Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


751 to 780 of 780 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

...and the living statue called Alexei continues lol. Keeping readied action to attack when/if the creature shows.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer loads his own Crossbow and stands ready by Ilya.

Ready to try and pinpoint the Poltergeist's location.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu twists and waits, hoping it manifests again so he at least has chance to strike it when it chooses to strike them.

Readying action as well it seems.


Mortimer: Your knowledge check gives you full access to the poltergeist listing on pfsrd, think I posted the link for you earlier. Either way, you know that since you all saved against its Frightener ability you're all immune to it for 24 hours. The Poltergeist only shows itself to activate that ability so you're fairly certain that outside of possible noises like when Ilya hurt it, you won't be physically seeing it again today.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah waits for her opportunity, DMJ


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

Alexei, what on Golarion's green goodness did you do with that scroll that gave you the power to sense the foul creature? Ilya shouted as he filled the room with yet another burst of living energy.

Channel Positive to harm undead: 1d6 ⇒ 3


I developed a formula for a tonic giving it's effects but unfortunately I did not prepare a draught for today.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Mortimer! Vharg bellows as the syringe flys past his head. Will holy water work on Polyergist? Without waiting for a response Vharg takes one hand off of his guisarme and reaches for a vial of holy water, readying himself to throw it at the feet of the Polyergist when it wails again.

Move Action: Retieve a vial of holy water, Standard Action: Ready an attack based on the Polyergists wails.


Another wail pierces the room as Ilya's healing light washes over everything. You all try to still your beating hearts to attempt to pick out where it came from. As you do, a stone rips free from the wall and goes sailing at Ilya.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Ilya is struck for 3 damage.

Once again, those of you readying an action may make DC 20 Perception checks to attempt to pinpoint the square from the wail. In the future, if this is your action please include the rolls in your post so I can let you know if you're successful or not.

Vharg, please check the section under holy water for using it vs incorporeal undead. There are specific rules to address this.

Those taking readied actions may do so and then the PC's are up for Round 3.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Mortimer turns his head this way and that, trying to locate the source of the sound, but he can't quite place it. "Sorry Ilya!" he says, "Say the word and we'll get out of here. This Poltergeist will be a particularly difficult one to root out!"


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Yay!!

Alexei hurls the cure light potion into the square containing the creature.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 ranged touch
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage
1d100 ⇒ 82 miss chance, low misses as always


As Alexei's vial shatters on the ground there's a sudden pulse that rocks you all on your feet, like being hit by a gust of wind. A few seconds go by and nothing happens, none of the objects around the room moving. With a nod, Mortimer lowers his crossbow.

We certainly haven't destroyed it forever but we've put it down for a little while.

Huzzah PC's managing to defeat the evil undead! And huzzah the DM for getting the PC's to destroy precious resources to do it lol! ;-)


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"Somewhere, there is a potion maker who can HEAR the funding for his daughter's dowry beginning..." Randu remarks


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Boo. Underhand it is.

Perrah sighs, relieved that the poltergeist is gone for now. she hands over a healing potion to Alexei.

Cure light wounds replaced. It seems our alchemist is most dangerous.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

Ilya massaged the newly formed lump on his forehead, and kicked the culprit stone towards a corner. We need to replenish our supply of healing. I can thinl of worse locations to begin such a search than an infirmiry.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"Good throw Alexei!" Mortimer exclaims. He pats his friend on the shoulder and then looks about the room. "Let's check for anything the Poltergeist hasn't destroyed and move on." he says, starting to search through the disarray.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

It's quite a pity too as I have several flasks of explosive compounds I have been dying to test and so far I have had to use curative potions. Alexei shakes his head sadly and fingers a few wildly bubbling concoctions on his belt.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Like my hellfires. Infirmary sounds good."


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]
Alexei Dirven wrote:
It's quite a pity too as I have several flasks of explosive compounds I have been dying to test and so far I have had to use curative potions. Alexei shakes his head sadly and fingers a few wildly bubbling concoctions on his belt.

"Think of it as chance for a new field... positive energy,if I am using the term correctly, explosives. You could develop bombs of a sort that would destroy only the undead, and leave the living safe. Surely there would be a demand for that?" He proposes.

Randu moves ahead a bit, ready to search for traps and the like as they move towards the infirmary.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13+1 to find traps


Searching through the room and the adjoining small rooms, you manage to find a decent haul of medical goods. It seems that the infirmary was spared the bulk of the destruction and the poltergeist has kept the looters out.

Loot:
  • 2 fully stocked healer's kits
  • 3 vials of antitoxin
  • 2 vials of antiplague
  • 3 doses of bloodblock
  • 3 doses of smelling salts
  • 2 vials of soothe syrup
  • 4 potions of cure light wounds

You're all sure that the double doors to the south lead to the long hallway you saw initially. Checking them over, they don't appear to be locked or trapped.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Pawing though the recovered supply's Vharg picks up a vial of the antitoxin and the antiplague. Vharg still have cure potions, not need more. Vharg think Alexei should take half of them. Some things here Vharg cannot kill. We put weapons where best used. Grab what you need. Waiting for his companions to finish gathering the supply's Vharg moves towards the double doors to the main hallway and prepare to explore the western region of the first floor.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah flicks through the items but does not take anything. "I do not understand or need most of this. It is more for the healers themselves. I mean what use is smelling salts or syrup against a poltergeist?"

She moves over to the half-orc and waits by the doors. "My magical armour will not last forever so please hurry."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer picks up an antitoxin, a bloodblock and some smelling salts. "Say the poltergeist knocks one of us out. One of the healers. Ilya with his bursts of energy. Good to have something we can use to wake them. Might save our skins." he says.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Vharg not need salts to wake someone up. Miming the motion of slapping a downed comrade Vharg gives a boombing laugh. If that not them wake up, then what would salt do?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"...and the syrup?"

Perrah picks up a bottle of smelling salts at Mortimer's suggestion.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks the items over a moment before taking two of the curative potions at Vharg's suggestion. The syrup is effective in helping you resist the effects of become nauseated or sickened as some undead creature like ghouls can create.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer nods at Alexei's assessment. "Gather everything up and let's get moving. Care to lead the way Vharg?" he says, then picks up his crossbow again before moving to the door in the south wall, waiting for Vharg to open it.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Taking that as his cue Vharg tightens his grip on his Guisarme and moves into the hall towards the unexplored western area of Harrowstone.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah takes a syrup too. She follows the warriors. Her tail twitches at every turn, as she tries to keep up with their virile strength.

She sweats small beads of grey black water that drip off her chin.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu follows along behind Vharg

751 to 780 of 780 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.