Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


401 to 450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro watches the ministrations on Valeros... then rises slowly as if still hurting badly. He drags himself off to his hammock and climbs in. He lays there and contemplates his lot... softly plays a very sad tune on his harmonica before putting it away and curling up for the night.

Didn't roll perform because I'm not trying an action nor to entertain to the crew - he's just playing for himself. If any real conversation goes on, he'll be up for it, but other than that, he's not attempting a night-time action for risk of the fatigue that would follow.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

If all goes as planned with Valeros:

When the Gillman's eyes flutter open after Horatio' healing (0 or 1 hp) he whispers, "Take it easy mate. Yea ain't in real good shape yet so be careful. Glad to see ya up, tho. hate to have a debt to a dead man." Dhaavan smirks as if sharing an inside joke of sorts with Valeros. "I gave the doc here a hand stitchin' yea back up, but there's only so much we can do, yea know? Any idea on whatcha gonna do 'bout yer daily drink? Don't want to get the lash like that again is for sure."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro watches the ministrations on Valeros... then rises slowly as if still hurting badly. He drags himself off to his hammock and climbs in. He lays there and contemplates his lot... softly plays a very sad tune on his harmonica before putting it away and curling up for the night.

Didn't roll perform because I'm not trying an action nor to entertain to the crew - he's just playing for himself. If any real conversation goes on, he'll be up for it, but other than that, he's not attempting a night-time action for risk of the fatigue that would follow.

If Jiro is also there - I will also talk to him from time to time while I work - questioning him about various different "Eastern Medicines" and styles, curious to know if he has any insight.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro watches Flynn work on Valeros and answers his questions, unfortunately mostly with a lot of shrugs and denials. "Sorry I don't know anything about healing or medicine. Probably not much different from here, I'd think. Magical healing for some, time and fortune for the rest." His attitude might seem a little fatalistic, but perhaps that's a cultural difference.

"Maybe if you wet him down with a bucket of water, that would help at least if he can't actually go IN water for a while," Seijiro suggests. "Dunno if it will help, but it couldn't hurt."


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

"I found out who the snitches in the crew were but as they jumped us this morning you've already deduced who they are. Not that there mightn't be others who would side with Plugg in a pinch but that group are his main toadies."

Looking over at Valeros, "I know a little of healing but I'm no expert." He pauses, "That jump over the ship into the water; anyone know how often he has to do that? We can't have him getting six lashes a day; a number that will probably go up the more he has to do it."

Heal Assist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro watches Flynn work on Valeros and answers his questions, unfortunately mostly with a lot of shrugs and denials. "Sorry I don't know anything about healing or medicine. Probably not much different from here, I'd think. Magical healing for some, time and fortune for the rest." His attitude might seem a little fatalistic, but perhaps that's a cultural difference.

"Maybe if you wet him down with a bucket of water, that would help at least if he can't actually go IN water for a while," Seijiro suggests. "Dunno if it will help, but it couldn't hurt."

Somewhat ret-conned with Jiro.

"Perhaps," I say somewhat distractedly as I continue to work...

"But it may not be enough. In your searches - " I say to Jiro and Dhaavan, and Sko too - without looking up " - did any of you happen to come across any large barrels, or empty casks? If we find one that is unused - we may be able to fill it with water so that when he sleeps, or sometime beforehand - he may be able to immerse himself in the cask, or what-have-you, for as long as he needs."

My fingers prod gently at the muscles - slowly massaging out some of the scar tissue which formed magically when they were healed. Once engaged in this task - I glance up at them both.

"The real difficulty is securing the cask, if you can find it, without one of the other fools on this ship deciding to use it for their own end; or break or damage it simply to cause mischief for amusement."

I let out a sigh, and stretch my back.

"If any of you have found such an object - or has made a friend aboard here that knows of such a thing; perhaps the cook's mate - they're bound to have barrels for their stores, eh? Or perhaps you have seen spare barrels in the hold that are not being used? If so - we must see what we can do to procure one. I have a feeling this one," I say, with a jut of my chin toward Valeros "will need it in the days to come."

Then I go back to work.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

A little retcon since I was sleeping when you guys were posting. ;p

Rain keeps her eyes closed a moment or two, remembering the warmth spreading through her. Her eyes snap open when she is aware of her surroundings and she tries to lift herself from the floor and feels slightly lightheaded but otherwise fine. She lifts her hand to feel behind her, knowing the lash and the knots cut in deep before she passed out but she finds the skin knitted together and no weeping cuts. She looks about and sees the female and nods her head in thanks. "I do not know your name but thank you," her voice barely a whisper, not wanting to draw attention.

Then anger rose as she recollected the smug tone of Plugg as he decreed she would go first. Never in her life had she been whipped and beaten such as this and she would not forget it anytime soon. We have a debt to settle, Plugg. Soon, by Besmara's name I pledge it. Her fists clench and her turquoise eyes take on the shade of a stormy sea. Upon hearing Dhaaven's words, she turns her head to look him in the eyes, her voice a low, restrained growl, "Since we have boarded this vessel, you have been chastising me for my rashness and stupidity. Do you think me addled of brain that you must repeat yourself, human? Do you believe I would endanger companions with naught a thought? I have been alive 116 years and am capable of more than you credit me for. Let me refresh your memory. The only person who has endangered us is you and that demon-spawned bird you summoned -- you were the one who had Jape bleed out and dying, not I. So, if you are to preach temperance, then best direct it at a more needful recipient: you, human." She reaches and grabs her things from Dhaaven (I have no idea if Dhaaven has all my stuff or not-confirm what items, please?) and speaks again, suspicion in her still-low voice, "How do you have my things?"


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

DM - were there any empty casks on the middle deck when I searched there? I know from the picture there are barrels among the boxes... but has the ship been at sea long enough for any of them to become empty or near empty yet? Of course filling one with sea water is a whole nother problem, but one that doesn't need to be addressed until we have something to put the stuff in.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

"Fishgut's a decent enough sort if, perhaps, a bit too fond of the drink; he's the one who told me who Plugg's cronies are. I apologize that I wasn't able to get that information to you quicker. If he doesn't have a barrel I'm sure he'll know where one is. I'll ask him on the morrow."

He looks at Rain, "I'm sorry you had to go first and so did not have as much time to steel yourself. I think Plugg wanted you to suffer more and to intimidate us more because that's the kind of vermin he is. He is a fool though. Prey should not taunt the predator."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I hear Sko's words, but my mind is focused now on the issue raised by Rain - which is suddenly in the forefront of my thoughts.

”Aye, lad,” I say to Dhaavan with a cocked eye as I continue work on Valeros – ”The elven lass here speaks the truth. You drew first blood in what might have been naught but a cheap brawl.”

I continue to probe Valeros’s back – searching for more internal scar tissue. I know that he had suffered injury – and I also know that part of the healing process is the forming of scar tissue which can – in time – break down when the muscles are made loose from modest movement; so I continue to massage the tissue, hoping to gently wear it down.

”You caused a lot of trouble with your summoning spell – we all tasted the lash for it; including the other scum. This is problematic especially for you. Not only did they suffer the embarrassment of letting down their master, bosun Plugg – but they were beaten for it, and also lost the fight. All of it painful - but now they have a source for their discontent. Namely; a young boy with only some magical powers to aid him in a fight.”

”They may come for you again – when you are alone or in some quiet place away from help or hope. I caution you than – never wander from the eyes of an ally. And do not think if we can hear you that you will be safe; for if they move swiftly and silently – they may take you unawares and we may not hear your cries.”

I pause to let that sink in.

”Also – I would also not give much hope to the standing orders of “No Killing” from this lot. After all – if your body were to disappear after your death than they could simply claim you jumped ship. And even if the entire lot where executed for their crime - would it matter much to you? I think not - for you would be dead.”

I continue to work through an especially tight kink of scarring.

”My advice to you is that ff you would summon a creature again – try to find one in your repertoire that does only the most mundane damage – like the lash; painful but not lasting. Or something akin to that. Of course, that is only a suggestion.”


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Sko wrote:

"Fishgut's a decent enough sort if, perhaps, a bit too fond of the drink; he's the one who told me who Plugg's cronies are. I apologize that I wasn't able to get that information to you quicker. If he doesn't have a barrel I'm sure he'll know where one is. I'll ask him on the morrow."

He looks at Rain, "I'm sorry you had to go first and so did not have as much time to steel yourself. I think Plugg wanted you to suffer more and to intimidate us more because that's the kind of vermin he is. He is a fool though. Prey should not taunt the predator."

Sko's words cool her ire a little and she nods her head at the information regarding the snitches and the barrels. "Any of you given duty below deck will be in a better position to find empty barrels and alike since Plugg seems to prefer me aloft and keeps a vigilant eye on me, besides." The manner in which she says Plugg's name is telling to any hearing its pronouncement.

"My memory is long, Sko. Time will see Plugg fall into a pit of his own making. Thank you for your kindness."

Turning to Flynn, "I am unsure how much salt water Valeros requires to revive himself daily, but is there enough bilge-water which could suffice until we find a better method of hydrating his skin? I know it is not the best as there are other foul substances mixed in. But it's a desperate option all the same if we cannot get our hands on empty barrels or find a way to lower him into the sea."


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Man I should fall unconscious more often, getting that deep tissue massage lol. Just waiting on confirmation from Immortal that I'm up and about in the evening, then I'll post in on this. And Rain, you nailed it in one on my plans for dealing with the water issue. Not the most pleasant way to handle it but it's certainly better than death.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Sko wrote:

"Fishgut's a decent enough sort if, perhaps, a bit too fond of the drink; he's the one who told me who Plugg's cronies are. I apologize that I wasn't able to get that information to you quicker. If he doesn't have a barrel I'm sure he'll know where one is. I'll ask him on the morrow."

He looks at Rain, "I'm sorry you had to go first and so did not have as much time to steel yourself. I think Plugg wanted you to suffer more and to intimidate us more because that's the kind of vermin he is. He is a fool though. Prey should not taunt the predator."

Sko's words cool her ire a little and she nods her head at the information regarding the snitches and the barrels. "Any of you given duty below deck will be in a better position to find empty barrels and alike since Plugg seems to prefer me aloft and keeps a vigilant eye on me, besides." The manner in which she says Plugg's name is telling to any hearing its pronouncement.

"My memory is long, Sko. Time will see Plugg fall into a pit of his own making. Thank you for your kindness."

Turning to Flynn, "I am unsure how much salt water Valeros requires to revive himself daily, but is there enough bilge-water which could suffice until we find a better method of hydrating his skin? I know it is not the best as there are other foul substances mixed in. But it's a desperate option all the same if we cannot get our hands on empty barrels or find a way to lower him into the sea."

"Well - that is hard to say. The bilges may suffice, or be more than enough - although they should not be so heavy with water in any case, but pumped out. Even so - if they allow such water to collect so heavily that he can be immersed in it - so much the better. The question is - will such filthy water suffice? I do not know - in this only he is an expert - and he is still out cold."

"When he awakens do not trouble him overmuch with questions - that is one that can wait until he feels better. Once he is rested - feel free to ask him."

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Sorry long day at work quick post now will try to RP later if people want to talk.

After the first lash strikes Rain, Variel is already wincing. Unless Dhaavan can control his magic and the times he uses it we are all going to be in for a long journey. When the first rope hit him, Variel thought that wasn't too bad. When the first lash struck him he knew he was in for a night of agony. It was almost a mercy that he passed out on the last stroke so he would sleep off the pain inflicted on him.

Suddenly Variel Wakes to find that he is down in the hold with the others. A woman he has not met yet is telling him to rest and not mention this. Keeping her secret, he nods yes and stretches to test the damage he has received. To his surprise, he is completely healed and only a minor ache indicates that he went through that ordeal at all. Still not wanting to incur the wrath of Plugg or Scourge, and seeing that Valeros is being tended to, Variel will retire for the night and be ready in the morning.


Valeros you are up at 0 HP after 30 minutes of Horatio working and then 1 hp at the end. i.e. you can be up for this conversation.

Valeros you awaken to Horatio working on you and a horrific smell that has just completely cleared your sinuses. You see Horatio put a small vial back in his bag that must be smelling salts that he woke you with. He instructs you to lie still while he finishes working on your back.

You can heal yourself more after he's done, I'm going to assume that the immediate awakening has disoriented you to prevent spellcasting for a little while but you are up and can talk.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

When rain rips into Dhaaven, he says to her, "Wow! One hundred and sixteen!?!? You don't look a day over 90?" he sort of asks as if it might be a complement, but is clearly grasping at straws and not trying that hard. "Listen, I went and got 'em for ya, and if that's a problem I can put 'em back where I found em. I ain't perfect, i'll be the first to admit, but I make up for my mistakes, alright. Now why don't you lay off me, I got a hard lashing too, and am courting some serious danger with more than wrath in my eyes."

"I can't say i know what the deal was with that bird, but honestly i appreciate the sentiment, and everything's worked out alright, so let's leave it at that yeah?"
Bluff check for a secret message.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Now shut up about the damn bird. They don't know who done it, and won't know if you keep yer mouths shut they son't find out."

Muttering more to himself than anyone else, he says "Sheesh, i can almost see the sparks coming off her eyes. and feel like i need my rain-cloak around her often as not." As he shuffles off to bed.

"Glad her alright Valeros. G'night."


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros wakes to a world of pain and stiffness and a stranger's hands working over his back. Cracking an eye, he watched Horatio work and waited patiently until he signaled he was finished. Rising slowly and stiffly, he put his hands on his chest and a cool blue light suffuses his skin, the remaining lashings on his back closing up and leaving a web of scars.

Last 1st level spell on myself, CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9. Should put me at 10/13 (4 nonlethal).

Without a word Valeros moves over to the hatch in the deck and lifts it open, climbing slowly down into the bilges. Settling himself down on the bottom of the boat, Valeros let the brackish water encase him as best he could, turning his body slowly every so often to allow his skin to absorb the much needed moisture. He avoided letting the water anywhere near his gills, the thought disgusting him.

After a few minutes he climbs back up to the lower deck and closes the portal behind him. Standing off to himself, he wove his hands in a complex manner and spoke a word and a small gush of clean water materialized above his head to rain down on him. He cast this multiple times, letting the water fill his cupped hands as he cleaned the muck from the bilges off his skin until he was as clean as he could get on a ship at sea.

Casting Create Water (0 level) as many times as needed to wash the bilge filth off me.

Once passably clean, Valeros moves back to the others and nods his thanks to Horatio. My thanks. I think I'd be dead if not for your ministrations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Valeros Jaloksin wrote:

Valeros wakes to a world of pain and stiffness and a stranger's hands working over his back. Cracking an eye, he watched Horatio work and waited patiently until he signaled he was finished. Rising slowly and stiffly, he put his hands on his chest and a cool blue light suffuses his skin, the remaining lashings on his back closing up and leaving a web of scars.

Last 1st level spell on myself, CLW: 1d8+1. Should put me at 10/13 (4 nonlethal).

Without a word Valeros moves over to the hatch in the deck and lifts it open, climbing slowly down into the bilges. Settling himself down on the bottom of the boat, Valeros let the brackish water encase him as best he could, turning his body slowly every so often to allow his skin to absorb the much needed moisture. He avoided letting the water anywhere near his gills, the thought disgusting him.

After a few minutes he climbs back up to the lower deck and closes the portal behind him. Standing off to himself, he wove his hands in a complex manner and spoke a word and a small gush of clean water materialized above his head to rain down on him. He cast this multiple times, letting the water fill his cupped hands as he cleaned the muck from the bilges off his skin until he was as clean as he could get on a ship at sea.

Casting Create Water (0 level) as many times as needed to wash the bilge filth off me.

Once passably clean, Valeros moves back to the others and nods his thanks to Horatio. My thanks. I think I'd be dead if not for your ministrations.

”Aye,” I respond to Valeros somewhat flatly.

”By the way – if it matters much; you may wish to keep an eye on your leg,” I add with a weary voice.

”If you keep the wood for the prop to your leg fixed to the stump when you immerse yourself in the water, it will likely to get rotten and could irate the stump where you lost your limb. If you continue to submerge yourself in the bilges – I recommend removing the prop first, so the porous wood does not become infused with disease or other filth and cause an infection - just something to consider.”

Seeing that Variel and Dhaavan have gone to sleep, I turn to Sko, Jiro and Rain and watch them for a short while.

”I do not have the energy for much tonight, though I can talk for a while with any of you for a bit, if you like?”

I observed that Rain had been on lookout duty – and suddenly a thought occurs to me.

”Madam – you are skilled with the wild, and seem fairly educated to me. Have you ever considered creating a log or chart to mark the stars? I know such things can be purchased – at a rather high price - but you be able to write, yes? Could you create something such as that – a book that holds such charts to mark the stars and their constellations?” I add.

Rain – if you are able to “Craft” one of these things – that could be pretty sweet for your character, and it would make a lot of sense. But I believe it would be up to the GM in this case, and you too – if you are interested in it. Just a suggestion.

”Of course – such things would require paper and something to write with; perhaps a journal? I myself have a journal to take notes with – I wonder if anyone else aboard has such things. It is likely the quartermaster, this half-orc “Grok” may; though I do not know for certain.”

I scratch my beard which is feeling a bit scraggly.

”If you had a way to convince her, she may be open to sharing such things with you, or perhaps other things as well. It is also possible you may be able to purchase gear from her outright – if you had something of value to trade with her.”

I turn a blank look on Valeros, saying little for a moment.

”When I first saw you I worried that you might be dead or dying; I tried to do what I could to help you, even when we were bound. Since that time I have noticed you avoided conversation and any attempt at camaraderie with us; seeming to speak more with the crew of this ship rather then us. Than – during the scuffle this morning - I noticed that you were able to give orders to our assailants which they quickly obeyed."

I stretch back a bit and get comfortable.

”I shall be blunt with you, sir – at the time I presumed you were ordering these men to leave us – and even now I am not entirely certain where your loyalty lies, and with whom; though perhaps my suspicions are unfounded – perhaps. If so, I am willing to be shown my error as it is not my nature to doubt fellow crew members or treat them as enemies.”

I watch Valeros a moment - curious to know what he will say next.

”Meanwhile," I say plowing on - wondering what his answer will be, but hoping to smooth over any uncomfortable problems "I have seen you cast spells that - to me - seem as if they are gifted from a divine presence. Specifically the healing spells, and now I wonder if your "orders" were not also spells, for they could be, though I do not know. If these spells were divinely influenced, then you can forgive me error, perhaps - for I have not seen on you any divine symbol; no holy color or heraldic sigil or runic device. In point of fact, I do not know if you pray to gods, or are faithful to any of them – or where you even get your powers. However, as I study lore, I am curious to know and learn – if you would not mind sharing,” I add.

”Of course – if you have anything you would like to learn from me – feel free to ask. I will not lie on what you would ask of me. If I cannot speak on it – I shall merely remain silent. You have only to ask – or, if you prefer – to share about who you are. As I said - I am eager to learn."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro listens to Flynn prattle on and says nothing, not having been addressed in all this.

No one is questioning my loyalties for or against anyone on this accursed boat. All fine with me. I want no quarrels with anyone, except one.

He watches Valeros when the gillman is queried by Flynn, trying to gauge his reactions, not overly anxious himself about the answers, merely passing time with idle curiosity.

I wonder if they knew I wasn't human, if they would question my loyalties as strongly. Best keep that secret to myself for now and not show my true form to anyone here. At least I don't need to immerse myself in water or any other strange ritual that makes me seem different. Still, it's annoying to be in this form all the time. I'd rather change and be myself.

Whatever thin blankets available he pulls over himself and curls up tighter in the hammock and simply lets the ship rock him into comfort for the time being.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro listens to Flynn prattle on and says nothing, not having been addressed in all this.

No one is questioning my loyalties for or against anyone on this accursed boat. All fine with me. I want no quarrels with anyone, except one.

He watches Valeros when the gillman is queried by Flynn, trying to gauge his reactions, not overly anxious himself about the answers, merely passing time with idle curiosity.

I wonder if they knew I wasn't human, if they would question my loyalties as strongly. Best keep that secret to myself for now and not show my true form to anyone here. At least I don't need to immerse myself in water or any other strange ritual that makes me seem different. Still, it's annoying to be in this form all the time. I'd rather change and be myself.

Whatever thin blankets available he pulls over himself and curls up tighter in the hammock and simply lets the ship rock him into comfort for the time being.

Not that it matters much - but I did ask if you, Sko and Rain wanted to chat, too :)

Seeing that Jiro has rolled up in some blankets and is apparently turning in early, I sit back and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water; wondering if anyone else is feeling talkative.

Well - I'm up for any RP with pretty much anyone. However - I'm pretty much going to let the GM NPC my character's bed time. In other words, if anyone wants to do social RP with me - I'll respond. If the GM says "The next morning you wake up" - that's cool with me, too. I am only "staying awake" long enough for social RP, as my evening action was healing Valeros; though I'm always open for RP.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Sorry that Seijiro isn't feeling chatty with so many ears about - we ARE in one big room with all the other sailors - including ones he wouldn't want overhearing what he might have to say. Not that he can't be talkative when the circumstances dictate, but this just doesn't seem the time or place for it much. I'm good with 'gee it's morning' too. Or whatever.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
Sorry that Seijiro isn't feeling chatty with so many ears about - we ARE in one big room with all the other sailors - including ones he wouldn't want overhearing what he might have to say. Not that he can't be talkative when the circumstances dictate, but this just doesn't seem the time or place for it much. I'm good with 'gee it's morning' too. Or whatever.

No worries - it's all good!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Rain:, your stuff is currently in Dhaavan's footlocker and since Dhaavan doesn't want to be walking around with it. He's not going to give it to you right now, cause our enemies are about and ate likely to come in and see at this point. As such once he finished assisting Horatio with Valeros Dhaaven goes to bed wanting to get enough sleep, and not wanting to be implicated any further in the various violations of the ship's rules.

Dhaavan's Thoughts:

Wow, I'm in trouble here. None f the crew knew I was the one what summoned that bird, least they didn't know bout it this morning, but after tonight, Flynn yackin' on about how irresponsible I am, and then that Rain may as well have been yellin to the whole damn ship that I did it. And then they go warning me that Maheem and Jape don't look to be the forgiving type sayin to stay close to allies? What allies. wouldn't need to watch my back if they watched their tongues.

Shivering under the inadequate blanket, Dhaavan considers going to his locker for his cloak, but remembering Rain's gear is in it, he curses silently to himself. Hopefully she won't go gettin me in trouble when she takes her things, and I'll be glad to be at my ease again.

It looks like others are stocking up on their equipment too, "Grok mentioned getting herself keelhauled if she were caught, but there may be a way to get stuff from her that won't put her at risk.
Infernal
"In the morning remind me I aught to go see Grok at some point to try to square these folk's accounts so as not to put her at risk on their accounts, yeah?" he says in a whisper.

Jack shakes his little birdy head, recognizing Dhaavan's concern for what it really is. Sure their empathetic link lets forces the Thrush to feel Dhaavan's worry, but he also feels how selfish it is. Dhaavan just doesn't want his contact that he has an in with to get pinched.
Infernal "Hey, I can feel that little guy, and at the end of the day, what's it matter anyway. I'm still tryin to look out for her. Just like i didn't tell nobody that I asked Sandara if she'd be able to magic us healthy. Good thing too, for Valeros. So don't you gimme no lip too. Gotten enough tonight already."

The bird just sits there, before crawling back to his hiding place and turning back into ink.
Infernal "When you give me the silent treatment like that, talking to you is as useless as talking to any old dumb animal."

Silly li'l bird. Least I got him to talk to, as nobody speaks out tongue. But it may be safer to try to keep the things I don't what the whole Ship knowing to myself...


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Dhaavan:
Umm, Rain spoke to Dhaavan in a very low restrained growl (as stated in posting) so I'm sure she wasn't yelling anything or loud enough for the entire crew to hear. She continued speaking in the same low voice with the others.


The rest of the night passes in painful silence as you let the exhaustion of the day and the whippings you received overtake you. An hour before roll call you awaken in your hammocks feeling a bit better but still sore. Dirty looks are thrown back and forth between your group and the group you fought with as the separation becomes more pronounced and defined.

Up on deck you get your morning bowl of gruel and your daily assignments. Surprising you all, Plugg says before the group heads towards their sections. Seijiro! I need me a new rigger and yer it! Now get your hind parts up there on the double!

Please make sure to give me your daily ship action before your job roll.

Job Assignments:

Rain1d6 ⇒ 6 Mainsail Duty Heavy work hauling and working the mainsail (this work is on deck and not up in the rigging itself). Profession Sailor or Strength Check and Constitution check at the end of the day or will be fatigued.
Seijiro1d6 ⇒ 2 Line Work Hard work hauling the line on the rest of the various sails (this work is on deck and not up in the rigging itself). Profession Sailor or Dexterity check and Constitution check at the end of the day or will be fatigued.
Variel1d6 ⇒ 6 Ship Repairs Profession Sailor or Dexterity check
Horatio1d6 ⇒ 1 Scourge smiles at you and Dhaavan and says You two get to man the bilges today...have fun. Strength check and Constitution check at the end of the day to not be fatigued.
Dhaavan1d6 ⇒ 1 Scourge smiles at you and Horatio and says You two get to man the bilges today...have fun. Strength check and Constitution check at the end of the day to not be fatigued.
Valeros1d6 ⇒ 5 Runner Acrobatics check for the task and Constitution check to not be fatigued at the end of the day.
Sko1d6 ⇒ 3 Fishing: After your excellent job yesterday with the Leatherbacks, Fishguts sends you up on deck again to catch fish for a new dish he wants to try out. Profession Fisherman or Survival Check


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro actually smiles as Plugg reassigns him, almost unable to keep the smile from turning to a grin of joy. He does get a little frown on his face as it will be that much harder now to bring his new plan to fruition, but that quickly passes back to a smile and he nods. "Aye aye, Sir."

Seeing as how I ran from the fight and didn't stay down below with the others, he may be trying to separate me further from them and even get me among his boot-lickers. Well, that's not going to happen, but perhaps it might be politic to let him think it might. If I get a chance to talk to the others, I'll see what they think of this new development. It's not like Plugg lost a rigger last night. There's gotta be some reason he's reassigned me.

Disappointed that he'll still be down on deck working, he still works hard at his task, only taking a brief break to slip down below for a few minutes during midday. He's not so stirred to be loyal to Plugg just for his reassignment that he's willing to give up his plan.

[ooc]profession sailor] 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Evening time response to Horatio.

Valeros returns the man's stare with one of his own. Again I thank you for your ministrations. That being said, my loyalties are to three people. Me. Myself. And I. I don't know any of the rest of you from nothing and frankly care not for what you may or may not think of me. I chose not to engage any of you in the beginning because I value my neck and didn't fancy it swinging from the mainmast a day out of port. He lowers his voice, making sure only Horatio can hear him.

Horatio, Aquan:
That being said, I don't necessarily disagree with your thoughts of "change" here on the ship. But you and the others were almost screaming the word mutiny for anyone to hear and I was only too happy to distance myself from that association. There is a time and place for conversations of that nature and it sure as the Nine Hells wasn't when waking up shackled on a strange boat.

Valeros settled himself into a hammock, his tone relaxing somewhat. Trust is not something given quickly or easily and to be honest, I don't trust you much yet either. Still, we both clearly have no love for some of the other crew on this tub and that's a point to start with. We'll see if something can be built from there. He adjusted his position and readied himself for sleep, his jaws cracking loudly at his yawn. As to my gifts, my power comes from the ever flowing and ever changing sea. Her strength is my strength and her power, mine.

---------------

During the day.

Valeros climbed up on to deck, his muscles stiff from the beating the night before. He watched the crew warily, on his guard in case another fight was in the brewing but apparently once was enough for them as there didn't seem to be any trouble coming his way. Receiving his assignment, Valeros hopped to it, his peg clumping along as he ran messages around the ship for the day.

Around mid-afternoon he paused briefly to gather some water at one of the barrels, cooling his parched throat and gaining some much needed breath. He saw one of the other swabs, he heard the man's name was Crimson of all things, and moved over to him with a slight nod. Noticed you keep to yourself often as not. With the way things seem to go on this ship, not a bad idea that. Still we're all crew now and that will mean something in the coming days. Name's Valeros. Folks that know me call me Gill.

Day Time Ship action, Influence attempt on Crimson Cog.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Job checks.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Aye, aye. Glad to have the same task as yesterday and there isn't any further repercussions from the brawl yesterday, Variel continues his agenda of exploring the ship. This time the quarters where everyone sleeps is his objective. Although he is sure there isn't much to learn of this area, it still needs to be explored and determined if there is anything special located there.

Sneak action while in the sleeping quarters 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The time spent there does allow Variel to speak with Dhaavan and Horatio. It also allows him to keep an eye on Dhaavan if needed. Unfortunately he is too preoccupied with this and his duties to discover much of interest. The work goes smoothly however and repairs made to the sleeping quarters are done to Plugg's satisfaction...hopefully.

Repairs check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

I'm going to be gone most of this morning, won't be home for about 4 hours, don't want to miss too much of the morning rp, so I will try to get in as much as I can before then.

Over breakfast, Seijiro will approach the group and sit with them. He'll try to sit close to Flynn and speak very low to him while he eats. "Sorry to not talk to you last night, I was a little tired, but even more afraid we would be overheard by," he nods his head toward Scourge and Plugg's toadies, "them. Anyway, I know you wanted to talk, but it was nothin' personal, just wanted you to know that.

"Yesterday was a bad day, that it was. I have never been whipped like that before in all my years at sea. Been rope bashed before, but never in anger or with malice like that. Always been more playful like than serious. Never felt the touch of a real whip or a cat before. Never want to again." He shrugs and goes on, having blissfully passed out early in his beating, he is really unaware how much more serious his own beating was than anyone else's besides Valeros'.

"That priestess was kind to heal us all. Maybe someone should try to befriend her a little and see what she feels about the bosun and Mate." He seems more contemplative than planning anything specific, then he brightens. "You seem a talkative type, perhaps that's something you can do during the day or this evening? I also was talking to that fancy dressed gnome the other day. He seems a bit self-absorbed, but a decent sort. His friendship might prove handy, but it'll be harder for me to talk to him now that I've been reassigned. Maybe someone else can take over chatting with him and trying to convince him that we as a group are a better lot to throw in with than those others. His name is Conchobar" Again, he nods his head toward S&P's toadies.


Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro actually smiles as Plugg reassigns him, almost unable to keep the smile from turning to a grin of joy. He does get a little frown on his face as it will be that much harder now to bring his new plan to fruition, but that quickly passes back to a smile and he nods. "Aye aye, Sir."

Seeing as how I ran from the fight and didn't stay down below with the others, he may be trying to separate me further from them and even get me among his boot-lickers. Well, that's not going to happen, but perhaps it might be politic to let him think it might. If I get a chance to talk to the others, I'll see what they think of this new development. It's not like Plugg lost a rigger last night. There's gotta be some reason he's reassigned me.

Disappointed that he'll still be down on deck working, he still works hard at his task, only taking a brief break to slip down below for a few minutes during midday. He's not so stirred to be loyal to Plugg just for his reassignment that he's willing to give up his plan.

profession sailor] 1d20+4

[ooc]I need your ship action Seijiro.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

also, forgot to roll for fatigue, so here's my con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 whew that was close

DM:
During the day, at some point when he can see that most if not all the others are on deck or up in the rigging, Seijiro slips downstairs to the lockers. Now that he has his tools, he picks a semi-random locker, making sure it doesn't belong to one of the new crewmen like himself and not Maheem's. He attempts to open the locker and examine it's contents, taking what's there. If there's any gold, he slips it into his pouch, if there are any other items, he puts those into Maheem's locker and relocks both lockers.

stealth check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

This is no more than a rat deserves, Maheem. We'll see how long it takes for you to get caught.


Seijiro wrote:

also, forgot to roll for fatigue, so here's my con check: 1d20+1 whew that was close

** spoiler omitted **

Ok you aren't observed but I also need a Disable Device check to get through the lock.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

disable check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


You sneak downstairs during a trip to the head and open one of the lockers. In addition to assorted clothing and such you find 21 gold pieces, a bulls eye lantern of shoddy make and a bag with a gel like consistency (Tanglefoot Bag).

Please let me know if you want to keep anything besides the gold.

DM EYES ONLY:

1d20 ⇒ 18
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d100 ⇒ 7
1d100 ⇒ 54
1d100 ⇒ 29
1d10 ⇒ 3


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

DM:
Only keeping the gold - putting all the rest (lantern and bag) in Maheem's locker. Wish it was more valuable stuff, but the bag is pretty good. It's a start.

Sorry if this makes things difficult for you, but Maheem is a rat and deserves it (in Seijiro's opinion anyway).


Seijiro:
Oh it's no problem at all. Stuff like this was bound to happen and I'm prepped for it :-)


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Munching away quickly, Dhaavan hears Sejiro's suggestion, and casually says, "Yea, Sandara is a real gem. Rare sort to find anywhere, even more so out at sea. That Conchbar, the gnome right? He looks kinda foppish. I'd bet some Ink would give to 'is credit. Something fancy and artistic but show's he's one mean li'l cus what yea don't want to tangle with." He muses on something that the gnome would like, letting his mind wander over general aesthetics to apply to whatever order he got, if the little man decided to Tatt up.

Dhaavan gives Plugg a somewhat confused sort of look, suggesting the skinny boy is going to be able to have fun working the bilges? He seems less angry and bothered by Plugg's assignment, but more like he suspects that Plugg must not really get it, I guess. With a shrug he turns and skulks off below decks to get to work.

Action: Work Diligently
1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) - 2 + 4 = 13
Con Check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Pushing himself to his limits heaving and hauling throughout the day, Dhaavan is in somewhat foul humor and by the end of the day is tired and sore all over. But at least he got his work done, and it was less harsh than acting as a Runner, though that's not much consolation.

Jack again goes a'flitting about to watch for any interruptions when Dhaavan, Variel, and Flynn are alone in the bilges.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
"Wonder what they need a new rigger for eh? Pitty Jiro's going to be stuck up decks all day. I figure he's just the sort that'd be able to get Rain's gear to her without nobody noticing. Maybe I'll ask him for a hand with that tonight, unless you see either o' em while yer fixin up stuff above decks, Variel?" Dhaavan manages to say between grunting and grumbling, working with things too heavy for him to really work with.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Hearing the conversation through the hatch, Variel bends down and responds after a quick glance to make sure no one is present to over hear them. Aye, I could probably get something small to her. It might be easier for her to just grab it later though just before bed. Perhaps a dagger or such would work. It would give her a weapon to defend herself if something should happen. I have one here that I will try to get to her at first chance. It may not be till grub tonight, but I will get something to her. By the way there is a suit of leather armor over there under that crate. Can you hand that to me so I can stow it up here quick. if no one is around than prestidigitation on the armor to clean it up and stow it in the trunk. Variel will grab his second dagger as well in the off chance that he can pass it off to Rain top side.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"She didn't have no dagger, but a spear with a few prongs and a whip like Plug's got, and stuff. Got to wait till everyone's busy with dinner or their rum, then it'd be safe to move her stuff to her box, I think." Dhaavan thinks for a moment, and cracks a smile. "But wouldn't it be a great surprise if she looks in there and sees it all? Yeah, Variel, when you go up, ask Jiro if he'd be willing to sneak off so she gets a surprise! You could get dancing on the tables over dinner as a fine fancy distraction so he'll have no trouble with it at all!" Dhaavan stifles a laugh as he hands Variel the Leather armor, and gets back to work. "Well, however it works out if someone gets my key, they can take care of it. I'd rather not go moving gear around like that if I can help it. Not much of a sneak. I like talking more."

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

I think I can get a distraction going. Let me speak with Rosie when I get top side and see if she'll provide the music. Rain will be my first partner. That way I can tell her what is going on. After her i will dance will some other lasses and try to make as big of a scene as I can. You'll have to let Seijiro in on the plan during dinner though. By the way if you are going to talk to Grok any time soon, get me a sap if you can. I'll pay you back. Get a couple actually. If those goons try to waylay us again we'll be ready.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Valeros Jaloksin wrote:

Evening time response to Horatio.

Valeros returns the man's stare with one of his own. Again I thank you for your ministrations. That being said, my loyalties are to three people. Me. Myself. And I. I don't know any of the rest of you from nothing and frankly care not for what you may or may not think of me. I chose not to engage any of you in the beginning because I value my neck and didn't fancy it swinging from the mainmast a day out of port. He lowers his voice, making sure only Horatio can hear him.

** spoiler omitted **

Valeros settled himself into a hammock, his tone relaxing somewhat. Trust is not something given quickly or easily and to be honest, I don't trust you much yet either. Still, we both clearly have no love for some of the other crew on this tub and that's a point to start with. We'll see if something can be built from there. He adjusted his position and readied himself for sleep, his jaws cracking loudly at his yawn. As to my gifts, my power comes from the ever flowing and ever changing sea. Her strength is my strength and her power, mine.

---------------

During the day.

Valeros climbed up on to deck, his muscles stiff from the beating the night before. He watched the crew warily, on his guard in case another fight was in the brewing but apparently once was enough for them as there didn't seem to be any trouble coming his way. Receiving his assignment, Valeros hopped to it, his peg clumping along as he ran messages around the ship for the day.

Around mid-afternoon he paused briefly to gather some water at one of the...

Quietly - and also in aquatic

Ret-con with Valeros – and anyone else who is still awake:

I stretch out my legs and stifle a yawn – the day wearing on me, but I try not to be rude yawning in front of people.

”I do not know much about your background – but for myself I have been a sailor before. One thing I noticed on all ships I sailed on is that the primary duty of any captain I served with was to first protect the ship – and then the crew. The captain protects the ship first because if he compromised the ship for one man, or even half of the crew – well; if the ships fails then everyone dies. It would better for half of the men to live then none.”

”But as for the sailors themselves? For the sailors; the crew - the rule was slightly different, but the end objective the same. Namely - protect your mates; they keep the ship afloat. Without them the ship dies, and you die with it.”

”Now - this business about, as you say - “Me, Myself and I” – I have never seen such an attitude, nor even heard of a ship whose mates can function like that without failing."

"Do you think I have any love for Plugg or his mendicants? Nay – but I know that if a squall came out of the depths and hit our vessel than we may all be lost if the sails were not reefed properly; and to do this correctly takes more than one man on the riggings, eh?”

”And if we were attacked by other corsairs – what then? The position we are in now suggests to me that it would be wiser to protect our crew mates, never mind our personal prejudices – for while we are at sea, each man is necessary on a ship. We must be – else why have so many of us pressed aboard?”

”I would not kill Plugg, nor the others... What would that accomplish if later beasts of the sea attacked the ship? Surely Plugg and his men will have to fight those beasts as well. If they do nothing and the beasts prevail over the ship and the ship fails then we are in grave peril. Aye - if those scum die prematurely to satisfy vendetta; and we are attacked by a serpent or some dire creature of the deep – then we shall have one less man to fight for the survival of the ship. And as I said – if the ship fails; then we all die.”

”I have no love for them – I said as much. Yet it is my opinion that, at least while on ship we must look toward the common good; the survival of us all. Indeed, we must look past such thoughts of our own personal issues and instead think to preservation. First the ship – and with it the crew.”

I stretch again, then continue.

”If you have no desire to aid people aboard because you do not trust them – that is your choice. Then they have no reason to aid or trust you. When you need help – than they may offer it, or not. And you may live, or die, because of it.”

”For myself – I neither like nor trust Plugg. And as for you? Well, I am fairly undecided on whether I like or dislike you – and I know clearly that I do not wholly trust you. But you are a member of the crew and for me that is enough. I may watch you overmuch, I may be suspicious of your words and motives – but I shall always do my utmost to aid the members of my crew, and this includes you.”

I lean my head back, my eyes closing a little.

”Of course – if something should occur that would expel an individual from the crew; say, if a person acted in a way that demonstrated that they would consistently or deliberately cause harm or damage to either the ship or the people who sailed her – well then… that is another story,” I add with a somewhat dry smile on my lips.

Quick follow-up question on the discussion thread about us being overheard.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"She might trade those Maces for Saps, although I keep gettin' assignments where it's tough to get away during the day, and hard work which I ain't no good at anyway, so shopping really idn't necessarily something I got much time for. And if yea got saps and yer own blades and such, ain't much need for clubs, as a blade and them skull-clubs'll kill a body, the blade's a better weapon. If yer gonna do it, do it right, eh?"

the -2 to jobs when going shopping is a little risky for Dhaaven as he's practically rolling bonus-less all the time anyway and can't take much punishment. HE's also WAY better suited for influencing NPC's which i'd have done, but with a 60% failure rate on a Str check, I figured better not to risk it and Shop is only available during the day


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

"She might trade those Maces for Saps, although I keep gettin' assignments where it's tough to get away during the day, and hard work which I ain't no good at anyway, so shopping really idn't necessarily something I got much time for. And if yea got saps and yer own blades and such, ain't much need for clubs, as a blade and them skull-clubs'll kill a body, the blade's a better weapon. If yer gonna do it, do it right, eh?"

the -2 to jobs when going shopping is a little risky for Dhaaven as he's practically rolling bonus-less all the time anyway and can't take much punishment. HE's also WAY better suited for influencing NPC's which i'd have done, but with a 60% failure rate on a Str check, I figured better not to risk it and Shop is only available during the day

Isn't a "sap" just a leather pouch with some metal pellets or something like that in it? I mean - could you simply try to "Craft" one of those pouches/items instead of your daily roll via a sap? I wouldn't think it should be that hard, but I don't know.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay, I will be working in the bilges than. My current gear on me already stated before, it does not change at this time. Please let me know if there are any complications regarding this.

Work in the bilges –

Strength Check:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Constitution Check
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Just waiting on Sko and Rain before I update.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

For my “Daily actions” I am curious to meet with the Halfling female I saw earlier as Halflings in general interest my character. I shall attempt to talk with her at some point and Influence her Attitude – if I can.

Diplomacy Check to Influence the Female Halfling:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

GM - Question regarding RP with Halfling:
While I am perfectly willing to RP it with her her in my usual way – that is; telling her of myself, and something about my history and past experiences regarding sailing, raids from Mwagani warriors and dealing with the Empire of Cheliax – just like I’ve been doing with the other people so far, (and of course wondering if she has any similar stories of her own) as you may be pressed for time, and not want to deal with all that – please let me know if you want me to RP it out; or stick with the generalization for these duties. You know I can RP it out - stories, tales/questions about lore from me and from her - but I also know that I have tendency to write lots. I'll write it out for you if you prefer, or, if a summary is all you want, than that's good enough for me. Just wanted to know your preference: long story with plenty of action and details as usual - or if you'd prefer it a fast and quick summary, well - it's already done. Just let me know.

Well - it looks good. It depends now on her "charisma modifier" I guess - which may be high - as Halflings tend to have perks to charisma, and a penchant for nice crispy bacon; or so I read somewhere... :)


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Rosie? She that little lady yea were been gettin to know? What sort a gel is she? Interesting group here, Sandara' nothin like Grok, and neither's a bit like Simms as I can tell. And hopefully there's only one Aretta. Never been much for such hostile and ill-tempered women. Men neither, but there seems to be more foul gents around, and less a body ken do bout it. But rosie, eh? she a musician then? what she play?"

Which halfling, Flynn? cause if it's Miss Cusswell, then I'm sure Variel would have a thing or two he could tell you to use while making nice with her, if you mention yer interest in halflings. perhaps to get some kind of bonus to the interaction. Even if its' jsut pointing out that you and the elf are mates (the Ausi/pirate kind, not discovery channel)


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

"Rosie? She that little lady yea were been gettin to know? What sort a gel is she? Interesting group here, Sandara' nothin like Grok, and neither's a bit like Simms as I can tell. And hopefully there's only one Aretta. Never been much for such hostile and ill-tempered women. Men neither, but there seems to be more foul gents around, and less a body ken do bout it. But rosie, eh? she a musician then? what she play?"

Which halfling, Flynn? cause if it's Miss Cusswell, then I'm sure Variel would have a thing or two he could tell you to use while making nice with her, if you mention yer interest in halflings. perhaps to get some kind of bonus to the interaction. Even if its' jsut pointing out that you and the elf are mates (the Ausi/pirate kind, not discovery channel)

I guess it would be "rosie" as she is the only female halfling I think I have seen. If we can get a tip from Variel that I can use, I will do it. Sadly my only plan was to do my usual interaction style - namely; tell her about myself - adventures fighting with the Imperial Navy of Cheliax, or troubles with the Mwagani tribesman and their attacks on our colonies - kind of the same stuff I do with everyone. Tell stories about my life and adventures and ask for her to tell stories about her life and adventures so I can learn about her history and find out about what type of person she is. However - if you have an actual strategy to employ that works - I would happily use that instead if I am allowed to. Man, what I wouldn't give for a good pipe and some bacon right now!

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Rosie's a sweet lass who swears worse than anyone I've heard before. But behind that gruff exterior she's got a heart of gold she does. Says she wishes she could of helped out in our scuffle with 'Bessie' but didn't realize it till it was too late to do anything to help. As far as a musician, she claims to be a fiddler. Was in a sorry state about it too till I got it back for her. whispered to dhaavan only...Now she said she be given me a kiss one of these times for it. Hope that will help with a scene later. normal tone... Beyond that I don't know much more. I hope to let her fiddle while I dance and see what happens after that with the crew. I am hoping some of the other lasses like to dance as well. This Aretta sounds like she could use a good toss around the ship. She may be the third dance after Rain and Grok.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay - if I can ret-con I will mention specifically the dances and balls that I had witnessed as a boy with members of the Officers from the Colonial Fleet and their ladies on important functions - elaborating on those details specifically. If I can. If I can't - well - at this stage it's up to the GM.

401 to 450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.