Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


201 to 250 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Vharg will go with Perra to help research. Would do lengthy post but on iPhone


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"I agree Alexei," Mortimer says, "We may find out more about this town that just in the libraries. Perhaps there's more to Ravengro than meets the eye as well. I think that's one place you Ilya, and you Randu, can be of great help. In fact, perhaps the two of you may be able to talk the clerk at the town hall into letting us use their records."


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah looks up at the massive half-blood and smiles, her forked tongue barely hidden. She nods in appreciation.

"Tell me Vharg, how do you feel about magical power and strength? It would be bad form for me to make you a stronger, more powerful and greater warrior without asking first. You have shamans in Belkzen. Are they revered or just feared? Do your greatest warriors use magic blades, shields and armour infused with spells. Or potions to enlarge their bodies just before battle? Maybe you need to time to think about that protection and know that I would never do such a thing without your permission."

Whatever the response, Perrah bears no grudge. Her angular face turns out to view the locals on the way back to the Unfurled Scroll. She keeps her tail well out of sight until back at the books.

Again the tiefling directs the work of Vharg, soon realising just how good he is at helping. Perrah finds it difficult to keep up with the growing pile and becomes more selective.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Vharg pauses in mid stride taken back by Perra's words. "In the hold, shamans took what they wanted. The Shamans had great power and could bestow dark blessings on their favored champions. But Shamans never asked. When they needed blood, they took blood, when they needed sacrifices, they took that too." Shaked his head at the dark memory's Vharg continues. "Some tribes revered the Shamans, Vhargs tribe did once as well... Before the scourging. Vharg's tribe used to worship the great wolf totem. All that changed, when our high shaman found a new totem... He called it the Black Goat with a thousand young " Vhargs great slab of a chest shutters as he speaks the gods name, and he spits out onto the ground a mouthful blood. "Vharg should not have spoken gods name. Names have power. Vharg want to know what gods grant you your majicks?"


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"I believe in what I see, read and cast. Not gods. Religion and power can lead to death and destruction. They are dangerous and I prefer to trust in people. No one grants me magic, I learn it from scrolls and books the way you learn to fight better each and every day. I have said more than I should. Sorry."

Perrah appears uncomfortable talking about these things especially about her private beliefs. But honesty wins out in the end.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Vharg thinks he understands. No god makes Vharg strong, Vharg strong because of Vharg not because he sacrifices to dark things." Looking at Perra closely for the first real time Vharg grunts. "You can cast majics on Vharg, just say first... And no blood. And Perra? Thank you for asking , Vharg never heard of any rune-caller asking before. In fight you can make Vharg strong." Moving along towards the bookstore Vharg turns back around. "This not mean blood debt though. That how Vharg ended up in this situation. Vharg not owe you for your majicks, ok?"

Aid Another: Knowledge (Perra) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]
Quote:
.... In fact, perhaps the two of you may be able to talk the clerk at the town hall into letting us use their records."

"We can try again, but they seem...reluctant," He looks to Ilya, "Care to ingratiate us in with the townsfolk?" a smile.


Prisoner roll: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Using Ilya's higher Diplomacy mod, Gather Info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18, 1d10 ⇒ 5


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

After breakfast, Ilya heads north towards the town center (with Alexei and Randu, I assume). Taking a few minutes to peruse the posting poles for any new advertisements, he makes his way to the nearest shop or home.

If it helps you for descriptive purposes, I'll head to map key "J", then "G", "H", "I", and finally "C". At any point, depending on what these places are, I'll stop to speak/interact.


Sounds good. Sorry for the delay, I had an update last night which got eaten and then it was time for bed.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

That sucks DMJ! But at least we are making some good progress now, eh?


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei wants to see what is at C, F, G, H, I, and J but he isn't picky about the order, he will be sticking with Ilya and whomever else decides to come.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer joins the group in seeing the sights. He is sure to stop by to see the dog in the town square when he goes by, and to ask the dog's name and who his owner is.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu lets Ilya take the lead on this, inclining his head politely to any locals he sees and smiling for any attractive ladies.


Huzzah progress!

Perrah and Vharg spend another long day working in Alendru's shop, dusty tomes and manuscripts containing countless volumes of information although much of it isn't what you're looking for. Still, by the end of the day the work is rewarded with some small amount of info gained about one of the other infamous prisoners of Harrowstone. (Perrah, please subtract another 10gp for use of the shop's resources.)

The Lopper:

  • When the Lopper stalked prey, he would hide in the most unlikely of places, sometimes for days upon end with only a few supplies to keep him going while he waited for the exact right moment to strike. Once his target was alone, the Lopper would emerge to savagely behead his victim with a handaxe.

Ilya and the rest make their way around the town square, learning the lay of their current home and acquainting themselves of the locals. Most of the people are polite if brief, many giving you a brief greeting in return before continuing on with their tasks. The town's insular nature along with the natural business of people at work lends an air of isolation to you as you explore the area.

At Mortimer's question, one of the townsfolk laughs. Owner? Old River ain't had a proper owner in many years. He's sort of everyone's dog now, we all look out for 'em when he needs it. But he's usually just content to play with the children and enjoy himself on the gazebo.

To one side of the square a group of children are skipping rope, the hemp chord weaving a complicated and intricate pattern that the children keep going with little effort as they take turns jumping into and out of its moving strands. As you move to continue around the square, the words the children sing to keep time to their movements suddenly catch your ear and you listen closer, having not been mistaken at the rather gruesome lyrics they repeat that makes up the song.

"Put her body on the bed.
Take a knife and lop her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe.
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright.
Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer, killed his wife.
Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die."

At one point, in asking about the local area info, one of the townsfolk discusses Harrowstone with you briefly. It's sad really. Now and then, if you visit Harrowstone near sundown, you can hear the ghost of the warden's wife wailing and sobbing from somewhere within the ruins. She haunts the prison now, forever mourning her husband and attempting to frighten anyone who intrudes on the prison.

As this was a general "getting to know the town" exploration, I didn't dive into any specific interactions with new NPC's or locations, although you met quite a few. Campaign Tab updated with learned info, both on the Lopper and updated town/npc info. Lots to process, I'll answer whatever questions pop up.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei pulls his notebook out and copies down the children's rhyme. Fascinated with death and the cultural practices surrounding it, these sorts of rhymes and songs play a key role in the teaching of small children.

Walking past when they spot the moneylender, Alexei goes inside and, after looking around the shop a moment, approaches the purveyor. Good morning. he says cordially. I'd like to potentially set up an advance on a sum of money I will be getting from inheritance from the good Professor Lorrimor's estate. It was stipulated in the will that should I stay in town for a month to help poor Miss Kendra Lorrimor, a bequest of 1000 pieces of gold will be given. I intend to stay and help Miss Lorrimor. Is this a deal that we can come to an arrangement on?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah shakes her head at Vharg. "I will never put you in my debt, Vharg. I hate blood debts. They do not belong with us. Our actions mark us not words. I can grow you bigger to the size of an horse or larger. But I will ask first."

She finishes up with piling those books on the desk have references to Father Charlatan for tomorrow. Bidding the owner goodbye she hesitates at the doorway.

"Master librarian, what started Lopper's acts of murder? What fuelled the man? I mean I presume it was a man, was it?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

If he cannot answer, she continues "who would know?"


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7
A gaggle of little girls wrote:

"Put her body on the bed.

Take a knife and lop her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe.
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright.
Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer, killed his wife.
Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die."

"With a hammer, killed his wife... Now he wants to claim your life..." Ilya turned to Alexei and Randu. That rather sounds like that deranged fellow they called "The Mosswater Marauder", doesn't it?

Ilya listened as the girls went through the lyrics in repetition. What were the names of those other prisoners? You know, the famous ones, that died in the fire? "The Lopper", that was one wasn't it? "Take a knife and lop her head..."

My word, what a grizzly song to teach your children!

After a time, Alexei makes his way towards the Silken Purse. So, you say we need access to the Town Hall records, and the attendants are being rather obstinate? Well, well... Let's go have a chat with them, shall we?

In the Town Hall.

Greetings! Hello! Sir, sir! Yes, down here! DOWN HERE, I SAY!

"A Halfling?! Sorry, didn't see you there," the attendant huffed.

Fine, yes, short and all that. Well, now you've put me quite out of sorts, my good man! So, I must ask you to make amends. You see, my friends and I are busily doing some research of the historical, histrionical, historological type. Well, not to put too fine a point on it, we're stumped. We've had almost no luck in our search. But, I think your records room could be the key to it all! Would you kindly consent to let us do a little harmless rummaging through your books? I promise everything will be left exactly as it is, now. Behind his hand Ilya whispered to Randu, We may have to leave Vharg at home...

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Edit: Wow, really? This is payback for the luck I had in S&S earlier, I think.


Luramin looks at Alexei skeptically. Do you have any form of collateral that you would like to place with us? Frankly you're a stranger in town, here for only a month by your own admission and banking on the inheritance of a dead man that you haven't actually received yet. Nothing in any of that makes me remotely eager to lend you any amount of money. How would I trust to receive a repayment of the loan from you?

---------

Alendru scratches his head at Perrah's question. The Lopper? Can't say as I'm up on my Harrowstone history, that was a number of years before I moved to town. Can't say as anyone would know anything more specific about that, maybe Jorfa. I'm sure you could probably find some information in one of the books in back. Have you looked through my library yet on the subject?

---------

The attendant looks at Ilya with a frown. You and your friends asked about this yesterday and I thought it was made clear. Town records are private and you can't just go leafing through them as you please. If you'd like to make a formal request, I will take your info and pass it along to the town council at their next meeting.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Indeed Vharg and I spent a good deal of my money in your books. But they did not give me those details. It makes me wonder if I should return tomorrow and spend more when I am learning so little. 10 gold is more than most people earn in a fortnight round here after all. Who is this Jorfa and where do we find him anyway?" sighs Perrah.

My gold will run out tomorrow and this information is a bit sparse. Am I being fooled?


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)
DM Jonasty wrote:
Luramin looks at Alexei skeptically. Do you have any form of collateral that you would like to place with us? Frankly you're a stranger in town, here for only a month by your own admission and banking on the inheritance of a dead man that you haven't actually received yet. Nothing in any of that makes me remotely eager to lend you any amount of money. How would I trust to receive a repayment of the loan from you?

Alexei smiles at the man and says While that is certainly true, if I had received the inheritance I would not need the advance now would I? I can bring you a copy of the will itself and I am employed at the University of Lepidstadt as a professor so you have my place of employment as well as documentation on the money forthcoming in the form of the certified last will and testament of a member of the community in good standing. Is there an arrangement that could be made to your satisfaction?


Alendru chuckels at Perrah's comment. Jorfa, SHE is down at her forge I'd imagine, seems to be where the dwarf lives most days. As to the gold, I have to make a living somehow but if you'd rather avail yourself of someone elses facilities, be my guest. This isn't Lepidstadt, we haven't got a fancy university to paw through, mores the pity. If my limited resources aren't enough, then I apologize but it's the best I can offer.

--------

Alexei

In good standing? There's those that say Petros was nothing better than a necromancer. I don't know if I believe them myself but either way, it certainly doesn't help build confidence. What it boils down to is collateral. I loan money to one of local villagers, I know that if he doesn't pay me back I can acquire his land or property and that he'll be around to deal with if that's the case. I give you a sum of money, I've no guarantee I'll ever see it again and if I don't, I've got nothing of yours to attempt to recoup my losses with.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei thinks for a moment before saying Fair enough. As you deal in collateral I don't suppose you have items for sale or trade?

If not Alexei will thank him for his time and meet back up with the others.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"If we leave Vharg behind, you get to be the one to explain it to him," Randu mutters to the halfling.

Quote:
The attendant looks at Ilya with a frown. "You and your friends asked about this yesterday and I thought it was made clear. Town records are private and you can't just go leafing through them as you please. If you'd like to make a formal request, I will take your info and pass it along to the town council at their next meeting."

"our apologies. We do not mean to be pests."


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7
The Attendant wrote:
The attendant looks at Ilya with a frown. You and your friends asked about this yesterday and I thought it was made clear. Town records are private and you can't just go leafing through them as you please. If you'd like to make a formal request, I will take your info and pass it along to the town council at their next meeting.

Bah! Apparently, obstinance is trait shared by village bureaucrats everywhere.

A strong gust of wind blasted through the room, whipping hair and loose garments around, and blowing papers off of the desks. The attendant, startled and confused, looked around for the door or window that was opened as he gathered the papers from the floor.

Ilya calmed considerably. Drafty, this place, isn't it? With nervous looks over his shoulder at the confused attendant, Ilya made a quick withdrawal.


Alexei

Oh sure we have the various odds and ends from those that couldn't make their payments, mainly jewelry and the like. He holds up a ring, beautifully carved into a curved feather. He also takes out a small rose colored stone. These two are our best items currently. This here is a genuine ring of feather falling, hardly been used so I'm told and wonderfully maintained. And this here is a master cut piece of rose quartz, probably one of the more exsquisite gems we've received in a long while. I could let the ring go for 2300 or the gem for 500. Or tell you what, if you buy both I'll give 'em to ya' for 2600.

--------

At Randu's words the man nods politely but then you can see him bristle under Ilya's scathing comment. Well apparently our backwards village's ways are too quaint for one such as yourself. I bid you gentlemen good day! After the swirl of wind pushes everything around the man hustles off to straighten things up.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Perhaps another time but I do appreciate you allowing me to browse. Alexei says with a courteous bow.

Heading out the door, he goes and meets up with the rest of the group. Looking for Ilya, he says once he finds him There is certainly a good amount of magical items in this town for such a superstitious lot. No wonder they were untrusting of the Professor. The Unfurling Scroll has a few wands and scrolls and the pawn broker claims he has a ring of feather falling. Quite an interesting town so far.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]
Quote:
"At Randu's words the man nods politely but then you can see him bristle under Ilya's scathing comment. Well apparently our backwards village's ways are too quaint for one such as yourself. I bid you gentlemen good day! After the swirl of wind pushes everything around the man hustles off to straighten things up.

Randu follows Ilya as they withdraw, and whispers to him, "That, my friend, was not helpful. I don't know if you had anything to do with the papers flowing but if you did. You should not do it again. These people are superstitious and not without some just cause. We don't want to be run out of town as if we were under the evil eye. They are also proud and insulting them is not going to get us any further."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Strolling through the town, Mortimer is content to keep to himself for the most part. The childrens' rhyme makes him take notice, however, and he listens intently. Afterwards as they are discussing it, he nods at Alexei and Ilya's observations. "I think we've stumbled upon a folkloric remnant of the stories of the five criminals we're researching. Professor Gordon would find this fascinating no doubt, eh Alexei." he says with a smile. "The description of the Marauder seems accurate, and the rhyme mentions 'Splatter', perhaps the Splatter Man, Lopping, for the Lopper, and something about a 'Tricksy Father', which seems to be an apt description of someone called the 'Father Charlatan'. The only one not explicitly spelled out is the Piper of Illmarsh, but his verse seems to be the one about feeding Stirges." he says. "We'll have to see what else Perrah uncovered during her research today. We can also send someone over to the Temple to do some more if we have the time." Mortimer adds.

During the stroll, he will stop by the post pole to see if anything else new has appeared.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7
Randu wrote:
Randu follows Ilya as they withdraw, and whispers to him, "That, my friend, was not helpful. I don't know if you had anything to do with the papers flowing but if you did. You should not do it again. These people are superstitious and not without some just cause. We don't want to be run out of town as if we were under the evil eye. They are also proud and insulting them is not going to get us any further."

I can assure you that I, personally had nothing to do with that! I cannot control the winds any more than I can control the stubbornness of a low-level functionary in a village record-hall!

Sigh... Perhaps the others had better luck than- Ooh! A general store! Let's go have a chat with the shopkeep!

Ilya hustled with rapid strides to the shop door, and throwing it open walked boldly inside. Good day! Hello! Hello to you, sir? Ma'am? May I have a look at your wares?

So, Ilya might be a little... mercurial - is the nice word I'm going to use. Lol!


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Indeed." Perrah nods at his answer and leaves, after getting directions to the forge. "Vharg let us visit with this font of wisdom, Jorfa."

like a dog with a bone, Perrah sets off towards the forge, keeping her tail and tongue hidden. Her strutting walk is slowed by any muddy puddles and other hazards, too weak to force a path through them.

"Do you have any gold, Vharg? We may need more than I possess."

Once at the forge, she comes straight to the point and mentions that the librarian at the Unfurling Scroll said the smith may remember more pertinent information on the Lopper. Like if he was a man.


Mortimer you notice nothing of interest posted on the pole.

-------

At the eager halfling's words, the Avanakis both chuckle and nod to him. By all means, have a look around although we're getting ready to close up shop for the day.

You can browse as you will, the general store basically contains most any mundane item from the goods/services section. They don't have any weapons or armor except for the display set of full plate.

-------

Jorfa wipes down her equipment and is preparing to leave for the evening. At your arrival and questions, she gives a shake of her head. I don't know much bout what went on up in Harrowstone. I supplied the guards with armor and weapons as they needed them but I never bothered to learn who they was locking up in there. Lopper? I'm pretty sure that was a man, yeah. Evil git to end up in Harrowstone but then they all were weren't they?

The day is winding down at this point, except for the taverns most of the shops and buildings are closing down for the day. Are there any plans for the evening?


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Jorfa, Vharg not take up any more of your time, but so he know in future. Do you have any magical weapons or armor?" Glancing any eye around the forge with a seasoned eye Vharg continues. Even in Belkzen Hold, the skill of Dwarven smiths is known."

After hearing Jorfa's response, Vharg will politely depart with Perra (Forgemasters are honored in the hold, even if this one is a runty dwarf).

"Perra, where you want to go next? Vharg think rest of group will probably head to Shran-Tok child's house. And Vharg sorry, he not have much gold, Vharg had to walk from Hold, food cost coin."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"Normally I would be in favour of visiting the local tavern, but I fear we will not be welcome in the familiar surroundings of the locals until we have earned a little more trust." Mortimer says to the others. "What say you all?"


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

I think that is wise Mortimer. Alexei will head back to the Lorrimor's for the evening and turn in.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Vharg think that good idea Mortimer. My kind not liked here anyway. When you were in town today, find anything interesting?"


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu glances around the general store while they are there, but sees nothing that particularly intrigues him.

He does ask the store owner, "I know the hour grows late. Is there a tavern you recommend? I'm trying to learn more of this fine place and I've learned it is the hard working merchants who know their towns best."

Mostly just trying to make nice with a local but any good info is always welcome. Diplomacy
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah picks at her food eating carelessly as the others prepare to visit an inn.

"I, sorry Vharg and I learnt a little of the Lopper."

She consults her notes and repeats the information verbatim. "When the Lopper stalked prey, he would hide in the most unlikely of places, sometimes for days upon end with only a few supplies to keep him going while he waited for the exact right moment to strike. Once his target was alone, the Lopper would emerge to savagely behead his victim with a handaxe."

Then she rolls up the parchment and shrugs, "Jorfa the dwarfsmith added that he was a man. Otherwise I am sorry 10 gold buys you little in the Unfurling Scroll. I do not want to spend the last of my gold doing this again tomorrow. I am learning little at the moment. Perhaps there is a better way of gaining information on Harrowstone and its long gone inmates."


Luthko shrugs at Randu's question. Well there ain't much to recommend. There's either the Laughing Demon or the tavern in the Outward Inn. That's about it. They're both good although the food at the Demon is an experience if you haven't tried it.

Randu, are you going to be heading to one of the taverns instead of directly back to the house?


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"I may just do that then, thank you," Randu smiles.

He's tempted, but he'll head to the house first to let the others know what he's considering. No point in splitting the party further, giving the DM a headache, and getting too lost on my own right away without warning.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Reluctantly, Mortimer returns to the Lorrimor house. "I fear we are too insular, but there's little we can to do get the villagers to like us." he says as he walks. "Maybe Kendra will have some thoughts on the matter."

Back at the house he presents the question to Kendra.


Returning to the house you all meet up and discuss the day's information over dinner. Perrah fills you in on the progress she's made on the prisoners and she and Vharg are in turn briefed on the layout of the town and some of it's more notable denizens.

At Mortimer's question, Kendra gives a soft laugh as she sips at her wine. Well I certainly can't think of anything specific that you could do that would suddenly make people like you. Seems you just have to be yourselves and hope not to anger or frighten anyone with that. She gives a wink to Vharg as she says this. Still though, I think Master Randu has a pretty good idea on where to start. Visiting one of the taverns might be as good a place as any to start ingratiating yourselves to the townfolk. Or any of the shops could be a help as well. I've often found that gold spent will often easily make friends quickly for people. Of course there's no real right answer to this. How do any of you make friends in your daily lives? It certainly will be harder with the folks of Ravengro, given their insular nature but things will find a way of working themselves out I'm sure.

She signals for dessert and motions with a fork to all of you. I thank you for your continued presence around the house. It's nice to know I have some support if I need it. It seems like you have developed an interest in Harrowstone much as my father did. Is there something special about the prison that's caught your eye?


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Shran-Tok child probably not like being called woman child. With a struggle Vharg attempts to use human speech "Kendra, there are many things that point to Harrowstone. There are many questions. Why did the Shran-Tok keep going there? What happened to him when he was there. Vharg is suspicious. Your father saw a reason to go there. Vharg learned years ago to trust the Shran-Tok's instincts." Pausing to stuff another slice of Dobosh Torte Vharg continues while still chewing. "There is gulp more here. Two nights ago there was a bloody symbol written on the Harrowstone statue. Vharg forgot about that statue until now "Did anyone learn anything else about that Statue when they were out today? BELCH! "Dinner was good."


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7
Vharg wrote:
Did anyone learn anything else about that Statue when they were out today?

All I learned was that I have very little patience for clerks and scribes... Sigh... Today's struggles seem to have everyone feeling a bit down. Perhaps a song to brighten the mood?

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Put her body on the bed.
Take a knife and lop her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe.
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright.
Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer, killed his wife.
Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die.

Cheerful little diddy, is it not?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"My master and your father shared a passion for hunting down the truth, especially where the dark arts were being misused. If there is a connection between the Whispering Way and Harrowstone then it bears further investigation, doesn't it? Besides I have nowhere more special to go."

Perrah cleans her tail with a napkin, wiping wine off its end. She smiles when the anyone notices. "It likes to drink and stay moist sometimes."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

With a roar, Vharg jumps back from the table kicking over his chair in the process. He points at Perra and starts to mutter tribal wards under his breath. Clutching his greatax with one hand knuckles white he points at Perra's tail with a barely shaking hand and yells "You have tail! What are you!" Half-frothing with madness and beginning to shake, all you can see of Vharg is a powerful fear and anger about to envelope him.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7
Vharg wrote:
You have tail! What are you!

Oh, dear! This is going to be a problem, I suspect!

My word! So you do! I wonder why your mother didn't remove it? My mother removed mine. Vharg's mother removed his. Kendra's mother removed hers. It seems unwise to me...

Bluff Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Edit: Crud. Well, I tried...


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu breaks out laughing Vharg's startlement and Ilya's attempt to play, "Ah, I needed that." A grin, "I intend to head to a tavern and bend an elbow or three, see if I can make a few smiles.But first, I wish to see how this resolves itself." He glances between Snowenglen and Vharg


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"DON'T LIE TO VHARG!" Roars the half-orc. Huffing and snorting, showing the whites of his eyes like a bull about to stampede Vharg puts the other hand on his Greataxe. "SPEAK! WHY YOU HAVE TAIL! YOU TELL VHARG, YOU TELL VHARG NOW!!!"

201 to 250 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.