Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


2,401 to 2,450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Seijiro wrote:
"I'm still good to go, I'm not tired." While his drooping lids and the circles under his eyes belie that statement, he does his best to keep his voice chipper and upbeat.

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+2 (pre-levelling)

Rain senses a general tiredness in her red-haired eastern pressed mate, and not to draw attention to it, since he seemed to be attempting to downplay it, she announces to the whole group, "We will continue following the river for another hour and then depending on where we have arrived and what we've discovered we shall rest."

Edit
Hearing the strange language spoken again between Flynn and Dhaavan, Rain's brow furrows in confusion and frustration.

In a gentle, albeit firm voice, using the Common tongue she speaks, "Speaking a language that the majority of us cannot understand does not sit well with me, gentlemen. If you must say something then do so in Common, unless there are undesired ears about. I would see us come together as a group and not be further divided by a language barrier."

I turn a dull look to Rain, my head hurting; my eyes flicking between her and Variel.

I start to say something, but realize that it would be pointless. My eyes look a little frustrated, as I decide what to say instead.

”Begging your pardon ma’am – but as I see it – there were “undesired ears” about,” I say slowly and eventually. ”That’s why I used that langue – because I didn’t want anyone else to know what I was saying to Dhaavan.”

”If I did – than I’d have used Common.”

I check the priming on my pistol to make sure it’s in good condition, as my eyes look over the trees.

”If you want me to translate it – I will… but I promise that it won’t do much to help relations,” I add, my voice weary.

”On the other hand, I guess we could just move out. Just say the word, though, I’ll do what you want – either way.”


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro sighs and nods... "Flynn-san, sore o nantomo omowanai," then realizing Flynn likely didn't understand a word of what he said, he bows and says in common, "It is already forgotten. But you really do need to learn to hold your temper, FLynn-san. Gomenasai for making you angry, but you do go on and on about fair split, and I just wanted you to know I am just carrying this for us all to split equally later. I do like shiny things, but I don't steal from my mates." He does manage to look a little offended at even the idea that he would.

"Rain-san wants us to push on for another hour at least... let's walk and not speak of this again. As I said, it is forgotten."

"Arigato Jiro-san," I respond tiredly.

Hearing his other words, I raise my hand a bit.

"Slow down a piece lad - I can't understand all of it at once - I only know a few words and phrases, savvy?" I add, but my manner is lighter.

"You were on the bounce during the fight - your knives did a lot to save me... I appreciate it. You acted like a mate - you had honor - you had courage - and even though we had our differences, you put it aside to step up and help me out in the pinch there... I should add that such action is an honor to your family and your blood," I say with a nod.

"Anyhow - I agree - we ought get away from this filth - the river should lead us eventually to the plains south - and if we tack west it puts us right at the base of those cliffs - depending on the time, it may be a good place to set up for camp - or not... We'd have our backs to a cliff wall, that's some shelter I guess, and it'd be out from the tree branches and swamps."

"Of course - that's just my opinion," I add.

"But I reckon when we do stop - any that got in that fight ought be looked over... wounds can fester - and diseases can spread," I add, thinking of the plague.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I turn a dull look to Rain, my head hurting; my eyes flicking between her and Variel.

I start to say something, but realize that it would be pointless. My eyes look a little frustrated, as I decide what to say instead.

”Begging your pardon ma’am – but as I see it – there were “undesired ears” about,” I say slowly and eventually. ”That’s why I used that language – because I didn’t want anyone else to know what I was saying to Dhaavan.”

”If I did – then I’d have used Common.”

I check the priming on my pistol to make sure it’s in good condition, as my eyes look over the trees.

”If you want me to translate it – I will… but I promise that it won’t do much to help relations,” I add, my voice weary.

”On the other hand, I guess we could just move out. Just say the word, though, I’ll do what you want – either way.”

Rain sees the look Flynn directs at her and then Variel. And still this is an issue...

"Aye, we move out. And I do not require you to translate the private words betwixt you and Dhaavan. I am telling you that it needs to stop from this point onward, and I am not asking, Flynn. The bickering and accusations between members of this party, they are tiresome and unproductive. I am not laying blame entirely at one person's feet, so do not give me another look. I say this to all - Find a way to work together."

And desiring to add something else, she turns to Flynn once more, "I know you were injured as was Dhaavan. I want to put some distance between this place and us. When we stop again in an hour, wounds can be examined and tended properly. I hope that will allay some of your concern regarding disease."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM: saving fr disease happens at the onset right? so how does it work to toss a heal check to diagnos and such before the onset?
2) and do we take the damage after te save regardless of passing, cause it takes 2 saves?
3) can you give a summary of how disease works actually?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

GM: saving fr disease happens at the onset right? so how does it work to toss a heal check to diagnos and such before the onset?

2) and do we take the damage after te save regardless of passing, cause it takes 2 saves?
3) can you give a summary of how disease works actually?

While I'm not the GM - I figured I'd say: Remember - the majority of my character's determination at to assist you are social RP...


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I turn a dull look to Rain, my head hurting; my eyes flicking between her and Variel.

I start to say something, but realize that it would be pointless. My eyes look a little frustrated, as I decide what to say instead.

”Begging your pardon ma’am – but as I see it – there were “undesired ears” about,” I say slowly and eventually. ”That’s why I used that language – because I didn’t want anyone else to know what I was saying to Dhaavan.”

”If I did – then I’d have used Common.”

I check the priming on my pistol to make sure it’s in good condition, as my eyes look over the trees.

”If you want me to translate it – I will… but I promise that it won’t do much to help relations,” I add, my voice weary.

”On the other hand, I guess we could just move out. Just say the word, though, I’ll do what you want – either way.”

Rain sees the look Flynn directs at her and then Variel. And still this is an issue...

"Aye, we move out. And I do not require you to translate the private words betwixt you and Dhaavan. I am telling you that it needs to stop from this point onward, and I am not asking, Flynn. The bickering and accusations between members of this party, they are tiresome and unproductive. I am not laying blame entirely at one person's feet, so do not give me another look. I say this to all - Find a way to work together."

And desiring to add something else, she turns to Flynn once more, "I know you were injured as was Dhaavan. I want to put some distance between this place and us. When we stop again in an hour, wounds can be examined and tended properly. I hope that will allay some of your concern regarding disease."

"Oh don't worry about it, ma'am," I say very clearly, understanding her very well "yeah - see, I got that all figured out. I don't think there's any reason to worry, cause I don't think it'll happen again - that is, the part about bickering, insults, or any of that... Hell, I agree completely - that ends now."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro hears Flynn's response to Rain and scowls briefly, then shrugs. Somehow Flynn makes that sound more sinister than cooperative. as if Variel is the only one responsible and somehow Flynn can force the issue closed. I hope I'm reading his tone wrong.

He looks from Flynn to Variel and simply shakes his head, the scowl disappearing as he lets go his worries. Not my issue really, I hope they settle this soon, they are like dogs fighting over territory, neither one willing to give an inch.


As you all move down the river the swamp and jungle eases a bit but you are all still extremely tired from the fight and the lack of sleep. After another hour you just are able to make it out of the swamp and the jungle begins to thin. You are still in mostly forested area but it is not as deep and dark as the jungle was.

Current Location

Fatigue Checks DC 12 Constitution Check:
Rain1d20 ⇒ 11 1d6 ⇒ 4 Nonlethal
Seijiro1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 1d6 ⇒ 5 Nonlethal
Horatio1d20 ⇒ 6 1d6 ⇒ 6 Nonlethal
Variel1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 1d6 ⇒ 1 Nonlethal
Valeros1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 1d6 ⇒ 5 Nonlethal
Sko1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dhaavan1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 1d6 ⇒ 1 Nonlethal

It is now approximately 4pm and everyone except Sko is getting extremely tired.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

As they continue to walk the trail, Sko stops and put a hand on a tree and gazes behind him just to double-check that nothing is following. Suddenly, his head starts to swim and his vision goes black.

The water is cool against its skin. Though there is no light, the scent of thousands upon thousands of sharks swimming through unfathomable depths blots out almost everything else. The sharks all swim around another shark so immense that its scent vanishes both far ahead and far behind. This is as it should be though. All swim in one direction. The destination is unknowable but it is the right direction nevertheless. The swim continues for time unknowable for time means nothing here. Though there is no fear, there is discontent. Unintelligable whispers fill the minds of all; whispers filled with malicious and threatening intent. The source of the whispers hates the unearthly sized shark and the thousands upon thousands who swim around it. The whispers slowly become understandable but then the threat is among them. The Shark has been attacked and blood is in the water. All thoughts vanish as the sharks rush to tear and rend at this threat, a threat the whispers call Dagon...

Sko snaps back to himself. He experiences a moment of vertigo before shaking his head and righting himself. He turns back up the trail following the rest of the group.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Despite his brave words about not being tired yet, Seijiro begins to move slower and with difficulty as the party moves out of the swamp. He doesn't complain, but starts breathing heavily and sweating from the strain of keeping on his feet. He stumbles from time to time and it's obvious his strength is flagging. He bites his lip and perseveres, but barely keeps up with the others.

I hope we get to rest soon... I'm SO tired, but I won't be the first to admit it. I WILL keep up with the others until Rain calls a halt. But all I want is to sit down and fall asleep right now.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I remove the wrap from my face a moment, and take a draught from my waterskin. I can smell the salt tang in the air, and I know we're close to the sea, and roll my shoulders a moment.

Then, as we stopped for a bit, I take a moment to snack on some salt pork and hard tack that I brought with me for this little journey.

Feeling somewhat more refreshed, though just as tired, I wipe my mouth, refasten the cloth wrap around my face, and consider things for a moment as I glance through the trees.

"By my count, if we pushed down for another furlong we'd be out of the woods and on open plains, I think."

"From the cliffs back yonder," I add, jerking my thumb behind me "I seem to remember some kind of cut through the grasses... It could be a stream; it may have been a track or even a path... hell if I know."

"But anyway - if we follow that down for about a two miles, we hit a "fork in the road" - if road it is, and we can tack west toward the hills and those wooden walls we saw."

"If we tack west there - it looks like the whole trip to those walls Jiro-san spotted is about three miles total; and shouldn't take more than an hour."

"Of course, that don't allow for bad country - we didn't really get a good view of the turf - there could be a lot of broken rocks to pick through and so on. On the other hand, it could be a fairly easy trek - god's if I know."

"But by my count I reckon we got one - maybe two hours at most to get to the walled place. It might be stiff going - but when we get there, if we get there, it seems like a good place to set up camp for the night."

"But I'd rather be behind walls than not when night comes, if there are walls there. Anyhow - likely anything on this island already knows we're coming when I fired the shot earlier - but maybe not."

"Well, what do you all want to do? I know it's a pain in the ass, but I'd rather push on to the walled place, first. It may have some cover, and hell... if we do sack out - I'd rather do it out of this jungle than in it. I like the idea something sturdy between me and whatever's out there - though I reckon that assumes that those walls are sturdy in the first place, and nothing else is hiding out there, neither... but either way, I don't reckon it will do us any good to try to sleep if we get attacked in the night; and betting on walls to camp behind seems better than just sleeping on the plains... but anyhow."

"Well, you make the call, eh?" I say wearily to the group, not really caring who answers; my muscles feeling fatigued by the hike and the jungle - I attribute this to the use of the extra wrappings to prevent from any bites from mosquitos, black flies, or any other insect that could spread disease.

But despite the heat and fatigue that the wraps are causing - I figure that's worth it if I don't get diseased.

Current HP:

15 Maximum
14 total - 6 non-lethal = 8

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Aye Rain, I hear you. Just didn't want Dhaavan to take the heat for what is 'clearly my fault' here. As for moving on, let's get out of the swamp completely before we rest. Even if it takes a little longer it might be safer and the rest more beneficial.

Even though Variel expresses this sentiment, you can see that the work is getting to him. The next leg of the journey weighs heavily on him and the effort is taking its toll.

Damage so far...:
4 nonlethal and 3 Lethal


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

Despite his brave words about not being tired yet, Seijiro begins to move slower and with difficulty as the party moves out of the swamp. He doesn't complain, but starts breathing heavily and sweating from the strain of keeping on his feet. He stumbles from time to time and it's obvious his strength is flagging. He bites his lip and perseveres, but barely keeps up with the others.

I hope we get to rest soon... I'm SO tired, but I won't be the first to admit it. I WILL keep up with the others until Rain calls a halt. But all I want is to sit down and fall asleep right now.

Seeing Jiro's shoulders drooping, I reach into my pouch again...

"Oye, lad - you hungry? I got some grub, if you want a bit," I ask him.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

While trudging through the swamp:
Dhaavan pushes himself and steps away from Flynn to take pace with Rain and speaks privately in Aquan.

Aquan:
"Rain, sorry about the strange language, but Flynn were apologizin ta me, and lettin me why he was so... disagreeable. Seemed bothered by Variel's, but didn't want to cal 'im out and cause dissent. So i know yea don't like us talkin' in private like that, he were just trying to avoid arguement, which is an improvement."

Also while walking:
Dhaavan asks Sejiro, "Since nobody seemed ta want it, I'd like ta grab that nice blade we found, at least for a bit till we get back. Nobody's usin it and I'll toss it back into the pot when it comes time to divide the loot."
Dhaavan'll put his dagger onto his belt, and load the MWK dagger into his wrist sheath, if nobody has any complaints.

Getting to the edge of the swamp, Dhaavan agrees with Flynn "Yea, lets try get ourselves down to the walls we found. Hopefully it ain't infested with some form o beasties or another, but when we get closer we can look ta see it it's abandoned, otherwise we can set up a camp somewheres else. Just not looking forward to havin ta take watches and such, but i doubt we'll find anywhere's safe to sleep without needin somebody up at all times," the sorcerer grumbles, never having been much of a fan of keeping watch.

Current HP:
Total=12 (going to 17 in the morning)
3 lethal, 1 non-lethal


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro shakes his head negatively and wearily to Flynn... "I'm not hungry... but thanks... just... a little further, yes?"

When Dhaavan comes up to him, he nods slowly and reaches back into the pack and is surprised when the first thing he grabs is the finely crafted dagger. He hands it over to Dhaavan readily. "I'm sure you'll make good use of it, perhaps you'll even decide you want it when we make the final split."

status:
15/16 hp


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain is feeling the tiredness creep into her bones and muscles and she rubs at the place behind her neck. She listens to Flynn and Dhaavan elect to keep walking on toward the wall. Okay, we've already been walking for an hour. According to Flynn's calculations in his postings the wall is another one or two hours walk. Is this doable with everyone's (except for Sko) current fatigued condition? It's a long way to try to get to after an already hard one hour walk.

"I am all for having a solid barrier between me and a predator but can the group continue another hour or two to the wall? I will not push people past exhaustion to get to a wall which may or may not provide shelter or protection."

Current HP:

16 - 4 non-lethal = 12/16 HP


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

status:
corrected: 9/16 (6 pts are non-lethal)

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

I don't know about this wall, but just getting out of the swamp is good enough for me. Variel nods his head forward to keep moving as likely if they stop to talk he will collapse and not want to get up again. Just got to keep one foot moving after the other. Once out then rest... Keep going...one more step...then another...


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
DM Immortal wrote:

As you all move down the river the swamp and jungle eases a bit but you are all still extremely tired from the fight and the lack of sleep. After another hour you just are able to make it out of the swamp and the jungle begins to thin. You are still in mostly forested area but it is not as deep and dark as the jungle was.

Current Location

It is now approximately 4pm and everyone except Sko is getting extremely tired.

I thought we had just gotten out of the swamp and are currently standing in a forested area from the GM's description above.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

We are at the forest right now, and have a trek we can make to get to the wall. Not sure if we can see it from here but it looks like there's a thing two and a half miles down the river that i think is the palacade Flynn was talking about.

"Jack, go fly out of this forest and up and see what's around, some kind fo place to stay yeah? Fly south and let me know where the river comes goes and what it would it take to get to that wall yea found alright?"

Jack's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain is feeling the tiredness creep into her bones and muscles and she rubs at the place behind her neck. She listens to Flynn and Dhaavan elect to keep walking on toward the wall. Okay, we've already been walking for an hour. According to Flynn's calculations in his postings the wall is another one or two hours walk. Is this doable with everyone's (except for Sko) current fatigued condition? It's a long way to try to get to after an already hard one hour walk.

"I am all for having a solid barrier between me and a predator but can the group continue another hour or two to the wall? I will not push people past exhaustion to get to a wall which may or may not provide shelter or protection."

** spoiler omitted **

"Begging your pardon, ma'am - but as I said, we can probably handle three miles in about one hour - it may take more, if the turf is bad. I don't think it will be too bad off for a good chunk of it - but I'd don't know - that's just a guess."

"Since all we really want to do is get a bite on how snarly the terrain might be - maybe Dhaavan will send out Jackie to check it out. I reckon he fly around in a low circle for at least mile radius of us to scout what the terrain looks like - even if he can't see hard details."

"But if we get out of the jungle into the open and decide to crash - which seems tempting to me - we just lay there in the middle of the grass with no cover; not just no protection, but we'll stand out on green grass pretty easy, I reckon, for anything looking for a late night snack."

"As for those rocks in the west? If that walled thing was built on 'em - there may be a path leading to it nice and easy - in fact, I thought I saw one in the distance."

"On the other hand, that may not be a path - it may be stream. In fact, that thing that looks like a path may be some kind of stream running down the hills right across the plain - and smack into the ocean."

"That'd mean that if there was something built up there, there might be a lagoon, or a small spring - or something like that; a good place to put a watchtower - or a camp, or anything like that."

"Because of course, if there was something like that on the island - a stream or something - anybody could have guessed that it would have run down to the beach - as streams often do - and that if we had just walked the beach, we could find that stream pretty easy, then follow it up - away from the coast where the water is saltier - to the source of the stream - and get some fresh water." I add somewhat dryly.

Then, my eyes narrow, and I consider something else.

"But here's another thought to brighten our little day - assuming that has a place to get water fresh, how are we planning on legging it all the way back to the boat? Hell, we had to hop over wooden stakes in the river, and leg it through a swamp - how are we going to carry a huge keg of water back to our boat? Never mind the size of the keg - a gallon of water is eight pounds. Even at half a gallon a day - we got nearly twenty lads on the boat - that's eighty pounds of water to carry in that cask for a total of one day; we'll likely need more - which means we'll need to make more than one trip - makes things tricky to get it back to our boat."

"Well, anyhow - you know my thoughts on the matter - I'll leave it up to you. Just let me know your orders on it," I conclude.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dhaavan!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
DM Immortal wrote:

As you all move down the river the swamp and jungle eases a bit but you are all still extremely tired from the fight and the lack of sleep. After another hour you just are able to make it out of the swamp and the jungle begins to thin. You are still in mostly forested area but it is not as deep and dark as the jungle was.

Current Location

It is now approximately 4pm and everyone except Sko is getting extremely tired.

I thought we had just gotten out of the swamp and are currently standing in a forested area from the GM's description above.

Pretty much - if you "refresh" the map, you'll see we've moved forward a bit; we're nearly out, but just on the edge... so it's kind of a gray area; less swamp, still jungle, though.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Flynn, I have already looked at the new map and have seen our position. Thanks. The DM said it is not as deep and dark as the jungle so I'm presuming it's thick-ish forest at best.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Lets wait till Jack gets back here with some information, and we get out of the thick of the trees. We can make camp near the treeline at the edge of the planes if we're too beat to hoof it all the way to some camp, or if something's living there."

GM We have 4 barrels that we got to fill up, right? How heavy are they going to be once full?


Correct, you are no longer in swamp and the jungle has thinned out considerably. Now you are walking through what would be called a lush tropical forest as opposed to heavy jungle. Basically it is much easier to walk through. Remember though that though the walled camp is about 2-3 miles as the crow flies it is in forest on the top of a ridge so you suspect it is a bit further than 2-3 miles due to the terrain. You will probably break through the forest in about another 30 minutes or so of walking.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
DM Immortal wrote:
Correct, you are no longer in swamp and the jungle has thinned out considerably. Now you are walking through what would be called a lush tropical forest as opposed to heavy jungle. Basically it is much easier to walk through. Remember though that though the walled camp is about 2-3 miles as the crow flies it is in forest on the top of a ridge so you suspect it is a bit further than 2-3 miles due to the terrain. You will probably break through the forest in about another 30 minutes or so of walking.

Thank you for the clarification, DM.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Dhaavan wrote:

"Lets wait till Jack gets back here with some information, and we get out of the thick of the trees. We can make camp near the treeline at the edge of the planes if we're too beat to hoof it all the way to some camp, or if something's living there."

GM We have 4 barrels that we got to fill up, right? How heavy are they going to be once full?

Rain nods toward Dhaavan, in agreement with his suggestion. She scans the horizon for a moment, hoping Jack flies back sooner rather than later.

Rain keeps watch.


Each barrel is 50 lbs or so when filled.

Jack flies off and comes back in a few minutes with some info.

He reports that at present pace you will leave the forest in about 30 minutes once out you will be on grassy rolling low hills that are not too difficult to navigate. He also sees what he thinks is an old path through them which leads to the base of the ridge and then looks like it starts a series of switchbacks to the top.


Oh also, he says that he sees a series of overgrown corn fields and near the path is a sandy beach that is covered in small blue and red crab.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Upon hearing of the overgrown corn fields and small blue and red crabs, Rain takes time to consider the information and asks Jack the Thrush if there was anything unusual about the crabs from what he could see.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Knowledge, Nature (re crabs): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 I don't think this roll will tell/reveal us much ...


Not that I bloody saw. The things just looked like crab...crabs...crab... He looks over at Dhaavan and says What's the plural of crab in the common tongue? I hate this language. Infernal is so much more fun.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"Well - that's an easy fix. We stay the hell away from the beach and those crabs."

"They're down near a cornfield? Good - that means we're likely on the right track. Corn is domesticated crop - likely it was planted recently. By all the signs it's likely it was probably planted last fall, maybe... maybe earlier... But we got no reason to eat corn, or hob-nob with crabs; be they red or blue. But if folk made the field - chances are they made whatever's on the rocks - which means they're likely connected."

"Anyhow - thanks for the news Jackie boy! If there really is a path - we can just walk it right up to that wall thing, no problem - and hell, it will probably be fast - maybe faster than an even an hour." I say with relief.

"Wonder what kind of crabs those things are," I muse to myself.

Knowledge Nature roll on crabs
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Well than - you want to just hit the path and head on up? We could get there fast, I reckon," I ask anyone.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Giving Flynn a confused look, somewhat skeptical, "Mate, that's still a few miles; miles up a hill. With switchbacks going up the ridge. I doubt we can manage that kind of climb in only an hour. It'll likely take at least two to get far as the cornfield, and trekking up the hill won't be a simple jog either."

"Plus, time spend walking now means we get a later start in the morning. We could try to push to the fork in the road and find shelter in the hills so we can go to the beach or the hill first thing in the morning. Just a question of what's safer in terms of camping."

If you look at our map, then we are right near the end of the forest. The path goes about 2 miles south through the hills to the fork, and the field is right there. Then the path goes west to the fort on the hill. We can camp anywhere along the way.

"What kind of camping gear do we got right now? Cause I got nothin..."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

Giving Flynn a confused look, somewhat skeptical, "Mate, that's still a few miles; miles up a hill. With switchbacks going up the ridge. I doubt we can manage that kind of climb in only an hour. It'll likely take at least two to get far as the cornfield, and trekking up the hill won't be a simple jog either."

"Plus, time spend walking now means we get a later start in the morning. We could try to push to the fork in the road and find shelter in the hills so we can go to the beach or the hill first thing in the morning. Just a question of what's safer in terms of camping."

If you look at our map, then we are right near the end of the forest. The road goes about 2 miles south through the hills to the fork, and the field is right there. Then it goes west to the fort on the hill. We can camp anywhere along the way.

"What kind of camping gear do we got right now? Cause I got nothin..."

I return the look, equally confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's maybe two miles to the fork in the road - assuming we were taking the road all the way down to that cornfield - no thanks."

"We make a straight cut for the base of the hills - it's faster - open grass, no trail - but less distance. But even if we took it straight to that "fork in the road" - as were, then we tacked back north west, that's still be - at most - four miles on a trail."

"Hell - even at slow going - we could be there by 6:00 in the evening - at the latest. Sure it's not fun to walk the distance - but, damn - you want to go camp on the beach when we already got two folk pinched by creatures that came out of the water... don't that seem a wee bit risky to you?"

Overland on plains or trail is the same - 3 miles an hour. When we hit the mountain, depending on how "hilly" it is - that time is reduced to 3/4 - or roughly - 2 miles in an hour. As there is either 3 or 4 miles - depending on what route we take to get to the base of the hills/mountains - that means we get to the base in about 1 hour to 1.333 hours. Once we get there - if standard rules apply and there is a trail leading up - from the base of the mountain to the "walled place" is only one more mile. Since we can go 2 miles an hour on mountains - we're looking at - all told - no more than 30 minutes to get to the top of the mountain - plus an additional (at most) 1 hour and 20 minutes to the base of the mountain - yeah; it looks like a little under two hours to get 4 miles; which is what I suggested earlier.

As it is 4:00 PM now - and the month is now Arodus/August - it is reasonable to expect that sunset is not until at least 8:00 PM - which suggests we could get there at 6 - at the latest, baring a mishap - and have 2 extra hours until sunset.

Yes - I looked in "the book" for this information and I posted it on the board. I don't think that's a problem though - as this only a rules clarification. If it is - I apologize.


That's if you are going straight up the mountain. Switchbacks add almost triple the actual distance traveled. You are looking at a good 7-8 miles or so of total walking when you factor in the switchbacks combined with the walk over to the base of the ridge.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"You just said we could make it to the wall thing that's up on the ridge in an hour. But it's up the ridge and there's switchbacks, so there's no way we make it to the wall that quick. Maybe we can get to the base of the ridge, but not to the wall, up at the top." Shrugging Dhaavan says, "Guess I misunderstood."

Once again pinching the bridge of his nose in the style he learned from a little man through the travels of his youth, Dhaavan says, "I'm not suggesting we camp on the beach, just talking out options Flynn. Did not say we camp on the beach in the open... Said find shelter alright?"

so where do we want to camp?
We camp in the wood, in the rolling hills/planes (green area)?
at the base of the ridge?
or try to get to the fort?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I hear Dhaavan's comments, and wipe my hand over my face, then count to ten slowly in my head.

"You know what? I give up," I finally say.

"What the hell do I know - all I know is there is some kind of path, and from the point we looked it at it looked pretty damn straight to me."

"Sorry for snapping at you Dhaavan - but I'm worn out. But it's fine; you're right, no worries. Meantime, I'll keep my mouth shut and my suggestions to myself - ya'll decide what to do, and like I said, I'll just tag along until I can offer something useful."

At this point, while the party decides what to do - I remove my face wrap and my shaking hands pull out a cheroot which I light.

Gods damn I needed that, I think, as I take a long draw on the tobacco.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Listening to Flynn and dhaavango back and forth, Variel tiredly adds his opinion. If it's any consolation to you, sleeping near the beach sounds like a good idea. Not only are there crabs we can capture to eat, but the open area will give those on watch a clearer field of vision to see. If not that option then definitely before we start climbing. I don't think anyone is in any condition to go climbing right now.

Vote for beach and food, followed by a close second of any area that is deemed safe and open for clear line of sight for those on watch.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Resting now sounds like a good idea.. for those who need it." Seijiro tries to put on a brave smile, like he could go on, but he sinks to the ground and sits cross-legged, while he waits for a decision to be made. By the expression on his face, he is grateful for the moment's respite and his lids half-close and he fights to keep them open even half-way.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I start to mention the point I brought up earlier - if there was aquatic monsters on this island that attacked our ship - a ship still in the water... Wouldn't we want to sleep far away from the beach as possible?

What if they came back? And if we cooked crabs - wouldn't the fire draw attention? You can't eat crabs raw... you could get a disease!

I chuckle a little at how ridiculous that sounds - worrying about a raw crab.

Meantime, if we slept at 5:00 PM for a good 8 hours - we'd be waking up at 2:00 in the morning... right in the middle of the night... That'd make things a hell of a problem, I figure, if we want to find things... Then we are awake until dawn, and tired when by mid-afternoon the next day - just in time to get back to Plugg and hear his nonsense about why we took so long.

Assuming he's even still there...

But I don't say anything, instead I just smoke.

They'll get it figured out, don't stress about it. Everything will be real fine... Just be patient - and when you get your orders follow them directly.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain listens to the to and fro of conversation. There is some validity in each suggestion and she ponders her thoughts privately for a minute or two.

Looking at the males of her group, she offers, "We attempt to walk to the base of the ridge and no further this day. The ridge offers some protection from the elements and open plains. We still have sight before us and to the side. If aerial views are necessary, we have Jack the Trush who can take to the sky and warn us if any above on the ridge try to shoot down upon us. The beach sounds refreshing however Flynn has a point in regard to the Grindylow. They have the advantage being they easily dwell in the ocean and can drag us in before we even raise the alarm."

Seeing Jiro sitting cross-legged on the ground, Rain nods and then looks around to all the faces, "I know we are all tired, and it has been a very long and eventful day. But it is only a few miles at best. Then we can make camp and set up a night watch schedule. Come, let us not waste any more daylight and continue while we are able. Just one foot in front of the other."

Rain turns and scans the ridge in the distance. "Let's walk on in the order we previously held through the marshes. Variel, Flynn, in front with me, please. Sko, you take the rear."

If the group agree and we begin walking, Rain will quietly speak to the group again.

"I carry no tent or outdoor gear. However, I do have rope as does Flynn I believe. Those of us who can manage will collect large leaves, branches and grasses and together with the rope will construct a makeshift hut. Those who sleep can bundle together sharing blankets and body heat. Those who require sleep for their magic to be renewed and effective come morning will not have to take watch during the night." Turning to the magic users among her party, "Have you any spells remaining to aid us in guarding our camp tonight? I am unsure of what you can conjure."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

While they walk toward the foot of the ridge, Dhaavan speaks to Rain, and the group about watch. "I got no spells what are good for watch, but I have done some travelin and not through good roads. Way we used to do watches is have them what need to meditate for a while either start or end the watch, right? Then the rest of the caravan can sleep and get the shifts along the night so them what are meditating don't ge trying to lookout while doin' their magic thing."

"When we travel hard, we only want to stay in one place as little as possible but get a good night asleep. Figure everybody needs about 8 hours out, and every hour someone has to watch is another hour that we got to wait to move out. Sko and Variel's the only ones that take a while to get their magic going, so if they don't take a shift, the time we're sleepin gets split up between the rest of us, so figure 8 hours on top of a watch shift and yea got..." Dhaavan runs some numbers in his head for a moment, remembering his old caravan tricks, "Yup, the five of us take 2 hour shifts, and 8 hours sleep, then we all rested and ready in ten hours."

Dhaavan thinks a moment "But if we here that long, and the others don't mind, they could take an hour each, and if, say you or Jiro take a two hour shift, then the rest o' us can take hour and a half shifts, and have time to do our meditatin' before we gotta set out, while the other take their time preparin."

"See Sko takes first shift for an hour, you or Jiro grab the next hour, and the other four of us grab an hour and a half. That makes eight hours and the elf's all rested up. After his hour he gets Sko and whoever took the hour shift so they can prepare, and somebody is payin attention. The rest of us can get up, do our meditatin and strike camp and we're ready to move out soon as Sko and Variel got their magics ready."

"We split the load and are ready to leave right at ten hours. Whatcha all think?"
We go method one we're all awake in ten hours and have to strike camp and move on. Dhaavan takes the first shift. and Variel and sko don't keep watch.

We do method 2, Dhaavan takes the first 90 minute shift,
Sko and Variel can pick between last and first 1-hour shift.
Flynn, Valeros pick 90 minute shifts.
Rain and Jiro can pick either having the split shift or a 90 minute shift.
Method 2 is further detailed on the discussion board and either is fine by me. =]


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Rain listens to the to and fro of conversation. There is some validity in each suggestion and she ponders her thoughts privately for a minute or two.

Looking at the males of her group, she offers, "We attempt to walk to the base of the ridge and no further this day. The ridge offers some protection from the elements and open plains. We still have sight before us and to the side. If aerial views are necessary, we have Jack the Trush who can take to the sky and warn us if any above on the ridge try to shoot down upon us. The beach sounds refreshing however Flynn has a point in regard to the Grindylow. They have the advantage being they easily dwell in the ocean and can drag us in before we even raise the alarm."

Seeing Jiro sitting cross-legged on the ground, Rain nods and then looks around to all the faces, "I know we are all tired, and it has been a very long and eventful day. But it is only a few miles at best. Then we can make camp and set up a night watch schedule. Come, let us not waste any more daylight and continue while we are able. Just one foot in front of the other."

Rain turns and scans the ridge in the distance. "Let's walk on in the order we previously held through the marshes. Variel, Flynn, in front with me, please. Sko, you take the rear."

If the group agree and we begin walking, Rain will quietly speak to the group again.

"I carry no tent or outdoor gear. However, I do have rope as does Flynn I believe. Those of us who can manage will collect large leaves, branches and grasses and together with the rope will construct a makeshift hut. Those who sleep can bundle together sharing blankets and body heat. Those who require sleep for their magic to be renewed and effective come morning will not have to take watch during the night." Turning to the magic users among her party, "Have you any spells remaining to aid us in guarding our camp tonight? I am unsure of what you can conjure."

”No ma’am; begging your pardon – but I don’t have any spells for that,” I answer, stifling a yawn, eager for the chance to sack out.

I take a last hit of the smoke, then dash it out against my boot, eager to get going if it means we can end up getting it done.

”That’s about two miles to the base of the cliffs – if we cut a straight line from these trees to where the path starts to wander up. We’ll avoid the path south the corn – but I think we’ll be okay… don’t see naught but open grass,” I add, squinting over the plains.

From our current position on the map – if we take a straight diagonal over the open grass, we should end up at the base of the cliffs – roughly four “squares” to the right of the little brown box. I believe that is 2 miles over grassy terrain. I’m not sure at the exact speed we can go – but barring any delay’s – I think we can actually get there in a little less then an hour; and it would put us the base of the cliff right where the path starts; which was Rain's plan, but for now I'm trying to gauge distance and time is all. On the plus side, if the path tacks back and forth, I’m guessing it’s kind of like a gorge or furrow in the rocks – which means if we hunker down in the path itself, we’ll probably have shelter from the wind which would blow over the top of the path; but I really don't know.

I toss my cheroot stub into the grass and grab my gear around and I follow Rain’s lead. It shouldn’t be long now before we can get some sleep, and maybe a quick bite.

I wonder at her orders to build shelter – and glance at the skies above me.

Survival Check to gauge upcoming weather.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

I am relieved that I brought food for two days. I thought it might be wise after hearing Plugg’s suggestion that we may be here for forty-eight hours. But it occurs to me that I don’t know how my mates will fair. Are they provided for? God’s know…

Most of them look exhausted – hell, I feel it, too. Sko seems alright – but I wonder how Valeros is doing – lumbering around on the peg leg, especially after the swamps.

”Anyone else got food on them,” I ask as we trudge along.

”If not – I reckon I can try to rustle up some grub, if anyone needs some, that is.”

I turn to Rain –

”When ya’ll are getting a camp set up, you want to send out a lad or two to go hunt? I’ll do it, if you want – I don’t care at this point – but it may take a bit, depending on who brought food, and how much they brought,” I add.

”I reckon that if you can spare him – and if any need grub – I’ll take Sko with me, if he’s willing – he seems hale enough to do a bit of hunting. Maybe while we’re gone we may catch a few jackrabbits on the fields – and if we’re lucky – we may even bump into a wild pig or two. Then we can get something tasty and hot,” I add, thinking suddenly of swine… and a fine cooked meal.

I shake my head to clear it from musing about food, and then try to remember what I was thinking about before I considered a hot meal as we keep walking.

”Oh yeah, I kind of figured it’d be a good idea to check over everyone after that business in the swamps after we set up camp formal, and everyone gets all nice and settled in,” I say, pushing on in a somewhat monotonous pace, glad to be out in the grasses and under a fresh breeze.

”Dhaavan got hit hard, same as me – I’ll want to see how his wounds fair. I can’t recollect anyone else getting hit by those things – though they may have… hell, I just don’t remember… sorry; just tired, I guess.”

”Oh, and one other thing – I guess I’ll also want to check over Valeros’s leg – you know, where the stump is. I figure if he’s been walking around in the heat, and with all slime in the swamp… Well; I want make sure that the bandages are fresh and don’t have no leeches in it or anything like that – and there’s no rot or chafing with the butt end of the peg and where it presses against his limb,” I add, rubbing my neck a little to ease the tension.

”Anyhow – let me know if any need food – or looking over, and I’ll do it when we get to wherever you want to stop.”

Rundown on Heal Question/Plan for GM:

Right – so this is kind of both my plan – but also a question for the GM: realistically I have no idea if anyone is suffering from any disease yet. However, my brain is telling me that after you get clawed or bit by some wild thing living in a marshy bog – the best thing to do is to wash out the wound, disinfect it, make sure it is than bound with clean bandages which are fresh, and check to see if the wound is taken care of. Now – formally I am going to have to use a “Heal Check” on someone in the morning, as I think Dhaavan may be poisoned or sick (not sure). From what I read earlier on the boards – the way you seem to be merging the rules with “social RP” is that we don’t have any reason to suspect folk are ill until we see symptoms (which would crop up the next day) – at which point, we’d look it over, and maybe say something like “Hmm… looks like so-and-so – best thing for it is to drink this.” Then we’d give them the drink (or whatever) in the form of a “make the heal check” and that aid we perform would help them resist the shakes or shivers or fever as it became stronger and fully hit them.

So, as I think that’s how the rule would work with social RP (because it makes sense, but I’m not 100% on it) – that would formally mean that I wouldn’t need to make the check until tomorrow if and when I saw signs. However that really doesn't have any bearing on what I am doing now. Formally my plan is to do what I would do if we were walking in the wild and someone was bit by an animal (in this case undead) I’d at least boil some water to clean the wound with – I’d check to make sure there was no infection, seeping pus, discoloration, or swelling – and then I’d tell them I want to give it a once over again in the morning.

I have no idea if that will make a difference on the Heal Check I intend to do in the morning – but I don’t really care. I still intend to at least work that through socially when we make camp, as the doctor – that’s what I would do. I just wanted to explain what I would do, and why I would do it.

Right – so I’ll keep walking with the group to the base of the cliffs – (again, not entirely sure, but it looks like 2 miles in a straight line - and I'm hoping we can get there in less than an hour, so we don't need to make another check for Non-Lethal damage). Anyway, if anyone needs food – I’ll drop off any unneeded gear I have, and then turn around and go hunting for a little bit. Hopefully I won’t need to go far – but I don’t know until people say if they have food or not.

Finally – what I end up doing later may be effected by the weather. Just let me know how much good the check did, if it all.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

While they walk toward the foot of the ridge, Dhaavan speaks to Rain, and the group about watch. "I got no spells what are good for watch, but I have done some travelin and not through good roads. Way we used to do watches is have them what need to meditate for a while either start or end the watch, right? Then the rest of the caravan can sleep and get the shifts along the night so them what are meditating don't ge trying to lookout while doin' their magic thing."

"When we travel hard, we only want to stay in one place as little as possible but get a good night asleep. Figure everybody needs about 8 hours out, and every hour someone has to watch is another hour that we got to wait to move out. Sko and Variel's the only ones that take a while to get their magic going, so if they don't take a shift, the time we're sleepin gets split up between the rest of us, so figure 8 hours on top of a watch shift and yea got..." Dhaavan runs some numbers in his head for a moment, remembering his old caravan tricks, "Yup, the five of us take 2 hour shifts, and 8 hours sleep, then we all rested and ready in ten hours."

Dhaavan thinks a moment "But if we here that long, and the others don't mind, they could take an hour each, and if, say you or Jiro take a two hour shift, then the rest o' us can take hour and a half shifts, and have time to do our meditatin' before we gotta set out, while the other take their time preparin."

"See Sko takes first shift for an hour, you or Jiro grab the next hour, and the other four of us grab an hour and a half. That makes eight hours and the elf's all rested up. After his hour he gets Sko and whoever took the hour shift so they can prepare, and somebody is payin attention. The rest of us can get up, do our meditatin and strike camp and we're ready to move out soon as Sko and Variel got their magics ready."

"We split the load and are ready to leave right at ten hours. Whatcha all think?"
We go method one we're all awake in ten hours and...

Oh, it all sounds good to me; I'll do whatever the group wants.

But I seem to remember at some point a rule that suggested that for a "full 8 hours of rest" - you actually had to sleep eight hours solid - to prevent people from doing things like this - but it may have only been for wizards; I'm not really sure. Anyhow - that may be something to think about while on watch - but if you're hungry - I'll be getting you something to eat first - so don't get too comfy - you'll need a meal.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM approved the split shift, we just need a list of who's on what watch.

"I got enough Wandermeal to handle us for one meal, so I say we down our food right quick and sack out after we've marched to a camp. we can worry aobut gettin a "meal" in the morning while them what got are preparin their magiks. By my guess we should have at least half an hour's time for that and we can find somethin' sleepin, but it all depends on when we get to camp. May be better to hunt now, sleep, then move out with the dawn. I'm worried bout our mates, really don't want to loose 'em." ending with a down note, Dhaavan is pensive almost as if he's trying to solve a difficult puzzle in his mind.

So the question is what time will we make the two miles to the base of the cliff where we want to camp?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro draws his knees up to his chest and lays his head down on them while waiting for Rain to decide what to do next. I'd just as soon sleep here for a bit... at least rest here... just a few... minutes... No, I can't give in to sleep just yet, can't let the others see me being so weak. I know I don't have the stamina to stay awake much longer, but I can't let on I'm so tired. Just a little bit longer, and Rain'll call a halt, I'm sure.

What I truly want is to change to my true form, find a small burrow and curl up inside someplace warm and cozy. I wish Hijiro was here with me. No, not really, I'm glad he's someplace else, and I think wherever he is, he's safe now. At least I hope he is. He'd hate it here, and he'd have gacked Flynn long before this, he has no patience for pedants, that's for sure.

And then of course there's the problem of what to do about Plugg and Scourge. We should really plan our mutiny while we are walking and talking. We have the freedom to speak openly here with no chance of being overheard and we are avoiding the topic completely. I think if we all work together, we can take them on. And their loyal toadies might not be as loyal as they think they are. They might even change sides if they see the tide of battle turning against them. I think their toadies are simply afraid to cross them.

He lifts his head tiredly and glances over at Variel and then to Flynn. I wish those two would settle their differences. This seems to have started over their competition for Rain's attention, though neither would ever admit that openly. Now it has devolved into a true pissing match and they seem to butt heads at every turn. They do seem to be trying to get along sometimes, but I think it's just habit for them to almost always diasagreee.

Oh shoosh, you haven't been the most agreeable fellow yourself, and now look at yourself, near to falling asleep on your feet while the others seem to be fine. Wake up! His eyes close for a moment and it takes him a long time to open them again, his eyes heavy-lidded and dull.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

When Rain suggests further walking, Seijiro blinks a few times... shakes his head sharply a couple of times, trying to shake off his tiredness, and rises dejectedly. He walks along with the others, though without the usual spring to his step that he has.

He walks along silently... concentrating on putting one foot before the other, counting the moments until he can stop and rest again.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

per page 218, a wizard (or sorceror and bard, as their rules are the same re: rest per page 220) needs 8 hours of rest, and if the rest is disturbed by any kind of activity, they need additional rest time (in one hour blocks), so Dhaavan and Variel would need a full 8 hours in a single block of time in order to recover any used spells or change out spells in Variel's case. Divine spells work differently as they don't require rest even - just a specific time of day. So for rest, we need to make sure Dhaavan, Flynn and Variel get 8 hours solid rest if we can and therefore sit first and last watches so their rest is continuous.


See discussion thread for rest ruling.

2,401 to 2,450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.