Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


851 to 900 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Plugg moves forward and slashes out at Callum with his cutlass, trying to cut the man in two.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2, Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Callum is missed. First PC clump is up.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
As you pummel the sailors in front of you into unconsciousness, you quickly turn to deal with the rest. You spin around to find that Sandara, Maheem and the rest have the other Rahadoumi held at sword point, their faces a mix of anger and confusion. Sandara gives you all a quick nod and a smile. We've got this lot handled. You go take care of that eel Plugg.

Noting the looks of the Rahadoumi, he nods, "Sorry lads. I know you've no reason to believe us, but if you know Plugg and Scourge as we know them, you'd be cheering on for us to take them down. Torture and pain gives both a smile that makes sharks look warm."

Xanxan moves onward when the crowd comes into view. Plugg misses Callum, and the gnome glances up at Scourge.

"Why, if it isn't the Bosun! Fancy meeting you here," And he fires his crossbow before one of his mates can melee with the fellow and ruin a good chance at a clean shot.

To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
dmg if that hits 1d6 ⇒ 3

Woops. Wrong formating. Let me correct that.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

As Ko'ulu comes onto deck and sees Plug, Scourge and Tate waiting, he grins.

"Plug! I have been waiting for this for a long time. But since we don't have any rum to pickle your sour face in, I will just have to settle for spitting you like the pig you are." Ko'ulu says as he pads forward to Callum's defense, lunging forward with the trident in an effort to spit the Bosun, his chainmail jingling quietly as he moves.

Power Lunge!(-1) 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20
Power Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo points at Plugg with one taloned finger as his voice rises loud as the rolling thunder, "Plugg! You and your's have dealt pain and suffering far beyond the proper balance of what is natural. You feed upon the struggle of others as a parasite sups upon the life of another. You have incurred the wrath of the storm and as such shall be destroyed by it!" The tengu raises his hands to the moonlit heavens as he begins to chant, calling forth all the fury of the storm into physical manifestation.

Casting Summon Nature's Ally II to summon a Small Lightning Elemental.


Tate moves quickly to flank Ko'ulu with Plugg, his cutlass slicing out trying to cut into the Mwangi man's side. I'll gut you for bait you dog!

Scrouge grins evily as the corssbow bolt flies wide and slams into the wood next to him. He rushes at Xanxan, his eyes holding murder. Shouldn't have missed me with that shot, runt. It's gonna be the last mistake you ever make. You've had this coming a long time.

Tate moves up into flanking and attacks Ko'ulu with his cutlass.
Attack (with flanking included): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Scourge charges to in front of Xanxan, stabbing out with a punching dagger while his other hand hols a handaxe at the ready.
Attack (with charge bonus included): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Xanxan Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Results.
Ko'ulu: Missed.
Xanxan: Missed.

Callum, Tylos and Tully (in no particular order) are up.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Sandara wrote:
We've got this lot handled. You go take care of that eel Plugg.

"Aye lass," Callum says with a nod. "Keep 'em under the blade. We'll be needin' them fer workin' the bilges when we be finished with thems whats up top, I expect."

Hefting his cutlass in one hand and boarding axe in the other, he heads up on deck.

----------

Plugg wrote:
I think we all knew this day was approaching but I have to admit I honestly wasn't sure if any of you maggots had the stones. Well it's about time you were put in your place the way you should've been that first day out. The Promise is mine and you lot ain't fit to stride her decks!

Callum evades Pluggs clumsy slash and glares at the man.

"Ye be a small man with a small mind, Plugg. Ye wouldn't know how to handle a ship even if there be magic in 'er sails. Ye're no captain an' ye ne'er will be. This ship, atop any wave an' under any gale, be not yers," Callum states before stepping around Plugg to put his back against the lifeboat flanking the man with Ko'ulu.

Move action: Freebooter's Bane on Plugg. All those within 30 ft (read Everyone) get +1 attack and +1 damage against Plugg.
5 foot step to be below Plugg on the map (I am assuming Ko'ulu ended up above him)
Attack w/ flanking & freebooter's & expert boarder: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage w/ freebooter's: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4, Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Nodding to Sandara, Tylos makes his way upstairs. When Plugg starts talking Tylos simply says Yes yes, how very fascinating...we are all going to die...blah blah. You humans sure do like to blather on. Tylos then weaves his hands in a complicated gesture while uttering some arcane phrases before a sheen of slippery grease coats Mister Plugg's cutlass.

Grease spell targeting an object. Reflex save DC 17 or drop the cutlass.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

This is a lawless frontier, where men like you may thrive, Mister Plugg. In another place, I would see you interrogated and tried for your misdeeds, but not here... I am not fit to judge you, Tully said as he pullled the holy symboll from beneath his shirt. Do not worry, I'm sending you to one who is!

Tully will begin Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage, saves vs. fear).
Don't forget to add it!


Plugg Ref Save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Round update coming next.


Despite their threats, the pirates prove to be ineffectual at the start of the battle, none of their hits landing on any of you.

You all on the other hand are more productive and land some telling blows on Plugg. As Tylos's spell goes off, Plugg suddenly loses his grip on his cutlass which clatters to the deck.

Round 2:
Young Tully: HP 22/22, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 23/23, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 15/15, AC 12
Callum Carnvegas: HP 28/28, AC 17
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 20/20, AC 15
Tate: HP 11/11, AC ?
Scourge: HP 32/32, AC ?
Plugg: HP 32/47, AC ?

Updated Map. Jirobo remember to indicate where your elemental appears when you post your action for Round 2.

Plugg's action is coming.


Prep roll to save typing: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Plugg reaches down to retrieve his cutlass but Tylos's magic is still too much and he can't get a grip. Callum and Ko'ulu use the opportunity to strike out at the hated man but both men don't connect.

Ko'ulu AoO.
Power Lunge!(-1)(with inspire courage): 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 11
Power Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14

Callum AoO.
Attack w/ flanking & freebooter's & expert boarder (+ inspire courage): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage w/ freebooter's: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7, Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Plugg grins a bloody evil grin at Callum. I'll see you in hell Carnvegas! With that he rushes at the man.

Plugg Bull Rush Attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Sending a shoulder into Callum's gut, he pushes hard against the deck. With a strangled cry, Callum goes flying over the side of the ship to land with a splash in the water below.

Jirobo, Xanxan, and Ko'ulu are up.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
Scrouge grins evily as the corssbow bolt flies wide and slams into the wood next to him. He rushes at Xanxan, his eyes holding murder. Shouldn't have missed me with that shot, runt. It's gonna be the last mistake you ever make. You've had this coming a long time.

The crossbow falls from Xanxan's hands, his eyes widening, "Please, Mister Scourge! Don't whip me again!"

Bluff, for the Feint purposes but faking fear seemed like a good way to rp it. If it works, Xanxan will (I believe) remove Scourge's Dex bonus to armor and get a sneak attack.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Whether the bluff works or not, Xanxan slips a hand to his rapier and slashes it up at Scourge with a laugh, "All that ire and you miss me in return. Tis no surprise, Scourge. Your aim's always been truest when you had someone lashed to a post...and sometimes you missed even THEN."

to hit (bonus from Tully counted in): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Dmg if that hits, Tully bonus in 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

If he gets a sneak attack in cuz of the feint...
2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Edit. Sorry, keep getting my ooc tags mixed up with my dice tags lately.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

With a crackle of electricity, a boom of thunder, and the flash of the deck lighting up even more, a small spirit made of pure lightning spawns between Jirobo and Scourge. The tengu points at Scourge and makes a cutting motion across his throat which sends the elemental into a fit of sparks as it lays into the pirate.

Meanwhile, Jirobo points at Scourge with his other hand, calling forth the fury of the storm again but this time it manifests in buffering winds, debris, and thunder about Plugg's right-hand man.

Small Lightning Elemental is attacking Scourge. He gets +3 to attack vs enemies wielding metal weapons, wearing metal armor, or made of metal. If Scourge is doing any of that, add +3 to its attack.
Lightning Elemental, Slam Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Lightning Elemental, Damage vs Scourge: 1d4 ⇒ 2 plus 1d3 ⇒ 2 electricity dmg
Jirobo, Storm Burst Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Jirobo, Storm Burst Nonlethal Damage vs Scourge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plus -2 atk for 1 round


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Seeing Callum's misfortune Ko'ulu growls and lunges at Plugg, trident weaving like an adder and striking at the villian with short jabs, slowly driving him against the railing.

Inspired Attack 1d20 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 8 = 13
Inspired damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13


Xanxan's ploy works and Scourge focuses his attention on the "weak" halfling but even still, it wasn't enough to provide an edge and Xanxan's attack went wide again. Despite Jirobo's efforts, Scourge still glares hate at the halfling and tries again to punch him with the dagger, the blade coated in a dark substance.

Meanwhile Tate attempts again to cut Ko'ulu's back with his cutlass using Plugg as a distraction to the Mwangi man.

Scourge attack on Xanxan.
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, Xanxan Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21, Con damage on failed save: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Tate attack on Ko'ulu.
Attack (with flanking included): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Results:
Ko'ulu: Missed.
Xanxan: Hit for 4 but you're not poisoned.

Tully, Tylos, Callum are up.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum curses as he is forced to release his cutlass into the depths in order to begin his climb up the side of the ship, using his boarding axe as an aide.

Swim check if necessary: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Climb Check 1 w/ axe (move & standard actions):
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Despite his nimble nature, Xanxan is struck, but grins anyway, waving his rapier merrily, "Poison, Mister Scourge? I am Xanxan's complete lack of surprise. In your scurvy little heart you know you're not the better man. You and Plugg, you like em weak and tractable. So scared you might one day NOT have the upperhand. Well... welcome to the good ship Nightmare. Heh. I shall be your navigator as you face your fears made real."

Then the gnome laughs.

I know, not my turn, but I figure a bit of flavor while I wait couldn't hurt nuthin' ;)


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos moves his hands in a series of complicated gestures as a group of spheres of opaque black smoke appear and engulf the heads of Plugg, Tate, and Scourge. In DraconicTylos intones I conjure the black mists of Nal'hazzeren to be a plague upon your wickedness!

Silent Image of clouds of black smoke over each of their heads. They are definitely interacting and as such each get will saves to see through the illusion DC 16 or they will be effectively blinded. Range of the spell should easily get all of them.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully's voice rose to a head-splitting shout, as Callum plunged into the sea.

Maintain Inspire Courage (2 rounds used).
Cast Ear-Piercing Scream, targeting Plugg (save DC 14).
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 and dazed for 1 round.


Will saves vs Tylos:
Plugg: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Scourge: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Tate: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Plugg Fort save vs Tully: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Giving up on his weapon temporarily, Plugg charged Callum sending the man over the side of the ship with a splash. As he did, Ko'ulu tried to plunge his trident into the man's back but couldn't connect although Tate was equally inept at connecting with Ko'ulu.

Xanxan attempted to fake out the evil whipmaster and while he succeeded, he wasn't able to connect with his follow through and Scourge laughed as he sent his dagger punching into the gnome. Xanxan hissed in pain as he felt a heat radiating from the wound but he shook off the feeling and kept his sights on the man.

Jirobo's elemental tried to slam into the hated man and even with the metal weapons in his hand, it just missed connecting (although you got close enough to learn Scourge's AC). Jirobo's spell was more potent though and Scourge rocked on his feat at the thunderclap that slammed into his chest.

Tully continued urging his companions on and as he did he let out a shattering scream that had Plugg raise his hands to his ears in pain, blood trickling through his fingers. Just as he did, globes of blackness suddenly sprung up around the three men. Tate and Plugg flailed around their heads in confusion but Scourge simply sneered as he looked at Xanxan. Your friend's tricks won't save you from me you little s#*+.

Callum managed to snag some of the lines and hauled himself back onto the ship, dripping wet and angry at the loss of his weapon.

Round 3:
Young Tully: HP 22/22, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/23, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 15/15, AC 12
Callum Carnvegas: HP 28/28, AC 17
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 20/20, AC 15
Tate: HP 11/11, AC ? (currently Blind)
Scourge: HP 32/32, AC 15 (5 nonlethal)
Plugg: HP 28/47, AC ? (Dazed)(currently Blind)

Round 3 Map


Plugg stands around clutching his ears, his head still ringing from Tully's spell.

Plugg is Dazed for this round from Tully's spell.

Jirobo, Xanxan, and Ko'ulu are up.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

His feet now resting upon the deck, Callum shifted his axe to his right hand and draws a dagger in his left. Wanting to avoid a dip into the sea again, he stepped between Plugg and Tully before making his attack with the axe.

Move action draw dagger. 5-foot step NE. Standard action attack.
Attack w/ Freebooter's Bane, Courage, Expert Boarder: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage w/ Freebooter's Bane, Courage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 +sneak attack (due to blindness):1d6 ⇒ 2

Reminder of Freebooter's Bane (+1 attack & damage) vs. Plugg. It stacks with Inspire courage.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

The gnome's eyes light up at the threat, and the smile never leaves his face, "Really, Mister Scourge. I'm your favorite eh? Is it because of all those times you sent me down to the bilges and I came up clean anyway? Or is it because the ladies of the ship always preferred me to you? One redheaded lass I know can't stand you. Says you smell of herring and desperation."

He rapier flicks forward at the man.

To hit (Tully's bonus included): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage if that hits 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

As the crackling of the nearby elemental and the crash of weapon against weapon and steel against flesh fills the deck, Jirobo motions at Scourge as he attempts to do harm to his friend, Xanxan, "The fury of the storm is not a trick, Scourge of the Wormy Wood. It will be your downfall in the end, wheither we succeed today or you are blown away some other day."

The elemental is also directed to try and get in flanking spot around Scourge if able for Xanxan.
Lightning Elemental, Slam Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Lightning Elemental, Damage vs Scourge: 1d4 ⇒ 2 plus 1d3 ⇒ 1 electricity dmg
Jirobo, Storm Burst Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Jirobo, Storm Burst Nonlethal Damage vs Scourge: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 plus -2 atk for 1 round


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Can't see the map at work. I am going to assume I am not flanked and I don't have the ability to flank anyone at this point, so I won't move.

Ko'ulu's feet pad on the wooden deck as he dodges and weaves past the slashing blades. Tate's attack whistles past his head and Ko'ulu recognizes the threat from his former shipmate, plants his foot and spins, slamming the trident towards Tate's chest.

Trident, inspired, power 1d20 + 1 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 8 - 1 = 26
Trident, damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8

Tate senses the blow and flails about with his blade, barely turning the deadly attack from impaling him on the chest but not avoiding one of the tines that slashes across his face, opening a wound from his cheek to above his ear.


Scourge laughs at Xanxan's jest as he easily bats the attack aside. Maybe if you spent less time chasing the tail you'd have a better chance of defending yourself. Yet as he says this, he suddenly spins away to where the elemental was standing, his handaxe whistling through the air towards Jirobo. You think I didn't notice your meddling, pigeon!

Meanwhile, badly wounded Tate growls at Ko'ulu as he swings blindly in the darkness. Face me like a man coward!

Scourge 5-foot steps to where the elemental was previously and attacks the tengu.
Handaxe attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10, Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Tate swings wildly at Ko'ulu, the damage and darkness keeping him from realizing, for now, the he could simply move out of the magic effect.
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, Miss chance( high is good for me): 1d100 ⇒ 11

Results:
Jirobo: Hit for 4.
Ko'ulu: Missed.

Callum already posted, so Tylos and Tully are up for the round.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos takes another step backwards and keeps his concentration up on the illusion.

Smiling with delight at Tate and Plugg flailing around, Tylos is content to watch the show unfold. Keeping those two disabled is much more important than throwing another creature into the fight as he was thinking of doing.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

The end is near for you, Mister Plugg! No toadies are left to you, save this wretched creature! Tully brandished his rapier at 'Narwhal' Tate. Shall I rid you of his odious presence as well?

Tully 5-foot steps towards Tate, maintaining Inspire Courage (3 rounds).
Hilt Bash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Non-Lethal Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Possible Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

"Tengu! Scourge, he's a Tengu! My you are dim." Xanxan fusses.


A savage exchange of blows are traded and while Scourge manages to cut his axe into Jirobo's side, Jirobo and his elemental manage to hit the man a solid blow. Xanxan still tries to find his opening but Scourge seems to always be ready for him.

Tate misses on his attempted attack at Ko'ulu and subsequently gets dropped to the deck for his troubles by a quick blow to the head of Tully's rapier hilt after the painful stab he took from Ko'ulu's trident.

Callum attempts to take advantage of the dazed Plugg, cutting him deep with his axe.

Round 4:
Young Tully: HP 22/22, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 23/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/23, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 15/15, AC 12
Callum Carnvegas: HP 28/28, AC 17
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 16/20, AC 15
Tate: HP 3/11, AC ? (6 nonlethal)(Unconscious)
Scourge: HP 29/32, AC 15 (12 nonlethal)
Plugg: HP 20/47, AC ?

Ruond 4 Map. I've already included Plugg's Round 4 movement on the map to make things easier, since he goes first in the init.


Plugg moves away from Callum's blow drawing a dagger as he does, stepping out of the inky globe that Tylos had conjured. Seeing Ko'ulu still near him, he stabbed out with the dagger hoping to get a telling blow.

Plugg 5-foot steps NE and then attacks with a dagger.
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 16, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Results: Ko'ulu is hit for 6.

Jirobo, Xanxan, and Ko'ulu are up.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Round 4. Is it possible to flank and sneak attack Scourge while he's focused on Jirobo? I suspect not, but will throw bonus dmg in just in case

Despite the gnome's apparent light heartedness about getting the Tengu's descriptor right, Xanxan is filled with no small amount of concern for his friend's well being. I told my fine feathered friend I'd look out for him, and here he is getting hacked on my account.

He slips forward to stab at Scourge while the brute is focused on the other.

To hit (Bard bonus in): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
dmg if that hits (Bard bonus in): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

If sneak attack applies 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Putting my action up for now because I'll potentially be unable to post for a little while. Will obviously happen on our clumps initiative.

Tylos, seeing that Plugg has stepped out of his illusion, begins chanting and sending out a call throughout the celestial planes for aid against these vile miscreants.

Begin casting Summon Monster II to summon 1d3 ⇒ 3 celestial riding dogs.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo grunts in pain as he grasps his bleeding side with one hand, "Pain begets pain, Mister Scourge. And you have given so much pain." Now that Scourge has closed with him, Jirobo raises one hand to the heavens as he begins to chant. The air seems to chill as if a winter wind sweeps across the ship deck before all the cold condenses in Jirobo's outstretched hand. Talons frosting over as ice forms in his hand, the tengu suddenly lashes out at Scourge. As his fingers brush across Scourge's chest, the full force of a winter storm's fury is unleashed into the pirate's flesh and bones.

Meanwhile, the lightning elemental assaults Scourge again with the last few seconds of it's presence before dispersing with the next round.

Casting Frigid Touch.
Casting defensively, Concentration check (DC 19): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Frigid Touch, Melee Touch Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Frigid Touch Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1, 5) = 13 plus Scourge is staggered for 1 round.
Lightning Elemental, Slam Attack vs Scourge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Lightning Elemental, Damage vs Scourge: 1d4 ⇒ 1 plus 1d3 ⇒ 1 electricity dmg
EDIT: I forgot to add flanking bonuses to our hits since me and the Elemental are now flanking Scourge. So +2 to melee touch roll and elemental slam.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Seeing Tate slump to the deck, Ko'ulu whips back around to face Plugg. "Looks like you are using up your friends real quicklike. You gonna be out soon Plugg, then we chop you up and feed you back to your fishy friends." he growls.

Trident, inspired, power 1d20 + 1 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 8 - 1 = 18
damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 11


Scourge collapses to the deck under the rain of blows from Xanxan, Jirobo and the elemental.

Unless he wants to change his action, Tylos is all set. Callum and Tully are up.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan looks at the crumpled Scourge and his smile goes impossibly wide, "Jirobo, I can't thank you and your friend enough for this. It's like a present on a gift giving holy day."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo nods his head in agreement with Xanxan while he points over toward the other side of the deck where the struggle with Plugg is still ongoing, "I will always be at your side when you need, friend Xanxan. This time it was with the bonus of being able to repay suffering with suffering on this pain-monger. But, alas, we are still needed. The leader of our last few weeks of pain is not yet subdued to face his ultimate punishment."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

The gnome looks at Scourge, "What if he's faking? What if he gets away? I'll be very sad if he does, you know? I have plans for him. I was going to strip him, whip him, and drown him in bilgewater. If he gets away, I'll be so TERRIBLY depressed." then Xanxan sighs, "But you're right, of course. Can't have Plugg roughing up our friends and he's due more than a few licks as well."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

You are all alone, Mister Plugg. Throw down your weapon and beg for mercy. You may yet receive it.

Tully will maintain Inspire Courage (4 rounds), and 5-foot step north and cast Ear-piercing Scream, targetting Plugg. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 and dazed for 1 round. Save DC 14.


Plugg save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

I'll wait for Callum's post as what he does may or may not dictate what Plugg's choices are.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Ahhh, Plugg. Ye may have, perhaps, bitten off a bit more than ye can chew, aye? Yer first decision on yer own is te betray yer own Cap'n whats ended in invitin' vengeance on yerself. An' now? Yer toadies have fallen, one an' another. None but ye standin on deck. 'Ere, ye scalywag, make yer mark," Callum says, inviting an attack, as he moves past Plugg in order to position himself across from Ko'ulu.

Move to flanking position with Ko'ulu provoking an AoO from Plugg.

"Ye said prior te me swim in the drink that ye'd see me in Hell...," Callum says glaring at the man. "Well, not if I see ye first, Plugg." And with that Callum swings his axe.

Attack (+4) w/ flanking (+2), freebooter's (+1), courage (+1), expert boarder (+1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage (+2) w/ freebooter's (+1), courage (+1): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, Sneak attack thanks to the flank: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Note: Ko'ulu's attack would have had an extra +1 to hit and damage from the Freebooter's Bane active vs. Plugg.


Scourge falls to the combined effort of Jirobo and Xanxan, collapsing unconscious to the deck next to Tate.

Plugg looks at you all with hate and fear in his eyes. While he isn't dazed this time around, he still cringes at Tully's spell. Yet this is only momentary as Ko'ulu's trident suddenly pierces through his gut from behind, tines dripping blood and gore. Looking around in a fog, he can only watch stunned as Callum's axe slices in to finish him.

As you all gather yourselves, you realize that you've won. As you glance around at the open water all around you and think on the crew below decks, you all begin to grasp just what that might mean.

End of combat status:
Young Tully: HP 22/22, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 17/23, AC 17
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 19/23, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 15/15, AC 12
Callum Carnvegas: HP 28/28, AC 17
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 16/20, AC 15
Tate: HP 3/11, AC ? (6 nonlethal)(Unconscious)
Scourge: HP 10/32, AC 15 (12 nonlethal)(Unconscious)
Plugg: HP -2/47, AC ? (Unconscious, Bleeding out)

We're off Init at this point. Tylos, I'm fine saying you stop your spellcasting before it goes off and don't waste the summon. Also the flavor text is graphic but Plugg isn't dead yet technically, in case you wanted to save him for later. ;-)

Huzzah to the PC's!!!

Let me know what your immediate actions are, healing, stabilizing, etc. Other than that, the floor is open. You've taken the ship. What's next is up to you...


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos shakes his hands and stops chanting the swirling silver mists that were appearing behind Plugg dissipate suddenly. Well...that was rather abrupt. It appears we are at a conundrum my fellow mutineers. Do we save their miserable lives just to kill them later or let them die? Either way it matters not to me. I will go and check on the others below. With that Tylos heads down into the hold to make sure the others are still alright and give them the news about Plugg and Scourge.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

"Why Tylos! I'm surprised at you. What comes later might be up for question, but first? That's easy! We loot the treasure, or in this case, the bodies." And with that, the gnome gleefully starts to strip Scourge as naked as a jaybird, tossing his goods out in a pile. "We'll need rope."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu nods his head at Xanxan and strips Plugg of everything, clothes, rings, earrings, weapons and piles them on the deck.

"You are bleeding all over the fancy clothes you gutless turd. Don't worry though, the sharks will take care of your wounds soon enough." Ko'ulu says, roughly handling the man.


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Ko'ulu wrote:
"You are bleeding all over the fancy clothes you gutless turd. Don't worry though, the sharks will take care of your wounds soon enough." Ko'ulu says, roughly handling the man.
Xanxan Gimblewabe wrote:
The gnome gleefully starts to strip Scourge as naked as a jaybird, tossing his goods out in a pile. "We'll need rope."

Tully knelt beside the unconscious form of Narwhal Tate. This one is still alive. He will recover in time, no doubt to plague us with his surly demeanor and piss-poor disposition.

He grabbed Plugg's dropped cutlass where it lay, and watched as Xanxan stripped the bodies of their wealth.

Tylos Vielent wrote:
Do we save their miserable lives just to kill them later or let them die? Either way it matters not to me.

I have seen a drumhead court, once... Tully shook his head. I would not care to participate in such an endeavor. It is only a veneer of "justice" to cover black deeds. Let them bleed out. We are under no obligation to save them. Perhaps Besmara has some mercy within her. Who knows?

Tylos Vielent wrote:
I will go and check on the others below.

Tully glanced towards the horizon. The sun was just breaking. It was a new dawn, both literally and figuratively. Tully gazed around the ship, until finally his eyes alighted upon the ships bell.

A moment, my friend Tylos. The duties of the ship must be begun, regardless of which way the wind now blows. Let us summon the crew to the deck. But, first, it would be useful to know where we are and where we are going.

Fishguts' whispers:
Fishguts wrote:
There's a seedy little drydock called Rickety's Squibs west of Bloodcove. If Plugg is making a bid on the ship, that's where he'd head. They "squib" ships there, changing their names and shapes enough to look enough like a new ship to fool people. Pirates do it all the time and if Plugg is aiming to take the ship, that's where he'd head.

Vicious and vile as this scum is, Tully toed the bloody form of Plugg, he probably had the right idea. Shall we carry on to Bloodcove?


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

When Tully stops him Tylos says True about it being not much in the way of justice...but should we not interrogate him as to Captain Harrigan's plans? I would think we would want to avoid him if we could and knowing where he planned on sailing would help with that.

851 to 900 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.