Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


251 to 300 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Also - you are on the lower deck of a ship when the only way up is covered by several men. If a seagull appeared - never mind the fact that they hunt the coasts and we are far out to sea - how did it suddenly get below decks? Of course - an orb of acid could really help...


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Is seagull even on the summon monster list?


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

I know you need the feats or metamagic for the spells, but if a bunch of uneducated thugs are engaged in a brawl, will they really understand that the scrawney guy glibbering in the corner flailing about is casting a spell, unless something like magic missiles blast out and hit them? It's really a question about the flavor of magic in this game, and how obvious it is to someone that a spell is being cast. FIgure it's a good thing to know in general, if a spellcaster can be subtle about it, and any rolls that are needed to not be super overt!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

It's not on the summon list, but if another equitable avian were re-skinned to be a sea-faring bird, it could work, just asking how creative i can get with it. wish i'd had Summon minor monster for 1d3 rats to appear and all attack someone's feet! that'd be hilarious, and more useful at this point... But if things are going really badly, i guess i could SLA an acid orb for 1d3 direct damage... Cover=blown!


I would say it depends on the spell. Something like Charm Person is probably ok to try using subtly...summon monster which is pretty obvious I would say that's more difficult. In which case I would say make a stealth roll if you are trying to cast a spell without being seen or noticed but it's going to be a REALLY high DC due to the fact that the rules specifically say you must speak in a firm clear voice, etc.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

cool, cool. I'll see what i do when my turn comes around at the end of order. Hopefully it'll be tonight otherwise i won't be back till tomorrow afternoon


Ok so Sko will delay down to the next group but will be back in group 2 next round. Group 3's turn!

With a yell, the remaining pirates surge forward and attack.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Arretta moves forward and attempts to claw Sko's eyes out.

Unarmed attack

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

------------------------------------------------------------------

Maheem darts forward and throws an elbow towards Variel's face.

Unarmed attack

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaundiced Jape moves forward and flanking Variel with Narwhal tries to kick Variel between the legs.

Unarmed attack

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sko is hit for 2 nonlethal and Variel is hit for 4 nonlethal.

Group 4 you're up! Sko, Rain, Dhaavan, Valeros, and Seijiro show these despicable pieces of whale vomit who's boss!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro moves forward and tries to slip past Variel and around to flank Tate. His lithe form tumbles and rolls beyond the opponent til he's facing Rain, with Tate between them.

acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Once there, he will take an swing at Tate, trying to take him down. Though he's not really a mano-a-mano brawler, he does his best to land a blow, aiming for someplace vital and painful while Tate is distracted by Rain.

to hit 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18

if that hits 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7 points of non-lethal dmg

He speaks in Common as he attacks, though it is an effort to do so: "By Hei Feng's beard, ya shouldn't attack a lady."


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko's eyes go blank as combat begins. He attack Arretta with a no expression on his face, staying silent as he does so.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Confirm Crit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
oh well...

Sko takes a bit of silent pleasure as his fist sinks into Arretta's stomache, prey deserves no pity.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:

Sko's eyes go blank as combat begins. He attack Arretta with a no expression on his face, staying silent as he does so.

Unarmed Attack: d20+3
Damage: d3+3

Confirm Crit d20+3
oh well...

FYI - Frackin' SCHWEET! Nice move, Sko!

Also - am I missing something? I can't see Jiro on the map! Where did he go? Also - given the damage he's taken so far; is Tate down for the count?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Sko wrote:

Sko's eyes go blank as combat begins. He attack Arretta with a no expression on his face, staying silent as he does so.

Unarmed Attack: d20+3
Damage: d3+3

Confirm Crit d20+3
oh well...

Nice job, Sko!


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

With her fuelled anger at Fipps having tried to punch her in the face, she turns her fiery turquoise focus on Narwhal Tate, hoping to give Variel a chance since he and and Jape seemed to be trying to hem him in.

Dirty Mongrels! She aims, kicking Tate between his legs.

Unarmed strike : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
If hit, damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 non-lethal damage


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro moved to flank with Rain on Tate


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro moved to flank with Rain on Tate

Okay. Sorry I didn't realise Rain went before Jiro, so I have adjusted the attack.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros steps back calmly away from the thug. His voice suddenly booms, ringing in the man's ears. Flee!

5-foot step back from the pirate attacking me and then:
Standard action to cast Command on the pirate, DC 14 Will save negates. If failed, target flees directly away from me for 1 round.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro moved to flank with Rain on Tate
Okay. Sorry I didn't realise Rain went before Jiro, so I have adjusted the attack.

Rain - you should still get the bonus to your attack. While technically it is true that you go before Jiro - because you are all going at the same time, and he moved before you did, then technically you are going after him, because you are all in the same 'Group" for Ini this round (group 4) and you are "going exactly at the same time" but he we went "before you" because he posted first - which means if he got flanking with you, you'd certainly get them with him.

Also - is the map accurate at this time? It looks like Valeros has taken his action, but he never moved. And even if he did move, he said he moved 5 feet back from his attacker - but that 5 foot step would mean that he would now be at "3K" and open to an AoO from Arretta. I could be wrong, but that's what the map looks like - and I I hate to ask but I want to know if Napes is still up - if Arretta got an AoO that interrupts the spell, and what the condition is for the pirates when Dhaavan attacks and it wraps around. Sorry to be a bother - just trying to follow along with the map and combat and it is a bit tricky.


Seijiro wrote:

Once there, he will take an swing at Tate, trying to take him down. Though he's not really a mano-a-mano brawler, he does his best to land a blow, aiming for someplace vital and painful while Tate is distracted by Rain.

to hit 1d20+4+2

if that hits 1d3+1d6 points of non-lethal dmg

He speaks in Common as he attacks, though it is an effort to do so: "By Hei Feng's beard, ya shouldn't attack a lady."

Seijiro spins through the line and turns with a vicious overhead chop. The strike falls true and Tate crumples in a heap to the ground.


Sko wrote:

Sko's eyes go blank as combat begins. He attack Arretta with a no expression on his face, staying silent as he does so.

Unarmed Attack: d20+3
Damage: d3+3

Confirm Crit d20+3
oh well...

Sko takes a bit of silent pleasure as his fist sinks into Arretta's stomache, prey deserves no pity.

Arretta grunts as your fist sinks in but a feral snarl releases from her mouth as it does so and she stays up.


Rain Taneththir wrote:

With her fuelled anger at Fipps having tried to punch her in the face, she turns her fiery turquoise focus on Narwhal Tate, hoping to give Variel a chance since he and and Jape seemed to be trying to hem him in.

Dirty Mongrels! She aims, kicking Tate between his legs.

Unarmed strike : 1d20+2
If hit, damage: 1d3+2 non-lethal damage

Rain since Seijiro dropped Tate, I am going to switch your attack to Fipps, who actually tried to attack you. You miss but I just wanted to keep things consistent. Let me know if there is something else you would rather do.


Valeros Jaloksin wrote:

Valeros steps back calmly away from the thug. His voice suddenly booms, ringing in the man's ears. Flee!

5-foot step back from the pirate attacking me and then:
Standard action to cast Command on the pirate, DC 14 Will save negates. If failed, target flees directly away from me for 1 round.

Will Save vs. Command 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Slippery Syl gets a momentary glazed over look and then turns and runs toward the other end of the ship.


Horatio Flynn wrote:
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro moved to flank with Rain on Tate
Okay. Sorry I didn't realise Rain went before Jiro, so I have adjusted the attack.

Rain - you should still get the bonus to your attack. While technically it is true that you go before Jiro - because you are all going at the same time, and he moved before you did, then technically you are going after him, because you are all in the same 'Group" for Ini this round (group 4) and you are "going exactly at the same time" but he we went "before you" because he posted first - which means if he got flanking with you, you'd certainly get them with him.

Also - is the map accurate at this time? It looks like Valeros has taken his action, but he never moved. And even if he did move, he said he moved 5 feet back from his attacker - but that 5 foot step would mean that he would now be at "3K" and open to an AoO from Arretta. I could be wrong, but that's what the map looks like - and I I hate to ask but I want to know if Napes is still up - if Arretta got an AoO that interrupts the spell, and what the condition is for the pirates when Dhaavan attacks and it wraps around. Sorry to be a bother - just trying to follow along with the map and combat and it is a bit tricky.

Rule Note: You can't take AoO's with unarmed strikes without the Improved Unarmed Strike feat which no one to my knowledge has.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro moved to flank with Rain on Tate
Okay. Sorry I didn't realise Rain went before Jiro, so I have adjusted the attack.

Rain - you should still get the bonus to your attack. While technically it is true that you go before Jiro - because you are all going at the same time, and he moved before you did, then technically you are going after him, because you are all in the same 'Group" for Ini this round (group 4) and you are "going exactly at the same time" but he we went "before you" because he posted first - which means if he got flanking with you, you'd certainly get them with him.

Also - is the map accurate at this time? It looks like Valeros has taken his action, but he never moved. And even if he did move, he said he moved 5 feet back from his attacker - but that 5 foot step would mean that he would now be at "3K" and open to an AoO from Arretta. I could be wrong, but that's what the map looks like - and I I hate to ask but I want to know if Napes is still up - if Arretta got an AoO that interrupts the spell, and what the condition is for the pirates when Dhaavan attacks and it wraps around. Sorry to be a bother - just trying to follow along with the map and combat and it is a bit tricky.

Rule Note: You can't take AoO's with unarmed strikes without the Improved Unarmed Strike feat which no one to my knowledge has.

This would include the pirates, too - I would hope :)


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

I did have the +2 for flanking and then Seijiro's comment right after my action post confused me and I changed it. Oh well. DM, it's fine for Rain to go for Fipps instead.


Round 2:

The pirates still up curse vehemently at the party and fight back with renewed effort.

Slippery Syl runs this round (She actually shouldn't have been able to run last round since she had already moved but it doesn't matter she will just stay where she is.) Narwhal Tate has been knocked out.
----------------------------------------------------------

Fipps turns and roars a vicious curse. Seeing that Horatio is hurt he goes for the easy shot and attacks him.

Unarmed Strike

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sorry Horatio, Fipps is kind of a dick like that.

Group 2: Kick Some ASS!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Round 2:

The pirates still up curse vehemently at the party and fight back with renewed effort.

Slippery Syl runs this round (She actually shouldn't have been able to run last round since she had already moved but it doesn't matter she will just stay where she is.) Narwhal Tate has been knocked out.
----------------------------------------------------------

Fipps turns and roars a vicious curse. Seeing that Horatio is hurt he goes for the easy shot and attacks him.

Unarmed Strike

1d20+3

Damage

1d3+1

Sorry Horatio, Fipps is kind of a dick like that.

Group 2: Kick Some ASS!

Wouldn't Dhaavan get his attack first from the end of the round? I only ask because he's a spellcaster - and what he plans on doing may effect the attack that occurred on me.

Also - still trying to figure out if/when I go unconscious here - if I will be bleeding out, or simply be unconscious.

As soon as I see what Dhaavan is doing, I guess I'll act; unless you want to NPC him for his round?

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Seeing that Tate was dropped and that Rain only has one person against her now, Variel will move to provide flank with Jiro. The power in his fists fades as he is unable to turn his fists into the weapons that he was used to weilding. This drop in power and the realization that he was hit last time cause Variel to miss his jab into the nose of Maheem.

5ft to flank Maheem
Jab to Maheem1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Right - well - anyway - I'm waiting for Dhaavan to attack. When I see what he does for his action last round, I'll take my action this round - unless he is being NPC'd - in which case I'll wait for that.

Dhaavan - just waiting on you.


Yep my apologies. I skipped him accidentally.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Lets say this is my action for the round. Spell goes off at the beginning of my next turn, so it doesn't make much difference. Carry on folks, don't mind me. How's this work for concealing spellcasting?

When the attack commences, Dhaavan lets out a yelp of fear, stepping back into a corner (3:M) and clutches at something hanging round his neck uttering a what looks like a prayer in some strange language and making strange motions with his free hand, eyes shut tight.
Bluff check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

DC ^^ sense motive check:

Reveals that he wan neither afraid nor preying but doing something completely different, and that he is squinting not closing his eyes

If you have spellcraft, you may not need to beat the Bluff check so see that i'm casting, in which case just toss spellcraft, i guess? but i figure if you don't have spellcraft you should fall for the lie, unless you beat the SM check. That work Oh Great and Un-Aging One?

DC 16 spellcraft check:
Summon Monster I

Actual action:

At the outset of the surprise attack, Dhaavan's face looses all emotion and there is a subtle reddening of his strangely yellow eyes. He squints them to hide it, letting out a cowardly scream, backing into a corner. Then begins the chanting, searching the very bowels of the nine hells for a creature upon which he can call to once again do his bidding. His mind turns inward as he clutches the Focus of his spell, carrying out the ritual.

He watches the fight unfold before him, hunting the Plane for the creature to summon.


I almost feel bad for Syl, as she's the only one not engaged in melee, SO she's likely going to be Dhaavan's target. SO don't Melee with her if you can help it, and please keep me safe? I don't wanna loose my spell


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

If anyone does try to hit me instead of the guys that are up and fighting, and I need a concentration check for getting hit to not loose the spell, Here's a few.

Concentration checks:

DC 11+damage
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
I gotta make one for every hit I take right?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Alrighty...

I shake my head in pain. I ignore Fipps sudden attack, and turn a bit to the scum that Sko had already hit hard - this "Aretta", who is standing next to me.

Thinking quickly, I narrow my eyes. Fipps is still "Fresh" - and we may yet be able to drop Aretta quickly, before he can act to hurt anyone else in our company. I'm not sure if I will be successful, but I intend to help Sko bring that basterd down before I am leveled completely! My hand bunches into a thick fist; already covered with Tate's blood - then I toss out a sudden uppercut and I swing my fist hard up into Aretta's jaw!

Attack against Aretta -
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Damage -
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

Lets say this is my action for the round. Spell goes off at the beginning of my next turn, so it doesn't make much difference. Carry on folks, don't mind me. How's this work for concealing spellcasting?

When the attack commences, Dhaavan lets out a yelp of fear, stepping back into a corner (3:M) and clutches at something hanging round his neck uttering a what looks like a prayer in some strange language and making strange motions with his free hand, eyes shut tight.
Bluff check:
1d20+4
** spoiler omitted **

If you have spellcraft, you may not need to beat the Bluff check so see that i'm casting, in which case just toss spellcraft, i guess? but i figure if you don't have spellcraft you should fall for the lie, unless you beat the SM check. That work Oh Great and Un-Aging One?
** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **
I almost feel bad for Syl, as she's the only one not engaged in melee, SO she's likely going to be Dhaavan's target. SO don't Melee with her if you can help it, and please keep me safe? I don't wanna loose my spell

That's because I believe that Syl went charging up the stairs in panic - it seemed something spooked him - it happened right after the man Valeros yelled out "Flee"; so he may technically be upstairs by now.

No doubt you'll find out by the time your monster is summoned - but any way you slice it - it can always be an aid to flank!


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sho steps up and slams his forehead into Arretta's face.

Headbutt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:

Sho steps up and slams his forehead into Arretta's face.

Headbutt: d20+3
Damage: d3+3

Outstanding! If she's up after 14 damage, though - we may be in for trouble :)


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Hey Mister GM - before Valeros makes his attack, can you let us know if Arretta is still up? If she went down, it will likely change his action... Also, I am curious to know what happened myself. Thank you, m'lord!


One, Syl didn't go up the stairs, just to the far end of the hold. Two, yes Aretta drops to the ground unconscious.

Valeros doesn't post on the weekends much which I knew so I am going to NPC him for the moment.

Valeros sees Aretta go down in front of him and attempts the same action on Fipps as he did on Syl. His voice goes deep and powerful and he commands Fipps to Flee!

Fipps Will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Fipps on his turn next round will flee away from the group.


Group 3: Seeing that they are outmatched, Maheem and Jape throw a punch at Seijiro and Variel respectively before retreating to the stairwell where they stop and block it.

Jape turns and readies an action to attack the first person that comes up the stairwell.


Group 4: Yer up!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro moves up toward the stairs, unaware of Jape's readied action, and takes a swing at Jape.

to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

dmg if hits 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He narrows his eyes and in his lowest voice, he menacingly says "Move aside or you'll regret it, ya scurvy dog."

intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Seijiro:
Seijiro, the stairs go north south so from right there you would be attacking the wall. You need to move to D3 in order to attack him. You can attack from C3 and E3 but he will have cover (+4 AC) from both of those locations. Also Intimidate as you are trying to do it takes a full minute so you couldn't do it during combat. If you are just trying to demoralize him (i.e. give him the Shaken condition) that is still a standard action so again you couldn't attack and do it without a special feat or ability. Let me know how/if you want to change your actions.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Can a summoned Eagle attack from directly above an enemy? So i summon it on top of Jape and hive it full attack him?

As Jiro has yet to re-post a valid location can i count taking my move before him, so i can toss a ranged attack without the -4 penalty?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

DM Imm:

Basically just trying to get him to move out of the way, was hoping an intimidate check after a solid hit might work, but if not, just the dialogue for now, and I'll keep the hit. If I decide to try to shake him next round, I'll go for it then.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Dhaavan:
Dhaavan - I posted first, but Seijiro actually goes last in the round, so it's really up to the DM if he's going to re-order the actions after all are posted. I did re-post a valid location though, about the same time you were posting lol.

Also, I think Jape moved out of your short range of the spell, so you would have to summon the eagle in between the two of you and it would have to fly over to jape and therefore only get one attack - I know that sucks, but you could summon it on Fipps before he runs and it would get it's full attack. (I ran a druid for 14 levels, so I'm really well-versed in summoning spells. First level when they are only around for one round is the pits.)


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Ah ha, there you are. Now come to me. Dhaavan thinks when his awareness locates the creature he seeks.

His gestures and babbling ceases as the spell completes and suddenly just above Jape appears a fierce bird of prey, eyes ablaze with a subtle sulferous oder that barely withstands the stench of the ship.

He strides purposefully forward (to H:2) conjuring an orb of acid from nothing into his hand and hurling it at Jape uttering words in his foul language.

Infernal:
"Eviscerate him!"

Touch attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20
for 1d3 ⇒ 3 acid damage
(not sure what kind of cover Jape would have, so I gave him a soft cover penalty)

Hearing it's masters words and seeing him attack the orc before it, the bird drops upon his prey and lets loose with its beak and talon!"

talon:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

[Edit: Confirmation rolls]
Crit confirmations
Touch attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 2 = 6
for 1d3 ⇒ 1 acid damage

talon:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Dhaavan - nice rolls! - don't forget to confirm your crit chances!, yes you can even crit with the acid orb.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My head throbbing with pain, and blood on my hands and fists, I see Jiro’s action and call out as a Free Action”Jiro – no, you fool!”

What in gods’s name was he DOING?

I had seen Jiro’s actions against the others, when his fist sought out and found that excellent vital spot with a good sucker punch – and I could tell almost instinctively by his fighting style that he was adept at discovering such weak points – if the enemy couldn’t devote enough time to watching both sides of an attack, that is.

Yet instead of utilizing that excellent strategy now with Fipps, he instead rushes off so he could stand alone against the other three who loitered in the stairwell. Further – with Fipps still “fresh” – unless he was put down fast by the remainder of my companions – it was likely that he and “Valeros” (if that was even his real name) – would simply rush forward to flank Jiro!

Damnation!

Fipps needed to be put down before he could get the drop on the wild-eyed red-head; and something needed to be done with this obvious spy for the pirates. Aye! This man Valeros – whose bold demands for the pirates to leave us were followed with swift alacrity. For as he utters the word ”Flee” – the remaining pirates quickly run away at his very command - or the orders of their superior, perhaps...

At this time I could only pray that my companions would do what they could to aid Jiro by dropping Fipps so the man couldn’t turn to flank the fiery easterner.

Out of the corner of my eye I spare this "Valeros" a second with a flat, yet appraising glance.

The man will need to be dealt with, and soon. He avoids us all and refuses even to talk to us; preferring only to speak with the pirate scum – and his only actions in this fracas is to give these basterds orders, which they obey without question…

Even so - this Valeros fellow may have his own agenda and it may not be simple espionage. But if not that, than what could it be?

My head throbs in pain as I turn my glance suddenly from the strange, aloof man.

May the gods curse all traitors! What game is he really playing at?

The sudden words of the young boy behind me startle me - and the stench of sulfur rises from him like a dark, eerie vapor. I see him raise his hand a clear glob of liquid flies from it toward one of the villains. The explosion on the flesh of the pirate is obvious, and I see smoldering skin and vapor rising from it and presume the boy did something to burn the villain with magic.

Yet even as I see the lad make his action, I hear a strange noise in front of me.

Bamf!

The noise and stench of sulfur both rush down the stairwell - as well as a sudden shrieking, as if a large bird is screaming in rage.

Even so - I can hear the screams of pirates - and my eyes narrow in grim pleasure I quickly deduce what must have happened; this youth must have "called" for his own assistance...

But wait - the smell of sulfur? From a creature summoned by a lad from Cheliax? But that would mean...

Gods! Well - it seems that this is going to be a very interesting day - if we even live through it!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
Dhaavan - nice rolls! - don't forget to confirm your crit chances!, yes you can even crit with the acid orb.

Hey - if Dhaavan moves to 6:H before he casts the spell - could it not be able to go off between Mapes and Jape? I think he could just do that, depending. But if it happens that the bird pops up than I think you would also be able to get your "sneak attack" damage on Jape, for flanking with the eagle, presuming you go after Dhaavan. But if you really plan on going last anyway, it may change who you attack. Anyway, that's just a suggestion. I may be wrong on both the distances, and the range for the spell, and I'm still not really sure of the map's layout at this time.

Also, Jiro, a quick clarification regarding my last post - please know my previous post with my "quote" reflects only my character's knowledge on your actions, coupled with the desperation, confusion and the heat of battle - and this includes my "thoughts". I know exactly why you did what you did out of game - but in game, my character would have still said that, that's all. Just like, at this time, I don't know that Valeros cast spells on these jokers - for now, I have no reason to know that.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

The stairs go from south to north, so Dhaavan has to be at the top of the map to target Jape. otherwize it's at a wall. I don't think i can put the bird anywhere to flank with Jiro, but if i can, then that's where the birdy goes?

Also fixed Dhaavan's location cause he was at M:3 not m:4


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

he started casting last round - spell goes off at the START of this round, before he takes any actions - including movement

251 to 300 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.