Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Taldor

Character updated with perform dance now included.

You dance well for someone who was not expecting to be swept onto the dance floor. Again thank you for the honor of the dance. Perhaps another at a later time.

Variel's success at dancing may have been too much from some of the looks from the other men attending the Maid. Playing the hand he dealt himself, he escorted Rain to the other group to listen in on the conversation. Hopefully he hears about an upcoming job from one of them that suits his purpose. In the meantime, though it would appear that there is no place in the world that he would rather be than beside either Rain or Sunny.

Taldor

Sko wrote:
When others return from dancing: "You dance well," he says to the dancers as a whole, "far better than most who frequent this place." A brief smile comes to his lips, "Don't be surprised if you're pestered for dance requests; others will want to brag about who they danced with."

I thank you for the compliment but to be honest it is all in the chosing of the partner in my opinion. If I would have chosen anyone else than these two you would have been laughing at me instead. Remember that's it's not how well you dance, it how well you look dancing. These 2 definitely make it look good to dance.


In regard to the dancing, Rain listened to the back and forth compliments and did not heed them too much. Pretty words were just pretty words and meaning could be allotted how one sought fit. Sko and Variel were both kind in their praise and she warmed to them. She initially believed this trip to Port Peril would be harder, unkinder, always on one's guard. She was no simpleton or naive schoolgirl and understood that dangers still lurked. Yet in this moment they were not pressing or overpowering and Rain gave thanks for that.

"Sko, Variel you are both kind in your flattery. I do enjoy dancing yet this was not my best performance, I will openly admit." Her warm laughter fills the air, the wine she's drinking bringing a gleam to her sea-hued eyes.

Then turning more serious, she speaks to Sko, "To seek and to grow are important aspirations. We cannot ride the waves before first learning what the waves are, what the ocean grants." A faraway smile graces her generous mouth.


"were there any ladies around what knew how to dance, I'm sure ya'd look even better, but my li'l friend here tells me you were doing all the leading and having a time of it, to say the least." Dhaaven says with a smirk. "Then again if she was good, she'd have showed you up and lead you around, ya may ha' looked a bit a fool."


Variel Nightstorm wrote:
I thank you for the compliment but to be honest it is all in the chosing of the partner in my opinion. If I would have chosen anyone else than these two you would have been laughing at me instead. Remember that's it's not how well you dance, it how well you look dancing. These 2 definitely make it look good to dance.

Glancing at Rain and Summer, If that's the case then you chose well.

I'll take your word for it. Swimming is the only dance I know and I am either alone for it or in a group."

EDIT because people are posting too fast :)Turning back to Rain: His eyes finally show a spark of life as she mentions the waves and the ocean. "You speak well of the Ocean for it has much to grant. It has made me much of what I am and, under the waves, It's emmisaries have taught me much. I am eager to learn more."


Knowledge, Nature (to identify the bird): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Lowering her head to get a better look at the small, plump bird, she casts a long look at Dhaavan before asking him, "What is your thrush's name?"


Listening to Sko speak of swimming, an animated smile crosses her lips, "I very much enjoy swimming, Sko. I have since I was young."

Growing thoughtful a moment or two she continues, "Those who believe they know the Ocean and all her breath are naive. She is not so easily conquered."


Dhaavan wrote:
"were there any ladies around what knew how to dance, I'm sure ya'd look even better, but my li'l friend here tells me you were doing all the leading and having a time of it, to say the least." Dhaaven says with a smirk. "Then again if she was good, she'd have showed you up and lead you around, ya may ha' looked a bit a fool."

"La, sir! There are indeed ladies here; please try to show them some respect," I add from my writing, not bothering to look up as I continue to enjoy my smoke.

Uncouth sod - even so; such are the "delights" of drink, I suppose.

Grand Lodge

Jumping into the conversation, "Swimming is part of life here, or in any port town, any nautical lifestyle. The knowledge of swimming will only help those in our proffessions."
He may not look like it, but hornan considers himself something of a scholar


"Thank you, Flynn. I appreciate the courtesy you show Sunny and I."

"May I ask what you are writing there, doctor?"


Seijiro looks up at the mention of swimming, his eyes bright with excitement. He looks over at Rain and nods... then shrugs... He speaks softly, "Not conquered, no, but one can be at home in her embrace."


Rain looks up from Flynn's writing which momentarily caught her attention to Hornan's disclosure regarding swimming, happy to hear him speak again.

"Indeed Hornan, if one could not swim, one would know how to sink."


With a tender smile, "Aye, Jiro. Her arms are wide, yet she can lull you like a mother, a sister, if you show her respect."

Grand Lodge

"Very true." He turns to Flynn "What are you working on there, Flynn, right?"


Rain wanted to ask Hornan if she had in some way offended him. But he was as curious as she regarding Flynn's writing and it could wait.

She scanned the room to look for Sunny while she waited for the good doctor to answer.


Rain Taneththir wrote:

Listening to Sko speak of swimming, an animated smile crosses her lips, "I very much enjoy swimming, Sko. I have since I was young."

Growing thoughtful a moment or two she continues, "Those who believe they know the Ocean and all her breath are naive. She is not so easily conquered."

It is good to know that there is more to Elves that being servants of that Wench goddess. I wonder if the other two are as fascinating as this one.

Sko nods at both Rain's and Seijiro's comments. Pleased to hear others echo thoughts so close to his own, rare enough indeed, Sko says nothing else for the time being; he is eager to see if this lot (far more interesting than he first gave them credit for) will continue to surprise him. Pleasant surprises have been few and far between.


Glancing up, suddenly startled at the attention – I remove the stem of my pipe from my mouth and respond after a quick exhale.

”Ah – apologies. An old habit from my youth; I enjoy writing, and often record my thoughts and observations in a log or journal. It helps me pass the time; and is a good discipline, I find. Also – it allows me to keep accurate records on where I have been and what I have seen in my travels.”

”There is quite a bit of chaos in the world, I find that some self-discipline is generally a good thing, at least for me. It keeps me focused – and on the sea focus and discipline are generally qualities that are necessary for survival, I believe,” I add with a polite smile.


"You must possess many journals, Flynn. Do you carry them all around with you? I would presume that is impractical, yet, if you stored them some place, you would not have ready access to the information contained within."

Grand Lodge

"Hmm, sounds interesting. What kind of tales do you have in there right now?"


Rising up a bit and looking at Horatio, Dhaaven says, "I'm showing them respect. The same respect I'd show any man. It's not like I'm being insulting! Sheesh."

Turning to the girls, Dhaaven bows a little, "I apologize if I was rude, it was not my intent. This little guy is Jack."

The bird chirps at Rain, but it is certainly not bird-speak. Rather it seems to be an extra-planar dialect. Anybody happen to speak Infernal?


Alas, no Infernal for Rain.

"No harm done, Dhaavan. But thank you for the apology." Upon introduction to the thrush, Rain bows her head in respect and then turns to Dhaavan, a perplexed look crossing her face, "What is he saying? For I do not understand his speech."


"Jack just says hello." Dhaaven says with a smile. "He's also a few rude things to say about the sea, but he's no sea-bird. Also gulls, he hots seagulls."

"So Flynn, what've you got written in there from tonight?"

Jack the Thrush chirps

infernal:

"Can we look at those notes tomorrow? This idiot won't remember enough tomorrow."


Karu yawned, for this was a tame night by the standards of Port 'P - a tavern filled with elven men and women, educated men writing in books or discussing philosophy.

Where be all 'de half-men? It be unlike Port P to not 'ave 'de orc-men in a drinkin' place.. or 'ave I stepped off in Andoran 'dis day and not even known it?

Karu threw his head back and chuckled as he emptied the last of the rum and at last greeting the glass of warm water before him.

Fond memories of Port P's brackish water solicited yet another grin from the Mwangi. Tilting it back, he downed the liquid in a single motion, slurping up anything "extra" that floated along with it.

Brushing his wet mouth with the back of his hand, he wondered aloud to all nearby, "I see 'de sun's run away, and now it be 'de Lady Besmara's time to shine 'er favor on 'dose that do 'er proud... put 'de books and 'de bandy-talk away, and bring out more o'de RUM! HA HA!"

Fumbling for whatever coin he can muster, he sprinkles the lonely bits onto the surprisingly empty counter like a man placing his last bet.


My eyes flick over the arrogant young waif with the bird who rises up from his chair – but I say nothing as he extends some form of an apology.

Hearing the questions of those around me about my writing, I shrug absently.

”In truth – this particular journal is fairly empty; while I have had several such journals over the years, I have left them with my uncle,” I add.

”I have graduated academy and received my formal papers as a ship’s surgeon – I am eager to find work. I suspected that I would find a vessel to sign on with, and it would be wise to keep records of what I discovered – you never know when such information can be of value.”

I take a sip of the rum, savoring the sweet flavor – pondering something.

”I wonder if such opportunities exist, and suspect that they do – indeed; something tells me that the chance for a new life is near at hand, but then again… we shall see what happens.”


Karu Kintabu wrote:

Karu yawned, for this was a tame night by the standards of Port 'P - a tavern filled with elven men and women, educated men writing in books or discussing philosophy.

Where be all 'de half-men? It be unlike Port P to not 'ave 'de orc-men in a drinkin' place.. or 'ave I stepped off in Andoran 'dis day and not even known it?

Karu threw his head back and chuckled as he emptied the last of the rum and at last greeting the glass of warm water before him.

Fond memories of Port P's brackish water solicited yet another grin from the Mwangi. Tilting it back, he downed the liquid in a single motion, slurping up anything "extra" that floated along with it.

Brushing his wet mouth with the back of his hand, he wondered aloud to all nearby, "I see 'de sun's run away, and now it be 'de Lady Besmara's time to shine 'er favor on 'dose that do 'er proud... put 'de books and 'de bandy-talk away, and bring out more o'de RUM! HA HA!"

Fumbling for whatever coin he can muster, he sprinkles the lonely bits onto the surprisingly empty counter like a man placing his last bet.

"Hah, that b@*@* goddess ain't no lady and I'd rather have no favor from her had I my choice." Dhaavan says, with a somewhat snarling laugh. "But she been draggin' me round by the balls I'll bet since 'afore i was born, and she ain't never done me no real kindness as I'd call it!" He takes a deep drink, polishing off his glass.

Leaning forward toward the crowd, he tells them, "Few years back a ship I was on got attacked by one o' her priest's ships. The Pirates robbed the boat, then sunk it by lightin' their powder reserves, and blowin out the bottom. What survivors were left got ate by sharks, save me. Weren't till a week later that I washed up on shore near dead, where I just happened to meet them same pirates! The priest captain said it was her will that I live through it, found a floating water-skin and the sharks left me alone."

Heaving a heavy sigh, Dhaavn continues, "After a thing like that, ye'd be hard pressed to find a body anywhere near-about the water, and yet every time I try, sommat pulls me back to the sea, where she wreaking havoc on my life, lettin me lived cause she likes me! Likes to mess with me is all." He shakes his head, adding "No offense to them that worship her, but i think she knows what she is, and she likes bein it."


"YES!" Karu beams as Dhaavan drinks deeply and surges with energy upon the telling of his tale.

"DA' VAN!" he claps loudly, wearing a broad grin once again.

"You know 'de Lady well 'den - and she 'as eyes for you! In 'er spell, y'are, coming back to 'de sea for more!"

Karu raises a dented tin mug that somehow has replaced his emptied glasses. Where he's keeping five beverages is a worthy question.

"More o' dese tales! 'De ones 'dat get a FIRE in 'de belly!"

He looks about hopefully, wondering if elves or fox-men get fires in their bellies.


Sunny bounces and claps along to the music and the dancing, something she manages to do by tucking her mug into the crook of an elbow. Once people slow down from their whiling about the floor to conversation she jiggles and wiggles in time to the music as she listens in intently on all the conversations flying thick and fast through the group.


Sunny wrote:
Sunny bounces and claps along to the music and the dancing, something she manages to do by tucking her mug into the crook of an elbow. Once people slow down from their whiling about the floor to conversation she jiggles and wiggles in time to the music as she listens in intently on all the conversations flying thick and fast through the group.

"Whow, are you excitable you got a good tale ta tell? Speak slower so this one can read yer words?" Dhaavan suggests should the girl have a contribution.

Karu Kintabu wrote:

"YES!" Karu beams as Dhaavan drinks deeply and surges with energy upon the telling of his tale.

"DA' VAN!" he claps loudly, wearing a broad grin once again.
"You know 'de Lady well 'den - and she 'as eyes for you! In 'er spell, y'are, coming back to 'de sea for more!"
Karu raises a dented tin mug that somehow has replaced his emptied glasses. Where he's keeping five beverages is a worthy question.
"More o' dese tales! 'De ones 'dat get a FIRE in 'de belly!"
He looks about hopefully, wondering if elves or fox-men get fires in their bellies.

Standing straighter, Dhaavan begins another story "Now this one begins on land, Caravan inland, but we had to cross a river. It's coming to night-fall and we gotta make town cause a storm's kicking up, and the trader's merchandise idn't much for gettin wet, ya see. they are hustlin along, and we gets to a river. Big beast of a river swolen cause the storm's a big'un and comin from up-river." he says gesturing. The bird chirping in it's strange language to remind him of teh order things happened in.

"So they're crossing this river, and lo'n behold there's a crack of thunder, an this old, old, tall tree gets hit and falls! RIght as I'm crossing the damn thing falls, and breaks up more'n a few f the boards on teh bridge, includin the ones i'm standin' on. SO i goes tumblin down inna the swolen' river and gets sweapt along, barely grabbing a piece of broke bridge for floating. Damn river warshed me all the way out to the esterwary (estuary) and i'm back in the salt-water!"

"Well eventually ya give up and see what the woman draggin you down wants with you. Only so long yea can fight fate, and i'm too young to be livin with her torturing me all my life, so here we are in the Shackles!

"So Flynn, yea got a yarn? betcha know somethin proper educational what we can learn from!" It's unclear whether or not Dhaavan is trying to get a rise out of Flynn, or is honestly trying to get the good Doctor to share something interesting. Dhaavan may be serious or too drunk to be properly sarchastic.


Dhaavan wrote:

"Whow, are you excitable you got a good tale ta tell? Speak slower so this one can read yer words?" Dhaavan suggests should the girl have a contribution. Standing straighter, Dhaavan begins another story

"Now this one begins on land, Caravan inland, but we had to cross a river. It's coming to night-fall and we gotta make town cause a storm's kicking up, and the trader's merchandise idn't much for gettin wet, ya see. they are hustlin along, and we gets to a river. Big beast of a river swolen cause the storm's a big'un and comin from up-river." he says gesturing. The bird chirping in it's strange language to remind him of teh order things happened in.

"So they're crossing this river, and lo'n behold there's a crack of thunder, an this old, old, tall tree gets hit and falls! RIght as I'm crossing the damn thing falls, and breaks up more'n a few f the boards on teh bridge, includin the ones i'm standin' on. SO i goes tumblin down inna the swolen' river and gets sweapt along, barely grabbing a piece of broke bridge for...

Sunny for some reason twists her self around to look at something behind her at Dhaavan's question, though satisfied returns to listen as she sweeps into another tale. She looks with interest at the bird chirping away upon his shoulder a slight frown appearing on her brow,

"Here, you bird done sound like it's got a cold or somat..." She offers her opinion given the strange guttural sounds the poor thing is making.

Also, sorry I missed it, what type of bird is it?(^_^)

*Is excited-ed that the DM's going to be choosing peoples soon!* (^_^)


Sunny, Dhaavan's bird is a Thrush. :)


Rain listened to the tales spun so enthusiastically by Dhaavan. Her eyes held a turquoise fire when he blasphemed the Pirate Queen but she held a civil tongue in her head. She moved a distance away so she could hold onto her self-control and wondered at Hornan and Jiro's general quietness, especially the former who had seemed talkative enough when they first met. It's no wonder with Dhaavan drawing all the attention to himself. Such the entertainer. Still, the adventurous tales are being well received by the general group , scanning the faces of the patrons of the Maid.

Rain was not much of a storyteller. She enjoyed a good yarn as much as the next person yet it was not in her ability to entertain in such ways. Instead, she tuned her ears into the bard and his frolicking song and tapped her booted foot in time with the music. The day had passed and night was at the door, beckoning darker things to come out and play. A shiver passed over her skin. She diverted her hearing to the faint sound of the waves lapping on the shore, and it began to calm her more turbulent emotions. Storm and Sky, Wave and Surf, let no harm befall us this night. Rain hoped the gods were feeling benevolent.


Ok so here are the selections. Sorry it took so long but I went back and forth so many times that I had to sleep on it in order to actually make a decision. I literally made 8 different parties in various combinations before settling on this one. I actually had to boost the party to 7 because I couldn't decide. I want you all to know that it was incredibly difficult due to the quality I have seen. Anyway, here is the party I selected. Please make your way over to the Discussion Thread.

Dhaavan
Horatio Flynn
Rain Taneththir
Valeros Jaloksin
Seijiro
Variel Nightstorm
Sko

To anyone that did not get selected. If you have not already submitted over there, GM Aperture is running a skull and shackles campaign as well over here and I highly recommend checking it out and submitting.


Congratulations and welcome aboard to those who were selected and best of luck to the other fine applicants. It was a pleasure rping with you all. Thank you. :)

Taldor

Thanks immortal and good luck to everyone else in getting in on an s&s game. Hope another opens up quickly. It was fun to rp as well to pass the time.


Congrats and fine sailing to those who are DM Immortal's crew. !(^_^)

*Races off to the other selection thread* (^_^)


Blarg, lost to the other Oracle!

Thanks for the fun role-playing this week, though... it was a blast!


ooooh... my thank you! I cant wait to get started... I'll have to tell GM Aperture to disregard my submission... *runs off to do that very thing*

151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.