Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


3,001 to 3,050 of 8,093 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

HAPPY 3000 POSTS! In honor of the occasion everyone gets a single reroll that can occur after the first roll is known as successful or not.

You get your party settled and activate the hat which immediately folds out into a small cutter just the right size for your group. You manage to make your way into the coral and thankfully due to the high tide the going is a bit easier. As you get close you are able to see the wreck on the bottom about 30' below you. The mast pokes through the waves nearby and a family of seagulls have made their nest upon the top.

Seijiro:
You think you spot a carved mermaid prow at the front of the wreck. She is holding a large wooden sphere in her outstretched hands. It looks just like the prow on the front of the Mermaid's Pearl.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I glance down at the sandy bottom and see the spines of the ship.

Getting comfortable in the prow of the boat, I heft my pistol and level it on the hulk below the waves, watching it leisurely.

"Well - who's first?" I ask the rest of the gang, somewhat rhetorically.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Thanks for the reroll, why do I think I am going to need it here soon...

Well this was my idea so I'll go I guess. Just a quick peek around and back unless someone who is better at spotting stuff wants to go with me. Sme one up top be ready with that pike to extend it if we get in a situation will you. Alright one sec and I will dive in.

Variel will cast his last shield for the day before diving in. Hopefully the quick look takes less than three mnutes. Underwater Variel will have a dagger out but not enhanced yet.

Cast light on the dagger to see where everything is and provide others without lowlight vision a way to see.

Perception in the water 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Status
AC: 21
HP: 23/23


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I watch Variel swim below the surface, my pistol out - ready to shoot if something attacks him.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I'll go with you, Variel." And true to his word, Seijiro dives in after Variel, his lowlight vision aided by the light spell.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Thank you for the aid of the light spell, but now I'm a bit confused. We can already see the wreck and notice that the bottom of the ocean is only 30 feet away. Is there a specific need for anyone to have to use either low-light vision or cast light spells at all, as in: is that a requirement when dealing with underwater terrain? I ask that because I don't have low-light vision, nor did I bother to cast a light spell on something and simply toss it into the water, nor did I bother to make a perception check, as none was called for. But I figured I didn't need to do any of those things as we can already see the ship and bottom of the ocean no perception check was asked for. So now I'm confused on if that is a standard rule which I missed somewhere, or if the others were just doing that for flavor. Sorry for the confusion, but as we're going back into water again, I'd kind of like to know if that is a standard rule or not.

Also, I've asked this question before, but I'd just like a quick clarification, if possible:

On a two dimensional map we all occupy a 5x5 space. On a three dimensional map - what kind of "cube" do we occupy? Would that be 5x5x10, or 5x5x5? Or is 5x5x"our height"? This is a very important question because if an enemy was literally standing at the bottom of the ocean below us right now they would be either 25 feet from us, 20 feet from us, or some other variation, depending on how much "height" they occupy. But I don't know (or remember) how much "vertical space" a "medium person" occupies in the water and that will make a difference later for things like spells and range effect weapons such as bows/pistol shots and magical weapons that extend to 20 feet.

Thank you for or any help in these matters.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros will quickly follow Variel into the water and swim down alongside the elf. He can see the wreck easy enough but he knew it was all to easy to miss the threats hidden within one.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Also as a note from a previous post from someone, Valeros doesn't technically have Besmara as his patron. If Immortal is still cool with me being "close enough" to it to activate the hat/boat feature, that's fine with me.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

I mentioned about Valeros being a Besmara follower since I thought you mentioned it at one point. As far as the light spell, yes we can see the bottom and the ship, but what about inside the ship or underneath any boards. Makes it easy to just state it now and worry about it later.

Variel will watch the others come in and then take point scouring the ship for anything of value or interest.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

It's all good with me via the light spell thing - just wanted to know if it was a "standard rule" when you get into certain depths of water it gradually becomes darker automatically as you descend. As an aside, I kind of figured this place was like the blue lagoon - or any other place you might go scuba diving in the Caribbean - like where the water was crystal clear and you can swim fairly deeply with a nice view. To be fair, I suppose it could go also be dark and hard to see; but yeah I guess we'll get more info. from the GM via the water soon.

Anyway, if anything happens, I'll happily have you covered on the way up to the boat. My pistols don't work well underwater anyway :)


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

As I continue to lounge in the afternoon sun, I turn to Dhaavan.

"Oye Dhaavan, how'd you like to use the pistols for this tango?" I ask him amicably.

"They're fairly easy to use - nothing too it, really - and if you want, I can handle the bow for a bit."

"Who knows, if you like how it feels, maybe I'll make you one when we get this loot cashed in," I add with a lazy grin as we drift comfortably on the waves.

Right, so Dhaavan - while I know you're not proficient in the pistol, it's still only a range touch attack in the first range increment for anyone who uses a firearm (pistol is 20 feet range increment). Even with a -4 penalty for not being proficient, I figure that wouldn't be so bad if you want to use it. I don't mind either way.

Meanwhile, this suddenly raises a tricky question: what's the rule/modifier (if any) for shooting an arrow into water? Is there a penalty?

Okay - lots of questions, eager for answers - and I guess I'll find out what happens next, when it happens.


You can't really see very well into the spaces of the ship until you actually get down there, at which point the light spell will help. As far as I am aware the same rules apply for vertical movement so you occupy a 5'x5'x5' cube. Ranged Attacks Underwater: Thrown weapons are ineffective underwater, even when launched from land. Attacks with other ranged weapons take a –2 penalty on attack rolls for every 5 feet of water they pass through, in addition to the normal penalties for range. Invisibility: An invisible creature displaces water and leaves a visible, body-shaped “bubble” where the water was displaced. The creature still has concealment (20% miss chance), but not total concealment (50% miss chance).


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay - sounds good. So if the enemy is on the "bottom" that's a -10 to hit with ranged weapons, as they occupy 5 feet of "height" - and it's therefore 25 feet to the enemy (though this presumes the enemy is on a direct line below us on the Z axis, and doesn't account for variances such as if the enemy is slightly away from us via a 3D grid?) Well, no worries, I'm sure we can worry about that as needed later :) I guess the next question is: what do Variel, Valeros and Jiro find when they get to the bottom?


DM EYES ONLY:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Mate, I can barely see down there an' the water's makin things all wobbly an' everythin, not really the best situation to try to learn to shoot one o' them, ya know? But thanks" Dhaavan replies to Flynn with appreciation. With the -4 fon non-proficiency, -2 for every 5 ft away the target is, and another -4 if the target's in melee, there's no way Dhaavan's gonna hit, even with a touch attack.

Instead Dhaavan will use Prestidigitation to light the tip of Rain's boarding-pike, causing it to cast a dim light in whatever radius the GM deems appropriate and hop into the water...
swim check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Looking for movement...
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Extending the polearm to 20ft and readying to attack the first enemy creature he sees to come within range of his Polearm
attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14
For1d10 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


You all swim down cautiously towards the wreck, schools of colorful fish swimming by as you descend. Staying close together, you get a better look at the ship itself. It is a three masted sailing vessel with what was once a beautifully carved Mermaid prow adorning the front. The ship is broken into three large pieces from what you suspect is a combination of the wreck and tidal forces playing upon the rotted wood. You do not see much in the way of coral so you suspect that it has not been here more than six months. The carved nameplate is covered in barnacles and algae but you can make out some of the letters. "M E _ _ M _ I D'S P E _ R L"

As you get a bit closer and look into the ship a huge mouth darts out and bites at Variel. (I thought you were in front so that's why I went for you again)

Surprise attack on Variel vs Flat Footed AC
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 MISS
Damage
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Grab vs Variel CMD
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Initiative
I don't feel like typing everything out so you all go first lol. Happy 3000 posts again! :-)


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro (I suspect there's no way to get a flank, but if there is he'll swim there to get it) swims closer and attacks whatever that mouth is attached to with his rapier.

to hit: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21

dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

flnk dmg if applies: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Am I am able to see the others below me from my position on the boat? I mean to say - if I made a perception roll would it matter, or are they hidden beneath the decks so it won't matter anyway? Just let me know if you want me to roll a perception check. Also, is Sko with me at this time?

Quick Retcon with Dhaavan
Before Dhaavan jumps in, I would have said -

"Well, be careful down there. It may be a right pleasant swim, though somehow I doubt it..."

"Say - as I'm waiting here anyway to cover you with ranged weapons, you want to lend me the bow and the "Bracers of Archery"? Who knows - I may be able to do more good from up here anyway. Don't worry, I won't keep them, I plan on giving them back, so no issues there."

If Dhaavan is agreeable, and someone lends me their bow - I'm down with using them for a bit at range. Meantime, 'm figuring that my "Deadly Aim" will be more useful than me trying to swim - especially as underwater combat is not really my thing :)

Quick Question for GM: you indicated once to me that any feat that is applicable to bows can also be interchangeable with firearms. Would that apply to "Bracers of Archery" as well? If not, any chance of getting similar magical gear that matters to firearms later? Just curious.

If I can roll to "perceive" any trouble, I will at this time and than I shall act accordingly.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

So you posted as I was writing this, but dhaavan is swinging along close to the surface with the pole-arm sticking out with a range around variel, so reading your post, that readied action attack should have gone off and taken a stab at the creature with a 14 to hit. Not that it would do much, but a few points is a few points of damage would be nice if it manages to hit...

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

I think Dhaavan that the ready action wouldnt go off since it was a suprise round. Also it is fine that you attacked me Immortal since I said I would be leading the foray. Thanks for not rolling a 16 plus this time for each and every attack ;P

Any idea what type of creature it was that attacked? Similar to what we fought before or different?
knowledge dungeon, planes, arcane if applicable1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Not again, what is it with creatures and large mouths attacking me. Enough of this. This ends now.
Variel acts quickly to ensure that the mouth does not try again to ensnare him like the previous encounter. Enhancing the dagger as he mouths a few short words, the spell almost is resisted by the proximity of the gaping maw. However he calls forth reserves from within himself to complete the spell and lashes out twice at the mouth. Connecting both times blood spills into the water but not before some of the blodd turns frigid and solidifies. The tiny droplets of blood rise up in the water slowly sparkling in the sunlight waters. The creature likewise feels the cold in its body and is more sluggish and not as powerful as it once was. Hoping it takes the cold nonlethal
Swift action to imbue dagger
Spellcombat attacking first with dagger 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

cast frostbite underwater in combat defensive casting 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
reroll using 3000 post bonus 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
underwater casting 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
attack with spell dagger 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 lethal
nonlethal cold 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 plus fatigue [round 1 of 3]


It's a really large moray eel.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Well, with no bow or bracers of archery, I have only my pistol for range protection - but with no chance of a Perception roll, I have no ability to know that such cover is needed. Nuts.

Leaning back against the hull of the magical boat, I begin to spin my pistol back and forth leisurely around on the edge of my finger. Twisting, twirling, and attempting to move it faster and more dramatically while I pass the time.


You don't need a perception check as the creature darted out a bit to attack. You can act as you wish. It is currently outside your first range increment with the pistol though and would be a very difficult shot through the water but you may have other ideas on how to help.

Variel: You hit both times but do not crit. The creature is fatigued.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Ah ha! Excellent - well, in that case I shall probably attempt a shot at the creature. Sorry - I thought it attacked them when they were under one of the sunken decks...

But I guess before I take my action I should ask how far away is it exactly, this may effect if I use a grit point or not, or I may even attempt to swim for it if possible.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Sorry, Flynn, since i have the pike i'll not be needing the bracers, so you can take those and the bow. I was tired, so I didn't make a note that i didn't need them. sorry bout that. SO you have no reason not to have the bow and bracers. happy hunting.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Dhaavan flounders underwater, but manages to make an attack on the creature.
1d20 ⇒ 19-2 due to failed swim check s 17
for 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

GM since i have a 7 str, thus -2 Str mod, does 2-handing the weapon do anything to decrease the penalty? cause if i can get it down to -1 then I don't take a penalty to my damage.


They are at the bottom, 25' under the surface of the water.

Bracers of archery do not work with guns because they specify bows only. Crossbows don't work with them either.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Thanks Dhaavan, sounds good! So in this case they grant me a +1 to hit, as I assume they are Bracers of Archery “Lesser”? And as the creature is 25 feet from me I take a -10 to my attack roll. Well, here goes nothing, then.

Attack with Bow
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11 = +2 for BAB, +3 for Dex, +1 for Bow; -10 for Range, -1 for Deadly Aim.

IF it hits
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Edit: Quick follow-up question - if this thing is a "large" moray eel, wouldn't that mean it would be 10x10x10 with a 10 foot increment on the Z axis? I'm not worried about the range attack at this time, per se - I'm more interested to know what angle I'd need to be to flank it from an above position as I think if it's belly was on the ocean floor that it could theoretically have 24 points of flanking to choose from if I moved to melee. I mean, no biggie, I'm just trying to figure out what to do next round.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Using a "Free Action" I call out -

"Damnation! They're in trouble! Come on lads, let's help them," I call out to the others.


Seijiro can't quite get in position to flank but his rapier does score a good hit on the creature that attacked his mate. Variel's attack pierces the creature and it looks like it goes a bit sluggish from the effects of the cold. Dhaavan jabs down with the boarding pike but flounders in the water a bit which causes him to miss. Horatio sends an arrow speeding down but the depth is too great for the arrow to penetrate effectively and it misses.

Sko and Valeros are up. No crit for Variel but both attacks did hit.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

In his last post last week Sko suggested that we will likely be away from his computer for a while on business - and said that he specifically won't be able to post at all this Saturday, and not sure about the other days. Valeros normally doesn't post on weekends. Any chance they can be NPC'd if they don't tap in soon so we can finish this round of combat by the evening? Also, Sandy and Rain haven't taken action - will they be NPC'd as well? As it stands - we're looking at 4 out of 8 players that need to be NPC'd at this time; then after they go, the monster goes, then back to us.

Sorry to push the pace, but like I said before, I'm eager to continue and see what happens next. Also - still no update on issue regarding "large size" creature via Z axis for underwater combat and next round. Well, good luck!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

I was under the impression that we aren't worrying about Rain for this fight, calling her focused on Ratline and the boat while the rest of us do stuff underwater, so we're waiting on Sko and Valeros. Sandara will likely go just before the enemy to save time for the GM. so it's not 4 players that need NPC-ing, but 1, and if they don't check in then the GM can move for them, at his discretion


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:
I was under the impression that we aren't worrying about Rain for this fight, calling her focused on Ratline and the boat while the rest of us do stuff underwater, so we're waiting on Sko and Valeros. Sandara will likely go just before the enemy to save time for the GM. so it's not 4 players that need NPC-ing, but 1, and if they don't check in then the GM can move for them, at his discretion

Hey, I figured I'd just send you a private message. Should be in your inbox.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros swims closer to the eel before thrusting his hand out at it. Ice crystals formed around his fist in the water as he leached all the heat out of the surrounding area.

Standard action Wintry Touch attack on eel.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 vs touch AC, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 cold damage


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Seeing Valero's attack, I use another "Free Action" -

"Gods' damn Val, nice move!" I call out with enthusiasm.


Valeros moves up to the Giant Eel and touches it, a rime of frost breaking off in the warm water.

Sko swims down and forms part of the water into a spear of ice and hurls it at the serpentine creature.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Ranged touch attack (which Hits)

1d6 ⇒ 1 Cold damage

-------------------------------------------------------

The Eel, enraged at the damage that has been done to it, bites out viciously at Variel. (Fatigue is included)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 vs Variel AC (which I think hits, I can't remember if your current AC is 21 or 24)

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Grab (which succeeds easily if the bite hits)

Variel is now grappled.

--------------------------------------------------------

End of the round. Wraps back to you all.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

The sounds of fierce shrieks echo behind me and I realize that Rain and Sandara's eyes are wide with fear as they cry out in panic!

Hmm… it seems the young lasses are petrified!

Cursing my rugged manliness, which clearly left the ladies immobilized, I consider my next move. As I’m too far away to swim up and strike this thing, it seems I will have to rely on another shot against this whoreson!

Raising the bow, I fire again.

Attack with Bow
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0 = +2 for BAB, +3 for Dex, +1 for Bow; -10 for Range, -1 for Deadly Aim.

IF it hits
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Edit: Hmm... A "0" - well, at least it wasn't a natural 1... Sorry Variel for that. At this time my next move is to dive over the side and swim to you, if I can get there.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Currently delaying till see what happens with others...Variel has AC of 21...You don't like Variel much do you? ;p.

At least it is fatigued and grappling, that should let some of the others land some solid blows before Variel goes down again. That and some sneak for Jiro hopefully.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

With so many people attacking this thing, Seijiro will try again to maneuver into flank position and attack. Even if unable to get flank, he will strike out at it, attempting to do some damage.

to hit: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 16 (add 2 to that if S. can get flank)

normal dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4

flank, if applies: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Since it is grappling you should be able to move into flank...hopefully as that is nice sneak damage...


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan spends the round trying to recover, taking a stab at the creature, diving deeper to provide more flanking against the Eel

swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3
for 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Immortal:
I have a long day ahead of me and don't know when I can post thus I am giving you two options to choose from. Once everyone has gone then Variel will come out of delay.

Option 1) if the others land solid blows and Variel feels like he can take the creature down Variel will use spell combat again, this time with Acid Splash

Concentration check defensively 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Concentration check vs grapple 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Concentration check vs underwater 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (1) + (6) + 3 = 15
Crit confirm 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (1) + (5) + 3 = 13

Second attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3) + 3 = 12
Crit confirm 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (5) + 3 = 15

Option 2) If no one else lands any solid blows or Variel does not think with a heal check that he can finish the creature, Variel will try to escape. (preferred option if in doubt)
If needed to make a determination, heal check 1d20 ⇒ 11
Grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Variel, from his position in the Eels mouth plunges his dagger into its eye causing a fountain of blood to spurt out before reversing his grip and following up with a vicious stab directly into the creatures brain. Twitching feebly, it finally goes still.

NICE HITS VARIEL!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Watching the creature twitch in death and vomiting Variel from its gullet I let out a lusty cheer.

"Well done, lads - well done!" I call out from the helm of the boat.

"If you're able, and need any, come back aloft - we can give you some healing," I add with a shout and a broad wave of my hand.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

While I wait for my comrades to surface - either for air or healing - I will do a serious visual scan of the rest of the waters and terrain.

The fight may have attracted the notice of other creatures, such as sharks, which can smell blood in the water. I don't want any other nasty surprises to pop up...

Taking 10 on the Perception on the surrounding terrain; if I have time, I will take a 20. That should be a minimum of 18, and potentially a 28, if I have time.

Do I see anything else dangerous or threatening in the immediate area or the surrounding waters?


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

After Variel buries his blade in the Eel's head, Dhaavan comes up for air and then dives back down skimming about 15 ft from the surface with the Pike extended to attack any potential threats to the party as they search.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Jack's perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 as he flits aobut on the surface of the water looking down.


Through a combination of Seijiro's attack and Variel's knifework the creature floats to the bottom of the ocean. Near it's carcass a small iron box rests rusting, half buried in the sand.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro attempts to dislodge the box from the sand, digging away some of the sand around it before attempting to pull it loose. If he can't, he'll try digging further.

If digging the box out doesn't work, he'll swim up for air before descending again and trying to open the box in situ, checking for traps first.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Well, as my ability to perceive danger revealed no immediate threats, I let out a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, I'll wave at Jack and say to him -

In Infernal:

"Didst thou espy such foulness as the the blood which did cling to the water like the black layers of the Abyss, my winged friend?"

"Aye! I say unto thee - it was as if the Seventh Seal was broke usunder and from its fiery maw such things as that were unleashed upon us. Yet if it were from Hell's Gate they did rise to stab at us, then I say unto thee that it was for Hate's Sake that we returned in like measure our own fury. And so it was that our riposte has yet again brought stiffer penance than was expected in the form of our bloody retaliation!"

Seeing Rain's inevitable frown in my choice to speak a language not all can understand I turn and add in the Common Tongue -

"Ah, Rain lass, er... captain - I was merely suggesting to Jack that we've been in some tight spots lately; but despite the danger, we seem to pull through pretty well. But I reckon that Infernal gives such answers a touch of... poetry, as it were. Anyhow - that's pretty much all that was said, so no worries," I add with a grin.

Then, as I wait for my comrades to surface again, or for any who might want healing, I get a bit more comfortable in the boat and wait for them to come back, checking the priming of my pistol and examining the site as I continue to wait.


Seijiro, the box comes loose after you dig around a bit. It doesn't look to have been in too deep.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Observing Jiro-san's efforts I uncoil a length of rope and toss it into the water, hitching the other end of the line to the mast.

If Jiro-san attaches the rope to the box, I will help him pull it out of the water.

In the meantime I lean back and wait for the others.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Wow that was better than I expected when I went to work this morning.

Extricating himself from the jaws of the eel, Variel grabs the tail and hauls the carcass up tot he boat. Hey Flynn, grab this will you. I am sure that esteemed cook can make something delicious out of it. It must have good taste since it tried taking a chunk out of me. Just repaying the favor so to speak.

After loading the eel into the boat and stabbing it one last time to make sure it was dead (since a lot of the damage was cold nonlethal) Variel descends once more to look around.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Nif he doesn't see anything else of note, Variel will work to remove the name plate off the ship. One free he will bring it up to the surface and use prestidigitation to clean it up and finish reading the enscription engraved upon it.

3,001 to 3,050 of 8,093 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.