Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


151 to 200 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The dog happily allows anyone who wants to pet him and he settles back to his perch once you're done. Heading your separate ways, you agree to meet back in the square in a couple of hours.

Alexei and Calavas:
You walk a little ways down the road until you come to a shop that has a picture of an open scroll hanging on a shutter. Moving up to the shop, you open the door and move into the somewhat gloomy interior.

The shop is a cluttered mess of trinkets and tomes, all manner of accessories for a budding spellcaster. Sitting behind a counter is a man who practically screams "wizard" from some bard's tale, from his scraggly white hair to his volumous robes. He looks up as you enter and gives you a nod. Welcome to the scroll lads. What can I do for you today?

Vharg, Randu and Mortimer:
Heading to the town hall, you push open the doors and see a large empty function room with rows of benches pushed up against the walls. Towards the back there are two doors that lead further into the building.

There's a small office next to the entrance and an older woman comes out at your entry. Is there something I can help you gentlemen with?

Also as a head's up, I have one of my S&S players prepping a replacement for Cassandra, I'll pop him in when he's ready to go. Not going to pause the game for it but just know he'll be joining us shortly.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei smiles in contentment as he walks in the shop, he feels as if he has come home to his workshop. Good day sir. We are newly come to the town for the unfortunate funeral of Professor Lorrimor. It appears we will be here for a while and as such we wanted to come by and take a look at your fine establishment. I am always on the lookout for obscure tomes and ingredients. Do you mind if I browse a bit?

Alexei just kind of wants to see if anything in the shop sticks out to him as being of value to him. His companion has the better tongue and he doesn't want to fumble over social niceties of which he has trouble grasping.

Perception for anything of note. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]
Quote:

Heading to the town hall, you push open the doors and see a large empty function room with rows of benches pushed up against the walls. Towards the back there are two doors that lead further into the building.

There's a small office next to the entrance and an older woman comes out at your entry. Is there something I can help you gentlemen with?

Randu bows, "I hope so, and I hope we are not too much trouble. My name is Randu, my compatriots are Mortimer and Vharg. We're interested in the linage of some of the towns folk, who is descended from whom. We thought there might be official records to that effect. Your expert help in speeding the process would be much appreciated."

Trying a diplomacy roll
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Alexei/Calavas:
The man's eyes get a little brighter and he nods around the shop. By all means, browse as you'd like. Nice to meet another practitioner skilled in the arts. Been a teacher so long, I almost forgot that there were those out there who could appreciate the craft.

Moving around the shop you can see that he has a lot of trinkets and such but he's not a major retailer of goods. You'd be able to purchase spell components from here no problem for the duration of your stay. Additionally, it looks like he has about a dozen scrolls for sell containing various spells and two wands.

Randu and crew:
The woman gives you and your group a thorough look. I'm sorry but those records aren't available for casual perusal. And to be perfectly honest, it's a bit questionable as to why outsiders such as yourselves would care about such things. That being the case, is there anything else I can help you with? Town council doesn't meet again for another week or so but I can certainly take a request down for them to review when they do.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"Not so much casual as part of an investigation... but perhaps," A thought occurs to him, "Perhaps we could earn your and the council's trust? We are no brigands with odd academic interests, I assure you, and if there is some way we can prove it to you I would be most interested."


Randu/Mortimer/Vharg:
The woman gives you a wan smile. I appreciate the offer but I have all the help I need with cleaning my house and laundry. I hear you're staying with Kendra for a while so maybe you'll find a way to show your true natures and we can revisit this conversation again.

Just to explain, your Trust score with the town isn't high enough to give you free access to the town hall and you did not make the necessary Diplomacy DC to gain temporary access for yourself. Also, there will be ample opportunities to earn trust during the adventure, just not directly from her right now.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Come on little man, Vharg know when not welcomed." We should be taking what we want, not being weak like sheep, who go begging for slaughter. Shuffling off into the street and away from the town hall Vharg continues "We go find others, see if they have more success. Or go to prison, look there. Vharg not like waiting in one spot, like pigs before hounds. Vharg thinks there is darkness out there, can feel hair on neck standing... Vharg thinks this silence before the storm."


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

Randu follows Vharg, "Well, it should not surprise me. I told you the villages of my land can be ...overly cautious." And they trust the orc blooded not at all. No doubt Vharg knows that and there is little point in bringing it up. He frowns,
"You have a premonition? or just instinct?"
Randu looks about himself, "Maybe that instinct is right. I remember the professor was like a lodestone for odd troubles. It seems even in death the man has a gift for finding the eye of a storm."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Vharg shrugs his huge shoulders at the small mans questions. "Dark cults, blood majic's on statue and strange death of Shran-Tok? Vharg not stupid. Vharg think things get worse before they get better. In Belkzen, there saying. If plan for worse, not be disappointed." Looking around the town for a moment Vharg pauses. "Mortimer, Vharg thinks we should go to crypt. Find where Shran-Tok went. Find what happened to him. Your books say prison haunted. We should arm ourselves. Maybe we ask death priest to let us look? Vharg not trust priests either, but if he not let us, we could take anyway. He is old and weak, I am young and strong."


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei peruses the shop for a bit looking over the scrolls and wands. Turning back to the shopkeeper he says I am also in the educational field. I teach at the University in Lepidstadt. Turning to look at Calavas, he nods his head subtly towards the shopkeeper.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer, who had been distracted while Randu spoke to the clerk, leaves the town hall rather glum. Out on the street he looks up at the sky and tries to judge the weather.

Survival check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

He looks back at Vharg when he is addressed. After a moment's thought he says. "I'll not risk offending Alexei by going behind his back. So far we have only a mundane mystery on our hands. Perhaps we will be able to find out a little more with the resources we currently have access to. We'll see what the others have come up with at the Unfurling Scroll. Shall we walk that way and see?"


So it sounds like Randu and crew will be heading to the Unfurling Scroll to check with the others. Alexei/Calavas: Are you guys doing anything else specifically in the store? You won't have had a lot of time there before the others show up but just curious before I update the thread. Calavas, you still with us?


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

I was hoping Calavas could schmooz the shopkeeper to get us better access as I am not the most diplomatic of people lol.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"Regrouping at the scroll sounds fine to me," Randu says, "There are disadvantages when the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Grumbling about more books Vharg halfheartedly agrees to join up the others in the group.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

Per DMJ's request, I will be jumping right in with little or no introduction, as if I've been with you since the beginning (essentially a straight swap, Ilya for Cassandra). Please be assured, I am happy to meet you all! =)

Ilya walked briskly through the door of the Unfurling Scroll. 'Ware the dog outside, chaps. He never barks, and he's got no bite, but he'll leave your face and ears so beslobbered you'll think you've just been bobbing for apples!

With energetic footsteps, Ilya circled the entire showroom. What an interesting shop! I could've wished we'd had such a place in my quaint little neck of the woods... A brief sadness clouds Ilya's face. Ah, well... Now this is interesting. Oh, and what have we here? Idle banter for the shopkeep.

Sadly, gold is in short supply, or else I would help you turn over some of this inventory. But, let's not dwell on that. Have we learned anything new from this town's leading mage and theoretician, lads?

Diplomacy to flatter Alendru Ghoroven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Alright, it's been almost a week. Doing a few things tonight which allows me to give Calavas till the morning (US EST) to post something. If he hasn't chimed in by then, I'll assume he's left the game and find someone to replace him. I want to thank the rest of you, especially those who started with the initial recruitment, for your patience and I promise it'll be worth it.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Its fine DMJ, really just happy to be here!


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Me too. This is my third Carrion Crown game ive gotten into and none have lasted long enough to explore harrowstone. I WILL NOT LET THIS ONE DIE! lol.


As Ilya strolls in, Alendru simply rolls his eyes at the small man's attempts at flattery. As he and Alexei browse through the shop, the other memebers of your little "group" arive and inform you of their lack of results at the town hall.

Everyone's at the Scroll at this point. What do you guys do, what's the plan?

Also, I'm opening the recruitment back up to replace Calavas and I'm going to do like I did with Cassandra, the replacement is simply hopping in Calavas's place, rather than working in a new entrance. As before, not pausing the game, just keep an eye out for a new face.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"It looks like the town council won't let us look at records just yet," Randu explains to Alexei as he comes in.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

Which means we must now rely on our new friend, Alendru. Will you gents begin the interrogation, or shall I? Ilya gave the elderly wizard an exaggerated wink and a smile as he spoke.

We have reached a dead end in some research we are doing. But, you could put us right back on track, my good fellow! You've been a notable resident of this town for some time, I guess. As a peerless pillar of the community, you must have watched all the comings and goings of prison. Can you tell us anything about the last batch of inmates they delivered before the big fire?


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Oh yes. That would be most helpful. Also, those wands that you have there. What magic do they contain?


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer pokes about the shop disinterestedly, waiting to see if this will be a productive trip or not. "Hmm, yes, any research materials you may have available on the topic of old families of the area or the prison will be very useful to us." he comments.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

Randu glances about the place while the academic types do their research. He chuckles, I feel very much out of my depth here. Much as I did with the professor. He hired me for keen eyes, deft hands, and silent feet. Not for my research skills. I fear this maybe another case of 'hurry up and wait'


Alendru walks from behind his counter and moves over to a closed door in a side wall. Opening it up, you can see beyond it a full arcane workspace with benches and materials. Lining the walls are bookshelves with numerous tomes on display.

Alendru stands in the doorway and motions behind himself. I don't know much myself off hand about the prison but there's certainly bound to be some info in here that could help you. Can't say as it delves into the specific prisoners but there's sure to be something on them. That being the case, this is a school and business for me. You folks are free to use my workroom for research purposes but it's going to run you about 10gp per day.

The Unfurling Scroll can be used to research Harrowstone Prison as well as the Five Prisoners. Research on Harrowstone gains a +2 bonus. This costs 10gp per day of use, although if you reach a certain Trust threshold with the town Alendru might wave that fee. The Scroll does not have any info/does not allow for research on the Whispering Way.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei smiles and says That sounds fair. before counting out ten gold pieces.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah interlinks her graceful fingers and pushes then outwards with solid clicks. "This I can help with."

While Alexei is busy counting out the coins, she slips passed and takes a seat. Soon her tail is turning pages on one book as she flicks through another. The tip of the tail is a pair of pointed red fingers that gently lower the edge of the page without a thought.

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 on Harrowstone
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22 on the Father Charlatan
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 on the Lopper
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 on the Marauder
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29 on the Piper
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25 on the the Splatter Man

She is lost in research until the last page is finished.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer claps Alexei on the shoulder and joins in the research. He isn't a student of history, but he does know his way around a library, and is soon adding volumes to the pile around Perrah.

Aid knowledge on Father Charlatan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Aid knowledge on The Lopper 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Aid knowledge on The Mosswater Marauder 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Aid knowledge on The Piper of Illmarsh 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Aid knowledge on The Splatter Man 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

There will be an extra +2 on all of those if the library bonus applies to the prisoners.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Thank you Mortimer", she murmurs to the growing pile.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Good. More. Books." Muttering about never hearing any epic tales of scholars, Vharg looks around the spot. Another user of majcis. This filthy town is overrun with their stink.

Aid knowledge on Father Charlatan 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Aid knowledge on The Lopper 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Aid knowledge on The Mosswater Marauder 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Aid knowledge on The Piper of Illmarsh 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Aid knowledge on The Splatter Man 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

So +2 to Aid on Father Charlatan, The Lopper and The Mosswater Marauder

Looking around the The Unfurling Scroll, steels himself away for another day of looking though human books. "Vharg no good at research Perra. But Vharg have sharp eyes. You tell Vharg what books to look for. Vharg go get them for you."


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"What books? Well the cleaner ones first. Start with the red leather journals that refer to the following words, murder, prisoners, the Harrowstone prison and Ravengro itself. Thank you, Vharg. These are good for now," she adds without turning round to face the half-man.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

"I'm no good with books, but I can tell you what I've heard of the area while you work if you think it will help." Randu offers

Not sure what to roll for the aid exactly (Sorry, I came in a bit late myself and think I am missing an obvious post somewhere :o ), but Randu does have local history so I can make a few rolls with that if that will assist.


So the knowledge checks are made singly, representing a full day's worth of research on a somewhat obscure topic. You wouldn't be able to look up all of the info for all of the topics/prisoners in one sitting. Also, the +2 bonus for using the Scroll's resources is only for researching Harrowstone, not the individual prisoners.

All that being said, I'm going to ignore the Harrowstone rolls above as you've maxed out the info for that and I'm going to randomize which prisoner you researched. You rolled well on all of them, so more than likely you'll be fine no matter what. Charlatan was the only sort of low one so as long as the result isn't a 1, you'll gain something from the day. 1d5 ⇒ 3

You spend most of the day working in Alendru's shop, taking brief breaks for food but otherwise isolating yourselves in his back room. You scour books and articles, kicking up dust from the covers of books that haven't been opened in years. It seems worth it in the end though as you finally manage to uncover some info on one of the five famous, or more accurately infamous, prisoners of Harrowstone. You're sure though that there's still plenty of work to be done here to find out more info but it will have to wait for another day. Your stomachs growl as you head out of the scroll.

The Mosswater Marauder:
Only 5 years before his hometown of Mosswater was destined to be overrun and ruined by monsters from the nearby river, Ispin Onyxcudgel was a well-liked artisan and a doting husband. When he discovered his wife's infidelity, he flew into a jealous rage and struck her dead with his hammer, shattering her skull and his sanity with one murderous blow. Wracked with shame and guilt, Ispin became convinced that if he could rebuild his wife's skull she would come back to life - but unfortunately, he could not find the last blade-shaped fragment from the murder site. So instead, Ispin became the Mosswater Marauder. Over the course of several weeks, the cunning dwarf stalked and murdered nearly 20 people while searching for just the right skull fragment. He was captured just before murdering the daughter of a visiting nobleman from Varno, and was carted off to Harrowstone that same night.

This info has been added to the Campaign Info tab. The day is pretty much over, it's almost dinner time and Alendru is closing up his shop behind you all. What do you guys do now?


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]

As they leave, Randu will stop by that post at the end of the square and take a look at the scraps of paper on it to see if anything has been added. Not only does it keep him abreast of town goings on, if there is some task that is beyond the common man's ability, perhaps he and his friends could be of help.

Not that offering such help would be entirely altruistic, Desna for give me but we could use more friends in this town.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah leaves with a sigh. Meals can be missed but knowledge feeds the soul. She accompanies the others wherever, her mind mulling over the various bits of information on the Marauder.

The tail is tucked away in the robes.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Oh shoot! Did Perra have her tail out in the bookstore? For now Vharg dident see it/was clueless, considering how superstitious he is of "shamans" I gotta RP that the first time he notices the tail. Can't wait."


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

I say..! This Mosswater fellow sounds like a delightful chap! I think it's probably best that we never met. He seems rather excitable, really.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Vharg think the Marauder sound like strong warrior, but no honor in hunting the helpless. Vharg would have liked to see how he fair against Vharg's Ax." Looking around at the setting sun Vharg seems to realize what time it is. "Getting dark out. Head back to Shran-Tok's woman-child?"


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1

Ilya nodded happily. To the Shran-Tok's woman-child's building-house we go! And hopefully, the Shran-Tok's woman-child's food-cook has bake-fried a man-feast! Ilya leaned in close towards Vharg. With double plate-servings for you and me! Couldn't resist =)


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Vharg narrows his eyes at the small halfling, trying to determine if hes was being mocked, after a moment he shows a wickedly toothy smile. "Good! Vharg hungry enough to eat a halfing. Meat so tender... like baby cow! Vharg think you lucky he civilized now." Slapping the halfling hard on the back possibly in jest, he gestures back toward the professors house.

@Ilya: I loved your response!
Edit: Halfling! The other other white meat!


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei listens with interest to the story of the Mosswater Marauder. It is hard to believe the depths of madness some people attain. He says with a shake of his head.

At the prospect of cooked halfling, Alexei grimaces. As someone who has seen such an atrocity from my time in Cheliax, believe me it is not something that is pleasant. He shudders a bit and pained look goes across his face as he remembers the horrific incident.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"The power they feel must be fought and stopped. But for now man-food if Ilya and Vharg leave us some scraps. Tender cow sounds nice, doesn't it?"


1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Randu stops by one of the posts on the way back through town but aside from some generic ads and a missing pet poster, there doesn't seem much that would possibly require your group's assorted "talents".

Returning to Kendra's home, you find dinner just being set on the table. The smells of the food makes your mouths water and you dig in hungrily. As you eat, you discuss what you learned during the day and make plans for the following morning. Heading off to bed with a full belly and a warm bed is a recipe for a quick descent into sleep.

Rising the next morning you find an equally robust meal waiting and you help yourselves to large helpings. Looking out the windows, it appears to be another cool, overcast day much the same as it's been since you arrived. It hasn't been rain but gloomy would be a good word to use to describe the weather.

So what's the plan? If you haven't noticed by now, the first part of the adventure is pretty PC driven. There will be things happening here and there on my end as we progress but a lot of this early stuff is built around what avenues you choose to explore.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"A harrowing tale, but hardly the pure evil that a group like the Whispering Way would be interested in. I don't think that this 'Marauder' is who they were here for, unless there are some details we're overlooking." Mortimer says as the conversation turns to the discoveries of the day.

The next morning, Mortimer is up and about early, and is in the Professor's library reading a book on forms of Undead spirits. He greets the others politely, and joins them for breakfast. "Another day to spend among dusty tomes?" he says. "Randu, you said the Professor hired you for your eyes and other skills?" he asks. "What brought you two together, if I may ask?"


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei gets up early as well, after a simple breakfast, he tells the group I am going to see what other locales this town has to offer. Perhaps there are some places that could help us similarly to the temple and the Unfurling Scroll. If anyone would like to join me they are more than welcome. He will wait to see if anyone else wants to come before heading out.

Basically he is just going to spend the morning getting the lay of the land and what sorts of shops and locations are in and around town.


Male Human Ranger-2[HP: 14 out of 21|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+3|Init+2|Perc +8|CMB +6; CMD 17]
Quote:
"Randu, you said the Professor hired you for your eyes and other skills?" he asks. "What brought you two together, if I may ask?"

"Desperation, Kindness, curiosity, and Desna's mercy," Randu replies with an easy smile. "I was a boy, three younger sisters to take care of and my talents lent themselves to theft. My upbringing fought this. It was a chance meeting with the professor which taught me that one could deal in the shadows, yet still practice an honorable trade. He was my first employer, and if not for him, either my sisters would have died of starvation, or I would have lost some part of my soul. The professor opened the third path to me. I will always be grateful for that." Randu looks wistful, then shakes his head "But listen to me blather. Gents, if you have some task for me, but let me know."


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"I shall continue my research at the Unfurling Scroll. Either alone or with one helping would suffice. There is little need for more of you."

Perrah picks at her food and pushes the plate away before it is anywhere near finished. Her reddish eyes light up at the prospect of hitting the books again.

"I shall investigate the others one by one unless deflected by our purpose. For some reason I think that knowledge may prove useful. Send for me if you need me."

She gets up and heads for the door, already mentally deciding where to continue her research.

Perrah will utilise those earlier knowledge results to pick off the other four main prisoners, DMJ.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 1
Vharg Half-Man wrote:
Good! Vharg hungry enough to eat a halfing. Meat so tender... like baby cow! Vharg think you lucky he civilized now.

Delightful! It is always a joy to find another gastronome amongst my companions. Fortunately, I can honestly say I've never enjoyed that particular treat. But, I can certainly whet your appetite with most excellent descriptions of some of the savory dishes I have sampled.

Alexei Dirven wrote:
At the prospect of cooked halfling, Alexei grimaces. As someone who has seen such an atrocity from my time in Cheliax, believe me it is not something that is pleasant. He shudders a bit and pained look goes across his face as he remembers the horrific incident.
Perrah Snowenglen wrote:
Tender cow sounds nice, doesn't it?

Oh, pish-posh! The fattest, milk-fed calf would be a tough, stringy thing compared to me. Ilya gets a wistful look. Though, if you find me a trifle over-seasoned, it's only because I will be awash in the bitter salt-tears of a thousand maids that will lament my passing... With that, Ilya skips ahead careful to avoid Vharg, lest he try to test the Halfling's pronouncement.

The following morning...

A lovely breakfast, my dear Kendra! Lovely indeed! Though, I can't think how I'll enjoy as you seem to have left the flatware in the silver cabinet.

"I have?" Kendra looked confused. "I was quite certain I had everyone's place set..."

Oh, never mind, dear. As you can see, I've clearly left my fork... out of reach... here on the mantle... standing on end... Ha ha, my little joke! Could you be a dear and hand that down to me? There's a good lass.

On the mantle, high above Ilya's natural reach, his fork sat balanced perfectly straight up on its tines. Ilya accepted the return of the fork, and quickly busied himself with breakfast, avoiding the stares of everyone in the room.

I'd be delighted to join you, Alexei! Ilya said between bites. I'm always happy to be the man about town!


Alrighty, got an idea of what everyone's doing. Next update will be posted shortly.

151 to 200 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.