Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Jam's Dragon's Delve

Game Master Jam412


1 to 50 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

After a weeks travel Rand, Flint and Balta ascend Bryson's look, s small, lightly forested hill. Near the top they begin to find old bits of ruin and occasional stone block.
Not much farther along, evidence of camps begin to crop up, long burnt out cook fires and rusted through kettles. There, next to a copse of silver maples, is a twenty foot wide pit with a set of stone stairs descending..

The path leading up to the pit is well worn. Though it has rained in the last few days, there is still evidence of tracks..


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Balta whispers, "Looks like that may be it... and it appears that someone had visited this site before..."
He cautiously shuffles his way towards the tracks to inspect them:

Survival(track): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 [+2 if evil outsiders]

Am I doing this right? Also, I'm assuming i'm using this ooc 'out of character' thing correctly?


Balta is able to make out the footprints of at least a few medium humanoids. There may be more but the details must be washed away by the recent rains.

Yep, you've got it. I like to put spoken dialog in bold as well as quotes, but that's a preference, not required.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

"Looks like a few humanoids have come this way sometime before those rains" Balta whispers.
"Might be some other adventuring party. Surely not as well-trained as we are so we'll catch up to them in a heartbeat", he ends with a smirk.

Will do!


"Then perhaps we should proceed with caution." flint murmurs creeping forward to peer over balta's shoulder.
Why's your guy a troll?


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Kicking at one of the cooking fires "Is there a set of stairs? Or a rope to climb down? At the very least the poor dead souls can help us with our decent." Starts to walk over to the pit.

Wait can we all be Troll's? I could really use that Rend


"There does appear to be a set of stairs. Perhaps Balta should take the lead, he may tread more lightly than we two..." stepping aside so Rand may walk ahead.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

"I just hope the first thing we come across has some armor. Gorums protection only goes so far. How did you got me that drunk? Its really not like me to gamble... my armor away... to little girls... What WHERE they doing there at that pub anyways?!" Tightens his belt and takes his place behind Balta.


"They were savvy, you're lucky I found you before they left you naked... also they were orcs." Flint grins and claps rand on the shoulder.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

"Also there where orcs... what?" Turns to look at flint "Also there where orcs that wanted me naked? You know what I really dont want to know. I just want some armor. I Feel like im naked without armor on."

Just so you know my AC really is 10


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

"Well, perhaps its best I scout ahead. Your naked self might attract unwanted orc attention it seems."

Balta shifts his focus to the depths of the pit, pulls out his trusty axes, and proceeds with caution into the shadows within.

Figured I'd also add my intentions: go in until I'm barely within sight of Flint&Rand, signal them to come closer, and repeat until I notice something or something notices me.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (+2 for noticing unusual stonework)

Chuck: I figured my dude would be ugly, having 8 charisma and living in the sewers and all.
Jam: Should I continue to post the +2 favored enemy bonus for evil outsiders? Should I just add all my circumstantial bonuses as a signature or something?
Also, totally forgot about armor check penalties. Its in there now


Quiet as a whisper, Balta slinks down the set of stone stairs. Thirty feet down, he spies an oaken set of double doors, banded in worked steel. Balta perceives nothing unusual at the base of the stairs.

Reminders of circumstantial bonuses are appreciated.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

With a smirk, Balta signals to the others with a wave and a series of clicking noises with his tongue. A nearly-forgotten code they had come up with in their younger years that had meant "I found something interesting". As he awaits their descent, he pulls out his trusty mirror and searches the doors for any traps or signs of recent use.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
(+2 for noticing unusual stonework if applicable)

Man, I am KILLING with these rolls (apart from my 4 for tracking)


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Walks down the stairs,with a sense of comfort for being back underground. Draws Mourning while saying a mumbled prayer to Gorum.


Balta finds the door bereft of traps and in fact, unlocked.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Whispering "Enter, ill be right behind you."

LOL DM JAM


"Aye, me as well."

lets get this s@+# started son! huh, it censors you.


Beyond the double door, the stairwell stretches out to 20' wide and continues for another 20'. Beyond is a 20x20 foot landing with staircases descending from the east, west and northern sides.

Check out the map labeled Dragon's Delve Level one in the library section.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

"I say we go North" But checks if there is a difference in the walls or any sounds coming from all of the 3 ways.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7+2 {Stonecunning}

Really... 1 your kidding me


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Which way is north? In other words, which way did we come in?


You came in from the south. North is up.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Then I suggest you cover me
Balta shuffles along the walls of the landing quietly, surveying his path for traps before arriving at the base of the northern one.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (+2 for unusual stonework)

I wrote this super-long description and accidentally pressed the back button and it got erased. gay


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Mumbles "Cover me? Looks at his Greatsword. Shrugs.


Balta sweeps over the stone masonry finding nothing unusual until he gets to the northern corridor. On either side of the doors are crudely drawn symbols, painted in mud, blood and other unidentified substances.

Balta, give me a knowledge religion check to identify the symbols.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Don't have it... all's I got is dungeoneering. sorry to make everyone wait for that answer :(

Btw, I stuck all my stats and skills and stuff on my paizo profile also in case you need an easy way to look that up in the future.

Perplexed, Balta glances over at his companions and gestures at the symbols with his chin


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Walking up to see what all the hub bub is about. Looks at the Symbols. HARD.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

I in real life(IRL) punched the air and said "YEAH!" When i seen i rolled a 15. Im a total geek. and i somehow forgot it.


Rand quickly recognizes these symbols as those used by the followers of Rovagug, The Rough Beast.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

These symbols do not bode well for us. They are the markings of Rovagug and his Zealots. They are evil and have only destruction on there mind. Us making short work of them will be doing a favor to all good peoples. Lets move forward Balta.

The halls are 10 feet wide right?


Yessir.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Takes a place next to Balta. And starts to move forward.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Rovagug... Never heard of him. My time in solace taught me many things, but I unfortunately could not continue in the schooling that you two took part in... Balta quietly mumbles.

Perhaps you could teach me some more about him after I show you how to skin his minions Balta says with a smile as he twirls his axes with his fingers.

Sleight of hand (to twirl axes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

hopefully thats enough to do the following...

Balta ends his display with a firm grip on his axe handles and focuses on the path ahead.


lol. Yeah, that'll work.

Alright fellas, down the northern staircase?


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Down? oh, I thought it was going up. Sure. Unless either of the other two (east and west)are at the same level or going up... I'd like to explore this floor in that case. Sorry bout that


All staircases descend other than the one you came from.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

We picked north like 15 posts and 2 days ago. Lets just go north


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

I'm good with north now. I just wanted to make sure of the details


M Dwarf Cleric 1

So forward?


"Aye, perhaps we can glean some information from the followers of this rough beast..."
(sorry to keep everyone waiting)


"Shall we see if any have recently passed through?"
1d20 + 516 ⇒ (17) + 516 = 533


im clearly doing something wrong


testing dice roller: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
got it, im retarded.


Twenty feet down the stone stair, an ancient hall of mortared stone stretches before you, littered with small bits of rotten, splintered wood and grimy tatters of cloth. A dim torch in a sconce ahead reveals a number of wooden doors, all closed. It stinks of urine and sweat here.

Map is updated. Let me know if the marching order looks right. The southern most doors are facing the room that you're in, not the hallway.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

"I think I should open the door on the Left. Ill open the door and Balta and Flint Cover me." Walks up to the door and presses ear to it.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12(+1 if Surprise, +2 If stonecuning)

The one on the left facing us


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Balta stands behind Rand and keeps watch on the doors surrounding them, and peers down the hallway for any signs of motion.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (+2 stonecunning)

Hey, can you make that map editable by us? It might be worth allowing us to position ourselves on it. Google Excel sheets are definitely a sweet idea for maps btw.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

Sweet. I updated the map with what I believe to be our locations. I'm liking it as a reference. This works for you guys? I'm guessing we'd probably need a position from chuck before opening that door. And yes, the initial marching order looked to be right for me.


Flint takes up position behind and to the left of Rand and reaches into his belt pouch, feeling for certain components. "Shall we?"He whispers.
did i do the map thing right?


M Dwarf Cleric 1

Never sure who we are waiting on... so

Opens door.


M Dwarf Urban Ranger 1

I think we're waiting on jamie to tell us the result of our rolls.


Rand hears nothing beyond the wooden door, likewise Balta's keen senses fail to spot any movement in the corridor ahead.

Satisfied that the area seems to be free of immediate danger, Rand opens the door. Ahead of you is a dank room that smells of mold and rot. Old crates and barrels fill the chamber.


M Dwarf Cleric 1

In a hushed tone.

"Ok everyone seems empty. But lets clear the room and make sure.

Walks into the room.

Moving myself on the map

1 to 50 of 106 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jam's Dragon's Delve All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.