Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


51 to 100 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

I was waiting for the sharing of the knowledge rolls in game.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"According to what Petros and I were able to piece together, the Whispering Way is a cabal of Necromancers that not only seeks to control and use the Unquiet Dead, but also to become like them in a misguided quest for immortality. They trade in the most dreadful and obscene secrets, but are very good at hiding their tracks. I have long hunted one who I believe was a member of this blasphemous secret society..." Mortimer says, then trails off for a moment, looking around the room at the others as if assessing their capabilities and trustworthiness. He smiles ruefully. "But perhaps that is a tale for another day. Needless to say, if this cabal is involved in the death of our friend, and in meddling with the spirits of those who rest uneasily in Harrowstone Prison, they MUST be stopped! For even the Whispering Tyrant himself was once a member of the Whispering Way. The scars that fell Necromancer left on Ustalav are familiar to us all."


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks upon the group and says We need more information I think. Perhaps it would be wise to see what we can find out in town among the people. See what sorts of rumors and tales there are about the place. Also if there is a library that might be a good location as well. If we are to go to Harrowstone I would like to have the equipment that Professor Lorrimor said was in the false crypt. If we are to be here a month, we might as well be useful as well as the fact that the Professor's death, if it was foul play, needs to be avenged.


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1

"Harrowstone was a prison; one of the worst in Ustlav if my readings were correct. Most of the prisoners there were shortly executed, and for good reason. It burned down in the wake of a prison riot in 4661, and has been abandoned long since." Calavas pauses, his eyes running left to right as if reading briefly before adding, "It is largely considered haunted by most, and I would be surprised if there were no truth to those rumors."


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

As the others pour over the Professor's journal, Cassandra will pick up some of the other tomes and look them over.


Alright who is doing what, what is the plan? You guys have all the info you're going to get at this particular moment with what you rolled for base knowledge of the situation. You have use of the house as a "home base" of sorts, so that's squared away. It's about 4pm or so, after the funeral and the will reading.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

I think I will go and see about this cache of equipment in the crypt but I suggest we talk to Father Grimburrow first as we do not want to cause issues from breaking into a crypt without permission. Is there someone who would like to come with me?


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer frowns. "And have the church confiscate the weapons? They're not likely to trust us to keep them, or even to believe us if we told them of our need to use them." he grumbles with disdain. "No, I am not inclined to let them take away our advantage." He looks at the others. "What say all of you?"


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Why would they want to do such a thing? Father Grimburrow seemed a pleasant enough person. I am sure if we speak with him honestly he will see the need. Though perhaps it might be a good idea to bring someone who is a bit more skilled at persuasion than I am. Cassandra you have been touched by the divine. Perhaps he might be willing to be more amenable if you came as well?


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Quiet pinks-skins in black robes..." Vhargs eyes narrow and he instinctively rubs his glossy black charm. "Easy to go from worshiping dead, to following something worse. Great evil in darkness and death. Vharg has seen whole tribes swallowed up by darkness. You look into abyss, and it looks back into you. Vharg not trust death worshiping holy-men, agree with Mortimer Vharg stands up and throws the rest of the chicken into the fire. As the fat and gristle sizzle and pop's Vharg points to the chicken. "The shaman's we stalk, they want to see you burn like chicken. If graveyard has weapons, we TAKE them. Ask if you want paleman, but Vharg will have the means to crush our foe's. Vharg looks around the library and grimace's "Vharg will wait if you want to read more, but Vharg wise. If foe's can bleed they can be killed. That all Vharg needs to know."


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1

"Considering the cause we intend to pursuit, I can't imagine the clergy of Pharasma to oppose our actions." Calavas ventures hesitantly. "As it is a false crypt, I also see little worries about disturbing those at rest. I'm not much of an adventurer, however; there were a few trips outside of the city proper I assisted in, but those were largely catalouging sites full-fledged Pathfinders had already cleared of most hazards. I'm still willing to help, however I can though."

Looking about the room, he then adds, "To that extent, it is approaching evening, and our need for further information is likely to be met within these very walls. Unless we plan to journey to the cache describe by the Professor tonight, I think I'd best serve by attempting to gleam more information about our adversaries from the libraries here. With Ms. Kendra's permission, of course." While hard to say, the look in Calavas' eyes as he examines the various bookshelves could almost be described as predatory.

Wasn't sure if Kendra was still in the room with us or not; if so, there are a few things I'd like to ask her specifically. That asdie, given free reign, I'd like to start searching the libraries in house for more information about the Way and Harrowstone, at least for the evening, less we decide to go tomb raiding.


Kendra looks at some of you with a little concern at your apparent hatred of the church. It sounds like you have reasons for hating holy men I guess. I can only tell you that I've never had cause to distrust Father Grimburrow before. I would simply remind you that you're all new in town and as you've already seen, the citizens of Ravengro are an insular lot, the clergy among them.

At Calavas's look and question, Kendra smiles and nods. Of course my father's library is open for your use. Consider this your home for the next month as well. If you're looking for answers, there are a few other places in town that have a collection of resources available. There's the Town Hall of course, the Temple of Pharasma keeps some records available although it sounds like some of your companions would like to avoid that place, and then there's The Unfurling Scroll. It's not quite a school and not quite a magic shop, but somewhere in between. I just know they also have a small library on hand that could prove useful. Just remember, as I mentioned, that being new in town, you're likely to have some difficutly getting the people to trust you enough to allow you access.

So it sounds like the consensus is to go after the cache of items mentioned in the will. Vharg and Mortimer have said they'd rather just go straight there while Alexei and Calavas have at least mentioned talking to the priest first. With a somewhat even split of opinion, how are you guys approaching this, going to the priest first or not?

As far as timing on either option, you could go in the evening to deal with the priest or seek the false crypt. You could also wait till morning as suggested by Calavas.

Research Rules:

  • Everyone is allowed 1 free check per topic to see what they know off hand (Mortimer took his for the Whispering Way and Calavas had his for the Harrowstone).
  • Additionally you also can spend time in a research location to gain a Knowledge check on a topic with a +2 bonus. These research checks can be made as many times as you want during the course of your stay but only once per day (you gotta sleep sometime lol).
  • Each location has resources pertaining to one or more topics for which Knowledge checks can be made, although you only know Lorrimor's Place currently.
  • Lorrimor's Place - can research Whispering Way
  • Ravengro Town Hall - unknown
  • Temple of Pharasma - unkown
  • The Unfurling Scroll - unkown

Let me know what the plan is and we'll go from there.

Lastly, Franco you haven't checked in for a while. Please post some kind of response in the game thread soon so I know if you're around.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei shakes his head at the prospect of going without Father Grimburrow's permission. We are guests in this town and Father Grimburrow has shown nothing to warrant us breaking into the cemetary. We are to remain here for a month and as such must be respectful of those who live here. The honorable thing to do would be to talk to him and attempt to get his permission. As it is we need more information before we can go to Harrowstone and we must be smart if we are to ascertain the nature of the Professor's death and if foul play was involved, capture his murderers.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei will attempt to use the library to get more information about the Whispering Way. He will then go to Father Grimburrow and attempt to get access to this Cache of equipment. He is hoping someone with a smoother tongue will go with him to help convince him of the need.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28


I'll wait and gve some time for people to post if they would like to accompany Alexei to the Temple or not before posting.

Alexei, is your intention to go right now/this evening or are you waiting till the morning? FYI, I will update your Knowledge results once we've figured this out. The research represents some time spent looking things up, reading, etc. If you're going to Father Grimburrow tonight then this will occur after you get back otherwise it'd probably be too late to talk to him.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

"Why don't we take tonight to do some research and then in the morning we can visit Father Grimburrow. I too would like to get his blessing on our searching the graveyard lest some townsfolk see us and jump to the wrong conclusion. Alexei I would love to go with you to the temple in the morning."

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei nods and says The morning sounds perfect. Thank you Cassandra. For the remaining few hours of the night Alexei will be researching through the Professor's library looking for information on the Whispering Way.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Over the next few hours Vharg continues to sit on the floor next to the fire, saying few words but quietly following the discussion between Cassandra, Alexi and Calavas. Occasionally he loads more wood and stoke the flames, all the while carving a crude figurine of the Shran-Tok and whispering Orcish prayers for strength, honor and mates for the Shran-Tok in his next life. As the totem is completed, Vharg wipes some of his dried blood onto the doll. Vharg sorry he could not give you more Shran-Tok, you deserved better. Vharg will protect your female-child now as you asked of Vharg. Then Blood Debt repaid. May you find many battles and take many mates in your new life. Tossing the totem into the fire, Vharg watches as it slowly burns to Ash. He then gets up, leaves the library, and goes to bed. Sleeping indoors breeds weakness... but blanket is very soft. LOUD SNORE


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer's frown is suppressed somewhat at Kendra's words. "I mean no offense to your fellow villagers, Kendra, but it is my experience that the clergy are indeed an insular lot not likely to trust outsiders even when it is for the greater good." he says reluctantly. "If you, Alexei and Cassandra, wish to attempt to talk Grimburrow into letting us access the cache, and also perhaps their records, please be aware that if you fail, they will now have knowledge of the weapons, and if we do decide our need to use them is great enough, we will have a much more difficult time accessing them if they wish to remain obstinate in keeping them. I recognize the wisdom in your words, but do not agree." Mortimer is silent for a moment, then after working through something in his head, he looks at Alexei and says, "Instead, Alexei, I suggest a compromise. Do not tell the priest of the cache, and we will leave it be for now. If once we have more information to present the church of the danger posed by the Whispering Way, they may be less resistant to letting us access it with their permission. Go visit them in the morning, and ask about their records, but do me a favour and keep the information about cache among us."


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks at Mortimer for a second and says That compromise is acceptable provided no one attempts to break into the crypt before we have had the opportunity to speak to Father Grimburrow. Remember we need these people as allies and not enemies if we are to be successful. For the time being I will not broach the subject and will attempt, with Cassandra's help, to show ourselves worthy of trust to Father Grimburrow.


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1

Calavas will spend the evening assisting Cassandra and Alexei with their research, largely cross referencing and organizing information discovered. Once into the grind, he likely forgets about such minor distractions such as dinner and sleep, eventually crashing out at a table between a study describing ghoul proliferation around Gallowspire and a biographical piece on an Osirian explorer of ruins.

Assisting Alexei and Cassandra's Whispering way check, using library (K. Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Further Harrowstone research, using library(K. History): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Discussion over for the time being, and the others occupied in research, Mortimer approaches Kendra. "I truly am sorry for your loss. I hope you do not find it presumtuous but I believe it is also everyone's loss. He was a great man, and I also miss him dearly. I am glad to at least be able to be here for you." he says.

He then asks Kendra for directions to the inn - he had instructed the coachman to deliver his belongings there. Mortimer checks in on the others before walking over to arrange to have them brought over to the Lorrimor house.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Should we move to the next day?


No need, I'll be doing that with the next update. With me, as I mentioned in the recruiting, my weekend posting is as bad and sporadic as my weekday posting is excessive. I'll have the next update posted in the morning probably.


With a plan in place for the morning, you all settle yourselves in to your new home for the time being. Mortimer makes his way to The Outward Inn (map key updated), where he retrieves his belongings before heading back to the Lorrimor place.

Alexei pours through the Professor's vast collection and is able to turn up a last little tidbit about the Whispering Way that he shares with the others.

  • Exact details on the society are difficult to discern, but chief among the Whispering Way's goals are discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering the release of the Whispering Tyrant. Agents often travel to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts or undead menaces to perform field research or even to capture unique monsters. Their symbol is a gagged skull, and those who learn too many of the Way's secrets are often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent their bodies from divulging secrets via speak with dead.

Calavas tried to find out more about the prison itself but after thumbing through a number of texts, he found that the Professor's collection didn't contain all that much on the subject.

Awaking the next morning, you learn the location of the Pharasman temple in town from Kendra (map key updated) and after a quick breakfast, head there to speak with Father Grimburrow. The older gentleman opens the door and invites you into the temple.

You were the outsiders who came to Lorrimor's funeral yesterday. What can I do for you folks?

Notes:

  • Calavas, you didn't learn anything more about Harrowstone as Lorrimor's house didn't contain much material on it. Mechanically, his house only allows for checks on the Whispering Way, you'll have to find somewhere else to research Harrowstone.
  • I've updated the Campaign Info tab with a bunch of stuff, including the current knowledges you've learned with Alexei's latest roll. You'll notice the WW section says Complete, that indicates you've learned all you will about that topic for the purposes of this adventure. Just gonna state that when it happens to save time.
  • Mortimer, you learned the name of the inn when you retrieved your goods but I didn't give you any more interactions there cause I want to keep things moving this early in the game. As we progress, if the party splits up and goes to different locations I'll run with that but this early on, I figured I'd keep the group together for now.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei manages a small smile and says Good Morning Father Grimburrow. We were hoping to be able to talk to you about the Professor and the circumstances surrounding his death. Do you have some time to spare for us?


Grimburrow nods. The church always has time for those in need. I don't know how much help I can be.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer remains quiet for the moment, his expression stony as he lets Alexei speak for the group.

Earlier that morning he rose early. After getting dressed in a utilitarian yet respectable tunic and leggings, he opened his chest and withdrew his tools. The massive crossbow he removed first, smiling unconsciously as he checked the mechanism and string. He then laid out a horn-handled dagger in its sheath, a heavy mace with a wolf's head, and a curved saber in a sheath bearing filigree of leaping stags in silver down its length. The dagger he belted on his left hip and the saber on his right. He emerged from his room, hat in hand, his demeanor grim as he descended the stairs to join the others in breakfast and question them on what they had discovered in their research the night before. Alexei's additional discovery proved very interesting to him and it was armed with all these details that he left the house in the morning.


Father Grimburrow looks to you all as he settles himself into one of the pews. So what exactly did you want to talk about?

This is my oh so subtle reminder that it doesn't have to be a single PC (aka Alexei) who deals with a conversation. We're kind of dragging here and I'm starting to worry that people aren't really interested in the game anymore.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Yeah I was trying to give Cassandra a chance to interject but I will take it from here for now.

Alexei smiles and settles himself down and says Well Father. We were very distressed to hear about the Professor and we wanted to know if you knew how he died? I couldn't bring myself to ask Kendra as I didn't want to upset her any more than she already was. What exactly happened?


Grimburrow shook his head sadly. Such a tragic accident. The Professor had been up exploring the old prison. Don't know why he was interested in Harrowstone at all, ghastly place that. Anyways one of the old stone gargoyles fell from the roof and crushed his skull. Ever since the fire, that old building hasn't been the most stable and the lack of upkeep certainly doesn't help. So sad really, we couldn't have an open casket for his daughter, given the damage to his face it wouldn't have been proper.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei schools his face to caution as he does not know this man but gets the sense that to get some more information...more information may need to be given. That is dreadful. It seems like such a small way for such a large man, in deed if not in stature, to be brought down. Thank you for telling me. On to the other reason we are here I suppose. The Professor in his will had several requests for us and one of which was to stay in town a month and finish a project he was working on. The project in fact which led to him being at Harrowstone in the first place in fact. I was hoping you could tell me a little bit about it. I understand the place is potentially haunted?


Yeah it does seem a rather ignoble way to go, crushed by a falling rock.

At your question Grimburrow scrunches up his brow. Project? Can't say as I know of any project up Harrowstone way. Granted Professor Lorrimor wasn't exactly in the habit of keeping me informed of his goings on. As far as Harrowstone being haunted, most folks around here seem to accept that as fact. No one's been brave, or foolish, enough to confirm it for sure and haunted or not, the place is still dangerous, between the state the structure is in and the vermin that likely infest it.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Listening carefully to the Priest's words, something catches his attention. "Father," Mortimer's tone is polite, but cold, "you said 'damage to his face'? I know that sometimes the bereaved seek to find out from the voices of the spirits of the departed secrets that they knew in life through the powers of the priesthood. Is it correct for me to assume that due to this damage, this would be impossible?"


Grimburrow nods at Mortimer's question. Yes there are certain magics that would allow one to commune with the recently deceased. But you're correct, the poor Professor's condition wouldn't allow for that in this instance. A shame because you're right, it sometimes does allow the bereaved a sense of closure to speak with their loved ones one last time.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Following Mortimer's line of thought......and it would also help to conceal and prevent said deceased individual from disclosing information about the circumstances surrounding their death as well. He lets that sit for a moment and tries to judge the Priest's reaction.

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 20


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

As Cassandra enters the temple with the others, she extends her hand in greeting to Father Grimburrow "Father, good to see you again. I could only wish it was under happier circumstances."
As the others take the lead Cassandra looks around the interior of the temple before joining the conversation again "Father, Mistress Lorimor has told us that there may be records stored here in the temple that may help explain why the Professor was doing in Harrowstone in the first place. If you would be so kind to allow us access to these records we might be able to bring some piece of mind to Lady Kendra and help put to rest these necromancer rumors about the late Professor."
Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Yay Nat 20's lol

Diplomacy Aid to Cassandra 1d20 ⇒ 16

Oh yes that would be extremely helpful as well. Any help you can give us at all could be worthwhile.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"Indeed. Your assistance in this will be most helpful, and a benefit to the community." Mortimer says.

Diplomacy to aid Cassandra. 1d20 ⇒ 16


Grimburrow give Alexei a considering look before continuing. Hmm, I guess it would conceal certain facts, wouldn't it? Assuming there are facts to conceal of course. That's some speculation for sure lad, although as I said, from what I know it was a simple accident and nothing more. Why, have you heard something to the contrary?

Alexei, you get the sense that Grimburrow is being honest. As far as he knows, it was a simple tragic accident.

At Cassandra's words, Grimburrow nods to her, waving his hand around the temple. It's not much of a temple, least compared to others around Ustalav, but you're welcome to look through our records and writings, if you think it will help you accomplish Petros's final wishes.

Huzzah crits on skills checks.
You've gained access for the group to the Temple of Pharasma as a research location. The location allows for research on both the Whispering Way and Harrowstone.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

"Vharg promise not to burn down books. Vharg be careful."

Diplomacy to aid Cassandra.1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2


Grimburrow gives the half-orc a withering look although the others are quickly able to molify him. He still wears a frown though. See that you don't.

All joking aside everyone, poor diplomacy rolls can negatively impact an NPC if you're not careful. Thankfully in this case, Vharg's will be canceled out by Alexei and Mortimer's help. And yes, it takes both of their good rolls to help negate his super bad one. ;-)


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

And that is the reason why Vharg has largely been silent during RP with NPC's Ustalav already hates orcs, and my -2 to CHA dosen't help much.

"Ok Holy-Man, Vharg careful." Stepping inside with the others Vharg shutters at all of the sealed away knowledge from dead men. Sighing he looks around. "What help you need from Vharg?" He asks Alexi.


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer (Wildblooded) 1

Idle Chatter(Research) - Alexei

"I think this is the book you were looking for, Professor Dirven. Cultus Obscuro, correct?"

Setting the tome on a nearby table, Calavas returns to scribbling notes from another book, then pauses briefly as a thought occurs to him. "Professor? I don't mean to be a bother, but I never did hear what focus your studies were on at the University. May I ask again?"


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

DMJ, can I attempt to aid another for these checks? I don't have the skill, but since we are in a libary? *shrug* worth a try right? Hardest part will be trying to figure out a way to rollplay Vharg aiding another... eh he will probably end up knocking the right book off the shelf on accident.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Idle Chatter with Calavas

Alexei is engrossed in the book and starts, saying My apologies Calavas. I studied Alchemy, biology, and chemistry with particular emphasis on explosives as well as on biochemical pharmacology.

Approaching Mortimer he says We seem to have won Father Grimburrow over. I think we might be able to broach the subject of the cache without issue but I promised I would discuss it first.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Upon being given access to the Pharasmins' records, Mortimer gets a glint in his eye and a smirking his lips. He takes to the stacks of scrolls and books with gusto, but largely keeps to himself as he digs around.

Knowledge Religion to learn about the Church's activities in connection to the Undead and to Necromancy. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

When Alexei finds him, it is in a frustrated state as he was unable to find anything incriminating. He frowns. "I think it's still a little premature. We don't know what we're dealing with at the prison itself. Has anyone turned up anything useful yet in the history if the prison or who was imprisoned there? Maybe the staff?" he says.


Vharg, you can certainly aid another on the check. While you're not trained, the aid another DC on skill checks is generally 10 which you can hit untrained. A perfect balance. And yes, it will be interesting to see how you roleplay a "success". :-)

Mortimer:
While researching alone.

You curse under your breath yet again as another book turns up nothing that sends up a red flag. What you've learned of the church, if anything these men are supposed to be strict adversaries to undeath, their clerics sworn to destroy the abomination that is life after death. Yes, a clever front, probably all the easier to hide behind when they practice their evil ways.

You learn the basic info of the church, specifically that they're hunters of undead like yourself. However with a poor roll as you had, this knowledge is tainted a bit by your bigotry towards religious institutions. Use that as you will. ;-)

Reminder that Harrowstone knowledge is either History or Local. Up to 3 people can attempt to aid the "primary" person making the check. Also though keep in mind that this represents a day of work, so those not researching should think of what they want to do with their time.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

There is a polite cough behind the group during their research. A young man of roughly 18 winters and Varisian by both blood and style. A brilliant red scarf contrasts brilliantly with his dark leather armor as does a ruby ring on his finger.

51 to 100 of 780 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.