Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


551 to 600 of 1,114 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

So no lair for the reefclaws?


Not any central lair of sorts no. You find some larger hollows in the reef where they probably lived but there's nothing of interest in them.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan nods to Jak, "Not sure we thanked you for the help you gave either, lad. Brave as a pickle under a knife you are." he compliments then a smile to the others, "In fact, we've all done fine. Maybe we can get some healing when we get to the ship."

Taking 10 on swim, which with his str 7 swim skill is reduced to plus 0 and so it makes 10 barely


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum looks around at the group to make sure of their ability to return to the ship. As it seems they should be able to make it with a little effort and no risk, he starts back to the ship.

Taking 10. 10 + 8 = 18
Looks like everyone can make the 10s even with the strength damage. Xanxan, I think you'd still have a +3 on your swim since 7 strength is only a -2.


I'll trust Callum's word and it saves me from having to do the research myself lol. I'll have the next update posted shortly.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo grabs a pot and drags it and a reefclaw toward the ship after everyone else.

Taking 10: 10 + 212 = 222


Even with some of you moving stiffly from the poison in your veins, you manage to make it back to the ship with little trouble. As you clamber aboard, members of the crew help haul up the full pots. Dumping the catch, Kroop begins stuffing crabs into pots for later boiling that evening. At sight of the reefclaws he grabs a cutlass from one of the crew and quickly chops the claws free before kicking the rest of the carcasses over the rails. He looks at the group of you with a laugh. Reefclaw pincers are a delicacy, cap'n'll be happy tonight. Although next time just take the claws, it'll make it easier for you to haul.

The job of crabbing has earned you all a reprieve from the daily jobs your used to and you use it to full advantage, enjoying the weather and nursing your wounds. Calvin moves off towards the main hold, muttering to himself and seeming more lost in his own mind than usual. Calvin has entered NPC status at this point. And yes, he can be considered helpful.

There are no ship jobs for the day. You may all however take a Day Time Ship action if you like while resting. Obviously Work Dilligently isn't really an option lol. Once everyone has posted, either a day time action or confirmation that they're not taking one, I'll update from there.


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Jirobo ruffles his wet feathers, absently preening them to get the proper oils back on them while he goes over to examine the worst of his friends. The reefclaws appear to have done a severe number on Xanxan and Tully so the tengu whispers to the wind to breathe cool relief into their jagged claw wounds.

Cure Light Wounds on Xanxan: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cure Light Wounds on Tully: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
And I'll save the last just in case we need it tonight for any whippings.

Afteward, Jirobo tries to not appear too slacking for the day but does take it easy as he strikes up a conversation with a fellow swab, Tilly. "Friend Tilly, you hear the one about the mouse and the cat? One foggy night a mother mouse and children climbed off of a boat and were on the wharf searching for food. One of the offspring was suddenly confronted by a large Tomcat from a nearby ship. The mother ran to the defense and started barking and growling like a huge dog. The cat, not knowing what to make of things, ran off into the mist. She gathered her children and told them: 'Now you understand the importance of a second language!'"

Diplomacy on Tilly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully used the buoyancy of the crab pots to help him float easily, while he watched Ko'ulu dive down again and again, each time resurfacing bearing a broad smile and a large crab. He made an easy stroke back to the Wormwood, nursing injuries inflicted by the reefclaws.

Swim Check - Take 10

Tully stood on deck, stripped to the waist, using a bight of old sailcloth to chafe dry the parts not given free play to the wind. As he struggled back into his doublet, he spied Slippery Syl approaching from the companionway. Tully fell into step beside her.

Mistress Lonegan, please allow me to apologize for the cavalier manner in which I dragged you upon our improvised dance floor, last night. That was quite unbecoming of me. Please know, that in the future, it shall give me the greatest pleasure if you should consent to give me the honor of partnering you in another dance. Tully gave her a slight bow.

Influence Action - VP (Oratory) + Fight + Entertain: 1d20 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 6 = 33

Edit - Forgot this: Sense Motive (Angle) - VP(Oratory): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Corrected in Influence.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Ah bless you, Jirobo," The gnome says wearily. "if you'll pardon me, I think I'll see if I can find Miss Quinn. Maybe she can give me some of my strength back. I do NOT want to face the bilges in the morn like this. Well, truth, I don't want to face the bilges period, but this would make it worse if I get the damned things again."

Xanxan will go seek out the lovely lady


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Grinning and dripping wet, his trident matted with gore and slime, Ko'ulu heads over to Plugg.

"Brought them all back, we did! It was a fine day for fishing Mister Plugg! The reefclaw tried to put up a fight, thinking that we were good to eat, they didn't know we had such big teeth! Thank you for sending us out." he says, grinning from ear to ear.

"We are going to eat well tonight!" he adds as he turns away and heads below decks to clean and sharpen the trident and dagger, and wash the armor clean of salt and oil it before putting it back on. That done he heads to find Jak.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Kroop wrote:
Reefclaw pincers are a delicacy, cap'n'll be happy tonight. Although next time just take the claws, it'll make it easier for you to haul.

"Oh, aye, tha' was the plan. Gettin' te good stuff whats fer eatin'," Callum said. Damnit. Not poisonous. Ah well, at least it's good eatin'.

With the free time remaining, Callum looked around a bit and noticed Shivikah looking over at Ko'ulu as she was scrubbing the deck. With a small chuckle, Callum moves over to help out and strikes up a conversation.

"Aye, there'll be good eatin' tonight. I must say, though, I done takin the easy way out with them reefclaw, them bein' layin' dead on the top o' the sea. Tha' man there," he said nodding over at... "Ko'ulu. Well, he done all the divin' fer the crabs. No better swimmer I done seen yet. An' that were after he took a hit from one o' them creatures. Poison coursin' his veins an' he still swims like a fish."

Angle - Diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Influence - Diplomacy DC 15+CHA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


The day progresses and everyone seems to be in good spirits as the day winds down. Fresh crab and reefclaw on the menu for the evening has everyone in a better mood. You each spend time with the various members of the crew, a crew you now have fully come to be a part of it seems. The food is served, along with a generous helping of rum, and everyone digs in.

You all look up with a start as the captain himself approaches. Reaching down to his belt, he unclips a small vial and tosses it into Tully's lap. Good job on the reefclaw. He doesn't say anything else as he moves back to his chair to continue eating.

The joyous mood is only slightly sullied as bloody hour comes, some of the crew apparently not performing as well as expected. Callum and a few others are brought up for spilling their rum. Then Ko'ulu is brought up and tied to the post yet again. Scourge laughs darkly. You just love the taste of the whip, don't you savage?

Whip rolls, 1 is an auto miss.
Callum 1: 1d20 ⇒ 12, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
Callum 2: 1d20 ⇒ 19, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
Callum 3: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
Callum 4: 1d20 ⇒ 7, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal
Callum 5: 1d20 ⇒ 8, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Callum 6: 1d20 ⇒ 13, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 1: 1d20 ⇒ 7, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 2: 1d20 ⇒ 9, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 3: 1d20 ⇒ 1, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 4: 1d20 ⇒ 13, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 5: 1d20 ⇒ 18, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 nonlethal
Ko'ulu 6: 1d20 ⇒ 5, Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 nonlethal

After this, many of the crew quickly down their rum. Some of you notice a few try to dump it and some seem to get away with it but some will be receiving whippings tomorrow.

Rum rolls for those that drink:
Callum: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 6 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Xanxan: +1d4 ⇒ 1 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 2 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Ko'ulu: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 4 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Jirobo: +1d4 ⇒ 4 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 2 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Tully: +1d4 ⇒ 3 to Cha and Fatigued for 1d8 ⇒ 8 hours, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage, Fort save DC 5 to avoid addiction 1d20 ⇒ 17

As the final whippings are finished but before people begin to disperse, Ratline's voice suddenly calls down from the crows nest. Man overboard! At his voice, everyone able rushes to the rails trying to spot the person. Yet as the ship turns and the figure comes into view, you're all greeted not with a member of the crew fallen into the sea but with a much stranger sight.

Bobbing in the water is a large barrel, like the ones used to store the rum or water down below. Strapped to the barrel, arms and ankles bound above and below so he's spread-eagle face up, is a stark naked elven man. His delicate skin is a deep burned red from the sun and his skin looks dried and blistered from a lack of water.

Harrigan quickly orders the crew to haul the man aboard. The barrel is pulled from the water and as it rises you see that another chord is wrapped around the man's ankle, tied to a small waterproof bag. As they touch the deck, Grok grabs the bag and rifles through it. She calls out to Harrigan. Not much here Cap'n but I'll see to it. With a look and a wink toward Tully and Xanxan, she steps back into the crowd.

Harrigan's voice calls out from the bridge with a laugh. Today is just turning into a fortunate day for me all round. Either I've aquired a new crew member or another barrel for storage. We'll see if he lasts the night.

Sandara moves forward and puts a hand on the man, murmuring a prayer to Besmara. She calls up to the captain. Seems he'll live Cap'n Harrigan. He nods to her and moves off to his cabin. Plugg steps forward. Alright, well excitement's over. Get him squared away and see to it he knows the rules for tomorrow otherwise he'll wish he was back in the water.

Alrighty, lots going on. I've updated the campaign tab with Jirobo's previous healings and then the whippings. Make sure to check it to see if you're awake for the evening or not.

Additionally, everyone welcome Tylos Vielent to the group. Not a glorious start to his pirate career but whose was. ;-) Sandara used Stabilize on him so he won't be dying but he's not in good shape.

Those of you conscious and able, please post your Night Time Ship action(s).


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully turned and looked out at the calm sea. Nothing he did could block out the hideous swish and crack of the whip, but he didn't have to watch it. The punishments were getting worse. If the trend continued, someone was certain to be killed.

Despite this, he was never going to touch the foul rum again. Punishment or no...

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Ratline wrote:
Man overboard!

The elf they pulled up on to the deck was in a bad state. Sandara rushed to his aid, pouring healing magic into him. How fortunate this crew is to have her!

Dinner might have been delicious. It passed almost unnoticed by Tully, his thoughts lost in the commotion of the day. A pair of heavy boots interrupted Tully's train of thought. He nearly fell over when he glanced up to see Captain Harrigan looming above him.

Captain Harrigan wrote:
Reaching down to his belt, he unclips a small vial and tosses it into Tully's lap. Good job on the reefclaw.

Tully's jaw hung wide open, and he sat speechless, as the Captain made his way back to his chair. He held the vial up to his eyes. There was powerful curative magic within. His first thought was for his friends, beaten to unconsciousness by Scourge. Then he thought of the poor sunburned elf, nearly at death's door. But, he knew the lashings would be largely healed up by morning, and Sandara had assured them that the elf would survive.

This may be necessary for the day survival isn't so certain.

Everyone:
If anyone wants the potion, let me know. With the loss of Calvin, I'll definitely be adding some healing magic to my repertoire at the first opportunity (I was going for more utility, while we had two healers in the group).

Mistress Bansion! Tully called out to the lady passing by. A moment of your time, he bowed low over her hand. I cannot express the genuine pleasure it gave me, that you were so generous as to partner me in last night's dance. It seems that I am an uncouth clod amongst the cream of grace and elegance aboard this ship.

[ooc]Influence Action - VP(Oratory) + lots o' bonuses: 1d20 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 6 = 19


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

As Callum is brought to the whipping post he mutters with a smirk, "Me? Spill rum? Nay... T'was Tate what pissed himself."

The whip lashes across his back and he collapses against the post on the fifth stroke, the last stroke uneccesary but still draws a bloody line across his back. Once he was untied he collapsed to the deck, unconscious and thus missing the spectacle with the arrival of a new crewmate.

On CMW potions:
My suggestion would be to save the potion for when we really need it. Tully might as well hold onto it until he gets those healing magics. Maybe keep mobile and pour it down someone's throat as needed (i.e. folks down and dying while nowhere near Jirobo or Sandara, or when both are tapped out). If the accursed thing is still around when you get a heal spell, we can discuss again.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan finds his love of food deeply dimmed when the bloody hour is upon them, Gods... I hate Scourge so much. There's got to be some way to end the man.

As usual, he tries to sneak the rum away.

stealth
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Dinner was great, but Xanxan doesn't eat as much as he could. He has a plan. Saving a bit of it for later.

Then the voice calls out 'Man Overboard' and the gnome races to the side.
The elf looks bad, real bad, but fortunately Miss Quinn is on the job.

Quote:
Not much here Cap'n but I'll see to it. With a look and a wink toward Tully and Xanxan, she steps back into the crowd.

A subtle wink back. Don't know who this elf is, but new blood is welcome here if he can be swayed to our side.

Later...

Sitting next to Jaundiced Jape, he offers the ugly mute swab his extra, "All that toxin in me veins I can barely keep even this fine grub down. Yours if ye like."

Night Action, Influence Jaundiced Jape, and yeah, using Charmer with my diplomacy so best out of the two rolls. He's hostile but I believe I get a +2 on all rolls so counting that in

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

After a day of relative ease in return for crabbing and slaying those nasty reefclaws, Jirobo enjoys the delicious meal that evening. He eats with an appetite, watching the others likewise relish the food. The rum is handed out in full force today but Jirobo takes a moment to pour it over the side of the ship when no-one is looking.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The good mood of the meal is soon overshadowed by Bloody Hour. The tengu winces with each lash that Callum and Ko'ulu endure before they slump unconscious to the deck. Jirobo shuffles over to tend to the injured men when the call of body sighted overboard draws his attention to the waters. When the thin elven man is dragged up on deck and Sandara keeps him from passing into the next life, Jirobo hops over to the elf, who is clearly suffering serious dehydration from being at sea for any length of time, examining to see if the fellow will pull back toward the world of the living.

He glances at Callum and Ko'ulu's slumped forms and has a moment of crisis. They were fine if only passed out from the sheer pain of the whippings. A few hours rest and they would be back up and hobbling around. The elf on the other hand, while no longer making an appointment with Lady Death, was still in even worst shape. After a few moments of looking back and forth, Jirobo shakes his head and whispers softly to the winds over Tylos' body. He touches the elf gently on the chest and throat, working the worst of the damage away by pouring positive energy into it.

Cure Light Wounds on Tylos: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

DMJ let me know whenever is a good time for me to wake up.

...the voices again...just let me die already...can't you see I am beaten... A slight groan escapes from the elf's lips before he subsides back into unconsciousness.

The elf is extremely thin, almost emaciated. It is obvious from his bleeding cracked lips and burnt peeling skin that he is extremely dehydrated and has probably been drifting for days. Long blonde hair, stiff with salt, falls around his shoulders. Clutched in an iron grip in his left hand is a small carving of a fish that looks very old. When his eyes flutter as a slight tremor shakes him you see his eyes are a brilliant sea foam green. His hands are slender with ling fingers that look more suited to holding a pen than hauling a rope.


2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

Tully and Xanxan do their best to win over some of the remaining crew to their side but their words seem to fall on indifferent ears. Jape takes the extra rum, downs it in one swallow and walks off without a second glance. Bansion looks at Tully and his sweet words with disdain. I know what men like you want with your sweet words. Keep walking youngster.

Towards morning, Tully and Xanxan watch as Sandara moves quietly over to be near the group of you and whispers words of prayer to Besmara. A gentle pulse emanates from her and tired muscles relax and wounds knit themselves up. Callum, Ko'ulu and Tylos's eyes flutter open and it isn't long till the morning bell sounds to start the day.

Sandara will use Channel Energy to heal the group. She will be doing this first thing in the morning, so those of you that were unconscious will not receive your Night Time ship action. I've updated the Campaign Tab with this and your normal night's healing.

If it wasn't clear in the fluff, the group awakens with about 30-40 minutes until the morning bell will call you on to the deck. This isn't enough time to do anything useful around the ship but it does allow for this strange new crew member to meet the rest of you. ;-)


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos hears voices around him again and for a moment despairs that they are back to taunt him into oblivion. Then, realizing that they are not the demons that drove him mad in the sea he opens his eyes and looks around wildly, trying to get a grip on where he is. Anyone watching sees him close his eyes again and take 3 deep breaths and his tremors stop. Sitting up slowly, he opens his eyes and takes in his surroundings. Looking over at the closest person in the hold he says quietly Where am I?

DMJ, am I still naked?


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Tylos Vielent wrote:

Tylos hears voices around him again and for a moment despairs that they are back to taunt him into oblivion. Then, realizing that they are not the demons that drove him mad in the sea he opens his eyes and looks around wildly, trying to get a grip on where he is. Anyone watching sees him close his eyes again and take 3 deep breaths and his tremors stop. Sitting up slowly, he opens his eyes and takes in his surroundings. Looking over at the closest person in the hold he says quietly Where am I?

DMJ, am I still naked?

Xanxan grins widely, the gnome's green eyes flashing under his blue hair, "Welcome to hell on the high sea!"


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos looks over at the small gnome and says I am pretty sure hell was strapped to a barrel with no food or water for 3 days in the burning sun but I have yet to see the rest of this place so I will take your word for it. I don't suppose I could get some water and something to eat could I? My name is Tylos Vielent. His voice cracks a bit from the strain of talking and his still chapped lips form the words with the accents of Sargava.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Tylos...good name, you might want to keep it handy, someone's sure to trade for it in dire need. I'm Xanxan Gimblewabe, and you be aboard the Wormwood. The sun and sea mean ye no harm, but devils do so I think you'll soon see what I mean by hell when you get to meet our officers." The gnome will offer some fresh water and any left over food he has Perhaps what the half orc rejected last night? "They're generous with the rum...too much so, but not anything else save the lash or bilges. You're part of the crew now to their thinking and not going to get any choice in the matter."


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos drinks the water in sips so as not to sicken himself. Handing back the waterskin he says The Wormwood. I haven't heard of it. Leaning back a moment to gather himself Tylos starts up and looks around near him saying My effects?!? Do you know what happened to them? My previous employer decided that my assessment of his plan to attack a larger ship as "sheer idiocy" was not looked upon well. As such, before they attacked they tied me off to this barrel and tossed me overboard but not without first putting my gear and books in that bag tied to my leg. I may have given them the impression it was cursed at some point. In any case, I got the last laugh because I saw them attack from the back of the barrel and needless to say...I was right in my assessment. Tylos chuckles a bit at the imagery.

Could you give me a quick run down on the lay of the ship and it's crew Xanxan? It's been my experience that ships differ in their running and I'd like to avoid any unpleasantness if I could.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:

Tylos drinks the water in sips so as not to sicken himself. Handing back the waterskin he says The Wormwood. I haven't heard of it. Leaning back a moment to gather himself Tylos starts up and looks around near him saying My effects?!? Do you know what happened to them? My previous employer decided that my assessment of his plan to attack a larger ship as "sheer idiocy" was not looked upon well. As such, before they attacked they tied me off to this barrel and tossed me overboard but not without first putting my gear and books in that bag tied to my leg. I may have given them the impression it was cursed at some point. In any case, I got the last laugh because I saw them attack from the back of the barrel and needless to say...I was right in my assessment. Tylos chuckles a bit at the imagery.

Xanxan grins,"Now that I'd have love to have seen myself. Your goods is stored by Grok, she's a fine enough lass and quarter master. I'm in good with her so should be able to get them for you later, but don't go boasting about any wealth you have or the officers will likely seize it for themselves for sure. I'll see what I can do about getting for you during the day."

Quote:
Could you give me a quick run down on the lay of the ship and it's crew Xanxan? It's been my experience that ships differ in their running and I'd like to avoid any unpleasantness if I could.

Xanxan scratches his chin, "Well, Barnabas Harrigan be captain, and he has a rule that none of us get to talk to him. I don't know the man, but I do know who he uses as officers and it don't reflect well on him."

"Mr Plugg be the first mate, and he's the sort to get tall mast at the pain of another if you savvy. I seen him keelhaul a fellow and smile as the screams came out of the water." The gnome frowns.

"Me own special hate be for Master Scourge. The bossun, and whipmaster...." The gnomes eyes grow flinty for a moment as they narrow, " Bastard is as cruel as plugg but not as quiet about it. He administers the lashes for little infractions like... oh, not getting your work done proper even if it's work ye have little chance of success in. Or if you won't drink the bilgewater they call rum to keep you quiet and sleepy at night. Learn to hide it if ye dismiss it, which I recommend. Those three run this ship hard, treat sailors, be they good or bad, like beasts and slaves."

Then he grins again, "But I've got a few friends. Assuming you want to be one of them, we might strike an accord. Ye owe your quick recovery to two of them, Jirobo for one. Best Tengu I know. Only tengu I know, actually, but I'd share blood over an oath if he asked it. "


Tylos Vielent wrote:
DMJ, am I still naked?

Have elves developed some new talent to clothe themselves while asleep? ;-) Buck. Buck Naked.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
DM Jonasty wrote:
Tylos Vielent wrote:
DMJ, am I still naked?
Have elves developed some new talent to clothe themselves while asleep? ;-) Buck. Buck Naked.

Oh my innocent gnomish eyes!


Also, Xanxan as you were not unconscious you would haven been able to get Tylos's things from Grok during the evening, if you'd wanted. And even if not, Tylos you will at least have clothes provided right away if nothing else.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos looks down, realizing he is not wearing a stitch and then looks back up at the little gnome. He now understands why the gnome was averting his eyes. Perhaps clothing would be best at the moment. Finding a pair of breeches and loose shirt, Tylos gets dressed.

Hey hey now. I'm an elf. We're sexy lol.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"There ye go. Sailors have a bad enough reputation at sea without getting your sails unfurled for everyone to see," The gnome chuckles.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Snapping his fingers, the gnome says, "Wait here, don't leave the ship. Don't sprout wings or nothing just yet." Another grin, and Xanxan scurries out.

Grok:
"Fine morn to you, Grok. I'll be picking up those goods you held in 'storage' for me the other night when we got our guest. Smart as paint you are for doing so."

She snorts good naturedly at the flattery, and gestures to where it is stored, "Just warn him he might not want to show it all at once." She reminds.

"I ken ye," the gnome replies and makes good pace to beat the bell.

Slipping back to Tylos, Xanxan returns the elf's goods. "There ye be, lad. I suggest you don't flash it all in plain sight at once. Bring your things out gradual like a day at a time so folks don't know you got things too quickly from the Quartermaster."


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callums eyes flutter open as the healing energies wash over him. Looking around he sees Sandara standing amongst the group. Locking eyes with her, he nods his thanks. "Praise Besmara, an' praise ye Sandara. I feel like a fresh sail in a cool breeze. Thank ye," he says. Noticing the approaching daylight he smiles at her, "An' thank ye fer lettin' me have me beauty sleep. This may be the best plan, methinks, te sleep through the night an' not 'ave te deal with the oh so aptly named 'rotgut'."

Callum then looks around and notices the elf nearby chatting with Xanxan. "How long were I asleep? We set te port an' pick up a new crew? An' means I missed me shore leave? Ah well, at least that makes even more time I got whats with none o' that rotgut," he says before moving to the elf.

"An' I'd advise ye te 'ware yer rum rations whats called rotgut fer a reason. An' ware that they don' catch ye not samplin' it, or ye end up like meself an' me friend Ko'ulu there, an' get a samplin' o the lash instead. I be Callum, Callum Carnvegas. I'd say it were a pleasure, but us bein' where we be, it's a difficult statement te make. Glad te meet ye, but sorry it had te be under these, what be unfortunate, circumstances," he says with a smirk.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos clutches the bag tightly to his chest for a moment before pulling out a sturdy leather bound book. He opens it and looks at it checking for damage before placing it back in the bag. Looking up at Xanxan, I am in your debt yet again Xanxan. Thank you and I will not forget it. he says with the air of a promise to the words. He pulls out a small pouch that he ties securely to his waist.

At Callums introduction, Tylos smiles and says All you missed was a bit of fishing it seems and I was the catch. I am Tylos Valient and for me it most assuredly is a pleasure. I have had naught but my hallucinations to keep me company these past days. It is nice to be able to talk to someone who isn't a raving madman. He pauses a moment, looking at you again in mock seriousness, You're not a madman are you? As for the rum, I thank you for the warning. It has never sat well with me anyway. A good bottle of wine is far nicer or even a brandy though I haven't seen much of either lately. Xanxan was just telling me about the Captain. Is there anyone else I should watch for?


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:
Tylos clutches the bag tightly to his chest for a moment before pulling out a sturdy leather bound book. He opens it and looks at it checking for damage before placing it back in the bag. Looking up at Xanxan, I am in your debt yet again Xanxan. Thank you and I will not forget it. he says with the air of a promise to the words. He pulls out a small pouch that he ties securely to his waist.

"Now that's what I like to hear. I won't lie to you, I'm not always the most generous sort meself, but we could use all the friends we can get on this tub so here's hoping a bit of selfishness on my side in aiding you won't count against me too badly," The gnome confesses amiably.

Quote:
Callum then looks around and notices the elf nearby chatting with Xanxan. "How long were I asleep? We set te port an' pick up a new crew? An' means I missed me shore leave? Ah well, at least that makes even more time I got whats with none o' that rotgut," he says before moving to the elf.
Quote:
At Callums introduction, Tylos smiles and says All you missed was a bit of fishing it seems and I was the catch. I am Tylos Valient and for me it most assuredly is a pleasure. I have had naught but my hallucinations to keep me company these past days. It is nice to be able to talk to someone who isn't a raving madman. He pauses a moment, looking at you again in mock seriousness, You're not a madman are you? As for the rum, I thank you for the warning. It has never sat well with me anyway. A good bottle of wine is far nicer or even a brandy though I haven't seen much of either lately. Xanxan was just telling me about the Captain. Is there anyone else I should watch for?

"And here I was going to tell Callum he'd slept for a hundred years and you have to ruin it by telling him facts. Ah well." but he leaves it to Callum to fill anything he might have missed.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Tully watched as Xanxan made his introductions. Perhaps, we should allow him to find his breeches, at the least...

Then again, Xanxan was always on the lookout for new and interesting things, and it wasn't every day that you saw a naked, sunburned elf.

Once he had sufficiently clothed himself, Tully made his appearance. Good morning, my red-skinned fellow. Do not be alarmed. We have, all of us, awakened once as you have. We shall do our best to steer you clear of the rocks and shoals of this stormy coast that we call the Wormwood. My name is Tully, or Young Tully, if you prefer. And, I have the pleasure of meeting...


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos bows deeply to Xanxan, grinning the whole time and says My apologies for derailing your joke at Callum's expense. Though if he slept for a hundred years and you both are still on this boat I don't think that speaks well for either of you.

Tylos gives a smile to the good looking young man and says Tylos Vielent. It is good to meet you Tully. I must say this is a nicer reception than I dared hope for upon rescue. Do you know how long it is till we are expected on deck?

DMJ, 1. do I have time to memorize spells? 2. Do I still have my cantrips since they are at will until changed?


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

Night Action: Sleep

After a good nights sleep, Jirobo wakes early to check on the recovering elf, Ko'ulu, and Callum. When Sandara channels a burst of healing to top everyone off, the tengu nods his thanks to the pretty woman. While the others give Tylos the rundown on the ship, Jirobo hangs out behind Xanxan, giving a wave to Tylos and a quick, "Hello. I'm Jirobo."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Good morning, Jirobo. We have an elf! I was going to name him, but turns out he has one of his own already: Tylos. Handy that, it's probably what I would have named him anyway. Looks like your and Miss Quinn's healing woke him up early."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu swims up from the deep sea of unconsciousness as Sandra heals him, mumbles "mank you..." before rolling over and falling into sleep, rather than insensibility.

The talking wakes him up though, and he cracks an eye through the weave of his hammock to see what is going on.

Who is that...it doesn't look like one of the crew...but they are all talking to him... his sleep addled brain works slowly through the problem.

How did he get here? New people don't just appear on a boat unless he is a great sorceror...or he crawled out of the ocean...I missed the fish dinner last night!...it looks horrible, all scabby and scaly, like one of Besmera's creatures...or a merman...

At that thought Ko'ulu rolls out of his hammock like a great cat bare feet padding against the wooden planks.

I need to get closer...see if he is putting a spell on the crew or something...

Stealth to sneak up on Tylos, the merman 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos bows to Jirobo and says My eternal thanks for your assistance Jirobo. I was not aware that you had aided me so until Xanxan just mentioned it. It is an honor to meet you. Turning to Xan he says You mentioned a Miss Quinn healed me as well? I must make my thanks known to her also.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos turns and looks somewhat concerned at the heavily muscled Mwangi man attempting to sneak up on him for some reason. "Sneaking" being a relative term as the man seemed to knock over crates and jostle a rack of fishing poles on his way over.

Nodding his head at Ko'ulu, he says to Xan Is he a friend of yours?

Perception just in case I also roll a 1 lol. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

"Ko'Ulu? He's alright when he's not drinking...well, not alright. He gets lashed a lot because he don't try to hide that he's not drinking anymore. Still, he's as brave as you get. Seen him jump overboard to rescue a crewmate." He looks over at Ko'Ulu, "Not your day if you're trying to skulk, Ko'Ulu. Elf here is Tylos. He was picked up with the flotsam while you were resting your whipping off. Just woke up hisself."


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos smiles and says to Ko'ulu in perfect Polyglot It is a pleasure to meet you Ko'Ulu.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]
Tylos wrote:
Xanxan was just telling me about the Captain. Is there anyone else I should watch for?

"Aye, there be Mr. Plugg, him what assigns the work. Not a pleasant man by any stretch. When tha bell calls in the morn' ye best be on deck with the speed of a gale, else ye be in fer trouble. An' that trouble be Mr. Scourge, him what gives us our lashes, and enjoys every stroke. I say take care not te antagonize, or mayhap even, chat with them what are officers, like Plugg an' Scourge," Callum said.

He then smiled down at Xanxan, "Aye, a hundred years sounds aright. Me beard must be down te me shins."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)
Quote:
He then smiled down at Xanxan, "Aye, a hundred years sounds aright. Me beard must be down te me shins."

"Feels like it, regardless of the beard, at least for me. That reefclaw venom has me still sapped but good." a low mutter, "I sure as hell hope I don't get the bilges today. I have enough trouble wit it when I'm at my best. If it happens, well, I've been eyeing scourge's back as it is."


Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Ko'ulu straightens up from where he was skulking towards the group, and reaches over to right the stack of crates that he had bumped to a precarious angle. He casually wanders over to join the small gathering.

"Flotsam, eh Xanxan? He looks a bit fishy too me...I mean, what are the chances of just finding someone on the open ocean. Although...", Ko'ulu leans close to Tylos, "He doesn't look so much scaly as flaky. You might be a burnt fish?"

Tylos wrote:
"It is a pleasure to meet you Ko'Ulu."

Ko'ulu grins one of his wide toothy grins, recognizing the language immediately. "Samaki vizuri, ni vizuri kusikia lugha sahihi. Mimi ni Ko'ulu. Mvuvi wa kijiji mimi wanaonekana kupoteza, na sasa wafanyakazi na mhukumiwa karibu wa meli mdudu yaliyoathirika takataka."

Polyglot:
"Well Fish, it is good to hear a proper language. I am Ko'ulu, a fisherman of lost village, and now merely crew and a near prisioner of this worm infested trash ship."

Still grinning, Ko'ulu reaches over and claps Tylos on the back. "I am glad that the sea spit you out Fish. It is good to talk in our language." Ko'ulu pauses for a moment, his mind racing. "I think I understand why your skin is so dry Fish, you need more sea water to keep wet! Stay here, I will get a bucket."


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 27/27)

Xanxan looks to the elf deadpan as Ko'ulu rushes off "Sad when the gnome isn't the weird one, isn't it?"


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Ha ha! So, we have a new Fish to join our Tiger and Crow? Our menagerie is nearly complete.

Come, now, friends. It will benefit us little to be late to our duties.


Callum: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Xanxan: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Ko'ulu: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tylos: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Jirobo: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Tully: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Tully: 1d100 ⇒ 88, high is good


Coming out on deck, it's like the sun has been attached to the crows nest above. Heat seems to slam you to the deck and sweat instantly begins to collect on your backs. Tylos especially, even with the healing his skin still raw from the time at sea, cringes as the heat washes over him. Even the wind from your passage does little to cool you all, feeling almost like a blast from an oven at times. Plugg stands atop the stern castle, his balding head covered by a bandana with sweat coating his brow as he bellows out orders.

Day 12:

Callum:
Plugg has you working in the upper rigging today and as you climb you can already feel the winds help cool you down some, although the sun overhead makes you thankful for your hat.

You need to make enough climb checks (DC 10) to get 50 feet up into the rigging to work the lines. Once up there you need to make either a Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check, DC 10.

Tully:
Heading into the galley, Kroop seems to be on some kind of divine streak as the rum hasn't spoiled him again this day. Working diligently, he calls out for assistance throughout the day but it's nothing you can't handle with him directing.

You're assisting Kroop today but as he is sober, this will require no checks on your part.

Everyone Else:
Xanxan gets assigned to the scrubbing the decks and he moves to it with a smile, happy that he's avoided the bilges although the backbreaking work of keeping the deck clean is still a daunting task with the poison still in his veins.

Your daily task requires either a Strength or Con check, DC 12. Regardless of which you choose, failure at the check indicates you're Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Plugg calls out to Tylos. Best you learn the lay of this ship fast, don't need you screwing up the work for everyone else by being in the way. You're my runner today.

Your daily task requires an Acrobatics check DC 10 and a Con check DC 12. If you fail the Con check, you will be Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Jirobo and Ko'ulu are both assigned to deck repairs as the weather is warm enough to allow for some wood work to be done without fear of dampness causing problems.

Your daily task requires either a Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check, DC 10.

The following NPC's will help you at your various tasks. Remember this adds a +2 to your job checks only, not the Con checks for Fatigue. Feel free to roleplay the interactions in your post.
Callum: Maheem
Jirobo: Crimson "Cog" Cogsward
Xanxan: Shivikah
Ko'ulu: Jak Scrimshaw
Tylos: Sandara Quinn
Tully: Kroop (since it's already built into your daily task)

Everyone please post your Day 11 Job checks along with your Day Time Ship action.

551 to 600 of 1,114 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.