Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


2,151 to 2,200 of 8,093 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

last night
What's it gonna take to weaponize the Reefclaw poison tu use on the ifficers. Deals str damage so won't be fatal... but still useful
"Good catch sko! They rely on physical strength, even if Plugg has a magic sword, he needs a good arm to use it" Dhaavan notes with a grin

Jiro
With a comical parody of a "serious" face, Dhaavan tells Jiro "course, mate. We got pinched together, who's gonna look out for eachother but us, end of the day. Especially if we go pirate, we got to watch our backs. Each of us all got talents, and we all what we got, so i'd say play to out strong-suits, take advantage od all our abilities." Dhaavan gives Jiro a playful punch and laughs. "and yer damned handy in a fight too".

that morning
Dhaavan mentions that with this storm we better hold off doing anything. We gonna need all hands, likely as not.
I'll add more tomorrow when I got time


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
DM Immortal wrote:

Morning comes and the sky is blue and clear...except on the horizon there appears to be a ferocious looking line of storm clouds. Black and thick, they run the length of the horizon and you see blue flashes of what can only be lightning.

All hands are ordered to rigging duty in preparation for the storm. It appears that Plugg intends to try and sail it and not just ride it out. It looks like the storm will hit sometime around midday.

You all have a few hours if you want to do anything in particular before the storm hits. At which point it will become a lot more difficult to do anything besides keep the ship afloat.

Rain surveys the horizon with a look of consternation. Does Plugg expect us to outrun the storm? Lightning zigzagged in the distance and Rain looked around her -- the waters of the ocean and her pressed mates gathered top deck. Gozreh, what have you planned for us this day?

Rain moves to the railing and closes her eyes briefly, then watches/determines the direction of the wind and tries to determine its speed and movement.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Perhaps we can use the storm to our advantage? I must speak to the others...


The poison won't really work as an ingested poison and requires direct introduction into the bloodstream in order to be effective. Simply slathering the poison on your blades will work and you have enough to get 10 doses onto your weapons. Remember though that unless you have the poison use ability you have a chance of poisoning yourselves when applying it to the weapons.

Rain: The storm is fast moving and looks quite violent. You do not think it will last as long as the previous storm you all faced but it looks even more fierce.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Ret-Con Details before the storm:

As I work, I listen to the others; my mind cleared of much negative emotion as I was able to access my logical brain, rather than my emotions. With this in mind, I was able to work on the project with ease.

I hear Sko’s words, and struggle to keep my face neutral.

What foolish nonsense. Afraid we would be declared pirates? But surely – this is clear already when we pirated the Rahadoum ship that we are already marked as such. Even so, Mister Sko makes a valid point that strikes true. I do not yearn for the title of "pirate" to besmirch my family's good name.

I turn to Sko –

”You make a fine point about piracy. It rankles my pride and honor to wear so black a title as that affixed to my name. But, there is another way…”

”We may turn from the darkness of piracy, and rather – act as free men and become privateers, yes? Sargava is my homeland – it is near to us – and it is at war now with the Empire of Cheliax – among others. We could gain from my own land letters of marque and not only have the freedom and flexibility to war on folk who deserve it best – but; we could have the advantage of claiming honor, title, wealth, status, power and the respect of great leaders and kings."

"While not all of those things may appeal to everyone here – surely we are agreed that having an open horizon and serving as our own masters is a good thing. We would feel relieved to attack those who broke the law or did evil actions – and receive rewards and honor for dispatching them. Further,” I add with a slight shrug of my shoulders ”if we did encounter a ship with a crew that was judged – to us – more honorable than the nation which engages us to bring them to justice; as our own masters outside the borders of the nation – we have absolute right to allow the ship to leave unmolested, should we determine they are not as evil as it may be suggested.”

I nod to myself at this plan – I feel it is a wise decision – a good plan; and honorable one – and it would give us freedom, flexibility, rewards, status and many good things – even as we could sail these waters, seeking adventure and finding rewards and mysteries. Not pirates or thugs – but privateers – and men of action with honor and decency!

I listen further to Sko – my eyes widening in sudden interest.

”The poison sacks? You still have them? This is a good thing – for we all suffered the bite of those poisons, and recall what they did to us – at least I did! It causes weakness, and fatigue, and a charging cutthroat who advances, if they feel the bite in their flesh… They are not likely to die, but collapse in weakness. Perhaps – after the fight – they may see the error of their ways, eh? We may persuade a sailor or two, who has been under Plugg’s orders – through threat or fear – that now that Plugg is finished, when Plugg is finished, that a weakened sailor who served under may find it easier to change alliance when Plugg's threats are removed. For myself, I would not have such folk killed – simply because they act out of fear, though they did dark things. If Plugg is gone, and they yet live - they may be better men they would think, if we gave them the chance, and this poison could assist in bringing such folk down; not in death - but only for a time to reflect to determine if they will sail with us, or be set adrift.”

”It could be added to arrows – as well as bullets. If those particular ranged weapons were used in the opening volley… and those men who may be uncertain at loyalties were brought to bay… well… this is a good thing, I would say, yes?”

”If you have the poison – I can use it now to add it to some bullets I have – but I would just assume do it now. Tomorrow we may have issues with these folk. So – Mister Sko – would you lend me the sacs? I would happily apply them to a few shells now, if you would permit it.”

I look at Rain –

”I do not think anyone is eager for you to be ruthless – nor are we eager to serve someone who is ruthless – which is why I think your candidacy as a captain seems so appealing,” I say simply.

”As for poisoning Plugg? I suggested that because it would be bloodless to the rest. It seemed direct, specific; and aligned to those threats greatest to us. We would be at no risk, I thought. If we fight Plugg directly – he may draw fast and score a hit – or kill one of our allies in the fracas. He may still – or one of his allies as well.”

”If he was killed outright – I would be happier. If we did it in a fight... I will say from experience; many things can go wrong – even with the best plan. If things do go awry – then there is no telling what could happen. What if he attacks us, and gives us some critical wound that ends the lives of our allies, or one of us? That seemed to risky for me – I do not care for long odds. There is a reason that Harrigan chose him as his First Officer, over the power of others on his ship. And Harrigan valued strength. I assume that Plugg is quite strong… I am not eager to fight such strength when death or danger could fall on me or mine simply by the whims of chance.”

”But – we do not need to bring him down with poison. It was just a suggestion to make sure he will fall without danger to the rest of us; that is all.”

I turn to Dhaavan

I roll my eyes a bit, before responding.

”Plugg’s fools didn’t “disarm” me – I was “ordered” to surrender all my arms and gear before I was sent below to the bilges to do labor by Plugg and Scourge. The two cornered my below deck and ordered me to do hand over my arms. I handed them my weapons outright, rather then give them a reason to kill be directly - but I knew that it mattered little, since for them to send me below unarmed and alone was my death sentence... At least, that was their plan.”

”But again - a good plan went wrong for those who felt it best. When below, I encountered my would-be assassins - both armed. We fought and I prevailed."

"For the first, I was merciful. For him I offered succor and healing - and all my craft as a surgeon. I healed his wounds and spared his life as he lay under me choking in the filth of the bilges. I was tender, and gentle, and kind... I hoped that he would see compassion from me, the man he planned on assassinating. I hoped that later in his life, by giving him this second chance - that he would discover the error of his ways and hopefully, one day, he might repent and become a better person. And then, with this new-found wisdom and redemption, he could then go forth and redress his acts of past cruelty as he tried to live a better life," I say with a thoughtful and gentle voice.

"But as for the other?" I ask rhetorically, my eyes still thoughtful, as I recalled the events only a few days ago.

"With the other, I was not so merciful, and I beat him to death with my bare hands,” I say with a completely unaffected and matter-of-fact voice.

I turn to Jiro-san

”Jiro-san, Mister Dhaavan is correct; it would better if you elected not to sell yourself short. You have the potential for many great things; including the use of your skills to help your allies, whoever they chose to be. I would hope they would be us.”

”There are many folk on the seas who take up the same type of occupation that you do. They - like you - have many unique talents – including some that can learn the use of firearms – even as I do – for I have seen them do it - using only a talent to achieve this advantage."

"But I must add that the occupation you have chosen for yourself – it has many advantages, true – but, well - have you considered studying a wider field? You are now following a specific path in life – but consider; what if you mixed with your talents the way of… how do the easterner’s call them… Ah, yes! The Stealthy Ones – the masters of Stealth, espionage, and assassination. No - do not take offense - for none is meant. I do not call you "assassin" - but merely suggest such folk have great strength - which; merged with your own - would give you great advantages that are not easily noticed."

"Apologies - I do not know the right name for these folk – but I recall at least that the word for “Stealth” is nin in your language, though I may be wrong. But, if you would study that occupation as well, you would grow slowly combat skill – but in short order, the two paths of life would grant you a tremendous power in the long run, yes?”

”Of course, this is only a suggestion, and I am no one's master - you are free to do what you will. But no matter what journey you choose - if we sail together, I will happily travel with you as well – should you prefer it.”

I address everyone –

”Of course – I would happily travel with any of you – if you would enjoy my company as well. But – as a certainty – I would first be free of this ship.”

Sko - if you lend me the poison sacks now - before the evening is finished, I can at least add the poison to several of my shells during the night. But I will need to do this in ret-con form, as I don't think I'll have time the next day; and I've already been Crafting things that are ready to go in the morning; so it should be easy enough to add these things to my list of "little friends" who I'm sure will want to say "hello" to Plugg. But meanwhile, I just need to hear from you on that poison. As soon as I do - I'll retcon that action - unless anyone else has a suggestion for it.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro looks to the storm and the horizon and shakes his head slowly. "If the storm hits, we'll all be working in the rigging for a while I'm guessing. Those who have the skill should keep those easy falling spells ready for emergencies." He glances Dhaavan's way very briefly, recalling how difficult climbing was for the magician.

"I doubt Plugg or Scourge will risk losing a single man in the storm, so I don't think we have to watch our backs against their followers... at least not during the storm. And we'll be too busy probably to take advantage of any openings in their defenses as well..." He sighs softly and shrugs.

"Rain-san, see that's the problem, I don't know. I'm no leader, I'm not good at decisions or telling folk what they ought to be doing. I'm not always so good at following orders either though." He smiles wryly. "I suppose I could be quartermaster and be in charge of equipment like Grok. I could also be a backup for navigation and piloting, since I've done a bit o both. I'm good at general sailing skills as well, but not exactly great at any of these things, just a little bit skilled is all, so...?" He shrugs again... trailing off as he runs out of things to say.

He turns to Dhaavan and smiles. "Yer kind ta say so, about my fightin', but I'm no warrior, and damn lucky to have so many mates about to help me get the jump on things like those rats or that officer. As for my skills, like I was tellin' Rain... I've got a little skill in a lot of areas, but nothin' that I'm REALLY good at 'cept maybe sneaking around, or like Rain here said, moving around on a wet, pitching deck. Not exactly officer type skills, yanno?"

I hope they find something suitable for me, like Rain says, I CAN contribute. I guess I'm just not sure how yet. I don't want to end up just a rigger while all my mates are officers on board our new ship... 'course all this depends on if we manage to take this ship or get off her and get our own at some point. Big 'ifs' for sure, but I have faith somehow... Even if the Rahadoumi side with Plugg, which isn't a sure thing, it's still close to an even fight and we've got magic on our side, too. With Dhaavan's devil birds and all of us working together, we can do this.

He turns to Dhaavan and gives him a big smile. "I'm sure whoever our new captain turns out to be, will find some good position for me."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

To the GM

1. I asked earlier before - being that I made my roll easily - as did others - if we could get more specific data on the place called "Blood Cove". It seemed logical that if we've at least heard of it - we would at least know details like how many people live there - is it a village, port town, city, or lone nut-job running around a beach. Chief imports/exports, average temperature, flora/fauna, racial make-up, preferred languages and religions - you know, the usual stuff. If it helps, pretend they're a place like "Rhaavana", or "Ruddick's Pass" or my personal favorite "Tharovace" :) Point is - do we get those details?

2. If Sko lets me use the poison, I will add those shells to the ones I made during the night. It won't take me longer to make than it has so far; and as for the chance to poison myself? I'll probably take the risk - if he lets me use it. Question is - once it's applied - how long does it stay potent?

3. When we go aloft - I'll recommend that everyone use cords or rigging to lash themselves to the main mast. I will do so myself - if I am able. Then - let me know what needs to be done next. Thanks!


Bloodcove Info:
Bloodcove is one of the few bastions of civilization on the Fever Sea. Bloodcove borders both the trackless Fever Sea and the vast Mwangi Expanse—two huge wildernesses at the very edge of civilization. Its nearest neighbours are hardly much better. To the south there is the former Cheliaxian colony of Sargava, beset on all fronts by its former owner Cheliax, the greedy Shackles pirates who protect it and its own rebellious Mwangi population. To the north lies the pirate haven of the Shackles, an island chain filled with pirates and the remains of whatever cannibalistic society dwelt there before them. Bloodcove is truly a lone bastion of civilization.

Bloodcove is unique in appearance as the entire city is built into and around the roots and trunks of one of the gargantuan mangrove trees that are found only along the Mwangi coast. The whole city is perched atop boardwalks and scaffolding that keep it out of the Fever Sea.

Bloodcove was founded by some of the greatest pirate captains of the Shackles when they realised that they were getting too old for the pirating lifestyle. They saw legitimate trade as the easiest way to keep their coffers full and their lives easy. And so they founded Bloodcove many miles south of the more rough and tumble of the Shackles. Bloodcove heritage shows through the very nature of the town somewhere between a legitimate port and sea soaked pirate city. Despite this, Bloodcove is nowhere near as dangerous as the pirate cities to the north.

The population of Bloodcove is surprisingly diverse for such an isolated community. Non-humans make up over twenty percent of Bloodcove's inhabitants. Over half the human population of Bloodcove is of the Mwangi ethnicity. Many come from deeper within the Mwangi Expanse to trade with the outside world, many are just run-of-the-mill pirates. The rest of the human population is made up of various ethnicities most of whom have come to Bloodcove looking to make their fortunes of the rich bounties of the Mwangi Expanse. There are racial tensions between the various ethnicities within Bloodcove but these tensions rarely turn violent.

Trade is the lifeblood of Bloodcove and without it the settlement simply would not exist. It was founded to further exploit the vast wealth of the Mwangi Expanse. Bloodcove is ideally positioned to exploit this being situated where the River Vanji, the only river to emerge from the depths of the Mwangi, meets the Fever Sea. Bloodcove trades in many commodities the most common include rare woods, precious metals, exotic creatures and Mwangi artifacts. None of these are easy to come by but their value keeps a steady flow of traders coming to Bloodcove.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Flynn-san, you speak of ninja, masters of stealth and death. Most are born to that life, they are clannish and usually train only those who are born to their clan. And such training begins in early childhood, or so I've heard. I couldn't just 'take up the trade' without their training, even if what they do overlaps somewhat what I can do. Perhaps if I were home in Minkai and could find someone who could train me, I could sort of retrain what I know, but I doubt such would be possible. Here in the west... impossible. I'm surprised you know of them, as they are a widely known 'secret' even in Minkai. Many have heard tales of them, but few have ever seen one and lived. So their existence is shrouded in mystery and secrecy."

Now I think of home and miss it... damn that Flynn for making me think of home. As much as I love the sea, just to see my family again, what I wouldn't give to be standing knee deep in a rice paddy right now." He sighs deeply, a faraway look in his deep amber-red eyes.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

In the morning...

Hearing from others that the storm is going to be a viscous one Variel starts his meditations that morning clearing his mind and preparing for the day ahead.

What do I need to make this day a success. It sounds like there will be no chance for us to wrest control of the ship during the storm, but what of afterwords? In the lull that follows, would that be the right time to act? If so I must make sure that I am prepared for that eventuality as well. Perhaps a blending of safety for others and offensive might? Keep myself protected in case the fight does ensue. So many options and not enough power to see Italy accomplished.

Stowing most of his gear in his lockbox, Variel keeps his new armor, a dagger on him, and his pendant on him. Everything else is sealed as well as he can make it. Climbing aloft, Variel heads tot he sails in preparation for the coming work that must be done in the rigging. Not knowing much about the incoming weather he relies on Jiro's word and prepares as well as he can for the long day and night ahead. Speaking to no one in particular, Besmara be with us during the storm. It sounds like it is going to be quite a day and night.


Italy is always accomplished Variel! Forza Italia! lol

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

wow tried just typing it all and it changed to Italy. Oops oh well.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:
** spoiler omitted **...

Quick Response GM:

Excellent. While not as detailed as the city of Tharovace - that certainly answers the bulk of my questions (though to be fair - the guy that wrote up the "brief notes" on the city of Tharovace had waaay too much time on his hands, methinks).

Meanwhile - I see in mind a city in the trees, with strange creatures who are prepared to engage in rituals in which people are cooked slowly over fires for their feasts...

This begs a delicate, and rather important set of questions:

1. Are there Ewok pirates?

2. If I was a Druid and got an "Animal Companion" would you allow me to have an Ewok as my animal companion - if he wore an eye patch?

3. And finally - if all else fails - can I be reincarnated as an Ewok pirate?

And - before you respond - remember: there is very little difference between "Yo Ho" and "Yub Yub"!

Damn, now I want to have an Ewok pirate!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

"Flynn-san, you speak of ninja, masters of stealth and death. Most are born to that life, they are clannish and usually train only those who are born to their clan. And such training begins in early childhood, or so I've heard. I couldn't just 'take up the trade' without their training, even if what they do overlaps somewhat what I can do. Perhaps if I were home in Minkai and could find someone who could train me, I could sort of retrain what I know, but I doubt such would be possible. Here in the west... impossible. I'm surprised you know of them, as they are a widely known 'secret' even in Minkai. Many have heard tales of them, but few have ever seen one and lived. So their existence is shrouded in mystery and secrecy."

Now I think of home and miss it... damn that Flynn for making me think of home. As much as I love the sea, just to see my family again, what I wouldn't give to be standing knee deep in a rice paddy right now." He sighs deeply, a faraway look in his deep amber-red eyes.

Ret-con with Jiro:

I nod a little, but don’t seemed phased much.

”I am no expert on such things – true – but I have found that lore is given to those who seek. Meanwhile, your own kinsmen has a strong bond with you – one that permeates the realm of normal space and time… If you can reach to touch his kami – even in a dream – you could possibly seek him and discover if he could aid you in this endeavor – should you desire it.”

Yeah – I know the facts on Ninja a bit – sure. But as far as I know, there isn’t a rule stipulation that prevents you from cross-classing as a Ninja on higher levels. If the rules don’t prevent it, and you’re interested, I could see you do it with ease. But again – just a suggestion.

”If such pursuits do not entice you, and they seem somehow out of reach… There are other options,” I say, pursing my lips, pondering a bit.

”You are a master of your skills – compared to any of us, that is true. But you would seek to do more that simple knife work on a pitching deck, eh? Hmm…”

”It seems to me… what would be good for you… is if you first had a strong place to stand on. A ship is a good start – but beyond that is the realm of the intangible – even the one you share with your kinsman. In short – more that a ship, I would see you well situated in a family here. After all – is not family a chief cornerstone of all civilized peoples?”

”But, if you were part of a family – you could expand upon this family structure. You could function well as a man who grew in power – in strength – and your connections, well founded by the largess of your family would – in turn – give their support back to you and your own folk.”

”Yes – to me – if you think being one of these so called “Stealthy One’s” is not to your taste – perhaps you would use your talents better in a more comfortable and familial setting?”

I give him a wry grin.

”Indeed – Dhaavan could even furnish you the proper tattoos to demonstrate your link to a family like that, if you have a mind… But, if this course does not become you – fear not; we’d not ask you to give up a finger for it,” I add with a wink, wondering if he’ll catch the joke, and hoping he knows that within the serious potential he might expand on – it is not meant to offend, but to present another option with a little humor to take the edge off of the suggestion.

”After all – there are many types of folk who have your skills, though they do not speak much on them. I know – I’ve asked, and was told that I should not interfere – and these matters were their “Own Affairs” – or, in the Elven ” Cosa Nostra” – it sounds much fairer, but I’m sure that easterners would express the same sentiment – even if they used a different set of words, eh?” I say, wondering at his response – and hoping that possibility may intrigue him.

After all – not all souls that travel the decks of a ship are mere knife-man… Some become far stronger; and then the skills they own would change to fit their power. But, we shall see what he tells me next, I suppose.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Retcon with Sko and the others from the night before.

"The poison from the Reefclaw sacs should be introduced directly into the bloodstream. I do not believe it will not work correctly if ingested. As Flynn mentioned coating his bullets and arrows, we could also coat the blades of our cutlasses and daggers, even the prongs of my trident. But it requires an experienced person with knowledge of applying the toxin lest we poison ourselves in the application. Is there someone among us with this skill?"


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Turning to her fellow pressed mates, Rain informs them, "The storm is moving swiftly toward us. I fear it will be more fierce than the last that came upon us and so we must take greater care among the rigging and wet spars."

Looking to Dhaavan, "You should tie yourself to one of the more experienced riggers, Jiro or myself, even Ratline, if he can be persuaded. Do not attempt to take to the ropes on your own, Dhaavan. This weather will hurt the most experienced of climbers, let alone one who is not familiar with the tilt of a ship or has the strength to pull themselves up."

Looking back toward the lightning and dark clouds, she exclaims, "This storm will hit harder but will probably spend itself more quickly because of its violence. Do not attempt anything foolhardy. If you require aid, then call out, shout -- no shame in asking for aid. I would see us survive this squall."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I glance at the others a moment, as the storm comes.

"For the weaker swimmers, or those who are not lashed - if we cast Light upon them - it seems to me that, if they are driven over the side - it will be far easier to discover them. I can use this spell - is there anyone else here who can?" I call out above the rising wind.

"I will cast it on those who wish it - and if none of you do - well... If no wishes that spell to be cast, I shall cast it at least on myself; though I pray the storm does not take me - or any of us," I say with a quick glance to Plugg on the quarterdeck, but my eyes are guileless.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Answering Flynn, "I have no magical ability at present, Flynn, so I cannot aid you in illuminating our mates. Your idea is sound, however. Can you cast this spell on more than one person at a time? I have never seen it undertaken en masse."

I thought Light could be cast on one object and if it is recast on some other object, the first object loses its light. Unless it is a permanent spell. Am I wrong?

"And Flynn, if those who need the light more than I, do not accept your offer, then I shall. Thank you."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

Answering Flynn, "I have no magical ability at present, Flynn, so I cannot aid you in illuminating our mates. Your idea is sound, however. Can you cast this spell on more than one person at a time? I have never seen it undertaken en masse."

I thought Light could be cast on one object and if it is recast on some other object, the first object loses its light. Unless it is a permanent spell. Am I wrong?

"And Flynn, if those who need the light more than I, do not accept your offer, then I shall. Thank you."

"Nay - you can only cast it on one person, lass - but; I had hoped that among those with the talent, we may find more than one person can cast that spell at least; for it has many uses. Perhaps Dhaavan, or Sandara - I don't know..."

"Does anyone have the talent - or the inclination to use it - or the need to have it cast upon them?" I call out again.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

As of right now Variel does not have it prepared. Being able to target only one person and that at close range I dont know how feasible it is. That being said, if someone wants it and Immortal lets me change my spells prepared I will get rid of detect magic for light.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain, noticing Variel, draws nearer to him. In soft Elven she says to him,

Elven to Variel:
"Be careful aloft. I know your strength in battle and we will be fighting nature herself this day. Gozreh and Besmara will be most fierce. Keep your eyes on Dhaavan for I am concerned he shall fall or perish in the arms of the storm. I shall watch for you. I would not see you hurt, Variel. Any of you." There is a shyness in her voice, now. She is not used to voicing her care for others aloud, especially to Variel. He had not spoken to her since he attepted to explain his words to Flynn. I may have insulted him unintentionally. If we survive this, I shall make recompense."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

With no one yet responding to the question, I shrug.

"Ahoy, Rain - none wished the spell cast upon them. I will cast it on you, then - as you asked," I say loudly, moving toward her, but then - when I am close, I say quietly -

"It may be that pride seals the lips of folk like Dhaavan or the lass Rosie - both are poor swimmers, and I hoped they would not be so foolish as to engage in skills which may cause them to wash overboard. If that happens, I would not have Rosie come near drowning again - nor Dhaavan - who cannot swim well on the best of days."

"I will still cast it on you, for I would not see you drown, either - but; I know your skill in the waves, and was less afraid for you."

"I only ask that we give them a moment longer to consider options - if they say something else - but not on this topic, I shall know they have heard and still do not wish me to use that spell on them - I assure I will cast it on you straight off, for - as I said - your water craft aside, I would not have you drown at all," I add with a flat expression, as if I was merely chatting to you about the rigging and not drawing attention to the topic we are sharing, even as my eyes glance toward Dhaavan and Rosie quickly - making sure that they do not hear these last statements and that my comments to not embarrass them.

I have seen the Halfling's temper - I do not want her to be ashamed to ask for help, and she strikes me as the type who is - especially as a small person - someone who is filled with a desperate need to "prove herself" as able to do anything we can with ease. Such special treatment may make her feel uncomfortable, so I am going to give her a moment longer.

Meanwhile, I do not really believe Dhaavan would be embarrassed by my offer, for I know he is wise enough to know his strengths and limitations - and if he is not skilled at a particular task, he knows there is no shame in asking for aid in that project. I also know he has a lot of work ahead of him, he may not have heard me - and he may need time to consider things better, before he can answer, so I will give him a little more time, just to be sure.

Sko - would you have let me use the poison sacks last night for the bullets? I can ret-con the bullet poisoning - I just need to know if you're open to sharing the poison. Thanks!


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko would have given the sacs to anyone who asked. We have enough poison for 10 coatings; I don't know how much ammunition one coating will cover.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros could feel the storm brewing, both out at sea as well as on the new ship's deck. It seemed like events were lining up quicker than any might have imagined. The dream he had shared with others was coming to pass which was an interesting thing to see. Still, there was plenty that could go wrong and it was only too easy for the gillman to fall back to old habits, staying quiet around the crew and trying to keep himself out of the worst of it. But he knew this was not the way and that it would come to a head one way or another. Best to set his course now, once and for all.

At Flynn's words he moved forward, his voice calling out. I can illuminate those that might need it. You are correct, it will only last on one person at a time but with two of us, that's another that might survive the gale.

Sorry for the absence, hard crew to keep up with the postings. Valeros has Light as well.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Actually, what seals the lips of Dhaavan would be the wedding and traveling waiph said he'd be doing till late tonight. But now that I have a minute... =]

Since light works for 20minutes a pop at this level, Dhaavan says, "Thanks for the offer, when things get going I'll take one o' yea up on that." regarding the spell.

To Rain, Dhaavan smiles in appreciation. "I'll go ask Jiro, since there's heavier folks than I what we need to be worried about, so i'd guess I'm the only one what he could hold up, were I to fall. Hopefully I'll get put on decks like last storm, where I can actually help instead of taking another crewman's attention."

He taked a minute to lash a rope around his waist in a harness so he can attach the end to either another sailor, or the rigging so he won't fall.


The morning progresses with little incident as Plugg, Scourge and his officers are busy prepping the ship and crew for the storm. The sea begins to swell and surge around you. The 105' Man's Promise rides up and down 30' swells. Wind begins to blow the ship back and forth, those up in the rigging swaying upwards of 50 or 60 feet from side to side. A roar builds up around the ship and your vision begins to fade as the rain pours down. Lightning crashes in a torrent of flashing brilliance. Thunder booms so loud you feel it near stop your heart with its fury.

Rosie is up in the rigging near Rain, Horatio and Variel. Looking over at you she screams out to Rain with a maniacal grin Hey I know this is your namesake and all but could you hold the bloody downpour a bit?! Laughing she swings back down to the deck out of sight to help with trimming the mainsail. The storm is so bad you have trouble seeing more than ten feet and only the signals from the bell at the base of the mainmast allow you to coordinate your efforts effectively.

The storm continues through the night and gets even more intense. Thankfully with the preparations you made you do not hear of anyone going overboard though it would be difficult to tell even if they did. During the storm you feel the ship listing to the side and being pushed off course.

After a horrific night a slight tinge of grey begins to peak through the black, it is still all but impossible to see though. All of a sudden the bell starts ringing frantically. Over the storm you hear someone scream out ROCKS OFF THE STARBOARD SIDE!

Spinning around a lull in the storm allows you to spot the spray coming up off a series of rocks and a large mass beyond that looks like it might be an island of some sort. Plugg is yelling out over the din to try and keep the ship off the rocks but it looks like the currents are pulling you right towards them.

A crunching sound stills your hearts as Plugg calls everyone down below deck to check on the damage. Going below you see a hole in the hull on the starboard side and water is pouring in. You also see that the rock that has pierced the side has opened the fresh water barrel and it has all poured out. Although the ship is not in immediate danger of sinking, she’ll eventually sink unless repairs are made, even if the bilge pumps are operated 24 hours a day. Mr. Plugg looks at it and shouts out for several of the crew to begin dismantling the ship’s deck to repair the vessel.

The storm abates over the next hour. Going up on deck, you look out over the sea as the sun pierces through the black clouds. An island looms to your south. Looking at the sea, it appears you aren't hung up on rocks but exposed coral reef which seems to ring the island. The waters are crystal clear and if it wasn't for the imminent danger it would be quite beautiful.

The island itself is quite small, you would guess only about 4 or 5 miles square. A huge ridge towers over the western portion of the island and a single raised spire of rock stands opposed to the ridge across the island with miles of jungle in between.

Plugg calls everyone on deck and Scourge calls roll to make sure no one was lost in the storm. You notice that Ratline and Sandara are not there and they do not answer the roll call.

Perception DC 15:
While moving towards roll call you spot Sandara's holy symbol to Besmara lying on the deck. The cord seems frayed as if it was ripped off. There are also scuffs and scratches on the deck.

Survival DC 20:
The tracks look like they come from the hooked tentacles consistent with Grindylows.

Plugg doesn't waste a moment on them before saying Probably got swept over in the storm. In any case I can't waste time on them when we need to get repaired. Also, our water barrel burst during the wreck. You lot! He says to you seven. Take the cutter and a few extra barrels and find water on the island. It'll take about 48 hours to fix the ship and if you aren't back to us by then we sail without you! With that the crew are dismissed to their duties.

Alright I know I gave you all a lot but I didn't want to bog things down with another storm. I hope this piques your interest and will be fun to get off the ship for a while. Let me know if you have any questions.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:
Sko would have given the sacs to anyone who asked. We have enough poison for 10 coatings; I don't know how much ammunition one coating will cover.

Details for the GM:

Wow… I just read the full ruling on this… Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Meanwhile – full details on my enthusiasm can be found in a PM to you.

As the PM suggests – here are the 4 rolls via “accidentally poisoning myself”.

1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 6

EDIT: Score!

Please check your PM for further details. Thank you!

I nod pleasantly at Sko.

”Thank you, Mister Sko. For this project, I shall only require four doses, I think… This would leave the rest of you with 6 to arm your weapons – if you would like?”

FYI – My weapon is currently armed/primed with the first Alchemical Shot. My pouch will contain the 4 pitted shots, and 4 regular shots – as well as the rest of the Alchemical Shots.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

The morning progresses with little incident as Plugg, Scourge and his officers are busy prepping the ship and crew for the storm. The sea begins to swell and surge around you. The 105' Man's Promise rides up and down 30' swells. Wind begins to blow the ship back and forth, those up in the rigging swaying upwards of 50 or 60 feet from side to side. A roar builds up around the ship and your vision begins to fade as the rain pours down. Lightning crashes in a torrent of flashing brilliance. Thunder booms so loud you feel it near stop your heart with its fury.

Rosie is up in the rigging near Rain, Horatio and Variel. Looking over at you she screams out to Rain with a maniacal grin Hey I know this is your namesake and all but could you hold the bloody downpour a bit?! Laughing she swings back down to the deck out of sight to help with trimming the mainsail. The storm is so bad you have trouble seeing more than ten feet and only the signals from the bell at the base of the mainmast allow you to coordinate your efforts effectively.

The storm continues through the night and gets even more intense. Thankfully with the preparations you made you do not hear of anyone going overboard though it would be difficult to tell even if they did. During the storm you feel the ship listing to the side and being pushed off course.

After a horrific night a slight tinge of grey begins to peak through the black, it is still all but impossible to see though. All of a sudden the bell starts ringing frantically. Over the storm you hear someone scream out ROCKS OFF THE STARBOARD SIDE!

Spinning around a lull in the storm allows you to spot the spray coming up off a series of rocks and a large mass beyond that looks like it might be an island of some sort. Plugg is yelling out over the din to try and keep the ship off the rocks but it looks like the currents are pulling you right towards them.

A crunching sound stills your hearts as Plugg calls everyone down below deck to check on the damage. Going below you see a...

Perception

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Survival
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Perceing nothing of note, I grab my kit from below, and swing it over my shoulders and head to the cutter.

The only thing I've left behind is my rapier - but for now, I'll be using the short sword.

My lore of the natural world makes me ponder a bit, as I glance at the coast.

Hmm.... A "square" island... Very interesting...

That said, I would also have grabbed two day's worth of rations, and a waterskin.

I smile inwardly that the fool would send a skilled carpenter on an island to find water. Then - a thought strikes me...

What if that is merely a ruse? What if he wishes us to be marooned here, as he is close enough to his goal that he no longer needs us - yet fears us in battle...

My face hardens - I am not pleased at this prospect - and resolve to keep a stern eye on the ship from the straight and narrow coastline when we reach the trees.

Meanwhile - be ready for anything!

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Retcon with Rain...

Variel's eyes light up as he sees Rain approach. Hoping that her words were one of camaraderie and friendship instead of reproach for something Variel said earlier. Thus it with a lighter heart when she expresses her concern for his well being during the coming storm. Thank you Rain for your concerrn and for the compliment you bestowed upon me. I take my 'dance' seriously and appreciate your noticing. It took me a long time to learn it and I am still trying to perfect it even yet. As far as the storm is concerned, I will watch as much as I can for the others yet I prepared myself for the eventuality afterwards as well. I will be ready should our conversation last night prove fruitful and the opportunity arise afterwards. I will await a sign from you before I proceed though. With that Variel lightly touches her hand. If she does not pull away, Variel will give it a light squeeze.

Just before they go to heir duties, Take care if yourself too Rain. I would hate for something to happen to you after all this time. Not that I would expect anyone to try something in such a situation, but you never know. I will try to keep an eye out as well, but your eyes are better than mine in such instances.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Seijiro, oblivious to all, scowls as he hears Sandara and Ratline are missing... Ratline was a good sort and he'll be missed. Sandara was beautiful and faithful, and I was hoping to get to know her better. That's what I get for my shyness, now I've lost my chance. He feels tears well in his eyes and wipes them away quickly before anyone can notice.

He keeps his gear on him, but does keep a few things in storage, which he runs down to get, thankful for the opportunity to hide his tears a little. He comes back on deck fully accoutred and ready to go look for fresh water when a thought occurs to him... and he whispers to Valeros "Can't you create water enough for our voyage?"

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Survival 1d20 ⇒ 17

Not suspecting anything out of the ordinary, Variel nods his head about finding a source of pure water. It was a sad fate that took Ratline and Sanara, but that was to be expected if you ply the seas. Before Variel goes to grab his things, he gives a silent prayer to Besmara for taking both of them and one for keeping him and Rain safe. Hopefully it was quick and the seas swallowed them without much ado. With the silent prayers done, Variel grabs all his gear and prepare to head to the island?

As Variel starts to prepare the cutter he thinks about the damage to the ship and the fact that Plugg threatens to leave without them. Will it only take 48 hours and is there enough crew left after losing 9 to sail the ship even? Regardless we better make it as quick as we can.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Valeros looked out over the water at the island. It was small but it was something after the storm. He hoped there'd be something there to help fix the boat up.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Looking at the tracks, Sko mutters, "Grindylows..." to no one in particular.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Perception (DC 15): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Survival (DC 20): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

When only the pressed gang are congregated together, Rain quietly shares what she noticed on her way to roll call with Plugg. She looks alarmed and tries to shield her face from Plugg and his cronies.

"Did any of you happen to see Sandara's holy symbol lying on the deck when Plugg called us up for roll? From what I could see, the cord seemed frayed, like it had been torn off her. There were also scuffs and scratches on the deck. The tracks seemed like those made by the hooked tentacles of the Grindylows. I hope Ratline and Sandara were not taken by the likes of them."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"If they were taken by creatures perhaps we can yet rescue them? Would these... grindylows?... have taken them to the island?"

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

this takes place on the water away from the ship....

That would be quite a blessing indeed as I had already said prayers to Besmara on their behalf. If we could find them that would be quite the boon and possibly help in convincing the others to join us later against Plugg and Scourge. The question now is where do we start to look on such sized island as this. We dare not split up for fear of loosing each other or finding some inhabitants that prove unfriendly. What do you know of these creatures?

Know nature?


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Knowledge, Nature (re Grindylows): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


with that roll rain there you go lol


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

"Grindylows look like a goblin on their top half and an octopus from their waist down. They are amphibious and rather violent, ravenous creatures. They use their tentacles to trip their prey and then drag them into the water. They like to torture things with their spears simply for the pleasure of hearing them scream and cry. Rather sadistic, small beings. They have a nasty reputation among land and water dwellers. "


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I tighten my belt, and loosen the blade in my sheeth, and double check the priming on my pistol.

"I didn't see the symbol lass - lost in thought. Did you claim it? Priests need a symbol of their deity to channel their god's power... She'll likely want it back, when we find them," I say deilberately.

They're alive - Milani be sure of it...

"As for these creatures - I don't know much about them myself - just that they tend to be filthy - like goblin-kind... but their physiology is different internally. I never bothered to study the things - it was only side note when I did paper on goblins. Never knew they were like octopi though... Sounds like a damn nasty creature... but I bet it would be easy to track, eh?"

I pause, thinking a moment, my mind tacking course suddenly.

"Any source of water will eventually run down to the beach out to sea... If we walk around the coast, we'd likely find any stream... But, unless I miss my guess, it will be far more fresh the farther we get from the beach."

"If we find a stream and follow it up into the island there - we may be able to discover two birds with one stone, eh?"

"Fresher water inland means that if these scum that took our mates are living on this island - it's likely that they'll be living near fresh water. And it's equally likely that we can find such sources by following streams into the mainland. That'll be a better place to get new fresh water for these tubs we're hauling."

I pause a moment, than look back at Rain -

"Damnation! Do these things even drink fresh water, or do they like salt water instead?" I ask suddenly.

I glance back to the trees, and grunt.

"Well - either way - if they eat meat - the meat will need to be near fresh water - we may even find a game trail. If they eat fish, we'll find tracks near the cost."

"Anyhow Rain - you're the one with the woodcraft - what's our move?" I ask, drawing my shorsword from it's sheath.

"And uh, not that it matters much - but I say - as we have about two days or so - maybe we don't need to fill up the kegs quite yet... Maybe we could do a little searching for friends first, eh?"


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"They sound unpleasant... if they captured our friends, we should make an effort to rescue them from such a fate if we can. Even if we're late with the water, I doubt Plugg would maroon us here with one of his boats and half his crew. He'd have not enough left to man the ship. His threat held little promise in it when he made it... "

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Wow that's quite an impressive wealth of information there Rain. I am impressed, I knew you were skilled in the working of the ship but did not know you were so learned. So, where do you think we should go? Do we follow the coast around the island looking for clues as to the whereabouts of these Grindylows or would you suggest going to the top of the cliff to look around from that vantage point? Unless someone else has a strong opinion I am ambivalent either way. Both have their merit.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
"They sounds unpleasant... if they captured our friends, we should make an effort to rescue them from such a fate if we can. Even if we're late with the water, I doubt Plugg would maroon us here with one of his boats and half his crew. He'd have not enough left to man the ship. His threat held little promise in it when he made it... "

"Hell yeah, lad - let's do it then," I say clapping Jiro on his back with my free hand, the other holding the glowing steel of my enchanted short sword.

"And as for Plugg - yeah... he'd likely not leave us - unless he's close to his Blood Cove place - and this is just a plan to ditch us, rather than fight us."

"Anyway - ichi-ban plan on getting our mates back. Aye - let's take 'em back and leave nothing behind!" I add, with a quick glance to the heavens.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

"Grindylows look like a goblin on their top half and an octopus from their waist down. They are amphibious and rather violent, ravenous creatures. They use their tentacles to trip their prey and then drag them into the water. They like to torture things with their spears simply for the pleasure of hearing them scream and cry. Rather sadistic, small beings. They have a nasty reputation among land and water dwellers. "

I laugh grimly.

"Lass, you make the call. But I'm telling you now - the time for cooling our heels is past. Our mates are snatched - they may be hurting, based on your observations - we don't have time to dally."

"If you like - we could split up - maybe you guide one group - Sko the other; he's got to know something on woodcraft, too."

I turn to Variel, surprise on my face at his words.

"Gods below, lad. Those are our friends out there, right? Come on now, show some heart, eh?"

I shake my head, somewhat frustrated by the sentiment.

"Now let's stow that kind of talk. If our friends just got snatched, and these Gridny folk be as bad as Rain says they are, they could be in trouble now. Hell, lad... I ain't got time to be... "ambivalent"... when our mates are in a pinch," I add with a friendly punch to his arm, hoping to shake the elf out of his mood and excite some energy in him.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel struggles mightily To refrain from responding to Flynn's retort about ambivalence. It takes all of his will to do so and even then he almost slips into the verbal sparring that flynn and him have exchanged in the past. It is only because he sees everyone else around that he realizes it does no good to argue here with him. Of course Variel wants to save his friends, but he does not have the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision. Hopefully Rain and the others know this as Variel just bends his efforts into getting to the island quicker.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain looks at Flynn and Variel. Her focus is more on the doctor and she tries to communicate silently to him to mind how he articulates his thoughts. Flynn, do not speak thusly or else Variel will take offense. Your words do not show themselves as in jest some of the time. She extends an apologetic glance at Variel.

"I would rather not see our group divided at this time. Aye, it would save us time to have two search parties but it leaves us vulnerable against predators such as the Grindylows. We are stronger together and if we are the save our friends we need a greater show of force."

Remembering Flynn's question regarding Sandara's holy symbol, Rain nods her head in the affirmative, patting the pocket at her side. (Immortal, I am going with Rain having seen and then picked up the holy symbol. I'm not sure whether you would have wanted her to roll a Sleight of Hand or Stealth to pick it up unseen... Please let me know and I will retcon it.)

Turning to Variel, "Let us get to higher ground so we may view the island better. We may see these creatures and our two mates or we may assess possible hiding places of these creatures."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Perhaps someone among us can watch for tracks of creatures while we travel, in case they came ashore near here... it might lessen our search time if we don't have to climb to get that overhead view... I might notice tracks, but following them isn't exactly my specialty."

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel nods his head at Rain's decision. Aye, Rain. Closest point to where we may ascend to the top and have a look around. Your eyesight is better than mine. Just tell me which spot looks promising as we get closer and I'll try to help get us there as quick as possible. Since he has his direction, Variel doesnt even look up at where they are going. He just relies on the instructions coming to him. In this way he can ignore the jibe from Flynn and make it look like he is just putting his all into the work.

After a while he does look up and notices that the island is a lot closer. Glancing over and Dhaavan, Dhaavan, would your friend be of any help to us in this matter? He is good at spotting things and can cover more distance than we can by foot or boat. Could he give us an aerial perspective or fly ahead to inform us of what is to come?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Variel nods his head at Rain's decision. Aye, Rain. Closest point to where we may ascend to the top and have a look around. Your eyesight is better than mine. Just tell me which spot looks promising as we get closer and I'll try to help get us there as quick as possible. Since he has his direction, Variel doesnt even look up at where they are going. He just relies on the instructions coming to him. In this way he can ignore the jibe from Flynn and make it look like he is just putting his all into the work.

After a while he does look up and notices that the island is a lot closer.

I look at Variel - my eyes light up happily at his sudden addition.

"Why - that's a fine plan - I was just thinking it myself," I say with grin at the elf.

"Hell - glad to see you're on board here, lad. Why, you keep up that kind of quick thinking, and we may just get something done!"

Pleased to hear the positive change from the strangely dour magus, I turn back to Rain, my eyes narrowing at the presence of the island, prepared for what comes.

"Well lass - what do you say; seems like maybe Variel's plan may have some merit, if you're up for it."

"Meantime - you got a plan for the skiff and water casks? We probably don't want them busted or broken, eh?"

"How about you, Variel - any thoughts?" I say with a pleasant voice as we continue to push forward.

"They say elves are handy to have in the woods - know their way around the trees and such... 'Course, you two are the first elves I met, and I don't know how true it is... but I have heard that's the case."

"Well Val - how about it? You want to take lead when we hit sand, or leave it to Rain - or maybe the two of you push forward while ol' Sko brings up the rear?" I add, wondering curiously what our marching order will be, once we get to land.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
"Perhaps someone among us can watch for tracks of creatures while we travel, in case they came ashore near here... it might lessen our search time if we don't have to climb to get that overhead view... I might notice tracks, but following them isn't exactly my specialty."

"I like that plan right enough, Jiro-san! Hell - why'd we want to go climbing up that peak makes no sense to me in the first place when we got a lad who can just fly up there," I say, giving Dhaavan a wink.

"Not even sure why'd it be picked to head for on foot to begin with... but who knows? We may end walking there eventually, reckon it all depends."

I fit a tobacco quid into my mouth and begin to chomp lustily, then spit to the leeward.

"Well, let's too it, eh?" I add to no one in particular.

"We hit the beach - find our mates, and make them that pinched them pay in blood," I add the last in a neutral and matter of fact tone.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Glad you took her symbol. Hopefully Sandara'll be in need of it when, we find her." Dhaavan says to Rain with a weak attempt at an optimistic grin.

While underway, Dhaavan is rather quiet, worried about Sandara, and listening as the others discuss the Grindilows, rolling his eyes a little at some of the back-and-forthing going on, zoning out for most of the ride over. He comes to as they approach the island when he feels a sense of annoyance coming through his empathetic link with Jack. Looking up, he asks, "What, I'm sorry. Little distracted... um..."

Jack turns to Dhaavan, "They want to send me winging around the island to look for Sandy and Ratty. Pay attention will ya!"

"Ah, yup, that sounds good. Take a look around, try to find any tracks, maybe see where they lead. And if anything dangerous shows get the hells back here, yeah?" he says nodding to the bird, looking out at the Island.

"Sure thing. I like them two too, and yer runnin' out of friends" the bird says as he flies off to scout the Island and track the Grindilows.
Jack's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
jack's Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 to track.
Jack's stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 to not be seen by what he's tracking. [ooc]Not sure what the penalties would be for normal moving while flying and avoiding predators and whatever he is traking.

Jack flies over the island, keeping fairly low to the ground so he can dart into a hiding place if need-be and keeping a sharp eye out for signs of Sandara, Ratline, and Grindilows.

If Jack does find such signs, he'll track them to some kind of point of origin, not entering and keeping low profile. He reports back to the group if he can't find anything, or does find something, and can guide the party to whatever he finds.

2,151 to 2,200 of 8,093 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.