Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


301 to 350 of 8,093 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM:
the bird may draw the readied action attack if it attacks before Jiro, but since it's an unarmed strike, and the bird is armed, It gets AoO's against Jape. And even if Jape attacks Jiro, does the bird get its AoO?

Does that go off before or after he does Jape makes his attack and does damage?

Do you want to manage the map on your own, or should we write stuff there? I moved my pieces this time, but dunno what you want.

How do AoO rounds work? If Bird attacks the round it was summoned with an AoO at the bottom on the round, does it get another AoO at the top of the next round, or not till the bottom on the next round till after he takes another action.
Round 1
Action
AoO

Round 2
AoO
action

Round 3
action
AoO

OR IS IT

Round 1
Action
AoO

Round 2
no AoO
Action
AoO

Round 2
no AoO
Action

Round 3
AoO
action
AoO

Round 4
no AoO
Action
AoO


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
he started casting last round - spell goes off at the START of this round, before he takes any actions - including movement

It's cool - I was just checking.

Meanwhile - I am going to work now; bit of a late shift - but I should be back in about 5 hours or so. So if my action comes up before than - know that I should be home by 6:30 EST - and will have my action up by then. If, in the meantime, a quick summary of how the current pirates are doing at the top of the new round is tossed up (and our allies) - that would be cool. But I'll have my new post up in about 5 hours, regardless of how this round finishes. Thanks all for your patience!


Ok good news bad news. Good news, you dropped Jaundiced Jape and don't have to worry about the AoO's and when they happen. Bad news...you are pretty sure your Summoned Creature just killed him. This presents somewhat of a problem as 1. They were using nonlethal on you guys and 2. killing a crew member is an offense punished by keelhauling.

Well let's see how this rolls lol. Rest of group 4 you're up!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

They don't go to bleed out till negative con? uh oh.
Well with enough intimidation maybe the witnesses could be convinced that Dhaavan didn't do it?
well, we'll see, i guess?


Dhaavan wrote:

They don't go to bleed out till negative con? uh oh.

Well with enough intimidation maybe the witnesses could be convinced that Dhaavan didn't do it?

well, we'll see, i guess?

Actually I screwed up the lethal nonlethal thing again. He's not dead but only just...i.e. You better hope he doesn't die but even if he doesn't you may be in for some trouble (thankfully I don't have to keelhaul you though ;-) )


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

The end of the round gives us Rain - but it also should give us Variel - I think he got skipped somehow in the Ini for this round - and got swapped with Valeros - but I am not sure. After which, I guess - we'll see what's what, as I'm not sure what I can or will do, yet.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

[Ooc]How does Maheem look like he's reacting the the bird and magic? He liik like he'd run, or like he'd stay and fight? He scaired about the evil bird flapping above him?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Sko still has to have his turn, fyi.

Noticing that Maheem is still standing, smirking by the stairs, the bird hovering above him, and possibly calculating whether he can escape topside to warn the others, Rain looks at Fipps, takes the risk and runs toward Maheem (E5) and kicks out at him, hoping to connect and bring him/slow him down.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage (non-lethal), if hit: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

the die gods are not on my side it would seem.

I'm off to the chiro very soon as I am in quite a bit of agony. I'll be on again when I can.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
The end of the round gives us Rain - but it also should give us Variel - I think he got skipped somehow in the Ini for this round - and got swapped with Valeros - but I am not sure. After which, I guess - we'll see what's what, as I'm not sure what I can or will do, yet.

Already went and missed with my attack for round 2.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Sko still has to have his turn, fyi.

Noticing that Maheem is still standing, smirking by the stairs, the bird hovering above him, and possibly calculating whether he can escape topside to warn the others, Rain looks at Fipps, takes the risk and runs toward Maheem (E5) and kicks out at him, hoping to connect and bring him/slow him down.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20+2
Damage (non-lethal), if hit: 1d3+2

the die gods are not on my side it would seem.

I'm off to the chiro very soon as I am in quite a bit of agony. I'll be on again when I can.

Sko already he went - he dropped Arretta earlier in the round. Technically it is the top of the round - I think - and I believe it is Fipps turn; though he may be running via the spell, which should kick in on his turn - if so, he'll have to run through everyone in the group who is huddle by the stairs. After his move, when we see where he went on the map, then it is Group 2's move - I believe. Though I could be wrong.


Male commoner 1

[Ooc]It's Slippy Syl's move. She'sonly fleeing for one round, and is done that. So it's her move not group 2's turn yet. Then fipps runs. Narwal's down.

So group 2 waits for syl to go, then group 2 does damage,


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

So round 3 has started then?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Should be top of the round, on Group 1 - which would mean that Fipp is running, and Syl is doing whatever she does. Dhaavan summoned and Acid Orbed, you and I both punched, Serjiro moved and punched - and both of the elves missed (I think, though I am not sure about Rain). Which means you are correct about it being Round 3 - just waiting on the bad guys/Group 1.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Yep. Top of the round, cause valeros, dhaavan, rain, and jiro all went so now we waiting on Fipps and Syl at the top of three.

Dhaavan wants to know what maheem looks like he's gonna do. Does he look ready to possibly run based on the whole Jape lying on the stairs out cold and torn up? Or is he more growling and looking angry and ready for revenge?


Rain Taneththir wrote:

Sko still has to have his turn, fyi.

Noticing that Maheem is still standing, smirking by the stairs, the bird hovering above him, and possibly calculating whether he can escape topside to warn the others, Rain looks at Fipps, takes the risk and runs toward Maheem (E5) and kicks out at him, hoping to connect and bring him/slow him down.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20+2
Damage (non-lethal), if hit: 1d3+2

the die gods are not on my side it would seem.

I'm off to the chiro very soon as I am in quite a bit of agony. I'll be on again when I can.

Actually Rain can't get to Maheem from E5. I will try and clarify the map better in the future but that is a wall there. Seijiro is at the bottom of the stairs and Maheem is near the top. As you cannot actually reach I changed your attack to Fipps.


I will have Round 3's update sometime in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow.


Round 3:

Fipps gets a glazed over look in his eyes identical to the one Syl got, he then turns and flees to the other side of the hold.

Syl, who ran last round due to the Gillman's strange command, moves back over to Seijiro and throws a wild punch at his head. Seeing Jape bleeding on the floor and the devilish eagle up the stairs she screams out They killed Jape! The bastards killed him dead!

Unarmed Attack on Seijiro

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Unarmed Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Group 2 you are up!


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Wow, don't get online for a weekend with this group, all kinds of things go crazy lol. Immortal, just making sure we're on the same page. I cast Command in Round 1, then you NPC'ed me casting Command in Round 2. We're at the start of Round 3 so I've cast 2 1st level spells so far this combat, correct? Also, spot on NPC'ing me, pretty much exactly what I would have done.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

As Fipps has ran off - and I am pretty badly off - I shall hold action at this time... I can't afford another hard punch right now.


Valeros Jaloksin wrote:
Wow, don't get online for a weekend with this group, all kinds of things go crazy lol. Immortal, just making sure we're on the same page. I cast Command in Round 1, then you NPC'ed me casting Command in Round 2. We're at the start of Round 3 so I've cast 2 1st level spells so far this combat, correct? Also, spot on NPC'ing me, pretty much exactly what I would have done.

You have it perfectly. Also usually Friday and saturday are very slow for me but I usually will have an update sunday night sometime but no worries I know your schedule. BTW, is there any kind of obvious magical effect to your Command spell? Like would a lay person realize you were casting a spell? Also, glad I NPC's him ok. I hope you don't mind.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Yeah with the weekends I have no problem at all if you NPC me, you know my sporadic-ness with weekend posting and I don't want to hold the game up ever.

As far as Command, it's a Verbal component only (which I was using the descriptive booming to account for), there's no somatic or anything so no hand waving etc. It's a standard cleric 1st level spell so there's the chance someone has seen it in the past but that's up to them.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Pressing the advantage, Variel will move up to bull rush Maheem who is guarding the stairs. Hopefully by clearing him out it will free a path to let the others out. If I make a path just head up. No sense wasting time fighting.

Charge Maheem and perform bull rush. Still have 40ft of movement from charge if needed for maneuver or positioning. I know he might get cover but that is a chance Variel will take if it clears him out. If sucessful will follow up with remaining movement

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

variel - i think you went the wrong way - the bottom of the stairs is where seijiro is, Jj is up a few steps and Maheem is up further... i think you need to go thru seijiro's space and Jj's as well... mot sure if Jj counts as rough terrain lying there and if you can bullrush thru rough terrain (actually there's nothing in the Core book that restricts you from bullrushing in rough terrain so you should be good there)... but regardless, you need to be at the other end of the stairs to do anything to maheem. As DM has described, there is a wall between the two of you where you are.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Knew there was a wall but wasn't sure if it continued all the way around or just provided cover. Move (no charge) to Fipps and land a blow on him since he attacked Rain. damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

status:

AC:13
HP:6/10


Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Knew there was a wall but wasn't sure if it continued all the way around or just provided cover. Move (no charge) to Fipps and land a blow on him to help Rain. damage 1d3+2 Also noticed that Rain's action was changed to attack Fipps but she is still positioned on the map further back.

** spoiler omitted **

She attacked him last round before he ran away. Also, I know you changed to charge and attack Fipps, which is perfectly fine, but remember you cannot charge through an allies space or changed directions during a charge. You have to be able to draw a straight line from your starting space to the creature without it intersecting any obstacles or creatures.

Variel's blow hammers into Fipps and he drops with a fat plop onto the ground, unconscious.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Knew there was a wall but wasn't sure if it continued all the way around or just provided cover. Move (no charge) to Fipps and land a blow on him to help Rain. damage 1d3+2 Also noticed that Rain's action was changed to attack Fipps but she is still positioned on the map further back.

** spoiler omitted **

She attacked him last round before he ran away. Also, I know you changed to charge and attack Fipps, which is perfectly fine, but remember you cannot charge through an allies space or changed directions during a charge. You have to be able to draw a straight line from your starting space to the creature without it intersecting any obstacles or creatures.

Variel's blow hammers into Fipps and he drops with a fat plop onto the ground, unconscious.

Got confused and edited right as you posted that Rain went before Fipps ran. All good now. Thanks.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

I will be gone for a while today - going to the county fair. I don't want to hold up the game, so here is my next post for this round. Just adjust it as necessary depending on the actions of others

Seijiro tumbles around/over Maheem and anyone else in the way and heads up on deck to see what is going on up there.

dc 20 to tumble through an enemy's space

acrobatics check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

condition:
hp 9/9, AC 14

See you all later.. have fun while I'm gone.


Seijiro wrote:

I will be gone for a while today - going to the county fair. I don't want to hold up the game, so here is my next post for this round. Just adjust it as necessary depending on the actions of others

Seijiro tumbles around/over Maheem and anyone else in the way and heads up on deck to see what is going on up there.

dc 20 to tumble through an enemy's space

acrobatics check 1d20+8

** spoiler omitted **

See you all later.. have fun while I'm gone.

Sounds good although Maheem goes before you so we'll see what happens.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

so unless I missed it, no info on how maheem looks like he's reacted to what's going on, I'll take a guess at it...

If maheem, may run...
Realizing how bad it would be if the crew was alerted to what happened to Jape, befor the party is ready, and has a chance to fix things, and that if he killed the half-orc it'd mean keelhauling for him, he cries out, pointing at Maheem, "Don't let him get away!". There's a hint of fear and honest desperation that may surprise those that mistrust Dhaavan.

Please don't be dead, you wretched bastard! Too many witnesses and I don't think I can charm my way out of that one, if he really is dead! Should have gone for the other guy... dammit dammit dammit!

He tosses an imploring took to Sko, hoping the shark won't just let things fall as they may, as it were, but will prevent the witness from alerting the rest of the crew.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Even with Fleet I can't reach Maheen on a single move; can't move diagonally through the corner wall at the bottom of the steps. If I double-move I can get next to him but I won't get any AoO's against him and he can still move freely. Seeing me charge up the stairs at him will just encourage him to flee more. He might move to attack Seijiro; Maheen does have the high ground vs. him (+1 to hit). I have no spells since I haven't had my 1 hour meditation yet.

Sko completely misses the look of desperation on Dhavaan's face and will move to D2 (he can move 7 thanks to Fleet) and try and backhand the loud-mouthed Syl.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Unfortunately, his fist whiffs in front of the jittery Syl's face.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Growling in frustration - and guessing what will happen if one of these basterds die - I take my held action.

Drawing from my kit a dose of rolled bandages as a Free Action - I take a double move forward to where the fallen Jape is laying - hoping to at least bind his wounds and prevent him from bleeding out and dieing over nothing but a foolish brawl.

"Get out of my way! I am a doctor not a warrior - that man needs assistance!" I add - also as a Free Action. Then I take a double move to get as close to Japes as I can.

I know I can't use the kit to do a healing check this round - but I hoped to do it next round - if possible. I pulled out the dose as a kind of a "White Flag" - also hoping that Maheem is more interested in running than hanging around to fight. If I am close enough - on my next turn I will use it. For now - my intention is to get as close as I can. If I can get close enough to use it this round, I will. If not, like I said - close enough to use it, dose pulled and out via Free Action - and letting everyone know my plan is to make sure this Japes guy won't bleed to death.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

On my phone cause internet's down, so I can't look at the map atm.
Well it's Maheem's turn now... we'll see what happens.

GM:
it looks like whatever Maheem does the bird gets an AoO, right? Attacking w/o IUS provokes, he withdraws, but the bird's above him so that's 2 squares he has to move, so the bird gets a swing. That correct?

If so, here's birdy's AoO

Talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
For 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Dhaavan wrote:

On my phone cause internet's down, so I can't look at the map atm.

Well it's Maheem's turn now... we'll see what happens.

** spoiler omitted **

The eagle hits with it's beak as Maheem continues his run away towards the Main Deck. He cries out in pain and rage and looks like he may fall...before he catches himself and goes up on deck yelling. You can hear him yelling for Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge as he gets up there.


Group 4 is up: The only one left vertical is Slippery Syl who looks ready to bolt up the stairs when she can.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

I'm back now so please let me know when it's time for group 4 to go, obviously since maheem moved, i will be changing my action


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

haha! you ninja'd my post... ok time to move

Seijiro follows Maheem on deck and tries to lose him self in the crowd of sailors before Plugg and Scourge can mobilize in response to shouts.

sorry guys, gotta think about self-preservation here, lol... Seijiro is a sneakie bastage after all, and Variel did yell for us to get up on deck if we could.

stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros moves forward quickly, shouldering Horatio aside. I won't risk a keelhauling on the basis of your skill.. Valeros puts his hand on the downed half-orc and a soft blue light suffused his form. Standing up, he then moves towards the stairs and the deck. He'll live.

Posting from phone as Internet is giving me crap too. Move action to get to Jape, then standard action to cast Stabilize.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Valeros Jaloksin wrote:

Valeros moves forward quickly, shouldering Horatio aside. I won't risk a keelhauling on the basis of your skill.. Valeros puts his hand on the downed half-orc and a soft blue light suffused his form. Standing up, he then moves towards the stairs and the deck. He'll live.

Posting from phone as Internet is giving me crap too. Move action to get to Jape, then standard action to cast Stabilize.

"He'll live." But of course he will...


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan watches as Maheem flees, and lets out a sigh.

The Eagle gives chase the rest of the way up the stairs, and vanishes from the plane the moment it is out of sight.

Valeros
Dhaavan on the other hand delays his action to let Syl leave, then asks Valeros "Was that healing magic? You have anything stronger that can purge the wounds? They gonna to say Jape's all tore up but if you can fix that, then the captain may question everything what happened down here. I'd owe you one for that."


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko won't make any attempt to stop Syl from leaving either. He knows that Maheen can point them all out anyways so Sko stays where he is and waits, sure that Mr. Plugg will be here very quickly.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros looks the half-orc over and then gives a nod to Dhaavan, his face serious. Given his and his friend's attack, I'd as soon let him bleed out but that would cause me problems. A debt owed indeed. Name's Valeros.

He leans down and puts another hand on the half-orc's shoulder, sending a stronger pulse of light into the prone man. As Jape's eyes flutter open Valeros clumps his way up the stairs. Best not to be late.

Casting CLW on Jape, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. One 1st level spell left.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Assuming that Syl leaves, then Valeros heals Jape, "I'd have rather seen him sink straight off to hell, myself as well, but that'd likely get someone sent with him, and I'd rather not it be me. Anything you need from me, call in that marker and consider it done, Valeros. I'm Dhaavan." the young sorcerer says, walking up the stairs before Jape awakens, extending a hand to Valeros to shake.

He hustles up the stairs.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

If syl leaves then Variel will do likewise. He will pause long enough to check Fipps pockets for coin though before he heads upstairs. Any coins gathered will be placed in Jape's pocket. If any sounds of people descending then he'll skip the pocket rummaging altogether.

Lets go before someone wakes up.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:
Sko won't make any attempt to stop Syl from leaving either. He knows that Maheen can point them all out anyways so Sko stays where he is and waits, sure that Mr. Plugg will be here very quickly.

I glance at both the retreating presence of Valeros and Dhaavan who move upstairs without a backward glance and watch them without emotion. My eyes turn casually to the man laying on deck, this Japes. I take him and move him somewhat out of the way from the bottom of the stairs.

I turn a look at Sko -

"Are you alright, sir?" I ask him, a bit out of breath from the exertion.

I turn to look over at Rain and Variel "And you two? Are you both alright?" I add with a somewhat worn out voice, as I watch Variel do his work with Fipps and then move to Jape.

As Sko waits at the bottom of the stairs, I roll my shoulders and walk over to the other fallen pirates. I bend over them and look at them casually - trying to see if they are seriously injured or not.

I presume that Plugg will be coming soon in any case; than my eyes widen as I notice the others moving upstairs.

"Perhaps we should not linger, after all - this Plugg fellow does not wish us to to be "late" for his morning call," I add to Sko and Rain - seeing Variel hurrying up the stairs.

This assumes that the others do not need any assistance. If they do need assistance - I will offer what help I can; such as it is. I will make any Heal Checks - if needed - but mainly this is just trying to see if the others are okay, and not "bleeding out". In either case - I will wait for my companions to ascend - and go up with them.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain had been silently vigilant and observing the characters of her fellow tavern companions.

She was perversely satisfied when Fipps was laid unconscious by Variel's final blow and had made a move forward to stabilize Jape when the healer by the name of Valeros had done the business swiftly and efficiently. She observed Flynn moving Jape and wondered about the doctor.

"I am alright, Flynn. How do you fare?", having noted that Flynn had taken quite a beating from the motley crew sanctioned by Captain Harrigan. They targeted him more so than the rest of us. She would not move until she was sure he was alright and could climb topside withe the rest of them. If Flynn required assistance, she would give it.

Hearing Flynn's words, she replies, "Let us not keep Plugg waiting then", a strange smile playing across her lips.


Syl practically flies up the stairs after the fight with a horrified look on her face.

Heading up a moment later you see the crew has been assembled on deck. Plugg and Scourge are standing near the main mast with Maheem and Syl between them. Scourge looks at them and says Now what happened between the lot o'ye? Ye say these men ambushed you as ye were trying to get to deck fer the call?

Syl nods her head vigorously while Maheem merely stares daggers at the group. Maheem is bleeding from a slash across his shoulder from where the eagle bit him. It's true and we was unarmed as well. We didn't want no harm te come to em as we know the Cap'n wouldn't like it so we held back. They repaid that by tryin te kill us. They used some witch craft on us and summoned a bird straight from hells what attacked and killed Jape and tried to kill Maheem here. Syl says in a shrill voice.

Plugg looks at Maheem and says Is that right Maheem? Did you get attacked by some kind of devil bird? Maheem only nods, looking on the group in rage.

Plugg smiles evilly at the group and says Well? Ye got somethin te say?

Out for the night but I will see what you guys put up tonight and will respond in the morning.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain had been silently vigilant and observing the characters of her fellow tavern companions.

She was perversely satisfied when Fipps was laid unconscious by Variel's final blow and had made a move forward to stabilize Jape when the healer by the name of Valeros had done the business swiftly and efficiently. She observed Flynn moving Jape and wondered about the doctor.

"I am alright, Flynn. How do you fare?", having noted that Flynn had taken quite a beating from the motley crew sanctioned by Captain Harrigan. They targeted him more so than the rest of us. She would not move until she was sure he was alright and could climb topside withe the rest of them. If Flynn required assistance, she would give it.

Hearing Flynn's words, she replies, "Let us not keep Plugg waiting then", a strange smile playing across her lips.

In Elven:

”My thanks, lady. I am well as can be expected, I suppose,” I add as I wipe the sweat from my forehead with the back of my sleeve.

”Thank you for your concern, though – I do appreciate it, and I will not soon forget it,” I add, the last a bit softer than the rest.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros laughs loudly at the question. I think Miss Syl there been too deep into her cups last night and it ain't worn off yet! We were defendin' ourselves from a beating from this lot, cowards all that tried to waylay US on our way up. Course she's gonna lie and say it was us that did the attacking. I call her liar however Cap'n! She says we murdered this Jape fellow. Well I can tell you sure enough, he's alive and kicking down in the hold right now, if a little worse the wear. We didn't kill no one, same as we didn't start no fight! Drag his lazy arse up here and you'll see her for the liar she is.

Diplomacy if you need it: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9. Ouch, well damn.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Syl practically flies up the stairs after the fight with a horrified look on her face.

Heading up a moment later you see the crew has been assembled on deck. Plugg and Scourge are standing near the main mast with Maheem and Syl between them. Scourge looks at them and says Now what happened between the lot o'ye? Ye say these men ambushed you as ye were trying to get to deck fer the call?

Syl nods her head vigorously while Maheem merely stares daggers at the group. Maheem is bleeding from a slash across his shoulder from where the eagle bit him. It's true and we was unarmed as well. We didn't want no harm te come to em as we know the Cap'n wouldn't like it so we held back. They repaid that by tryin te kill us. They used some witch craft on us and summoned a bird straight from hells what attacked and killed Jape and tried to kill Maheem here. Syl says in a shrill voice.

Plugg looks at Maheem and says Is that right Maheem? Did you get attacked by some kind of devil bird? Maheem only nods, looking on the group in rage.

Plugg smiles evilly at the group and says Well? Ye got somethin te say?

Out for the night but I will see what you guys put up tonight and will respond in the morning.

”Begging your pardon, Mister Plugg – but this man," I say nodding to Valeros "is correct. Mister Jape is not dead - though it is certain that he, as well as other members of the crew below, are injured and may need medical assistance as well. You are officer of the watch; what are your orders, sir?” I say with a bit of a pained voice, my chest still hurting - even as I take out a rag from my belt and wipe the blood and sweat from my face. Despite the pain in my chest I try to keep my voice steady, and my eyes on Plugg.

My voice – for the most part – is firm and contrite. I do not wish to give offense to this man further. However, I suspect that he would welcome such offense as an opening for his particular brand of reciprocity. Indeed, I have a feeling that entire event was choreographed by him and his lackey’s simply as a means to demonstrate his power to us.

Oh well - bad luck.

Diplomacy to make sure Plugg is not pissed off further. Hoping this is a "Simple Aid" that he let's me help those he need help - no matter which side they're on.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Here's hoping for some "Aid" checks!

My thoughts…:

Damn it all to hell, though. Scum or not, pirates or not – you are all crew members of the same ship, whether you like it or not. If the crew dies, then you all die. And first and last – you are supposed to be a doctor!

Besides – they beat you with their fists; you’ve taken beatings before. But it was the magi who drew first blood. And mark this well – from the mouth of this same magi poured the vile filth that was the tongue Infernum – you know it now, and know further he hails from Cheliax. Therefore - though he is a boy, be cautious with him.

And finally remember; your duty, though it may earn you a beating – is to make sure the crew does not perish or suffer unjustified punishment.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Go on downstairs and take a look. Nobody's dead, just roughed up a bit. Now i don't get why you say we'd started anything? Honestly, look at me, I'm no fighter, i wouldn't start a fight. Hell, it weren't till these folks started gettin an advantage, that i I even jumped in" he adds with a sheepish shrug. "And none o' us were armed neither." Dhaavan adds, corroborating the group's story.
diplomacy
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

"Listen to ol' Horatio there, he's a doctor and can fix up anyone down there for yea. get ever'one right as rain"
aid to diplomacy for horatio
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

301 to 350 of 8,093 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.