Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


751 to 800 of 1,114 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

The sailors lash out at the group of you as they attempt to clear the way to the boats but not before one of them is dropped to the deck by Callum and Xanxan's blade.

Meanwhile the loan sailor confronting Ko'ulu slashes out at him with his sword.

1 sailor 5-foot steps up to Callum and then they all attack their respective targets.
Attack vs Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 6, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 14
Attack vs Callum: 1d20 ⇒ 2, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Attack vs Jirobo: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 68

Round update coming next.


As the pirates move forward, Callum and Xanxan manage to strike true despite the fog cloaking the ship and manage to drop one of the sailors between them. The rest of you aren't as lucky, your strikes and attacks going wide amongst the chaos.

The sailors are equally ineffective, their swings wide and reckless as they try to fend you off to escape the ship.

Tully, you scan the immediate area around the hold and while you still smell smoke and the air is full of it, you don't see the telltale flames of a ship engulfed. You're not sure exactly what is happening below decks but the heat and sound of a fire are missing. Rushing back up on to deck, you see your companions fighting off some more sailors.

Round 7 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 15/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R7(near Ko'ulu): HP 11/11, AC 14
R8: HP 11/11, AC 14
R9: HP -1/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R10: HP 11/11, AC 14

Updated Map.

Everyone please post your Round 7 actions.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Reminder to Jirobo and Xanxan (and Tylos if using a weapon): You guys get a +1 to hit and damage to the sailor that just attacked Jirobo (so the one directly to the left of Jirobo and below Xanxan on the map, not R10).

Callum smiles as the sailor's approaches and slashes the air. He then raises his cutlass, letting the blood of the sailor's companion drip from it. Callum then grips his blade in two hands and slashes down at his opponent.

Attack R10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, 20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Does that count for weapon like spells? I.e. those that require attack roles?


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully spun a full circle in the hold, finding nothing. There was no fire and no trace of the Captain.

I dislike this. Where there is smoke, there is fire... or powerful magic.

Suddenly, Callum and Xanxan shouted from the decks above him. A fight was engaged. Tully dashed back up the gangway to the crisis he could see.

One of the sailors was already cut down. My friends are quite skilled. I shouldn't have worried for them. Still, their duty is my duty. Tully stalked into the fray.

Move Action - 10 feet east, then 5 feet north east (flanking the sailor with Xanxan).
Standard Action - Hilt Bash: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Non-Lethal
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 32


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos looks around and keeps his composure. Seeing the fighting well in hand he decides to conserve his remaining spells for if they are of need later on. In so doing, he fires another globule of acid at the closest Rahadoumi.

Acid Splash, Ranged Touch attack (-4 for firing into melee)

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16

Damage

1d3 ⇒ 3

50% Miss Chance
1d100 ⇒ 99


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Callum Carnvegas wrote:
Reminder to Jirobo and Xanxan (and Tylos if using a weapon): You guys get a +1 to hit and damage to the sailor that just attacked Jirobo (so the one directly to the left of Jirobo and below Xanxan on the map, not R10).

Sounds dandy, Xanxan will go for that

Xanxan looks at the fellow, "I know, I know, you're asking yourself, Xanxan Gimblewabe? THE Xanxan Gimblewabe?" The gnome nods, "Tis true, it's me. Ye have no chance less ye surrender, give me a treasure chest of gold, or hand over the most attractive female family member you have so she might feed me pickles while fanning me." A pause, "Sorry, I've been at sea too long I fear. Ye know how it is."

He stabs at the fellow

To hit, bonuses counted in1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
if that hits, damage, bonuses in 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Fog check, 20% miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 100


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

The fog swirls away, clearing the deck where Ko'ulu and the sailor stand for the briefest of moments.

Miss? 1d100 ⇒ 57

"There you are. So you wasn't a trick in the fog." Ko'ulu says with a grin as he lunges forward.

Attack, power 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo takes the distraction of Xanxan's speech to sidestep behind the sailor and plunge his sword at the man's haunches, hopefully just to wound not kill. The sword seeks true and finds flesh.

5-foot step down and to the left so Xanxan and Jirobo are flanking this sailor.
Attack vs Sailor: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17
Damage vs Sailor: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 91


The sailor facing Ko'ulu swings his blade again, cursing at the pirate before him.

Attack vs Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 11, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Round update coming next.


You make quick work of the sailors making a break for the boat, dropping the last two men around you. There is still fighting throughout the ships but once again the wheel and boats are secure.

Ko'ulu swings wide against the sailor who likewise can't seem to connect, both men circling each other warily.

Perception check DC 18 is needed to determine that Ko'ulu is in combat. Otherwise the sound of it is lost amongst the general chaos and you can't pick his specific noise out.

Xanxan, it is a full round action and a DC 10 Profession saior OR Disable Device check, to disable one line of the boats and there are 2 per boat. You were interupted the first time and so made no progress. You need to disable both lines otherwise they could still be used to escape.

Round 8 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 15/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R7(near Ko'ulu): HP 11/11, AC 14
R8: HP 9/11 (3 nonlethal), AC 14 (Unconscious)
R9: HP -1/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R10: HP -2/11, AC 14 (Dying)

Updated Map

Everyone please post your Round 8 actions.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum wipes his blade on the fallen sailor before stepping to the second line. "Aye, I see now, I kin give ye some help in this Xanxan, te disable this boat. Ye continue on yer line, I be tryin' this one. Together we be makin' quick work o' it."

Full round action to disable other line on boat, so it can't be taken without a lot of effort to fix it, leaving the original line to Xanxan.
Profession (sailor) DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"Ye others best keep an eye open fer others o' these types what try to run te the boats like cowards, or ye can work the same on the other boat. But best one o' us keep an eye out fer trouble," he says squinting back at the group through the fog. "Say... where be Ko'ulu?"

Perception DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Heal Check to Stabilize R9: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

"Quickly, friends! These men are fleeing in fear for their lives! They don't deserve death!"

Callum wrote:
"Say... where be Ko'ulu?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"I've not seen him. I hope trouble has not found him..."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu scratches his nose with his free hand.

"You know, you aren't half bad. But you aren't half good either." Ko'ulu says as he weaves away from the sailors clumsy attack and pounces at him.

Miss? 1d100 ⇒ 38
Trident, power 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17
damage, power 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

"Good question," Xanxan says as he works at finishing the line, "I worry about Tigerman, he's tough, he's brave, but he can be stubborn, Besmara bless im"

Disable Device on this line 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"And someone really should tie any of the outcold fellows up. Least we need is one of them waking to cause trouble while our backs is turned."

Quote:
"Quickly, friends! These men are fleeing in fear for their lives! They don't deserve death!"

"Or keep the wounded alive as good hearted Tully does. You're a nice fellow, Tully. But folks, save any healing magics for ourselves. We may yet need it."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

With a flick of his blade, Jirobo expels the blood running down its steel length as he peers deeply into the fog bank. A familiar shape emerges from a brief break in the mists that sends the tengu to pointing in its direction, "I see Ko'ulu. He's fighting another sailor. Seems to be doing okay. He's up front." Afterward, he moves over to help Xanxan tinker with the lines that let the lifeboats drop down into the water below.

Perception Check (DC 18): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Profession(Sailor) (DC 10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Gonna give Tylos a little while longer but then I'll move on.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos stays put up on the stern deck and continues to watch his companions backs, ready to shout out a warning should he need to.

Sorry not much I can think to do at the moment so he'll basically hold action.


No worries. Figured that'd be the case but as a spellcaster you have more options than most so wanted to allow you the chance.

Update coming shortly.


The sailor facing Ko'ulu drops his sword and puts his hands over his head. As he does so, you all can hear a general quieting of the area around you before the sound of cheers fills the air. The fog quickly begins to dissipate and you can see that the Wormwood and her crew are victorious!

Those sailors that weren't killed or fled are marched across the plankings to the Wormwood and the rest of the crew including yourselves joins them. Harrigan comes across from the other ship, his arms coated in splashes of blood and a huge grin on his face. Well lads, I'd say we won! Seems only right we celebrate! A large roar erupted from the crew around you as they all cheered and raised fists in the air.

Harrigan moved off with the officers of the Wormwood to the stern deck while he ordered the crew to manacle all of the prisoners. Kroop, fetch the food and the drink! After you secure the prisioners, you lot enjoy yourselves! It was a hard fought day and one you'll be rewarded for! With another cheer, the crew finishes securing the prisoners and then begins to drink and make merry.

Kind of free form right now, you guys RP as much as you'd like and I'll keep things moving as necessary.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Any chance Xanxan could search the other ship before they cross over, and find some wine or something decent to drink?


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos cheers with the rest of the crew, feeling a bit exhilarated from the battle. As the revelry starts, Tylos gets up and begins a casting running through the battle again as he had seen it and replaying it with a large magical image for the crew. He embellishes greatly the daring and swordplay of the crew. The Captain near cuts his would be attacker in half. His companions make short work of their enemies. Xanxan, and Jirobo fighting in perfect synchronicity. Callum weaves around his opponent and runs him through. Ko'ulu is a terror, decapitating his opponent in a fountain of blood. Tully with a look of almost boredom on his face bashes a man across the face with his hilt, knocking him out cold. The perfect image of the Wormwood catching and capturing the Rahadoumi vessel and the ensuing battle roll across the deck. He manages to get most of the boarding party into the image in some fashion, whether true or not he makes them looks dashing and daring against their enemy. Tylos doesn't think the crew will mind a bit of license as long as he makes them look good and entertains them.

Spellcraft to entertain with Silent Image spell 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Xanxan: You aren't given the oppotunity to search the other ship. That being said, you can attempt to do it stealthily anyways, with the appropriate checks. Just be careful. ;-)


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Victory!" Callum roars with his cutlass above his head at the Wormwood victory, smiling at his companions. He then begins to bind the prisoners with the others before moving to join the revelry.

He raises an eyebrow as Tylos stands to make a performance and then cheers at his depiction of the battle through his magic. "Well done man! Ye got the bloody work done right what with the gushin' an' sprayin' an' all."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Xanxan slips aboard the other ship as quietly as he can. He's curious if nothing else. The party should offer a distraction as he crosses back over the planks

Stealth:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Acrobatics (Don't think he'll need it, but you never know): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception for traps:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Perception regular:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Disable Device (Locks): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Disable Device (traps): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

He seeks out the cargo hold of the other ship to find DECENT rum, brandy, or wine. The better to celebrate with his friends.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu whumps Tylos on the back, his face split with a huge grin.

"Not bad Fishy! Very good, but you made a mistake, I am much bigger in life than you showed in your pictures!" Ko'ulu thumps his chest, thudding on the leather armor, then walks of laughing, slapping some sailors on the back and causally insulting others.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully ripped strips off of the sailor's already ragged shirt. After an anxious moment, he was able to staunch the blood flow. He cinched the improvised bandages tight, relatively confident that the man would survive.

No one else had taken such steps, though. Sailors lay bleeding to death in the scuppers of the captured ship, as the silence of the battle's end fell across both ships.

Callum wrote:
Victory!
Captain Harrigan wrote:
Well lads, I'd say we won! Seems only right we celebrate! A large roar erupted from the crew around you as they all cheered and raised fists in the air.

But... but... men are suffering...?

Tylos began weaving a complex spell, and soon an illusory reenactment of the battle was playing itself out across the deck of the Wormwood. Everyone cheered even loudly as, in a particularly gruesome moment, the image showed Ko'ulu skewering a sailor through and through.

Tully secreted himself in a corner of the main deck, near the Captain's cabin. For once, he wasn't feeling like celebrating...


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Spying Tully off in a corner Ko'ulu changes his path, and makes his way through the crowd toward him.

He isn't celebrating...oh.

Ko'ulu takes a few steps up the stairs near the cabin, not acknowledging Tully's presence, then plunks down heavily.

"Ah. It's good to be alive. It's good that it is not my blood dripping off the deck to excite the sharks below. It's good that my friends survived. It is sad that others died, but it is good that I am alive for one more day. I think that I should thank the gods and my friends that I can drink with them one more day. I am hungry."

Ko'ulu gets up off the stairs, stretches and stomps back into the crowd, bellowing for roasted meat.


1d20 ⇒ 5


Xanxan manages to take a moment to himself on the other ship and check the holds. He doesn't have much time to himself but he does manage to grab a rather nice vintage from Ustalav, a dark red that sloshes invitingly.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Xanxan slips back over to the Wormwood with his prize coming back to join the celebration. To the others, he speaks low, "Hope I've not missed too much of the party. Anyone care for a touch of Ustalavan Red Wine?"


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum chuckles softly, "Now that's a ration I don' mind swiggin'. Cheers to ye Xanxan. Cheers to ye all lads."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Xanxan shares the wine with his friends and asks Callum, "Tully okay? He seems shaken. Lad's got a good heart. Some of those prisoners will owe their lives to him but to see his face, it's not enough to make him happy."


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Ko'ulu wrote:
"Ah. It's good to be alive. It's good that it is not my blood dripping off the deck to excite the sharks below. It's good that my friends survived. It is sad that others died, but it is good that I am alive for one more day. I think that I should thank the gods and my friends that I can drink with them one more day. I am hungry."

Tully clapped the big man on the shoulder. He gave him a weak smile. "I am glad that my friends escaped unscathed."

Xanxan wrote:
"Tully okay? He seems shaken. Lad's got a good heart. Some of those prisoners will owe their lives to him but to see his face, it's not enough to make him happy."

"Never fear, my friends. These tropical doldrums are always swept away by livelier weather in due time. It is a hard thing to take a man's life, even as he brandishes a blade.

Xanxan wrote:
"Anyone care for a touch of Ustalavan Red Wine?"

"The vintages of Ustalav tend to be headier, with too much fruit and berry overtones to suit my palate. They are fermented to stand up to heavily spiced Varisian cuisine. But, that... is a Palatinates Cotie du Rhone! Tully seized the cork from Callum's grasp. Holding it to his nose, he inhaled deeply, a dreamy expression clouding his face. "Canterwall... South of the Vistear Delta... light acidity... '73, I should think."

"Such a pity we didn't acquire this for the feast of the reefclaws! Normally, of course, I would never recommend a red with seafood. But, this Rhone is so light, that it would have paired admirably!


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Quote:
"Never fear, my friends. These tropical doldrums are always swept away by livelier weather in due time. It is a hard thing to take a man's life, even as he brandishes a blade.

The gnome smiles, "Eavesdropping on us is it? I've been a bad influence on you, Tully lad. Makes me proud."

Quote:

"The vintages of Ustalav tend to be headier, with too much fruit and berry overtones to suit my palate. They are fermented to stand up to heavily spiced Varisian cuisine. But, that... is a Palatinates Cotie du Rhone! Tully seized the cork from Callum's grasp. Holding it to his nose, he inhaled deeply, a dreamy expression clouding his face. "Canterwall... South of the Vistear Delta... light acidity... '73, I should think."

"Such a pity we didn't acquire this for the feast of the reefclaws! Normally, of course, I would never recommend a red with seafood. But, this Rhone is so light, that it would have paired admirably!"

Xanxan sees his face light up and his grin widens even more, "Hells bells, Tully. If I'd known all that about I'd have charged per cup. Speaking of cups, have some anyway. Ye deserve it. We all do. You fought well. I can still remember you lifting my spirits in that fog."

a lower whisper "And we learned a thing or two about the officers, eh? A sea witch o some sort among them."


During the evening everyone celebrates and as people down rum and food, Harrigan begins calling the crew forward for their share of the loot. People eagerly move forward for their shares and soon he calls all of your names. Moving forward he gives you all a serious look before waving you towards the chests before him.

You'll each receive your share of the coin, 150 marks of it! Additionally you managed to do your jobs with efficiency and skill so here's some libations and coin for a exemplary work. He nods his head slightly in Callum, Tylos and Xanxan's directions. The man was an easy kill but I certainly took note of your warning during the battle and it showed character. For that, you have my thanks and this. He pulls out an amulet of some sort and tosses it on top of the growing pile. And finally, for killing those mangy curs that fought back, you'll receive even more coin. I like folks who know their own mettle.

As the last of the spoils are put before you, Harrigan waves you off so as to pay the rest of the crew. You all gather the items and move off towards the front of the ship to take stock of your first true reward as a pirate.

Each PC individually receives 250gp. Additionally, the group receives another 150gp for killing some of the sailors, to be divided amongst yourselves as you see fit. Also, for seizing the wheel quickly (within 6 rounds) the group gets 3 potions of cure moderate wounds and 1 potion of invisibility. Lastly, for warning Harrigan about the sailor trying to attack him, the group receives an amulet of natural armor +1.

I'll give people some time to post any RP they want regarding reactions to the loot and also to determine amongst yourselves who is carrying what items of the treasure. Once I have a decent understanding of who's taking what, I'll update the game from there.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos partakes in a bit of the wine, savoring the vintage, it is nothing compared to Elven wine but pleasant nonetheless. When Xanxan mentions the officers he says A sea witch you say? Fascinating! I have heard they can curse a man just by looking at them. A dangerous thing to have on board I'd say if true. Of course I wonder if we could devise and experiment to test the range and functionality of such a thing. It might be possible to... ...and he begins rambling on about equations and ranges and metaphysical permutations required to test the hexing of a witch.

EDIT: He eventually shuts up as Captain Harrigan divides up the loot for the group. Nodding back to the Captain when his name is called he looks to the others when the dividing is done. The extra gold, should it be split evenly? I have not been among you for very long to suffer the hardships you have so I am fine with taking a lesser share should you wish it.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

Xanxan blinks as Tylos goes on, and tries to stay awake as it gets a bit heavy,"I meant one of the officers here, she can make the fog come. Might be a sea sorceress for all I know." then a bit of mischief in his eyes, "I mean, aren't you casting types pretty much the same?"

........

Quote:
You'll each receive your share of the coin, 150 marks of it! Additionally you managed to do your jobs with efficiency and skill so here's some libations and coin for a exemplary work. He nods his head slightly in Callum, Tylos and Xanxan's directions. The man was an easy kill but I certainly took note of your warning during the battle and it showed character. For that, you have my thanks and this. He pulls out an amulet of some sort and tosses it on top of the growing pile. And finally, for killing those mangy curs that fought back, you'll receive even more coin. I like folks who know their own mettle.

Well, blow me down. We got paid. Damn if I can figure the captain out.

"Aye Aye, Captain. Nothing like a good stretch of the legs at sea and a bit of scuffle to set the blood pumping.

Xanxan eyes the goods with glee.
.........
Once they are among themselves again...

Quote:
The extra gold, should it be split evenly? I have not been among you for very long to suffer the hardships you have so I am fine with taking a lesser share should you wish it.

Xanxan chuckles, "Don't tempt me, good elf. I think fair splits is the best way to keep anyone from resenting the others in the long run. Though I ain't sure of the potions and like."


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Aye, the Cap'n did make short work of that sailor. An' the blood what's on him bein not his own. Likes te get into the thick of it. A dangerous man, our captain, thinks Callum as he nots back to the captain upon receiving their share.

----

"Aye, an even split works fine fer me. We be all in it tegether. As fer them potions, with the one we got earlier that makes four cures. Makes sense them whats enjoys bein up close an' personal like holds on te one, while spares be on them whats mobile an' can get to any what's down te pour down the throat. I be thinkin, what with Jirobo havin' the capacity hisself, one each fer Tully, Xanxan, Ko'ulu, an' meself. That thar potion o' dissapearin' might be an assist either fer them whats good at sneakin or them what's not an' needs te be. Mayhap Xanxan can keep it in 'is pocket, lest anyone else gots a use fer it?"


Male Human Sea Singer 1
Callum Carnvegas wrote:
"Aye, an even split works fine fer me. We be all in it tegether. As fer them potions, with the one we got earlier that makes four cures. Makes sense them whats enjoys bein up close an' personal like holds on te one, while spares be on them whats mobile an' can get to any what's down te pour down the throat. I be thinkin, what with Jirobo havin' the capacity hisself, one each fer Tully, Xanxan, Ko'ulu, an' meself. That thar potion o' dissapearin' might be an assist either fer them whats good at sneakin or them what's not an' needs te be. Mayhap Xanxan can keep it in 'is pocket, lest anyone else gots a use fer it?"

"That seems to be a fair division of the spoils, in my opinion. This gaudy little trinket, however," Tully said as he retrieved the amulet from the pile, "should go to the one least likely to avoid trouble when it comes."

I think everyone has lower AC than Tully currently. So, I'm willing to pass on the amulet. ;)


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"We didn't get paid. This is just battle spoil divided among warriors. We still haven't gotten paid."

"I think the split and the potions sounds good. I could use the potion if a fight gets bad. Though I take most of my licks from the cat o'nine-tails..."


Gonna move us along shortly, feel free to use the Discussion tab to figure out who wants to use the Amulet of Nat Armor.

Ko'ulu:
If you have ranks in Prof sailor, you automatically have an understanding that this is how pirates are paid generally. Granted if your comments were more geared towards IC disgruntlement with the officers, that's another matter. Just making sure you weren't expecting something different.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)

"Tis said to be typical among pirates, Ko'Ulu... spoils as and lieu of payment, and I admit to being surprised..." he lowers his voice "But no spoils in the world is worth being poisoned nightly and whipped every afternoon. The Captain may or may not be generous, but we ain't even allowed to talk to him most wise. Real problem is two gentlemen by names of scourge and plugg. We got more resources, but there must be somewhat we can do to change our status permanent like."


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo picks over the pile of loot, parceling out an even share for himself of the coin, "I'm fine with just the shiny-shinies. Mother will be less angry with me whenever I get to return home now. I can buy many things from shops for her." The tengu slides the coins into his belt pouch while finishing nibbling down the last of the celebratory meal.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"I dare say, Ko'ulu, that yer skin will become tough as nails with all the lashin' ye get. I'm bettin ye'll have a layer o' scars what can be yer new armor. 'Till that happens, I be thinkin' ye may want te hold the bauble so ye can have a bit more protection than yer leather armor and scarred back. Lest any other got a need fer it."

He then leans in, "An' aye, Xanxan has 'er te rights. We can't speak much o' the cap'n, but thems whats with the officers, the Scourge and Plugg, they've a special place. Keep an eye open fer opportunity where it may. Mayhap an accident could be a happenin' on the next battle fer spoils. Any see where they posted, an' what they were up te? I expect they be havin the same tasks next time."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu nods his head, and claps Callum on the shoulder.

"I will remember your generosity Callum. Thank you."

I am going with the story that Ko'ulu was a small town fisherman. He knows his craft, but other than the typical horror stories about pirates, he doesn't know the ins and outs of how they do business. He keeps expecting them to behave like a normal ship and crew.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 17/27)
Quote:
Jirobo picks over the pile of loot, parceling out an even share for himself of the coin, "I'm fine with just the shiny-shinies. Mother will be less angry with me whenever I get to return home now. I can buy many things from shops for her." The tengu slides the coins into his belt pouch while finishing nibbling down the last of the celebratory meal.

"Ah, you're a good sonthere, Jirobo."

Quote:
He then leans in, "An' aye, Xanxan has 'er te rights. We can't speak much o' the cap'n, but thems whats with the officers, the Scourge and Plugg, they've a special place. Keep an eye open fer opportunity where it may. Mayhap an accident could be a happenin' on the next battle fer spoils. Any see where they posted, an' what they were up te? I expect they be havin the same tasks next time."

Xanxan smiles at the idea of what accidents could be 'arranged'. Then answers, "Truth, I don't know what Scourge and Plugg were up to. I can ask around see who was under what. Maybe Rosie saw something, or our good priestess of Besmara."


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Gentlemen, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to see how quickly I can return these spoils to the Captain by way of Mistress Grok. Any who wish to increase the ship's coffers by emptying her stores are welcome to join me, of course.

DMJ, if possible, can you post a total list of Grok's wares?


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos goes with Tully to see what the good Grok has for sale.

Sounds like a splendid plan Tully! Perhaps she has a few items that are a bit more...out of the ordinary.


Sorry for the delay, work's been stupid.

As you've made Grok Helpful, everyone is able to look through her wares and spend money as you desire. Let me know what you're buying and deduct the funds from your sheet as appropriate.

Grok's available loot:
  • random mundane goods off the goods/services chart worth 10gp or less (ask for something specific and I'll let you know if it's available)
  • starknife
  • 3 flasks of acid
  • 6 flasks of alchemist's fire
  • four sets of thieve's tools
  • 6 candles
  • potion of barkskin
  • potion of cure light wounds
  • potion of haste
  • MW climber's kit
  • disguise kit
  • 4 flasks of holy water
  • magnifying glass
  • set of manacles
  • 2 tanglefoot bags
  • MW light crossbow
  • 3 cutlasses
  • 31 daggers
  • 3 MW daggers
  • 43 MW darts
  • 4 saps
  • MW sap
  • 120 arrows
  • 20 MW arrows
  • 6 +1 arrows
  • 200 crossbow bolts
  • banded mail
  • breastplate
  • 2 chain shirts
  • MW leather
  • 3 studded leather
  • 12 bucklers
  • 2 MW bucklers
  • +1 dagger
  • +1 shortsword
  • MW warhammer
  • scrolls of cure moderate wounds, mage armor, magic missle, scorching ray, and summon swarm
  • wand of bless weapon (16 charges)

751 to 800 of 1,114 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.