a step back. He then looks over his companions, trying to assess who wasn't fatigued as well as who might stand a chance against the Owlbear, be it through speed or through strength. He leans in to whisper, Any thoughts, lads? He be a biggun'.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

DM:
I wasn't going to mention it unless it became relevant: I was at 0 hp after punishment + healing, then 8 hours rest (+1 hp), which also healed 1 Con damage (+1 hp), and beat addiction removing the -2 Con penalty (+1 hp), then healed again this morning by Jirobo (+3 hp). So, I think I should be at 6/9 (3 non-lethal). If I'm mistaken somewhere, just ignore.

So that is Plugg's "Champion", eh? A bruiser to be sure. But, a man nonetheless. And I don't believe this one has been treated as a man. Inheritor, this may be the most unwise thing I've ever done, Tully thought as he stood up.


Tully, your math looks right I think but with you receiving Sandara's CLW for the fight, it doesn't matter anymore. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. So you'll be at full to start regardless.

As Tully steps up the crew cheers and Plugg grins, some actual enjoyment on his face. Glad to see you've got some spine Mr. Tully. Step on in the ring here. Sandara lays her hands on you and you feel your muscless loosen and your wounds close up.

Owlbear moves into the ring of people as you do and Plugg raises his arm. We got us a bare-knuckle fight here. No magic tricks. Other than that, get to it!

With that, Owlbear comes out swinging, although his fist flies wide.

Init(no surprise round):
Owlbear: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Tully: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Tully, Peception or Sense Motive DC 10:
You notice as he moves towards you that Owlbear seems to be blind in his left eye and more than a bit slow. Using this to your advantage, you can include either a Bluff or Acrobatics check, DC 10, to avoid his blows for that round.

Tully, please post your Round 1 action. Everyone else, enjoy the show and feel free to post reactions to what you see, although I will not be waiting on this. I don't want to keep you out of the action too long, so as soon as Tully posts, I'll update and so on.

Owlbear's Round 1:
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 nonlethal


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully tried to stand impassive as Sandara came and lay a magic infused hand upon his chest. He felt a surge of warmth that he wasn't entirely sure was magical. You have my gratitude, dear lady.

Tully gave a tenuous salute, but ducked out of it as the Owlbear took a wild swing.

Perception Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Tully danced around the behemoth, trying to avoid the clumsy, but no doubt powerful blows.

Fight Defensively: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

AC 19 next round

251 to 300 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.