Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


151 to 200 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum smacks his lips in pleasure when Grog comes around with the rum and gives her a wink. As soon as the opportunity arose he found a nice spot and dumped the swill.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He then quietly guided his companions down into the quartermaster's.

Grok wrote:
"If anyone asks you bartered this stuff from me, fair and square. All the same, I wouldn't suddenly show up on deck tomorrow armed to the teeth with all your stuff. Store it in your trunks and 'reaqiure' pieces of it gradually, a couple a day. Any more and people will get suspicious. If you have need of anything else in my stores in the future, let me know and I'll see if we can work something out."

"Aye, that be the wisest course, an'..." Callum began until he saw his... "Oh! Me hat!" he then snatches it up gives it a quick wipe, and checks the lines and places it on his head. "Ahh, lass," he said looking at Grok, "I be severely in yer debt now, me an' this hat done been through a lot together."

Returning to his hammock, he reverently placed the hat in the chest atop his other gear. "Ye'll have te wait a bit longer as ye've no place in the rigging," he said before closing and locking his chest and returning to the galley.

Once finished his meal, Callum got up and noticed the surly dwarf that had spat on Young Tully. "Hey you filthy scallywag! When ye be on the rig, ye keep yer s**te te yerself. An' if ye got somethin whats against any that don't cause ye no grief, ye can speak it te me."

Influence - Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 (ahh well, worth a shot, can't win 'em all)


Xanxan:
Having secured your things, you head back to the deck to find Rosie sitting on the edge of the ship, her legs dangling over the side. Sitting next to her is the other gnome that was recently brought on board. Dressed rather foppishly, he's carrying on when you walk up although judging by her posture, Rosie's more than a bit bored.

Turning to see you, she notices the fiddle in your hand and jumps up with a huge grin. You cheeky lil' s+#~! Ain't you just trying to butter me ass quick enough. Without even waiting she snatches the instrument out of your hands.

She puts it to her shoulder and begins playing a merry tune, sailors starting to clap along with it. As she plays she spins off around the ship, smiling at you as she leaves. The gnome pats you on the shoulder as he too walks off. Well played sir. It seems I might have some competition on this leaky tub.

Your roll wasn't all that great BUT because you brought Rosie her fiddle back you have made Helpful, permanently. The gnome stuff was flavor, you don't learn any more about him from this action.

Tully:
As you casually poor your mug over the edge, a hand snaps you around until you're face to face with Master Scourge. His voice is low and pleased. That's three lashes boy. I hope you give me reason for more by tomorrow. With that he walks away.

As you attempt to salvage the night you approach the woman heading towards the the lab Calvin mentioned earlier. At your introduction, she gives you a cool look. Don't waste your words on me fool. With that, she heads into the lab and shuts the door in your face.

You learn the woman's name is Peppery Longfarthing. You also learn mechanically that the officers of the Wormwood are "immune" to Influence, positive or negative. The PC's are too far below their interest to take more than a passing interest in.

Calvin:
Slapping your coin on the barrel, you sit down to challenge the wiry man. He looks you over before giving a half-hearted shrug. I've met plenty of folks touched by the sun. Your rants don't scare me bilge boy! A couple of his friends laugh at that one.

Ignoring them, you wait while the caltrops are put down. After that it's a quick and bloody affair.

Str check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The man cries out in pain as his hand slams into the barrel top, the caltrops digging in deep. He pulls his hand back, hate in his eyes as he looks at you. Go ahead, take your damn money ya freak!

Callum:
The dwarf doesn't even speak, he just sends a fist flying towards you, catching you in the gut. Some of the sailors around you form a ring, cheering for the unexpected entertainment.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 11, Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal.

You won't get an AoO only because it's a Surprise Round. Going forward though, you will as he is fighting unarmed untrained.

Init:
Callum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Pirate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

He swings again, but this time you are better prepared. Still though his fist connects with your jaw.

Pirate's Round 1 (You may make an AoO with your Round 1 post.):
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12, Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Quote:

Having secured your things, you head back to the deck to find Rosie sitting on the edge of the ship, her legs dangling over the side. Sitting next to her is the other gnome that was recently brought on board. Dressed rather foppishly, he's carrying on when you walk up although judging by her posture, Rosie's more than a bit bored.

Turning to see you, she notices the fiddle in your hand and jumps up with a huge grin. You cheeky lil' s+*#! Ain't you just trying to butter me ass quick enough. Without even waiting she snatches the instrument out of your hands.

Xanxan grins widely. "Happy to help you." Ah, there's one done at least. And who doesn't like good music?

Quote:


She puts it to her shoulder and begins playing a merry tune, sailors starting to clap along with it. As she plays she spins off around the ship, smiling at you as she leaves. The gnome pats you on the shoulder as he too walks off. Well played sir. It seems I might have some competition on this leaky tub.

Xanxan was clapping his hands along too, but as his fellow gnome speaks, he laughs, "I've honestly had my eye on another, but no hard feelings whatever maybe I hope."


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin is a little shocked by how handily he beats the man. He holds his hand down, pressing the caltrops further into the man's hand - his intense eyes never breaking contact with the other's. When the man pushes back, Calvin begins to laugh - it sounds high-pitched, manic and crazed.

However, when the man the calls him a freak, the laughter ends and Calvin moves within inches of the man's face before saying in an abnormally lucid voice, "You are the freak. The outcast. The outsider. You are not in tune with the forces that are larger than you or the whip man. The shark and the tiger await."

Tobias jumps on Calvin's shoulder and snaps his beak in the man's face when Calvin finishes his speech. The man's head snaps back in surprise and Calvin resumes his manic laughter. His laugh dies when he reaches the group that is gathered around the man in the hat and a dwarf.

Grateful to the hat man for his assistance, Calvin focuses his attention on the dwarf. He imagines that the dwarf is covered in flammable grease and Callum is wielding two flaming torches. One touch from torch would cause him to be consumed by flame. He chuckles to himself and projects that image on the dwarf.

Evil Eye Hex on Dwarf. -2 AC

If it's inappropriate for me to interfere, you can disregard my post.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1
Plugg wrote:
You think that s#%* is free?! That'll be the post for you tomorrow!

Wait, what? I am forced to drink or I face the lash? That makes no sense, why would they want me to drink?

Casually, Ko'ulu stands up, untouched mug of liquor in his hand and walks over to stand in front of Plugg, blocking his progress. Locking eyes with Plugg, and grinning a wide white grin, he holds the cup out at arm level, and pours it out over the deck in a single long stream.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12
Xanxan wrote:
He rejoins the others, "Thanks to you again, Jirobo. You're a good friend."

"No trouble, Xanxan. We must look out for one another because leaders will not."

Jirobo drags himself to the evening meal, completely drained by the extra effort he put into the bilges today. He nimbles the food as he watches the others go about chatting with their fellow pirates or testing their meddle in games of chance. His rum is descretely dumbed again. When Callum berates the surly dwarf who shared Xanxan and Jirobo's punishment the day before, the tengu hops down off his seat and tries to put himself between the two of them, "Stop, stop, friends. Fight now only make tomorrow harder. Drain energy and health so can't do work that Mr. Plugg give then more lashes, swish-slash. Not fun for anyone." His words are nearly drowned out by the calls of the other pirates, cheering the other two on in their brawl.

Stealth Check for Rum: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Diplomacy Check for fight: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

When Xanxan sees Ko'Ulu pour out the drink on Mr. Plugg's head, his green eyes widen. A rush of emotions cross his odd little heart. He wants to cheer, or maybe laugh, or perhaps cry out a warning in distress because he knows the doom the man may have brought upon himself. Instead he covers his mouth to conceal the wide grin now adorning it.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Spoilered in its entirety, in case it needs to be discarded as entirely unfeasible.

Rash Action Intended to Save Ko'ulu's Life!:
The emigre who had trained Tully in comportment and dancing, and fencing when his father wasn't around, had once told Tully that the greatest warriors could forge themselves into pure conduits of sensation. That they could slow down time, and absorb the entire battlefield in an instant.

Tully's father had once told him, "Don't decide. Act. If you try to decide, you'll rationalize, you'll prevaricate, you'll hesitate. Commit yourself. Decide later."

A hand like an iron vice, grabbed Tully by the shoulder and spun him around.

Scourge wrote:
That's three lashes boy. I hope you give me reason for more by tomorrow.

Tully barely heard Scourge. For the briefest moment, he knew what it was to be one of those perfect warriors. The entire deck of the ship unrolled like a tapestry, and in that instant, Tully saw everything.

Tobias and Calvin were squawking and trilling maniacally as Calvin slammed an unfortunate sailor's hand into a pile of twisted, jagged metal. Two gnomes were dancing and clapping as a halfling wench scratched away at a fiddle. The surly dwarf, called Narwhal, spun on the spot and threw a punch into the gut of Callum, while the Strix bounced from foot to foot, trying to get between them.

But, beyond the fight, and the bird-man, beyond all of it, Ko'ulu stood before Mr. Plugg, barring his path, and lifted his cup high in the air, until his arm stood straight out. Perhaps Tully had a moment of foresight. Perhaps understanding came as fast as sensation. All Tully knew for sure, was that he never actually decided to move.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Charge + Bullrush 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Ideally, I would charge the dwarf. But, anyone PC or NPC that I could push into either Ko'ulu or Mr. Plugg works. If at all possible, the intent is to turn the fight between Callum and Narwhal into a massive roiling scrum on the deck, spilling over into Ko'ulu and Plugg.

I forgot this earlier, so added here. Fort Save for Addiction 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum doesn't have improved unarmed combat and is unarmed at the moment thus wouldn't have an AoO.
Callum staggers at the two blows from the dwarf. Damn it man, ye shoulda been prepared fer that. May as well have been tastin the rotgut. Oh.. I can't take much more o' this. Let's hope 'e's well into 'is cups. He then starts to duck and weave, looking for an opening and lashing a fist out at the dwarf.

Fighting Defensively (+2 AC, -4 Att)
Attack:1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12, Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Callum you are correct, I was thinking you had the feat but it was Ko'ulu.

Hmm. Didn't really expect to need full init tracking for everyone but here we go.
Init:
Tully: 17
Callum: 3
Tate(dwarf): 15
Calvin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Jirobo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Xanxan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Ko'ulu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
All the other pirates: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

So here's the order of events.
Surprise Round: Dwarf strikes Callum.

Round 1:

  • Dwarf and Callum exchange blows.
  • Calvin notices fight and moves over towards it. (You haven't got your hex off yet, if that's still your intended action, it will occur during Round 2.)
  • Jirobo also notice fight starting and moves towards it. (Like with Calvin, your action hasn't gone off yet, so your Diplomacy check would happen in Round 2 if you still want.)
  • Xanxan sees the fight start and just enjoys the spectacle. (No actions taken.)
  • Ko'ulu pours his rum out on the deck in front of Plugg
  • Tully attempts to bullrush a pirate watching fight into another pirate but doesn't succeed

So how I describe what happens next will depend largely on the PC's actions. While Tully has shoved a pirate, it hasn't degenerated into a full scale brawl yet. Might end up there, but it hasn't started there.

Everyone post your Round 2 actions.


The init order is: Pirates, Jirobo, Tully, Ko'ulu, Dwarf, Calvin, Xanxan, Callum, Plugg.

The pirates Turn 2 action.

Most of the pirates jostle a bit at the interuption but continue to watch the fight. The one Tully bumped turns around and pushes him back. Piss off, ya' drunk sod!

Pirate bull rush on Tully: 1d20 ⇒ 5

The man tries to push Tully but he's drunk enough that it's equally ineffective, almost a stumble, simply bumping into tully sloppily.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin is more interested in the fight that is currently occurring rather than the one that is fomenting. His attention is still on the dwarf as he is eager to help the Hat man win.

I'm not sure that's what I'd do as myself, as there are much greater threats than the dwarf. But I'm not sure Calvin would be overly aware of the fight brewing around him.


Calvin, so is your Round 2 action still to Hex the dwarf?


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo hops back and forth between one foot and the other, clearly agitated, "No, no. Everyone will get in trouble. Many whip slashes for all. Please stop friends!

Action: Attempting to calm things down.
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

When Tully joins in so to speak, Xanxan isn't sure what the hell the lad is up to. Add to that the fight going between dwarf and Callum which Jiboro is trying to stop. Calvin is doing the gods knows what, and no doubt Ko'Ulu is going to get the lash for pouring out that drink.

I've no idea what to do. Callum looks rocky though, and I like the fellow. Not sure Jirobo will be able to talk them down, and as for Tully? He's up to somewhat unless he's VERY drunk but I've no idea. He sighs.

While folks are distracted by the fight, he gets moving, sneaking along behind the dwarf.

Sort of positioning for a surprise attack NEXT round in case Jirobo can't calm him down this one. Stealth roll, still fatigued so that taken into account.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Everyone:
Ok, so my intention was only to sort of shift the fight into Plugg and Ko'ulu, to make his pouring out of the rum seem incidental, rather than intentional. That hasn't occurred (failed spectacularly). So, there's no need for this to escalate.

Tully believed for one second he could shift the whole of the crowd to encompass his friend and Mr. Plugg. Unfortunately, the reality was, that a crowd of drunken sailors is rather hard to move. The annoyed sailor gave Tully a half-hearted shove, but never really turned away from the melee already in progress.

I beg your pardon, sir. Years of diplomatic aplomb brought the apology automatically to his lips. Callum was in trouble. Ko'ulu was in serious trouble. And apparently, the best Tully could come up with was shoving around a poor, drunken lout.

Delay Action


Xanxan, you will be able to get around towards the back of the dwarf but you have a ring of pirates in the way. You'll have to move through them to get into flanking with the dwarf. Not really a probelm but just an fyi.


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Yes, I want to hex the dwarf still. Sorry that wasn't clear.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
DM Jonasty wrote:
Xanxan, you will be able to get around towards the back of the dwarf but you have a ring of pirates in the way. You'll have to move through them to get into flanking with the dwarf. Not really a probelm but just an fyi.

NP. I figured it would take the full round just to position anywho. Mostly he wants to avoid being obvious about it.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

I was expecting Plugg to do something first.

If Plugg does nothing:
Ko'ulu loses interest quickly as Plugg stands like a poleaxed steer. At the sounds of the scuffle, he whirls around, looking for the brawl, and leaving Plugg, shoves his way forward into the skirmish. Overrun of pirates not smart enough to move. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 vs. pirate CMD


Callum's first punch connects but the sturdy dwarf manages to keep his legs under him. Tate then sends another punch flying towards Callum. Connecting with his jaw, it's almost enough to send the man to his knees.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18, Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nonlethal

Callum's action and then I'll update from there as I have everyone else's.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Staggering back from the hit to the jaw, Callum shakes it off as he is pushed back into the fight by the surrounding pirates egging the fight on. Again, ducking and weaving, Hope I don' slip into his fist again. The scalywag has a mean hit, Callum takes a wild swing at the dwarf.

Attack Defensively: 1d20 - 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) - 4 + 3 = 2, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Callum's vision blurs from the latest hit and his next swing goes wild. The two men circle each other, looking for an opening.

Plugg turns to the fight, his voice booming over the deck. Belay that fighting you scurvy dogs!!! The next man to throw a punch will receive a day in the box!

Plugg rolls:
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

The pirates around the fight step back a bit, clearing more room for Plugg. Callum and Tate stand near each other, breathing hard and looking at the first mate. Plugg looks around at all of you (the PC's). You mind telling me what the hell it is you think you're doing?

Alright, Initiative is on pause right now. If we need to get back into it, we'll keep the same order but for now, we're off Init. The pirates and the dwarf all appear to be stopping/cooling down after Plugg's order.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum stands up straighter, turning to Plugg but keeping an eye on the dwarf. Fight, Mr. Plugg? Ye be mistaken what us fightin'. Tate an me be showin' the lads here 'bout a tavern brawl seen landside. I be the one who were duckin' and weavin," Callum said demonstrating, "an' he be the one what clocked the guy somethin fierce what with him, duckin' right into the hammer each time, clocked 'im right out. A classical bit o' hilarity, aye?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Plugg looks to Callum. Oh Mr. Carnvegas I know exactly what you and Mr. Tate were "demonstrating". And you've both earned three lashes for it, which we'll settle up tomorrow. Now mind your tone or it'll earn you a few more.

He turns to look at the rest of the PC's. What I want to know is, what you lot think you're doing?


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

"I was growing wealthy by making a man's hand bleed," Calvin says simply. Tobias squawks in concurrence.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo seems to shrink under Plugg's hard gaze as he chirps, "Just trying to keep the peace of the ship, Mr. Plugg. Only that." He starts to edge away from the site of the brawl and over by Xanxan.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Just skylarking, as it were, sir. As it happens, this fine fellow bore the brunt of my carelessness. Tully indicated the drunken sailor he had shoved.

If necessary: Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Having not thrown a punch , Xanxan says "I were watching, sir."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu grins his giant white toothy smile, "There looked like there was going to be a fight. I was going to watch."


Plugg sneers at your various justifications, knowing that more than a few of you are lying through your teeth. Seems you lot have grown to like the bilges with the rate you all are shoveling s*&!. It looks to me like you were fixing to gang up on Mr. Tate there. He raises his voice to make sure the entire crew on deck can hear him. Two men decide to settle a "debate", thick-headed an act though that might be, and rather than let them work it out as men you decide to cheat Mr. Tate of his fair and honest chance at defending himself! The expression 'honor amongst thieves' comes to mind, yet apparently you lack even that small amount of honor! I know I'd find it hard to trust my shipmate after something like that! At this a number of the pirates watching the interchange start to mumble amongst themselves, giving you all unpleasant appraising looks.

He moves forward, his voice carrying. Or perhaps Mr. Carnvegas, your friends simply think you too weak to defend yourself. Maybe they were simply rushing to your aid, as a knight to a damsel in distress! Is that it Mr. Carnvegas, are you too weak to be aboard this ship? Please let us know if this voyage is too much for you and we'll gladly see to your needs! More than a few men laugh and look at Callum with a predatory glint in their eyes.

Plugg moves away from the crowd, his business clearly done and brooking no debate. That's enough idiocy for one evening. All crew are confined to quarters tonight! All of the pirates on deck groan loudly at this. Mr. Scourge, see that the door is locked, a guard posted and rounds are made. I'm done dealing with these worms for the day. Plugg then walks into the officers' quarters, although he turns to look at Ko'ulu. And don't think I forgot about your insolence, savage. You'll be paying for that tomorrow as well. He moved in and shut the door behind himself.

As the crew is herded below decks, a good number of them mutter and grumble under their breath and shoot Tam (the dwarf) and Callum dark looks.

So due to the scuffle, no further ship action's are able to be taken for this evening. If you hadn't already posted one, then unfortunately the opportunity is lost this evening. You will be too heavily monitored to do anything other than sleep.

Lol, I will say this. Way to make me work for it guys. ;-) While I don't ever expect an AP to run exactly as written, you have managed to more than keep me on my toes.

You will still be able to talk amongst yourselves and please post reactions to being confined if you want. Some brief interactions with the NPC's is fine but understand that most aren't too happy with you all right now, whether rightfully or not.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Xanxan sighs low and whispers to Callum "We best ALL watch our backs, but none more so than you and Tam there. Plugg is a sadist, but he's not stupid and he played the crew like puppets on this one and used us as the stage for it." The gnome almost has to admire the way things were twisted. He's seen swindlers that didn't do it as smooth.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Interesting. A tactical reversal worthy of a Hellknight Paralictor. Damnit! I told myself to tread carefully! Charging headfirst into a dangerous situation... Now, matters are worse.

Tully found himself walking down the gangway beside Callum's friend, the gnome. Even in defeat, opportunities exist.

Good evening, sir. You and I seem to be as ships passing in the night. I've noticed that you've made a number of friends among the crew. I would be delighted to be counted among them. My friends call me Young Tully. If I may ask, how do your friends address you, Sir Gnome?


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Quote:
Good evening, sir. You and I seem to be as ships passing in the night. I've noticed that you've made a number of friends among the crew. I would be delighted to be counted among them. My friends call me Young Tully. If I may ask, how do your friends address you, Sir Gnome?

The gnome smiles "Some folk what refer to me as a shepherd of the stars, some call me an outlaw of romance, some what call me Maurice for I doth give voice to the ostentatious displays of the heart..." Then his grin widens as he takes the hand, "I be pulling your chain a bit lad. Just call me Xanxan as others do." He lowers his voice, and grows somber, "Be on your guard, young Tully. Plugg has used this moment to tar us blacker than pitch in the eyes of some and we maybe more alone that afore. It'll get worse before it gets better again, mark me."


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Xanxan wrote:
Some folk what refer to me as a shepherd of the stars, some call me an outlaw of romance, some what call me Maurice for I doth give voice to the ostentatious displays of the heart...

Ha! I think, perhaps, you are merely a Joker!

Xanxan wrote:
Be on your guard, young Tully. Plugg has used this moment to tar us blacker than pitch in the eyes of some and we maybe more alone that afore. It'll get worse before it gets better again, mark me.

Xanxan has drawn the same conclusion. Excellent. Fishguts' warning was clear, though. Better if it is not spoken aloud.

More alone? I think not, friend Xanxan. For now, your friends and my friends become our friends. Let us remain positive. We should not speak our fears. Though, be assured, we have an understanding.

The gnome has sense. I pray he understands.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

"Aye, I ken your meaning I think ," Too many ears around we can't trust. Assuming I can trust young tully, but Ko'Ulu was right. This lad squeaks of land lubber and that is a sign to be trusted right now. "if you be hurting, I might suggest seeing Miss Quinn. I think she can be of help for all sorts of problems."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"Well this is not a very good. I was looking forward to fishing tonight. The stew was all vegetable today...no meat at all!"

Ko'ulu walks over and claps Tully on the back, leans over and whispers to Xanxan. "I think that Tully is not a very good cook XanXan. There was no meat in the stew. I think that he must have missed when he was doing his chopping."

"I wish there had been a fight. I might have gotten a chance at Plugg."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Ko'ulu wrote:

"Well this is not a very good. I was looking forward to fishing tonight. The stew was all vegetable today...no meat at all!"

"I might have liked some tuna or the like.. true. But I've had worse"

Quote:

Ko'ulu walks over and claps Tully on the back, leans over and whispers to Xanxan. "I think that Tully is not a very good cook XanXan. There was no meat in the stew. I think that he must have missed when he was doing his chopping."

A grin "You should have some of my stew sometime. I've been accused of poisoning."

Quote:


"I wish there had been a fight. I might have gotten a chance at Plugg."

"A hit, maybe, aye. But the pleasure wouldn't have lasted long enough to get you any freerer. Long aim, long game." His voice a soft.


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Ko'ulu wrote:

"Well this is not a very good. I was looking forward to fishing tonight. The stew was all vegetable today...no meat at all!"

Ko'ulu walks over and claps Tully on the back, leans over and whispers to Xanxan. "I think that Tully is not a very good cook XanXan. There was no meat in the stew. I think that he must have missed when he was doing his chopping."

"I wish there had been a fight. I might have gotten a chance at Plugg."

Well... Tully stole a glance at Xanxan. No subtlety there. Ko'ulu is a straightforward, stalwart, honest fellow. A liability, perhaps. But, he is strong. That will keep him safe from everyone but himself...

Ha! I doubt Plugg would make for a palatable stew, my friend!


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Quote:
He moves forward, his voice carrying. "Or perhaps Mr. Carnvegas, your friends simply think you too weak to defend yourself. Maybe they were simply rushing to your aid, as a knight to a damsel in distress! Is that it Mr. Carnvegas, are you too weak to be aboard this ship? Please let us know if this voyage is too much for you and we'll gladly see to your needs!" More than a few men laugh and look at Callum with a predatory glint in their eyes.

Callum looked around noting which of the crew laughed and glares down those thinking they could get the upper hand. Oh, aye, I've a special place in Hell set aside for ye lot. Before he could say anything, however...

Quote:
Plugg moves away from the crowd, his business clearly done and brooking no debate. "That's enough idiocy for one evening. All crew are confined to quarters tonight! All of the pirates on deck groan loudly at this. Mr. Scourge, see that the door is locked, a guard posted and rounds are made. I'm done dealing with these worms for the day." As the crew is herded below decks, a good number of them mutter and grumble under their breath and shoot Tam (the dwarf) and Callum dark looks.

Noticing that Tam still got a portion of the ire of the crew, Callum relaxed a bit. Good. It looks like Plugg's words didn't stick much... This time, he thought, and noted those in this latter group that hadn't laughed.

Xanxan wrote:
"We best ALL watch our backs, but none more so than you and Tam there. Plugg is a sadist, but he's not stupid and he played the crew like puppets on this one and used us as the stage for it."

"Oh aye, ye've got that straight," he whispered back. "I con te the fact thems all didn't latch te it all. Tate got as much hate as did I, and it were him whats was the 'victim' in the play."

Once locked in the cabin with the others he turns to them and whispers, "Lemme take a sec te help 'em think their win was bigger than real, then we can chat, aye?", winks then yells, glancing back at the doorway "By Besmara, ye lot! What ye be in yer skulls, thinkin' te interfere in me debate with the dwarf! I don' need yer help! Ye lot are like an anchor in me wants te be a part o' this sweet trade! Now keep quiet an' leave me be as I be hittin' the hammock."

Perception to hear our escort leave/talk?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Human Witch 2 || HP 14/14 || AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10 || Fort +1, Ref +2, W +3 || Init +2, Per +6

Calvin approaches Ko'ulu, Tully and Xanxan when they are talking. He listens intently and then says quietly, "The wave takes time to build. The storm is on the horizon before it is overhead. The shark bides its time to strike. "

He looks at them knowingly and then turns to Ko'ulu, squints his eyes and says, "The tiger shark bides its time. Haha!" He then heads with Tobias to his hammock, both laughing and squawking.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

The gnome nods willing to play along.

Quote:
"By Besmara, ye lot! What ye be in yer skulls, thinkin' te interfere in me debate with the dwarf! I don' need yer help! Ye lot are like an anchor in me wants te be a part o' this sweet trade! Now keep quiet an' leave me be as I be hittin' the hammock."

"If that's how you see it, ye pock spotted bilge drinker, so be it! You make too much of yourself, and I'll be happy to have no more of you!"

Bluff to sell it to anyone listening outside the door": 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Calvin wrote:
The wave takes time to build. The storm is on the horizon before it is overhead. The shark bides its time to strike. The tiger shark bides its time. Haha!

Tully gave Calvin a knowing smile. He continued to find amusement from the quirky man with his even quirkier bird. I'm almost ready to believe he can talk to that bird...


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu scratches at his braids for a moment, then leans over to Tully. "Do you know what he is talking about? Is there a storm brewing...with sharks?"


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Ko'ulu wrote:
Ko'ulu scratches at his braids for a moment, then leans over to Tully. "Do you know what he is talking about? Is there a storm brewing...with sharks?"

Never fear, Mister Ko'ulu. The storm is, as yet, still far distant. The sharks are still in the water. And as for the tiger, Tully clapped Ko'ulu good-naturedly on the shoulder, he is docile and well fed... Even if there was no meat in the stew!


Random roll to determine info gathered about crew (and officers potentially) in passing, as you have a night in the quarters with nothing else to do.
6d20 ⇒ (8, 6, 11, 13, 3, 18) = 59


Jirobo: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Xanxan: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ko'ulu: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Calvin: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Callum: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Tully: no roll needed


Tully Rum addiction save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15


The night is long and dull, the crew all grumbling about the confinement. Callum attempts to reassert himself with the rest of you to try to mitigate some of Plugg's words and he appears to be met with some success with some of the crew. Most still look angrily at him and Tate though, both men responsible for their current misfortune. Some are drunk enough on rum that they don't seem to care either way.

Some of the pirates still manage to dice together while others talk quietly and the overall atmosphere is one of bored acceptance. Quickly though people retire to their hammocks and drift off to sleep. You were able to gather a little bit of info on some of the other members of the ship in their various conversations but it was, for the most part, an uneventful evening.

The sun rises the following morning and the bell rings out as you all climb wearily up to the main deck. The sky is a clear expanse of blue that matches the water passing beneath you, the sun already scalding the deck beneath your feet.

Plugg begins assigning tasks to the crew and is coming up to you all when one of the crew comes hustling over to him, his face ashen and his arm bleeding. Clutching his arm, he moves up to Plugg to make a report before moving off to seek aid for his arm. Plugg turns to the group of you with a grimace on his face.

It appears we have a bit of an infestation problem in the bilges this morning. He looks to you. You lot get down there and clear out whatever it was that bit Mr. Scrimshaw. Don't bother coming back up till it's been dealt with. It appears Mr. Tully that you will have some company in the bilges today, more the luck for you. With that he turns and continues to assign tasks to the remaining crew.

Heading back down the stairs, you can already feel the heat saturating the lower decks from above and know that the bilges aren't going to be pleasant.

I've updated the Campaign Tab with all the current info for the PC's including rum damage, etc.

Your regular jobs today are on hold while you deal with the bilge problem. Once that's been settled, then we'll go into the "regular" Day 4 stuff. I will post the next update in the bilges once everyone has chimed in with any actions they might take or at least has checked in saying they're ready.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu puts on his dagger and wrist sheath.

"Infestation can mean a lot at sea Tully man. Worms, rats, rat-worms...it is good to be ready for anything."

151 to 200 of 1,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.