Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo puts the finishing touchs on his letter to his parents as the hub-bub echoes distantly to his ears. The tengu places the quill, one of his own feathers, back into the inkwell as he shuffles over to a window to look about outside to see if someone is injuried or just suffering a horrible bout of explosive bowels that is illiciting those sounds of distress.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan is surprised now that he sees the thing, and a bit excited, I've never fought one of these before! I'm not sure I've ever HEARD of these before!

He tries to flank so he can find some weak point in those shimmering scales.
Swimming: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Modifiers for Callum's bonus included
To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
dmg if that hits 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack for flanking if it applies: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu barely even registers the shape of the creature as he surges into the water. To him, its just another creature of the deeps, come to attack his companions and the town. He pulls his dagger from its sheath and dives after the creature, swimming towards it swiftly.

Ko'ulu swims out into deeper water to get around Xanxan and trap the critter against the shore.

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Stab stab with the dagger 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Dagger dmg 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Sea Singer 1

A wave of dizziness washed through Tully as the creature bit him hard on the shoulder. He struck back with his axe, cursing himself for not bringing his rapier.

Attack with flanking and freebooters' bane: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Seeing the new foes close in, the naga lashes out at them as well.

Bite vs Callum: 1d20 ⇒ 15, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, Callum Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Tail slap vs Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 4, Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Tully second Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Summation:
Callum: Hit for 9, and 2 Con damage.
Ko'ulu: Missed.
Tully: Another 1 Con damage.

Round update coming next.


Everyone has dived into the churning waters now but despite your overwhelming numbers, only Tully is able to connect with the naga. But he's unable to get as much power behind his swing with the axe even with the hit. As he does, he can feel the pulse of the poison in his veins continue unabated.

The naga strikes out and manages to clamp down on Callum's leg and he feels the heat of the poison begin working its way into his blood as well.

Round 4 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/22(17/28 normally), AC 18 (3 Con damage)
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 24/33(28/37 normally), AC 17 (2 Con Damage)
Creature: HP 56/60, AC 20

Map link updated.

Post your Round 4 actions.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum cries out as he wrenches his leg out from the creature's mouth, leaving a trail of blood. Shaking his head, and gulping a breath to push through the poison, he growls and thrusts at the creature with both his weapons.

Attack w/ Boarding Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9
Attack w/ Dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 25, Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5, Sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan attempts again to lunge his tiny rapier into the monster's back.
Swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
to hit, Freebooter bonus counted in: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
dmg, bonus inc.: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Plus Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully will begin Inspire Courage +1. On the next miss by a companion, he will cast Gallant Inspiration (immediate action, add 2d4 retroactively to the miss).

Sorry, at work or I would post more.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu starts grinning when he sees Callum move in the water and box the creature in.

Filthy fish is going to be floating belly up soon enough! he thinks as he surfaces for a breath, dodges the tail of the beast and dives back at the creature, stabbing at its coils.

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Stab stab with the dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 19
Dagger 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Tully swim check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
You're able to tread water well enough to orate to your companions and provide inspire courage. Each turn though you'll need to make a DC 15 swim check to do this, otherwise you begin to sink and lose it.


Naga Concentration: 1d20 ⇒ 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As you're circling trying to find an opening, suddenly 6 more of the serpent-like creatures appear before you.

Callum Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, possible Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Tully Fort save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8, possible Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Callum and Xanxan are able to work in concert and land horrific blows against the creature, its blood fanning out around you all in the water. Tully keeps his head above water and begins a stirring rendition of a naval sea-shanty often heard in times of war. It's a bracing song that fills you with energy, although both Tully and Callum still can't seem to shake the debilitating effects of the creature's venom.

Enraged and a little scared by the wounding, the naga is suddenly surrounded by 6 more images of itself, all of them blending together and apart until you have no idea as to which one is the real creature.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The naga cast mirror image.

Round 5 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/22(17/28 normally), AC 18 (4 Con damage)
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/29(28/37 normally), AC 17 (4 Con Damage)
Creature: HP 35/60, AC 20

Post your Round 5 actions.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan grinned wickedly even as he swam and fought when the blood from the foe fanned out, then suddenly there were six more of them?? We gnomes clearly should have kept illusion magics to ourselves! Guess we scared scaly pants here. Good.

Swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

He stabs for the back again, though he has to admit, he's not sure he's got the right back at all.

To hit, bard/Booter bonuses counted in: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
dmg if that hit, bonuses counted in: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Plus sneak attack if this is the right one: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Check to see if he got the right of the seven? 1d7 ⇒ 1


Male Human Sea Singer 1
DM Jonasty wrote:
You're able to tread water well enough to orate to your companions and provide inspire courage. Each turn though you'll need to make a DC 15 swim check to do this, otherwise you begin to sink and lose it.

No problem. Just a heads up, I have the Lingering Performance Feat, so if I go under, the bonuses should persist for two rounds.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Spellcraft Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Tully nearly screamed as six more of the deadly creatures appeared in the water around him. He barely avoided drowning as his voice rose to a fevered pitch. You come to join your brother in death, vile creatures! None shall escape! Tully began weaving his words into the performance, and began weaving the performance into a spell.

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25
Swim Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Intimidate to Demoralize: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7

???:
So, Tully is casting Blistering Invective. I have no idea if that will affect the mirror images in any way, though. Basically, any creature within 30 feet that is demoralized takes 1d10 damage. There is also a reflex save (DC 16) to avoid catching fire, but I'm not sure that matters in the water. This may be pointless, but it's all he's got for being suddenly surrounded by enemies.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum sinks a little as the poison courses through him before shaking it off once again and thrusting his weapons at the creature. His eyes blurring, making it seem as if there were more than the single enemy. Damn poison be hittin' me hard. We best end this quick. At Tully's cry, he realizes that he may not be the only one seeing multiple enemies.

Attack w boarding axe point: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 27, Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7, Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Image: 1d7 ⇒ 5
Attack w dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16, Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11, Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Image: 1d7 ⇒ 1

1st probably takes out an image. 2nd might too, since it probably wasn't enough to hit the thing.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Intelligence, to notice that they are illusions 1d20 ⇒ 16

The water suddenly boils with serpents and Ko'ulu grimaces.

This is bad! They must have been hiding in the mud, waiting to trap us!

Seeing litle alternative, and no escape, Ko'ulu lashes out with his dagger at the closest snake.

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Stab stab with the dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 17
Dagger 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Kill snake number 1d7 ⇒ 4


Tully Caster level check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Naga potential Prep roll: 1d20 ⇒ 10
1d6 ⇒ 4


Despite the wounds it took, the naga looks at Tully with a smile and lashes out with a mental blast that buffets the young human's mind.

Naga Concentration: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Tully Will save vs daze: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Callum Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, possible Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Tully Fort save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18, possible Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Round update coming next.


Xanxan stabs out at one of the serpents and while he feels no resistance meet his blade, the act helps break some of the illusion and the image pops in front of him. (Xanxan, you forgot to add in your flanking bonus on the attack which wouldn't help you hit but does put you in the right number range for "popping" one of the illusions..)

Callum lashes out twice and while the first attack seems like it should be a solid hit, he only manages to destroy one of the illusions, although he does catch another with his follow up swing. He can still feel the poison in his veins and doesn't know if that is what was throwing off his aim. Ko'ulu has equally poor luck but does mange to nick one of the illusions with his blade. (Popped three illusions between you both.)

Even with treading water with his feet, Tully is able to ignore the poison in his veins and still manages to pull off the complicated gestures and sounds of his spell. But as he releases it, he can feel the firey energy of it dispate quickly amidst all the water. The naga, smiling at his failure, sends a mental blast slamming into the human and Tully's eyes roll back into his head as he slips below the surface.

Meanwhile back at the Commons, Tylos and Jirobo see a man burst through the doorway and run up to them. In a breathless voice he manages to pant out. Your friends ... fighting something ... in the water... by the drydock... Not hesitating for a moment, the two comrades race out the door.

Round 6 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/22(17/28 normally), AC 18 (4 Con damage)(Dazed)
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 16/25(28/37 normally), AC 17 (6 Con Damage)
Creature: HP 35/60, AC 20

Tully: You made the save to resist the poison this round. Also to note, the caster level check was to overcome casting a Fire based spell while in the water which you did not make, thus the description above. Lastly, you are Dazed and can take no actions so you begin to sink, but this doesn't mean you can't hold your breath so you're not immediately drowning.

Between all the attacks, you've wiped out most of the illusions and now there are only 3 targets left, the naga and two illusions.

Jirobo and Tylos: You will be placed on the map at the start of Round 8, should the combat still be going on. This assumes that all you do is haul ass trying to get there. If you take the time to cast prep spells or do anything else, it will take you longer.

Post your Round 6 actions.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Thanks for catching that flanking bonus
Xanxan is pleased that at least he got one, but when he sees Kind Tully sink under the water he feels a moment of uncertainty, Do I help the lad, or keep fighting? If I desert the others, they might be oerwhelmed. Ah darn it. Hope ye snap out of whatever if is soon.
he works on keeping his flanking and stabbing hoping he can hit the real thing, or at least 'pop' another figment.

Swimming: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

to hit, Callum's bonus counted & flank counted in: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

dmg if that hits, bonus inc: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sneak Attack dmg bonus: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

to see which I hit if needed: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Xanxan, with that roll you'll still hit but just as an FYI for this round you wouldn't get the flanking bonus cause Tully is Dazed.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Lingering Performance - Inspire Courage bonuses still apply!

Yeah, I wasn't sure how the spell thing would work, or even if I'd pulled it off, whether it would do anything to the illusions, which Tully does not know are illusions.

Dazed... [/grrrrr!] I'll post in the next round. =)


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu's dagger plunges into the snake, passing straight through it and causing Ko'ulu to unbalance in the water for a moment. Suddenly there are a lot fewer snakes left to attack, but he has little time to wonder at this oddity, and stabs out at the nearest snake.

I hope that this one doesn't dissolve like a bit of sea foam!

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 22
Dagger damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Kill snake number1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Oh, lingering bonus? add one to the dmg Xanxan did above please, if that's still possible.
With that, I forgive Tully for getting all dazed and slacking ;)


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos looks over at Jirobo and dashes out the door.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo tears out of the Commons, running as fast as he can toward the direction of the drydock.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum flounders a bit as the poison coursed through his veins. Focus Cal! Ye can't retreat an' ye can't die. Fight! He grunts as he swings his weapons at the creature once again.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 14, Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7, Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26, Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11, Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Image: 1d3 ⇒ 2

yay... maybe that's the other two images down... dang poison. Roll higher for my saves DM! And lower for the CON damage, sheesh. ;)

Q: Can one full withdraw while swimming?


Callum, I'll start rolling higher for your saves when you stop rolling d6's for dagger damage. ;-) But yeah, as a heads up I just noticed that in your posts. Not gonna retcon stuff or anything but going forward.

Also, you can full withdraw while swimming but you'll need the Swim check DC 15 to do so and your movement max will still be limited by your lack of swim speed. So hitting DC 15, you can full withdraw as a fullround action but you'll only move 30ft away due to the limitations of the Swim check.


Target check: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Hissing in anger, the naga lashes out at Ko'ulu and Xanxan this time, its tail whipping the water to foam around it.

Bite vs Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 14, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11, Ko'ulu Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Tail slap vs Xanxan: 1d20 ⇒ 4, Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tully Fort save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Callum Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Summation:
Ko'ulu: Hit for 11, and 2 Con damage.
Xanxan: Missed.
Tully: Another 1 Con damage.
Callum: Another 2 Con damage.

Round update coming next.


Tully manages to snap himself out of his daze thanks to the burning poison in his veins and realizes that he's begun sinking towards the river bottom!

Meanwhile, Xanxan and Ko'ulu finally manage to land some solid blows against the creature, more of it's blood flowing free in the water. Callum doesn't connect directly, but he does manage to knock out another of the illusions.

The naga rears back and sinks its fangs into Ko'ulu's shoulder, hot venom spreading through the wound into his body. Its tail proves less effective against the nimble halfling.

Tylos and Jirobo move closer to the boathouse and they can now hear the sounds of combat, although they're still too far to see anything yet.

Round 7 Status:
Young Tully: HP 7/18(17/28 normally), AC 18 (5 Con damage)
Ko'ulu: HP 16/27(20/31 normally), AC 17 (2 Con damage)
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 12/21(28/37 normally), AC 17 (8 Con Damage)
Creature: HP 23/60, AC 20

Please post your Round 7 actions.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan feels heartened as they continue to whittle down the beast, though some of his friends ARE looking pretty rough.

swimming:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
To hit, Callum and Tully song bonus counted in: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 +2 if he can flank

Dmg if he hits (Bonuses in): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sneak attack if possible: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

roll to see which he hit, if needed: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Swim Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

If it's necessary, Tully will withdraw. If I've sunk far enough to move without provoking, then Tully will move 15 feet, away and towards the surface, and cast ear-piercing scream.

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 and dazed for 1 round, save (DC 15) for half damage and avoid daze.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

The false snake vanishes as Ko'ulu's dagger pierces it leaving no snakes before him. Confusedly looking for a new threat, he starts to turn back, just in time to have the snake bite deeply into his shoulder sending a spear of pain through him. He thumps the creature in its face feebly, but it seems to drive the creature off for the moment as it swims a few feet back and seems to ready itself for another strike.

Arm is on fire...poison? Gotta end this quickly...

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 12
Dagger damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

stupid stupid dice


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Ummm... maybe it was a large dagger? Sorry, copy/paste error in my favor. So Lingering Perfomance is still on for this round right?

Callum feels his body begin to give way... Ye got one more in ye, man. Make it count.

Attack w/ boarding axe: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11 Swinganamiss!

Attack w/ dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 24, Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Image: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Yuk. El dice do not like me. But please roll that 20 on the con check vs. the poison. See... I used the dagger dice and even the off-hand strength!


Possible prep rolls.
1d2 ⇒ 2, Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 1


The naga's eyes go vacant after Tully's spell and it simply rests in the water.

Callum Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 16, Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Tully Fort save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7, Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Ko'ulu Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, Con dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Round update coming next.


Xanxan's attack bursts the last illusion and he curses to himself before grinning as it frees Callum up to deliver a solid blow to the creature. Ko'ulu is less successful, the poison in his veins causing him to lose focus.

Tully manages to swim back to the surface and lets loose with a burst of sound directed at the naga. The snake-beast reels at the sound, its eyes rolling back in its head as it sags limply in the water.

Tylos and Jirobo sprint around the corner of the boathouse and see a scene of chaos as their companions swim in the water around some large serpent, blood staining the waters around them.

Round 8 Status:
Young Tully: HP 7/18(17/28 normally), AC 18 (6 Con damage)
Ko'ulu: HP 16/27(20/31 normally), AC 17 (2 Con damage)
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 8/17(28/37 normally), AC 17 (10 Con Damage)
Naga: HP 12/60, AC 20 (Dazed)

Ko'ulu made a save vs the poison. Tully you failed your save but that was the last one you had to make, 6 full rounds of poison later! Callum, this next round (8) will be your last save as well.

Map link updated, mainly with the placement of Jirobo and Tylos on the map.

Please post your Round 8 actions.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan knows an opportunity when he sees one, and attempts to take out a kidney....if this thing has kidneys
Got to be more soft spots somewhere...

swim:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
to hit (Callum/Tully bonus inc)1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25+2 if he can flank.

dmg if that hits, bonuses inc 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
sneak attack if possible2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

EDIT: Looks like I failed a swim roll, but that was a good enough roll to hit that hopefully it'll make it.


Swim rolls are simply to see if you can tread water while attacking. Callum's been fighting underwater most of this combat and holding his breath. Generally I'm not too worried about those checks unless you're a spellcaster or are in danger of drowning.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

FYI, my inspire courage bonuses have ended. 2 extra rounds is all you get! =P
I'll have a post up in a bit.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

This next round could be my last save in more ways than one. Anyone have a Lesser Restoration potion handy? Or maybe some antitoxin and a good heal skill? Another loss of 2 con will make me wish I was undead.

Withdraw action to the shore.
Swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Callum swims away and clambers up onto the shore, collapsing in exhaustion, the poison quickening in his blood, approaching his heart. "Help... Poison...," he cries out.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully will swim over to the shore and begin Inspire Courage again. If Callum fails his next save, Tully will cast Saving Finale (immediate action) to let him re-roll. Sorry, Callum, that's the best I can do.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo gasps at the melee going on in the roiling water by the dock. He quickly speeds toward his friends who seem to be struggling with some thrashing form, "We come! Never fear, friends!"

Double moving toward the melee.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu sees the snake suddenly stop moving after Tullyman screams at the creature, and he eyes it warily for a moment before realizing that he can see small twitches as it floats.

Its not dead! he thinks as he lunges at it once more.

Swim 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Dagger 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 20
Dagger damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos runs with Jirobo towards the group and begins running through his spells in his mind to select the proper incantation.


Finishing prep rolls.
Callum Fort: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Worker Heal check to help Callum: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Callum's second Fort save from Tully's spell, if needed: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Ko'ulu Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

End of combat update coming next.


Xanxan and Ko'ulu swim around the naga and catch it between the two of them. Still dazed from Tully's spell, the creature couldn't offer any resistance and finally fell to their combined blows.

Callum barely managed to crawl his way up on to shore, his every muscle seizing as the venom burned in his body. One of the workers attempted to help clean the wound out a little but it was too little, too late. Callum felt his life slip away as the world closed around his vision, his consciousness floating in inky silence.

Suddenly Tully's voice roared through the emptiness, a commanding tone that jerked Callum's heart into action again and with a flutter his eyes opened. He could hardly move, he felt as weak as a new born child but he knew he was alive. Somehow Tully had brought him back from the brink.

Jirobo and Tylos ran up as Ko'ulu and Xanxan were hauling the carcass of the creature on shore, the savage Mwangi man looking no worse the wear for the venomous bite he took. Callum was sitting up, with help from the others, his face ashen and drawn.

Despite it all, everyone was alive and that was enough.

End of Combat Status:
Young Tully: HP 7/18(17/28 normally), AC 18 (6 Con damage)
Ko'ulu: HP 16/27(20/31 normally), AC 17 (2 Con damage)
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/32, AC 17
Callum Carnvegas: HP 8/17(28/37 normally), AC 17 (10 Con Damage)
Naga: HP -4/60, AC 20 Dead

Ko'ulu made his second save and fought off the poison on his own.

As the description can attest, Callum came as close as any of you have to buying the farm. Callum failed his last save, the worker who tried to aid him with a Heal check didn't make it. It was Tully's spell that gave him the second save that pulled him out. So huzzah!!!


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Yay!!! Er... I mean... Splendid. Thanks Tully! I guess that makes us even, lol!

Callum sits on the ground, exhausted, looks to Young Tully and nods, unable to voice his gratitude.

EDIT: I think Callum will have to fall under the tender minstrations of our resident Cleric of Besmara, Sandara, for the next few days. Such a pity.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.