Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM jlord's Savage World of My Little Pony (Inactive)

Game Master jlord


251 to 300 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Alright, so we're going through the secret tunnel. Are we going to sneak? If we need a lookout, that's something I can do."


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"I will be the forward scout. I can disguise myself if needed. I can also get by without light."


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

Higgs from up front and hidden says, "Can you keep please it down back there!, I'm trying to see what ahead and would really not like any thing to know we are coming before I spot it, mutter... mutter... mutter..."


Male Earth Pony Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 7 | Tgh 8 | Bs 0

Shep looks up to Higgs and appologizes "sorry, i'll do my best to keep it down"
sorry for being gone for a week guys, was having some real life issues, I can safely say that that's about all i would have had to say though :P


Male Earth Pony Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 7 | Tgh 8 | Bs 0

as far as the sneaking around goes, shep does his best to keep quiet as well.

Stealth:1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

yea... so shep attempts to walk in a crouch to soften his hoof-steps, but doing so increases the clinking of his armor, resulting in no change in noticeability


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I sigh. Adjusting my glasses I lament. "Very well, lead on." I follow as stealthily as I can.

Stealth:1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The group starts making its way around the plateau and eventually comes to some shrubbery growing against the side of the plateau. Behind it is a small hold that leads into darkness. The hole is small, and is tight for the brawny earth ponies, but the others will fit just fine, although it doesn't leave much space to maneuver.

DM rolls:
Shep1d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Lark1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 51d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Doc1d8 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 1
Higgledy1d4 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 4
Element1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 4
Lark1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 1
???1d10 ⇒ 3

Nightflight takes the lead, casting magic trick to make her horn glow. As the group trots through the small windy ave, both Shep and Lark get a sinking feeling that something bad is about to happen. As Night continues forward, the room opens up and she sees a GIANT SPIDER appears in the illumination of her spell as it shoots webs at her, and misses!

Map is up, place your characters somewhere behind Nightflight's placement.

Battle Map is Here!

Let me know if there is trouble viewing it.


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

GM how was Higgs surprised do this help with that.

Quick
Requirements: Novice, Agility d8+
You have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head in times of
stress. You may discard and redraw any Action Card of a 5
or lower until you get a card higher than a 5.


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Actually, I made a mistake. Higgs will be able to act, hold on...


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

DM Rolls:
Nightflight 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 3

INITIATIVE Surprise Round
Held Shep
Held Lark
J♣ Element
4♥> 10♥ Nightflight
2♥> 6♦ Higgledy
5♦ Doc Gearbox

Lark and Shep start initiative holding action, they can take their turns whenever they want.

Battle Map is Here!


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark adjusts her battered helmet. "Not one of these."
She starts speaking rapidly as the fight progresses.
Lark will hold her action for now. I have a vague idea for what she could do, but I'm not sure it works with the spider's anatomy.

GM:
So I was thinking, as a Fighting roll, Lark could throw her bar of soap into the spider's mouth. However, since spider mouths are kinda hard to throw stuff in, would that have a chance of working?
Actually, come to think of it, I have an alternative plan, but it might make things inconvenient, so I'll hold off on it for now and stick to the soap thing.


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I'm likely in 3C on the map. Not much use to anyone back there.


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

First off, I am likely around 5A for my position

"I don't think we are going to be able to reason with this fellow..."

Doc attempts to remember everything he learned about Giant Spiders and shares whatever he recalls with the group.

Nature - 1d8 ⇒ 3
Wild - 1d6 ⇒ 2


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Night dashes forward, drawing her rapier and jumps on it, horseshoes first.

fighting: 1d4 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

Higg's is at the back really dos not like not being in a place she can not fly

cross posted with GM so below is use any more


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Lark:
If you want to throw your soap into the spiders mouth, you can try. Not sure how useful it would be, but it will probably be funny. I'll think about what will happen if you succeed, let me know if you end up doing this or not.

Doc besides the creature being creepy and scary, you don't know much about these spiders.

Element, you can still move forward your pace and do something if you wish.

Gonna wait Another day for Shep and Higgledy to post, and for Element and Lark to make up their minds.


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

If I can get line of sight I could try my magic Missile. How exactly does casting spells work again? I simply roll spellcraft and hope to be two values with one roll and roll for damage right?

How many times a day can I cast magic missile? It isn't a cantrip.


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

You cast a spell by rolling spellcraft, hit the target number and you cause shaken, get a raise and cause a wound, unless the spell says otherwise. SWMLP has no limt on number per day for spells (The original system has power points)


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark reaches into one of her saddlebags and procures a large bar of soap. "It's probably poisonous! These things are always poisonous! Wow, well swung, Mint, that looked--whoops, thing's a bit slippery!"
She throws the soap at the spider, aiming for its grasping mandibles.
Fighting: 1d4 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 2
The pegasus scowls. "Very slippery. Tartarus take it. It was either the soap or the lantern, though. I require that device for--I can't go smashing it. Maybe I'll use it if..."
She continues as the fight continues. ;)


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

"Whats going on up there?"
Higgs says from the back of the line


Male Earth Pony Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 7 | Tgh 8 | Bs 0

il take 6A if it isnt already occupied
Shep springs to action, moving to B8, putting himself between the threat and the rest of the party, attacking the mindless beast as he gets there!

fighting (studded horseshoe): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Explosion: 1d6 ⇒ 3

total damage: 13 (more if an 8 to hit is a raise)

TAKE THAT! ALL Y'ALL SHOULD STAY BEHIND ME! I'LL HOLD IT OFF!


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

I adjust my glasses. "An enemy? Here let me try something!" I move up to get in range. I lower my head aiming my horn at the spider. I concentrate on the air in the tunnel. My horn glows a bright airy green as I focus the air in the chamber into a solid magic projectile. I release the missile at the spider.
Spellcraft:1d12 ⇒ 111d6 ⇒ 4 dealing 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 in damage.


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Lark throws a bar of soap at the spider, and misses. The spider looks at her. "DiD. yOu. jUSt. thRoW. SoaP. aT. ME...?" It clicks in answer.

Element moves forward and blasts a few wind missiles at the creature as Night trots forward and slices at the spiders eyes, causing it to back peddle in pain. Without missing a beat, Shep takes the opportunity to step into that space and buck the spider, hard, in he head, sending it flying out of the radius of the light, kicking up dust everywhere. After a long moment, it is obvious that the spider isn't likely getting up any time soon.

The tunnel leads into a small chamber, most of the walls lined with webs. What do you all do now?


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"At least it knew what soap was. I'd hate to see this place if it didn't."

Night continues leading the group".. ever onward, to their doom. Oh, Sorry, I'm narrating again."*whispering


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

AAAAUGH! IT'S GAMZEE!
;D

DM jlord wrote:
Lark throws a bar of soap at the spider, and misses. The spider looks at her. "DiD. yOu. jUSt. thRoW. SoaP. aT. ME...?" It clicks in answer.

"Um-um, sort of. Yes. It seemed like a good--"

Lark is cut off by the spider's defeat.
"Well, okay, then." She walks over, picks up the bar of soap, and puts it back in her bag. "Let's just keep going. You suppose there are more ahead? That spider had a funny voice. I've seen one or two before, but they weren't so big, and they didn't talk much. I usually didn't have to fight them, either. What do we do if another one shows up? I thought about setting the webs on fire, but that would probably hurt us, too. Even if we got clear, it might damage whatever else is down here. Actually, if we have to flee the porcs--yes, that sounds alright. Nice kick, Shep. I thought you were a rock farmer, not a--well, whatever job has you breaking rocks instead of farming them. Or is that part of the rock farming--anyways, what was that thing you did, Al? The windy thing? Some sort of unicorn spell, right? Well, of course it is. Dumb question. What I meant was..."


Male Earth Pony Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 7 | Tgh 8 | Bs 0

I am a rock farmer Miz Lark, ya gotta be able ta break rocks in my line of work, if ya cant, then it takes a looooong time fer the weather to break em down... but wait.. did... did that spider just talk?... ... i need a hard drink...
shep lets the observant stealthy type go ahead of him, but follows closely in case more danger rears its ugly 8-eyed head


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

"Can some one please tell me whats goi... O that's a big Spider1, why is it on its back?"

Higgs moves passed


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The chamber seems to be a dead end, but this is diffidently where the Porc Chops said the secret back entrance was. The spider is unconscious in the back corner of the chamber. What now? Do you head all the way back to the main entrance or...


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Lark frowns. "We may've been lied to."
She blinks. "Or, hang on, hang on, hang on."
She picks her way over the webs to the dead end. "Shep! How much do you know about stonework? Like, hidden doors and fake walls? Things like that? Anything?"


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

Night begins searching the area for either a secret door or something similar to a switch.
Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2

Upon finding nothing in the darkness she turns off the light and turns into bat and listens first to if can hear porcs on the other side of one of the walls, if not she will search with echolocation throughout the chamber and down the passage a ways.

Spellcraft: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 6

Explode: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
3xplode again: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

"Dead end huh? Well where in the heck is the tunnel the porch chops told us about?"

If Mint somehow did not find what we are looking for...

Notice - 1d8 ⇒ 3
Wild - 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Hearing no answer from Shep, Lark begins looking herself around the end of the passageway.
"Hm, let's see. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."
Notice: 1d8 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 3
I really ain't been rolling very well lately.


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

Higgs looks up,

"Hope we do not have to clime?


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

No one noticed the light go out before they started hearing a bat?


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

As the lights go out, Mintleaf flies around trying to get as much info as possible. It becomes known that there is a secret swivel door at the back of the chamber, and although there are no sounds of porcs right behind it, there is an echo of movement in the area, especially from above and to the west.

Does anyone find the sudden darkness and then bat noises strange?

Assuming that Mintleaf changes back, lights up, and shares the info:
Whoever opens the door finds a passage way leading east and west. Which way do you all go? And are you being stealthy?


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

Higgs is


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4
Quote:
And are you being stealthy?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHahahaha.
Yeah. :P
I'll post a proper thing in the morning, kinda got a self-imposed deadline right now. Suffice to say Lark will be talking a lot.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Okay, um, maybe I should stay back?" Lark shifts. "Or maybe we should just go and not sneak. Or maybe, um-um, hm. How about, well, um."
*Taptaptap*


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

Back from Midwestria. Epic, simply epic. Got to meet the writers and see tons of fans and get stupid for a weekend. Total blast.

I adjust my glasses. "Fascinating. The Porcs are a very clever breed indeed to come up with elaborate passage. Even to trust a large arachnid to guard the entrance. I wonder just how primitive they are? Maybe have more ingenuity than real gave them credit for. I can't wait to meet their clans science division. Come on, let's go, I am so anxious to learn more." It a bit of excitement I begin to trot excitedly and noisily forward. *clomping hoof sounds*


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Going to push things along...

The group makes its way east and the corridor ends into an empty chamber, and aside from some mangy smelly furs, there is nothing of interest here. A quick search does not yield any hidden objects or doors.

Heading back west from the secret door, the corridor turns north and wraps around a dividing wall entering into a room with a staircase going upstairs. There is a door on the west end of the room and the stair case is on the south side and an eerie blue glow is emanating from the top of the staircase. There isn't alot of time to check out the room however, as two porcs ready on the other side of the wall, attack the leader of the party as they enter the room!

Danger Sense:

Lark: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Shep: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Doc: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Surprise:

Lark:1d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 2
Shep:1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 3
Doc: 1d8 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 3
Element: 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 4
Higgledy: 1d4 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 4
Nightflight: 1d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2

Pork 1 Spear Attack 1d6 ⇒ 4 Damage 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + (1) = 8
Pork 2 Spear Attack 1d6 ⇒ 5 Damage 1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

Both Porks attack the leader of the party, I'm guessing Nightflight or Shep.

Init:
A♣ Higgs
7♣ Lark
5♥ Shep
2♠ Element

The Porcs are the bigger ones, and have already acted and Nightflight and Doc are surprised and cannot act in the surprise round.


Male Halfling Cloths Designer

Higgs at the back tries and hids
1d10 ⇒ 7 Stealth
1d6 ⇒ 5 luck


M Earth Pony ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha +0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 5 | Tgh 6 | Bs 3)

"Great Scott!"


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

"Oh, bother, this isn't going to be...hey!" She singles out one. The one who rolled the '8' on damage. "Why aren't you off digging for truffles with the other swine? Get back to your pen, knave!"
Taunt: 1d8 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 1
A Taunt of 6, then.
She is standing right behind Shep/Nightflight, having been tapping her hooves quickly and loudly.


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

What's that glow? Hmmm, porcs, they're attacking!


Stallion Unicorn ( Ws 0 | Ds 0 | Fa 0 | Cha 0 | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 2 | Tgh 4 | Bs 3)

Since noone sqid otherwise, I am likely in front.

I jump as a spear comes out of nowhere. "My Goodness!" I fire a wind missile at the nearest porc
Spellcraft:1d12 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 6


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Both the porks stab at Shep, both of their spears glancing off his armor. Higgs jumps behind the wall, keeping out of sight of the porcs.

Porc 1's Spirit 1d6 ⇒ 3
Element's Damage ace 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Lark taunts the closest Porc, making it lose it's composure as it goes into a rage... which leaves it open to Element's assault! The wind missile hits the porc square in the chest and flings him into the back wall, knocking him unconscious.

Shep continues protecting the group from attacks.

Initiative Round 1
K♣ Nightflight
Q♦ Higgs
10♠ Porc
10♣ Lark
9♠ Doc
9♥ Element
3♦ Shep


F Unicorn ( Ws 3 | Ds 2 | Fa 0 | Cha +2(+2) | Spd 6 (+d6) | Pry 4(4) | Tgh 3(3) | Bs 3) redraw cards of 5 or less

"Something to remember, don't mess with ponies!"

She draws her rapier then like she's gonna use it then she hops left and swings a low kick hoping to kick him into the wall.

1d4 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2

with no computer, I can't check rules or anything. The feint is just storytelling. I think horseshoes add something but I didn't include it on my sheet for some reason, so I have no idea what it does (I think it's a plus 1).


GM Bennies ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

I'm having trouble finding what normal horseshoes deal as damage. Studded horse shoes deal strength + 1d6. A normal unarmed attack deals strength damage in the core rules. Maybe strength + 1d4?

The porc jumps back out of the reach of Nightflight's feigned attack, and unfortunately for her, just out of reach of her kick as it misses.


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

I'd say Strength + 1d3 or the like. Studded horse shoes are specifically made for dealing damage. Horseshoes are made for walking. ;)


Female Pegasus Pony: Wounds 0 | Dts 0 | Ftg 0 | Cha +2 | Pce 6 (+d6) | Prry 5 | Tough 5 | Bs 4

Can I assume I should wait to act, since the porcs will move before Lark?

251 to 300 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Savage World of My Little Pony! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.