Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


401 to 450 of 780 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Take my spirit bonus too!


Vharg is correct with his math. I don't know how many other PC's can give you a bonus from spirit of community, so let us know and those that can may chime in if they want to give the bonus, but currently you're at 23. Also, if there are PC's who can't give a bonus (due to ability cap or something) they can instead just attempt a standard Aid Another roll. Basically you can't have both SoC bonus and Aid Another is my ruling.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Diplomacy Aid Another 1d20 ⇒ 10 Yay another +2 to your check!

Father Grimburrow, it is imperative we gain access to these items. We are willing to brave the potential danger of Harrowstone if it means preventing danger to your fine town but the items in the crypt would be very helpful.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

Diplomacy roll to aid 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Where better to turn to against the possible forces of undeath than the church?" Randu agrees with the others, "We would, of course, report what we learned to you when we return what we could of what we were lent."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer holds back in this, though even his presence as a noble and a capable warrior is of some benefit, thanks to Ilya's inspiring powers. I will keep my opinions to myself. I will not be of any better help to my friends if I tell this priest what I really think of he and his ilk.

Giving Ilya my SoC bonus.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Whatever the good Professor was working on at the prison, he went into it at great personal risk and died. That means the prison may still hold answers as to whatever the Whispering Way intended. Father for Teacher Lorimor's soul and the future of Ravengro we must be allowed access to whatever will help us find those answers! Who knows what the Way may unleash on your town now that he is gone?" Perrah starts off calm but she ends in passion, desperate to help win over the priest.

Bluff to aid another since she is definitely exaggerating the truth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Perrah keeps her tail hidden barely and tries hard not to move too close to him.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1
DM Jonasty wrote:
I don't know how many other PC's can give you a bonus from spirit of community... Basically you can't have both SoC bonus and Aid Another is my ruling.

There is a max of +5 for any one PC.

That sounds fair. If they're making an aid another check (or any other skill check) in that round, the bonus should go to their check.


Grimburrow listens to your points quietly, his face a mask of thought. After you finish he gives a slight nod. You're right, it does sound like things are more worrisome than most know. I don't know what you'll find, I'm not aware of any hidden cache of items but you have mine and the church's blessing to look. I would just ask that you be respectful in your search.

Huzzah hitting the DC this time around, plus getting the Trust score up certainly helped.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

You have our most humble thanks Father. We will be respectful and attempt to cause as little disruption as possible. These souls should have the rest they deserve. Alexei bows and begins to head out to where the crypt was described by the Professor.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer nods gruffly and follows Alexei out. "I am glad that went well." he says quietly to him as they walk down the steps. He begins to check his gear as they travel, and when they arrive in the Restlands, he looks around him, eyes scanning the tombs and gravestones.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 +2 more vs Undead


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

Ah, the Restlands... Not nearly so pastoral and picturesque in the approaching night, are they?

Ilya struggled out of the leather strap that secured his crossbow to his back, and loaded a bolt.

Well, there's no point standing on the doorstep, waiting for our doom to come and invite us in! But, where are my manners. After you, of course...!

Ilya will keep his eyes peeled for anything unusual regarding the Restlands or the exterior of the false crypt.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Looking around the restlands Vharg almost radiates excitement. Good! Finally get to pillage stores. Now, where is false crypt that Shran-Tok spoke of in book? Supposed to be at crossroad of Eversleep and the Black Path."


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah keeps her own counsel after such an impassioned display. She carries on behind the others and casts detect magic in preparation for the false crypt.

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"Well, at least we are now better prepared thanks to the good graces of the church" Randu's eyes sort through, ready for anything out of place or so he hopes.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Sorry for the delay everyone, hope you're all still with me.

Moving through the Restlands, you don't have any trouble finding the crypt mentioned in the Professor's journal. Moving up to the door, you notice that the lock on the crypt door has been broken via some carefully applied acid. It had then been replaced on the door to look as if it were still intact. This must have been the Professor's doing before his last journal entry.

Moving inside, the air is close and the room is pitch black, darker than the night outside. Those without Darkvision will need to provide light sources, if they want to attempt the skill checks mentioned.

Perception DC 15:
You notice faint footprints in the dust along the floor. Given their singular nature and the age of them, you'd guess they're the Professor's.

if you get the Perception check, Survival DC 18:
You're able to follow the trail of footprints to a specific sarcaphogus within the crypt where they end in front and then turn around and leave the way they came.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"Light, please from one of our casters?"


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perception check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, Survival roll1d20 ⇒ 20

Perrah waves her hand casually towards the doorway and a set of glowing torchlights dances around the entrance.

"The Lights of False Party will help those with poor eyesight. There are boot prints here and here. They lead into the crypt and could be the Professor's. Most likely given his journal. Perhaps we could follow them?"

The girl positively preens at proving useful. Her tail flicks out and back like a contented cat's.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer moves up to the entrance and examines the broken lock. "Clever old Petros." he says fondly. As the floating torches appear around him he nods at Perrah. "Thank you Perrah." he says in a hushed voice. His demeanor changes as he prepares to open the door to the crypt. He moves carefully, and his eyes, shaded by the brim of his hat against any light, glint in the shadows. He stalks into the darkness beyond, buckler ready on his left arm.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 +2 more vs Undead
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 +2 more vs Undead

"Good eye Perrah. I concur" he whispers. He rises from where he was scrutinizing the footprints and looks around him at the age of the place and draws his Heavy Mace. Its head is made to look like a Wolf's head. "In a place like this expect Skeletons." he says, looking over at Vharg he steps up to the front of the group. "Blunt weapons are your friend in that case." Mortimer begins to follow the tracks to the sarcophagus.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"I and my 'poor' eyes thank you," Randu says with a note of amusement.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)
Mortimer Valdebridge wrote:
looking over at Vharg he steps up to the front of the group. "Blunt weapons are your friend in that case." Mortimer begins to follow the tracks to the sarcophagus.

"Vharg understand. We too have Skeletons in the Hold. A reminder of our foolish alliance with the Whispering Tyrant." Vharg looks at the Guisarme wrapped in his meaty fists and shrugs. "Vharg not have club, so this will do." As he observes Mortimer and Perra scrutinize the tracks, Vharg nods to himself. "Vharg see it too. Tracks lead to that stone box. Must be cache Shran-Tok wrote of. We go see what inside." Fearlessly striding up to the sarcophagus Vharg gives the lid a powerful kick, stirring up a cloud a dust.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1
Perrah Snowenglen wrote:
Perrah waves her hand casually towards the doorway and a set of glowing torchlights dances around the entrance.

Perfectly lovely, my dear. And now...

Vharg Half-Man wrote:
"Vharg see it too. Tracks lead to that stone box. Must be cache Shran-Tok wrote of. We go see what inside." Fearlessly striding up to the sarcophagus Vharg gives the lid a powerful kick, stirring up a cloud a dust.

...to business. My good Sir Vharg! If you're not going to allow me to finish my witticisms, then I can hardly imagine why you invited me along! Ilya threw a jovial elbow into Alexei's side. Come along, Master Dirven! The crypt seems to be where the party is...


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)
Ilya Oftwrong wrote:
...to business. My good Sir Vharg! If you're not going to allow me to finish my witticisms, then I can hardly imagine why you invited me along!

As the dust rises from the crypt and Vharg positions his leg back to give the sarcophagus another meaty blow, he looks over his shoulder and gives a deep growling chuckle at the Halfling. "Time for talk and time for act. You talk. I act. Make sense to Vharg" And with that Vharg kicks at the lid again.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

Randu winces as the lid is kicked at, "That's one way to check for traps I suppose..."

I'd have Randu check now, but I'm expecting a kaboom or something :)


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

As Vharg starts forwards Perrah is already using her detect magic spell to see if the Professor has left a trap. If so she steps quickly up when Vharg hits it once and gripping her Pentacle amulet calls out, "Vharg its not safe! Have a little magical protection!"

She touches his back fast, giving him the benefit of a resistance. The hue of green magic spreads like snakes all over Vharg's back, sinking like teeth inside. Disappearing into the half-orc armour and probably his flesh too. Providing a small gift in case of danger.

That is Perrah's arcane bond spell gone for today. On a zero level spell. Fool of a Took! Barbarian using his innate detect traps ability seems like my home game that does.


1d20 ⇒ 11


While there are some cringes, Vharg's kick does the job and gets the sarcophagus lid off, the stone tablet crashing to the floor with a loud bang. A cloud of dust kicks up and he gives you all a grin as you wait for it to settle.

Once the air finally clears a bit, you can see inside the casket are a number of items. Vharg moves to reach in to see what is present when his head suddenly whips around. Mortimer and Perrah also turn at a sound they hear.

Crawling out of cracks in the walls are 3 monstrous bugs, disturbed by the sudden sound of the tomb lid falling and drawn to your lights.

Init:
Mortimer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Vharg: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Perrah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Ilya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Alexei: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Randu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Centipedes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Mortimer and Vharg each get a surprise round action. C1 and C2 will attack Vharg and Randu respectively as their Surprise round actions, C3 will move up to Mortimer as his.

Vharg unless you move away, or kill the thing outright as your surprise round action, this will happen regardless so posting to save time.
C1 attack on Vharg: 1d20 ⇒ 4, Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3, Fort save DC 13 vs poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, Damage if failed: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Dex
C2 attack on Randu: 1d20 ⇒ 14, Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1, Fort save DC 13 vs poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, Damage if failed: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Dex
Summation: Vharg is missed but Randu is hit for 1 point of damage and takes 2 points of Dex damage from the poison.

Map. Pardon the crudety of the map, I'll something a bit better up at some point hopefully, or at least if not now then in the future.

Once Mortimer and Vharg post their surprise round actions, the turn order will go Ilya, Vharg, Centipedes, Randu, Alexei, Mortimer, Perrah. As a reminder for those that have played with me and those of you new to my games, I clump inits between good guys and bad but otherwise with the PC's it's a first come first served basis. So if you're the first to post your action in that clump of PC's your action goes off first.

So in the above case, for Round 1 Ilya and Vharg will go in whatever order they post in, then I'll post the centipedes, then Randu, Alexei, Mortimer and Perrah will finish the round in whatever order they post in. Vharg, feel free to post your surprise round and Round 1 actions in the same post if you'd like to save time.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

The faint scuttling sound intrudes on the sudden silence after the fall of the sarcophagus' lid, and Mortimer whirls around, ready for anything. The sight of crawling vermin makes him hiss and recoil slightly, but he has the presence of mind to lash out with his Mace against the one closest to him. "Alarm!" he bellows in the close confines of the crypt as he swings his Wolf-headed mace overhand at the creature while trying to shield Perrah from it. It is this protective gesture which throws off his aim, however and the swing goes wide.

Heavy Mace vs Centipede 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

As Vharg gives a final kick to the sarcophagus lid and it slides to the ground with a large crash Vharg gives a wide toothy grin. This is how it was supposed to be. No hiding or reading books. But as the clicking and skittering of insects begins to grow louder and louder inside of the crypt the grin falls off his face. "Attack! Vharg roars, a wild gleam appearing in his eyes Free Action: Rage (+4 Str/Con, +2 Will, -2 AC) Hoisting his Guisarme in both hands, he brings it crashing down with a powerful blow onto the giant bug. Standard Action: Power Attack

Attack Roll vs Flat Footed Bug 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage Roll 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2) + 12 = 17

Assuming I kill my centipede

Raaaaaahhhh! As his blade falls down onto the carapace of his skittering foe splitting it in two, Vharg roars out in victory, but hearing the cries of distress he wheels around to see a second centipede threatening Mortimer and Perrah. With a warcry Vharg hefts his orc-wrought blade and screaming, charges the giant bug. Arrrrrggghhhh!!!! Charge: Centipede C2

Attack Roll vs C2 w/ Charging Power Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage Roll 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1
Vharg Half-Man wrote:
"Attack!" Vharg roars!

Yes, I quite agree! Ilya dropped back onto the stairs, weaving his hands through a spell.

My friends, as always, you have my blessing to carry on!

Ilya will 5-foot step south, the cast bless (+1 morale bonus on ATK, saves vs fear).


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei grins maniacally and tosses a viscous red vial past the centipede near Ilya, Mortimer, and Perrah. A swirling blast of blue flame engulfs the centipede.

Tossing Bomb into the square beyond C3 so that it hits it with splash damage. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 to hit target square. Reflex save vs DC 14 for half of 5 fire damage.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

[Indiana] Dex dmg. Why did it have to be Dex dmg...[/Indiana]

Randu curses in Varisian "Stinking Goat Shagger!" As he is bit and fills a dizziness sink in almost instantly.

He retaliates, of course, bringing his short sword to bear

When he goes, of course, and assuming any beetles are left by that time.

To hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
dmg if that hits 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

This depends on if Vharg has killed his bug. If not then Perrah attempts to jump up onto the sarcophagus (acrobatics roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6)

With Vharg charging, Perrah can move back a little. Then she shoots the bug in front of Mortimer aiming for its hind quarters. And reloads.

Light crossbow fighting into combat 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1

"Apologies Mortimer!"


Beetle Ref save: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Vharg roars with a fury the shocks you all and proceeds to lay about him with his guisarme. Two centipedes fall in sprays of ichor before they even have a chance to flee. The final centipede manages to try and bite Mortimer before it becomes engulfed in the flames of Alexei's concoction.

So that was a quick combat. Vharg kills the two centipedes near him, 1 during surprise round, 1 during Round 1. The third gets a bite off and then gets hit and fails the save for the alchemist bomb.

Centipede attack on Mortimer: 1d20 ⇒ 10, Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5, Fort save vs poison, DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Dex damage on failed save: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Mortimer is missed.


Randu posion saves, DC 13:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, possible Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, possible Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, possible Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, possible Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, possible Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

If anyone wants, they can make Heal checks to help aid Randu's poison saves (if necessary). The DC would be 13, if you make it you provide a +4 bonus to his save. You can attempt this 4 times for his last 4 saves. The +4 is not cummulative, so as long as one of you hits the DC he'll get the bonus.

EDIT: Never mind, he makes his save on the first turn that any of you could have aided him. So in summation, Randu you will have 3 Dex damage after the combat is over.


After only seconds the tomb is quiet again as the bugs die around you. The dust again settles and any other insects seem wisely to stay out of your light. Kicking the carcasses aside you again look into the crypt to see what spoils you have earned. Randu moves up stiffly beside you, his joints creaking slightly as he moves.

Inside the unnamed crypt are a number of items. There are 29 arrows, 10 of which glint in the light with silver arrowheads. There are also 7 small flasks that contain potions of some kind and 4 scrolls of rolled paper that most likely contain spells of some kind.

Lastly there is a thin darkwood case decorated with the image of a scarab with a single eye glaring from its back. Inside the case are a couple of curious items. Set in small velvet-lined indentations along the side of the box are 4 small vials that appear to be filled with tiny clouds of churning vapor. There are 6 empty indentations that indicate the case at one time held more of the vials.

Additionally there is a thin wooden board covered with letters, numbers and symbols set into a recess along with a brass planchette that seems to go along with it. It's a Ouija board. :-)

Intelligence check, DC 15:
You realize that you recognize the symbol on the darkwood case. It was on the cover of one of the books you were asked in the will to deliver to Lepidstadt.

Assuming someone is casting it, everything but the silver arrows radiates as magic.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"It is official, my friends. I've been poisoned. My apologies, terribly clumsy of me and all that." He tries to wave it off with style, what should I do, whine how I feel like an old man with joints aching and fingers hurting? PFah. What would the professor's soul think o such things when there is discovery to be had? He would endure a hundred hardships for a single secret.

Quite mad, in his way, but it was endearing.

He glances over the items carefully
Appraise 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei goes over and examines the potions one at a time.

Craft: Alchemy to identify the potions 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

He also takes a look at the 4 vials. Not sure if they are potions or not.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Alexei based on your rolls, you are able to identify that 5 of the potions are potions of cure light wounds and the other two are potions of lesser restoration.

The 4 vials are not potions and cannot be identified as such.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks over the potions and vials and says, gesturing to the flasks, These are potions of healing magic as well as two potions that will restore vigor to the body after it has been damaged or taken. I am unsure about the four small vials but I can say they are definitely not potions...at least none that I am familiar with.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"The one that restores vigor is very tempting right now, I admit, but it wouldn't behoove me as this group's resident shadowstep to get greedy." Randu smirks.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer hooks his mace to his belt and puts a hand on Randu's shoulder. "Will you be alright?" he asks. He looks around at the others. "Do any of you have any skill in healing? I'm afraid I am not much use at that."

He steps over to the sarcophagus when he is assured Randu is okay for the time being. Looking inside, he sees the items and examines them as they are drawn forth. Nodding, he seems to be thinking things over before he speaks. "A valuable cache." he says, then sighs. "How many of you are able to use a bow?" he asks.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Int Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Perrah turns the darkwood case over then shrugs. "I've seen this symbol before. It was on one of those books destined for Lepidstadt. Perhaps a mark of the creator and writer? Maybe the professor himself. I'll check which book when we head home."

"No bows. They require strength to pull. Strength I will never possess. May I have a look at the a cloudy vial from this case? By the way the silver arrrows are the only items not magical."

Detect Magic followed by Spellcraft rolls to identify the vial's properties. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Need an assist I'd guess.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"I'll be fine sooner or later, Mortimer, but I thank you." Randu answers honestly, trying to keep up a smile.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

Knowledge (local) regarding the symbol on the box: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Knowledge (religion) regarding the symbol on the box: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (religion) regarding the vials and their contents: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Ilya stared at the box in Perrah's hands. Hmmm... something about these strange things... Let me think on it a moment.

DMJ, not sure if these skills would help, so my post is rather non-committal at the moment.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Anything look missing? Shran-Tok said he took supply's from here. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Amend my post to say, "How many of you are handy with a Crossbow?"

Mortimer sorts through the various crossbow bolts, but raises his head when Randu mentions the restoration potion. "I think we better trust to some rest and care to deal with your wounds, Randu." he says with an apologetic look. "No knowing when we may need the potion's magic in an emergency situation."

"As soon as we can get the magical properties of these bolts identified, we can distribute them to those who can best make us of them, but you all need to know that one can stab an enemy with one of these in a pinch. It's not an elegant weapon, but when you are up against a creature against whom your normal armaments are useless, these may save your life." he says. He then picks three silver-headed bolts out. "In the meantime, if nobody minds, I will add these to my ammunition."


Vharg: You don't notice anything specific. The only clear thing that may have been taken are the missing vials from the wood case, as there are empty spots for more. Other than that, there's no way of telling what the professor may or may not have grabbed from here.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Looking into the casket Vharg spits at the ground in frustration. "Bah! Crossbow bolts? Vharg not know Shran-Tok to favor such things. At least Mortimer could use, right? And Perra you smart, What is that board thing?" Kneeling at the Giant Centipede Vharg takes out a large dagger and begins to hack away at a mandible. Make good trophy "Randu, you feel ok? Sometimes Shamans have snakes or spiders bite them to cause omen dreams, you see any vision when bit?" Brandishing a ichor covered mandible, Vharg gives the group a toothy grin. "Make good necklace, charm, go next to lucky stone Vharg found at base Cenotaph day he rescued Shran-Tok!"

401 to 450 of 780 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.