Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Jesse's Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Jesse Heinig

Current map: The Stolen Lands

Swag Bag

Provisions: 41 person-days

Current Party XP Total: 9,977


1,751 to 1,800 of 1,998 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

HP 36/36 | AC 20 (t14, ff15) | F +6, R +8, W +4 | sense motive +10; perception +0 (darkvision 60'), initiative +5 | active effects: --

Alexei smiles reassuringly at the former brigand. "Thank you for your counsel, Akiros," he answers, "I'll have to speak more with my companions about the long term purpose of the fort but, for now, it is a vital outpost and an opportunity for prosperity for those who are willing to put in some work."

He considers things further throughout the remainder of their tour. When it concludes he speaks up again, "Akiros, I can't get you words out of my mind... if people don't want to be soldiers what, I wonder, do they want to become, and what other skills do they have? Perhaps you would be so kind as to introduce me to everyone, individually, so I can ask them about it?"

I'm not sure how many people are here but spending a minute or two with each of them seems very doable, right? I'll take 10 on diplomacy with each of them- if Akiros will also in order to assist me then that's a 25 on the check. Partly I'm just doing this improve people's attitudes towards me, but also I'd really like to know what's available here in terms of craft/profession skills and what kind of things people would like to do with their lives.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ohhh...that looks enormous!" Korinne whispers as she strains to get a better look at the creature. "Hopefully it's not too poisonous..."

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


@Alexei: There's a list of people on the Campaign Info tab.

Builders

Vallen spends a good deal of time sussing out the damage while Jenya checks the structural soundness of the keep (it's not great). Jenya also realizes that while the keep has no plumbing system, it would probably be bad just to run a sluice to the Tuskwater; the water near the keep would wind up poisoned.

To really rebuild this keep will require the import of skilled workers and materials, including new stone, serious timber, lots of carpets and drapes for insulation, the creation of a serious sewer system, and so on. Not the kind of work that can be done with just make whole spells - though those do make it possible to shore up some of the weaker parts of the stone and prevent collapses or leaks. Still, so much of the keep has been broken away and lost that it's difficult to repair the missing sections.

Akiros explains to Alexei, "I'd be happy to make introductions, m'lord. The folk here, all former bandits like myself, are a simple lot from similar backgrounds - many fleeing problems in other nearby settlements, or roped into banditry by circumstance. I dare say that I am the most to blame for bad choices pushing me into that life."

As promised, Akiros introduces Alexei to the various sorts, whose reactions range from happy (Topper Red) to confused (Fat Norry) to a bit morose (Sally Hightower). The clear sentiment is that the ex-bandits aren't really sure what the future holds, but they are at least glad to have regular food. They do seem to miss the "freedom" of their old lifestyle, although Sally points out that the Stag Lord was not exactly a generous and forgiving leader.

In the meantime, Vallen's check of the outer palisade shows that it's still intact; it was made by the bandits to help shore up the defensibility of the keep. For the most part it's serviceable, although the logs are essentially just thick trees cut down and shoved haphazardly into the ground in a ring around the fort.

Vallen also notes that one side of the hill has a small series of graves. Akiros explains that when the fort was discovered the graves were already there; restless dead would crawl out of the graves if someone tried to come up the side of the hill. The Stag Lord left that as a "surprise" defense, but after he was defeated and the group tasked Akiros with organizing the fort, he took it upon himself to sally forth and destroy the undead (with Kavalina's help - her channeling made it a simple task).

Explorers

As Korinne whispers to the team, the creature shifts in its crevice. You aren't sure if it heard her, or just moved by coincidence. It seems more lizard-like than snake, though with a long body, perhaps?


Ranger 2/Stalker 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +3 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night) | Ki Pool 2/2
Beast Form:
HP 24/24 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, darkvision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night)

Cassandra looks in the direction Vance points and spies the serpentine body. She waits to see if it would react to their presence but so far, it had not. "I wonder its that tatzlwyrm we are supposed to hunt for one of the bounties?" she whispers back. "Wait here." Cassandra slips on the helm. Her hands appear to lighten as white fur grows all over. She slinks forward close enough to identify the thing they were looking at.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
K:Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Shifting for +2 dex and +1 nat armor.


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

As Vallen and Jenya meet over lunch to discuss the trash heap they've inherited, the dwarf complains while chewing on a piece of hardtack. "Well, this is worse than I imagined. This structure has been ravaged by time, and large sections of stone are going to need to be replaced. Not to mention we need some kind of sewer system, and a way to access fresh water that doesn't involve walking up and down a hill. Essentially, we're going to need some real craftspeoples to turn this into something. And supplies. And workers to start building a road between here and the trading post. I think it's worth it- we need a base of operations to call home while we begin settlement."

He pops a piece of hard cheese in his mouth, his speech mumbled around the dairy. "So here's my idea. Now that I'm sure the roof won't be collapsing, I'm going to focus my efforts on making the inside of this place comfortable. A kind of communal barracks where people can at least be dry and warm. Meanwhile, you start plans for a septic system and get these guys started on digging and clearing out the land for it. Then, after we're done exploring the rest of the charter, we send for skilled labor and supplies to really fix the place up."

Vallen swallows, standing up and tearing into a piece of jerky. "It's the best we can do now, eh? Torag willing, this place will be something to be proud of in a few months." He seems to be intent on returning to work- 5 minutes is a good enough break for anyone.

-------------------------------

While Akiros explains the presence of the graves, the priest crosses his arms and frowns. He inhales deeply, then blows the air out with puffed cheeks. "You did right, destroying those undead. Tortured souls do not belong on this plane. What did you do with the carcasses? If you put them back in the grave, I will consecrate the graves and bodies tomorrow."

Any luck on IDing the longsword?


The sword (formerly Akiros') is a +1 longsword - no other special properties.

Anyone else have stuff they wanna say/do? Will push onward tomorrow!


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Well it makes a whole heck of a difference if the sewer system is gonna be just fer now, some kind of fort, or for someplace where a lot of people might live Jenya protests. Tell ya what, I'll start with some simple ditches leadin' to a cesspool that won't foul up the Tuskwater for a start. she indicates a region on the map that's far enough away from both the fort and the lake for the pool. We do it right then it could make life at least a little more pleasant around here soon and then can be expanded to something proper if we need it later.

Done


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallwn takes a moment to consider Jenya's point of view. These humans typically do things in successsively bigger projects, waiting until their designs are near or over capacity before doing anything to correct the problem. I would rather build for the future, but I suppose she's right, given our limited supplies.

Finally, he nods before returning to work. "All right. I leave it to your descretion." Is uttered neutrally.

All good here! I'll let Alexei decide if he wants to keep the longsword or give it back to Akiros.


Explorers

Cassandra gets to about 60' from the creature, which is as close as she can get and still have some concealment. (No concealment = no stealth.) It seems kind of like a really big salamander?

It is not in the province of Knowledge (nature).

Knowledge (arcana) DC 12:
It is, indeed, a tatzlwyrm.

Builders

Jenya sketches out a preliminary system for some sanitation, which will mean lots of digging - a task that falls predominantly on the heads of the ex-bandits. The current plan involves building a midden and a temporary wooden sluice system to carry away waste, which can be replaced with more permanent sewer systems later.

Someone has a copy of the keep map up on their page so I'll just link it 'cuz I'm lazy.

Vallen determines that he can get some of the fallen stone back into place to repair the roof, but the upper floors are a mess and will have to mostly remain walkways and crude towers until better supplies are available. The cooking pit is cleaned out and Vallen is able to line it with fired clay, which at least means your food gets less dust in it.

Akiros notes to Vallen, "Once we destroyed the undead, I ordered the bodies burned overnight - the ashes we scattered in the lake, the charred remnants that did not reduce we buried in a pauper's grave to the west. I did not wish them to try to rise again as something worse."


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen stands below the wretched remains of what he would consider the shadow of a decent job, keeping a tally of hopeless faults, structural damage, and nigh-impossible repairs. With a sigh he relents, turning around to check on the fire pit.

The logs had turned into a fierce blaze; the center mass of rapidly oxidizing carbon beginning to resemble a fire elemental. Nothing but charred meat could be cooked on this blazing inferno. Instead, Vallen was running some tests to ensure the integreity of the pit. The dwarf inspects the clay through the fierce glow of th flames for any cracks, and even though sweat beads on his forehead, he smiles at the sucessful fire-testing.

He pokes the fire and spreads the center mass about with an iron, letting it start to col. Just in time for dinner, perhaps some tea? I doubt they have any dried Delver's Shroom for steeping... Ah well, this place hasn't been so bad really.

---------------

The priest nods once more to Akiros, seeing no fault in his actions. "Hopefully that put the abominations down for good. It should be sufficient rites for them to not rise again, unless... Well, do you know what was causing them to rise in the first place? I assume they were soldiers back when the Taldens held this fort?"


Ranger 2/Stalker 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +3 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night) | Ki Pool 2/2
Beast Form:
HP 24/24 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, darkvision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night)

Explorers
Cassandra slinks back to the others and whispers her discovery. "Big salamander looking thing but not like any I have ever seen. Kind looks like the picture on the wanted poster but I can't tell. Too coiled up. Think we can handle it with surprise?" Cassandra wasn't about to take on the unknown without extra input. She had never seen such a beast she had no idea what it could do.

Korinne rolled high arcana. Can she look at the spoiler?


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Korinne fidgets nervously as she, Hatch, and Vance wait for Cassandra to do her scouting. Remembering that the creature seemed to have heard something of her whispering earlier, she remains silent - with much difficulty.

I wonder what it is? Should we try fighting it now? I don't know, Cass seems like she fights better with her bow than up close like Carinna and Telmarni did...

Her eyes light up as she finally notices Cassandra making her way back to the group. "You couldn't tell what it is? Hum...I could try to get closer but I don't know if it's a good idea..."


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Builders
Jenya joins Vallen at the end of the day. First thing tomorrow I'm going to take a long bath before diving into the muck again. she comments as she takes out her gunsmithing kit and starts into her daily ritual of keeping Misfire from blowing up. Love what you've done with the place


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Explorers

We'll assume that Cassie describes the creature to Korrine, who is able to deduce what it is. Major take-aways are that they are pretty tough (not as tough as the Stag Lord, but tougher than a bandit), have poison breath if they get really close, and will try to leap in and rake you like a cat. Very ornery and territorial, about the intelligence of a five-year-old. Immune to sleep spells.

Hatch says, "I can try to keep it busy with my sword while Cassie shoots it, if you want." He looks dubious but seems to be trying to put on a brave face.

Builders

Akiros explains to Vallen, "My understanding is that there was once a cult of Gyronna the Hag Goddess in this area, and the graveyard was desecrated by them. I lack the training to deal with that in a more permanent fashion. But bereft of corpses, there is nothing left to animate, unless someone is buried there again."

As the work for the first day dies down, people gather for dinner - a mostly simple affair; rabbits caught wild, combined with beans, biscuits and dried fruit from the traveling provisions, and simple wine and beer.

Sally Hightower sits next to Jenya and cranes her neck over at Misfire. "How did you wind up with something like that?" she wonders. "I've heard o' those things but never saw the like in Daggermark. I shouldn't wonder but they're too noisy for the kinds o' work that people get up to there."

Akiros settles in near Vallen as Fat Norry cheerfully doles out beans from the pot for everyone.

Topper Red (now wearing a shirt again) says, "Hey, at least now that the nobility has arrived, we are getting a real sewer system! I guess crap really does roll downhill!"

Dirty Jeb says, "Arr, still gonna smell foul here."

Topper says, "That's all on you, Jeb!"

Jex says, "Now - now that's not a very thoughtful thing to say to someone who's just lost his brother."

Topper says, "Ayles is in a less smelly place now."

"I don't much like your tone, Topper. That's not funny," says Jeb.

"Yeah," agrees Jex, "Not funny."

Topper says, "Oh, come on. It's hilarious. Everyone likes to pretend their crap doesn't stink, but the reality is that you can't do that without working for it - whether that means digging ditches or taking a bath!"

Akiros says, "Baths for the rest of us after we have the sluice installed. We can test it with the waste water. Now no more of this morbid talk - for once we're building something up instead of tearing something down."

That settles down the bandits a bit.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"O-okay...that sounds like our tatzlwyrm," Korinne agrees once Cass describes the beast to her. "Um...they're not the easiest things to kill although I don't think one of them would be as dangerous as the Stag Lord was. But they've got sharp claws like a cat and even poison breath if they can get in really close."

She shakes her head. "We could try to take care of it ourselves if we're feeling brave. My Color Spray might be able to stun it, or I could use my Adhesive Spittle to slow it down and make it easier to hit while Cass and Vance wear it down with arrows. But it might not be a bad idea either to wait and come back with the others to take care of it. We've found it's territory and it's likely not to wander too far from here considering how territorial they are."
___________

I'm willing to try and engage it if Cass is on board, but I/Kor kinda hate to put Hatch and Vance at risk. Other option is we mark this hex as its territory and come back with the rest of the group to take care of it.


You can totally mark the hex, finish exploring, and come back later if you prefer. Your rough estimation is you'd probably win, but if it gets a lucky shot on Hatch or Vance it could be a problem. With the rest of the team you'd definitely tear it apart in short order.


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Builders

A firework maker in Jovvox figured he'd try his hand at making a fortune with making and selling cheap guns Jenya grins at Sally The damn gnome thought if he could make powder balls go up then how hard could it be to make lead balls go straight? Turns out it's a bit different after all and Alkenstar don't need to worry about any new competition.

Jenya nods at Akiros after his comment. It seemed to have been just the right thing to say.


Ranger 2/Stalker 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +3 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night) | Ki Pool 2/2
Beast Form:
HP 24/24 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, darkvision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night)

Explorers
"I...think I'd rather wait." Cassandra was confident they could handle it but she also wanted to see if Vallen's and Jenya's weapons actually worked against something so tough.

Yeah, let's mark it and bring the firepower.


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen's eyebrows raise high on his head when Akiros mentions the desecration. "Gyronna? So she's worshiped by some kind of backwater cults? Hm... well, you did your part well dealing with the undead. I will deal with the desecrated ground- if people are to be living here it needs to be safe for both their bodies and souls."

What does Vallen know about Gyronna? What will it take to reverse the desecration in the ground?

knowledge: religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Oof.. not much apparently. Well, he can prepare consecration and Ancestral Communion tomorrow for a second try.

--------------------

Vallen takes one loook at the ex-andit's assembled cookware and blanches. When the beans are doled out, he puts forward his own sparkling clean steel bowl from his mess kit.

He listens to their banter, thinking to himself. Well, they certainly do seem repentant, and want to make a difference. Especially Akiros, seeems like a good man forced into a bad life.

The dwarf leans over to inspect Jenya's handiwork, looking puzzled. "You clean it every day? Hm, I've been treating mine like any other weapon- clean it when I use it, and if I haven't, oil down the barrel and springs once a week."


Cassie scurries back to the team and everyone agrees to mark the spot, finish exploring the area, and carry on.

The explorers turn away and follow through the hills to get the rest of the area down on the maps, then they head roughly east to explore the area at the edge of the charter. A day is spent fleshing out the corner of the map, and another day in returning to the fort.

The group returns midafternoon with the lower corner of the map fleshed out. (You still haven't finished exploring the hex around the fort.)

Hatch excitedly says, "We made some good progress and saw a tatzlwyrm and if we finish exploring the area around here and head west we can finish mapping everything in a couple weeks!"

Team's reunited, +100 more exploration xp gained! Also I reorganized the lists of people on the Campaign Info tab so the deceased are all at the bottom of each list, and they're alphabetized. Should be easier to keep track of people.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Yeah! We uh, decided to leave the tatzlwyrm alone until we could all go back together though," Korinne explains. "The four of us probably could've handled it but it seemed safer to just wait and come back. They're really territorial anyway so I'm pretty sure it's not going to roam very far in the meantime."

"Anyway, how are things going here?" She looks around. "Looks like you've already made pretty good progress getting this place to be more livable!"


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen, who was sitting by the fire carving something out of a chunk of rubble, hails the scouting party as they return.

His mouth turns into a flat line at the mention of the tatzlwyrm, his moustache displaying such flatness it could be used as a carpenter's level. "I didn't sign up to slay dragons. It's not hurting anyone, why bother?"

The dwarf sighs after listening to himself, then shrugs. "Well. I suppose it might hurt someone later, though. If you'll help me with a task tomorrow I'll come along to slay the wyrm."

The priest sets down the figurine he was carving, and begins to gesture towards the direction of the nearby cursed site, himself, and seemingly everywhere else at once. "Akiros informed me a cult of Gyronna desecrated some of the nearby ground, casuing the dead buried there to rise. The undead are destroyed, but the cursed soil remains. Not only is it my duty to remove this corruption from Torag's holy earth, but we can't have a squirrel dying in the cursed space and rising to attack people or something. So, would you accompany me tomorrow for the cleansing? Just in case anything... unforeseen... happens."

I propose we spend tomorrow scouting out the hex around the fort itself, and Vallen will try and remove the nearby desecrated ground.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Yeah, it's more that it's probably going to cause a problem in the future," Korinne sighs. "Especially if we're planning to have more and more people come into the area. Not to mention there's a reward for doing so too and if we're going to rebuild this place or build anything at all really, we'll need all the gold we can get."

As she listens to Vallen's proposal for tomorrow's activities, her jaw drops slightly. "Really? I'm...glad we didn't try coming up the hill, then..." she shivers. "And of course we'll help! I don't want undead squirrels or other critters attacking us in our sleep, no sir!"
____________

That plan sounds like a good one to me!


Any dissenters to that plan?


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Don't need to split the party for the two things right?


No split needed - Vallen will use consecrate, then the group will explore the area.

If you do want to do this, are you OK with the usual division of party + Hatch + Vance heading out, and leaving Akiros in charge of the ex-bandits at the fort?


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Sounds good to me!


As you settle down from supper, Fat Norry says to Vallen, "I can't believe you're just breaking in new cookware like that! You have to season it to really get it going. Get the flavor baked in there. Leave some beans or stew boiling in it for nine days, at least."

Your stomachs rumble slightly as you drift off to sleep.

The next morning you saddle up and prepare to circle the area along the banks of the Tuskwater. Vallen conducts a ceremony with the blessing of Torag to concecrate the hillside, then Akiros salutes as you head out. The last sight is Akiros directing the ex-bandits in the task of digging a ditch for a sluice.

Behind the DM screen:

Roll roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9

You spend about half a day charting the rest of the land around the fortress, mostly dry hills with small streams that cut through and meet up with the rivers that empty into the Tuskwater. With a little time to spare you head east to where Cassandra and Korinne encountered the tatzlwyrm, but there's no sign of the beast; it seems to have moved on from its temporary hole in the ground. Cass's initial guess, based on the tracks, is that it headed down toward the confluence of rivers, probably to hunt fish. You could maybe track it down, but it would be a bit of a diversion.

"So do we hunt that thing down or just turn back to the west and keep mapping?" asks Hatch as you set up camp for a night outdoors.

Area around the keep explored; +100 party xp.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Um...may as well try to take care of it now while we're already out here, right?" Korinne asks, though she looks to the others to see what they think as well.


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Sounds good, while the tracks are still fresh. Jenya agrees with Korinne. Then get back to mapping this place out. She looks around taking in the natural beauty of the region It's really pretty country.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Lol Fat Norry cracks me up.

Vallen stares at Fat Norry for a moment, his usually active brain halted by a solid wall of revulsion. "Uh... I... well, actually, I made this bowl about 5 years ago before I was about to go on a journey. I'm sure it's soaked up plenty of flavors in that time." The bowl looks disturbingly new, but after dinner it becomes apparent why- Vallen can be observed obsessively scraping it with a chunk of soaptone.

-------------------

The hillside consecration was as normal as can be expected for removing concentrated negative energy from dirt. The priest takes a handful of silver powder and sprinkles it over the area, then holds a small vial of holy water in one hand and his silver holy symbol in the other. "Gyronna begone! The power of Torag compels you!" He utters in a commanding, firm voice as the vial of holy water drips onto the ground.

Nothing really seems to change visibly, but the area certainly feels less evil. "I am always surprised at how easy it is to consecrate things." He says, before realizing his comment almost sounded blasphemous. "Er, the might of Torag makes it so, of course."

Subtract the 25 gp cost of concescration from the group funds please? Damn socialist dwarf!

------------

Vallen seems a tad nervous as they settle down for the night, his hand never far from his pistol holster. "Didn't you say these dragons were territorial? What if it comes home and attacks us in the middle of the night?" He frets, not knowing what the thing he was afraid of even looks like. His mood had become increasingly melancholic as they started to hunt for the beast.

Jenya's comment is met with a shrug. "Pretty, aye. If trees get you excited. Could use some sheer cliffs. Nothing compared to the snow-capped wonder of the Five Kings Range thrusting from the land though."

With a sigh, he takes a small granite figurine from a sack and whips his Anytool into a small chisel and hammer, continuing to work on the side project he started the night before. It was starting to look dwarf-shaped. "Sure, sure, let's go find the slavering dragon. Probably exactly what it wants us to do." The dwarf mutters while making fine flakes of rock chip off onto the ground. "Torag can assist our tracking in the "noble hunt" tomorrow."

Vallen will cast Hunter's Lore tomorrow to assist with tracking. Comes with full speed too! Which is 20 feet for a dwarf :P


Behind the DM Screen:

Cassandra: Survival: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Vallen: Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

You spend several frustrating hours following the trail of the tatzlwyrm. Cassie, at several points, sniffs the air and seems to follow it almost by supernatural sensitivity. Eventually you come to a wide stream that you think flows south into the Gudrin river. Following the trail you come upon the creature sitting on a wide log on the far side of the stream. It is about twelve feet long, half of that tail, with two front legs that have large claws but no hind legs. It appears to have wrapped its tail around the log and it is fishing by reaching down into the river when fish swim by. As you watch from the bushes it lets out a distressed grunting noise as it splashes in the water and misses a fish.

Map updated - Jenya and Vallen, I will need to link your Roll20 accounts to your tokens.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Well, they do have some knowledge of laying traps," Kroinne responds to Vallen, though she doesn't seem especially worried about it. "They're not just dumb beasts - though they're not nearly as fearsome or intelligent as a true dragon, either."

For a moment, she stares thoughtfully into their small campfire. "Heck, if we had somewhere else for it to go I wouldn't even mind trying to convince it to leave this place. But I doubt he...or she...would be very willing to pack up and move anyway."
________

"Ooh, there it is!" Korinne whispers excitedly once they finally track down their quarry. "How do we want to do this?"


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen places a hand against his brow, attempting to shield his eyes from the light and see the creature. The dwarf makes a sound akin to finding a spoiled sweetroll in a cabinet. Well, if one of us is feeling brave they could lure it into an ambush set up by me, Jenya, and Cass. We hide in the bushes and open fire when it approaches. It won't last long in our concentrated fire."

Failing that, he shrugs. "Or we just walk up and shoot the thing."

He flips the brass button holding his pistol in its holster, drawing it from the leather case. Vallen starts to carefully load the device, pouring black powder down the barrel and ram-rodding a lead ball deep inside. The dwarf glances to Jenya. "When we're ready I'll enchant our weapons with the blessing of Angradd. This dragon will get blasted back to Starfall."

Vallen will cast Divine Favor on his weapon, and Weapon of Awe on Jenya's weapon before they engage the wyrm.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"An ambush sounds good to me!" Korinne responds cheerfully. "I guess if you three are going to be the ambush then that leaves it to me or Alexei to lure them in...huh..." She shrugs. "I don't mind doing it unless Alexei really wants to. To be honest I'd actually like a closer look anyway!"
_________

In the interests of not dithering too much, Kor can go out and lure the creature in if no one makes any objections to her doing so. However she'll hold back if Alexei or someone else insists on volunteering :)


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Either sounds fine to me. Jenya says reloading her own weapon much like Vallen But if I'm not mistaken both Vallen and me need to be pretty damn close to the thing to fire though, so we'll need to get it to charge somehow and we'll blast it when it gets close.

She glances at Cassandra's smooth longbow, so different from the pistols the other two had Maybe Cass can just start sniping the thing to get it to attack.


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen casts a sideway glance at Korinne as he loads his pistol. "I've never seen someone so excited to fight a dragon before, but then again I've never seen anyone fight a dragon before. How do you do it?"

He nods to Jenya's idea. "Aye, Cassandra can make herself visible and take a shot at it, lead it back to the rest of us."


Ranger 2/Stalker 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +3 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night) | Ki Pool 2/2
Beast Form:
HP 24/24 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, darkvision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night)

Attack at second increment: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Damage+fire: 1d8 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + (1) + 3 = 12

Cassandra stares at the serpent on the log with an unnerving intensity. That of a predator looking at its prey. She is so still that even the horrifying Stag helm seems to blend in with the shrubbery they are hiding in. She makes small, slow movements as she shrugs off her bow and knocks an arrow. The bow raises as does thick fur all across her body. She shifts unconsciously to aid the shot. The bow shifts incrementally up and to the left, most likely to account for the wind. She takes a long moment to settle and commit to the angle, long enough for the others to get ready for the fight about to come their way. She lets out a breath and the tip of the arrow glows red as if it were a coal she was breathing to life. Then it flies away.

Snipe: 1d20 + 8 - 20 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 20 = 7

I am back. Guess I am starting this. Shift for +2 dex and +1 nat armor. Second increment so -2. Solar Wind Stance for a little exrta fire damage. Stealth after shot with -20 for sniping. Not likely but worth a shot.


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Jenya moves away from Cassandra as she begins to line up her shot. The gunslinger heads about thirty feet away, interposing herself between the dragon and the archer, and holds out her pistol, readying an action to fire as soon as the creature gets within 20 feet of her.

Well that should get its attention. Jenya remarks as she closes one eye and sights down a jury rigged ironshight, aiming at the beast Alright Misfire, time to go to work

Deadly Aim Point Blank Readied fire on touch spending one grit on Up Close and Deadly: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 13

Damage with Point Blank, Weapon of Awe, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + (1) = 5


HP 36/36 | AC 20 (t14, ff15) | F +6, R +8, W +4 | sense motive +10; perception +0 (darkvision 60'), initiative +5 | active effects: --

sorry for the delay- I think I'm caught up on things and should be back to regular posting now.

"That sounds good to me," Alexei agrees, "I can bolster the prowess of others with rousing tales of past heroes but that's not exactly conducive to moving stealthily, nor quickly."

Once Cassandra takes her first shot he begins to tell the tale of Sir Roland and the Wyrm. His cadence is rhythmic, almost sing-songy, and a passion to defeat the beast before them begins to swell in his new companions...
activating inspire courage: everyone gets +1 to hit and damage (including Jenya's first attack if I can get it off quick enough), and +1 to save vs fear or charms


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen moves in the opposite direction of Jenya, spreading out and attempting to create a cone of attack in front of Cassandra. The priest touches the firearm to his holy symbol. "Angradd, your father's servant beseeches you- empower this weapon with your might, and make this land safer for all dwarfs and humans to come."

His pistol flashes with a dull white glow as the blessing takes hold. Vallen swallows a nervous lump in his throat, pulling back the hammer on the firearm to its fully cocked position.

Unlike Jenya, Vallen's weapon lacks a sight. Instead he swings his left arm in front of his body, keeping his finely made steel buckler perpendicular to the ground. With practiced ease he places the pistol into a notch cut into the side of the buckler. The firearm fits perfectly into the slot, allowing him to aim steady.

His finger rests on the trigger, the cool steel reassuring against hot flesh.

Vallen will also ready an action to shoot once (if) the wyrm comes into 20' range.

firearm attack vs touch AC, point-blank, divine favor, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 28 Ohh close to threat, I was kind of hoping to blow its head off and impress everyone :p

damage, point blank, divine favor, inspire courage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8


Female Human Pistolero Lev 4 HP 32/32 | AC 20 (FF 15 T 16) Init+7, Saves (Fort+5,Reflex+8,Will+4) Grit 3/3 | Per +10

Will gladly take the +1 to both hit and damage to make it 14 and 6 respectively. Jenya rolled pretty bad (so many ones), but maybe still well enough to get through the armor.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Although she knows that sniping to draw the wyrm in is probably the better idea, Korinne can't help but feel slightly disappointed that she won't be able to add 'antagonizing a tatzlwyrm' to her list of stories to tell. As the others ready their weapons Kor does the same with her crossbow, foot tapping to the beat of Alexei's song.

Readied Attack (Light Crossbow; Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
_________

Sorry about the delayed post; work and sleep issues.


The group sneaks into position and then unleashes brimstone hell on the monster.

You'd kind of expected this thing to be a terrifying beast, unstoppable, with scales deflecting anything, like the true dragons that are its distant cousin; it proves to be anything but. Cass's bow hums and the opening salvo is in the air... flying... then lands true in the middle of the creature's back as it is trying to reach down at another fish. It lunges upward suddenly, letting out a wounded shriek, and Vallen and Jenya take aim and fire with their weapons. Blood blossoms from its neck (though it's impossible to tell whose shot was the one that hit) and then Korinne brings up her crossbow and in an uncannily smooth motion she releases a bolt that catches it in the head. The creature writhes and tries to uncoil itself from the log, but its injuries cause it to lose its grip and it falls into the river below. SPLOOSH.

It disappears under the water quickly and at this distance you can't tell what's happening below.


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen's pistol roars when he pulls the trigger, the exquistly crafted weapon billowing a perfectly shaped cone of grey smoke. The cloud hangs lazily in the air, though the edges are quickly deforming.

The dwarf jogs through the sulphorous cloud (gutting it into a chaotic swirl), emerging on the other side with a paniced look on his face. "Did we get it? Where did it go?! Can these things swim well?" He fires off multiple questions before convincing himself it could still be alive, yanking out his powder horn to pack more ammunition into the pistol barrel.

"Uh, we should watch the shore and make sure it doesn't emerge."


Ranger 2/Stalker 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +3 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night) | Ki Pool 2/2
Beast Form:
HP 24/24 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Senses: Low-Light Vision, darkvision, Scent | Perception +10 (+11 at night)

Cassandra's intense concentration is shattered by the explosive sound coming from the guns. She covers her ears and looks at the firearm with disgust. "What the hell?" she yells over the ringing in her ears. She remembers quickly to keep your eyes on the prey and spins back in time to see it plop into the water. She was pretty sure the poster wanted a body, or at least a head, so she heads for the waters edge, downstream of its perch in the log. She scans the water, another arrow on her bow in case it was still alive after all that.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 4 = 32

Move to waters edge down stream and search for body. Using Ki point for +4 to perception.


HP 36/36 | AC 20 (t14, ff15) | F +6, R +8, W +4 | sense motive +10; perception +0 (darkvision 60'), initiative +5 | active effects: --

"Be careful approaching the water, Vallen," Alexei calls out as he cautiously follows the dwarf, "I'm no expert but I've heard that dragons are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath for days... it may have simply retreated beneath the surface to prepare itself for a counter attack... or, it might be fleeing to recover and cause more problems in the future..."

He hesitantly leans over the bank and peers down into the water...
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
lol- hmm, must have teleported away...


LG Male Dwarf Cleric (Iron Priest) 4 | HP: 23/23| AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Ff) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | ACP: -3| Channel: 3/3 |Active conditions: None

Vallen gives Cassandra a bewildered look, as if she just berated him for breathing. "I told you firearms are loud!"

Alexi's advice is heeded strongly; Vallen seems to have no intention of getting more than 10 feet from the water.

He puts the freshly loaded pistol back into its slot on his buckler, ready to shoot at anything Cassandra aims at.


HP: 30/30 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +3, W +3; +6 vs. charm/compulsion, +4 vs. emotion l Arcane Reservoir (9/10), Consume Spells (2/2), L1: 2/5, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +3, Heal +2, Kn. Arcana +10, Kn. Geography +9, Kn. Local +11, Kn. Planes +7, Linguistics +8, Profession: Baker +6, Ride +4, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +3, Swim +1, UMD +8
Female Human Arcanist (White Mage) 4 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Oowwww..." Korinne groans, amazed that she'd managed to even make her shot what with the ringing in her ears from the gunfire. "I know you said they'd be loud but...wow..." she adds, giving her head an irritated shake. From underneath her hair, the party can hear Babs give an indignant squeak as if in agreement.

"Anyway, did we get it? Are we going to have to fish the body out?" she asks as Cass moves forward to see what she can see.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cassie moves down to the edge of the river and starts searching the banks along the stream. Small, silver-coated fish flit out of the way as she sniffs and searches, then prods at some of the sediment of the river's bed. Finally she discovers the creature caught some distance downriver (about 40'), ensnared in a riot of weeds and branches. Its tongue lolls out comically and it seems to be deceased.

Pretty anticlimactic! Well, not all random encounters are that threatening. It is worth 120 xp though, as things could've gone much differently if it had surprised you guys instead of the other way 'round.

That also brings us to level 4!

1,751 to 1,800 of 1,998 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jesse's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.