Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


2,051 to 2,100 of 8,093 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My eyes begin to frost in bitter frustration at this time, it is as if I just managed to digest Variel's critiques of my actions - and his tone and words...

I did not care for them.

But as they talk of spreading treasure, I walk over to Rain - as it seems she is holding the gear.

I start to ask her something about the gear - then I stop myself.

Don't do it - it's not worth a fight.

I realize it's true, that if I speak, I'll only piss people off.

So, saying nothing, I go back to my smoke.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro doesn't respond to Flynn, just shakes his head and walks away slowly. I've had my say about the amulet. But again, it's Flynn and his ideas of what is a fair way to split treasure, and like the bully he is, he'll probably get his way. He leans on the railing and stares out to sea, tired of the whole business already.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

"An interesting discussion," Sko interjects. "How do you measure a person's worth in battle? By how much blood they drew? By the number of killing blows? By the battle healing given out? As I said, an interesting discussion."

"Personally, I care nothing for the Captain's "gifts". He gives them out as one would a bone to a dog who has bitten where he was told. Are we less prisoners than we were before because he has patted our heads and scratched behind our ears?"

Divide such "treasures" however you would. But rest assured that if my efforts are to be so casually dismissed then I will make certain to judge everyone by the same accord in the future."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay - the post is edited/deleted. Please forget it ever happened and apologies for saying anything about the treasure.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

When did Jiro mention the amulet? Can't find the post, sorry.

GM Does Grok have a responce to Dhaavan RE the gear he wants and pricing of the potions.

Seeing as folks are talking about the loot from the captain, Dhaavan speaks up.
"So there's also the matter o' that amulet and Pike. Now if somebody gets close enough to cut me i likely got bigger problems than a slightly thicker skin'll solve, so I got no complaints bout somebody else gettin the jewelry. That said, I could use one of those Invisibility potions, Rain. Do my summoning without anyone seein' me, just in case? I'd certainly appreciate the added safety. I think i could work that Pike, but then again, a body with the muscle to put behind it would likely be better suited to usin it."

To Sko, Dhaavan gives a teasing grin, saying, "Well, I didn't se you doing a damn thing for most of that fight. That said i didn't see damned much of ANYTHING for that fight!" pausing in a parody of thoughtfulness he adds, "Likely cause of that fog, I'll wager." Dhaavan laughs a little, hoping to get a laugh from the big man. Dhaavan make joke, Very funny, yes? You like. It's funny cause dhaavan couldn't see through the mist, then made an ooc borat reference, god that film hurt my soul

"Honestly tho Sko, I caught some o that healin yea were passin' out, an' I'd guess ol' Horatio may have had a worse time o' things without yea, so don't think he don't appreciate. Right Flynn?"

Edit: tweaked to make sense without Flynn's post

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel listens to Rain's direction on his words of wisdom to Flynn. Although not in complete agreement with her, Variel nods his head and let's her finish. He is the one that was calling himself a failure in front of everyone. When I try to spin it positive, it comes across as a lecture. Well I guess next time I will just shut up and let him rant on about his own actions.

----------------------------

Switching topics, Variel asks instead about the new 'recruits' once everyone is present. How do you think we should had led those joining us? I mean we just defeated them, killed some, but saved others. Should we go about as comrades, victors, fellow pressed ganged crew? Plugg and Scourge will make it obvious soon that we hold no standing on the ship at all.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

When did Jiro mention the amulet? Can't find the post, sorry.

GM Does Grok have a responce to Dhaavan RE the gear he wants and pricing of the potions.

Seeing as folks are talking about the loot from the captain, Dhaavan speaks up.
"So there's also the matter o' that amulet and Pike. Now if somebody gets close enough to cut me i likely got bigger problems than a slightly thicker skin'll solve, so I got no complaints bout somebody else gettin the jewelry. That said, I could use one of those Invisibility potions, Rain. Do my summoning without anyone seein' me, just in case? I'd certainly appreciate the added safety. I think i could work that Pike, but then again, a body with the muscle to put behind it would likely be better suited to usin it."

To Sko, Dhaavan gives a teasing grin, saying, "Well, I didn't se you doing a damn thing for most of that fight. That said i didn't see damned much of ANYTHING for that fight!" pausing in a parody of thoughtfulness he adds, "Likely cause of that fog, I'll wager." Dhaavan laughs a little, hoping the big man catches his joke.

"Honestly tho mate, I caught some o that healin yea were passin' out, an' I'd guess ol' Horatio may have had a worse time o' things without yea, so don't think he don't appreciate. Right Flynn?"

Edit: tweaked to make sense without Flynn's post

I turn from the gunwale and glance at Dhaavan as I continue to smoke, when he mentions the division of wealth.

"You among all of us rushed the pirate who attacked the captain. I saw you next to him - you summoned your hell hawk - or whatever that creature was - to aid you... But you laid a dark spell on the villain before the captain brought him down and risked your neck besides. This was a daring feat - for you are no melee fighter... It was both bold, and courageous."

"For that act alone, I would say that you deserve more the bonus the captain gave us for helping him, for you risked more than all of us - and did more than I..."

"As for dividing treasure? If it was I - I would give you the amulet, if you wanted it. No one else asked for it, in any case."

"For now I have only the coin given to me."

"It is true that having the sword would aid me in combat, and it is true that having the amulet would aid me if I was in the middle of things. I have few spells - my pistol does not work well standing next to another - and I am no great swordsmen."

"But I will not say more than that. To be honest - I do not want to cause any problems - and I fear if I speak further, I will only anger people."

I look at Dhaavan thoughtfully, seeing his smile.

I smile back a little.

"You have been a good friend to me - thank you for that, Dhaavan."


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7
Dhavaan wrote:

Seeing as folks are talking about the loot from the captain, Dhaavan speaks up.

"So there's also the matter o' that amulet and Pike. Now if somebody gets close enough to cut me i likely got bigger problems than a slightly thicker skin'll solve, so I got no complaints bout somebody else gettin the jewelry. That said, I could use one of those Invisibility potions, Rain. Do my summoning without anyone seein' me, just in case? I'd certainly appreciate the added safety. I think i could work that Pike, but then again, a body with the muscle to put behind it would likely be better suited to usin it."

To Sko, Dhaavan gives a teasing grin, saying, "Well, I didn't se you doing a damn thing for most of that fight. That said i didn't see damned much of ANYTHING for that fight!" pausing in a parody of thoughtfulness he adds, "Likely cause of that fog, I'll wager." Dhaavan laughs a little, hoping to get a laugh from the big man. Dhaavan make joke, Very funny, yes? You like. It's funny cause dhaavan couldn't see through the mist, then made an ooc borat reference, god that film hurt my soul

"Honestly tho mate, I caught some o that healin yea were passin' out, an' I'd guess ol' Horatio may have had a worse time o' things without yea, so don't think he don't appreciate. Right Flynn?"

You shouldn't have deleted the post; it was one of the few things that anyone has said that Sko has actually found interesting.

Sko shrugs. "You misunderstand. I do not care for the Captain's baubles because I am not free to use them in any meaningful manner. Does anyone here really think the Captain gave out anything that he considers valuable? The man ate a person's heart to heal himself. He gives out treasure for the same reason he gives out rum, to keep the crew docile. When I have the freedom to act the perhaps I will care more about what I carry. I have trouble believing that freedom will come about from anything the Captain gives us."

"I have no problem with judging each others merits. But if we are going to do so, I simply wish the same standards to be applied each time. If we are to judge each other based on the amount of blood we spilled, and I have no problem with that at all, then let it be decided now."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:

"An interesting discussion," Sko interjects. "How do you measure a person's worth in battle? By how much blood they drew? By the number of killing blows? By the battle healing given out? As I said, an interesting discussion."

"Personally, I care nothing for the Captain's "gifts". He gives them out as one would a bone to a dog who has bitten where he was told. Are we less prisoners than we were before because he has patted our heads and scratched behind our ears?"

Divide such "treasures" however you would. But rest assured that if my efforts are to be so casually dismissed then I will make certain to judge everyone by the same accord in the future."

I look over Sko.

"No one dismissed your power Sko. If you feel slighted on that count, speak plainly - tell me, I will do what I can to redress it. I am not seeking to cause more strife - if by word, or action, or lack of word or action - I have offended you - tell me; I will happily amend what I said."

"As for how you judge people? I do not know what to make of that... If you do not like being judged a certain way, for you feel it be unjust - than do so yourself... But no; I say again - if you feel by my word; action - or lack of action - that I have wronged you - speak plainly with me now. I will amend it - I will correct it. Whatever you wish me to say - let me know; I do not want any more trouble from anyone."

"Please tell me what you want - I will do what you ask," I add, my voice sad, but sincere.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7
Horatio Flynn wrote:


"No one dismissed your power Sko. If you feel slighted on that count, speak plainly - tell me, I will do what I can to redress it. I am not seeking to cause more strife - if by word, or action, or lack of word or action - I have offended you - tell me; I will happily amend what I said."

"As for how you judge people? I do not know what to make of that... If you do not like being judged a certain way, for you feel it be unjust - than do so yourself... But no; I say again - if you feel by my word; action - or lack of action - that I have wronged you - speak plainly with me now. I will amend it - I will correct it. Whatever you wish me to say - let me know; I do not want any more trouble from anyone."

"Please tell me what you want - I will do what you ask," I add, my voice sad, but sincere.

Sko shakes his head. "It is not a matter of being slighted. I feel that I am not expressing myself properly; something I admit that I am prone to."

"It seems to me that two issues have been brought up but are being considered as one. In doing so, I feel both have been oversimplified. I have already spoken as to why I want none of the Captain's treasure. However, if we are going judge each other and use that as a basis for merit, I simply ask that it always be done the same and I will act accordingly. I don't want to guess at how I'm being evaluated based on an ever-changing set of conditions."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Ooh, but that gets so messy, Sko," Dhaavan replies making a melodramatic "grossed-out" face then continuing with one of his grinning shrugs, "and I myself don't spill that much, it's all my... pets and then there's the way Valeros seems to get folks off our backs for a few seconds and lets us turn the tide of a fight, or when somebody uses magic or a potion and bandages us up. So judging by merits is complicated task." Dhaavan is being a little silly and cavalere to start, nad self-depricating as well, but talking about Valeros's Command or combat healing, he is candid and impressed by those actions.

Dropping to a whisper with those near him he says "I feel like if we're going to survive, especially without the captain, cause he has stayed Plugg's hands a few times I think we need to do what we can to make sure everyone is as well armed as possible. Giving stuff to whoever's got need of it, or would make best use of it. So whoever tends to get hits, but can't em all that well would have the biggest need of that amulet, I'd say."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:
Dhavaan wrote:

Seeing as folks are talking about the loot from the captain, Dhaavan speaks up.

"So there's also the matter o' that amulet and Pike. Now if somebody gets close enough to cut me i likely got bigger problems than a slightly thicker skin'll solve, so I got no complaints bout somebody else gettin the jewelry. That said, I could use one of those Invisibility potions, Rain. Do my summoning without anyone seein' me, just in case? I'd certainly appreciate the added safety. I think i could work that Pike, but then again, a body with the muscle to put behind it would likely be better suited to usin it."

To Sko, Dhaavan gives a teasing grin, saying, "Well, I didn't se you doing a damn thing for most of that fight. That said i didn't see damned much of ANYTHING for that fight!" pausing in a parody of thoughtfulness he adds, "Likely cause of that fog, I'll wager." Dhaavan laughs a little, hoping to get a laugh from the big man. Dhaavan make joke, Very funny, yes? You like. It's funny cause dhaavan couldn't see through the mist, then made an ooc borat reference, god that film hurt my soul

"Honestly tho mate, I caught some o that healin yea were passin' out, an' I'd guess ol' Horatio may have had a worse time o' things without yea, so don't think he don't appreciate. Right Flynn?"

You shouldn't have deleted the post; it was one of the few things that anyone has said that Sko has actually found interesting.

Sko shrugs. "You misunderstand. I do not care for the Captain's baubles because I am not free to use them in any meaningful manner. Does anyone here really think the Captain gave out anything that he considers valuable? The man ate a person's heart to heal himself. He gives out treasure for the same reason he gives out rum, to keep the crew docile. When I have the freedom to act the perhaps I will care more about what I carry. I have trouble believing that freedom will come about from anything the Captain gives us."

"I have no problem with judging each...

I scratch my chin absently.

"I did not know the captain healed himself by feasting on a heart... I saw him eat it, to be sure... But I attached no magical significance to it."

My eyes grow a bit distant as I think for a moment...

"I have heard many tribesmen from Mwangi have eaten the heart of enemy - be it a man; or a lion - or a cheetah... They say such things give them great strength - to eat the heart of an enemy takes inside of you his power..."

"But I confess - I presumed such things were mere superstition. I had no idea they were based in fact; magical or otherwise..."

I look away from him.

"As for the division of wealth? Many days ago - when we first did battle with thugs in the hold - I argued hotly over how we would distribute the wealth we earned. I sensed then, as we were pressed men - we would be together - serve together - and may one day escape together."

"I believed then that an equitable means of distributing wealth - if we worked together - would be best. I tried to encourage a system then - but I recall that I was loudly criticized for that determination."

"I thought it would best to ascribe a monetary value of the items found in gold - and then - when the items were divided - each man would have no more then the value of the gold; some with many items - some with one - but each with equal value."

"My efforts failed then - they were poorly received."

"I would see that a division of wealth - and a means to divide it be reached on equitably and fairly - openly - so we understand each other in the future before such action happens, and this sort of thing is stillborn."

"But as for how that is done? I no longer judge myself able to speak on this matter..." I say.

"Please understand, I am not trying to offend anyone - but, even so - I succeed with too much ease."

"For the division of this wealth - there are many ways to come to an accord - and many thoughts I have on the subject - but one overshadows them all: I do not want any more arguments. I do not want fighting - I do not want dissention - I want to survive, and live and be happy."

"There are many things I would like - and many things I wish to have - but I will not argue for them now, I... I do not believe it would do me any good... but by that I mean, I think my efforts to offer advice would only annoy or anger the others. And I do not wish to do that anymore; and I have tried not to, but it seems I fail."

I look at the pile of treasure a moment.

"I would add, make what arrangements you would for the gear - I will accept it, with no troubles. I am sorry if my words upset you earlier - I did not mean to slight you - but as you may have noticed, I seem to annoy people without meaning to. I apologize for that, and will do my best not to let it happen again."

My eyes turn back to the sea.

"Perhaps - one day when we are out of this mess - I will share with you coffee, strong hot and potent - and we may exchange tales of our life and experiences, if you would not mind, I would like to know more about this "blood magic" of the heart you spoke of, for I find it interesting," I add with a sincere tone "but, such things are for another harbor, I suppose."

"Of course - I shall leave it to you, sir. And again - I did not mean to slight your powers - trust me when I say I respect them - and your strength - very much. Your healing did much in battle - I confess I had forgotten - for my blood was hot, and my mind confused."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

"Ooh, but that gets so messy, Sko," Dhaavan replies making a melodramatic "grossed-out" face then continuing with one of his grinning shrugs, "and I myself don't spill that much, it's all my... pets and then there's the way Valeros seems to get folks off our backs for a few seconds and lets us turn the tide of a fight, or when somebody uses magic or a potion and bandages us up. So judging by merits is complicated task." Dhaavan is being a little silly and cavalere to start, nad self-depricating as well, but talking about Valeros's Command or combat healing, he is candid and impressed by those actions.

Dropping to a whisper with those near him he says "I feel like if we're going to survive, especially without the captain, cause he has stayed Plugg's hands a few times I think we need to do what we can to make sure everyone is as well armed as possible. Giving stuff to whoever's got need of it, or would make best use of it. So whoever tends to get hits, but can't em all that well would have the biggest need of that amulet, I'd say."

I turn a dry smile to Dhaavan.

"Plugg's hand was stayed you say? You are wise my friend, but you recall to my mind a tale... though I should add that Sko had kindled my thoughts on the matter as well..."

"I have studied much about the humors of the body - and the methods of healing... Such studies can unlock the mysteries of both pain and pleasure."

"I think on Sko's words of blood magic and the tasting of the heart... I think also of the need to punish rude people for their insults, even as this Plugg is rude... I think further of a doctor studied in the Academy - a very good doctor - very wise; his name was Doctor Fell..."

"In any case - yes; we do not have the captain to check Plugg's violence - yet he does not have the captain to protect him either, and that may not be so bad," I say, hoping to give the young man a vote of confidence.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro will walk up to Rain and bow slightly. "Rain-san, now that we're out of danger and have a moment, I'd like to talk to you about the things we found or were given. I'm hurt pretty bad and no one has offered to heal me, so could I get one of the potions of curing? Also, I'd like one of the invisibility potions. It could come in really handy for me at some point. I have a pretty good chance of moving around without being heard, so not being seen as well could be very advantageous. Since you have all the items, I thought I'd come to you with my requests, though I guess we need to all discuss who gets what, neh?"

He steps back away from Rain, to give her time to consider his query, and slips back over to the railing, where he looks out to sea for a bit.

"Jiro, if the others are in agreement too, I have no issue with you taking one of each of the potions. You already have a knack for slipping in and out of places unseen so the invisibility potion would certainly give you an even greater advantage."

"See to some healing from Valeros. I believe his healing magic is yet unspent." (I know Dhaav and the GM already worked this out but I threw it in there for sake of cohesive rp. ;) Okay, and then beaten to the punch with Jiro's posting. Ah well.)

I wander over to Rain, seeing her alone, and nod to her.

"Thank you for what you said earlier. I appreciate your words - and that you stood up for me."

"I do not know what to do - but I do try. Sadly my efforts have not been very successful."

"Whatever I do on this ship seems to draw ire - sometimes, I confess, my own temper instigates it... and perhaps I could be more empathetic to the others on the ship... we are all slaves - and have suffered here for a long time... No one is really themselves..."

I watch the waves as the ship sways on the water.

"But through it all, you have been kind to me. You have spoken for me when others have berated me... I appreciate that more than you know; and I thank you for your kindness..."

"You are a good person, I think that's all I wanted to say," then I lapse into silence as I stand next her, and simply stare at the sea.


Dhaavan you can pick up your potion from Grok before you all split.

Moving quickly over the planks to the main deck of the Man's Promise, you are able to get a much better look at your new home. She is a three masted merchant ship and considerably bigger than the Wormwood but she isn't quite as fast judging by your ability to catch her so easily. Designed to be stable over long voyages, with your skeleton crew she will be unable to make even the speed she normally would be able to. At 105' long she is relatively narrow at 30' wide. More info on the Man's Promise is on the campaign tab

You head on board and then immediately go below to stow your gear. You are assigned into the crew berth's compartment where a series of hammocks are strung between rows of support columns. Everyone is assigned to this compartment except for the Officers, who are assigned to the officer's quarters along with Jape, Aretta, Tate, the five Rahadoumi sailors, and Sandara and Rosie. Ambrose is assigned to the cooks cabin. Plugg takes over the Captain's Quarters and has Owlbear chained to the mast in the room to guard it on a 15' chain.

Once you drop your gear, you hear Scourge bellowing for assembly. Reaching the deck you see that the Wormwood is already underway. Scourge assembles the crew for Plugg to address you from atop the aft deck looking down on you with a smug but stern expression. You heard Captain Harrigan! We are taking this ship to Port Peril to be salvaged. I run my ship differently to Harrigan. He coddled you too much and discipline was lax. There will be no carousing aboard this ship. No rum rations and crew are confined to quarters during the night. Anyone found on deck after hours will suffer 6 lashes of the cat. In fact, we will not be using the whip or the rope at all on this ship. The cat will teach discipline quicker and more efficiently. Whatever your job was on the Wormwood is what it is here with the exception of some of the officers. Master Scourge is your new First Mate. Do not cross him. He has my full support to do anything necessary to make sure we complete our journey...and I do mean anything necessary. Now get your asses to work and make ready to sail! Master Scourge! Move them along! At which point he heads into the Captain's Cabin and Scourge begins bellowing orders to get underway. It is currently midafternoon.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Immortal, variel asked Grok if she acquired acquire any MW chain shirt from the Promise or any scrolls found in the loot? If so Variel would be interested in both. If not then he will hold his coin for now.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I ponder this point internally...

No deck watch - no night duty... if there is an enemy, or storm... how would he know? Unless he hoves too, but if he does that in deep water, he'll drift... Yet - if he does so near the coast... That may serve just as well... especially with boats!

I look to the lee of the ship - seeing The Wormwood on the horizon.

But we can't escape with that other ship so close; too many eyes...

I stow my gear and get to work.

For the tasks on duty, I'll not have my armor - only my usual "work gear" on my person.


You are able to get the MW Chain Shirt Variel. There weren't any scrolls found unfortunately.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Thanks immortal. There goes the 250gp Variel just got. Looks like Variel needs to sell the shorts words from the crew as well as his studded leather armor. Is it still 90% value on purchases?

Listening to the tone and words of Plugg, Variel's heart and head does a nose dive. Too brutal of punishment and not enough slack in the chain. Keep this up and the chain will break soon and not bend. I give this group three days before a riot starts and mutiny is mentioned at this rate Variel keeps these thoughts to himself at this time but looks at the faces of everyone else on the Promise to see their reaction. As expected those friendly with Plugg were fine with the conditions and those that Plugg disliked tried to not show their contempt openly.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

wait, so everyone has a cabin except for us? The 5 rahadoumi, his three surviving toadies, sandara, and Rosie are all in cabins?

How's this change our actions available? And can we take action to influence NPCs today?

Any of the rahadoumi the ones we were fighting?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Not certain of our ship’s duties specifically – but guessing that “Captain” Plugg will tolerate no disobedience, I prepare to work.

However – that does not prevent me from going first to Owlbear – who I understand is chained in front of Plugg’s cabin as some sort of guard.

Guessing he will do his duty, even if he doesn’t really want to – I make it clear I am not going to try to enter Plugg’s cabin, or anything like that.

Instead – I will make polite chit-chat with Owlbear – then I shall bend to examine his leg where the iron is braced around it. I am checking to see that there is no swelling or any undue sores or scarring around the iron.

If it looks okay – I am somewhat relieved – but I’ll do what I can to relieve any swelling or tension in it, if needed.

After that – unless specific duties are given yet – I shall than make my way below. It occurs to me that if there was indeed an explosion in which the ship was almost scuttled the beams and timbers may be damaged, and I want to check their current work.

If they look okay, than I shall move on; if not – I’ll make a note of it so it can be fixed later.

For either job, I am happy to do a Healing Check or Craft: Carpentry to take care of them.

When this is done, I will track down Dhaavan or Rain and ask them of the remaining gear – what was left, and what portion of the remains would be mine, if any.


Actually they are all in one cabin. The Officer's have their own communal cabin away from the other crew. During the day you won't be able to do much as far as actions and at night you will really only be with those you are already friendly with. You can try but it will be really difficult due to the way Plugg is setting things up. It's almost as if he is paranoid...;-)

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

As evyone is ready to set off, Variel finishes stowing his gear and gets to work again as a swab. The brief respite of daily doldrums over with the attack finished leaves him mentally fatigued and wondering what the next day has in store. At least from the sounds of it the crew that are bunked together would at least get along as everyone was friendly. Outside of someone listening in at the door they could speak and interact freely after hours. It is this thought that gets Variel through the day. That and hopefully within two weeks they would be free of Plugg at Port Peril.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro sets to work in the rigging to whatever task he's assigned, keeping to himself for the most part, and doing his job diligently, though without real enthusiasm. He watches the sea whenever he has the chance. He smiles as he works from time to time, but the smiles are fleeting and accompanied by slight scowls furrowing his forehead. He's glad to be up and away from those on deck, especially Scourge and Plugg.

profession sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He does well enough in his task but finds the day tiring and wants nothing of dinner or chitchat, wanting only to go to his bunk and sleep after working.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain had been assigned to the mainsail back on the Wormwood, so it would seem she had the same duty here on the Man's Promise.

She moves quickly below deck to stow her gear and belongings and find a bunk to call her own during the return run to Port Peril. Then she makes her way top deck to get started on her work.

Her mood was rather sombre and thoughtful. With Plugg's threats still ringing in her head; his belief in using the cat as an effective and instant punishment, Rain bristles silently, cursing Plugg and Scourge alike.

Rain remembers Variel's words to her and Flynn's. The boarding of the Rahadoumi ship and ensuing fight had been taxing enough - physically and mentally -- and then the arguments between her friends, taking an emotional toll as well. She did not like the tension and she felt uneasy around her pressed mates. Rain works diligently on the mainsail, hoping to keep Plugg's eyes from her and get through the rest of the day without further incident.

Profession, Sailor (DC 10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
CON check (DC 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

After I've "Made the Rounds" via Owlbear - and checked the woodwork on the hull below - making sure that it is not damaged by the explosion we heard of - and curious to see how things are going - I return aloft and go about my business.

Seeing the Rahadoum sailors working at their tasks. I have heard they speak the Orisioni tongue well, and I do not. Vexed at this lack of languages - I am still curious to know if they have knowledge of other words... So, on a whim, I call out to any of them in the Polyglot tongue - curious to know if any can understand it.

Depending on how they respond will effect my actions with them.

As Rain has not answered me about what will be done with the sword or amulet, I shrug to myself.

It seems such things would not be answered now - perhaps later tonight?

I also wonder what happened to the mass of weapons we took from the crew - not counting the gold we picked up from their bodies... As soon as we sit down, that is something worth noting.

Ah me - but again; that is for tonight, I suppose.

Meanwhile, as I presume that the members of my crew are still filled with their own thoughts - so I elect to give them a wide berth.

Resolving that I shall not be daunted by our current situation - I determine to find a silver lining, if I can.

So, giving the other pressed folk room - I'll call out to Rosie - and ask the Halfling lass what she plans on doing with the prize money when she reaches Port Peril.

I am no fan of that place - and would rather we would be sailing east to my own homelands in Sargava... but even so, a somewhat satisfied thought is in my head - after all; Port Peril is the location of the delightful little tavern that we discovered our fate in not so long ago.

I wonder absently what my old mentor Doctor Fell would say about the proprietor of the establishment... Certainly he'd be upset at their treatment of us - yet I can't help but smile as I recall the good Doctor - indeed, his work was masterful - but he was less excited about his profession than he was about artwork, music, or poetry - and his passion - the culinary styles he studied.

Thinking of that for a moment, and recalling the fondness that Halflings had for food, I call out various recipes to Rosie - bouncing off ideas with her from my chores even as we both work.

Naturally, I'm happy to include anyone in the conversation - but I make no plans to invite someone in. No doubt they have their own tasks and thoughts to ponder...


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Ret-con w/the crew, after what flynn said to Dhaavan:

Unprepared for, and unaccustomes to such shows of warmth that he is not actively vying for, Dhaavan is slightly taken aback by Horatio's words. "Thanks mate. Even though you can get on my nerves sometimes, when i don't get what yer playing at, I like ya well too." SLightly confused still, the young man rallies with a smile and a less serious tone, saying, "I really ain't much good at that sort o' talk mate, so serious, but honestly, in that fight, ya popped off a good shot, and I figured if I slowed him down, my bird would finish the job well enough so i didn't feel like i was really stickin my neck out all that far. Not like how ya ran up on the officer, or Rain getting up into the mix ta hold the wheel and all," modestly giving Rain a nod.

Getting ready for what they go to do, Dhaavan gives Horatio a light clap on the shoulder "We're mates, far as I'm concerned, and whatever else, that's what I said , and that's how it is. I got yer back best I can." Remembering Flynn's expected execution last night, he adds, "Mind ya I ain't making a promise I can't keep, but yea got my best. Now don't get yerself too tied us as i can't do nothing, yea?" Trying to insert a little levity but unable to gloss over or ignore the fact that yesterday there was nothing to be done for Flynn that wasn't a total waste, Dhaavan makes an honest and realistic promise.

"I mean that to any what are me mates too," he adds glancing around to the Pressganged, and throwing a look at his NPC friends and looking at the Rahadoumi as well, although with a slightly curious expression...

Before everyone gets going, Dhaavan quickly says to Rain and Jiro, before parting ways, "Oye, see if ya can get a word wit Ratty and Conchobhar about them gettin ta know who the Rahadoumi are, and make nice wit those five, since we can't talk to em at night." Hopefully those two can find our about the new crewmembers for us that evening, and if Rain or Jiro meet the new crewmen, all the better long as they make a good impression. But they know what they would do, and DHaavan isn't givin any orders beyond suggestign gettign their friends to secure further allys.

During the day, once we receive orders to get to work, Dhaavan takes up checking the new ship for Rats, since he's actually good at that, and it gives him an excuse to move about the ship.

GM: to the NPC's - Dhaavan makes it a point to get a moment near each of his friends to talk to em for a few seconds at least before resuming his work.

Jak Scrimshaw
"Hey mate," DHaavan says in Varisian. "glad yea made it out of that fight ok."he adds, clapping Jak heartily on the back. "Wish we weren't separated like we are. Heard ya talkin in me home tongue, but i ain't said a word of it since I left home, and forgot it. I'd have liked to get a hand re-learnin it, ya know. But since you in the cabin, think ya can get to know the new folk?" Dhaavan says giving a glance at a Rahadoumi who's busy workin. "Figure we crew got to stick together, them too, and I'd hate them gettin the wrong idea bout us from folk like Tate."

Sandara
Finding her when she's not really around the Officers or their Toadies if he can manage it, "So I mentioned it to Jak, but them new sailors in the crew, I'd like ta get to know em, but can't talk to em at night, and day is hard, so while yer turned in, ya mind trying to get to know em?" Dhaavan's words are short and punctuated by digging around in a pile of goods. Moments later a rat scurries out which is quickly impailed by a thrown dagger that appeared instantly at Dhaavan's fingertips "Don't want em ta take ill ta me or the rest of us wit'out ever gettin a chance ta meet us." he says as he cleans off his blade and puts it back in his sheath. He gives her an appreciative smile as he hurries away, keeping busy.

There's not too much time to talk on deck, but if he can manage it Dhaavan wants to try to get to know or at least meet one of the new Crewmen.
Rahadoumi Swab
Influence: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
"Oye, welcome to the crew, i guess," Dhaavan says panting as the rat he was sprinting after disappears into the woodwork. "I swear yer dead when i find ya!" he snaps at the rodent. "Sorry. I'm Dhaavan, Tattoo-artist turned rat-catcher apparently" He glances at the Rahadoumi, sizing the individual up quickly, making casual mention of any Tatts he/she may have. "You are? Dhaavan asks. I'll have a little more RP soon as i know what Dhaavan sees. Dhaavan'll lend a hand with whatever task the swab is doing if it's at all necessary so he can talk for a few moments longer while not slacking.

Jack Thrush keeps an eye out for Patch, the new Boatswain.

Shivikah
"Hells, this is the first day I've been myself in almost a week!" he says coming up behind Shivikah. He looks her over trying to determine exactly how much attention she'd want from him, "Pity being confined to quarters at night." he mentions with a bit of a shrug, giving her a devilish grin.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

When Rain spies Flynn above deck again, she guardedly signals him over, hoping to have a private word to him about the other items collected during their engagement with the Rahadoumi ship.

She speaks to him in quiet Aquan,

Aquan to Flynn:

"If you want the +1 short sword, it is yours. No one has asked for it and you could use it well enough, I feel. I have been considering the +1 natural armor amulet, and if Dhaavan plans on actively participating in the fighting then he will need its protection more than the other pressed mates. Yet, Jiro in his courageous ways is thrown into the midst of battle and he could always benefit from the amulet. I am torn in this last decision. I am seeking to resolve it by not considering my annoyance and general dislike of Dhaavan's behaviour. A good leader must see past her personal feelings to the welfare of the group. Being a leader is not so simple or easy." Rain sighs aloud, forgetting to maintain her composure in front of Flynn.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Dhaavan wrote:

Before everyone gets going, Dhaavan quickly says to Rain and Jiro, before parting ways, "Oye, see if ya can get a word wit Ratty and Conchobhar about them gettin ta know who the Rahadoumi are, and make nice wit those five, since we can't talk to em at night."

Retcon

Rain nods her head at Dhaavan's instruction. Ratline she considers a friend of sort and Conchobhar had made his intentions clear enough on their last meeting. She would keep an eye out for the riggers when she was working top deck and would have a word to them when no one was paying much attention to her or them.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:

[dice=Stealth]1d20+7

When Rain spies Flynn above deck again, she guardedly signals him over, hoping to have a private word to him about the other items collected during their engagement with the Rahadoumi ship.

She speaks to him in quiet Aquan,

** spoiler omitted **

Pleased to hear Rain's voice, I smile at her.

After hearing her words, I ponder...

"You are right... Leading is never easy... Such tasks are challenging, but they often times must be done. Still - you have a good disposition for it... In fact, you remind me of a noblewoman I saw when I was younger... A visiting dignitary - with much of your same spirit and attitude... Very different in many ways though, too. Of course, that's not surprising - she was from nearly halfway across the world... The River Kingdoms, as I recall... "

I shake myself from what seems to be pleasant recollections.

"Very good! Meanwhile - I shall pick up the blade tonight. Thank you very much," I add with a bow.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro nods toward Dhaavan and shrugs... "I'm not so good talking with other people apparently, not like you are. I've never even really met ratline and the gnome barely, but if the opportunity arises, I'll try to talk to them."

He sees Rain nod to the same suggestion and thinks to himself She's much better with folk than I am, but I don't know if she really knows Ratline either. Conchobar I think wants to bed her, so I know she'll do better with him. He blushes furiously at this last thought and goes back to work.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

If Seijiro gets a chance to work anywhere close to Ratline during the day, he'll maneuver his way closer and smile at him.

"Hi, I'm Seijiro. I know we really haven't met even though we've been working side by side for a few weeks. I guess it's mostly my fault, I'm a little shy, and talking like this is hard for me. Anyway, I was wondering, well, my friends Dhaavan and Rain over there, were wondering, if maybe you couldn't try talking to the new sailors from Rahadoum in the evening, maybe get to know 'em a bit, find out some about them, feel out their attitudes toward our ... their... new berths here."

diplomacy with Ratline: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

He considers his chances with Conchabar and at first decides to let Rain handle him since he isn't even subtle about his intentions toward her, but Rain is working the mainsail today and he's not sure if she'll get the opportunity.

Seijiro works his way over toward the gnome and speaks softly, "'Allo, Conchabar. Haven't talked to you for several days. That was quite an exciting battle, wasn't it? I'm glad you made it through alright. I have a little favor to ask, if you wouldn't mind. A small thing really. Maybe in the evening, you could talk to the Rahadoumi conscripts and maybe get to know em a little bit, feel them out about their new status and such? Maybe let Rain know if you find out anything... I'm sure she'll want to talk to you about this. Give you a chance to get close to her, eh?"

diplomacy with Conchabar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


These spoilers are not really private but are more just to keep the boards neat and organized.

As the day progresses and the Wormwood disappears over the horizon, you go about your assigned tasks and begin chatting with the crew. The Rahadoumi are avoiding talking to you all where possible and when they do it is only about work matters. You aren't sure why but you can probably guess the reason.

DM EYES ONLY:
1d20 ⇒ 10, 1d20 ⇒ 6

Horatio:
Actually Horatio, Owlbear is chained up IN Plugg's cabin, so unless you try to break in you wont be able to see him. Also, your duties are still as a swab so those are what you are assigned to do. Whatever the last duties you had on the ship are what you are assigned this time. Also while looking at one of the swords that the crew had you had seen a small insignia for the word Shanxia in Elven inscribed crudely in tiny letters on the pommel but weren't sure what it meant. You were unable to see much more of it before the battle ended and then the swords were all taken as part of the plunder for the Wormwood though you received a larger cut due to their capture.

You can get the opportunity to look real quick at the explosion though on your way to stow your gear. There is no structural damage and only scorch marks. It looks like the explosion was mostly flame but was quickly put out.

Seijiro:
Your tasks throughout the day are exhausting as with the skeleton crew you are having to essentially do the job of two just to keep things going. When you make your way over to Ratline he greets you with a smile and replies I already tried chatting with them but got rebuffed quite handily. It seems Plugg warned them against talking with them that are friendly with you lot. I think the man be a bit unhinged and paranoid. All I know is that this looks to be an even harder voyage than that under Harrigan. Just know you and yours got me backing should you need it. We're mates now so you don't need to worry none about coming to see me Seijiro. He slaps you on the back jovially with his overlong halfling arms.

At the same time Conchobar comes over to you and replies I'd love to help you out Seijiro but they won't talk to me either. Plugg probably got to them during the celebrations or something. I'll keep trying though. He looks over at you and whispers You know if Rain is with either of them two blokes, Horatio or Variel. I keep seeing them with her but I don't know. I mean she's a right fine one and all but I'd rather not step my toe into shark infested water if you get my meaning.

Rain:
You see Conchobar and Ratline conversing with Seijiro and have a spare moment to interact if you wish. You could even have heard the tail end of Conchobars statement about shark infested waters as well.

Dhaavan:
Jak Scrimshaw smiles as you approach and says Hey Dhaavan, think we'll have time for you to give me one of your tattoos? I've got a design I want to use. It's in honor of me mum but don't tell the guys that or they'll rib me good over it. He pauses a moment as you talk and says I'm not sure what good I'll be in the cabin as I plan on keeping my mouth shut so I don't get shanked in me sleep. Same with Sandara I spect. I think Plugg might have put us in there as we were the most vocal with trying to make sure Horatio didn't get keelhauled. We even went to Riaris and Peppery to try and help. I expect Plugg didn't like that too much. Had us whipped privately but now I think he wants to separate us so we can't plot against him.

Sandara look at you when you go over and says Yeah I already tried to talk to em but Plugg got them buttoned up tighter than a priest's a@~#!$*. Paranoid and twitch bastard ain't he? She says with a laugh. Though I can't say I'm happy about the sleeping arrangements. She says, frowning down at the deck. At that she goes back to her work.

When you go over to one of the Rahadoumi, he is about to rebuff you when you start talking and he whispers quietly and looking around frantically to see if anyone is watching I'm not supposed to be talking to you lot. Captain Plugg made that very clear to us. Now please leave me alone. I don't want to get tossed overboard like Lilliana.

Shivikah grins at you and says Well it doesn't bother me if we have an audience if it doesn't bother you, sweetness.


Variel, Valeros, Sko, I have to run into a meeting but I will have some stuff for you all as well when I get out in a couple hours. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget you! :-)


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

These spoilers are not really private but are more just to keep the boards neat and organized.

As the day progresses and the Wormwood disappears over the horizon, you go about your assigned tasks and begin chatting with the crew. The Rahadoumi are avoiding talking to you all where possible and when they do it is only about work matters. You aren't sure why but you can probably guess the reason.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

To GM:

A larger cut due to their capture? Excellent! How much larger is the cut, then, specifically?

Well - I suppose I'll find out whenever you get back from your meeting.

That said, I continue to perform my duties admirably - of course.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Assuming something doesn't happen beforehand, Sko will chat briefly with the Rahadoumi using the Osiriani tongue. He's not trying to influence them, just trying to make them feel less like strangers by speaking in their native language. Hopefully, that will make them feel more at ease if we do need to influence them. He'll then start to head for the galley and see what this tub has in the way of food.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Thank you for your insights, Ratline. Not good news, but good to know a bit how Plugg and Scourge are thinking... Perhaps like you say he's a bit unhinged. Not good in a leader, and that's something to think about, neh?"

To Conchabar, he says, "Thanks for trying anyway, if an opening presents itself, perhaps you'll have more luck in the future. I think our 'leader' is a bit um... unhinged? and perhaps that's not something we want in a captain, neh? Anyway.. while the waters might be shark infested a bit, I don't think their target is making itself available to either of them. I've heard a clever dolphin can defeat a shark or two if it's determined." While he blushes a bit, he gives Conchabar a broad wink and an encouraging smile.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

I believe that Variel was swabbing the deck before everything occurred.

Variel continues his work and tries to at least be considerate of the Rahadoumi that just joined them. For the most part though, Variel let's them be as the sudden transition from free, sailors to pressed members is unsettling at the least.
Str check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

If possible Variel will talk with Sandara and Rosie making sure that they are okay after the fight.


Sko: The Rahadoumi give you the same response the others got.

Seijiro with Conchabar: A dolphin eh? I like that. They are beautiful animals and quite intelligent besides. He give you a short bow and heads off whistling to himself.

Survival DC 15:
You notice that Plugg has changed course and is no longer heading towards Port Peril. Port Peril is to the Northwest and you are now heading Northeast back towards the Slithering coast.

You are all able to finish your tasks for the day but Plugg decides that Horatio and Valeros will each get a single lash with the Cat. Horatio gets his lash for looking at Plugg with "insolent eyes" and Valeros for not getting out of Plugg's way on the stairs during the day.

Cat on Horatio 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cat on Valeros 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

After the punishments you are all served your food in your berth with the others and not on deck. Mister Plugg makes it clear that no one is to be on deck without permission. Down in the berth, Fishguts makes his way over to you all and says in a low voice Plugg's got him and his ilk up in the Captain's cabin having some sort of meeting. I don't know what it is but he has all thems that are loyal to him up there and not just Scourge and the officers. Tate, Aretta, and even them Rahadoumi are in there. Thought you all should know.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Jak:

"I can keep a secret." Dhaavan tells him putting a finger to his lips whispering a Shhh. "Don't exactly have much that I got to do, aside from the daily chores, so whenever ya can get around I'll fix ya up with that." WIth a frown and a shrug, he adds "Pity about the new blood... We won't rock the boat, or make trouble for yea till we get to Port. Didn't realize I'd miss Harigan so soon, or Peppery either."
Sandara:

"Jak mentioned his concern too. At least yea have some power what the brass aught to respect, so yea should be safe." Dhaavan sighs at this and they separate, getting to work again, very much displeased with the current situation.
Shivikah:

Dhaavan cracks a smile and chuckles. "Yea can find me after we get off shift. See what we can get away with."

"Well this is problematic..." Dhaavan notes to the gathered folks. "Looks like he wants to put the squeeze on the Rahadoumi, but they seem more scared of him than loyal to him like his lackeys from the Wormwood are. Jiro, yea think ya can get a better look at what's goin in in their little pow-wow? Yea can use one o' them potions so yea can't get spotted, leave each of us with one, yeah?"

infernal:
"Jack, go check it out. Don't be seen."
Jack flits off quietly and tries to find a way into the captain's quarters to listen in at the porthole.
Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

survival untrained 1d20 ⇒ 5

I agree Dhaavan. The question is, what can we do about it? Clearly Plugg is keeping us from talking to the Rahadoumi so they don't look upon us favorably. The use of the cat on Flynn and Valeros is just cruel, but we knew that the moment we were chosen for the crew. If Sandara and Jak were down here the I would be more inclined to let it be, but they have them up there as well and who knows what torment they are being put through because they are our friends. The only hope I am holding onto right now is Port Peril can't be more than 2 weeks away can it?

Hearing Dhaavan mention someone going up to listen in on the conversation, Variel looks at the wiry Jiro. If they would catch him, that would be the end of him for sure. At least two of us should go to keep an eye on the others back at least. I am not the best at remaining undetected but I will go along with him if he wishes. I can also possibly open doors from a distance if they are unlocked. That should at least let us have a head start if we are detected moving around.

If Jiro wants company:

stealth check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Variel will follow Jiro's lead using open/close as needed to facilitate the stealth operation.

Cant see crap but hopefully no one can see him either.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Jack'll keep an eye on him, and Jiro can use one of the potions to disappear. And a little bird'll arouse less suspicion than two of us, but if you want to go, I won't stop yea. Jsut be real careful. Only reason I ask Jiro is cause i know he's particularly good at slipping around unnoticed, and he's got that potion..."

I dont' think the friendlies are up there. Just the 4 officers, 5 Rahadoumi, and 4 toadies. Our 6 friends are excluded, GM, correct me if i'm wrong?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I sit in the hold, saying little as I listen.

My initial plan is to try to fine boards to make a large, coffin sized box for Valeros. This was a plan on the last ship - the idea being to create a sort of "bunk" for him to sleep in. The box would be well made, and sealed with pitch, so he could fill it with clean water to sleep in, like a bed, as opposed to trying to lay in the bilges. I am not clear if there is enough water in the bilges in any case for him to sleep comfortably - but I recall from the last vessel that the water was brackish and filthy - and this was attempt to make things easier on him when he tried to sleep.

If there is no loose boards about - I shall take the large block of wood that I was using to craft the small idol for Dhaavan and begin work on that project in earnest. Dhaavan - if you would like to "Aid Me" in the craft check - that would be awesome. I believe the DC is 20. I have a "Craft - Carpentry" skill at 7 - but no tools, which is a -2 penalty. So any aid by Dhaavan would be greatly appreciated.

Craft Check on Idol -
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Edit - this seems to have succeeded -but just barely. However - if Dhaavan can "aid me" successfully - I will have a +2 bonus. Currently I completed 420 silver pieces in a week. With Dhaavan's aid it would 460 silver pieces. The cost is 50 GP. So - basically, it would take a little longer than a week to get this done, so far... Oh well - it's what I'll do in my off hours, I guess.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

** spoiler omitted **** spoiler omitted **** spoiler omitted **

"Well this is problematic..." Dhaavan notes to the gathered folks. "Looks like he wants to put the squeeze on the Rahadoumi, but they seem more scared of him than loyal to him like his lackeys from the Wormwood are. Jiro, yea think ya can get a better look at what's goin in in their little pow-wow? Yea can use one o' them potions so yea can't get spotted, leave each of us with one, yeah?"

As the day concludes and the sun dips over the horizon, I watch the stars with a modestly peaceful expression, then I retire below decks.

Meanwhile - my survival check -
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

As I continue to work slowly on the idol, I listen to Dhaavan talk, using a knife for a particularly hard cut, and keeping my eye focused on it. I ponder Dhaavan's words a moment.

"I shouldn't worry about it over much, he's likely instilling them with some fear or some nonsense. But, if I may make a small suggestion - if those potions do confer invisibility - Plugg knows we have them. He saw the captain give them to us - he may already be expecting such a move with extra watch..."

"Also," I continue "we will eventually return to port. I would assume that Plugg will likely bench us while he refills the ship with supplies. I would guess that would be the best time to escape - and the best time to use the potion, to make our escape... of course, it's only a suggestion," I add, as my eyes narrow in concentration at a delicate cut with the blade on the idol in front of me.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro scowls slightly and purses his lips as he considers the options. "It WOULD be good to know what they're talking about in the captain's quarters, but the danger is great. However, I'm willing to try it if you all think I should."

He shrugs... what's the worst that could happen? I might get caught and whipped... or keelhauled... but I doubt the latter, they need every hand alive on this boat. If the worst happened, it might spur all the others to mutiny. That could be good or bad, hard to tell. He sighs and gives a fatalistic little half grin.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"I agree - it would be good to know their thoughts - but, and this is just a suggestion, of course," I add, as my knife moves to make another precise cut, then I pause to study my sketches - and make sure they align with the notes I had prepared for this work "Well - if Dhaavan can send his thrush to spy out their actions... I would guess that it will be much harder for them to see a small bird then you yourself... but also - the thrush can move aft of the ship, below the quarterdeck as it flies over the waves. There, it can listen at the window, as it were, where they may not think to post a watch..."

I lower my work for a moment and glance up at Jiro...

"There are many other punishments besides the lash and death - and many men discover hidden talents at sailing with the use of only a single eye, or hand, or leg... I would not see you so mutilated. And that may happen - for Plugg would certainly know that you could be useful with only one hand, or one eye... even so, such punishment, grim as it may be, may not encourage the others to risk their lives for you quite yet. Well - at least not until we are closer to port and safety, unless they can sail the ship themselves, of course. But even if they retaliate on the next day... the damage will have been done."

"Now, as for going aloft in general? Well, we were given specific orders against it, with a threat of punishment if we disobeyed - but I have a feeling that it would be one thing to be caught above and simply watching the stars, a fate deserving of the lash, says Plugg - but quite another thing for Plugg to catch you listening at the door to his cabin during a secret conference."

"Naturally, this assumes you get caught," I add, going back to my project for Dhaavan "but - if you are - and he realizes that killing you before we reach port is foolish - and that the lash is not intimidating enough to get results... Well, he may resort to other methods. For myself, I would not have you maimed at all, and certainly not before you had a chance to strike cleanly at the villain while he yet lives," I add as I continue to work.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Listening to the group talk, Variel says very little as he already made mention that he would go up with Jiro if Jiro wanted assistance. The only thing that Variel will add to the discussion What you say is true Flynn, but also know that knowledge is power and right now Plugg has the power and the excuse to use it. I would see that pendulum swing to our favor and if this the way about it than I will take that risk if Jiro agrees..


Jiro, if you decide to go let me know and we can work on that but right now I'm going to assume you just wait for Jack to return.

Jack gives you a nod and then flits out the door and vanishing into the gloom of the ship.

Jack returns after a long while and were it not for your empathic connection Dhaavan you would have been worried something befell him. Still it is a relief when he comes winging into the room and perches on Dhaavan's shoulder.

Jack leans in and begins whispering in Dhaavan's ear in Infernal.

Infernal:
They were making plans when I managed to get into position to hear the bastards. I was not able to hear it all but I heard some. We are not going to Port Peril. Plugg intends to set himself up as a free captain out from under Harrigan and plans on taking the ship somewhere to get it refitted, changing the lines and such to make it look like a different ship. Something called "Squibs" or something. I don't know where but the important part is that he intends on "disposing" of us all just before he reaches where he is going.


Should you decide to go you might get more information but that will have depended on a number of factors you aren't currently privy to. Let me know what you want to do and we will go from there. For now Dhaavan has the information you all have.

2,051 to 2,100 of 8,093 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.