Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


201 to 250 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Variel Nightstorm wrote:

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn...

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.


Valeros: No worries those kind of liberties that are just good rp and don't effect anything are perfectly fine.

Plugg is red faced with rage as you come back on deck and screams That's six lashes, Fish man! In addition you work in the bilges tomorrow. We'll see how you like the water down there. He finishes with an evil chuckle before returning to a few of the crew who seem to be hangers on to him and Scourge.


Rain: You spot Variel easily and can converse with him as much as you want. You also do not see anyone paying much attention to you all at the moment.


Seijiro: Yes they took your Haramaki as well. It is actually a fairly substantial piece of armor due to the articulated plates. They stripped you guys down to basic clothing.

I forgot your action allows you to explore a part of the ship. Which section did you want to explore?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

ok... how about the middle deck - he'll learn as much as he can about what's where and such. (note his philosophy: "Anything that's not nailed down is mine. Anything I can pry up is not nailed down.") I know you said there was nothing to be found without his tools, but just putting that out there for the future.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn...

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.

Thanks Grok. Any time you want to take me up on that offer to dance just let me know. Dn't worry I will keep my mothers pendant and any magic it may have away from you if you so desire.. With a lighter step Variel will return to the others.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro addresses Flynn in response to many questions. "Whoa there, that's a lot of questions at once. Let me see what I can answer for you... As for gods, some of the ones worshiped in the far west are the same as here - Abadar for example. My people worship Daikitsu, but among the major gods is also Hei Feng, Lord of the Seas and Storms, and while at sea, I give him offering when I can. Ours may be an ill-fated voyage indeed, as I have had nothing to offer him so far, and I'm sure the officers and crew of the Wormwood would do nothing to appease Hei Feng themselves."

He bites his lip and frowns a little as he thinks back on all the questions FLynn had for him. "We eat much rice where I come from, and fish. I love fish... and eggs. Sometimes we eat the fish raw with rice, a practice I have never seen here. It's hard getting used to such overcooked food here, but I have adapted."

"As for ships, there are many magnificent ships in the far West, though they are frequently rigged differently than the ships here, there are many similarities and it was easy when I found a berth on a Western vessel to learn the ropes. (ooh, a pun!) I am used to working up in the rigging, so being assigned duties as I have been makes me sad. I miss being up high and in clean fresh air. But all is transitory. Things change in the fullness of time. Until then, I will adapt and survive as best I can. This is not a ship of dreams, but they cannot take them away either. So while my feet are on the deck of this accursed vessel, my thoughts soar free as gulls."

I nod my head -

"Indeed - I have seen many adaptations that sailors have used when traveling in such mixed company of various cultures forced to live and function together as one. For example - when you take a combination of various cultures, such as this - you begin to adept the palate to a broader series of spices and other flavorful nuances."

"And while it is true that to you our food may be heavy, I have seen the utilization of small skillets that cook over charcoal braziers - this allows folk aboard sea to make far lighter meals that are stir-fried which are easily prepared, and require the most mundane of fuel supplies - and with minimal mess or expense; as fish oils are plentiful and can burn."

I think about the rice he mentioned, considering it as a meal, but a possibility on ships in the deep waters.

"I do not know many captains that use rice as a staple, though. This is generally because - if you are transporting it - you will find that the dried grains can absorb water easily on ships - soon a full hull can be expanded dangerously by the very rice, if it is too well stocked - and this can damage the integrity of the ship. Even so - I have tried some rice before from some of the Mwangi tribes - they have many dishes that use rice and spiced peppers. I find them quite savory, actually."

I consider a moment on the nature of his deities.

"You mention offerings - what is your method making such offerings? As we are on the seas now, it would be wise to discover all the friends we can; including the gods. If they prefer specific offerings, let me know - I will do what I can to placate them myself. But I fear that my own specific religious callings, such as they are - may not avail many of the crew here," I add with a wry grin.

"I have heard of some sailors who prefer coastal waters and use their sails and rigging specifically to allow greater ease to tack course in the changing tides and currents. But as for the deep of the ocean? Well - I think you will find that such a vessel as this is better suited. While her lines are a mite too square for my taste, she is solid and likely meant for gale force winds - and other choppy waters. She is not likely to have her mast snapped or her sails damaged, even in a heavy storm. However - I feel that her ability to tack course suddenly would be weak, and she is not built well for speed, but stability. I fear this is a condition of the dangerous waters here."

"For myself - I have far less interest in the deep of the oceans as opposed to fast ships rushing from port to port - exploring new islands and visiting old friends in the form of towns and other scattered cultures and civilizations. The unexpected and unguessed terrain is something that stirs my spirit deeply - though I confess most of those stirrings are largely academic, to say the least," I say with a bit of a laugh.

"My uncle had a friend who did that very thing - a smuggler, I believe - his shipped was rigged in the elven style, which seems much like your style of vessel - even so; he would tell tales of dodging blockades from the Imperial Forces of Cheliax, urging his ship at great speeds through rocky waters to avoid their massive, and slow-moving man-o-war's - and always the new land or culture he would find on each island. Indeed - you never knew what you would find over the next horizon. A new town - a hidden temple - a race of beings the world had not yet discovered, or perhaps time forgot - the promise of entire new worlds in the form of these new mysteries which would be revealed to any that had the courage to find them. Ah, indeed - quite a fine life - when I wished to become a ship's surgeon, it was that very thing that drew me to the task; an open sea, the chance of freedom to explore all options around me - to soar free like a falcon... Unfettered, and with only the sky and starts to guide me..." I add the last with a bit of an ironic stare at my current surroundings.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Valeros: No worries those kind of liberties that are just good rp and don't effect anything are perfectly fine.

Plugg is red faced with rage as you come back on deck and screams That's six lashes, Fish man! In addition you work in the bilges tomorrow. We'll see how you like the water down there. He finishes with an evil chuckle before returning to a few of the crew who seem to be hangers on to him and Scourge.

I take a moment to gauge the folk that seem to be "hanging on" to Plugg.

I would like to identify them - if that is okay?

Perception to identify the individuals who were "hanging on" to Plugg.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn...

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.

Thanks Grok. Any time you want to take me up on that offer to dance just let me know. Dn't worry I will keep my mothers pendant and any magic it may have away from you if you so desire.. With a lighter step Variel will return to the others.

Seeing the relative ease in which Variel had his gear returned - I mark this with some interest. It may reveal a useful strategy in which to bribe this half-orc to allow me to get my weapons and gear...

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn...

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.

Thanks Grok. Any time you want to take me up on that offer to dance just let me know. Dn't worry I will keep my mothers pendant and any magic it may have away from you if you so desire.. With a lighter step Variel will return to the others.
Seeing the relative ease in which Variel had his gear returned - I mark this with some interest. It may reveal a useful strategy in which to bribe this half-orc to allow me to get my weapons and gear...

FYI I don't have my gear yet.

Variel returns to the group in good spirits. Whether it is the rum or the fact that he is getting his equipment and more importnatly his pendant back in the morning is hard even for variel to know. Turning to 'doc' upon hearing his inquisition, You know that is agreat question. I am here on the water with good food and some decent company. Granted some company is not the best, but you will find that wherever you go. I wouldn't rather be any place else than on the ocean. You can be as free out here as you like. Your only or free if you think that way. Why just today ipI met a lovely Halfling named Rosie and we had a fine time while we worked. She knows how to play the fiddle and we hit it off pretty well. I am trying to get her fiddle back which I hope will be tomorrow from Grok over there. Once that is done then there will be music to dance to. So you see I am still free even out here. It's not a person's conditions that make him free but his mindset. At this point Variel looks a bit sheepish at saying so much about himself. The drink is getting to me I think. Need to be careful.

Variel does a quick look around to see if anyone thinks that he is yammering and making a fool of himself. It would do to have Rain think that of him or that she can't ahold his liquor. Turning the questions back to 'doc' So are you a free man or not?


Horatio Flynn wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:

Valeros: No worries those kind of liberties that are just good rp and don't effect anything are perfectly fine.

Plugg is red faced with rage as you come back on deck and screams That's six lashes, Fish man! In addition you work in the bilges tomorrow. We'll see how you like the water down there. He finishes with an evil chuckle before returning to a few of the crew who seem to be hangers on to him and Scourge.

I take a moment to gauge the folk that seem to be "hanging on" to Plugg.

I would like to identify them - if that is okay?

Perception to identify the individuals who were "hanging on" to Plugg.

1d20+5

Two of them you'd seen before. They were the ones that helped with the Jakes Magpie, the boy that got keelhauled. Juandiced Jape and Fipps Chumlett. The others you aren't quite sure about.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko notices Horatios look. Hmm. Plugg's cronies. Be good to find out who they are. You can't miss Plugg but easy to miss one of dozens of crew members that will rat you out.

Horatio Flynn wrote:


"For myself - I have far less interest in the deep of the oceans as opposed to fast ships rushing from port to port -

"An interesting tale. I am the opposite though; for me the Ocean is everything. For while I felt sorry for the man killed today, seeing the sharks was, to me, a good omen. I have felt a strange kinship with them the last few years. It is why I have no fear right now. There is...something out here that calls me. I can't identify it yet but I'm confident that I will in time."

"I know only a little of the gods and how they work though I was tutored for a time by a priest of Hanspur; a relatively minor and unpredictable god of the Rivers. He made sure I knew the names of those who claim lordship of water is some way. There is the Elemental Lord, Kelizandri and the First World deity, Ragadahn. Both have sinister reputations. None as much as Dagon the Demon Lord though. There is Besmara, of course, but I was taught that inland and in the lands to the north she is not so well known. Gozreh is the main deity associated with water - and nature itself. Perhaps this Hei Feng has no power so far from his own lands; I don't know how the gods work."

Nightime Action: Sko will try and busy himself with odd jobs. His main purpose is to find out what work Plugg's cronies do so that, during the day, he can notice if one is nearby. He isn't going to take any chances though. If this gives him the opportunity to talk to others then so much the better. If he doesn't think he can pull it off, he'll go ask Fishgut who they are.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn...

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.

Thanks Grok. Any time you want to take me up on that offer to dance just let me know. Dn't worry I will keep my mothers pendant and any magic it may have away from you if you so desire.. With a lighter step Variel will return to the others.
Seeing the relative ease in which Variel had his gear returned - I mark this with some interest. It may reveal a useful strategy in which to bribe this half-orc to allow me to get my weapons and gear...

FYI I don't have my gear yet.

Variel returns to the group in good spirits. Whether it is the rum or the fact that he is getting...

Hearing his easy description on "freedom" when I have already observed the death and torture of men today disturbs me - I glance to the other elf to see if she is equally unmoved by the dead man - is such lack of sentiment common to elves, or is it a singular trait...

”Free as our mind’, eh?” I say dryly.

”Perhaps that sentiment was lost on the man whose flesh was torn asunder by the barnacles that clung to the hull of the ship before being thrown to his death? Or perhaps it was equally lost on the man who was lashed to the beams below before boiled pitch was poured over his flesh?”

I look over at Mister Nightstorm, and pause to consider him and what has happened so far. His relative ease with securing his gear – well; at least, that gear will be his in the morning – and the seeming new ally in the form of a Halfling who would befriend him, if he manages to discover and return her instrument - which coincidentally it seems, may be held by this "Grok" - who he luckily became allied to already.

I wonder how it will look if the Halfling has her instrument back suddenly. Surely the crew will notice this - it cannot be so easy to hide well-played music when there had been only silence before.

I pick my teeth as I consider the facts... It seems that Mister Nightstorm is in the particular favor of the gods, or has some other method of succeeding where I have not. Perhaps I should press on and determine his method of success; and try to find this method myself, and if I am able to - act on it.

I glance at the stars a moment.

”You are correct, Mister Nightstorm, and it was I, perhaps, that was in error. No doubt if I utilized the same amount of freedom I too could be more at ease, though I confess I had not done so thus far.”

”But you have opened my eyes to unguessed possibilities. I shall take your advice and act on it. No longer will I be constrained by my mind. I suspect the best thing for it is to move beyond those self-imposed limitations and step forward. I shall remember that in the morning,” I say to him.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:

Sko notices Horatios look. Hmm. Plugg's cronies. Be good to find out who they are. You can't miss Plugg but easy to miss one of dozens of crew members that will rat you out.

Horatio Flynn wrote:


"For myself - I have far less interest in the deep of the oceans as opposed to fast ships rushing from port to port -

"An interesting tale. I am the opposite though; for me the Ocean is everything. For while I felt sorry for the man killed today, seeing the sharks was, to me, a good omen. I have felt a strange kinship with them the last few years. It is why I have no fear right now. There is...something out here that calls me. I can't identify it yet but I'm confident that I will in time."

"I know only a little of the gods and how they work though I was tutored for a time by a priest of Hanspur; a relatively minor and unpredictable god of the Rivers. He made sure I knew the names of those who claim lordship of water is some way. There is the Elemental Lord, Kelizandri and the First World deity, Ragadahn. Both have sinister reputations. None as much as Dagon the Demon Lord though. There is Besmara, of course, but I was taught that inland and in the lands to the north she is not so well known. Gozreh is the main deity associated with water - and nature itself. Perhaps this Hei Feng has no power so far from his own lands; I don't know how the gods work."

Nightime Action: Sko will try and busy himself with odd jobs. His main purpose is to find out what work Plugg's cronies do so that, during the day, he can notice if one is nearby. He isn't going to take any chances though. If this gives him the opportunity to talk to others then so much the better. If he doesn't think he can pull it off, he'll go ask Fishgut who they are.

Hearing Sko’s words about the sharks, I turn a cocked eye toward him; curious that he would find the shark’s feast acceptable.

”Why so, sir? That is – regarding the shark’s feasting on that man? As I know it, sharks do not eat men of a desire, unless they are well starved or worked into a frenzy, then they shall indulge. If they had been starved than some great power may have intervened to so starve them and to me that is unlikely – and if they were worked into a frenzy, that is equally disturbing. As for the man who was executed? If he had been truly killed for theft – then I feel that the punishment was foolish.”

”A man who robbed from his fellows; would he be executed for the crime – then his fellows ought to participate in the killing, for they were the principles that were wronged – stoning perhaps, though generally “the gauntlet” is more reasonable and simple on the sea.”

”Yet – if you need to kill the man outright, for his crimes so warranted such a death – he could have easily been hanged – and should have been – from the yardarm. If I had to execute a man, I would do it thusly – it is quick, direct, and completes the task. For myself, I do not believe that execution should be a means for personal pleasure – but a just reward for a crime committed. And after he had been killed he could have been easily thrown into the water for the sharks – but not while alive – that decision was simply to placate the personal sadism of the few who rule here.”

”Yet what of that wisdom? We ourselves were “commissioned” into the service of this ship by necessity – they do not need the decks undermanned, nor do they have the latitude to kill off their crew members simply for minor crimes as theft on the ship. Punishment for theft, aye – but killing? The moral implications of that aside – simple logistics demand that the crew not be killed; each working body is useful – even if all they are able to do is scrub decks.”

Hearing his words on Dagon, my eyes narrow and me features grow icy.

”I have heard something of this “Dagon” – among others of his ilk,” I say mechanically, as if the words are windlassed out of me ”But I am no expert on him, or his kind – preferring rather to avoid such subjects, for they do not foster peace – even among confederates such ourselves.”


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I turn then to Rain and Jiro – curious what they will say on these matters. I know that Rain has some skill in the waters – her opinions on the oceans and rivers will be interesting. As for Jiro – I wonder what the lad would say about such mental freedoms; and I look toward Dhavaan will do or say.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

I had been speaking quietly, discreetly and in main in my native tongue and still, I am told my voice carries. Rain was confused at how readily Ratline and Dhaavan had heard her private words to Flynn and Jiro. Her face was contorted in some sort of distress but she got hold of herself quickly and relaxed the muscles into a more placid countenance. Perhaps I should cease my discussions as I do not want to incur any further ire from my companions, Rain presses her long fingered hands together, working to still the nervous tension inside her. Sko mentioned that the rum makes one docile, so that is what I shall appear -- tame, submissive. Besmara lend me your cunning.

The conversation flowed around her and Variel was now seated with her and the others. She was happy his pendant and book were returned to him. He seemed to have an 'in' with this Grok female. Rain looked down and saw the empty places where her weapons once sat. If Plugg were to come for me, then I will have to find another way to defend myself.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
I turn then to Rain and Jiro – curious what they will say on these matters. I know that Rain has some skill in the waters – her opinions on the oceans and rivers will be interesting. As for Jiro – I wonder what the lad would say about such mental freedoms; and I look toward Dhavaan will do or say.

"Dhaavan" is technically on vacation and not to be expected to post more than the bare minimum

"Don't be telling others about what?" Dhaavan asks feigning innocence and obliviousness, then giving her a conspiratorial wink and a friendly smile. He then shuffles off quick-smart to unload his full sack of goodies to pass em out later.

Jack's Perception to see if anyone's suspicious
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Bluff to pass off his action as innocent
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Stealth to avoid anyone's notice as he stows his stuff
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Rain Dhaavan didn't hear anything, but he got a good look at you and after spending a long night drinking, he suspected that you were up to something, especially with Horatio and his somewhat high-and-mighty attitude (as Dhaavan views him) would certianly be rather outraged about the Keelhauling. then eaves-dropping via Rain's part of the conversation gave him a good idea of what's going on. Didn't hear anything.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
”Perhaps that sentiment was lost on the man whose flesh was torn asunder by the barnacles that clung to the hull of the ship before being thrown to his death? Or perhaps it was equally lost on the man who was lashed to the beams below before boiled pitch was poured over his flesh?”

Did you not listen to his sentence. He stole from his fellow crew members and admitted to it. He knew the consequences and still chose his path. Even though he lost his life, which I am sorry for the loss of life, he still chose his fate. He was free to. Ate that choice in his mind. You may not think that is a choice or freedom, but I do and to me it appears he did as well. Put it another way, you always have a choice. It up to you to see that and go from there.


Hey everyone. I'm not feeling so hot so i'm heading to bed. I'll update in the morning. Great job so far everyone.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Vsleros moves below decks, feeling much better although he wasn't looking forward to bloody hour the following day. Valeros thought of joining the new folks in conversation but he could still see them trying their hardest to look discreet but only managing to call attention to themselves with their constant shifts in language and their open hatred of the officers. There was a time and place for such thoughts and this certainly wasn't it.

Instead he walked over to the large Rahadoumi man sitting off against a wall of the ship. Settling himself down next to him, he simply sat there and appreciated the movement of the ship. Rough day for most of us new fish. You seem a veteran of this vessel. Any tips you think would help me last a little longer?

Night Time Action: Influence action on Maheem.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Ahhh, the dinner bell. The sign of the end of the day and a chance to relax over a good meal. Hopefully the food is good.

The food was handed out shortly there after and although not too hungry anymore the smell was appealing. It tasted as good as it smelled which was a plus. Midway through the meal, Dhaavan drop a small book on his lap. Recognizing it instantly the question of how he got rose to his lips but was resisted quickly. Instead, Thanks for returning my journal to me. I would miss it tomorrow morning. You have my gratitude.

In character was wondering how you knew it was mine? I am trying to keep the crew from knowing that I can cast spells. Just curious....

Dhaavan smiles, "Thanks, i figured. A little birdie told me you had a book like this. Hope you don't mind that i thumbed through it. Interesting storries you got in it. a whit better than ol' Horatio's I'd wager, least-ways to me. But i got an eye for that kind of thing." he says with a wink. Jack, the thrush on Dhaavan's shoulder says something but the harsh sounds mean nothing to Variel, though apparently it's rather funny, as Dhaavan laughs.

"Corse yea best keep it ta yerself, as not everyone would be comfortable wiht that sort of liter'ture."

[ooc]I'm assuming that Jack Thrush would have been snooping as Dhaavan got taken, or have looked into the book in the tavern or something, and then Dhaavan read the book via Read Magic to know what sort of spells were in it."[/b]

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Dhaavan wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Ahhh, the dinner bell. The sign of the end of the day and a chance to relax over a good meal. Hopefully the food is good.

The food was handed out shortly there after and although not too hungry anymore the smell was appealing. It tasted as good as it smelled which was a plus. Midway through the meal, Dhaavan drop a small book on his lap. Recognizing it instantly the question of how he got rose to his lips but was resisted quickly. Instead, Thanks for returning my journal to me. I would miss it tomorrow morning. You have my gratitude.

In character was wondering how you knew it was mine? I am trying to keep the crew from knowing that I can cast spells. Just curious....

Dhaavan smiles, "Thanks, i figured. A little birdie told me you had a book like this. Hope you don't mind that i thumbed through it. Interesting storries you got in it. a whit better than ol' Horatio's I'd wager, least-ways to me. But i got an eye for that kind of thing." he says with a wink. Jack, the thrush on Dhaavan's shoulder says something but the harsh sounds mean nothing to Variel, though apparently it's rather funny, as Dhaavan laughs.

"Corse yea best keep it ta yerself, as not everyone would be comfortable wiht that sort of liter'ture."

[ooc]I'm assuming that Jack Thrush would have been snooping as Dhaavan got taken, or have looked into the book in the tavern or something, and then Dhaavan read the book via Read Magic to know what sort of spells were in it."[/b]

You like the literature involved. Curious isn't it. My penmanship isn't the best and I have an annoying habit of switching languages as I write. The problem with knowing too many languages at once I suppose. Thanks again for giving it back. I would like to know the little bird that told you this was mine still.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:

Grok looks at you drunkenly and makes a strange sign to ward off evil and whispers I will get your equipment back to you in the morning when I open the Quartermaster's Store. Just promise to keep it's magic away from me. You also notice that Grok is in fact female.

Variel you will get your gear back in the morning before your shift.

Thanks Grok. Any time you want to take me up on that offer to dance just let me know. Don't worry I will keep my mothers pendant and any magic it may have away from you if you so desire.. With a lighter step Variel will return to the others.

While stowing the gear that Grok game him, Dhavan takes out a thin copper wire and candle and drops the items into a small pouch which he strings round his neck, and stows the rest of his components Those are the only ones that he needs for his current spells known so he can cast but has the rest of his components well hidden. He also hides a few wires and bags with candles in them in various pockets on his person, just in case.

to Variel:
"Well that'd be Jack" Dhaavan says scritching the Thrush on his shoulder in the head, geting a pleased twittering from the bird. "Say hello Jack"

Jack says in Infernal]"Hi there. Sorry for spying, but someone's got to pay attention for this one."

"True language reads as true regardless of dialect, to those what can see it." With that Dhaavan looks around and with a gesture under the table and a whisper, the drink in Dhaavan and Variel's cups suddenly tastes of cider and fine ail as opposed to whatever nasty fetid liquid is in it. Prestidigitation "If you know what i mean."

Bet yea weren't 'specting a literal bird to ha' tol' me bout it. =P

Others could hear if they are interested in Dhaaven's conversation with the Quartermaster

to Grok:

"Ah, so yea've met Variel, eh? Good sort, I'd say. Certianly well liked, if yea know what I mean. Someone I ought to be jealous of, tho? Eh?" Dhaavan says playfully responding to her attempts at flirting.

Jack's seen this behavior before and rather violently pecks at Dhaavan's head.

"Anyway, I jest want to thank yea. if there's any way i can rep- OW! infernalCalm down yea damn bird!" HE shouts swatting Jack for pecking him again. "Repay yea. I'm a bit o' an artist wit' a needle, if yer inter'sted my services." he continues showing off the Varisian Tattoo on bis shoulder, and a bit of ink he's got along his arm.

GM - about Jack:
Jack's seen Dhaavan get into trouble by being "diplomatic" with the ladies and leading them on etc. Dhaavan's basically learned his lesson, but Jack worries about Dhaavan when he drinks, as he's less responsible about how he treats people when he's intoxicated. So Jack would give Dhaavan a not so subtle warning when he thinks Dhaavan's going to get himself into trouble.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko responds to Horatio, "A shark is not responsible for the sadism of men. If you look for logic you will find little of it here. Men like the Plugg and his Captain are like the Red Mantis; they have no need of logic though they will certainly use it when it is to their benefit. The crew here are not men nor even resources but rather things to be used and discarded at whim of those who have power."

"You clearly have a well-ordered mind believing that everything should follow a rationale process. There is nothing inherently wrong with that but I have never seen a pirate ship operate so. Those who have power use it to satisfy whatever indulgences and whims they may have until someone comes and takes that power away. These whims are like the tides of the Ocean, they come and go but will take you by surprise if you ever come to think you know how they will behave."

"These men bear more open malice than the Ocean but that makes them less clever than they think. They only think of the shark when they can use it as a tool and then quickly forget that it's there. These are men of narrow vision."

Sko glances around. "It is probably not wise to congregate so long together. I'll see if I can discover who the snitches in the crew are." Sko wanders off.

Sko's nightime action is unchanged.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I stretch out my legs in front of me and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water, my eyes lidding somewhat as I lean back and listen to the magic users discuss the vagaries of their spells.

I consider Sko's words as I watch him now leave to busy himself with odd jobs – and no doubt elect to find out who potential allies are, or enemies. I notice that the cheerful Jiro has lapsed into sleepy silence – I presume. Then I look at the elven girl who is studiously ignoring the rest of us for some reason, though I cannot fathom it.

Finally - I observe that once again the last remaining person in our “pressed crew” is avoiding us completely.

Perhaps he has a reason to avoid us? You do not even know his name - he does not talk or interact with you, avoiding you all - even so; perhaps he is a solitary person, not uncommon for those who travel at sea.

I thought of my concern for him when we were in the ship below – his sickness and silence – and now his determination to avoid us.

Or perhaps he does not wish to speak to us for a more cunning reason - something more than a simple desire to refuse to talk.

Very well – if he does not wish to interact with anyone except for the immediate members of the crew of this ship and avoid those of us who have been pressed aboard, I cannot stop him; nor shall I try.

I glance again at the stars, watching them and thinking.

It seems that I have nothing to do now except wait for the next day.

If anyone wants to do some social RP – I’m up for it. Otherwise, I will formally “crash out” and wait for our next potential actions.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I stretch out my legs in front of me and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water, my eyes lidding somewhat as I lean back and listen to the magic users discuss the vagaries of their spells.

Do i need to make a bluff check to hide that we are talking about spells and such? If so I would make one as I am actively trying to keep people in the dark about those abilities. Unless I missed something, please do not verbally IC say anything about my spellcasting abilities. Not trying to sound harsh just trying to keep things IC. Thanks.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro takes note of Variel's success at negotiating the return of his belongings...

Tomorrow I will see this Grok and try to get my own back. I really need my armor and weapons... not to mention other things. I feel naked. Idiot, that's because you half are naked. Tomorrow is another day.

He sits down by Flynn but is quietly contemplative, not unresponsive, just willing to enjoy some quiet time if Flynn is not talkative.

Sorry - watching the finals of the women's individual gymnastics.. so very distracted. Four hours of mostly stuff I'm not interested in to watch 3/4 hour of gymnastics, sigh.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I stretch out my legs in front of me and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water, my eyes lidding somewhat as I lean back and listen to the magic users discuss the vagaries of their spells.

Do i need to make a bluff check to hide that we are talking about spells and such? If so I would make one as I am actively trying to keep people in the dark about those abilities. Unless I missed something, please do not verbally IC say anything about my spellcasting abilities. Not trying to sound harsh just trying to keep things IC. Thanks.

Well - if it matters, you just accepted a book from a known spellcaster - he used magic to burn his way through the ropes, and other spells in front of you - not to mention the fact that he also has the magical bird that flies around him and merges into his body. Then he gave you the book and you two chatted about it for a while.

I'm not sure if it matters much, but personally, I would use the Bluff check - remember; the rest of us tried to speak privately with each other - we used multiple languages, the sun has gone down so it is dark, and we didn't move our lips much when we spoke. Despite all of that - the bad guys could hear us and came over to tell us what's what. I would suppose this is because we tried to solve the issue with social RP - I think that if you want to make sure that other people in the game can't notice something that you actually have to make a formal roll - and it has to succeed. The fact that you and Dhaavan decided to be subtle probably won't matter to the pirates, because you haven't rolled - and until/unless you do roll - I don't think that will matter much - I think the pirates will be able to guess with greater ease what is going on with you - even more than I can.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro takes note of Variel's success at negotiating the return of his belongings...

Tomorrow I will see this Grok and try to get my own back. I really need my armor and weapons... not to mention other things. I feel naked. Idiot, that's because you half are naked. Tomorrow is another day.

He sits down by Flynn but is quietly contemplative, not unresponsive, just willing to enjoy some quiet time if Flynn is not talkative.

Sorry - watching the finals of the women's individual gymnastics.. so very distracted. Four hours of mostly stuff I'm not interested in to watch 3/4 hour of gymnastics, sigh.

I nod pleasantly at Jiro. I would otherwise continue to chat, but the night is growing late, and sleep is tugging heavily at my eyelids.

I feel ready to move to the part of the ship where the bunks are, and then simply rest easy. For now I will watch the stars a moment - and see if the few mates that remain here want to speak or say anything else.

If I hear no other question or thought - I shall go to bed and sleep until the next day - at which point, I suppose I'll do what I can to get my gear back.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Not harsh at all
Bluff check to speak secretly about spellcasting?
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Variel, if you toss a DC 15 bluff check you can convey that you don't want Dhaavan to talk about the book as a simple secret message and even if someone figures out the message, it won't be liek they discovered you're a caster, just that it's rude to read someone's private journal.

All things considered Variel knows about Dhaavan's magic, as do most PCs, but the crew wouldn't have seen much evidence, as they didn't pay much attention to the slashed ropes, and he hasn't used any flashy spells. Although some of the GM Secret rolls may have been spellcraft checks, Dhaavan isn't yet a "Known Spellcaster" but rather someone who gave a book to a guy.


Seijiro Exploration of Area A6 - Middle Deck:
This section is the main cargo hold and is mostly empty except for the pigs I had mentioned earlier. It is also where Owlbear is tied to the foremast in front of a set of steps that lead up to what you suspect are the officers quarters (A4 on the main deck). To the stern are two doors that lead to the Galley and to Grok and Fishguts quarters. Near the galley there is another set of stairs that lead up to the captains quarters but you have heard among the crew that it is locked and trapped. The last things you see are the most impressive. Stored near the mainmast are two light ballistas, what looks like a disassembled light catapult and 12 20 gallon barrels of oil.


Sko wrote:
Nightime Action: Sko will try and busy himself with odd jobs. His main purpose is to find out what work Plugg's cronies do so that, during the day, he can notice if one is nearby. He isn't going to take any chances though. If this gives him the opportunity to talk to others then so much the better. If he doesn't think he can pull it off, he'll go ask Fishgut who they are.

Sko & Fishguts:
He is very drunk by the time you reach him. He and Grok are almost passed out and stumbling down the stairs. When you ask him though he clears for a moment before saying Plugg's hangers on eh? A mean bunch o'cusses they are. Let's see there's Aretta Bansion, Fipps, Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape, Maheem, Slippery Syl, and Narwhal Tate. Can't speak for the others as there are a few more that'd prolly take Scourge and Pluggs side in a fight but not too sure who. With that he goes into his quarters and passes out.

Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
I turn then to Rain and Jiro – curious what they will say on these matters. I know that Rain has some skill in the waters – her opinions on the oceans and rivers will be interesting. As for Jiro – I wonder what the lad would say about such mental freedoms; and I look toward Dhavaan will do or say.

"Dhaavan" is technically on vacation and not to be expected to post more than the bare minimum

"Don't be telling others about what?" Dhaavan asks feigning innocence and obliviousness, then giving her a conspiratorial wink and a friendly smile. He then shuffles off quick-smart to unload his full sack of goodies to pass em out later.

DM only:
1d20 ⇒ 5

1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 8

No one seems to notice you.


Valeros Jaloksin wrote:


Instead he walked over to the large Rahadoumi man sitting off against a wall of the ship. Settling himself down next to him, he simply sat there and appreciated the movement of the ship. Rough day for most of us new fish. You seem a veteran of this vessel. Any tips you think would help me last a little longer?

Night Time Action: Influence action on Maheem.
Diplomacy: 1d20+7

Maheem looks you up and down and says Here's some advice swab. Don't talk to those who don't want to talk back or ye might get a knife in yer gut. With that he smiles with a murderous gleam and pulls his curved belt knife threateningly. You're not sure but you don't think he is up for chatting.

Attitude: Still Hostile


Dhaavan wrote:


Others could hear if they are interested in Dhaaven's conversation with the Quartermaster** spoiler omitted **...

Dhaavan:
Sounds good about Jack. Sorry I haven't played him up much since the beginning. Just lots of NPC's to deal with and feel free to use him any way you want. I may pipe in every now and again to use him as a plot device or just for a bit of fun but ultimately he's yours.

Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I stretch out my legs in front of me and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water, my eyes lidding somewhat as I lean back and listen to the magic users discuss the vagaries of their spells.

Do i need to make a bluff check to hide that we are talking about spells and such? If so I would make one as I am actively trying to keep people in the dark about those abilities. Unless I missed something, please do not verbally IC say anything about my spellcasting abilities. Not trying to sound harsh just trying to keep things IC. Thanks.

Yes please. You and Dhaavan make bluff checks.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)
Dhaavan wrote:

Not harsh at all

Bluff check to speak secretly about spellcasting?
1d20+4
Variel, if you toss a DC 15 bluff check you can convey that you don't want Dhaavan to talk about the book as a simple secret message and even if someone figures out the message, it won't be liek they discovered you're a caster, just that it's rude to read someone's private journal.

Bluff check to send secret message...1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5. Variel tries to get the point across that he doesn't want to talk about his journal or that he wants others to know about the journal. However the rum has him tongue tied on this occasion and his point is missed.

DM Immortal wrote:
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I stretch out my legs in front of me and enjoy the pitch and yaw of the boat in the water, my eyes lidding somewhat as I lean back and listen to the magic users discuss the vagaries of their spells.

Do i need to make a bluff check to hide that we are talking about spells and such? If so I would make one as I am actively trying to keep people in the dark about those abilities. Unless I missed something, please do not verbally IC say anything about my spellcasting abilities. Not trying to sound harsh just trying to keep things IC. Thanks.
Yes please. You and Dhaavan make bluff checks.

Bluff check to have others not know what we are actually talking about...1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 his attempt to have others not understand the conversation between him and Dhaavan is a little better. Hopefully the distraction of the others around them keeps the conversation from being truly understood.

By this time the rum is taking its full effect. With a goodnight to Rosie, Rain, and others Variel will head to bed. Sleeping off the effects of the rum does wonders for him as he wakes up without any repercussions or hangover. There is still a foul taste in his mouth but that will pass in time.

Finding a quiet corner Variel will attempt to read his journal without the prying eyes of everyone else. Stealth check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 His efforts are somewhat successful he thinks but is too busy absorbed in his studies to know for sure. Spells updated in profile.


You all perform your various actions during the night without too much difficulty. Waking up in the morning you go about getting yourselves ready for the day. Mere seconds after the bell tolls to summon the crew up on deck, a group of Plugg and Scourges lackeys block your path. They have no weapons drawn but look very pleased with themselves.

A dwarf with a cruel look to him that you recognize as Narwhal Tate says What's yer hurry there c+@&s? We just thought we'd have a little chat. He smiles a very ugly smile, he is missing quite a few teeth and the ones he has are broken and yellowed. You see there is a certain order to things around here and Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge just want to make sure you understand that order.

You notice a couple of other sailors loitering on the stairs for a moment before shaking their heads and heading up on deck. Sandara looks at you worriedly from the stairs before saying It's three lashes if yer late on deck.

Tate turns his head a bit while keeping his eyes on you and says Shut up b#@$#! She throws you all an apologetic look before heading up the stairs.

He turns back around and punches his hand a few times before saying So...school's in session.

Initiative:

Seijiro1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Horatio1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Dhaavan1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Rain1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Valeros1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Variel1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sko1d20 ⇒ 11

Narwhal Tate1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Slippery Syl1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Arreta Bansion1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Fipps Chumlett1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Jaundiced Jape1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Maheem1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

So Clumped initiatives:
Group 1 - Narwhal, Syl, Fipps

Group 2 - Horatio, Variel, Sko

Group 3 - Arreta, Jape, Maheem

Group 4 - Rain, Valeros, Dhaavan, Seijiro

Remember when your "Clump" comes up you can post in any order within that clump.

Please position yourselves on the map and we can get our first fight started! :-)

Battle of the Bilge Rats Map!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My eyes narrow coldly at what I see before me and my hand drops absently to where my pistol would lay - or my rapier - or really anything else of use.

Finding nothing, though - I growl.

I call out something almost instinctively as a "Free Action",

and tense my fists for a fight.

Based on the narrow confines of the hold - I think at least some of my mates can get behind me - but with the overly weak and sickened condition that the "rum" has left me in still - I do not know what I can do at this time.

At the least - I intend to give a good showing, though.

I'll post actions when I know where everyone else is.


Horatio Flynn wrote:

My eyes narrow coldly at what I see before me and my hand drops absently to where my pistol would lay - or my rapier - or really anything else of use.

Finding nothing, though - I growl.

I call out something almost instinctively as a "Free Action", ** spoiler omitted ** and tense my fists for a fight.

Based on the narrow confines of the hold - I think at least some of my mates can get behind me - but with the overly weak and sickened condition that the "rum" has left me in still - I do not know what I can do at this time.

At the least - I intend to give a good showing, though.

I'll post actions when I know where everyone else is.

Awesome! But don't post actions until I call for your group so that we can keep a semblance of order lol. Thank you for the positioning though.


Ok I went ahead and put everyone on the board. I tried to take your character into account when placing and I hope I got it right where you would like to go.

Round 1

Narwhal, Slippery Syl, and Fipps charge forward fists flying. I love alliteration ;-) Narwhal, goes right for the growling Horatio while Syl goes for Valeros and Fipps, being a chauvinist pig in addition to looking like a literal pig, goes for Rain.

Narwhal swings wildly at Horatio's jaw, growling back at him.

Unarmed Strike

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Nonlethal

------------------------------------------------------------------

Syl attacks the Gillman, Valeros, yelling obscenities about him smelling like fish.

Unarmed Strike

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Nonlethal

------------------------------------------------------------------

Fipps smiles as he moves to punch Rain saying Sorry to mess up yer face hon but I'll still love ye all the same.

Unarmed Strike

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Damage

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Nonlethal

------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember you are flat footed until your turn.

Valeros and Horatio both take 4 points of Nonlethal damage which should put them at 9 HP for Valeros currently and 5 HP for Horatio currently (the 5 HP is because you are currently at 9 HP max due to the constitution loss Horatio.)


Group 2 - Horatio, Variel, and Sko's Turn


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Growling, I throw a quick punch at Narwwal...

Punch -
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Quick Question - I am out right now and I don't know what the penalty is, if any, for making an unarmed strike without profiency. Please udjust my roll if necessary and as needed.

IF I hit -
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


FYI, All characters are proficient with Unarmed Strikes but in order to do lethal without a -4 penalty and to be considered armed for the purposes of AoO's, you need the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.

You nail Narwhal with a solid hit to the jaw.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

The indignity of it. Attacking a woman for no reason and without provocation. We'll settle this soon enough. With these thoughts running through his head, Variel channels some of the magic contained within himself. Feeling the magic flow into his fists he steps into a blow meant to level the coward in front of Rain.

Dont know your interpretation of weapon for arcane pool ability. Trying to have it affect and enhance my fists.

Swift action to use arcane pool
Standard to attack Narwal Tate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
5ft step up.
No move action.


From what I just read in a quick search and my own interpretation, yes you COULD do that...if you had the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.

Variel steps forward to defend his new allies and slams Narwhal in the side of his rock hard head with a mighty punch. Though it rocked him for a second he is still up.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Good to know for the future. Might have to consider improved unarmed strike now just for that reason.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Good to know for the future. Might have to consider improved unarmed strike now just for that reason.

If your wisdom was just a tiny bit higher, it might even be useful to pick up a level in "Monk", as it would cover a lot of those bases. But that was just a suggestion - either way you slice it, I hope we kick these guys butts! Good hunting - and good thinking with your Arcane Pool!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

So i'm not us for a while... But i did toss a bluff check for the spellcasting thing

Is there any way to hide spell-casting so they don't know it was me? If I want to summon something like a seagull to attack them, but don't really want them to realize that it was me that did it? What sort of rolls would be necessary?

And Dhaavan would realize if one of his Charm Person's went through or failed, right?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

I could be wrong, but I think to hide spellcasting you need still spell and silent spell feats... otherwise, the somatic and verbal components are pretty obvious.

201 to 250 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.