Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Battles


Pathfinder Comics


Pathfinder Comics

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map

Ship interior
Ship exterior

Dread Lady Upper level
Dread Lady All Levels


8,451 to 8,497 of 8,497 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Flynn is down 2 STR, as well.

Rain, my notes say I was down by 1 strength, not 2, as I was only hit by the vine once. This was during Round 2 when it attacked me, but during my next action, I was freed from the vine and wasn't hit after that.

I apologize all for not posting sooner; I was awake as long as I could waiting an update. However, I got sick and then had to sleep for a while. I did set my alarm so I could be awake, but I didn't expect 25 posts during the two hours of sleep or I wouldn't have done that. In the future I'm going to try to avoid that sort of thing. The short answer is; I apologize for the delay.


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

no problem... was wondering why there was no input from you for so long... glad you are okay...

Seijiro shrugs and says..."I think we need, as Sandara says, to take this fight to the Sahuagin now rather than try to wait. But we need some way to breathe underwater in order to do this... that's going to be an issue for all of us, I think... "


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
no problem... was wondering why there was no input from you for so long... glad you are okay...

Thank you, Jiro. Meanwhile, it seems that everyone is now going to be AFK until tomorrow, unfortunately.

I will get my actions posted now for tomorrow, though.

Horatio looks at the others and notices Amen-set, who had apparently rushed out and used a Channel power to heal the others without him ordering her to.

While the action might have been risky if the vine creature had been alive, it was clear that her heart was in the right place, and as she didn't get hurt, he decided not to say anything about the matter.

GM - in the beginning you said that two NPC's were snatched - one of them was freed; what happened to the other one?

He takes a few seconds and reloads both shots of his musket and considers things a moment and listens to the others.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:
"What do you think, attack now or see if we can repair the rudder magically enough to move to a safer location?

Horatio looks at Variel as he finishes reloading.

"No need to worry about that right away, I'd think. All we need to do is dispatch one of the boats and just have the men tow the ship out of this channel and tack it away from these depths; maybe around the side of this gods-cursed island near one of the beaches that the Pilot-Major saw earlier."

When a sailing ship is in a bay without wind, boats were always used to drag the ship into the open waters so it could catch the wind and set sail; even 120 gun Ship's of the Line - or to put another way; Yeah, science! :)

"While it's there being fixed we shouldn't need to worry overly much about a sudden attack from those basterds beneath the waves on the ship itself."

"Still, we didn't sail all this way to turn around leave when things get sticky and it's true that they may still try the night attack, so getting it fixed is important, but why do it so close to their lair?" he asks the others.

"Meantime, I may not be able to conjure up some underwater breathing, but I sure as hell can get that damn rudder fixed," he says casually, referring to the Mending spell.

He peers over the side into the depths, then glances at one of the mates.

"Swing the lead and call the fathoms on that gods damned hole there; I think we'd all like to have some idea how deep it is before anyone decides to jump in," he says.

As he waits for an answer a sudden thought occurs to him and he looks at the mess of vegetation that's still splattered over the decks.

Recalling that the sap in aloe plants can last weeks, if not months, after a cut is made on the plant and the sap taken, he puts on his work gloves and moves carefully to the remains.

The vines are roughly eighty feet in length; there's a good chance that the sap that drained the strength of he and his comrades can be extracted from the vines.

Not sure on the formal stats for that sap - but as the effects are not only instantaneous, cumulative and there were no saves, it seems like a very good thing to salvage for using to coat ranged weapons or really any melee weapon, as it's touch effect, not something that needs to get into your bloodstream.

That said, with his Alchemy Ranks (and the Alchemy supplies below) can he extract the sap? If so - how much?

Also, with multiple vines that are about eighty feet, does anyone else want to get on this? There should be a lot of the sap to get and store; and given the stuff's potency, that could be extremely useful.

While he works on the sap, he glances to Amen-set.

"Go fetch Piper; tell her we got a job for her to do with the rudder. She can get that thing fixed easily, I'd wager - that is, if I'm not able to just do it with the spell."

I also need to know how much repairs the Mending spell can fix at this time. Thanks!

So while Horatio suggests towing the ship away from an immediate attack from the Sahunguin and fixing it around the side of the island, he doesn't want to sail away for an entire day just to rest as their casters will have time to prepare spells against us, too; when we go after them.

He also figures they can do a night attack no matter how far we're near their hole as they could just swim around the side of the island in the night, too; but given how clear the water is he assumes that the deck watch could see them coming during the day. If this plan is used then unfortunately it might mean that the heroes will have to take a boat and row it to over the hole and deal with the troubles without the advantage of an entire crew of NPC's ready to aid us.

Anyhow, that's his suggestion.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"I'm all for vengeance now rather than vindictiveness later, as for breathing underwater, I have a vest that lets me do that, and more importantly, a spell that will allow others... in me head, as of this moment." He grins, "Twelve hours worth of water breathing to be split between as many or few as required. So if I were to say granted it to five others, that would be pert near 2 hours and twenty minutes apiece. Good enough eh?"


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Adular wrote:
"I'm all for vengeance now rather than vindictiveness later, as for breathing underwater, I have a vest that lets me do that, and more importantly, a spell that will allow others... in me head, as of this moment." He grins, "Twelve hours worth of water breathing to be split between as many or few as required. So if I were to say granted it to five others, that would be pert near 2 hours and twenty minutes apiece. Good enough eh?"

As Horatio continues to work gingerly on extracting the sap from the vines, he glances at Adular.

"It sounds pretty good; but maybe we should wait at least until we find out the depth of this damn hole, first."

"Don't worry, one of the lads is tossing the lead now - we'll know how deep it is, and - likely - how much time a lad might need to be down there, soon enough," he adds with a nod at the priest.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"Or I could swim down there if you want?" Adular offers, "Less noisy. Vest lets me breathe and all that."


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

"Sounds good enough to me, Adular, the part about water breathing that is... I don't think you should go down alone - too much chance they'll gang up on you... I say we all take the fight to them now rather than try to move the ship and wait.. The crew can guard the ship while we go after the sahuagin in their domain." He grips the hilt of his rapier as he speaks...

does anyone have a touch of the sea spell... with my strength down, it would surely help me with swimming... would be nice if bards got it - at least 'sea singer' bards should have it, lol


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Adular wrote:
"Or I could swim down there if you want?" Adular offers, "Less noisy. Vest lets me breathe and all that."

Horatio glances up from his work.

"I agree with Jiro-san," he says.

"It's be a bad idea to go alone. Plus, that hole is deep enough that the water's dark - and you got eyes like me. You able to see in the dark when you're down there?" he adds, wondering if someone should just toss a coin with a light spell over the side to gauge the depths.

He looks at Jiro.

"As for leaving the ship here, on top of their main gate to be fixed while the fight is taken to them?"

"Whoever goes down there won't be guarding the ship. That means that another attack could happen from that hole and hurt the ship. The way I see it, that'd be a problem as - so far - these men didn't do much to protect the ship during the last scuffle. Besides, there's no reason the ship can't be moved from the entrance in the meantime - but then, that's just a suggestion."


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"Oh, Jiro, almost forgot about something. I know you've been putting off Sandara's aid to instead help the others, and that's grand lad, grand, but I've another one in me because of the kindness or whim of a certain higher power."

Casting another Lesser Restoration, this time of Jiro, since I believe all the other PCs are up? 1d4 ⇒ 2

"I see with less light than most, thanks to me elven mother, but if both of you are so concerned for my tender hide, I'll choose to be touched." He grins.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
does anyone have a touch of the sea spell... with my strength down, it would surely help me with swimming... would be nice if bards got it - at least 'sea singer' bards should have it, lol

You may want to consider something like Bull's Strength or possibly even one of those belts that boost your Carrying Capacity up very high. That's one of those things that the GM is particular about. Or you could have a Handy Haversack.

Which reminds me - does anyone have a Bag of Holding? It can fit quite a few humanoids in it; and also 10 minutes of air to breathe in for Adular to swim people down and then let them all out. Just a thought...

EDIT: Never mind; luckily Adular healed you, so no worries.

Also, I forgot your Elven eyes. My bad.

Still needing to know how well the Mending spell does; and the status of the extracting stuff from the vines.


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

the party has a handy haversack and seijiro usually carries it but he won't be when he's trying to swim... he can carry his magical stuff including weapons and armor esp. now with 2 points of str back.


Female 3

As Amen-set rushes out to the main deck she lets out a burst of healing that manages to effect her comrades. She notices Rain has used magic to coat the creature with a sheen of ice and Horatio suddenly raises his gun and finishes the creature.

She smiles grimly at the action, then bows to both of them.

As the combat has concluded she waits to see what shall happen next.

Seijiro wrote:
"Thanks to you both for the healing, I needed that... though i still feel weak... " He winks at Adular and nods toward Variel and Rain when he speaks.

Amen-set acknowledges Seijiro’s praise with a bow to him as well, though she says little now, merely listening to see what may happen next.

Rain turns to her, too.

Rain Taneththir wrote:
"Thank you for the healing, Amen-set and Adular. My wounds are gone yet my strength still remains diminished. My own magic is buoying my muscle and might, yet it shall expire and I will need some attention, if Sandara is willing to give it." She smiled at the woman.

Amen-set looks at Rain with a puzzled expression, not sure why her senet should feel her strength is diminished. Curious to know what happened, she waits to learn more.

After a few moments and few details, she eventually turns to Horatio.

”Other than a few who came aloft, the rest of the men did nothing to aid you. What shall be done for their cowardice?” she asks him.

Horatio merely grunts in response; his eyes disgusted, but he offers no other response than that. Amen-set looks at the hold below where the others are still doing nothing, even when the threat is over and help could be used on deck. Her hands clench into fists and her knuckles whiten as she squeezes them tightly together as her eyes grow flinty as she stares at the hold below them.

She is tempted to speak to Rain and ask her some questions about what happened, as well as how she is feeling, but she suddenly remembers that the Elf has mentioned a need for solitude and therefore does not push the issue.

As she stands there and looks around Horatio glances up at her and beckons her over and the two converse quietly as Horatio works on the vines.


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

As things wind down, Seijiro idly scratches Tomo's neck and head, while the monkey reciprocally grooms the kitsune's long hair. He looks around at the mess on the deck, wondering what Flynn is doing with the pieces of vine... he kicks a few little pieces over the side, leaving the ones Flynn seems interested in for him to salvage.

Not seeing Dhaavan around, he takes it up on himself to organize a small group of the crew to swab the decks before the blood sets into the wood. He'll aid their work with a little prestidigitation, but not do all of it himself, as they need to have normalcy restored, and this is normal. If any repairs are needed elswhere, like in the rigging, he'll set folk to work doing that as well... (with all those vines swinging around, it's possible)

Once the work is well under way, he slips downstairs and gets a banana for Tomo and he to share and returns to the deck, breaking off small pieces, one for him, the next for Tomo and so forth, while he observes the work being done... Until a decision is made on the group's next actions...

I'm for splitting the water breathing and taking the fight to the sahuagin while the crew guard the ship, but that's just mho


A couple of things: 1. The strength damage wasn't from a poison, it was from a magical action of the animation of the vine so there is nothing to harvest from them other than possibly a halfway decent rope. It was a good thought, though if it was poison of some kind there would have been a save. 2. Mending only effects objects of up to 1 lb per level and the highest anyone could cast it is 6th level so 6 lbs. The rudder is way more than 6 lbs in weight on a ship that size. You would need several castings of the spell Make Whole in order to do what you are talking about.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"I think we've got the juice, unless new evidence comes to light, I'm for taking it to them and kicking their damn teeth in."
Still not sure how much Variel has been healed by wands or the like? he mentioned using them instead of Adular, but I haven't seen him get use of them?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Hunter 2/AC 19, T12, FF17/ HP 52/52, F+8 R+9/+10 W+3 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +13/+15

Rain mentioned earlier she was in for taking on the Sahuagin now rather than the morning. I'm headed to bed so just wanted to say Rain's okay with the plan.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"Let's take one of those healing wands with us, Captain, but for now," the cleric approaches Variel, "Let's give you your health as well as some strength." Once more, energy flows into the elf , this time sealing wounds, not all perhaps, but most.

Second use of maximizing a healing spell today. CMW for (2d8+6) 22 hit points returned.

"Ye may have a very manly scar after all, but otherwise, good to go?"


Human Varisian Sorcerer 6 (HP: 26/32 [1 str], AC:15 /F:5,R:6,W:7/ HeroPts 2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +5/6(3))(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Slight ret-con with healing

Dhaavan appears with a flourish and a bow as Amen-set and Sandara's healing washes over them. Thankee kindly ladies. As always your ministrations are greatly appreciated. he still looks worse for wear, but seems not to be showing it 7 to 6 str, so no additional penalties

He checks on Shivikah as well as the other crewmen that had been grabbed to make sure that everyone is well enough.

Re water breathing
and YOU, ya scallawag! he shouts to Adular That's thinkin ahead! Ha-HA! Dhaavan laughs clapping his hands on the cleric's shoulders. Once were geared up, we go down and give em Hells was worried we didn't have that spell...

Amen set:
Amen-set Neitaker wrote:


”Other than a few who came aloft, the rest of the men did nothing to aid you. What shall be done for their cowardice?” she asks him.

Horatio merely grunts in response; his eyes disgusted, but he offers no other response than that. Amen-set looks at the hold below where the others are still doing nothing, even when the threat is over and help could be used on deck. Her hands clench into fists and her knuckles whiten as she squeezes them tightly together as her eyes grow flinty as she stares at the hold below them.

Now I see your point, but it's a tough shot to hit that plant, and the crewmen would have only gotten themselves eaten, had they been up here, then who would have driven of the Sahaguin raid while we were busy with the plant. dhaavan replisureI see your point, but in this situation, the crew was where they were needed.

The First mate will make sure we have guards posted and watches set, telling Flynn's gun crews to get orders from him, and to coordinate with the watch.

Dhaavan is super excited to take it to the fish-men


Sandara comes over to Dhaavan, Horatio, and Amen-set and says If there is punishment to be meted out, let it be meted out upon meself. I ordered the ones not coming with me to repel the Sahuagin, to stay below decks until the Captain's Council had dealt with the vine monster as they did not have the capability to handle such a threat. If I was in error by protecting the crew and not wanting them to get in your way then let me take the beatin'. I'll await the councils decisio. She then stands and waits for your judgement.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

Adular hears Sandara talk, and frowns at something.

"Belay that, Sandara, unless the Captain or First mate want to step up, I believe as Bossun, the crew's under my care, and punishment. I saw them drive the fishmen off, and I could have stopped those same crewmen from following you. I didn't because it made a hell of a lot of sense to me."

He looks to the other officers, "Or is that bosun talk ceremonial?"


Adular wrote:

"Let's take one of those healing wands with us, Captain, but for now," the cleric approaches Variel, "Let's give you your health as well as some strength." Once more, energy flows into the elf , this time sealing wounds, not all perhaps, but most.

Second use of maximizing a healing spell today. CMW for (2d8+6) 22 hit points returned.

"Ye may have a very manly scar after all, but otherwise, good to go?"

Instead of wasting the spell, use the wand a couple of times so that you can keep the higher casting spell for in combat if needed Adular. Just a thought.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)
DM Immortal wrote:
Adular wrote:

"Let's take one of those healing wands with us, Captain, but for now," the cleric approaches Variel, "Let's give you your health as well as some strength." Once more, energy flows into the elf , this time sealing wounds, not all perhaps, but most.

Second use of maximizing a healing spell today. CMW for (2d8+6) 22 hit points returned.

"Ye may have a very manly scar after all, but otherwise, good to go?"

Instead of wasting the spell, use the wand a couple of times so that you can keep the higher casting spell for in combat if needed Adular. Just a thought.

I thought someone else had the wand, why I asked

Slight retcon then I guess...
Adular took the wand, and touched Variel with it, "I always feel a bit silly using a glowing stick, but It'll get the job done I hope."
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He frowns at the tepid healing the wand provides, "What, you been left in storage too long? Get the lead out!" He shakes it and tries again.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

24 points, and it only took 6 frickin charges. Yeesh


Np man. Just didn't want you to be without in case you needed it. Also...f&#! you diceroller!!! Why do you hate my players?

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 6; HP 23/48, AC 17/12/15; saves 8/6/7; CMB: +7, CMD 19 loot list

Talk with Dhaavan about summons: Dont worry about it Dhaavan. I was thinking initially that if we stayed for the night. I would not waste those abilities of yours at this time if we are going to attack them. We can provide an escort to Adular while he searches for the lair.

Variel's healing I agree to use the wand to heal up as that is a potent healing that Adular can give in combat to keep someone up. I think we can give a few round of healing with the wand to keep your spells Adular. Thanks again for the lesser restoration.

If we do use the wand then 7d8 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 7) + 7 = 29 7 charges used

Jiro: I do not have the ability to cast that spell to aid you in swimming however I do have 2 potions we can use. Also we have that bag of holding with the bottle of air that we can use. I would use Adular's spell first to give us all the ability to breath underwater but this is a perfect back up should we need it.

Sandara: There will be no need for punishment. If we as the officers could barely handle that creature there is no reason to expect the crew to die needlessly. You were concerned for the crew and took initiative. I myself took action to save a crew member and you did the same. Any punishment meted to you would have to be dealt to me as well.


Human Varisian Sorcerer 6 (HP: 26/32 [1 str], AC:15 /F:5,R:6,W:7/ HeroPts 2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +5/6(3))(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan appraises Sandara for a few moments, and then nods. I got this he tells the councel.
will edit in a sec

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 6; HP 23/48, AC 17/12/15; saves 8/6/7; CMB: +7, CMD 19 loot list

Haha we both suck at the healing wand. Thanks Adular !

If we are all ready then let us proceed. Sandara you have the ship.

Variel will make sure the bag of holding and the bottle of air is along as well as his potions. He will leave his Spellbook and other mundane gear. Weapons and armor are along with Variel.


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

Seijiro watches and listens to the talk of punishment with a deep frown, not seeing any need for any of it... Low so as not to be intrusive, he says to the other officers, " the crew did what was right by them... avoided a foe they had no chance of hurting and bravely dealing with a threat they could handle when it arose. What's the problem here?" Other than that, he stands quietly wth the scowl on his youthful face, making him look a bit older than usual.

edit: gah! ninja'd, but still he'd have said this, just a bit quicker


Human Varisian Sorcerer 6 (HP: 26/32 [1 str], AC:15 /F:5,R:6,W:7/ HeroPts 2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +5/6(3))(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan puts a hand on Varieties shoulder, and shots Jiro a look, *raised eyebrow*

With a flick of his wrist his dagger is out, and he deftly spins it, catching the blade. He then lightly taps Sandara on the forehead.

Cap'n and Sejiro said it, you made the right call with the crew. We appreciate it. That he says referring to the bop-onna-head is for thinking we wouldn't see it that way, and be unreasonable enough to punish you for doing a good job. Not like Plugg and Scourge would have.

Pointing out the fully completed tattoo of the ships crest he gave her, her Mark of the Fury That mark means you're trusted with the authority and responsibility to make that kind of call when we're doing stuff like fighting giant vine monster things and such.

He gives her his winningest of smiles and a nod off acknowledgement cause she did do good and keep crew and ship safe. Then looks to the council for confirmation, Amiright? Or an I right?


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

Seijiro smiles, his scowl quickly gone and nods at Dhaavan. "Well said!"


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"Well, that seems to settle it." Adular nods


She nods back, and in typical Sandara fashion, turns to a member of the crew who was not tying a line off correctly and goes to start screaming at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also just fyi if you guys recall, you have a likely entrance that is out of the water that you can check out up the cliff. The skull cave eye things you noticed.


Human Varisian Sorcerer 6 (HP: 26/32 [1 str], AC:15 /F:5,R:6,W:7/ HeroPts 2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +5/6(3))(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Even with magic we may have trouble keeping up with the beasts under water in their element. We can try to enter through the caves first from shore. Lets get the Lady out of the deep, if we can then take a boat to the caves.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 6; HP 23/48, AC 17/12/15; saves 8/6/7; CMB: +7, CMD 19 loot list

Good memory with the tattoo Dhaavan.

Variel nods in agreement with Dhaavan's actions. Well said and well done first mate. Now that this matter is decided do we head to the cave or go underwater first? It may be easier to go tot eh cave as we land lubbers can stand and move easier but they may not expect to have us come at them in their element.

Dhaavan you sem to be ready for the cave, if another votes in favor of that I am willing to go along with that as well.

The crew can move the ship while we investigate. They can handle that work well as that is what they were trained for.


AC18 (T 15, FF 13); HP 53/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13) kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2
skills:
acro 18(20,23), appr 10, bluff 6, climb 8, disable 14, disg 5, esc art 6, intim 8, kn local 6, kn geog 6(8), kn nat 5, ling 8, perc 9(11,13), prf: harm 7, prf: act 6; pr: sail 10, sm 0(2), soh 10, stlth 14(16)(18), sw 8

"We don't know that moving the ship to deep water will prevent another sahuagin attack... they might just follow... I think we should deal with them first, then go for the cave when the fish men are no longer a threat." He shrugs, as his is just one opinion, and he lacks the experience of the others.


Horatio the line comes back that was requested to check the depth and conchabar tells you it is just over 100 fathoms


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Hunter 2/AC 19, T12, FF17/ HP 52/52, F+8 R+9/+10 W+3 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +13/+15

Rain leaned against the mast, Neko by her feet, and listened without word.

As conversation moved to the Skull cave, she heard Jiro speak of the Sahuagin once more and she added her own opinion, "Like Jiro, I believe we should deal with the Sahuagin first. To underestimate them by dragging the Lady into deeper waters is to ask for trouble later."

Once she said her piece, she rested against the mast, quietly.


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

"I'm with Jiro's way of thinking meself," He nods to Rain's words in agreement.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 6; HP 23/48, AC 17/12/15; saves 8/6/7; CMB: +7, CMD 19 loot list

Very well, I was ambivalent as to which direction to ho but can see the majority is in favor of the water approach. Let us take a boat to the edge of the cliffs then before Adular enables us to breathe under water. That should give us a hit more time to explore and take care of business with the Sahuagin.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:
Now I see your point, but it's a tough shot to hit that plant, and the crewmen would have only gotten themselves eaten, had they been up here, then who would have driven of the Sahaguin raid while we were busy with the plant. dhaavan replisureI see your point, but in this situation, the crew was where they were needed.

Horatio studies the vines for a moment, then, after some time working testing the sap for ambient resin, stands and spits at them and kicks them off the deck.

Poxing sap is magical, not arcane, gods damn it! he mutters.

He shakes his head as if to clear it, than glances at Dhaavan.

”Well, as you’re asking… I know it’s not an easy shot; sure. But as you may recall, I spent a lot of time working with a select group of lads to make sure that when and if the time came to use siege guns that they’d know how to do so and be prepared.”

”Not only that, but I ended up paying my coin out of my pocket, as the position is risky and challenging and I personally felt a little bonus was the right thing to do. Plus, I bunked with them, ate with them, sang with them... that sort of thing.”

He shrugs.

"But hey - that was then, you know? And honestly, it's not a big deal to me any more."

"The thing is, I figure we take this as a learning experience, you know? That maybe we have "standing orders" for certain situations, so if someone isn't around to give specific orders that all the other folk will kind of know what we'd like them to do in a given situation without having to guess what we'd like to do," he says with a relaxed voice.

”In this situation, I think, the best thing for it is to have had bows on deck near the masts with arrows. Hell, that's good for all of us if a sudden attack hops out of the water; after all, not all of us always have ranged weapons handy. Besides, a bow isn’t the kind of weapon a lad would mutiny with anyhow, at least, as I see it… Anyhow, if half the lads on deck had taken the bows and fired them before rushing below... Well, who knows how effective they may have been?”

”The only thing we do know is that if you don’t try at all then you’ll never succeed.”

"But hey - no worries either way. If something doesn't go how we like, the best thing to do is learn from it so it doesn't have to happen again, right?"

Then he slides his pistol out of the holster and checks the priming absently, his eyes on neither Dhaavan or Amen-set.

”Besides, I think what riled my “ward” here was that she’s a person of action. She personally likes to fight – she likes battle, and bloodshed, and glory. And I suppose that she assumes that other folk are aligned to her way of thinking. And maybe she figures that if folk don’t fight to protect those they care for – or those that pay them – then they’re not worth of a damn.”

He shoves the pistol back in his holster, his eyes flicking up to look at Dhaavan, but he raises his voice clearly for Amen-set’s benefit.

”But she isn't me. We're not the same person and we don't always think alike. Anyhow, as she isn’t in charge, I think it’s safe to say that her opinion isn’t really that important right now,” he adds, glancing at Amen-set with a hard gleam in his eye, but says nothing else on the matter.

He looks back at Dhaavan and nods politely.

At this point Sandara approaches them.

DM Immortal wrote:
If there is punishment to be meted out, let it be meted out upon meself. I ordered the ones not coming with me to repel the Sahuagin, to stay below decks until the Captain's Council had dealt with the vine monster as they did not have the capability to handle such a threat. If I was in error by protecting the crew and not wanting them to get in your way then let me take the beatin'. I'll await the councils decisio. She then stands and waits for your judgement.

Horatio shrugs somewhat ambivalently.

”Hey – don’t worry about it. I mean, in some ships that’d probably earn you a a lot of trouble – but I don’t figure we do things that way on this ship… You know, with lashing and keelhaulings and hangings and so on…”

As Sandara’s eyes flick to Horatio, Adular offers his thoughts on Sandara’s offer.

Adular wrote:

"Belay that, Sandara, unless the Captain or First mate want to step up, I believe as Bossun, the crew's under my care, and punishment. I saw them drive the fishmen off, and I could have stopped those same crewmen from following you. I didn't because it made a hell of a lot of sense to me."

He looks to the other officers, "Or is that bosun talk ceremonial?"

Amen-set’s gives Adular a sudden look, but Horatio just turns and stares at her and jerks his head and she moves forward away from them.

Horatio then turns and looks at Adular with some surprise.

”I don’t suspect there’s a reason to pull rank; after all, we were just talking here. That being the case, it looks like everyone’s done talking about it.”

He notices everyone’s angry tones and stern comments about Amen-set’s comment and looks around at the others.

”Look, Amen-set asked a direct and reasonable question. No matter what her opinion is, I don't there's a problem if someone just asks questions."

"However, if there is a problem, well… The girl that did the asking is my problem to deal with; and while I may not be around to deal with that problem right away, you can trust me when I tell you that I will deal with problems, as I will deal with her if she causes trouble.”

”But as I see it at this point there are no problems, no trouble, and no issues.”

Horatio says nothing more about the subject. Instead, he pulls out a smoke and lights it up and says nothing more until the matter turns to other things.

Dhaavan wrote:
Even with magic we may have trouble keeping up with the beasts under water in their element. We can try to enter through the caves first from shore. Lets get The Lady out of the deep, if we can then take a boat to the caves.

Horatio leans back and watches Dhaavan thoughtfully, curious to know what others may say.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Variel nods in agreement with Dhaavan's actions. ...Now that this matter is decided do we head to the cave or go underwater first? It may be easier to go tot eh cave as we land lubbers can stand and move easier but they may not expect to have us come at them in their element.

Dhaavan you sem to be ready for the cave, if another votes in favor of that I am willing to go along with that as well.

The crew can move the ship while we investigate. They can handle that work well as that is what they were trained for.

Horatio takes a drag on the smoke, and glances at the others.

As he does, Conchobar comes up and tells him the fathoms of the hole; which seems to be about 600 Feet deep...

GM - fathoms are 6 feet - is it really 600 feet deep?

Horatio recalls with vivid clarity that the ocean that they had sailed on thus far was only about 40 Feet deep; which means that the hole in the waters in the center of the cliffs is much deeper than the waters around the cliffs.

Recalling that the ship was unable to be moved out the space under the rock overhang without the rudder being fixed, or the ship being towed, he glances back at the others.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:
The crew can move the ship while we investigate. They can handle that work well as that is what they were trained for.

Horatio wonders where the crew will move the ship to work on it, recalling that Rain mentioned some beaches near the cliff-side when they approached. Curious to know if the ship will be moved there, he almost missed Variel’s additional comments.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Very well, I was ambivalent as to which direction to ho but can see the majority is in favor of the water approach. Let us take a boat to the edge of the cliffs then before Adular enables us to breathe under water. That should give us a hit more time to explore and take care of business with the Sahuagin.

As the others seem to have come to a decision he turns and heads forward, his face expressionless and his eyes flat so that he can have a private word with the young girl in his care…


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Hunter 2/AC 19, T12, FF17/ HP 52/52, F+8 R+9/+10 W+3 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +13/+15
Horatio Flynn wrote:
”In this situation, I think, the best thing for it is to have had bows on deck near the masts with arrows. Hell, that's good for all of us if a sudden attack hops out of the water; after all, not all of us always have ranged weapons handy. Besides, a bow isn’t the kind of weapon a lad would mutiny with anyhow, at least, as I see it… "

Upon Flynn's examination of the combat which passed and his suggestion of bows, Rain felt a compulsion to respond steadily, "Flynn makes a fair point. We should set bows and arrows on deck to be used in such situations where we cannot readily reach the enemy. We should consider it, now, and make it so, for all future fighting."


that's correct Horatio. 600 feet


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)
Quote:
”I don’t suspect there’s a reason to pull rank; after all, we were just talking here. That being the case, it looks like everyone’s done talking about it.”

"Requesting Discipline on the crew ain't just talk, and accusations of cowardice less so to my mind... and it seems if I hadn't pulled rank, it wouldn't have gotten noticed or so it seemed, and maybe I read it wrong, but the matters done now, so no harm." He shrugs.


getting a little tense all around everyone. Rp is fine let's just make sure we keep it as rp ok.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Adular wrote:
"Requesting Discipline on the crew ain't just talk, and accusations of cowardice less so to my mind... and it seems if I hadn't pulled rank, it wouldn't have gotten noticed or so it seemed, and maybe I read it wrong, but the matters done now, so no harm." He shrugs.

Horatio stops walking toward Amen-set, pausing a moment, then he turns and walks back to Adular.

He says nothing for a moment, considering just walking away; but he reasoned that Adular and he had different personalities and thoughts. Further, there was no harm in expressing those thoughts and ideas - different as they were - so long as it was just talking.

That said, he shrugs.

"So here's the thing, Amen-set is my ward; I look after her, I watch over and I protect her. Now, it's true; she's somewhat more... enthusiastic about battle than others are. And it's also true that her personality tends to remind me almost of some stick-in-the-mud paladin-type sometimes. But the way I see it, when her personality colors just her words, well... I don't think that's unreasonable; and I don't think that just asking questions is unreasonable, either."

He sighs and thinks a moment.

"People say things on the ship that can rile others. That's just life, though. Sometimes they don't mean it, and sometimes they do because they're stressed or frustrated or whatever... And sometimes they say things that just come out ugly."

"It's my experience that when that happens - that is, when someone says or does something that riles you, the best thing to do is to figure that it was just an accident on their part and let it go, you know?"

He takes another pull on his smoke.

"Anyhow, with that in mind, what I'm going to say is a bit more serious, begging your pardon..."

"The folk on this ship aren't really like the Royal Navy of Sargava, you know? I mean, we're a group of people seeking adventures and action. Sure, we have positions on this ship that the crew will respect when we give them orders; but among ourselves we're all equal - because we're friends and allies."

He nods his head aft toward Variel.

"You notice a moment ago that Variel asked us for our opinion? What I mean is; he didn't call out orders like the Commodore of a 120 gun Ship-of-the-Line... I mean, he asked us what we thought because he respects our opinion and we talk things over. That's not common on most ships, I know, but we don't really "pull rank" with each other, we talk things out, reason with each other."

He sighs.

"Look, I think you're a good guy; you're handy in a fight, and you're friendly. Plus, I respect your skills as a caster and a sailor."

"Anyhow, all I'm saying is that I'm not really comfortable with people trying to "pull rank" on me. As for people in my care? Let me deal with them; believe me, I can handle the people I care for as easily as the Pilot-Major can handle her cat or Jiro-san can handle his monkey."

"I hope there's no hard feelings on the matter, and that - like you said - everything good now?" he says, and offers his hand to the priest.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:
that's correct Horatio. 600 feet

Breathing underwater is cool, but will that kind of pressure be something we can handle (I mean the pressure that comes from being so deep below the surface). I mean - going scuba-diving more than 100 feet can sometimes cause issues with people who aren't experienced - will we need additional spells or protection if we do go under other than simple breathing spells?


Male Half Elf (AC: 22,t12,ff20;HP 37/37; Fort+6,Ref+5, Will+9*; Perc +6; Init +2)

Adular shakes his head at Flynn, "Was good. then you kept going. For a man who wants to let things drop, you've got a nasty habit on insisting on the last word in something. Now I'm going to assume you don't mean to come across as condescending as you lecture me. Let me put it clear: Yon lady wants to play games of discipline on others, wants to get someone on violation of the rules as she sees them , then she has no right to be surprised if called on her own violations. Then suddenly you made this about me insulting you pulling rank on you? I did no such thing. No, Flynn, you may say you respect me as a sailor and a caster but words of respect are like wind that won't even fill a sail. Talking out one side of your mouth and claiming you respect me, and then lecturing me out of the other as you cast me in a role I've not been playing? No. That's not alright at all. It's damn right insulting whether you see it or not. I'm going to cool off now. If you'd actually NOT try to get the last word one more time, I'd be pleasantly surprised. G'd day."

And he turns and walks a frown on his face. He just couldn't drop it. Best I do.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
"Flynn makes a fair point. We should set bows and arrows on deck to be used in such situations where we cannot readily reach the enemy. We should consider it, now, and make it so, for all future fighting."

Horatio nods his head at Rain.

”If you’d like we can prepare longbows or shortbows – pick them up at the next port?”

”Also we may want to consider keeping small casks of pitch – sealed of course, so they don’t break open and spill – and have some arrows wrapped in cloth. That way, if we see another ship about a league out that moves to threaten us we can crack open the pitch, coat some of the arrows and have fire-arrows handy for enemy sails.”

”As for standing orders – well, I’ll leave that to you all,” he says, curious to know what the others may think on the matter.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Let us take a boat to the edge of the cliffs then before Adular enables us to breathe under water. That should give us a hit more time to explore and take care of business with the Sahuagin.

Horatio calls out to the others –

”Begging your pardon, but one of the mates just said that the depth of the hole is about 600 feet.”

”That could be a problem if you go that deep. Also, it could become very dark down there, that might be tricky,” he adds.

8,451 to 8,497 of 8,497 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.