Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


701 to 750 of 1,114 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan considers going deeper, but while Jirobo seems able to take care of himself, he's also the gnome's best friend. While the two warriors gang up on one fellow, the gnome stabs at the fellow Jirobo hit with the storm burst hoping to finish him off.

Flanking and Attacking R2 gnome racial and bard song added in
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Miss due to fog, 20% chance 1d100 ⇒ 81
Dmg if that hits, song bonus added in
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
flanking/sneak attack dmg
1d6 ⇒ 4


Callum, you would need the Acrobatics check, which you failed but since he can't take an AoO due to Stealth related falt-footed, it simply means your movement doesn't go off. Your attack is fine though.

Xanxan, you don't have flanking with anyone currently. You would need to move to get into flanking with someone, which would require an acrobatics check. You still hit him, you just won't get the bonus damage this turn. Sorry if the map is unclear.

Tylos, Readying an Action is technically a Standard action you take on your turn which then gives you the readied action later in the round. What this means is that you can't take another Standard action in the same turn. So by casting Acid Splash, you are not allowed to ready an action to use your Shift ability, even though the ability itself is not a Standard action. Make sense?

Opponent's actions coming shortly.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

No worries. 3 points is better than none and maybe the Tengu/Gnome team up is enough to take this guy down. :)


Three of the pirates drop under your assualt, some dead and some simply stunned, while the remaining three press their attacks. Two of them each try to push Callum and Tully over the sides respectively while the one with the crossbow drops his weapon and rushes down to Ko'ulu, drawing his short sword as he goes.

Tully, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your rapier is drawn, thus allowing you to take your AoO.
Tully AoO on R5: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 88, Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Callum AoO on R3: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 2, Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

R5 Bullrush vs Tully (potentially): 1d20 ⇒ 6, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 35
R3 Bullrush vs Callum (potentially): 1d20 ⇒ 2, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 61
R6 move action to melee with Ko'ulu.
Then R6 attack vs Ko'ulu: 1d20 ⇒ 12, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 78

Round update coming shortly.


The fighting is viscious and fast, the fog billowing and the sounds of battle and the cries of men floating on the air. In your isolated little corner of the chaos, you manage to make headway against the enemy sailors. Jirobo stuns one of the men with a burst of thunder and Xanxan quickly moves in and knocks the reeling man out cold to the deck.

Tylos send a blob of acid flying through the air but the fog throws his aim off and it flies wide to land in the ocean below. Ko'ulu stabs his trident into one of the men's guts, twisting the handle and causing the man to cry out.

Meanwhile Callum swings his blade in a terrifying arc and with one blow, separates the head from the body as a torrent of blood washes across the deck. Tully keeps himself dodging and manages to get off a slumber spell, causing one man to instantly drop to the deck asleep, his snores an odd counterpoint to the sounds of battle. Shrugging off the effect, the other pirate rushes at Tully to drive him over the side but catches his foot on his sleeping mate and simply bumps the bard.

The remaining two pirates rush to avenge their fallen companion, one trying but failing to drive Callum over the edge while the other manages to slice his sword acrss Ko'ulu's ribs, the blade scraping against bone.

Perception DC 10:
The fog shifts and blows around the deck and you suddenly spot Harrigan rushing towards the doors to the enemy Captain's quarters. As he moves you notice a Rahadooumi sailor sneaking up on him unawares, looking to plant a knife in his back.

Round 3 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 5/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R1: HP -3/11, AC ? (Dying)
R2: HP 8/11 (8 nonlethal), AC ? (Unconscious)
R3: HP 2/11, AC ?
R4: HP 11/11, AC ? (Asleep)
R5: HP 11/11, AC ?
R6: HP 11/11, AC ?

Map. The Green markings represent movement/placement for this round. I'll have a clean map posted in a few hours when I get home if you want/need to wait to have a better grasp of what's going on.

Everyone please post your Round 3 actions.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Xanxan sees the fog part just long enough to see the figure coming up behind Harrigan I've no love for the captain or how he runs his ship, but if he does Plugg and Scourge get promoted. To hells with that!

"Captain!" he shouts, "Rahadooumi blade at your aft!"


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

The cacophony of the battle waifs in and out of hearing as Jirobo squints past Xanxan, seeing several forms slump to the deck in unconsciousness. He vaguely makes out another form rushing down the stairs beyond the downed sailors as he calls for another fragment of the storm to roll down across the ship.

Storm Burst, Ranged Touch vs Sailor R5: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Storm Burst Damage, nonlethal: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
50% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 11


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"Enough. Surrender or die!, Ko'ulu snarls at the sailor who had just struck at him. Yanking his trident out of the guts of the sailor he had just felled, Ko'ulu piviots and drives foward with incredible force, slamming the weapon into the sailor's chest.

Foggy miss 20% 1d100 ⇒ 80
Thrust to the ribs, power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24
Ouch! 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

"Or just die then." Ko'ulu says, kicking the sailor off of the trident's tines.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"Callum, I think I need to step back and get patched up..." Ko'ulu says, pointing at the oozing gashes.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

At Xanxan's shout, Tylos looks over and sees the man about to knife the Captain. Not having the hatred of the man that the others seemed to from his brief stay he thinks, Well...better the devil you know... before shifting towards him and taking another step before muttering a few arcane phrases and unleashing a torrent of light and color towards the backstabber.

Shift and move 5 feet to the square two below Harrigan before casting Color Spray on the Rahadoumi. DC 16 Will save negates. (Durations if needed 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3, 1d4 ⇒ 4)


Updated Map. This is the most recent map, including Tylos's 5-foot shift. No one else indicated movement during Round 3 so far.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Might help if I posted an action instead of just screaming.

Xanxan makes his move towards the fellow on Tully, and stabs at him.

Going after R5 I think. Bonuses still apply.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage if that hits
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

acrobatics to help flank
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Not sure flanking would apply here but if I can...
1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Quote:
"Captain!" he shouts, "Rahadooumi blade at your aft!"

The blades are all around, good Xanxan! You men, there! Throw them down and you will be spared!

Tully dropped back from the assault, holding his side where a crossbow bolt still quivered painfully. The soft, chanting melody rose into a piercing shriek that caused everyone around to wince.

Maintain Inspire Courage (3 Rounds used)
5-Foot Step West - Cast Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 14)
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 + dazed for 1 round


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Xanxan wrote:
"Captain! Rahadooumi blade at your aft!"

Perception DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Captain!" Callum shouts seeing the sailor moving to attack Harrigan unawares. Conflicted, he growls in frustration. Ko'ulu is injured an' might not be able to hold on 'is own. Seeing Tylos' blast of color across the scalywag, Callum was forced to hope Xanxan's warning and Tylos' spell were enough to save his Captain. Turning to the remaining nearby sailor, he scowls, "No quarter! You fall next!" Callum then grabs his cutlass with both hands and slashes it down.

Move action for Freebooter's Bane on R6. Allies gain +1 to hit and damage against that one.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 13, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9


Will save vs Tylos: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Fort save vs Tully: 1d20 ⇒ 5


The man facing Ko'ulu dies at his trident. The man next to him rushes at Callum again, trying to dump him over the side.

The remaining sailor near Xanxan clutches his head in agony and does nothing.

Callum AoO on R3: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 54, Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 6

R3 Bullrush vs Callum (potentially): 1d20 ⇒ 10, 20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Round update next.


Xanxan's and Callum's shout grab the captains attention and he spins to face the man sneaking up on him. Tylos's spell slams into the sailor and Harrigan simply laughs as he moves almost too fast to see, his blade disembowling the man in one blow. As the fog rolls back in to conceal him, he meets the three of your gazes and gives a quick nod before disappearing back into the fog.

Turning back to your own problems, Callum and Xanxan move to attack the remaining sailors keeping you from securing the ship's wheel. Callum swings a little too wide in his attempt but when the sailor tries to rush him over the side again he's ready, cutting his cutlass through the man's leg. Arterial blood flows as he drops to the deck. Ko'ulu wastes no time himself, his trident nearly lifting the other man from the deck with the strength of the blow.

Xanxan dodges around the last sailor, his blade cutting into the man's calf. Jirobo attempts to hurl a piece of storm at the man but he see's the attack coming and braces himself against the ship. It does nothing though to help prepare him for Tully's sudden vocal blast and the man throws his hands to his ears, trying to stop the ringing in his head.

Round 4 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 5/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R1: HP -3/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R2: HP 8/11 (8 nonlethal), AC 14 (Unconscious)
R3: HP -4/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R4: HP 11/11, AC 14 (Asleep)
R5: HP 4/11, AC 14 (Dazed)
R6: HP -3/11, AC 14 (Dying)

Updated Map. Crude paint version from work again, let me know if you have questions.

Please post your Round 4 actions now. Currently the only pirate still up on his feet, although dazed, is R5. All the others are either dead or dropped. You aren't able to see any other pirates in the area of the ship's wheel.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Three times I've asked you to surrender! Now, your mates lie dying, your ship is fallen, and you stand alone! This must not continue! Surrender, please!

Diplomacy - VP (Oratory): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

End Inspire Courage (3 rounds used)
5-Foot Step (back to original position) - Disarm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Edit: Ugh. Well that was awful...


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos hurls another globule of acid from his outstretched hand at the upright Rahadoumi.

Acid splash on R5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3

50% miss 1d100 ⇒ 81


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Mercy is it, Mister Tully? Don't sound too piratey to me, but I suppose we'd want the same were positions reversed."

Rather than stab the man with the point of his rapier, the gnome takes a riskier shot trying to mash the fellow with the hilt of it.

Big apologies. I forgot my fog check last round. I think the 'blows around the deck' in the perception check had me thinking it ended.

To hit using rapier with non lethal, -4 for that counted in. Bonuses also counted so...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
If fog still up, 20% chance to miss in melee
1d100 ⇒ 5
Non lethal damage if it hits, bardic bonus in
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"We can take you alive, or take you dead. Tis your choice."
Intimidate
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum moves swiftly onto the aft deck to make sure the area is clear of enemies, before turning and reaching out to the wheel. He pauses, his fingers feeling the grain of the wood, before turning to the remaining sailor.

"Ye've been asked te surrender. I care not a bit, if ye do, but ye got a choice... Ye can surrender an' accept the tender mercies o' our Cap'n...," Callum said, indicating Harrigan who had swiftly and brutally dispatched the sailor that had snuck up on him, "ye can hop in the drink and pray te Besmara fer yer safety... an' yer final choice... we cut ye a little an' then throw ye in the drink te fend with the wolves. Ye best choose right quick as I got no patience fer it. If ye want my advice, I suggest ye choose the option what gets ye cut and swimmin'," he finishes with a cruel smile.

Intimidate DC 10+HD+Wis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

EDIT: Ninja-intimidated!


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Holding his wound on his arm, Ko'ulu peers into the fog.

Seeing Callum move up the stairs, Ko'ulu grins and follows into the swirling fog, looking for any new opponents, his weapon at the ready.

"If there are none left standing up here, do we go below deck?" he asks Callum.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Once more into the fray, Jirobo calls forth more storm fury that he unleashes on the last man left standing on their side of the ship.

Another Storm Burst on R5.
Ranged Touch vs R5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Storm Burst damage, nonlethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
50% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 57


The last sailor near you looks about dazedly as some of you order him to surrender. Suddenly a globe of acid bursts across his chest, sizzling the skin beneath. Almost as quickly, a low thunderclap pops next to his head and his eyes cross as he slumps to the deck.

With the last man down for the immediate future, you've managed to take control of the ship's wheel deck.

Suddenly a loud explosion sounds somewhere deeper in the ship. The deck shifts under you briefly but then settles back down. The fog still envelopes the ship entirely and you can hear the sounds of fighting throughout but you've secured this small area around you.

Round 5 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 5/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R1: HP -3/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R2: HP 8/11 (8 nonlethal), AC 14 (Unconscious)
R3: HP -4/11, AC 14 (Dying)
R4: HP 11/11, AC 14 (Asleep)
R5: HP 1/11 (5 nonlethal), AC 14 (Unconscious)
R6: HP -3/11, AC 14 (Dying)

Please post your Round 5 actions now.


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"Birdy? Can you heal me? I want to head below deck and see what is happening." Ko'ulu asks.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo hears Ko'ulu calling out in the fog as he starts to stumble about in that direction. Once he finds the tribesman, the tengu whispers to the winds as he swipes his hand over Ko'ulu's wounds, "Don't go below, friend Ko'ulu. We were told to hold this spot. Plugg and Captain could be mighty angry if we don't follow battle plan."

Moving to Ko'ulu and casting CLW.
Cure Light Wounds vs Ko'ulu: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

"Aye, we hold the wheel an' guard the boats. Stay at our posts an' we don' risk a flayin', an' we might get a bit o' pay fer our efforts."

Callum slides his hand along the wheel, almost caressing it, before grabbing the wheel-line and expertly locking the wheel in position with one hand.

"Them what's hurtin too much, or have good ways o' hittin from afar, man the the steps te this deck," Callum says, indicating the set of stairs on either side of the wheel. "Others stand by the boats te keep them scalywags what are cowards from makin' off with a piece o' the prize. I be thinkin' the starboard side, bein' away from the Wormwood, be the most likely locale, but we need te man 'em both." He then moves towards the stairs he had so recently mounted heading down to guard the lower stairs and the nearby boat.

Before heading back down, he pauses, looking back. "Xanxan, or any o' ye, if ye can think o' a way te disable them boat lines te keep em from bein' used fer fleein', in the short term mind, we'll want 'em workin' again, it may be a help too," he finishes before moving into the fog.

Moving down to pretty much where Callum was on the last map.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Query: Is there an opening somewhere at the level of the landing, or is there just one off the main deck, where the Captain went?


Just the one off the main deck that Harrigan went into.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:
Before heading back down, he pauses, looking back. "Xanxan, or any o' ye, if ye can think o' a way te disable them boat lines te keep em from bein' used fer fleein', in the short term mind, we'll want 'em workin' again, it may be a help too," he finishes before moving into the fog.

"I'll give her a go," Xanxan says "But while I do that, will one of the rest of you disarm those that ain't dead and make sure that when they come to, they're bound fast? Use their clothes if you can't find rope."

He moves to temporarily disable the boatlines for fleeing purposes. as requested.

Disable Device or Profession Sailor? I'll roll both.

Disable Device
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Profession Sailor
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

And, of course, the almost obligatory sneaking (Stealth) through the fog.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"Thank you Birdy, I feel like I can take on a shark now."

Ko'ulu moves to the railing, looking for lines running to the rigging. Finding one he puts his hand on it and looks up, into the swirling fog, looking and feeling for movement.

Profession, sailor, trying to see if the lines are just moving with the wind or if someone is up there moving around and jerking lines when they step on them. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Ko'ulu grunts and moves forward to stand next to Callum.

"I am going to check the rest of the deck. I don't like this fog...it gives them the chance to get together and rush us...I don't know if we could stop them from dropping a boat if they did."

Ko'ulu slinks towards the bow, eyes and ears searching for threats.

Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Sea Singer 1
DM wrote:
Suddenly a loud explosion sounds somewhere deeper in the ship.

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Much good holding the wheel will do us, if they sink the ship around us!

Tully moves to the hatch over the hold trying to peer through the gloom and fog.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Random rolls to scare the PC's:
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d8 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 3
1d12 ⇒ 10
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d4 ⇒ 3

Ko'ulu:
Taking a quick second to feel the movements of the ropes on the ship, you don't feel any indication that someone might be moving around above you in the rigging. It's most likely just the wind.

Moving into the fog, you quickly lose sight of your companions. The sound of combat revereberates around you on the clouds and it's hard to tell where it might be coming from although you know there is fighting going on ahead of you.

Tully:
You don't see anything through the hatch, with the darkness of the holds growing darker due to the fog around you. You can smell smoke, most directly coming from below but also drifting around you as well.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Smoke? Smoke!

We are aflame! Friends, forget the orders! Both ships are in jeopardy!

Tully plunged into the tween decks.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos heads up onto the wheel deck and keeps an eye out for more pirates. When Tully screams about fire Tylos thinks for a moment before saying If the fire was that severe we would be seeing sailors fleeing the ship. Once we see that...then we know there is an issue. By all means if you wish to go below then do so but I will stay here until I know otherwise.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully will move down into the hold.
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu hears Tully call out from behind him, but cannot make out the words over the sound of battle. He grunts and continues towards the bow, looking for the enemy.


Update coming shortly.


Actually gonna wait till I get home so I can provide an accurate map when I post as I don't want anyone to be confused. So update will be posted in a couple of hours.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Jonasty you could try roll20 and then just do screenshots like you normally do. Might help in the future at least. I am having such a blast with this campaign btw.


1d100 ⇒ 79


Some of you consolidate around the boats and wheel, Xanxan beginning the process of sabotaging the boatlines to prevent people from fleeing. Ko'ulu moves towards the front of the ship where he can here fighting taking place.

Tully, smelling smoke in the hold rushes down the stairs trying to determine if the ship is already sunk or not.

Suddenly out of the fog, three sailors rush towards Xanxan. They don't seem to notice the gnome in their haste, looking more to flee in the longboat. Still they are quick to move to the attack once they notice.

As Ko'ulu moves closer, a lone sailor comes moving out of the fog and prepares to swing his sword at him.

Tully, Perception DC 15:
While the sounds of battle are still loud and all around you, you notice the sound of your companions voices amongst them and realize that things might have heated back up on the main deck.

Round 6 Status:
Young Tully: HP 11/16, AC 18
Ko'ulu: HP 15/17, AC 14
Xanxan Gimblewabe: HP 15/15, AC 16
Tylos Vielent: HP 10/10, AC 12 (currently 16 with Mage Armor)
Callum Carnvegas: HP 20/20, AC 15
Jirobo the Storm Crow: HP 15/15, AC 15
R7(near Ko'ulu): HP 11/11, AC 14
R8: HP 11/11, AC 14
R9: HP 11/11, AC 14
R10: HP 11/11, AC 14

Updated Map. Tully: Please note that your marker on the map is only indicative of where you went down into the hold, you're not actually right there.

Same init as before, so everyone please post your Round 6 actions and then I'll have the sailors go.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Perception Check to search the hold: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Perception Check to hear the noise of battle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Tully took a searching glance around the interior of the hold.

If there's no inferno, Tully's also seeking signs of the Captain.

If there's nothing important to see:
Tully spun at the cries of his comrades. Fire aboard ship terrified him, but not nearly so much as abandoning his fellows in deadly combat. He dashed back up the stairway and back to the fight.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

The gnome sees THREE men come up on him, Three on one? And I no warrior. I could die. He grins, What an experience THAT could be! and announces loudly, "Too late, ye scurvy dogs! The long boat no longer be working. Now, surrender or taste the blade of Xanxan Gimblewabe, scourge of the waves!" There, loud and hopefully my mates heard my need for help and maybe fool them a wee bit.

Bluff if he hasn't finished sabatoguing the boat to make them think it IS already useless. If he has finished it, then the bluff is to make them think he's a legend... I know, I know, good luck on THAT.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Even as he speaks he thrusts at the first one to approach him, keeping his guard up.

Fighting Defensively, -4 to hit (Counted in) +2 to AC. I'm assuming the benefit from Tully's ability is long gone
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

"You know mate, that was not smart OR very friendly.", Ko'ulu says, grinning as he steps past the sailor's first swing and lunges at him with his trident.

Miss? 1d100 ⇒ 5

The fog suddenly swirls, and Ko'ulu realizes he was lunging at a shadow in the gloom.

"What the...where did you go?", he asks, turning about, looking for the sailor.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Oops. I forgot the fog roll. That could kill an otherwise good strike. here goes.

Fog Roll, 20%1d100 ⇒ 33


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum looks to the fleeing sailors. "Cowards ye be, and as cowards ye die!" pointing his cutlass at each of them, letting it linger on the last. "An' I think me friends will want a piece o' yer flesh."

He then steps down onto the deck and, holding his cutlass in both hands, slashes at the sailor in front of him.

Move action for Freebooter's Bane on R-sailor by Jirobo and Xanxan. All allies currently within 30ft of Callum (so Jirobo, Xanxan, and Tylos) now gain +1 to hit and damage against that target.
5-foot step beside Xanxan on deck.
Attack on R-sailor in the middle of their group (the one SE of R10 and not the one with FB on it)
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, 20% miss chance: 1d200 ⇒ 68
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Callum mentioned a possible critical hit. Sorry to split the posts up into three, but I can't go back and edit earlier ones so if a check to see if it is critical is still allowed. Same mods as before

To confirm Crit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
If crit: 1d4 ⇒ 1


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

As the sailors suddenly appear from the fog and almost bowl over Xanxan in their hurry toward the escape boat, Jirobo strikes out with his sword blade at the closest enemy to him, "You leave my friend alone!"

Attacking the sailor right in front of me.
Wakizashi vs Sailor (R?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Wakizashi damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 20


Tylos fires another globule of acid at the closest sailor to him.

Ranged touch with Acid Splash

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Damage

1d3 ⇒ 3

Miss chance

1d100 ⇒ 49

...and I double miss lol.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Crap sorry about wrong avatar.

701 to 750 of 1,114 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.