Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DMJ's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jonasty1031

A game of horror and survival. Can you brave the hidden threats and evils of Ustalav?

Current Map


551 to 600 of 780 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks at the specters and says Fascinating. He then walks over to one of the doors that they disappeared into and checks it for traps before opening it.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Disable if necessary 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Alexei pushes his tools into the lock on one of the doors, rotating the thin metal pieces around for a moment. Despite his best efforts, the lock doesn't give and the door handle refuses to turn.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer jumps back and reaches for his crossbow. He watches the horrific display with a rapidly beating heart but observes it for its qualities, his training kicking in.

Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 +2 more vs Undead


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"Bad indeed, Vharg." Randu eyes Alexei, "I can give it a try as well if you like."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Alexi, if you wanted Disable Device is one of the skills that you can take 20 on. Randu could assist you to bring the check upto Disable of 30

Arrrrh! What was that? Eyes nervously flickering to each of the walls Vharg takes a deep breath, mostly succeeding in calming himself. Randu and Alexi, You work door. Vharg watch back


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

That would be excellent Randu. I can't quite thread the last two teeth. If I took a bit more time I might be able to crack it with your help.

Take 20 as Vharg suggests with Randu's aid hopefully.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu nods, and works with Alexei, "I see what you mean, it is tricky."

can Randu aid a take twenty by taking twenty? :) If so, yay!
If not...

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

"Violence, pain, and death. There is an indelible stain left upon this place." Ilya shook his head to clear the image. "The door may not be locked in the sense you understand it... Ilya ran his fingers lightly across the door's frame. The dead do not wish us to proceed...

Ilya will retrieve a Haunt Siphon from his pack, in case picking the lock fails again.

Ugh... Work just about killed me this weekend. Posting should be much more regular from here on!


No worries, I understand work stuff. :-)

Alexei and Randu begin working at one of the locks. However while working slowly to breach the lock they suddenly find no resistant to their picks, the lock clicking open easily. As it does, Mortimer nods his head with a grim smile.

Ilya has it right enough. What you lads are seeing is in fact a haunt. I'll wager that... He holds out a hand and waits a moment. He then reaches out and grabs hold of one of the other door handles and moves to open it. The door slams shut in his face as it had to Vharg and then the apparitions appear again around the room, while the doors all become unmovable walls despite your attempts to open them.

Yep, this room, these doors, are possessed by some of the spirits that haunt this place.

You've learned that this is a Slamming Portal haunt. It affects each door within the room but only when attempting to leave, thus why you didn't notice it when going in.

Please see the OOC thread for additional haunt info.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

Ilya carefully replaced the haunt siphon in his belt pouch. He rummaged around for several seconds before finally retrieving a small flask of holy water.

"If you'll excuse me, chaps."

Ilya will splash the holy water liberally over the doors. Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


As Ilya splashed the water across the doors, all of the doors in the room suddenly began to open and slam shut repeatedly for a few seconds and you all cringe at the noise it raises but then just as suddenly it stops. Vharg moves cautiously back to the door he tried to open originally and turned the knob. The door opened easily in his hand and didn't make any moves to shut again.

Looking down the hallway, more weak light filtered in through a small barred window in the south wall provider dim illumination. The hallway stretched a short distance until it turned to the right. At the end there was a door set into the wall and along the north wall were three shut doors as well.

I'm at work so I'll post an updated map when I get home. I assumed you guys were gonna continue through the door Vharg originally chose but let me know if that was incorrect.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Ha ha ha! Moving doors and we all get scared! Come on boys grow a pair! Ha ha" Perrah shakes her head as the tension breaks a little and moves the dancings red lights as directed.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer smirks at Perrah, but he replaces it with a look of grim solemnity. "Keep an eye and an ear... And a nose... Well, just be alert for anything unusual. These Haunts can manifest in an endless variety of ways and many are far less pleasant than a few burnt faces and slamming doors." he says, gesturing for Vharg to take the lead.

Perception down the corridor. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 +2 more vs Undead


Moving down the corridor, you see that where it turns north is actually just a short recess with another door in the wall, next to the other one at the end. The hallway itself proved safe enough, Mortimer not having found any traps along the way and no haunts manifesting themselves. There appear to be no traps on the doors but unlike the doors in the previous room, which were all solid and sturdy from the animating energy of the spirits, the doors lining this hallway are all rotted in their frames. They don't appear to be locked but they are firmly wedged in place with rot and don't budge easily at your touch. (DC 13 Str check to break open.)

With his high roll, I'll use Mortimer's Percep to finish describing the hallway itself and "clear it" of stuff. Pic up when I get home but it's basically an L-shaped hallway with doors leading off it.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Stand back! Vharg know what to do. Getting as much distance from the door as possible, Vharg closes his eyes for a moment recalling the sight of the flaming skulls shooting out of the walls. He begins to breath heavily and when his eyes open there is an air of madness about him. Rage for one round Then, like a deer bolting after spotting the hunter Vharg rams the door with the full strength of his body.

Strength check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

With a loud crash the door is rocked off its jammed frame, stiring up years worth of collected dust. See, Vharg not need puny lock-picks


Current Map So which door are you kicking in, you've got 5 to choose from?


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

I was going for the bottom right one


The door shatters under the blow of Vharg's shoulder and he almost stumbles into the small room beyond. Looking around, it appears to be a clerical office for the prison, filled with burned furniture and moth riddle papers and ledgers.

Map


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"A man could get a complex," Randu mutters. While he is reluctant to confess it, the haunt did spook him. I feel like a foolish child, afraid of thunder.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Oh. Good. Vharg rumbles to himself More books! Frowning he gives a perfunctory sweep around the room looking for anything of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Huh... Perra if this paper room for prison, there could be information on prisoners?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Let me see!" Perrah dives in and begins to investigate the paperwork with fingers and tail. She hums happily to herself a little ditty, that sounds much like the first verbals of an offensive fire spell.

She does stop briefly to touch the shattered hinges and wood splinters, "lockpicks are soo common but so clean! Ha ha ha." she chuckles.

Perrah arranges the papers into four piles, discarding anything pointless or badly damaged first. Then she taps the first pile into neatness and begins to assess the numbers and details.

"This is about the prisoners. This is food and the officers. This is the infirmary information and the last pile, the smallest, makes mention of names we know. Names like Hawkran the warden."

Her long fingers flick up and down as she enumerates the list.


Looking around the room, there doesn't seem to be anything of value monetarily. Perrah gets the various papers and journals organized. It's pretty clear to tell that it was a records room but between all the damage and age, it's hard to pick anything useful out of the detrious.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Ramdu also helps, not looking for the obvious, but hidden caches, secret panels and the like.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


You don't find anything else in the room other than what has alreayd been described.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

I can't view google-doc's from work, so this might be a little rough on me. Are there any other doors leading from the room I just broke into.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

HA-CHOOO! *Sniff *sniff -"Either our Half-orcan lock-pick is kicking up quite a bit of mold and dust," Ilya wheezed, "or I am allergic to hauntings..."


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

"That'd be a useful ability, Ilya." Mortimer says as he keeps watch in the hall. "Anything important in there Perrah?" he asks.

@Vharg
No more doors off this room, but we are in a room on the North side of a corridor, West of the first room with the slamming doors haunt. There is another door on the North side next to the one that led into this room, and there is another down the corridor to the West where the corridor turns North.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Ok lets try to other door that was next to the one that lead into this room. I'll assume its still jammed

Summoning up his bestial strength once more Vharg throws himself into the jammed door using the weight of his body like a ram to smash the door out of its frame. Rage for one round (4 rounds remaining)

Strength Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Saving a little time, the other 2 rooms along this wall are the same so clearing them both.

Smashing in the next two doors, you find more of the same. Clerk rooms with moldy ledgers and papers scattered across rotted tables. Scanning the rooms, you again find nothing of any real interest although Perrah does manage to put enough of the papers and books together to get a passable image of the prison's staff and inmates.

Map link updated.

Using all the papers in the three rooms, you can use them as a resource to research Harrowstone's prisoners with the +2 bonus like the other locations. Still takes a full day of time but otherwise follows the same rules.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Sounds good. Lets move to check out S2, then S1 then the doors leading north out of S2.

After smashing his way through the doors in the hallway Vharg spits in disgust. Vharg want to keep moving. Not look at old papers later. Want to see more before sun goes down. Striding purposefully, he moves down the hallway towards the door inset into the Eastern wall.


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

"Can someone take these papers for me? I find carrying sheafs .... tiring. I am sorry Mortimer but they are not greatly useful. No certainties or answers," she apologises.


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

You mean West Vharg?

"We'll leave them for now. There's a bit more than we can carry." Mortimer says as he walks further down the hall. He approaches the southern door at the end of the corridor and listens, for anything. He sniffs the air and then peers at the door itself.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 +2 more vs Undead


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Randu keeps his eyes and ears peeled
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Alexei looks over at Perrah and says There seems to be a fairly significant amount to be taking Perrah. Perhaps we can come back for them once we search the building.

Alexei also removes the long leather gloves he was wearing, revealing long slender white fingers that end in wicked black claws. His bony tail has unwrapped itself from his waist and is continuously moving around him flicking back and forth.


Opening the last two doors off this hallway, you can see the room to the north is simply a washroom used by the guards and staff of the prison, a dustcovered bowl sitting on a stand. The door off of it leads to a privy.

The second southerly door leads into a spacious room that smells of mildew and rot like the others. A long desk and chair sit to the south, while to the northwest a narrow alcove contains a closed safe. Thick layers of dust lie undisturbed over everything in sight. Weak light filters in through the windows and it appears you've found the warden's office.

Map link updated. Revealed the last two rooms to save time and cause I assume you'd be checking them both.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

Randu, Alexei! Motions Vharg pointing to the safe, while in the same action turning to address them both. Vharg found steel box. You open, yes? Then seeing the black claws that were hidden under Alexei's gloves, Vhargs eyes go wide. Taking a deep breath he hesitantly takes a step back while holding tight to his black stone talisman. Then, as if making up his mind about something his heavy breathing stabilizes and he murmurs something to himself before nodding and waiting for Alexi and Randu to examine the safe.

Take 20 again with the assist?


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

Thee Warden's office, unless I miss my guess. Strange that it sits undisturbed after a riot, a fire, and the fall of the prison.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Survival to see if it really has been undisturbed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Yeah take 20 plus assist works for me.

Alexei moves over and begins inspecting the lock checking for traps and other nasty surprises.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


The safe and the room around it does appear to be undisturbed. Looking the lock and safe over, it doesn't appear to contain any traps in or around the mechanism.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

Sounds dandy.
Randu looks it over in conjunction with Alexei, "Excellent find, Vharg."
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 +1 to find traps


Still don't find any traps. :-)


Male Human Ranger 1 (Skirmisher, Infiltrator) AC 16 | HP 11/11 | F +2, R +5, W +2 (+4 vs fear) / Init +3 / Perc +6

Mortimer stands guard in the corridor while the others attend to the safe inside. "Who's office do you think this is? I suspect the Warden. Perrah, there may be some more files in his desk."


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

So does the combined 28/30 if Randu helps pass the disable device check?


Tiefling Transmuter 1, Hits 8, Init +4, Perception +1, AC 20, F +1, R +4, W +6

Perrah fairly leaps at the desk. She does cast a detection spell for any magic in the area. Then searches through the drawers.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"No traps." Randu chuckles,"As is probably obvious by the fingers on my hand being still attached."


Randu and Alexei pour over the safe for minutes, the soft sound of their work filling the air. As they do, Perrah pours through the desk, trying to find something of quality amongst the detrius. With a final click the safe opens and Randu and Alexei peer inside.

Perrah gives up on the desk and looks into the safe at the glowing vials within. Everyone quickly gathers arounf the desk as the items are placed upon it. Things are quickly identified and sorted amongst the group of you.

In the safe you find:

  • 4 potions of cure moderate wounds
  • 3 potions of lesser restoration
  • 2 potions of remove disease
  • 500gp

There was nothing else of interest in the room.


Male Human Ranger-3[HP: 31/ 31|AC 18 T11 FF 17 | Saves F +4, R +4. W+4|Init+2|Perc +9|CMB +7; CMD 17]

"Profitable, judging by coin alone." Randu's smile widens.


Grimspawn Tiefling Alchemist (Beastmorph) (AC 14 / HP 9 / F +2 R +4 W +0 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

These will definitely be useful. Alexei agrees. Shall we see what other treasures await? Hopefully something that will shed light on the Professor's demise.


Male Samsaran Foresight Diviner 2
Stats:
HP 16/16 | AC 13, T 13, FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | Init +8 | Perception +7

This Warden Hawkran seems to have been quite the hero, wouldn't you say? He ran a very tight ship it seems. Then when all went to hell, he took the responsibility upon himself to handle the situation. It's a pity there's nothing left here or in his home to give insight into the man, himself.

Come, friends. His final resting place lies below us. No doubt we shall stumble upon it presently...


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 (Invulnerable Rager) AC 17 / HP 14 / F +5 R +3 W +4 / Init. +4 / Perc. +6)

DMJ, did we already check out S5 and the little closet that is unmarked to the left of it?

Good! If we fight then best to have healing Vharg then takes one of the Cure Moderate Wound potions stuffing it into a partially cured leather sack that hangs off his belt. If nothing else here, we move before we lose light. Vharg not want to be here when sun goes down.

551 to 600 of 780 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.