Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


2,351 to 2,400 of 8,093 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan takes a 5' step back and left, cursing in infernal

Infernal:
"Damn impatient blighter!"
and takes a withdraw action dodging away from the "women", clamping a hand on the fresh bite he took to the shoulder.

Dhaavan moves out behind where Variel and Sko are so they can't get to him. He's got 60 ft of movement, so he goes back then around so he's got line of sight and is 30 ft away, but his allies are in between he and the Ghouls.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro moves (4 over, 1 up) so he is flanking with Variel. He takes a stab at the one in front of Dhaavan.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
to confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18

damage, including flank and crit damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (1) + (2) = 6

well the damage sucked, but at least I hit


Horatio: The blowing a hole through it's belly was poetic...and literal but it doesnt drop it.

Valeros you can't get to them and cast burning hands and hit them this round as they are more than 30' away. So you move and cast Shield of faith.

Sko: You are moved.

Variel: Your cutlass misses wide.

Dhaavan: You withdraw without issue.

EDITING

Seijiro moves up and stabs the creature in the back, horrifically wounding it. It's (un)life is hanging by a thread.

Wrapping back around


The ghoul whores scream in rage and begin a frenzy of teeth and claws.

Whore 1 on Variel

Bite1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
+ Fort Save vs disease 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Variel is hit for 6 damage.

Thankfully Elves are immune to a Ghouls Paralysis attack! :-)

------------------------------------------------------

Whore 2 bites Seijiro and then takes a step forward and attacks Horatio

Bite on Seijiro 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
+ Fort Save vs disease 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Claw on Horatio 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Claw on Horatio 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
+ fort save vs paralysis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Seijiro is missed with the Bite but then Horatio is hit twice for 11 damage bringing his total damage to 13 and he is Paralyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds.


You all are up again...but I'm going to bed. I expect this will be finished rather quickly in the next round or two as you guys are hitting hard today lol.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seeing Horatio stop moving, rather than move to help Variel, Seijiro moves to flank with Variel on the one on Horatio... (moving one diagonally down right, one diagonally down left, to avoid the aoo)

to hit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
to confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

damage+flank dmg: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (3) = 7


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

GM Right - so at the end of Jiro's round Ghoul 2 already suffered 16 points of damage... At the top of the next round - it's still up and moving around. Also - Jiro did not include "Freebooter's Bane". If he had done this, the creature would have actually suffered 17 damage (possibly 18 - I don't know if Freebooter's Bane doubles). But if 17 points had actually killed it - then it is likely that he would not have suffered damage, nor would I.

Assuming the GM has gone by standard ghouls, and these aren't special ghouls your 17 damage theoretically would have dropped it before you would have been bitten. Unless they're some sort of unusual ghouls - I have no idea at this point.

Rain - will aim at the same Ghoul and attack it then.

Attack at Ghoul 2
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20

IF it hits -
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I have no idea if that hits. But if it does – that means the Ghoul has now suffered at least 23 damage.

EDIT: Jiro - sorry, I made the attack right after you did and didn't see where you moved. Which guy were you attacking? If it was the same guy that you were going after the whole time; then you should have picked up another +1 to hit and damage on that ghoul - giving it a total of 33 damage. If 33 had dropped it before Rain's attack - she would have have defaulted on the remaining Ghoul - but popped up "Freebooter's Bane on the Remaining Ghoul.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

HP: 9

Dhaavan whips an acid orb at the most heavily damaged Ghoul standing after rain's arrow attack with a grimace.
1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 10 touch attack
for 1d3 ⇒ 2


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro's target for the first attack was the one that was directly in front of Dhaavan, so he was flanking with Variel diagonally. Seeing as how Horatio was paralyzed, he switched targets and attacked the one on Horatio the second round, didn't know freebooter's bane was up on that one, so it should have taken 8 points from Seijiro this round


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro's target for the first attack was the one that was directly in front of Dhaavan, so he was flanking with Variel diagonally. Seeing as how Horatio was paralyzed, he switched targets and attacked the one on Horatio the second round, didn't know freebooter's bane was up on that one, so it should have taken 8 points from Seijiro this round

Okay - the one on me suffered on round one a total of 10 points - 4 from me, 6 from Rain.

The one on Variel suffered 6 points from Jiro.

On round 2 Jiro switched targets - and did 8 points. This would mean after Jiro's move the one on me suffered 18 points. If the ghoul is still standing - Rain would have tagged in for another 6 points, doing a total of 24 points of damage (assuming the ghoul survived after 18 - book suggests they have 13 average - but I don't know if these are average ghouls or not).

IF however, the Ghoul was dropped by Jiro via his attack when he moved to help Horatio- as that Ghoul would be dead, then Rain would have used a "Standard Action" to switch targets of her Freebooters Bane, and her "attack action" on the remaining Ghoul - doing 6 points to that one.

This would suggest that the remaining ghoul - presuming that Jiro did in fact kill the ghoul he had attacked on round 2 (as it seems likely); then the remaining Ghoul that Rain had attacked would then have suffered a total of 12 points of damage at this time.

If the ghouls are standard - that means between Sko, Variel, and Valeros - they need to do at least 1 point of damage to one remaining ghoul. This ghoul will also have "freebooters bane" on it - which means that (theoretically) if any of them hit - they will finish off the second one also.

Currently, I am at 2 HP as it seems that I get attacked quite a bit, and healing would be nice.

If that happens (as I will be at work during the afternoon) - my actions are as follows:

1. Attend to everyone who was damaged by the ghouls via "healing kit for diseases". Hopefully I can do what I can to modify any checks. I will start with bite effects first - then move to claw effects (if applicable).

I will roll heal checks when I get home - if needed.

2. I will "aid" anyone who does a search of the building and the bodies - keeping a special eye out for both signs for the information Variel is looking for - as well as any clues to our friends who were captured, and - as everyone is agreed to the division of loot now, I'll do what I can to collect any possible spare loot and just toss it into a sack until we get to a town to sell it.

3. I will do what I can to "Aid" in any survival checks via tracking.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)
Flynn wrote:
IF however, the Ghoul was dropped by Jiro via his attack when he moved to help Horatio- as that Ghoul would be dead, then Rain would have used a "Standard Action" to switch targets of her Freebooters Bane, and her "attack action" on the remaining Ghoul - doing 6 points to that one.

a standard action is (or actually, can be) an attack action... you get a standard (which can be an attack) and a move each round. If it actually takes a standard action to declare a target of her bane, she doesn't also get an attack the same round. Are you sure declaring bane is a standard action?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Freebooter's Bane is a move action.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Freebooter's Bane is a move action.

cool, that clears up that confusion


Look at the discussion board as I have some things I need to say.


Seijiro and Rain finish off the ghoul that paralyzed Horatio with another vicious stab, eviscerating the creature and spilling its innards onto the ground as Rain's arrow takes it in the eye.

Sko, Variel, and Valeros are up.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko rushes up to the ghoul (Move action straight ahead) and takes a swing with his scythe.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Move to attack the next ghoul

Slash with the cutlass 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


The combination of Sko's scythe and Variel's cutlass make short work of the last ghoul. A few moments later the paralysis that had seized Horatio releases its grip and he shakes himself for a moment, returning feeling to his limbs.

Nice shots guys. Took care of them pretty easily. :-)


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro starts searching bodies, though others, he's sure can do it better.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"You alright Flynn?" Dhaavan asks when the man is once again able to move. He does let out a sigh of releaf at his crewmate's health and nods, Good, he's not too bad off. "Mates, he's alive but cut up somethin' fierce, if yea got any healin yea can spare?" DHaavan suggests, knowing that Flynn's healed himself on occasion but his is more limited than Valeros or Sko's access to such magic, and spreading resources is a valuable tactic.

"So yea were right about them ladies there being bad news, but I did have that figured too, mate, didn't need yea yellin at me 'bout it alright?" Dhaavan admits in a calm and composed voice with a sigh. "See they could have been anything form some sort of wyrd priestesses, non-human swamp-dwellers, or any number of creatures more understanding and open to negotiation than Undead. So in this situation there weren't much information to be gleaned, had there been yer antagonistic attitude and that little light trick could have cost us any chance at usin' the broads."

With a shrug he'll add, "Maybe I'm a little too willing to give a body the benefit o' the doubt, er tryin ta talk thing out when maybe I shouldn't, I dunno but yea don't got to be so..." thinking a moment on the right words to use, "overtly hostile. Yea can temper yerself, like Rain does. She a passionate and fiery woman, but keeps her cool to them what can see her."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Searching the bodies you find:
A potion of Cure Moderate Wounds in a hip flask depicting a crocodile.
3 very sharp daggers that look like they've been used recently to dismember a corpse. One is masterwork.
Chest containing 6 Alchemist's Fires
2 Barrels of cheap perfume: worth 25 gp each (10 lbs) (non-flammable in case you were wondering)
Wedding Dress inlaid with pearls and set with 4 tiny rubies: worth 600gp
Whalebone corset set with mother-of-pearl inlays: worth 20
12 silver hatpins set with tiny obsidians: worth 5 gp each
scattered gems worth a total of 420 gp

In addition, inside the tent you all find a small nondescript backpack that is currently filled with rotted silk clothes.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

I'm assuming that we raided the tent as well, looking for goods, as there are two 10lb. barrels, but jack will do a rather thorough search for more shinies!1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"That's a nice haul, good catch on picking this stuff out, Jiro. Anybody got room enough to carry stuff like the barrels, or do we stash it somewhere once we get out of this swamp so we can pick it up on the way back to the boat when we get off this rock?" This is a question of carrying capacity, as Dhaavan's unencumbered at 23 lbs, and he's carrying 20, he can't exactly take much... SO who's got a bag for them barrels? Cause "I wants my GOLD, yea dig?" 500 pts if yea get the reference

After FLynn's back on his feet, and the goods are destributed, Dhaavan asks, "Well, we continuin' through this along the river? We're going to be needin' rest sooner or later and we'll be no good to our mates if we can't fight off the Grindylow. So we pressin on down the way?"


So just let me know who's taking what and we can go from there


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko casts his last CLW on Horatio.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Looking over the assorted items. "Plugg would probably give us the cat if we brought back perfume. As for this," Sko picks up the wedding dress and hands it to Rain, "I think you'd look far better in this than I would."


Perception DC 15:
You notice that the backpack is holding considerably more clothes than it should be able to.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan chuckles and lets kidds with Sko, "I dunno Sko, I think you'd look rather fetching in it." on a more serious note, "Lets jsut dump the rotting rags out of this bag, and shove most of the goods into it. And the perfume's worth gold, so Plugg'll take it without issue as long as we get the water filled. We can toss the casks in the empty barrels and haul it all down-stream."

The gear looks like it's about 30 lbs including the casks of perfume, and we can give one to each of the characters with a strength score.

While Dhaavan is emptying the bag...
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
jack says "There's more rags comin out of that than there should be."
spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 to ID the item


It's a Handy Haversack.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I'm assuming then that this pack is magically enhanced to hold more," and on that note, Seijiro helps remove the tattered dresses and loads other items like coins, perfume, gems, daggers, corset, alchemist fires, and hatpins into the backpack. He hefts it to test the weight and if it's not too heavy, he puts it on his back. "We can divide this all up later, assuming Flynn has no objections to waiting for his share. Someone wanna grab that potion bottle?"


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"As far as we know, Plugg can't detect magic - he'll have no reason to take an old pack from us." Seijiro shrugs... after all it's just a non-descript backpack by the look of it. "It's not too heavy for me but since Flynn doesn't seem to trust me, if someone else wants to carry it, I have no objections."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Yup! What a Handy Haversack this thing is." ;]
Since that looks like that's about it here, we can move on, unless a tracker wants to look for tracks?
But there naught else for Dhaavan to do.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I cast "detect magic" on the whole lot - paying attention to the backpack.

I glance at the clothing - specifically. If it has rubies and so on covering it - they're valuable. The dress itself is - in my opinion - not. It is likely diseased, and such things are better burned.

I turn to Sko -

"That you, I appreciate help," I say with nod.

I look at Dhaavan, concerning the loot.

"The gems and pearls and other things are easy enough to haul - the kegs of perfume and the chest with alchemist fire is not."

"If it were me, I'd dump the perfume - if it breaks or leaks - in the jungles you can smell perfume or cologne for miles... the scent being foreign. It may attract predators."

"I wouldn't even bother touching that dress - gods know diseased it is. The gems and other hash are one thing - we can shred it and pull them off. Failing that, I'd not worry about it," I say, panting a little after the fight.

I glance at Dhaavan, knowing he was wounded by the creatures though none of my companions as badly as I was. Even so, I say to him - "As soon as we get a chance, I want to get a fire going, boil some water, and wash out that wound. Whatever you got bit with, - be it rabies, or other filth... we don't need it to fester," I add raggedly, my eyes cold.

Then, as my head clears a bit, and the the shock fades from almost dying, again, dwindles somewhat, I speak to Dhaavan very bluntly - but my voice is not intended for his ears alone.

"Meantime, this ain't a bloody pleasure cruise; and I'm tired of treating it as such."

I glance around, my eyes lidded.

"If someone's got a problem with me shooting first and asking questions later, they can piss off. This is twice I've been knocked to the brink in a fight that wasn't of my choosing. Meantime we had hard fighters who're handy with a blade - they should have been stepping to the front of that tent to chat, and not you," I add to Dhaavan.

"This island has enough evidence that whoever, or whatever, lived here - is dead for at least three or four months - likely longer; other than hostiles."

I scowl darkly, then speak in general to the group.

"An don't give a rat's ass what kind of a basterd that makes me out to be. I don't fancy dying - so I'm going to be gods damned cautious. That's my choice - and that's what I intend to do. If that makes me some kind of whoreson in anyone's eyes - too bad."

"I almost got my poxing ass bitten in half when I moved to aid Dhaavan, and I shouldn't have. I should have been back watching with Rain; weapons out - covering him like I said, and people with a better talent for fighting then me should have been backing him directly," I add the last, somewhat to myself.

I turn to Variel - some of my frustration gone after letting it out of my system. However, the lack of sleep and decent food is also wearing on me. I'm not as genteel as I might be in the best circumstances, and these are certainly not the best.

"Well Val - that's all the hash we found. You see what you're looking for in it?" I ask, trying to calm my voice, the pain of the fight still raw on me, trying to get the adrenaline out of my system.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
"I'm assuming then that this pack is magically enhanced to hold more," and on that note, Seijiro helps remove the tattered dresses and loads other items like coins, perfume, gems, daggers, corset, alchemist fires, and hatpins into the backpack. He hefts it to test the weight and if it's not too heavy, he puts it on his back. "We can divide this all up later, assuming Flynn has no objections to waiting for his share. Someone wanna grab that potion bottle?"

Hearing Jiro's comment, I step up to him fast.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean, eh?" I say, my eyes dark, my temper snapping at his words, not knowing why'd he'd say that comment about me, or what his purpose for making that remark about me.

"You know gods damned well that I tried from the beginning to make sure that we all got a square deal on dividing loot. You know that better than the rest."

My eyes narrow, wondering why he'd say that - was it an insult to hurt me after the times we've shared poetry and other stories, and fought together, and bled together? It made no sense...

I focus my thoughts then, and articulate what I am thinking.

"You know I got no problem on waiting to divide any loot we find because I bloody said so earlier when I found stuff and said I'd split it up later fairly. So, the way I got it figured - when you say you reckon it's fine on dividing the loot later - unless I be the one that's got "some objection" to dividing my share now - then it sounds like you're being bloody sarcastic with me - and it also sounds like you're trying to push me, because I already said we can just lump everything together and divide later."

"So if you got a problem with me, or if you got something to say to me direct - do it. But if you think I'm trying to rob you - or steal from you - or cheat you, or any other little problem with how I act, or behave, or talk, or whatever the hell you seem to think about me but don't bother speaking about it directly - then why don't you just lay it on the table right now instead of insinuating that I got some issue with something that I don't."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro just shakes his head in disbelief. "Stop acting like one of us pissed in your gruel this morning. We're all in the same situation here... no one singled you out for anything the rest of us aren't feeling too, so just cut the attitude and save it for those who sent us here."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"I don't want to argue with you Flynn." Dhaavan says plainly with a soft smile. "But that light trick was not being cautious, the hollering and antagonizing whatever they were, wasn't cautious, and not waiting for those 'hard fighters' to get into a better position was not cautious. While was stalling and trying to get a little information out of them while the rest of us got into position, you provoked them and we got into a fight."

Unless the fabric on the dress and such looks particularly valuable and the dress would be worth significantly less if we cut out the jewles, Dhaavan will assist with Flynn's plan for the dresses.

"When we make camp we can treat these wounds properly but for now a simple bandage will have to do I figure." While the others load up the gear, Dhaavan can take a minute to get his wound bandaged and pull his coat back on, cleaning it with Prestidigitation.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

"I don't want to argue with you Flynn." Dhaavan says plainly with a soft smile. "But that light trick was not being cautious, the hollering and antagonizing whatever they were, wasn't cautious, and not waiting for those 'hard fighters' to get into a better position was not cautious. While was stalling and trying to get a little information out of them while the rest of us got into position, you provoked them and we got into a fight."

Unless the fabric on the dress and such looks particularly valuable and the dress would be worth significantly less if we cut out the jewles, Dhaavan will assist with Flynn's plan for the dresses.

"When we make camp we can treat these wounds properly but for now a simple bandage will have to do I figure." While the others load up the gear, Dhaavan can take a minute to get his wound bandaged and pull his coat back on, cleaning it with Prestidigitation.

I turn to Dhaavan –

”Don’t be a fool!” I snap.

”Being cautious would have been avoiding a tent that was decorated by corpses and covered in a mass of swarming flies and disease. That would have been cautious; and that was my suggestion – which was ignored.”

”Why? Because we had to stop and examine it – so we did. And how? The one person in this group that is not a front-line fighter walked up to the door – and you stood there having a chat!”

”You’re bloody magi – you could have used a spell to scout it out – you could have opened the door at range – and peeked inside – like I did. And if you couldn't see what was in there - you could have used a spell to see better; rather than standing right by the door to wait around.”

”And the bloody irony is that I didn’t think there were ghouls in there – I just thought it was reeking of disease – I don’t want to get sick and I don’t want to get the bloody Black Plague - when the blood starts seeping out of your lungs when you cough, and your skin starts turning black because your blood’s dying inside you; and when the rot in your blood gets to your brain they have tie you down because you start raving – Gods damn it! I don’t want it!” I say angrily; the thought of sailors and peasants alike dying of that horrible death - when all you can see is their corpses in the water and the crabs feasting on their rotted eyes...

I shake myself out of that horror, and continue - my fear and near exhaustion adding to my frustration.

”I tried to lift up the flap and look in – at range, and with magic. And you think that wasn't cautious? Really? Well, what was your master plan - grab the flap with your bare hands, lift it on up and head on it?"

"Well, no thanks! I didn't want to go in - and I didn't want you to go in! Why? Because I heard them inside with their talk of giving out favors in bed, which is already bad enough – you think that getting the pox from a whore is fun?”

But I continue without allowing an answer.

”Hell, it didn’t take a genius to guess there was something wrong about a place that had dead bodies around it, and flies swarming –especially when every clue on this island that we’ve seen so far points to no one living here in months!”

”And me trying to get them out of the tent to talk to them, and see them openly and make sure they weren't those Grindy's talking to you - hiding just inside the doorway with a sword ready for your neck... Hell, I yelled, and cursed, and did what I could to get them to come out rather then go in... even if I ended up pissing them off to do it – and you don't think that was a cautious idea, to get them outside? You think it was smarter to waltz into the tent, or try to have a normal conversation with things that use human bones as their centerpiece?" I say, shaking my head with disgust.

I wipe my hand over my face, stifling my frustration.

”And if you think me saying this stuff makes me a basterd... Well I don’t give a damn! I may yell at you all day for acting a fool – but that’s just because you’re my mate, and you were stupid and it bothered me to see you risk your life like that!" I say, now showing the kind of anger that comes from only from when a person sees someone they care about take a risk with their life, as opposed to a stranger.

"Because, lad - if they got the drop on you and surprised you while you were chatting with them, and they charged you when we were all back at the tree line waiting for you to be nice, they may have torn you apart into maggoty chunks - and I'm not having that on my bloody conscience .” I add, my tension easing a little.

I almost died - I haven't eaten - I haven't slept - and it has been a very long day...


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Frustrated with the situation - and tired, and knowing that I am more angry than I should be - I do my best to calm down and get away from the situation a little.

FYI - just playing in character - I hope there are no hard feelings.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

As if the fight with the ghouls wasn't bad enough, the long hours or work, the lack of sleep, the concern about the friends being captured and finding traces of his ancestry, Flynn had to go off and start cussing at Dhaavan and Jiro. Trying to keep hold of his temper Variel turns to him, Flynn why don't you take a walk and cool off. your yelling, cursing and carrying on like a spoiled brat. When you settle down and ready to talk civilly to your companions and friends I will listen to you. Until then bugger off.

Turning to Dhaavan with an apologetic look on his face. Sorry you got attacked by those things. Know that I would have taken the hit instead since it was my idea to come up here in the first place. Thanks for trying though, I do appreciate the effort. If there is something I can do for you just let me know how I can repay you.

Turning so everyone can hear, Actually thanks everyone for helping out here. I know that I haven't had much of a chance or willingness to share about myself, but...well... thanks for the help mates.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Just so everyone knows, after that last heal, Sko has no more healing spells left.

Curious how two ghouls ended up on this out of the way island. Well, no matter; they're dead now.


Let me know whatever plans you all have. Heading to bed.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

While traveling Dhaavan continues to speak, "I appreciate your concern, I really do, Flynn. and I don't think yer a bastard for bein' crass and argumentative, but yea go and try things like playing the gad pirate, and get mad when we call you out, same thing with you tryin to play Plugg and the others and us not catchin on to yer game. Yet that's what yea did to me right there. I was tryin ta get em to at least say somethin about where the Grindylow may be seein as we go nothin at this point and we're a wreck and worn out and still have the rest o' the island ta search."

"I ain't gonna take this personal, but yer not givin me near enough credit. I do got grounds ta be ticked, what with you pissin em off and settin the tone of the conversation to what wouldn't get us any information." with a voice both cool and measured, Dhaavan tries to explain his take on the matters without further aggravating the hotheaded gunslinger.

"Now, I know they was tryin ta lure me inta their tent where they'd have the advantage, I could see that, alright. But they may have given me somethin' useful as bate, promisin me more information once we went inside. Ya see I was bankin on trickin em inta givin me somethin useful, but then yea want treatin me like a complete idiot and blew any chance of gettin some information, and gettin em ta spring out before we was rightly in position for a fight when it came to it."
Now at this point, Sko was totally out of the way and hadn't posted his location, Valeros wasn't within healing or striking distance, and had also not posted a location. Jiro did, and FLynn placed himself and Rain. I was not home yet, and couldn't even look at the map AS I HAD SAID, so I could not place myself on it. I'm getting a little meta with the conversation in terms of IC bahavior AND pbp strategy, so bear with.

"So we were in a bad position, yea cut me off so I didn't have a chance ta get any information from them, and when they attacked ye nearly got torn apart cause we had no support from our mates what hadn't had a chance to get closer."

Finally, with a shrug, holding up the vile he had with him, "And I had my potion wit me so were I to get myself in a bad spot I could just drink it and slip out." He looks sternly at Flynn, a face of 17 to this educated, worldly, experienced man, and tells him flat out, "I know yea was tryin ta help, but next time yea think I'm bein an idiot, instead o' snappin at me and blowin' my play like that, ask me calm like, so as I can explain. If yea think I'm bein stupid then yea don't understand what I'm doin. I may look like a brat, but I gotten out o'a mess of scraps wit'out a scratch on me yea dig?"

Dhaavan laughg and turns to pay attention to where he is walking and glances back to say, "So don't underestimate me," with a rare toothy smile.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

to variel's comments to Flynn:
When Variel, rather harshly, tells Flynn to cool it, Dhaavan replies to him, "Variel, take it easy, It's been a long day... A really long day, and the man did nearly die. although cooling off for a bit before getting snappy dies seem like a good call."

"And no need to worry about the wounds and such. I was hoping to get a little out of them," and assuring the crew, "and not any services mind you, so i put myself out there. That said as it turns out it weren't too likely to pay off, but we didn't know what they were at the time, so it was worth some risk. I am curious about that Shanxia tho. So hopefully we'll figure that out, and yea got a hand from me however i can lend it."

"And i ain't worried about keepin tabs o' who owes who at this point. I'm sure we'll all need enough hands on this Pleasure Cruse we on." he adds giving Flynn a nod of acknowledgement (that this isn't a cruse).

Dang totally forgot that i had mage-hand in this game. so many cantrips as a non-crossblooded human sorc! Lol


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Why must these males insist on fighting each other at every turn and on every point... So taxing ... Rains nerves were on edge and she tried to remain calm on the face of it. Gozreh, give me strength of patience.

"Well, if you gentleman have had enough of squabbling among one another, may I suggest we regroup and figure out our next move..."

Rain runs a hand over her brow, pushing back stray, dirty strands of midnight blue hair.

She looks about the area. (I really have no idea where Rain is positioned right now ... sorry.)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Thanks Rain, I guess we may well keep on down the river and figure out where to go from there. I still got an hour or two left in me, I think." He replies to the lady, walking closer and casting Prestidigitation as she bushes back her hair, cleaning it and holding it back with a hint of magic, or conjured cord. "Hope that helps"


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain feels the effects of Dhaavan's spell and turns around, with a nod of her head and a small, tired smile, "It does help. Thank you, Dhaavan. The grime and filth of this swamp was clinging to me."

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Were we not going to follow the river? Is that still what we're planning on doing?

Edit: Okay, re-read Dhaav's post above and he says go down the river ...


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I'm still good to go, I'm not tired." While his drooping lids and the circles under his eyes belie that statement, he does his best to keep his voice chipper and upbeat.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

While traveling Dhaavan continues to speak, "I appreciate your concern, I really do, Flynn. and I don't think yer a bastard for bein' crass and argumentative, but yea go and try things like playing the gad pirate, and get mad when we call you out, same thing with you tryin to play Plugg and the others and us not catchin on to yer game. Yet that's what yea did to me right there. I was tryin ta get em to at least say somethin about where the Grindylow may be seein as we go nothin at this point and we're a wreck and worn out and still have the rest o' the island ta search."

"I ain't gonna take this personal, but yer not givin me near enough credit. I do got grounds ta be ticked, what with you pissin em off and settin the tone of the conversation to what wouldn't get us any information." with a voice both cool and measured, Dhaavan tries to explain his take on the matters without further aggravating the hotheaded gunslinger.

"Now, I know they was tryin ta lure me inta their tent where they'd have the advantage, I could see that, alright. But they may have given me somethin' useful as bate, promisin me more information once we went inside. Ya see I was bankin on trickin em inta givin me somethin useful, but then yea want treatin me like a complete idiot and blew any chance of gettin some information, and gettin em ta spring out before we was rightly in position for a fight when it came to it."
Now at this point, Sko was totally out of the way and hadn't posted his location, Valeros wasn't within healing or striking distance, and had also not posted a location. Jiro did, and FLynn placed himself and Rain. I was not home yet, and couldn't even look at the map AS I HAD SAID, so I could not place myself on it. I'm getting a little meta with the conversation in terms of IC bahavior AND pbp strategy, so bear with.

"So we were in a bad position, yea cut me off so I didn't have a chance ta get any information from them, and when they attacked ye nearly got...

In Infernal:

”You’re right to chastise me – I’m hot, tired – and I haven’t slept all day; none of us have, it’s true... but as I said, you're my mate - so I hope there's no hard feelings or bad blood.”

”But I called you on that move not because of your tactics – but because I don’t reckon you know much about disease. I’ve seen what plague can do to a ship – and I didn’t figure that you’d know about – there wasn’t much time to argue with you; I wanted you away from the place… You saw what those claws did to me already – they paralyzed my blood; gods know what else they did.”

”I don’t blame you much – it wasn’t your move to stop here – it was the elf. We stopped for his personal little history keepsake– and he didn’t back you. He should have – it was his personal little quest – and he refused to help; he stood back like a gutless coward without balls while you walked up there, and I moved to back you.”

”You and I both took the hit so that he can find out about his poxing little charm necklace.”

”But I’m going to put an end to it now.”

”I do trust you – believe me – but I was also mad that no one was moving to back your play. Remember, my plan was to stay back and offer cover. The elf refused – but don’t worry about it – like I said. I’m going to deal with it now.”


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Seijiro wrote:
"I'm still good to go, I'm not tired." While his drooping lids and the circles under his eyes belie that statement, he does his best to keep his voice chipper and upbeat.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 (pre-levelling)

Rain senses a general tiredness in her red-haired eastern pressed mate, and not to draw attention to it, since he seemed to be attempting to downplay it, she announces to the whole group, "We will continue following the river for another hour and then depending on where we have arrived and what we've discovered we shall rest."

Edit
Hearing the strange language spoken again between Flynn and Dhaavan, Rain's brow furrows in confusion and frustration.

In a gentle, albeit firm voice, using the Common tongue she speaks, "Speaking a language that the majority of us cannot understand does not sit well with me, gentlemen. If you must say something then do so in Common, unless there are undesired ears about. I would see us come together as a group and not be further divided by a language barrier."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
"I'm still good to go, I'm not tired." While his drooping lids and the circles under his eyes belie that statement, he does his best to keep his voice chipper and upbeat.

”Jiro-san – I was an ass with you - Gomennasai,” I say with a bow to him, my head still throbbing from the heat of the battle.

”The almost dying part was what drove me to it, that among other things. Please forgive my bad manners,” I add sincerely.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I load my pistol – and I cast “Cure Light Wounds on myself
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro sighs and nods... "Flynn-san, sore o nantomo omowanai," then realizing Flynn likely didn't understand a word of what he said, he bows and says in common, "It is already forgotten. But you really do need to learn to hold your temper, FLynn-san. Gomenasai for making you angry, but you do go on and on about fair split, and I just wanted you to know I am just carrying this for us all to split equally later. I do like shiny things, but I don't steal from my mates." He does manage to look a little offended at even the idea that he would.

"Rain-san wants us to push on for another hour at least... let's walk and not speak of this again. As I said, it is forgotten."

2,351 to 2,400 of 8,093 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.