Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


801 to 850 of 1,114 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum joins the others to look through Grok's wares, mainly focusing on the weapons and armor, but looking at the other items too. "An interesting selection, ye have here, Grok. Ye get much call fer baptisms an' the like?" he says with a smile by the holy water. "An' best be careful with those," he continied chuckling as he passed by the alchemist's fire, "They could sink us all." He stops at one of the masterwork bucklers and picks it up, turning it around, considering it.

Thinking about buying the MW buckler. Of course if the discount is so huge Callum can buy the +1 short sword, we'll go with that ;)

Here is the check for whatever the most expensive item he buys. Probably the buckler, but I'm holding off to make sure we don't need to pool our money for something and he's forced to buy something cheaper.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Sea Singer 1

By the time Tully had collected his total earnings made his way to Grok's shop, Callum had already laid claim to the buckler Tully had examined earlier. Tully spotted a second of equal quality and was quick to grab it from the Half-orc's stores.

My dearest lady... Your taste is exquisite. And you sacrifice none of its function in creating its aesthetic. How wonderful!

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Oh, and what have we here? Tully asked as he picked up the wand. Powerful magic, nearly spent. Still... I shall have to consider this purchase.

DMJ, my math puts the wand's price at 240 gp. If that's correct, then I'll see where I stand with the discount before buying that.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu follows the rest of the group down to Grok's, eager to spend what money he has.

"A chain shirt? It would be easy to get out of...can't sleep in it though...and it rusts to bits. But it might help when I need it...", Ko'ulu muses, fingering the steel links.


Tully, your math seems right to me. With you critting the Diplomacy roll, let's call it 200 for the wand if you want it.

Does anyone else want to purchase things cause I'm gonna move us along shortly and the opportunity will be lost at that point.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Is either the +1 shortsword or +1 dagger gnome sized?


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully spun the wand dexterously through his fingers. The power of one of the gods' champions at his fingertips...

"I oughta barter for that silver tongue o' yers," Grok huffed. "For you, two hunnerd."

No... No, thank you, dear Grok. Just this device, for today, I think.

Tully pays for the buckler and returns to the main deck, ready for further adventure! =)


Xanxan, I've never really made a distinction for "generic" loot so if you want either of them to be, then that's fine. If an item is specifically sized, I'll make sure to note it but for stuff like this, I'm fine saying it happens to be. It could be Medium sized for everyone else, depends on who buys it first lol.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan eyes the short sword, "How much for the short sword or dagger, Grok?"


Standard book price, minus any Diplomacy check discount.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

2000 gold I aint' got so ...
The gnome eyes the items wistfully, but in the end, "Ah, too rich for this poor swabbie's blood."Xanxan figures he might be able to buy... or even steal, such an item later.

sorry about the delay. I know the window is closed after this, but Xanxan doesn't so he's passing for now, and may regret it later :)


So people have had more than enough time to shop, time to move along.

The revelry continues through the evening and all through the next day and night, everyone drinking themselves silly and talking of all they would do with their coin once they made port. It was amazing to see how quickly spirits picked up at the thought of spending their hard-won plunder.

The following morning, two days after the Wormwood vanquished her prey, it appears the party is finally over and it is back to the business at hand. Coming up on deck, you find the Wormwood's officers standing around deck facing a line of the prisoners taken in the battle. As the rest of the crew gathers, Harrigan stomps forward and paces before the you all and the prisoners.

All right, you scurvy tars! You've done a right good job by me. We've got a second ship now, and she's quite a prize from the looks of her. But I still only have one crew. So here's the plan! The Wormwood will sail on to our planned destination with our new shipmates here, while Mister Plugg will pick a skeleton crew to sail the Man's Promise, Harrigan indicates the other ship with a wave of his hand, to Port Peril, where she'll be worth a pretty penny as salvage.

As for these fine fellows here, and he gives a look over the captured crew of the other ship, some of them no doubt will be worth a hefty ransom from their families back in Azir. And for the rest, if the life of a pirate's not for them, then they can spend the rest of the their lives at sea! At this Harrigan grabs one of the prisoners and hurls her over the side of the ship, where she splashes into the water with a cry. Much of the crew cheers and laughs at this and the captured sailors quickly begin swearing allegiance to Harrigan's flag.

Stomping back to the aft of the ship with the rest of the officers, Harrigan's voice rings out. Mister Plugg, gather your crew and be ready to sail!

Plugg calls out an affirmative before his voice rings out, naming his crew. You're almost surprised as he you hear your names ring out but then you catch a glimpse of the cruel smile on his face and realize that you aren't being chosen for your skills. As the last of the crew is selected from some of the captured sailors, Plugg faces his new "crew". You heard the cap'n! Grab your s~%# and make your way to the Promise. We make sail in 10 minutes and if you're not on board, you'd better be a strong swimmer!

Plugg's crew for the Man's Promise:
  • All of the PC's
  • Plugg and Scourge obviously
  • Sandara
  • Rosie
  • Conchobhar
  • Fishguts
  • Narhwal Tate
  • Jaundiced Jape
  • Fipps
  • Maheem
  • Aretta
  • Badger
  • 6 of the captured Rahadoumi sailors

After some brief chaos, the two ships part company and begin sailing off. As the Promise gets under way, acting captain Plugg calls his crew on to deck. Alright you dogs, listen up! You'll all keep to your assigned posts as you were on the Wormwood. Things ain't different just cause you're on a new vessel. In fact, discipline was always a bit lax on the 'wood and that'll be changing now, so get your jobs done and done right! Also there's to be no more rum rations or evening entertainments! Crew is confined to quarters after dinner.

Late into that first day, the Wormwood's sails disappear over the horizon and you are on your own. The day's work is finished quickly and after the meal, everyone heads below decks. The mood is somber and quiet amongst everyone as the first day aboard the Promise comes to a close.

Perception, DC 15:
Late into the evening, Scourge comes into the crew quarters and silently grabs, Tate, Jape, Fipps and the rahadoumi sailors and brings them up to the main deck. They're gone for about 15 minutes before they return and head back to their hammocks.

Alright back from the long weekend and time to get things going again. Big changes are clearly afoot. Let me know what's going on with you guys. If any of you want to do or say anything during all of the above, I'm fine with that. Otherwise, let me know what the plan is right now/for the evening. Once everything's been resolved, either evening activities, retcon stuff or both, at that point I'll move the thread along.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Purchases note::
Callum bought a MW buckler, chain shirt, 2 alchemist fire's, 2 acid flasks. He actually kept his wooden armor, which is what he will wear for general shipboard activities. The chain shirt for ship-to-ship battle or on land (e.g. when we get to Port Peril).

Mr. Plugg wrote:
You heard the cap'n! Grab your s%%! and make your way to the Promise. We make sail in 10 minutes and if you're not on board, you'd better be a strong swimmer!

"Aye, aye," Callum mutters as he heads down to the crew quarters to collect his things and boards the new ship, looking around at the others, his friends and allies as well as their enemies and the new Rahadoumi crew. An' now it gets interestin'.

Callum works dilligently through the day, getting a feel for the new ship. Aye, she's a nice un.

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

At night, seeing selected crew being taken up to the deck, Callum quietly speaks to the others. "It looks te me like Plugg be gatherin' them whats with him an' them whats afraid o' him," he says indicating the now empty cots. "I was hopin' te be able te do some convincin' on Fipps and the new swabs, an' mayhap turn 'em our way. We can still put in the effort but I expect we can bet on them te be against us now." He looks around at the crew left behind. "I see about twelve o' us, thirteen if we count Fishguts, te their eleven. I like them odds. I say we play it real civil-like fer now, but keep an eye out fer the time when Besmara's opportunity comes a knockin' on the deck."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Tully felt a sharp nudge on his shoulder, dragging him back to consciousness.

Callum Carnvegas wrote:
"It looks te me like Plugg be gatherin' them whats with him an' them whats afraid o' him," he says indicating the now empty cots.

Tully's sleep-muddled vision was too blurred to pierce the darkness of the 'tween decks. But, it was clear that several of the hammocks were hanging empty.

Callum Carnvegas wrote:
"I was hopin' te be able te do some convincin' on Fipps and the new swabs, an' mayhap turn 'em our way. We can still put in the effort but I expect we can bet on them te be against us now." He looks around at the crew left behind. "I see about twelve o' us, thirteen if we count Fishguts, te their eleven. I like them odds. I say we play it real civil-like fer now, but keep an eye out fer the time when Besmara's opportunity comes a knockin' on the deck."

"Why do we hesitate? We should strike this very morning, before the first bell. We need not rouse the entire crew." Tully reached into his dunnage retrieving his sap and whip. "The Rahadoumi will support Plugg and Scourge only as long as they believe their lives depend upon it. Even Fipps may only support them conditionally... In a few hours time, when all are sound asleep, we can subdue the crew..." Tully offered the sap to Xanxan, "... and give Mister Plugg and Mister Scourge a taste of their own medicine!" Tully said as he offered the whip to Callum.

"In any event, we should not wait over long. Plugg and Scourge are smart enough to know that their hold on the crew is tenuous. Through a combination of labor and punishment, they will drive us to weakness and exhaustion until we reach Port Peril.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos is surprised to be selected for the new vessel but is heartened when he sees his new companions chosen as well. [i]Perhaps a new ship will give better opportunities for the utilization of my talents. Gathering his gear, he quickly moves to the other ship and stows it.

Upon Plugg's pronouncements of further discipline, Tylos cringes but does not seem to mind being confined to quarters as it gives him more time to research and practice his magic.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

During the down time, he notices Plugg bring a few men and women up on deck. He is not surprised when the others mention it as well.

When the others start speaking of mutiny he says I am in agreement with Callum that we should exercise caution. I am on your side obviously should a fight break out but I worry about what happens if we fail.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan scowls as the lady is thrown overboard as an example, What a waste of a fine wench. Women folk should be flattered and lied to, not thrown into the drink.

------

But his real surprise comes up when and his mates are put on the Promise.

"Well, well...fellow Wormwood, hello my lady Promise." He grins as he's on the deck.

Quote:
Alright you dogs, listen up! You'll all keep to your assigned posts as you were on the Wormwood. Things ain't different just cause you're on a new vessel. In fact, discipline was always a bit lax on the 'wood and that'll be changing now, so get your jobs done and done right! Also there's to be no more rum rations or evening entertainments! Crew is confined to quarters after dinner.

Xanxan just smiles, but inwardly he seethes, No. Death'll be coming for Scourge soon, no more bilges, no more flogging.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The meeting starts up, he listens to them all. He takes the sap. "We can't wait too long. We'll get worn down till we're not threat at all. The new six may not think highly of us, as we did kill their mates. swaying them won't be easy. Let me talk to a few of em, but I won't wait longer than a few days. I'll tell you that. Scourge whips me again, or shoves me in the bilges... I won't be waiting."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

For a moment the deck is silent, Xanxan's words trailing off into the ever present symphony of wood and wave.

"No." Ko'ulu says from the shadows, the light from the swinging lantern picking up the white of Ko'ulu's eyes.

"Plugg is a coward. He will pick his time and place when we are weak, or he has the advantage. That time will be bad."

"We must go tonight. He has chosen his men. We have ours. We will have the advantage because Plugg will not be able to chose his time and place. Cowards like him are always expecting trouble, his picked men will not."

"I will not sail under Plugg." he says with finality.

Ko'ulu is not smiling.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

"Ko'ulu's correct, I fear. Plugg and Scourge are at their weakest at this moment. Tate and Jape will support them, if for no better reason than to oppose us. Perhaps they have cowed Fipps, as well. They are working quickly to secure the allegiance of the Rahadoumi.

"We are at our strongest. But, Plugg has the power to change that! He can, with a word, work us past exhaustion. Then, he'll have us at the gratings for 'failing' at our duties. Remember how much healing was required on the Wormwood just to stave off death! Imagine how much more will be required without Harrigan's control! He will give us no opportunity to influence the crew. You can see he already has us confined below decks, at night. Whatever privacy we might once have found on the Wormwood will be denied us here. Whatever steps we take will be known and countered quickly.

"Tonight. This is our best opportunity."


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"The Wormwood is not even a full day's sail away. A bit o' smoke in the air an' the ol' Cap'n will be comin' fer us fast, an' us with naught but a skeleton crew. We need a bit more time te get some more distance methinks."

Callum thinks a bit, "An' mayhap we can figure what they be plannin' an can head off anythin' meant te weaken us. Any chance we have a silent one 'ere what can give a quiet visit te them whats out plottin against us?"


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

I am with Callum on this one...more for self preservation than anything else. I find it is always better to have more information than less. Also we may want to involve those friends you have managed to make upon the ship and see what their opinions are.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"If they work us the way they usually do while Plugg's picked men do nothing, they will not have to try. We will be weak."

"Plugg will whip me dead the first chance he gets. Then see who follows you. The rest of these sailors aren't going to risk their skin so soon...Tully-man might be able to talk them up though..."

"Take care of smoke by snuffing the fires. Cold ship won't burn."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
Callum thinks a bit, "An' mayhap we can figure what they be plannin' an can head off anythin' meant te weaken us. Any chance we have a silent one 'ere what can give a quiet visit te them whats out plottin against us?"

"I'll risk it if ye all like? Might settle things one way or nother."


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Xanxan Gimblewabe wrote:
"I'll risk it if ye all like? Might settle things one way or nother."

Do you still carry the potion with which we were paid? It could make the difference between life and death. If we're to take this course, you must go quickly. Plugg and Scourge are not ones to beat around the bush, as it were. They will come quickly to the point, and set those men about their nefarious business.

This spell will let me hear your words, for a time. Do not speak if speaking will place your life in peril. But, call out quickly if you have need of us. If you believe it to be safe, you can relay what you see to me with whispers.

Tully casts message targeting Xanxan.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Xanxan wrote:
"I'll risk it if ye all like? Might settle things one way or nother."

"Mayhap ye be right, Callum says nodding. Take care out there Xanxan an' keep yer wits about ye. May Besmara be with ye on this."

He then turns to the others. "It's me firm belief that ye can't take an' keep a ship without a crew te back ye. At my thinkin' we can at least have a Cleric o' Besmara on our side in Sandara. Havin' worked with Maheem, I can say he's got a good strong arm on 'im, Rosie too, if her pig tossin' skills are any indication. Conch may be a tough nut but I'll reckon he'll fight te the best o' his ability on any side Rosie'll be on. Don' know much about Aretta an' Badger, but I expect they'll fight hard fer the right cause. An' a cause, bein takin' down Plugg an' Scourge an' gettin' a ship, that be a right one."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

The tengu watches some of the sailors go up on deck with Plugg before hopping over to the others whispered conversation. Jirobo looks at the others with worry at the talk of full-blown mutiny so early, "But the Wormwood is still yet close. Are we sure this is the best time for taking over of the ship? The price of failure in this is death by sword, keel-hauling, or drowning. Maybe we can wait until we are closer to an island or the mainland. If things go south then, we have alternate routes of escape."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

DMJ, which way did the Wormwood sail, and which way is the wind blowing?


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Nodding to Tully as the spell is cast, and Callum's blessing. He nods to them all, but speaks chiefly to Jirobo.

"Well, my fine feathered friend, that's what my foray will determine. Fear not, whatever happens to me, it's got to be more interesting than the bilges," The gnome winks, nods to all, checks the potion at his side, and slips out.

Many rolls needed I'm sure...
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception with trapfinding: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Disable Device: (traps) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Disable Device: (locks) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 20


Xanxan:
You move silently up to the main deck and find it empty. Moving quietly over to the doors to the captain's quarters, you settle your ear to the door assuming that to be the most logical place for a clandestine meeting.

Despite your best efforts, you can't make out anything from beyond the door. You can hear muffled voices but can't pick out even a single word. You do hear the scrape of a boot and hastily move back from the door.

Hidden amongst the shadows and night, you watch as the men head back down to the crew quarters while Plugg and Scourge go back into the cabin and shut the door. You hear the latch being thrown and then you're alone on deck. Moving back down into the hold, you see the sailors settling into their hammocks and drifting off to sleep. Across from them you can just manage to spot your crew mates awaiting your return.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan whispers,

Message spell:
"Main deck is empty. Only heard muffled voices through the damnably thick door of the Captain's quarters. Crew just went down the hold... and Plugg and Scourge are back in the cabin. Should I try again?"


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Xanxan could not hear the scoundrels' conversation. They are on their way back, Tully relayed to the others. Quickly, to your hammocks!

Message Spell:
We must be ready to feign sleep before those men return. Return to the hold when you feel you can safely do so.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan wonders if he can wait till Scourge sleeps and then slit his throat. Then sighs Not on me game tonight and I'll need Desna's own luck to pull that right.

Slipping into hold, he come a bit wistful.

stealth back 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos decides that he won't be much help tonight and decides to get some rest so that he can be ready with his spells in the morning.


Sorry for the delay and thanks for the patience everyone.

It's a somewhat restless night as you sleep as you're able but being on a strange ship with Plugg at the helm is enough to give anyone bad dreams. Waking groggily the next morning, you climb up to the main deck where Plugg and Scourge are waiting, both men clearly preening at their newfound authority. Quickly assigning tasks to the lot of you, Plugg moves up to the wheel and stands behind it with a grin.

The work assigned to you is quite possibly the worst you've had to deal with so far during your ordeal as a pirate. It's not necessarily harder than anything you've done but it is certainaly more onerous. Cleaning out foul messes left over from the battle, scrubbing the scorch marks on the hull from the explosion, and other base labor. Within hours you're all sweaty, dirty and irritated.

The day winds to a close and the meal is quickly brought up by Fishguts. It's a welcome relief not to have to swallow the hideous rum you were forced to drink on the Wormwood although it's a bittersweet feeling as it reminds you of Grok and those others you may never see again.

Despite his claims the day before, there isn't a single punishment meeted out. Scourge looks disappointed but Plugg doesn't seem to care, his eyes distant and lost in thought. Regardless, it's a welcome relief. With no evening activities allowed, you all quietly head below decks.

As people settle in and relax, some sailors playing quietly at dice while others simply chat, Amrbose moves towards the group of you. His voice is low as he catches your attention. There's been talk that you lads are thinking of taking the ship. Don't act so surprised, you ain't exactly been hiding your disdain for Plugg and his lapdog.

Kroop lowers his voice further and looks around before continuing. I caught wind of this today and Sandara helped confirm it. I think Plugg means to keep the Promise for himself. I thought heard Tate bragging about it to one of the new sailors and Sandara confirmed that we've indeed changed course. We're no longer heading towards Port Peril but east towards Bloodcove. Anyone with ranks in Know Geography would realize this after Kroop mentions it.

I'm not sure yet but I think I've got a good idea we're headed. There's a seedy little drydock called Rickety's Squibs west of Bloodcove. If Plugg is making a bid on the ship, that's where he'd head. They "squib" ships there, changing their names and shapes enough to look enough like a new ship to fool people. Pirates do it all the time and if Plugg is aiming to take the ship, that's where he'd head.

If he's already planning on betraying Harrigan for himself, I don't think he'd plan on keeping around those of us that don't think kindly of him already. So be wary and if you're planning on doing something, you haven't got much time for it I imagine.

As Kroop moves away, you all settle back and think on what he's said.

Perception DC 10:
You notice that Tate is nowhere to be seen. He never came down after the meal was finished.

I know with the delay it might take people a bit to catch up but let me know what you guys wnat to do. Again sorry for the delay.


Tylos looks over at the rest of the group and says quietly How long do you think it will take to get to this Rickety's Squibs?


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Aye, I thought I noticed a change in what bein' the direction we be headin'. West of Bloodcove? We'll not be there by tomorrow, but it might not matter leastwise. We'd best get our good crew on board this right quick. With Plugg movin' against Harrigan, thems whats may have been afraid o' the repercussions, might be more afraid now o' what'll happen te them, bein witnesses to 'is act, an' not on friendly terms with the scalywag."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Knowledge (geography) Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Jirobo finishes the last of the much needed meal as Fishguts fills them in on the doings of the ship. The tengu glances to his friends, "It is almost time for the rinsing storm to sweep through. Ready our friends. Ready our weapons. In a day or two's time, when all is ready, we will take the ship? Might be best time to do so is at night. Ship is not at risk for floundering or fouling if she is not under full speed. Knock out or secure all those against us and just leave Plugg and Scourge by their lonesomes for the final fury of the typhoon."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

As Kroop moves away, Ko'ulu grunts.

"I have said my piece. I am still waiting for the wind to change on this ship."

Ko'ulu claps his hands together and stands up.

"Tully-man, tell me if you notice any weather change." he says as he walks away.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

My apologies again for using the wrong avatar before.

Tylos looks at the others and says We should be ready, definitely but also I think we should wait for the opportune moment as well. I will support the assault with my magic but I admit other than that I have no skill at fighting hand to hand.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Sorry, somehow i missed the updates!
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Looking around, the gnome notices something "Bloody hell, Tate is missing. He never came down after meal. You think he overheard Sandara or the others talking ?


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Tate? Are you sure? That bodes ill for us, and our future enterprises. If Plugg and Scourge have taken that one into their confidences...

Master Kroop and Mistress Sandara have demonstrated their loyalties, my friends. But, I think it falls to us to see that justice is done aboard the Man's Promise. Tully lowered his voice even further. In the deepest hours of this night, just before dawn. Time is no longer our ally, gentlemen.

Sorry about the delay. Like Xanxan, I'm not getting updates about new posts, apparently.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)
Quote:
Tate? Are you sure?

The gnome nods and mutters "we knew he'd be trouble sooner or later."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Realizing that Callum and Tully may still be at loggerheads about this, he pulls out a coin, "Idea for us gents. Rather than squabble and debate till the seacows come home, why not this... one toss of a coin. One of you picks heads, the other tails...and we go with whichever plan Lady Luck blesses. What say ye?"


Male Human Sea Singer 1

He was in the water again. The shallows where he'd fought the reefclaws. It was another idyllic day. He floated lazily on his back, skin prickling from the salt and the heat of the bright, bright sun. A piece of the sun broke off and began a gentle descent down towards him, like a feather of fire and light. Slowly, ever so slowly, it took shape like an angel. <Why did she have Sandara's face, he wondered?> Her sword was glowing with heat and radiance like a shard of pure elemental flame. Then she brought the sword down. The blade struck his heart in an explosion of joy and awe and pain.

Tully's eyes opened. He reached for the holy symbol draped across his chest, lying against his heart. The memory of the pain faded quickly, as he reoriented himself to the world.

His instincts told him that it was the earliest hours of the morning, some little time before the sunrise or the morning bell. He slid silently out the hammock, using the faint light of the binnacle overhead to find his friends.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

One by one, he gently nudged them awake, his finger to his lips in a gesture of silence. He drew his rapier from its scabbard, nodding to the others as he slid silently towards the hammock where Fipps lay snoring. He glanced at the sap in Xanxan's hand before gesturing him towards Fipps' bunk. With only a slight grimace at the sight of Ko'ulu's trident, he nodded him towards where Jaundiced Jape lay. Pointing towards the other Rahadoumi, then the door, he offered Callum, Jirobo, and Tylos their choice of targets. He watched patiently as the others quietly moved into position.

For a moment, everything was still. He listened to the snores, and the creaking and grinding of the ship at sea. His fears were creeping up within him, as the moment approached.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sense Motive to see if anyone is faking sleep: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Tully will delay action, until everyone is in the position of their choice (the ones I indicated in my post were really just suggestions) and on the same initiative (so that we're acting simultaneously as much as possible in game terms).

With a look and a nod, the time had come... (Assuming everything is going to plan...)

Tully raised his rapier above his head, as he watched the others do the same. Then he brought the hilt down hard on Fipps' temple.

Hilt Bash - Coup de Grace: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (1) + 1 = 8 Non-lethal

Sorry:
I really just can't see what the delay is for. It's been almost two weeks (real time) since we came aboard the Man's Promise, and I'd just like to get the game moving forward. I really don't want to step on anyone's toes. I hope we win! =)


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos nods his head and moves over and quietly wakes Sandara and any of the others that were identified as friends of ours. We are taking the ship. Plugg has something planned for all of us and I'm sure it isn't good.

Moving off on his own he quietly casts Mage Armor on himself before returning to the others.

Memorized spells from the day before: Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Color Spray, Silent Image, Grease


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan wakes up quiet like, and is somewhat surprised when he sees that Tully is going to start this with or without the rest of them. Oh, Callum is going to love this. Still, can't let the lad die alone.

He eyes the sap he was given, and who Tully wants him to target. Sneaking over to Fipp, he brings the jack o black down on the fellow's head.

Can one use Coup De Grace rules for sapping? Do they fall into a coma instead of dying if they fail their fort check? :)

regardless.... assuming the sap is gnome sized

Sap damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
crit dmg from coup de grace 1d4 ⇒ 2
Rogue sneak attack dmg bonus 1d6 ⇒ 6


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo shivers with nerves as Tully wakes them up, motioning at others around the cabin while going over to whack the ever-loving heck out of Fipp. The tengu grabs the length of knarly wood that makes up his club as he shuffles quietly as possible over to one of the Rahadoumi sailors. Jirobo closes his eyes for a moment as he lines up the club with the side of the man's head. He opens his eyes just as he swings down hard, trying to stun and knockout the sailor in one go. He whispers as he does so, "So sorry."

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Club Attack, Nonlethal vs Rahadoumi (if required): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Club Damage, Nonlethal vs Rahadoumi: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Seeing Tully's eyes on him, Ko'ulu grins, his smile a flash of white in the gloom, then mimics stabbing Jape, enjoying the blanch on Tully's face.

Bare feet silent on the wooden deck, his chainmail jingling slightly with the motion of the ship, Ko'ulu passes the trident to his off hand, then rears back and punches Jape square on the temple.

And that ladies and gentleman, is why every fighter should take improved unarmed combat.

Unarmed:nonlethal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Nonlethal 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Nonlethal coup de grace 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Init:
Callum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Tylos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ko'ulu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Tully: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Xanxan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Jirobo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Tate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Plugg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Scourge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

It probably doesn't matter NOW, but Fip took an extra non lethal d6 from the sneak attack if you count Xanxan as level 3.

if needed though:
1d6 ⇒ 4


Taking some liberties for dramatic effect.

As you pummel the sailors in front of you into unconsciousness, you quickly turn to deal with the rest. You spin around to find that Sandara, Maheem and the rest have the other Rahadoumi held at sword point, their faces a mix of anger and confusion. Sandara gives you all a quick nod and a smile. We've got this lot handled. You go take care of that eel Plugg.

Moving quietly up the stairs to the main deck, the moon is bright and nearly full above you, illuminating the deck in a bright white light. As you spread out from the stairwell you see standing at the entrance to the captain's quarters are Tate, Scourge and Plugg, all with weapons drawn. The self-made captain gives you all an evil smile as he lazily twirls his cat-o'-nine-tails, the cutlass in his other hand firm and steady.

I think we all knew this day was approaching but I have to admit I honestly wasn't sure if any of you maggots had the stones. Well it's about time you were put in your place the way you should've been that first day out. The Promise is mine and you lot ain't fit to stride her decks!

Like a bubble popping, the quiet tension breaks and you rush at each other.

So the Init clumps will be:
- Plugg
- Xanxan, Jirobo, Ko'ulu
- Scourge, Tate
- Callum, Tylos, Tully

Map. I tried to make your placement dramatic but also somewhat natural. If anyone has a problem with where they start, feel free to let me know and I'll adjust it. This map already includes Plugg's Round 1 movement.

There is no surprise round, everyone knew this fight was long in the making. ;-) I'll have Plugg's action up shortly and then everyone post from there.

801 to 850 of 1,114 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.