Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


2,101 to 2,150 of 8,093 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro shrugs. "I have the potion, so I'm willing to go if you all think it's worth the risk... but maybe we should wait for Jack to get back. I dunno what he's learning, if anything, and if nothing, we need to get someone else up there... on the other hand if he's getting all the information we need, I don't need to go. I will leave it all up to you all to decide. As I said, I'm willing to try it."

Seijiro stands and makes sure he's not carrying anything that jingles, like coin or loose items, storing all such in his locker in preparation, just in case.

IF the decision is that Seijiro goes to sneak up to the door of the captain's quarters and listen, here are his rolls. He'll be saving the potion of invisibility for if he hears someone coming or thinks he's about to be discovered.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I glance up from my work and I watch Jiro prepare to go. I turn to look at Variel - and wonder why he would volunteer to go with Jiro - even with the potion Jiro had, a potion that Plugg knew we possessed - and would likely prepare to guard against...

Certainly using the potion now would be a waste just to catch a tidbit of news, and in any case - where one stealthy person may be successful - it seemed likely that sending two would be twice as risky; for both of them.

This danger was evident; although I knew Jiro's skill... But even so, it seemed to be a waste of a potion, though it may help him, if his task was simply to wait by a door and hope to overhear something that may have already been said - or may never be said.

Absently I wondered why Variel would insist on going with him at this time.

Was it to aid Jiro?

I could not say... I was no expert in espionage, but could not guess why two should be more quiet then one would be... Unless perhaps the elf was skilled in some magic that could aid their stealth, even as the potion could. Not knowing Variel's skill in magic, I conceded that it was possible that he might indeed have such powers, though I had never seen him use them.

But, in any case - rather then have them risk themselves for reasons I did not understand, I attempted one last try to reason with them.

"Knowledge is a type of power Variel, that is true. But I myself do not feel comfortable at risking your life or the life of Jiro-san on the off chance that he may gain some knowledge. Plugg is dangerous and I believe that the risk outweighs the potential gain."

"After all, by the time Jiro is aloft - whatever words Plugg is speaking now that could be useful to us will already be said. And if he achieved his goal in stealth and was able to wait all night? It is also possible that Plugg may use the whole evening and say nothing of use to us at all. It is also possible that Plugg may be prepared to disclose something of great value after all, and, being that this information is quite valuable - he may have also doubled the watch; and they may in fact see the good lad here, despite his best efforts," I say with a gentle indication toward Jiro.

"Of course, all of this is guesswork, perhaps - but in the end, the alternative guess - that Plugg is speaking private words of great value to us, at the precise time Jiro is aloft to overhear them - and also that he himself is not caught and punished... Well, that is only a guess, too. And as I see it, the odds are highly unlikely," I add gently.

I sigh, then, picking up my knife and the wood, and go back to work on the project - I know it will take a long time to complete - but it is of little concern to me, for it occupies my mind.

"But, in any case, there are those with more stealth and skill afoot already, I believe. And that is Jack the thrush."

"But if you are resolved on this plan, I would suggest that it may be wiser for you to at least wait until the good thrush has returned and can speak of what he saw and heard first."

I study my notes a bit, then continue to work.

"After all, he may have found out what you need to, before going aloft with Jiro-san."

I pause a moment, turning to look up at the easterner a moment.

"But, Jiro-san, my friend - if you are asking for my vote on this decision - if you would leave the decision up to me, as you suggested, then I would vote: no, do not go at all. You are my friend, and I would not have you risk your life against such long odds."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro shrugs and looks to the others for their opinions as all matter right now. When Flynn speaks, he does get a look of relief on his face though... and he sits until a decision is made. "To be honest, I'd rather not go if it's not necessary... so unless the rest of you think I should go now, I'd just as soon wait for the return of the bird, as Flynn-san has said."

I suspect by the time a decision is made, the bird will be back anyway, lol


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I continue to carve, but smile a little as Jiro sits back down.

"The thrush - like the dawn"
"brings hope; like a new sunrise."
"And with hope - comes peace."

I say with a reassuring grin, though I don't look up from my work. I am, however, pleased to see that Jiro will be safe.

After all - the hatches were locked, were they not? To open them he must use his tools; and that is difficult work to do quietly. Having succeeded he must move against unknown and unmarked targets - and, then - should he prevail, and hear news of great note, he would be forced to return with all speed below decks, and be forced to seal the hatches above him.

This would also be difficult - and if it was marked - it would be clear evidence that he had attempted to move.

And what if he was in the grip of the potion? What if the pirate guards had come below to check on their suspicions and determined to count our numbers? How ironic it would be if Jiro was with us then - but not marked - as he may be invisible?

Then - even if he had not been heard, nor been seen - if the pirates might check us while he was in the grip of the potion, they would declare him missing. And this would only mean that when they saw him next, his fate would already be sealed.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

While Jack is away, Dhaavan listens to the other's but has to mention, "Jack may be clever, but he is still just a bird. Not exactly the most knowledgeable or bright thing on the seas. Now I'm betting that things are about to go sideways in a bad way, I can tell that from how Jack's feelin' right now. via the empathetic link So if you want to check it out now, that may be a good idea. Otherwise I'll let ya know what he finds." Dhaavan isn't exceptionally worried at the moment, seeing as Jack isn't afraid or in danger, but still he is rather quiet, as if listening to some kind of unseen connection to the bird.

When Jack does return:
Listening to the bird's whispers, Dhaavan tells the crew of the news. "Well, at this point, we're good as dead anyway based on what Jack's told me. Plugg plans on re-fitting this ship and making himself a Free-Captain no longer sailing under Harrigan. Even better, before he gets to his destination he plans of offing the lot of us. Now I for one would like a little more information if that's at all possible, but if you don't want to risk it, I ain't gonna tell ya what ya gotta do. I got no chance up there, Invisible or not." Dhaavan gives Sejiro an understanding look, knowing that there is serious risk entailed in spying on Plugg right now.

"By the way, what in the hells is a 'Squib'? Anybody know?"

Also, Jiro, Invisibility gives +20 to stealth while moving +40 standing, and can be drunk as a standard action which you can ready to do if someone comes, so if they go to open the door, you can down the potion, and disappear for at least 3 minutes. (Lv2 spell requires at least a 3rd level caster) so you can make it out there, and if anyone shows up, Drink, and get back pretty fast with nobody being any the wiser. But your call.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I hate this waiting though... It's boring and makes me weary of this whole journey" He responds to Flynn's haiku with one of his own:

Vengeance Spirits come
Engulf the wicked, ensnare
Fox yawns; time is near

He sighs and fiddles with one of his daggers while he sits, flipping it casually in his hand while he thinks.

It's time you revealed to them what you really are... especially now that we're alone and none of Plugg's toadies around to report.. but we don't know that we're not being watched. So best keep it to yourself for now... The time will come soon enough. Let them keep thinking you're human for now.

He lowers his head and watches the dagger flash in the small amount of light in the hold, his hair hiding most of the expression on his face, distant and pensive.

He looks up at Dhaavan and nods to him. "If the meeting isn't already over that is... it sounds like your bird found out the gist of their plans... what more is there to learn?"


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

While Jack is away, Dhaavan listens to the other's but has to mention, "Jack may be clever, but he is still just a bird. Not exactly the most knowledgeable or bright thing on the seas. Now I'm betting that things are about to go sideways in a bad way, I can tell that from how Jack's feelin' right now. via the empathetic link So if you want to check it out now, that may be a good idea. Otherwise I'll let ya know what he finds." Dhaavan isn't exceptionally worried at the moment, seeing as Jack isn't afraid or in danger, but still he is rather quiet, as if listening to some kind of unseen connection to the bird.

When Jack does return:
Listening to the bird's whispers, Dhaavan tells the crew of the news. "Well, at this point, we're good as dead anyway based on what Jack's told me. Plugg plans on re-fitting this ship and making himself a Free-Captain no longer sailing under Harrigan. Even better, before he gets to his destination he plans of offing the lot of us. Now I for one would like a little more information if that's at all possible, but if you don't want to risk it, I ain't gonna tell ya what ya gotta do. I got no chance up there, Invisible or not." Dhaavan gives Sejiro an understanding look, knowing that there is serious risk entailed in spying on Plugg right now.

"By the way, what in the hells is a 'Squib'? Anybody know?"

Also, Jiro, Invisibility gives +20 to stealth while moving +40 standing, and can be drunk as a standard action which you can ready to do if someone comes, so if they go to open the door, you can down the potion, and disappear for at least 3 minutes. (Lv2 spell requires at least a 3rd level caster) so you can make it out there, and if anyone shows up, Drink, and get back pretty fast with nobody being any the wiser. But your call.

I continue to carve patiently.

”I know at least that a squib is a type of toy to delight children – like a small signal flare that a child may hold in his hand – it uses black powder, and other alchemical compounds – when lit, it explodes with a loud noise, and does no real damage save to startle and delight young folk. Excepting, of course, when it is used to light cannon... or perhaps other explosions...” I say with a dry grin.

”More than that I cannot say – though I would guess that Plugg is not speaking of the same thing.”

”However – it does not seem logical for Jiro-san to advance at all, at this time,” I add with a cool and relaxed voice, as I taste a sip from my hip flask, then continue to work.

”Plugg has tacked course – this much is clear now. Yet we are at least a day’s sailing from any point of note… for we are still in deep water, having only ventured from The Wormwood less than a day ago – and she herself was several days into deep waters, with no land around – not even the coast Slithering was a day’s journey away – likely two.”

”If Plugg ran straight to land – he’d be far from it, I’d wager, by at least a day or so... But in any case, he would seek to use us first to get him to a place that he well afford to comfortably eliminate any who are disloyal to him; this means a real port town, not simply a beachhead, I'd wager. For once we and our folk are dead; he'd then send the remaining lads he trusts to gather another pressed gang to deal with this ship. He can afford such actions only while in a port town, or near sailors of note.”

”But first he needs to refit our ship – and this takes time and action – sails must be changed – lines re-worked, and perhaps some other cosmetic differences must be made; such as painting over the name of the ship on the aft beams - and covering up the Rahadoum hereldic devices that we saw from a distance.”

”All that will take more time. I would think that we are likely quite safe for tonight. And, having spoken these facts already in front of your friend Jack, I doubt much he will enlarge on the day or hour that he elects to have us butchered in the time that Jiro-san would be able to rush aloft and reach his door,” I add with an almost bored tone.

”But luckily we are forewarned now, are we not? We know that he will make his move – we know that he will act soon – and we know that action must be taken by us.”

”But what action would there be?” I add somewhat rhetorically, but then press on.

”We may advance against him with weapons drawn now and kill him outright – but again, unless one of us can pilot this vessel – what purpose does that serve to kill him so far from land ourselves? Do we know our position? Do we know where he keeps his logbook or navigational instruments? Do we know if his logbook is encoded – as many captains do encode their logbooks. And do we know how to find our way to safety, if he is killed now?”

I shrug.

”Perhaps we can manage all of that. But if you would have him killed right now, then there are easier ways then rushing to slaughter him openly, and possibly losing trusty allies in the bargain. After all – we have the hands of the cook before us.”

”Dhaavan, you are magi, this is true. And I'd wager that you may be crafty at such a thing that I may suggest now – and in this very thing I myself have a little talent as well…"

"Specifically, perhaps we two could contrive a poison for Plugg’s food – he has no taster – there is no one to sample his meal. It would be easy for the chef to add poison to his food before he sets it upon the board – both for him and all of his allies – and very safe for us, for we should not need fight him – and all of our allies remain safe, even as he and his friends end up dead quickly and easily, should the cook aid in this plan,” I say with a quick glance to Sko.

”Or… if poison is not your method… perhaps another shall avail you?”

”For myself – I care little on what plan is used for that. My only concern is that we have few allies now to his men. I would not see them fall one by one – nor needlessly. We have the wisdom of Jack the thrush – what more purpose would it serve Jiro-san to head above decks – save that it would cause him to taste a potion of rare value – and then, having supped upon it – he may at the least be noticed even then. For I tell you truly,” I say looking up now at Dhaavan with a keen eye ”I am no fool that I do not know of the advantages that being invisible may lend to stealth – aye. But it is stealth that pits unseen body verse the watching eye – this I do not fear. But the stealth that is not masked? Namely – the sound of a footfall on a creaking deck… this cannot be so masked with the potion alone… Indeed; the spell gives advantages to particular means of stealth, but not to all.”

”Yet it seems now there is no reason to go aloft – and that this discussion is, at most, academic. It is good. Tonight we set watch to make sure that none come down to slaughter us all in our sleep, if you will – and in the morning, during our duties – perhaps you can contrive a way to cause havoc on the ship with magic – not undue havoc mind you – loosed rigging, damaged sails - things to slow his journey while we plan, not hurry us to the coast, eh? Your magic can do this at range - and you can even contrive to make it seem that our enemies are the ones who are failing Plugg. Then - by your sorcery and silver tongue, should you even be noticed - Plugg may fall on his own folk, and he and they set to killing each other for us, even as we use those delays to plan.”

"Remember - Plugg is ruthless with his application of the lash. He will strike friend or foe alike - and this means he may cause trouble with his own folk - if only for discipline sake. But that is only if he is given cause - such as them failing a duty, eh? Well... if by your magic this can appear so; we may have pushed him to killing one of his men, or wounding him before a fight - or at the least causing a further divide with him and his allies which we can exploit."

”Of course,” I say going back to my work ”Those are only suggestions. Naturally you must do what you feel is right – but I am at least glad now. I would not have Jiro-san risk his life now that we are armed better with knowledge. And for what Jack has brought us - for now, I think this is enough.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

"I hate this waiting though... It's boring and makes me weary of this whole journey" He responds to Flynn's haiku with one of his own:

Vengeance Spirits come
Engulf the wicked, ensnare
Fox yawns; time is near

He sighs and fiddles with one of his daggers while he sits, flipping it casually in his hand while he thinks.

It's time you revealed to them what you really are... especially now that we're alone and none of Plugg's toadies around to report.. but we don't know that we're not being watched. So best keep it to yourself for now... The time will come soon enough. Let them keep thinking you're human for now.

He lowers his head and watches the dagger flash in the small amount of light in the hold, his hair hiding most of the expression on his face, distant and pensive.

He looks up at Dhaavan and nods to him. "If the meeting isn't already over that is... it sounds like your bird found out the gist of their plans... what more is there to learn?"

I grin at Jiro from my work and pause – then respond.

”The fox licks his chops –“
”to feast on hot vengeance. Yet;”
”revenge tastes best cold..."

Than I smile a little as I work.

”I am not eager to endure this monotony either. Even so – sometimes we must, as my uncle would say ”Hurry up and wait!” It seems that is our recourse – though keeping a watch in the night for an errant assassin may be wise. Would any be willing to do so?” I ask amicably from my work.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

As I work, a sudden thought explodes in my mind.

Squib? Cannon?

”Dhaavan – you mentioned squib, eh?” I say thinking quickly.

”Do you recall our fight with the former owners of this ship?"

"Well, shortly before the battle concluded there was a large explosion, though I did not know what caused it. Now, having had a chance to look things over below I saw scorch marks where an explosion had clearly occurred… though luckily the beams were still sound.”

”Now, you know that Plugg is no magi – nor is his dog Scourge, eh? How, then, could he make such an explosion with such ease? Yet if not him - then what of the sailors who conned this ship before us?" I say, almost speaking to myself.

"Perhaps there was already something on the ship to make the explosion occur with ease, eh? Perhaps during the salvage after the battle Plugg may have found a keg or so of black powder and smuggled it aboard with Harrigan noticing to sell later?"

"And now perhaps he would seek to use it to wound the ship further, and give pretense for moving quick to land? Remember, he does not yet know we have knowledge of his plans. When he decides to have us move quickly to land - there must be a decent excuse for him to use, lest he cause us to get suspicious of his actions, eh?”

My mind churns feverishly.

”I do not know if that is the case… yet if it is… we should be wary… black powder is both powerful and dangerous,” I add almost hotly and protectively – as if misusing black powder is somehow offensive to me.

”Also,” I say after a moment ”well… if has a squib to light such a keg - and there is indeed a keg on board... Dhaavan my fine friend; such things are of great value indeed! The value on the open market in raw coin for something as small as a 5 lbs keg alone... why, such a keg would fetch roughly 1,000 gold pieces – if indeed there is such a keg aboard,” I say almost hungrily – though you suspect less for the gold, then the alchemical compound used in firearms.

”I do not know if this is true – but it is worth noting, and perhaps watching for – if we can find one. If you do – it could be very valuable at our next port of call, eh? And that is information worth knowing, eh?” I add with a sudden, fierce light in my eyes.


Knowledge Local DC15 or Profession: Sailor DC 10:
A "Squib" is a retrofitted ship that has been stolen and made to look different so as to not let on that it is the same ship to those who might be angered at its theft. It is also a commonly used term due to mutineers not wanting to be tracked and killed by those they may have offended.

Craft:Alchemy dc 10:
Horatio, and anyone else that went and looked at the scorch marks, you don't remember seeing any evidence of powder down in the hold but you definitely could be mistaken. It is a mystery but the explosion was less concussive as black powder is and more flame such as you would find with alchemical fire or the like. Black powder would have caused more structural damage.


Jack is listening to the conversation and says It almost sounded like when that f$!!ing bastard was talking, that when he said Squibs he was referring to a place as well as a thing. I tell you what though, I hope that the motherf%$*ing c&~* rag tries something soon. I can't wait to sink my beak into his jelly filled eyes.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan pats Jack on the head to calm the bird. "Huh, if its a place and a thing, it's not likely the explosive yer thinking about Flynn. Maybe there's another more nautical meaning of the word. Now there's plenty of ways to make an explosion without getting into Black-Powder. Harrigan for sure wouldn't waste a keg if it were worth so much. There's any number of spells that create a Fireball even ones that don't explode for a while so they can be tossed into a room after the manic creates them. I'd bank on something like that, or some other alchemical process rather than wasting that kind of expensive stuff."

Sailor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 nope, no recollection of the word Squib

"I'd rather be done with things sooner rather than later, but that's just me. I want to have this fight on my own terms, not wait till the rat bastard makes his move. Safer that way for us. But it could make sense to wait till we're closer to port so we have an easier time navigating the boat the rest of the way. Just don't want to give the Rahadoumi too much time to take a liking to Plugg. They'd be valuable crewmen. But I ain't making a move on my lonesome."

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Profession sailor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 nope don't know anything either

So what exactly is everyone suggesting just so we are all clear? No one ele has said it and i told myelf i would not be the first but everyone is dancing around the subject without actually putting a name to it. Mutiny. There now the word is mentioned. Is this exactly what we are planning here? Removing Plugg and Scourge and setting one of us up as captain instead? If so than whatever we decide know that this effects everyone not just us seven.

Variel takes a look around to see who of the friends with them heard his words and how they react. Taking a breath, Variel proceeds cautiously while looking at Rain. If this is what people are hinting at then who among us will lead and captain the ship? This needs to be answered before I think anything else can be committed to. If we decide this is the direction we are going, I still feel that we should wait two days to make sure our suspicions are correct in the direction that Plugg is going. Not that I don't trust jack, but it's one thing to hear and another to prove. Variel sits backs and peers at the rest now that he mentioned the fatal word and sees how they react.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

I continue to work on my project, watching the small idol take shape in my hands as I continue to carve it.

I pause a moment, and consider Dhaavan’s word on the “Sqib” – in reference to nautical terms.

Profession: Sailor
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

I shrug at Dhaavan as I work.

”Naturally – of course – you may be right. But I recall as a lad a caravan of Halflings that passed near Sargava – and the small carnival they treated us with. In addition to the wonderful food; there were ridiculous games of chance – fortune telling, acrobatics, and – perhaps my favorite event of all: after the final meals offered and we sat upon the lawns exhausted and content, they showed us something that they called “Fire Works”.”

”It was at this time that I was taken with black powder – and they showed me many things at their little carnival that related to these "fire works", such as snap-dragons, sparklers, goblin-barkers, and another little simple amusement with no bright or colorful light, but lots of loud and scary noises – these were called squibs.”

I recall my earlier words, and grin a moment.

”Of course – as I already suggested – I doubt Plugg would be very interested in the nuances of pleasant fireworks. And though he may have a use for cannon, I do not even need to use my knowledge in the lore of such things as black powder - I can tell you as a modest carpenter: even if this ship would wish to have black powder - they certainly don't have cannon aboard."

"Indeed - they do not even have any room for cannon… Further, I have seen no evidence of a powder room; there are no gun stanchions, no gun ports, and – clearly – no cannon. Not on this ship - nor The Wormwood.”

I pause a moment from my work, letting out a little sigh.

”In truth, it was a modest hope – a fools hope really, as such things as a keg of black powder would have manifold uses… Of course, not finding such things I desire on this venture seems best aligned to my Fate - for She seems to conspire to deny me of those very things that I yearn for the most,” I say with a small sardonic twinkle in my eye.

"But in truth, as you direct my thoughts better – yes; a “Squib” is also a term for a port or harbor where a ship can be reworked and rebuilt; generally in secret from authorities.”

I chuckle grimly.

”This decision to run for such a place with all speed only makes me doubt Plugg’s competence more. If we were intent on this plan to disguise the ship alone, he could merely hove too, and have us being work on the project now, even as our anchor had been lowered. The sea is calm – there is little issues in the water… and even now we still have the heraldic devices on the ship to mark us from half a league away.”

”If he had an ounce of wisdom, he would rig up netting to lower a few lads over the side of the ship to begin to chisel that off – and then caulk and repaint the remains with something more subtle… Never mind refitting the sails or rigging; and other simple tasks could be done in half a watch.”

”However, it seems he is eager to find another person to do these tasks for him.”

I ponder that a moment.

”Dhaavan – if you are correct that he is looking for a specific person or place to do this task – such place would likely have a well-stocked port or harbor; with cut lumber, carpentry supplies, tools, pitch, rope, canvas for sails – and other such things. And to supply it well, it seems likely that we’d find men who had good drink and victuals for those who worked there. With all of that, it would be likely there would be other ships of ill-repute, even like our own, who may use it as a place to conduct secret business.”

”Now, I would think that the men on such ships would likely be eager to desert their captain and join a new ship, if it was put to them properly. This is not a difficult guess, and it seems likely that Plugg may know this is, and count on “new recruits” when we get to such a harbor for him to draw upon, even as we are then murdered just before we arrive.”

I blow gently across the idol – brushing aside some wooden flakes with my breath.

”This means he’ll likely make all speed to this harbor. When we arrive, or soon to it – he’ll kill us, use those loyal to him to bring the ship the last race in – and simply coast into the port, give some tale of woe of why he is so understaffed – and the go about recruiting new lads with some ploy.”

”Of course,” I add absently ”this would also mean that when we arrived at the harbor – we would be of no use to him further. The sooner we get to that point – the more likely it is for us to outlive our usefulness.”

”However – once we get there, we may find trusty lads to join with us – should we ourselves prevail.”

”But in either case – the question is, as I see it: If the battle with Plugg begins in truth when we reach this port, or very near to it – well, do we wish to get there with all speed – or delay that journey so that we may take time to strengthen our position more before this clash.”

I look at Dhaavan and smile a little.

”That’s all I was suggesting when I recommended slowing us down with your sorcery – if we do so; we give ourselves time to maneuver. But – if we do not need that time, then you are correct – there is no reason to wait any longer.”

I continue to work – then add as an aside.

”You are a good lad, Dhaavan – perhaps, if we ever get off this ship and go our own ways – we may yet sail together again. If so – there is a project I am interested in that I wondered if you could Craft. Though – to be fair – only those skilled at crafting Wondrous Items could do the job well, I think. But for a ship with trusty folk on board? I think it could have many uses… If you are interested in business, let us talk business on this matter in a way that does not “spoil” the evening for others with so many long words that will only relate to us. If – however – this course does not become you, say the word, and I shall not pursue it,” I add glancing up at him again, curious to know his response.

Right, Dhaavan - so if you're interested - we could have this last part in the Social RP thread - it's worth discussing, but may fill up the main board with something that only relates to us.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Profession sailor d20+4 nope don't know anything either

So what exactly is everyone suggesting just so we are all clear? No one ele has said it and i told myelf i would not be the first but everyone is dancing around the subject without actually putting a name to it. Mutiny. There now the word is mentioned. Is this exactly what we are planning here? Removing Plugg and Scourge and setting one of us up as captain instead? If so than whatever we decide know that this effects everyone not just us seven.

Variel takes a look around to see who of the friends with them heard his words and how they react. Taking a breath, Variel proceeds cautiously while looking at Rain. If this is what people are hinting at then who among us will lead and captain the ship? This needs to be answered before I think anything else can be committed to. If we decide this is the direction we are going, I still feel that we should wait two days to make sure our suspicions are correct in the direction that Plugg is going. Not that I don't trust jack, but it's one thing to hear and another to prove. Variel sits backs and peers at the rest now that he mentioned the fatal word and sees how they react.

I nod at Variel's words.

"Indeed, you seem quite correct," I say pleasantly as I work.

"If we would murder the current captain and his allies - than, as I have already suggested - who will con the ship? Can any of us do such a thing? If one of us is an excellent pilot already, well... do we know the location of Plugg's charts and logbooks? And if we find them, do we have the knowledge to use his instruments? And - if we even find his charts and logbooks so we can discover our position - will these charts or documents be encoded? I confess that I believe that any captain with wisdom would never allow such valuable information to lay about for any person to simply pick it up and read. Though in Plugg's case, I may be giving him too much credit."

"But even if we had a fine captain who knew their ropes well, perhaps another question to ask, as we are already poorly staffed: if we would fight our enemies and prevail - with no losses on our own part - we'd be sailing a ship that is even further ill-staffed than it is currently, so how can we alleviate this problem of gaining a full crew? The lack of sailors could prove troublesome. We'd need to get to a place to get fresh levies - and ones we could trust."

I go back to my project as I continue to respond to Variel.

"When we reach this "Squib" place - though I do not know of the location, and have not seen any chart to mark it, but - should we arrive, we may find new folk to aid us in our work, including one better equipped to con this ship - though they may not be as trusty as we'd like."

I smile a little dryly.

"As for the observations of the inestimable Mr. Jack Thrush? Perhaps it will take two days to discover if he heard the words correctly, or not, but for myself... I believe him already. Yet, if you are still not sure, I would think that it would not take but a moment during the next day to simply shoot the sun and gauge with some ease if we are in fact tacking northwest to skirt the coast and crest around toward Port Peril - or northeast - to stab toward the open sea or the beaches of the Slithering Coast."

"Even so - if we do decide to wait two days before taking any direct action - a plan I have no issue with at all, as it merely brings us closer to our unknow destination - and possibly more reserves; not to mention the fact that it allows us more breathing room - what shall we do in that time we sail? For myself, I would rather do anything I can to weaken Plugg's power base - while at the same time increasing our own strength."

"I would have the Rahadoum folk decide to join with us - or die, if they will not, I suppose. And if they are to die if they stand against us - we could hurry the day by encouraging Plugg to assault the folk who were already loyal to him. Yet you may comfort yourself knowing that such encouragement may not even end their lives, though. It may merely encourage Plugg to be harsh with them, and they more sympathetic to our own plans and policies."

I continue at a knotted part of the wood, my eyes focusing on it as I hold the knife gingerly.

"As for myself, I do not trouble much over being a "Mutineer" on this little voyage. After all - none of us swore oaths of loyalty to Plugg - nor does he give us coin to enrich our purses and pay for our loyalty as a merchant pays a tradesmen; nor is he a priest or noble who should be treated respectfully, even if we despise him... Indeed, I would not name him "captain" - yet if you would call him our "jailor" - that would be a more apt and becoming title for him, I should think."

"And as he is our jailor - it seems to me that is the duty of every man who yearns to be free to take whatever course they can to achieve that freedom from their prison. Therefore, I cannot see myself as a true mutineer - nor such determinations to destroy Plugg as true "mutiny". We are men in a hard place who seek to gain our freedom from an evil taskmaster - an innocent man who escapes unjust bonds is a good thing - and to punish the actions of an evil man, though it be with some challenge and risk, is a noble thing. As such, I will not feel regret when his time comes to die. I would hope you feel no such regret as well," I conclude politely.

I work for a moment in silence.

"Of course - those are merely my own thoughts on the subject," I add, as I continue to work.

"Naturally - when taking bold actions which could affect all of our lives - I feel it is better to consider all options, though - and then stand together as one, rather than fall divided. Don't you agree?"


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I put down my project and stretch comfortably, turning to glance at Valeros, Sko and Rain.

”Well now – you three have said the least, but listened the most. And by now you’ve heard all the news that’s fit to tell, I’ll warrant. With this knowledge in front of you – what do you think, or feel, on the subject?”

”Variel, Dhaavan, Jiro-san and myself have all conversed on the matter for some time now… We have considered our options, relating to the news."

"The news itself comes from Jiro-san’s initiative to spy out the villains aloft, and hear what they may be plotting against us – and Jack’s determination to take that risk upon on his own shoulders... But in any case, this news leads us to believe that Plugg wants to be his own master – and ours; just before he ends our lives.”

”As of now, we believe he is sailing directly to a place to re-work this ship. And, as we are poorly staffed anyway – and he has no love for us – he will likely keep us alive to help sail the ship, until we are close – then kill us, and take on another crew.”

”We can do the same to him – if we’ve a mind to it. But before we make that choice, what is our best course? How should we proceed – and when, if we decide to do this thing? And if we do proceed – and prevail – who will con the ship?”

”I have some skill – though not as much as I would like – surely there are others aboard who can do better then I?”

”Variel has suggested we must first decide who would be the next captain. This seems like sound logic – but who is best suited for the task? Who among us can do this job best? And, should you seek this position – what would be your plans?”

I get comfortable and take out my pipe, filling the bowl, and stretch out my legs.

”You three have thought much – what are your opinions? What do you think of these ideas? And what plans do you have to suggest, if we have not struck one that suits you? Come – be open with us, we are all allies, if by no other reason than necessity at this time,” I say with a brief grin as I light the pipe and place the stem between my teeth.

”So, Valeros, Sko… Rain… What are your opinions, then? Please share – I am eager to hear you. And if any of you would share – well, I have spoken long; I admit, apologies for that to you all. Yet now I would hear what any of you would have to say on these mattes, and so arm myself better for the challenge ahead,” I add pleasantly and take a long tug from my pipe.


Knowledge Geography or Profession Navigator DC15:
Based upon your relative position and Plugg's heading, you think he may be headed for Bloodcove. If tomorrow he turns more easterly then that would be definitely where he is going as there is not much else in the way of ports in that direction.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Knowledge: Geography
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

While I wait patiently for the others to respond, my mind tacks course to possibilities. I recall an old bit of lore from some sailors when I was younger, and I nod my head - sure that my guess is correct.

"Well - if I am not mistaken, I would wager they are traveling to a place called "Blood Cove". It is not far, I would wager, and likely the only place near our present position that they could get their task completed. Of course, I may be wrong, but I do not think so."

I take another puff of the pipe as I wait for my comrades to speak.

To GM:

Quick question - Is there any way to know more about "Blood Cove" then that name itself? I figure if I know the location and course heading - generally - I might know something about the place itself, right? Okay - just curious...


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Profession: Navigator: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge, Geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

prof navigator: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro sits listening to the talk of mutiny and the beginnings of the discussion of who should be captain... and keeps his own counsel for now, not having been asked his opinion. He looks to those who WERE asked and waits to see what they say.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
Seijiro sits listening to the talk of mutiny and the beginnings of the discussion of who should be captain... and keeps his own counsel for now, not having been asked his opinion. He looks to those who WERE asked and waits to see what they say.

From above - "Yet now I would hear what any of you would have to say on these matters, and so arm myself better for the challenge ahead,” I add pleasantly and take a long tug from my pipe.

Actually, I was kind of throwing that out there for everyone. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know them, because my guesses here are generally so far off I don't know what to say. So Jiro, if you have any suggestions please just tell me, because I'd like to know what you think, too :)

As I continue to smoke, my eyes glance back to Variel, Dhaavan and Jiro.

"Please add your thoughts, too. I am eager to learn, and I have not heard what you two at least think of becoming our own masters here," I say, speaking specifically to Jiro and Dhaavan, as Variel has already made the suggestion.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain measures her words. The discussion had been plentiful in the time they had congregated in their quarters yet she had maintained silence in order to hear what others had to recommend.

"If we choose to stay onboard until we reach this harbour, then there is a chance we will be set upon with the view of killing us. But there may be nothing stopping us from jumping ship close to this harbour and attempting to swim ashore and rally allies before The Man's Promise reaches the dock. We could then fight to take back the ship when they have docked. Without our aid, the ship will be undermanned and it may take her longer to reach shore. With Sko's ability to transform into a shark he could propel himself to shore more swiftly than the rest of us. This suggestion is an alternative to taking on Plugg and his cronies and depose Plugg as Captain. Mutiny is not a clean task and it will take great planning and precision in the undertaking. If mutiny is our fate, then we consider the full cost."

Rain taps her lip with a long finger.

"If we do take the vessel as ours, then the new Captain must have great charm and be able to turn a sailor's ear to his/her will. Aye, there are other requirements, but if authority is to be preserved, one must be good with their words and people." Her gaze lingers on Dhaavan and even the generally mute Valeros. Their speech had a way of drawing people and eliciting a favourable response. Dhaavan was also cunning though not very wise. Still, cunning had its place aboard a ship. But Dhaavan prowess as a fighter and his more landlubber ways could be a detriment to instilling respect. Plus, the man was not versed in navigation. He would have them lost at sea or shipwrecked on rock in no time. Rain shakes her head.

"There are a small number of us well versed in navigation, whether by stars, landmarks, charts or experience sailing around the Shackles Isles. The Captain should be able to plot courses and find the most reliant and effective escape routes in and out of the shipping lanes."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"Indeed, lass," I say with a warm smile.

"A captain should be able to all of those things, aye - but chiefly they must con the ship; charm has its place, true - but we saw that Harrigan kept his ship in order even though I did not see that he was so charismatic as that. He used others under him to motivate the crew..." I say a bit ironically.

"This takes us to Plugg."

"Rain - do you believe that moving the ship into a bay or harbor, then jumping over the side and swimming to shore is a wise course?"

I am not trying to be critical, merely considering options.

"Perhaps it is my own personal observations about fighting with ranged weapons, but where we to hit the water... Plugg and his allies could shoot at us - especially the weaker swimmers... Assuming we made it shore, we would then have to wait for them to move in to the docks."

"That may work... but I am no expert on these things. What does anyone else have to say on this matter?" I ask solicitously to the others.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

"The plan may work better if we were close to harbour either early morn or evening ... when Plugg and his officers are otherwise occupied. I did not say this plan did not have its own faults and dangers ... I was simply voicing an alternative. I am no great strategist and I have never been involved in a mutiny. I realise Dhaavan is our poorest swimmer but if he were tied to one of the stronger swimmers among us, then he may stand a chance. Also, he could summon one of his dolphins to aid him in the swim. It all depends on the timing, I suppose." Rain shrugs and waits to hear what the others have to say.

Rain is not adverse to a mutiny if the group decides together that is what will happen. She just likes to consider other options and weigh up each pro and con.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Remember, too - we're all at a rather big disadvantage here - because even though half of us nailed the checks needed to point out what this place is - none of us know anything about Blood Cove. We don't know how far away it is - how big a land mass it is - how populated it is - any of that. It might be a city, or a town, or a small fishing village. But I think until the GM gives us some more details, planning the specifics of an attack in the harbor are hard. I'm personally of the mind that between now and then we whittle Plugg down and weaken his chances of fighting us - when we fight.

I glance at Rain.

"Well - while I try to recall the distance to Blood Cove - which is where we are headed, I suppose... The real difficulty, as I see it, is that between now and then we have to deal with what Plugg will try to do to us."

"Right now we are trapped below - if it was pre-dawn, I don't see us being able to get overboard with ease - and neither evening... In any case, we don't know what time we'll arrive."

"For myself, I recommended only a few things between now and then. For example, we could use magic to create havoc with the sailing skills of the other sailors - let Plugg's ire with them cause him to fight them - and if he wins, they will be more likely to join with us - if he loses - than he is finished in any case."

"If that plan is too complex or dangerous for us to execute safely - well, Mister Sko is the chef. We can easily contrive a simple poison and then eliminate any on board who are a threat with no concern over fighting at all."

"We could knock a hole in the side of the hull - cause him to try to find another place to fix it on the way - and deal with him without backup. For if he is traveling to this place - he may have been there before; and he may have friends there now... Of course, the real difficulty in that is that I know little of the place... though I hope something will come to me soon," I say glancing heavenward.

"Did any of those ideas interest you Rain - that is; in the interim on our voyage? If so - which one? If not - what would you like to do instead?"


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

"Encumbering the ship with a hole in the hull is not wise. Poison is hard to administer and what if the poison were to reach one of our allies by mistake? Though, I would not be adverse to a paralysing agent of a kind. If our enemy cannot move, they cannot attack us ..."

"I do like confusing the navigation with magic -- but Dhaavan will need to be very careful not to be noticed or caught in the acts. If Plugg then asks one of us to aid in navigation (for he would be aware by now that Jiro and I are good at that kind of thing), we will have to be clever in our bluff. Fool proof in it."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

"Encumbering the ship with a hole in the hull is not wise. Poison is hard to administer and what if the poison were to reach one of our allies by mistake? Though, I would not be adverse to a paralysing agent of a kind. If our enemy cannot move, they cannot attack us ..."

"I do like confusing the navigation with magic -- but Dhaavan will need to be very careful not to be noticed or caught in the acts. If Plugg then asks one of us to aid in navigation (for he would be aware by now that Jiro and I are good at that kind of thing), we will have to be clever in our bluff. Fool proof in it."

"Well, as for the poison - I assumed that as Mister Sko ladeled out a hot bowl of fisherman's stew - he could have poured a small vial in Plugg's bowl before hand..."

"Also - regarding Dhaavan's magic? I was not recommending he use it to adjust the navigation - though that would be an excellent idea - if he can pull it off, though you are right, it can be dangerous."

"Well, in any case - my plan with magic was... well... you see what happens when we fail in our duty on the ship, correct? What if one of Plugg's "allies" was changing the rigging and sudden gust of wind caused him to tumble? Or perhaps he was attempting something more mundane - and somehow the lashings kept coming undone - over and over - failing to complete his task - Plugg would penalize him - and that is something we could use, yes?"

"But - as I said - these are only suggestions. In any case, my suggestions often go astray on this voyage, and I speak more than others. Perhaps it is time that I said nothing and simply listen to the rest of you for a while," I add politely.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

"You misunderstood me when I spoke of Dhaavan. I presumed you meant that he would use his magic to somehow confuse the crew and their ability to properly navigate the ship. I did not mention that Dhaavan would navigate for he has no skill in it, and I am well aware of it."

"What if Plugg's bowl of soup or food were consumed by another and resulted in the death of that other person, surely Plugg would know it was we who plotted his death. Then what? We would have shown our hand too soon."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Turning to Jiro, Rain asks politely, "It would take a quick, sly hand. Do you think poison in Plugg's bowl would work, Jiro? Plugg is disgusting but he is clever and astute. "

Then asking any of her pressed mates, "What happened to the poison sacs from those Reefclaws?" Turning to Sko, "Do you have them still, Sko?"


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I'm all for mutiny at some point, though I agree, waiting a day or two wouldn't be a bad idea... but we don't want to give the Rahadoumi time to become loyal to Plugg if they aren't already. If Dhavaan is do do any tricks to get anyone punished, it should be to the Rahadoumi as they are the most likely to incur and resent punishment. Plugg's toadies that are already loyal aren't likely to be severely punished and their loyalty isn't likely to change if they are."

Seijiro wriggles a little, not comfortable with talking so much or about this subject. He pauses and listens carefully, hoping he doesn't hear sounds of anyone close by who might be listening in to their very private conversation.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

i think one thing we are getting ahead if ourselves on is who are we all targeting. My opinion is that if Plugg and Scourge fall then the Rahadoumi will possibly join us and the others will fall in as they are outnumbered. No sense fighting if there is nothing to be gained from it. Besides, we need all the help we can get if we are to sail this ship anywhere.

For this reason alone I would prefer to avoid the poison approach if the poison lead to death.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Aren't we down in our sleeping quarters and it's only us in the room? And we should all be speaking quietly between ourselves. I do not think Rain or any others would be screaming out their ideas/plans for she has/they have enough common sense.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

yes we are but someone could be listening at the hatch... when speaking of mutiny, even talking in low tones is something we don't want overheard... maybe Seijiro is a little paranoid, but it's his nature.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

"You misunderstood me when I spoke of Dhaavan. I presumed you meant that he would use his magic to somehow confuse the crew and their ability to properly navigate the ship. I did not mention that Dhaavan would navigate for he has no skill in it, and I am well aware of it."

"What if Plugg's bowl of soup or food were consumed by another and resulted in the death of that other person, surely Plugg would know it was we who plotted his death. Then what? We would have shown our hand too soon."

"Again - I assumed that Sko would be ladeling out the meals, and the officers would come to the mess with their plates and cups even as he loads their board with food from the galley... But Plugg has grown suspicious - he may do things differently. I do not know, it was only a suggestion," I say.

"As was the suggestion with Dhaavan."

"Even so - such plans have the chance to go astray," I say with a helpless shrug.

I ponder a moment, watching the beams above me, than shrug and speak directly from my the pit of my being.

"I rescind my suggestions for strategy at this time - I do not believe it will matter. I believe we will be forced to fight - and all plans to how to best solve that solution are naught but chaff in the wind."

I sigh patiently, now speaking directly to Rain - though I do not exclude anyone.

"Consider, if you will - any plan I have made on this ship? From the fighting top - which did nothing - to the attempts to manipulate the Rahdoum officer - again; a waste of time and effort - the plans to get the officers to turn against Plugg subtly and with cunning? Another waste of time. My guesses about a "squib" went astray, being more knowledgeable about black powder than some types of nautical jargon. Why, even my efforts to plan a better fishing expedition by asking to borrow a boat? Not only a waste of time - but it earned me stripes."

"No - there is a way to do things here - and I have yet to discover it."

"I use all the information I can think of - all details, all facts, all necessary evidence - evidence I recall from lore, or from study - or from any other source. I calculate - I plan, I assume, I guess, I ponder, I debate - I do all of these things in my head for some time - even before I open my mouth to speak."

"Yet - when it is all said and done - not one of my ideas has borne any fruit of use or advantage," I add, a touch of frustration creeping into my voice.

"No - I suppose that such fine plans will be a waste - and in a short time, we will either be forced to fight Plugg directly by circumstances beyond our control - or some other random destiny will avail itself upon us to defray that contest, though not forever, for that does seem to be the destiny of our fate, whatever plan I have to the contrary."

"Meanwhile - all the planing, and thinking and talking would have been not only a waste of my own time - but it dulls your joy to hear me plan. Poetry or stories of life are one thing - but tactics ans strategy do not breed peace among confederates, it seems, and I am sorry for that," I say with an apologetic tone to those who sit around me and have been forced to listen to my seemingly ceaseless chatter.

"So - I shall not plan any more, then. But only because I now feel that there is no purpose to it. Instead I shall leave such actions in the hands of others who are better aligned to what Fate will bring us."

"Meanwhile," I say brightening a little "I have no problem with talking with anyone if they merely enjoy fine conversation. Come Rain - what say you? Would you like to talk of pleasant things with me? Jiro-san - shall we match wits in haiku form? Dhaavan - what were your thoughts on that business deal I had for you? And as for the rest of you - truly, I am open to any conversation - but I will not make more suggestions on plans and strategy. I do not seem to know the correct path to achieve whatever goal is before us - and I fear my efforts would only lead you astray, or at the least bore you with my chatter."

I turn back to Rain, the lack of concern for trying to come up with a way to deal with Plugg now gone from my face. Yet I am clearly willing to talk on whatever subject someone would like to discuss.

To make things easier, if you want to do some social RP with me on the Social Thread - I'm totally up for it. And that goes for anyone - but this is the campaign thread, and I don't want to bog down the campaign with stuff that is mostly social RP. So, if anyone wants to chat - I'm all for it, but I feel like I'm talking everyone's ear off, and I don't wish to do that.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

But Jiro, you guys have been talking all weekend long (in game) -- I'm sure if someone was indeed listening in, they would have done so from the start. ;)


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

but now we are openly speaking of mutiny instead of hinting around about it and the meeting in the captain's quarters might be over now... seijiro is just being nervous about our first open meeting about this among us all.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro assuming he didn't hear anyone lurking about near the hold sighs and bites his lip nervously, then speaks softly. "We need a captain for the ship and captain should be just that... could also double as pilot, I have no problem with that, but someone needs to be in charge of the ship and crew. While we are all mates and equals in other things, someone has to be at the helm in more ways than one, when matters of the ship and her management come into play. And yes, there are other roles to be filled, and if we're going to fill them, we need to train ourselves to do so."

"So I guess what I'm saying is Flynn has a point, we need to figure out who is gonna do what once we take the ship. In the confusion of the moment assuming we DO take the ship, we can't be seen as being in dissent in front of whoever survives of the Rahadoumi and our friends. We should decide soon who will be captain and who will take what other jobs."

"As for me, I'd follow Rain.. she's a good leader and a good pilot. She's got the skills to navigate and be a good captain in my opinion. Not that i have any more say than others, just statin' my position."

He grows quiet again and curls his knees up to the his chest, wrapping his arms around them. He looks at each of the others hoping his words don't start any friction among them. Each has proven to have value and skill in their own right. I hope I didn't insult anyone by naming Rain my choice for captain.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"I agree - I trust Rain's judgement more than many others. Further, she is wise; and sea crafty besides - a good thing for a captain, and a pilot."

I glance at her, my eyes neutral.

"I would follow you if you held the con - and if any would try to take it from you - I would kill them for you, if you needed it," I say with a matter of fact.

"I will not waste much time in advising you though; for not even the wise cannot see all ends, and all paths may go astray... or not."

"More than that - I cannot say - but what is clear to me, this would be a choice you need make on your own. When I know your heart on this matter, I will be more able to speak on this matter," I add as I continue to work on Dhaavan's project.

"But - if you lead, I will kill for you, and obey your orders in the ways of seamanship, should you claim captain. When you leave this ship - if you live, and if I live - I will journey with you. If Jack is right and we tack now to the east - it will take us to my homeland, if you would care to visit it - I would be happy to show you many great and wonderful things. And if not? I have few friends - I count you as one - I will journey with you if you quit this ship, though I would that others would come as well - yet I shall not speak for any now but myself, should you accept this."

I pause a moment from my work, and consider that perhaps my efforts with the others, with this project, and even my own determination to move things forward has been too... aggressive - perhaps I have been too rash or hasty for my companions.

Even now, even this project - this carving - it is, perhaps - too much.

I consider that a moment, as I work, and wait for Rain's answer, curious to know what she will say on the matter.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Crossing my legs, I continue to work on the block of wood which is slowly taking shape in my hands.

I pick up my knife and begin to make small precise cuts on it, my eyes flicker over the scrawls and notations I made in my journal. I cross reference some rune work, and then I put the knife and wood aside, making some more notes - and crossing some things off on a list, then picking up the wood and knife and continuing to work.

The stem of my pipe droops from between my teeth, and the flavor of the tobacco reminds me of home. I recall the large plantations of wealthy landowners; and the few times I would accompany my uncle to deliver cut lumber to the estates personally - and sometimes pick up a small gift of fresh cut leaf.

I wonder a moment at would might happen next, but dismiss the concern.

Whatever is meant to be - will happen. You cannot outwit Fate - you cannot elude it - and most importantly, your plans are not aligned to the path before you; you seek to cheat Fate, to outwit destiny. It would be far wiser to empty your mind of such concerns and merely accept what happens with cheerful dignity - after all, you cannot outmaneuver the gods.

I grin ironically at that, even as I continue to carve the wood for Dhaavan.

Then - putting it aside, I take a break from it.

I remove my pistol from its case and begin to oil it carefully - I lovingly rub the cracked casing with a soft rag - so easy to fix, if I had the money...

Soon, soon, you will fix it; besides - it has served you well, eh? You cannot complain on that account.

I ponder the mysteries of the weapon - the power of magic seems somehow less tangible then this construct of wood and iron.

I check the site briefly, and consider Dhaavan's seeming lack of enthusiasm for this project and sigh.

I remove my pipe and extinguish it. I knock out the remains of the ash, and salvage any un-burned tobacco by emptying it back into my pouch for later.

Meanwhile, considering the inevitable before me - and what will clearly happen soon, I think more about the project I was working on for Dhaavan - but then, observing his interest, or his lack of interest in it – I change my mind.

I fold the woodwork in another rag and store it gently in my satchel; and place the journal with it.

Then, I remove the small pouch from my satchel that holds the tools for my weapons; and I unbuckle it and examine the contents a moment without expression.

I consider options, my hate for Plugg growing slowly more tangible inside me – and my face now feels cold, my lips numb, and my eyes see without seeing...

I lift the little pan from the kit - barely the size of a small saucer. I then remove the expanding tripod that would rest over it, and set it up, placing it over the small pan. Then, I gently rest a small metal looking beaker inside the metal tripod.

I reach into my pouch again and remove from it the small vial of oil I had requested and received on The Wormwood, and methodically, but carefully - fill the pan beneath the beaker.

Then I light the oil - it burns slowly - but hotly, beneath the beaker.

I roll my shoulders as I watch the flame burn - the light making long eerie shadows on my face.

I take a small precise knife from the kit. I lay it next to me. I open some small clay jars - filled with a modest amount of various powders.

I consider my options for a time as the fire heats.

Relative pressure compounded by variants in heat, and increased temperature nuances with current humidity... Don't forget that here the base oxidization point needs to be higher so the right element needs to be introduced... don't forget that the proper compound will need a base variant which is better resistant to standard acids, but at the same time cannot tolerate standard nitric acid... And for the gods sake make sure it properly coats the base molding! Next, after you add the filament to the bonding agent, fix it to the body structure over that – then the proper coating around it so that you can produce the maximum effect...

As the beaker grows hotter under the heat of the fire beneath it, I lift up a small strip of lead - slightly thicker than several woven strands of thread. I pick up the small knife and begin to make cuts in the lead - dropping the shavings into the beaker.

I watch the pieces fall into the beaker without paying much attention, pulling out a small mold and lay it delicately next to me.

I consider the amount of ore needed to bond best with the heated filament, as well as the best ore needed to combine with both the filament for maximum effect and at the same time resist the higher oxidization point.

I smile grimly at the obvious choice.

Than, picking up the small pouch with my modest treasure within it; I remove the gold coins I had received for my payment – soon they would be used to repay all debts, and paid properly.

I pick up the little knife again and test the purity of the gold – annoyed at what I find.

Taking a pair of tongs I grip the beaker, and slowly pour the now liquid contents into the molds near me – specific molds – and watch them cool and harden.

While that occurs, I realize I will need to smelt the gold to strain out any impurities. Even a standard coin of the realm is not as pure as I need it to be – it would take much to refine it to the point that I need, but it would be done.

I pull from my kit another small metal object – it looks like a mesh filter, which I lower into the now empty beaker. Then I begin to use a pair of small sheers, strong and sharp enough to cut through the coin, and trim it into slight pieces which I shall need for this project.

I tap a few sprinkles of a small powder into the slowly burning fire beneath the beaker, and the flame suddenly grows with the powder added. Now it burns far brighter, hotter, yet somehow slower than before Soon the flame has a strange blue color in it – and it swallows the air about it hungrily as it the fire grows with an angry passion.

Then I add the shavings of the gold.

Then I strain the impurities – again and again – until the gold is pure as I need it. I frown a bit at the remains of the gold coin – seeing the weight of the discarded impurities – realizing it will take much more than a single coin to achieve my purpose.

I don’t mind, though – I don’t mind.

A grim smile tugs my lips.

I have more than enough coins to reach the goal I need…

As the gold goes through the straining process again and again, I remove from a small container a strange strip of paper and shred it into light fibers. Taking the shreds of these paper fibers, I dip them into a small dusting of another powder, keeping it all as dry as possible – and then gently applying the fibers into the grooves of the lead molding I had made earlier.

Soon – in time, the gold is at the purity I need to bond it properly. So, taking the tongs, I carefully grip the lead shells – wrapped now in the properly coated filament, then I dip them into the purity of the gold which bonds with the filament and the powders almost instantly.

Then I lower the now coated shell into another mold – and pour the a portion of purified gold over it all and then I seal the molding over it.

The process is not a long one – I could make dozens – perhaps hundreds – of these very same bullets in a short period. Even so – I know that the issue at hand now is that the current softness of the gold would prevent a useful discharge from my weapon – at least, until the gold hardened into the proper mixture. But this would only happen when the filament slowly burned inside the gold, and the heat of the hot gold burning up the filament until there was nothing inside the shell but porous remains which would fill with the expulsion of the right gases to properly bond with the lead and gold and produce not only the hard, almost brittle, casing that the shell would need – but, upon impact – the shattered shell would release the gases quickly to allow for the the results I desired.

I held the molding tightly, waiting for it to cool; it would not take long. But the chemical changes that were going inside the shot would take time…

I ponder the nigh futility of manufacturing the idol for Dhaavan, for it would take well over a week, if he had helped me – and if I was a more skilled crafter.

And these? How long would it take before these would be ready? Four days – five – a week – two weeks? You have exactly two days before things come to a head - so it was suggested by the others, and you are resolved to trust in their wisdom in such foresight, eh? But in any case, regarding these items? You know damn well that you cannot use them until they first cool properly – and the the compound oxidizing properly. Yes – that will take considerable time… But - how long exactly?

I smile softly to myself, then.

Why, they will be ready to use tomorrow, of course. And then I shall have one less thing to worry about.

NOTE TO GM: Follow up details in PM for you.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro watches Flynn work for a while, waiting for the others to impart their individual insights and words of wisdom. Then he lowers his chin onto his knees, curled up a bit as much for comfort as for warmth.

While he sits there, watching and waiting, he breathes easier than he has in a few days as he feels a warmth spread through him. Somewhere in the world, Hijiro was well and healing. Hopefully he was home in Minkai, and safe, while whatever it was that harmed him was no longer a threat.

Ah, Hijiro, what would you do in my place, eh? Oh, I know what you'd do. You'd have acquired a lot more gold and shiny things than I on this voyage, that's for sure. But you'd be more talkative and friendly than I, more able to make friends and allies among your shipmates. How I always envied your easy way with people.

He looks down at himself, all curled up, knees up to his chest, chin on his knee. What message are you sending your mates, eh, Seijiro? That you don't want to talk or be talked to - that you want to be left alone? Perhaps you should sit more openly? Chat with the others more often? Hijiro would know what to say and to whom all the time thought. I don't know what to say most of the time.

While he sits, he slowly relaxes, a long, slow, carefully-considered action. He forces himself to adopt a more open position, to encourage others perhaps to talk to him more, and himself to talk to them. He purses his lips a moment as he wonders if this will avail him anything. They've already perhaps decided that you have little to say of note and what you do have to say is of little interest to them.

He looks from one to the other of his mates and wishes he knew them better, especially Sko, who he shares perhaps more with than the others - Sko who also could change his form, tho Sko's alternate shape was far more useful than his own. Someday perhaps the time would be right to reveal to them who and what you are... will they still accept you? Probably, silly question. They accept Sko just fine. Why not just tell them now? But would they even be interested? Or care? Probably not, you're just Seijiro, and of little note.

Hell, what can you even do? None of your skills are that useful even... not in their assessment of what is to come - you can pilot a ship, but Rain can do it far better. You can plot a course, but Rain can do it much better. You can do just about any job on board ship, except maybe cook, but most can do them just about as well, perhaps not Dhaavan, but his magic makes him most desirable for other positions. Face it, there isn't really much of a place for you, boy. I suppose if this mutiny is successful, if they don't want you, you won't be a prisoner any more and can seek another berth. Last thing I want is to be a stone around their necks... and I won't be just a common sailor on a ship with ex-mates who run the place. Much as I like them all, that would be too hurtful.

His large amber-red eyes brim with tears for a moment and he blinks them back before anyone can see, though his eyes are red-rimmed with the effort, he's not aware of it. Life is cruel, that's for sure. Your uncle taught you that, didn't he boy? He was a good kitsune, that he was, but he was far wiser than your own father in some ways, and taught you that the world, especially at sea, wasn't a fair place. A good lesson to learn and it's stood you well, boy.

He sighs and struggles to resist the urge to curl back up in his tight little ball, knees to his chest. Instead he stretches his legs out before him, just crossed at the ankles. He pulls out a pair of coins and starts with his right hand, rolling one of the coins on the back of his knuckles... then he switches to his left and does the same.. both are done with speed and alacrity, though he stops alternating and slows down the process. He starts rolling the coins on the backs of the fingers on both hands at the same time, slower and more deliberately, building up speed a little as he goes, but it is obviously a more difficult skill to do both hands at once and it shows in the slight scowl on his face as he concentrates. Still, it passes the time, and keeps his fingers nimble and strong for other less innocent skills.

Actually, the others know some of what you can do and value those things to some extent... your ability to move about unseen and unheard can be useful, but not much for any kind of officer on a ship. But even Dhaavan, who knows next to nothing about boats, is far more useful than you in the others' eyes. Sko can cook and turn into a shark and knows the oceans... Valeros is native to the waters and knows them well. Variel is a master at fighting and blades. Dhaavan has his magic and persuasiveness and useful familiar. Flynn has his gun and knows things. Rain is a master at things I only dabble in. And I'm sneaky... might come in handy on shore, but not on a ship really - not for doing anything of value to the ship as a whole. Yeah, they don't even need you boy. All these thought pass through his head while he rolls his coins.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain considered Flynn's suggestion of changing talk to other, more light-hearted topics, and she nods her head in agreement. Variel was right -- they did need to observe more of the goings on of the captured Rahadoumi sailors and Plugg. Perhaps they would see the scoundrel for what he truly was rather than take his side against them.

When Jiro began discussing ship roles if they were to take The Man's Promise, Rain listened without interrupting, feeling both shy and nervous when her name is mentioned as the new Captain and Navigator. When Flynn joined in with his own praises for her abilities and his offers of loyalty and protection, Rain was both humbled and awed and she wondered at how sure they were in what they were saying and pledging.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"I have no real experience as Captain. Aye, I am an able navigator, and have travelled the waters around The Shackles, but I have never led a seasoned crew, apart from running the boarding of this vessel when the Rahadoumi had control of her. Your faith in my ability and skill are humbling. If the pressed gang believe I am the most suitable for the position, I shall take it and attempt to do my very best. Yet, if there is still someone more capable, I would step aside and allow them to lead."

Rain scans the faces of her pressed mates, trying to gauge their thoughts, reactions and so forth. Never in her life had she considered a position as Captain of her own vessel. Navigator or Sails Master perhaps ... This turn of events was most interesting and she wanted to hear what the others had to say on the matter.

Turning to Jiro and then Flynn, she smiles warmly and speaks her gratitude, "Thank you for your vote of confidence and loyalty. I hope to live up to them."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Between Flynn working steadfastly on the wood and other tasks and Jiro rolling his coins in his hand in deliberate fashion, Rain is transfixed in their toils and lulled by the silence between them.

"Jiro, may I speak with you?", Rain enquires quietly, with gentle smile.

She looks at the red-haired youth and then moves to sit across from him.

"Your quickness and lightness of step and sure-footedness aloft is most valuable to our lot. There is no other among us pressed mates that can move like you. Did you practice such movement as a child? I would imagine that it takes much practice to shift like a shadow, unseen, unnoticed. Or does it come naturally to you? I have been curious since I first met you."


Great conversations everyone! I'm going to move things along a little bit but feel free to retcon your conversations as needed.

Morning comes and the sky is blue and clear...except on the horizon there appears to be a ferocious looking line of storm clouds. Black and thick, they run the length of the horizon and you see blue flashes of what can only be lightning. Plugg steps up onto the aft deck at the wheel and says a word to Master Scourge who begins bellowing out orders to get underway. You are still heading east by north east and it is obvious now that you are not going to Port Peril. Bloodcove is the only port for hundreds of miles in any direction that way. From your current location it will take you 5 days with good winds to get there. This storm looks to complicated matters though depending upon how heavy it is.

All hands are ordered to rigging duty in preparation for the storm. It appears that Plugg intends to try and sail it and not just ride it out. It looks like the storm will hit sometime around midday.

You all have a few hours if you want to do anything in particular before the storm hits. At which point it will become a lot more difficult to do anything besides keep the ship afloat.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro turns to Rain and smiles. "You have the respect of us all I think, and that will take you far as potential captain. Plus you have the navigation skills for the position as well. I would definitely put my faith in your ability to lead us. I think whatever skills you may lack at actual leadership seem to come naturally to you and you can enhance them with training as you go."

Then he shrugs, his smile fading a little bit, but not disappearing. "I guess I've always been a little light on my feet. Not so much as my brother Hijiro. He was always a master at sneaking about, and much of what I can do, I learned from him. It took me a lot of practice, where it came to him naturally. Our father taught us many tricks for moving about unseen in the woods around our village, but hiding in town was a different matter entirely. Anyway, the rest I guess I learned from years at sea... it was handy to be able to move about unseen and unheard."

"And aye, it's a handy skill to have but I guess not much use really when it comes to running a ship. Sadly, it doesn't really qualify me for any of the jobs Flynn or Variel mentioned." He smiles wryly and shrugs again...


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Flynn - Craft:
sorry I didn't get that tossed up. I been busy and scattered, due to wedding. Less IC indictment would be lovelie tho
craft aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7Dhaavan watches flynn work, but since wood is not his specialty, and the image has yet to take shape, dhaavan has little he can contribute tonight, especially as distracted with mutiny as he is.

First I have time to myself right now, but posting from phone...
Ret-con from the evening
When Rain mentions Dhaavan's charm, dhaavan smiles a little. He wonders what he would do were he to be captianing a ship, likely trying to gather components useful for macical research, and such academic pursuits, but lacking skill and direction of purpose that others possess. Then as Rain is suggested, Dhaavan gives a nod. "Yea did do well up there in the fight, and kept to the rigging when it was clear that enough of us were going after Rosie in that storm, and knowin' yer way round a boat like yea do can't be unhelpful. And yer right, I'm more of a people person as it were. So if yea end up elected, hopefully nobody'd have to kill anybody for yea, if I do my piece right"

"But about our actual plan, I get the feelin that we best act sooner than later, since I don't want to let Plugg get the upper hand. He likes to fight like me, with a distinct advantage. He had his toadies disarm Flynn and attack him with numbers and weapons. That's what we can expect from him, and how we should deal with him. When we're close enough to port, we strike first and hard, cut the head off of the beast, and see if the rest falls in line proper, so we have enough crew for this boat. Cause there's no way we live long enough to get into swimming distance of shore, that's for sure."

Jiro
"Mate. Don't sell yerself short. Yea at least know yer way round charts and such. Got a decent sense of direction, and it could be help to have a chief navigator or pilot so someone can check course and such while another actually takes the helm. That way crew don't rely on a single person ta get where we heading."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro looks a little shocked at Dhaavan's words, blinking in surprise... then he smiles and bows. "Thank you Dhaavan-san. That's nice of you to say I can be of use on the ship. I was beginning to doubt myself that anything I can do wouldn't be useless or redundant. I sincerely hope that when... when... our endeavors are successful, that whoever our new captain, whoever that turns out to be, can find a use for me. As you say, I guess there are things I can do." He is filled with a warm feeling of acceptance for the first time in a long time, reflected in his words, his smile and the light in his eyes.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

"I agree that we will need to act sooner rather than later. I'd rather we be the ones to initiate the fight rather than Plugg and I have no desire to fight someone willing to defy Harrigan while in or near a port he considers friendly."

"I have no problems with Rain being Captain but i'd like to point out that when we mutiny, we'll be pirates ourselves. Assuming success on our part, if we try to fill out our crew, something this ship needs, that crew is likely to be pirates or at least people with that mindset. However we decide to carry ourselves after this, being a pirate requires a certain degree of ruthlessness; if it didn't we wouldn't be discussing mutiny right now. If we're going to control a ship and keep that control, someone is going to have to be willing to make hard decisions."

"I do still have the Reefclaw sacs, if they haven't deteriorated, but that isn't normally an ingested poison. I think a very strong dose would be needed to kill; though killing isn't necessary for poison to be effective."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Sko wrote:

"I have no problems with Rain being Captain but i'd like to point out that when we mutiny, we'll be pirates ourselves. Assuming success on our part, if we try to fill out our crew, something this ship needs, that crew is likely to be pirates or at least people with that mindset. However we decide to carry ourselves after this, being a pirate requires a certain degree of ruthlessness; if it didn't we wouldn't be discussing mutiny right now. If we're going to control a ship and keep that control, someone is going to have to be willing to make hard decisions."

"I do still have the Reefclaw sacs, if they haven't deteriorated, but that isn't normally an ingested poison. I think a very strong dose would be needed to kill; though killing isn't necessary for poison to be effective."

Rain listens to Sko's words and wonders at the level of ruthlessness she would have to demonstrate if she were indeed Captain. Do I have the temperament for such tactics? Do I order the death of a sailor with no qualm as to his/her innocence? Will I accept what other pirate Captains do without reviling their evil hearts? I will not be a part of blatant murder or allow rape. So what kind of Captain would I make if my moral conscience hampers my duty to the crew and ship? Rain's brow furrows with her silent concerns.

She voices her major concern with her pressed mates, "I can do what needs to be done. But I am not ruthless. I am intelligent but perhaps I do not possess the mettle of the Captain you are requiring onboard this ship." She was no Captain Harrigan, that was for certain.

"So, if you desire a cruel, merciless leader, then I am not suited."

Returning to the discussion regarding the Reefclaw sacs, she lowers her voice even further, "Flynn suggested death by poison. My idea was to use the toxin as a paralysing agent to slow down our opponents and give us the upper hand. Do you think this is possible with the sacs you have collected, Sko?"

Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Seijiro wrote:
"And aye, it's a handy skill to have but I guess not much use really when it comes to running a ship. Sadly, it doesn't really qualify me for any of the jobs Flynn or Variel mentioned." He smiles wryly and shrugs again...

"I would not minimise the skill to move about with ease and secrecy. Such a person would have value on a tilting ship, ropes and boards slick with rain, salt and foam. It also takes a certain about of sharp wits and craftiness. I value such a talent, Jiro. If you were to take any position aboard a ship, what would it be?"

2,101 to 2,150 of 8,093 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.