Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM jlord's Savage World of My Little Pony (Inactive)

Game Master jlord


401 to 450 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Called shots are if you want to hit something specific, like his head or his axe arm, etc. AKA "I am calling a shot to his arm." Often implying some extra nonmechanically specified benefit, like if you hit his arm, the GM might give a chance that he drops the axe, etc. In this case you might be calling a shot to hit somewhere without armor covering.


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

The rules for called shots are in the Savage Worlds Core rule book. The description that the GM gave is accurate as to their mechanics. The creator of the MLP rule book did not duplicate any of the rules that were fully explained in the Savage World Core, which is why it is often mentioned, but not explained.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Yeah, I figured. It was either that or my Control-F magics were failin' me. :P


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Element Blast's another shot at Norgrug's Head, which misses it's target.

Shep Shaken Roll: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 61d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Shep shakes his head violently, regaining his composure.

Norgrug lift's his axe, and brings it down to hit Shep!!

Attack: 1d12 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 101d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Damage: 1d12 + 1d10 ⇒ (10) + (4) = 14

The Axe hits Shep's armor, denting it and it's force causing Shep to step back in pain. Shep receives another wound and is shaken

Round 2 Initiative
3♦Lark
2♣Porc bodyguards (2)


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark squirms atop her captured porc. "Uh, guys, not sure I can hold this one much--hey!" She glares at Norgrug. "You're not even going to give him a minute to recover? You're such a posing knave, you--just--you stupid little grub! I'll break your bucking neck! You're not the first bug I've squashed! You--just back down! I'll..."
Her threats get nastier as her captive begins to break free. Finally, a kick catches her in the chin. She looks down at the porc, eyes narrowed. "That's it. Higgs is dead, I haven't eaten since this morning, and I'm really, really angry. I think I've had it. I'm not sure, though. Okay, I've had it. Guys, look away. I'm going to try eating meat. I'm going to do this. I don't care how my stomach feels about it. Hold still, knave. I've totally lost my mind. It's bucking genetic."
Taunt at the bodyguard: 1d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 2


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

I went into detail of Some of the Called Shots and disarm rules in the Discussion thread.


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

Thanks for that.


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Porc Spirit Roll: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 Porc Bodyguard Incapacitated

"NO! Please! No Eat Me! No Eat Me! I Yield! I Surrender! I Give Up! Get Off Me Crazy Pony!" The Porc wails underneath Higgs!

"Get off him!" The other Porc Bodyguard yells at Higgs as he charges her, slamming into her with his shoulder, trying to knock her off of him.

Porc Bodyguard's Strength: 1d10 ⇒ 8 Vs Lark's Str

Round 3 Initiative
✰♠♤♣♧♥♡♦♢
K♣ Element
Q♥ Doc
J♠ Lark
J♣ Night
10♠ Porc Bodyguard (1)
3♥ Shep (shaken)
2♦ Norgrug


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Strength: 1d4 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 4
Lark is launched.
She picks herself up, glaring. She takes a deep breath, tapping the floor, and starts talking. "Nice shove there, doesn't change a thing, you're outnumbered. Did you really think Equestria would just let you pull this sort of craziness? Kidnapping a foal? We've come for you. And if we lose, more'll come. They always do. They'll just collapse the whole place. Both of you!" She looks at Norgrug as well as she continues. "You can struggle all you like. We'll always keep coming. We may fight among each other, um-um-um, we don't let non-ponies get away with this crud. There are a lot of ponies. All you have is a magic barrier you don't even understand and a couple dozen, um, truffle-hunting rat-faced morons."
She begins to unconsciously flap her wings, rising a few feet above the others. And still she keeps ranting.
"And we aren't even warriors! We're just here to make some bits. So how is it that we're winning? Explain it. Because right now, it's really disappointing, see. We, um, thought we were going up against these really tough things called 'porcs'. But every single porc so far has just..." She pauses a moment, giggling, stalling as she tries to maintain the flow of words, "...started crying like a newborn and let us pass. Quarray eels are tough, landslides are tough, but the only way you're tough is if, maybe, it might be that maybe the meat isn't as tender as it aught to be. I'm told that tenderness is sort of important. You're all a bunch of foals, but there's only one foal in this place we care about keeping alive, and it's not you."[/b]
Taunt on the bodyguard: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Taunt of 4.
Taunt on Norgrug: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
And I'll try a Benny here. Doing two Taunts at once is kind of ill-advised, but Lark wants to react to the one who hit her, and I want to try Taunting Norgrug. Let's see...
Benny: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 61d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Explode: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
So that's a total of 9, or 7 if the penalty applies to both rolls. Cheers.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Bah. Posted that when I was tired, didn't notice the little error in bolding.


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

Oh my turn. I fire another Wind bolt at the leader. Aiming for the head.
Spellcraft:1d12 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 for:2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Night sends the bed flying after the last porc guard, "Time to squash the little one!"

Note to self, learn a healing spell, being injured hurts a lot. Ow


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Another Air bolt whips past Norgrug's head, coming dangerously close. With the -4 Element's blast barely misses.

"You little upstart..." Norgrug grumbles at Element Al.

Lark, Unless I missed something, you cannot do the same thing twice in a round. You could have taunted and persuaded, or taunted and attacked, but I don't think you can taunt more than one character a turn. That being said, to keep things going, I'm going to let it slide. If you see something that says you can do it to more than one being in a turn though, let me know.

Porc Bodyguard Spirit: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 Incapacitated

Norgrug: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -21d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2 Wow... Maybe I shouldn't of let that slide, DM Bennie time.
Norgrug: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 31d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Ace: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The last porc body guard lowers his weapon, losing his resolve to fight. "B-Boss what will we do? T-they're not even warriors of their tribe!"

Norgrug turns his full attention to Lark. "Why you little whelp! Bringing an entire army wouldn't do you no good." Norgrug says between gnashed teeth, Shaken uncontrollably with anger from Lark's taunt!

With the Porc Bodyguard out, Night might want to revisit her action. I had Doc hold till after lark since he hasn't posted yet.

Round 3 Initiative
✰♠♤♣♧♥♡♦♢
Q♥ Doc
J♣ Night
3♥ Shep (shaken)
2♦ Norgrug (shaken)


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

The bed goes flying past Norgrug for the little dude then does a sudden flip right at Norgrug.

Edit: Helps if I roll stuff;
1d8 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 1
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d8 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

I think I hit him this time, I think I also broke the bed.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Wow, I'm sorry. I should have remembered that. And since it appears to have made a difference, I really don't feel right about this. I'd just come up with a reason for Lark to forfeit her next action, but I'm not even sure the combat will last that long if Night squashes Norgrug like a bedbug. ;D
So I'll have to balance out the karma later on. I'll think of something. In the meantime, I'm gonna go over the book and try to ensure this doesn't happen again.


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

"The last of your bodyguards is gone Norgrug. Surrender now and no further harm will come to you. You are out-numbered and out-matched. Put your weapon down!"

Clash of Wills - Persuasion
1d8 ⇒ 8
1d6 ⇒ 2

Explode
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Norgrug's Smarts: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 21d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3 3 Daunts, Incapacitated!

Norgrug looks from Lark back to Doc. His anger slowly subsides as he takes in the situation. Finally with a sigh, he drops his great axe. "...You win little ponies. You have sacked my home and defeated my people. What do you want?" He says through gritted teeth.

Encounter Won!


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"First, we want the filly back, second, we want to know why you keep raiding our farms, and third, we want an end said raids. We can either come to a solution good for both our peoples, or just good for ponies, the choice is yours." Night stares at him angrily exuding as much confidence as she can muster, and trying not to flinch from the deep gash in her side.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Why'd you even go kidnapping foals, anyways?" Lark frowns. "I thought you porcs just went after food. It doesn't make much sense, does it? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Why the change? Where's the foal?"


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I adjust my glasses clearly frustrated. "You have also proven quite unreasonable as well. Overly violent too. You killed one of our and we have spared so many of yours! Where is your honor!? Is violence and inhospitality your way of life? If we cannot come to some sort of compromise, things will end in war I fear. As we can prove, a handful of us can defeat the best of you without drawing blood. We aren't even the best of our kind and we defeated you. Best you wise up now and make the smart choice."
Persuade:1d10 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 61d6 ⇒ 2


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

She blinks, and turns to Nightflight. "Oh, by the way, are you okay? You kind of took a beating there, right? I wasn't really able to pay attention--too busy grappling that one--" She gestures to the porc in question. "--but I noticed you and Shep get hit. And you don't look so good."


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I pause and look over at Mintleaf and Shep. "Wait your hurt? I can heal if you need it. Let me know, Clover taught me a good healing spell."
I offer Restoration. Spellcraft:1d12 ⇒ 111d6 ⇒ 4 I don't have the rules for restoration in front of me.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4
The Rules wrote:

School: Abjuration

Casting Modifier: -1
Range: Touch
Duration: Instant
Trappings: White glow suffusing the entire body
Restoration heals wounds and injuries, as long as it is used within an hour of them being sustained. On a success the target heals one wound, or two on a raise. Apply the target’s wound penalties to the Spellcraft roll (in addition to any you have sustained yourself). Restoration can also cure poison or disease if used within 10 minutes of the event.

So your total roll is a 10, if I understand this right, and you need at least a 3 for Mint (not sure how many Wounds Shep has taken). I'm assuming that's what it means by "Apply the target's wound penalties to the Spellcraft roll". So you heal Mint two Wounds. But I could very easily be mistaken. There's a reason I decided not to play a unicorn. ;P

Oh, and if Al's taken Wounds himself, they would increase the difficulty further.


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Actually he takes several penalties on his roll, I"ll assume for this example that he is healing me.

He takes a -1 for the difficulty of the spell (casting modifier) and a -3 for my wounds and a -0 for his lack of wounds, for a total of -4 on his roll, then if he gets a 4 I am healed 1 wound, if he gets an 8 I am healed for 2 wounds.

His roll is 11-4=7, which heals only 1 wound, unless he can find a bonus somewhere like his cutie mark or something.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Wait, you can heal ponies? Is that even possible? I guess it is, given what you're doing here. See, this is why we lost--not that we really fought, but I think there were at least a couple raids (I wasn't a part of them, of course) and we usually lost them. Unicorns're like geckos, no offense, and no matter how many tails you pull off--no offense, I'm just saying, would've been nice to know about the healing thing back when we were all freezing to death--though I wasn't really around then, but healing's a useful trick, right?"

Lark coughs. She pulls out of a saddlebag a large matchbox and starts fumbling with it. "Anyways, you're offering it now, and that's good. Not like I was hurt! These porcs cry easier than a hungry crocodile, don't they? It's almost fun! Not that I like making ponies or porcs cry, but it's really easy. Kind of lets me get some stuff out of my system, right? Um-um-um, anyways."

She turns to Norgrug. "Anyways, chief, you're slow to answer. Murk Rug, aye? I don't actually care why you foalnapped the foal. We're just here to make sure it doesn't happen again. And to get the foal back. We just want to get the foal back, deal with the whole theft mess, and take our corpse home so she can get some sort of burial. Don't suppose she had family--she might have, though. I kind of got the sense she didn't, but I wasn't really paying attention. We might be able to set it up so you don't have to steal anymore. Get you some real food. Probably not meat--well, maybe meat. It'd be old, though. Vulture food, that sort of thing. Ponies don't exactly live in butcheries, right?"

She turns to the others, as if expecting an answer. Then, she gives her head a shake and turns back to the chief. The pause is less than a second, but her continuation is very quick and somewhat nervous. "Anyways, we don't really care about you all, you can leave or you can stay. The theft isn't even really our business--though I guess we care about it?--I mean, I don't like theft, but we're here for the foal, and we've gotta have priorities so we don't get sidetracked. I'd like to make it back without too much hassle, right? None of you lot are dead. Once we're gone, you'll probably end up back in your routine, so the sooner we get the foal, the sooner things go back to normal. If you just tell us why you took the foal, and give the foal back, we'd be much obliged, and maybe we can forget the whole incident ever happened, right?"

Persuasion: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 ⇒ 3


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4
Nightflight Mintleaf wrote:

Actually he takes several penalties on his roll, I"ll assume for this example that he is healing me.

He takes a -1 for the difficulty of the spell (casting modifier) and a -3 for my wounds and a -0 for his lack of wounds, for a total of -4 on his roll, then if he gets a 4 I am healed 1 wound, if he gets an 8 I am healed for 2 wounds.

His roll is 11-4=7, which heals only 1 wound, unless he can find a bonus somewhere like his cutie mark or something.

Ah, that was the alternative way to interpret it. I just couldn't work out the minimum roll for success. See? This is why I play a pegasus whose speciality is in standing around and annoying people. :P

So the penalty is equal to the "DC"? Good to know.


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Actually the penalty equaling the DC was by chance, the DC is always one of three numbers, 4, a stat, or an opposed roll. The penalties and bonuses are added to the roll just like modifiers in PF except they stack more often then not. (Daunts and wounds not stacking is the only case of nonstacking penalties, of the top of my head anyway)

"Actually we are here for the foal and theft. Knowing why these porcs tool actions they did is the only way to find a good solution. We ended the winter only after we knew why it followed us."


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰
Nightflight Mintleaf wrote:
"First, we want the filly back, second, we want to know why you keep raiding our farms, and third, we want an end said raids. We can either come to a solution good for both our peoples, or just good for ponies, the choice is yours." Night stares at him angrily exuding as much confidence as she can muster, and trying not to flinch from the deep gash in her side.

"You can have her back, We have no more use for her anyway. We keep raiding your food because your kind moved into our foraging lands and you somehow have an overabundance of food. The food we take is to makeup for our inability to forage for our own food. We will end said raids if you freely offer tribute for the land you stole."

Lark Lighthead wrote:
"Why'd you even go kidnapping foals, anyways?" Lark frowns. "I thought you porcs just went after food. It doesn't make much sense, does it? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Why the change? Where's the foal?"

"...We had captured a living mushroom, who is able to make magical items out of Salamander horns. We only had one though, and we thought that he might be able to make them out of unicorn horns too. I only needed the horn, but my porcs brought the whole pony." He reaches around his neck and pulls out an overly ornate key tied to a unfitting leather thong. He throws it to Lark. "She is through that door right there. You can have her, I have no more need for her."

Element Al wrote:
I adjust my glasses clearly frustrated. "You have also proven quite unreasonable as well. Overly violent too. You killed one of our and we have spared so many of yours! Where is your honor!? Is violence and inhospitality your way of life? If we cannot come to some sort of compromise, things will end in war I fear. As we can prove, a handful of us can defeat the best of you without drawing blood. We aren't even the best of our kind and we defeated you. Best you wise up now and make the smart choice."

"When someone brakes into your home you defend it. Do ponies let stranger into their homes to do what they see fit? We are a clan of warriors, fighting is in our blood. I am sorry for your lost friend, but you should have understood the dangers of entering our home. However, it is apparent that peace has made us soft, even with the prior attack. I do not want war with you ponies, but I must feed my people and I will continue to raid if need be."

Lark Lighthead wrote:

She turns to Norgrug. "Anyways, chief, you're slow to answer. Murk Rug, aye? I don't actually care why you foalnapped the foal. We're just here to make sure it doesn't happen again. And to get the foal back. We just want to get the foal back, deal with the whole theft mess, and take our corpse home so she can get some sort of burial. Don't suppose she had family--she might have, though. I kind of got the sense she didn't, but I wasn't really paying attention. We might be able to set it up so you don't have to steal anymore. Get you some real food. Probably not meat--well, maybe meat. It'd be old, though. Vulture food, that sort of thing. Ponies don't exactly live in butcheries, right?"

She turns to the others, as if expecting an answer. Then, she gives her head a shake and turns back to the chief. The pause is less than a second, but her continuation is very quick and somewhat nervous. "Anyways, we don't really care about you all, you can leave or you can stay. The theft isn't even really our business--though I guess we care about it?--I mean, I don't like theft, but we're here for the foal, and we've gotta have priorities so we don't get sidetracked. I'd like to make it back without too much hassle, right? None of you lot are dead. Once we're gone, you'll probably end up back in your routine, so the sooner we get the foal, the sooner things go back to normal. If you just tell us why you took the foal, and give the foal back, we'd be much obliged, and maybe we can forget the whole incident ever happened, right?"

"Without the Mushroom, we have no way to use the unicorn horns, so we will not kidnap another of yours. I would be interested in your idea of Ponies paying us tribute with food however."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark catches the key with her mouth. She starts tapping her teeth against it as she frowns at Norgrug.

Intuition to determine if Norgrug is up to shenanigans: 1d10 ⇒ 91d6 ⇒ 4

Assuming she doesn't detect anything...

Lark spits the key out onto her hoof, and hooks the hoof into the leather strap. "Then let's put an end to this. I'm really tired of these caves..." She walks up to the door. "...and I can't wait to be back. We'll talk to the Baroness when we get there. I don't know that she'll really care, but she might arrange something..."

She grabs the key in her teeth again and inserts it into the lock. She keeps talking through the key, but it's essentially incomprehensible.

Lark is too hurried to make a deal about this, but I thought I should make note of two things Norgrug said that look interesting: the Mushroom and its current absence, of course, but also the "prior attack".


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Night lowers her rapier but doesn't put it away yet.

"I thought it might be something like that, except the foalnapping anyway. The baroness may or may not give you anything for free that is her desicion but if you have stuff to trade, she would have no ability to refuse.
I see you have some well crafted weapons and armor, so you must have some good blacksmiths and tools are always in demand. Particularly the tools we use to grow food."

"You also said "without the mushroom," Did something happen to the mushroom?"
"Does have anything to do with the prior attack you mentioned? And what was it that attacked?"


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I adjust my glasses as I listen. "So you claim this land as yours? You had no settlements established where we set up so that land is clearly not yours and therefore you have no right to raid and expect there to be no consequence for doing so. Instead of making peace you'd rather make war. If not then why haven't you approached us to ask if maybe we'd teach you how to farm? I am sure the Baroness would be willing to allow you and yours to learn the modest art of farming. This demanding tribute and conducting raids WILL lead to war. The land is not yours, you did not make it, you are simply using it and so are we. Now, if trade can be arranged, then I believe we can get along. As Mintleaf suggests, you could trade tools for food. Or, for lessons on farming for food."

I ponder for a moment. "A living Mushroom? Interesting." I dive into my knowledges to see if I know of such a thing.
Jack-of-all-Trades Knowledge:1d4 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 5


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"Element, there are very few places where plants can grow big and strong on their own. Farming isn't very effective without the earth ponies magic. Teaching them to farm might help a little but probably not enough to make much difference."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark glances back, leaving the key in the lock. "Can non-earths even farm in the first place? I thought the whole put-parts-of-plants-in-the-ground-and-get-them-to-grow-and-get-animals-to-o bey-you was kind of, like, a thing that didn't work unless you had that weird earth stuff. Is that not how it works?"
She waits a moment for an answer.


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

"It's not that other ponies absolutely can't farm, but rather that you have no skill at it. Unicorns have skills in magic, and Pegasus skills at flying. We Earth Ponies have our own special abilities, and that is the practical magic of building and farming. But, remember that it takes all kinds of ponies for a good harvest. We work the earth, Pegasus' ensure that we have good weather, and Unicorns ward off disaster with their magic."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"We have 'skills' in flying? We can fly. You can't. How's that the same thing as us just being bad at the dirt-tending thing?"


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Lark does not think that Norgrug is up to anything, but it is fairly obvious he is being a bit vague.

"Perhaps we could set up some sort of meeting to discus terms."Norgrug mutters a Night speaks. "The Mushroom was taken from us by the cats... I know not how they entered but they arrived by the dozens and stole the mushroom and varnished before we could stop them. I sent most of my porcs out to look for them, and that is when you all decided to... pay me a visit."

Norgrug looks over towards Element as he speaks. "We are not ponies. We do not build settlements, nor do we live where we forage. Our veiws of territory is obviously different from your own. building something on stolen land with stolen supplies does not give you sovereignty. We do not have magic flight or the ability to make food grow at our whim as you ponies do. Perhaps some sort of trade could work, if we cannot be taught to grow our own food, but you ponies now live on the land that we would farm."

Element Al, you remember reading something in Clover the Clever's Library about plants and fungus that have grown in strange and magical places long enough to have developed sentience. Mushrooms in particular are the most common and such a living mushroom is called a Matango. Such creatures are usually knowledge seeking and obsess about learning and gaining more knowledge. Even though Matango are more common, they are still extremely rare.

Lark, as you unlock and open the iron bound door, you see a room with a lard pile of stolen food from Trottingham in the far corner. Over to the side you see a little currled up in a call on the floor, fast asleep. Lastly several small chests line the wall to the right of the room.


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"Yes, I will get The baroness to meet with you here...then you two can discuss the trade agreement. And these cats sound dangerous so we should pool together to fight them off if they keep making trouble, and if you need some help finding the mushroom."

Night pulls out the map and points at the place where the porcs told us about the secret way into the fort. And seriously wishing Element would focus on healing. (Which he has made only one roll so far and so has two ponies with several more wounds to heal, of course out of combat it is really a matter of time to heal it all, so we can always just hand wave it)

Night will also set the date of the meeting for however long it'll take to get the foal home, and get the baroness to the meeting spot plus 1 day. Which I think is two days but time always gets distorted rl me.


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I take a moment to collect myself. I ponder. Still this porc speaks of stealing? Is it remotely possible to claim ownership and use that as a legitimate claim to raid anyone who comes too it? That makes it more like a trap. No no, Hmm. Diplomacy is not my gift, I will let the Baroness sort it out. Other matters to attend to.

I look to the others and adjust my glasses. "I remember reading of these Mushrooms. They are called Matango and they gain sentience by dwelling in magical places for long periods. Even so they are still VERY rare. They wander seeking knowledge. It would be a huge opportunity to find this creature. We could learn so much from it."


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"Perhaps, but it is their friend, and they haven't asked for our help finding it. You can always to come back for a visit. I am sure a few others would be happy to come trade information."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark trots into the room, and gives the foal a gentle nudge. She seems to be focusing very intently on the conversation in the other room.


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Fine then, you can bring your pony leader here to meet me and we can discuss. He is not allowed to enter our home until he is invited by me personally. When you arrive, wait at the front door. And we do not need assistance from ponies in our affairs. We can take care of cats ourselves."

When Lark nudges the little pony, she stirs. "Huh...who are you..?" she says bleary eyed as she starts to stand up. She is a young filly, probably about the same age as cookie dough. She has an orange mane and pink fur, although she is currently covered in dirt. Despite her age, she already has a cutie mark, a blue sparkly heart. However, the most startling thing about this little filly, is that her unicorn horn is missing, replaced with a small indentation of where it once was.

"A-are you here to save me from the mean pig-ponies? They took my horn! They ripped it right off! It hurt so much! I need it back!" She starts to cry. "I want my horn back..."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark picks the filly up and hugs her, though she seems a bit unsure. "Don't worry. Shh. We're going to take you back to your parents. Shh."
She glances back. "Where's her horn?"
Things are getting kinda quiet, since Lark is trying to be a comforting presence.


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"The cats have it." Norgrug replies.

"I want it back!" Carrot Heart balls into Lark's mane.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Don't worry," Lark says, in what she means to be a soothing tone, "we'll get it back."
She looks up, frowning. "The--we'll talk to the, um, Baroness. And maybe you," she looks at Norgrug, "should provide us with the horn if you're able to retrieve it. A show of good faith might make the Baroness more interested in making a deal with your lot."
Persuasion: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Benny: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
I have to use the second result, yes? I'll take that 6, then. ^__^


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"I think we should get her horn back. Particularly if we coordinate with the porcs, they can retrieve the mushroom and we can retrieve her horn, and the cats will be split between us making it easier to defeat them on both fronts."


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Rerolling with bennies always takes the highest roll.

"If my porcs return with the horn, I will return it. If my Porcs return empty handed, then perhaps we can make some sort of combinded effort."


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark nods, turning back to the filly. "Hear that, Carrot? You really needn't worry, because we'll get your horn back, and we're going to take you home. Everything will be fine."
She looks up at Mintleaf. "I, um, really think we should just get out of here--get back to the baroness, get this little one back home, all that. We've got a corp--um, um, we've got our friend, who is sleeping and not dead, who needs to be taken back, and we've got the little one, and we've got money to collect, and I think we should be quick about things."


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"...Ok..." Carrot replies morosely.

So now what? Do you guys leave with Carrot?


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark is in favor of that. All opposed?


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

Upon seeing Carrot, Doc says, "Great Scott!"

He looks to the other ponies and says, "I think it might be time for a huddle up."

Once the others are listening and close, "Look, I don't think we should trust them. We do need to let the Baroness know what happened, but I don't think we should wait for the porcs to return Carrot's horn. They stole it once and killed one of us. We should send word back, but seek it ourselves."

401 to 450 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Savage World of My Little Pony! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.