Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


151 to 200 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dhaavan:
Sandara scoffs at the notion of getting on their "good" side. Ye can if'n ye want but those men are not worth a dogs dinner. Best thing for you to do is stick with your new mates and see about gettin some of the crew te like ye. A dangerous game to try and play with the officers. I wouldn't recommend it.

As for the Charm stuff, here's my ruling from what I can see. I am good with the first option BUT you have the risk of pissing the person off further on a made save if they can figure out what you did. So more rewards but also more risk.

Sweat pours from your brow as you see the sun drop further and further towards the horizon. Just when the fiery orange ball touches the water a clear bell rings from the stern and a booming voice that you recognize as Master Scourge yells out Assemble on deck ye mangy dogs!

Once you all get settled, the bell tolls again. Those who have been aboard ship before know this as the "bloody hour". The time when punishments for transgressions are meted out.

A man is dragged up from below decks, covered in filth and stinking to high heaven. He is tied hand and foot as well as gagged and thrown to the deck at the Captain's feet. Jakes Magpie! You have been accused of thievery on the high seas! A crime punishable by death. You have admitted yourself guilty and as such are hereby committed back to the sea. He steps back and Master Scourge kicks him and laughs saying Any last words maggot?

Jakes starts to scream around his bonds as Master Scourge and Mr. Plugg tie him to a rope that is draped across the deck and beneath the ship. Still screaming they toss him over the side and begin slowly drawing on the rope.

Perception DC 15:
Mr. Plugg has an absolutely rapturous smile on his face as he slowly draws the rope. It is obvious he is enjoying himself.

After a little over a minute has passed, a bloody mangled piece of meat flops onto the deck on the other side. The man that was there before is unrecognizable. Lacerations cover his body. Mr. Plugg has a few of his lackeys, a fat man with a cruel expression named Fipps Chumlett, and a Half-orc with a scar on his neck named Juandiced Jape, pick him up and toss him over the side. Well that will keep the sharks fed for a bit. What do you say boys! I love a good keelhaulin to get the appetite going. Fishguts! Where are you, you fat useless tub of lard?!? Mr. Plugg shouts out. Fishguts heads down to the galley and is back up in a few minutes with the evening meal. A spicy fish stew. Sko is there helping him hand out bowls of the stuff and surprisingly it is very tasty.

Along with the meal everyone gets their rum ration. It is staggeringly strong and as it is a full half pint it is more than enough to get anyone intoxicated very quickly. You all see the crew downing theirs relatively quickly although you notice Ratline attempts to hide his and is spotted by Plugg. That's six lashes on the post tomorrow Ratline! You drink that rum or so help me I'll pour it down yer gullet meself! Ratline flinches but doesn't say anything else as he glumly goes about finishing his food.

Anyone trying to hide their rum can make a stealth check to try and pour it out without being seen. For those that drink see below.

Rum Rolls:
Variel Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 5 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Sko Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 4 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Dhaavan Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 1 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Horatio Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 1 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 4 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3
Rain Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 1 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 4 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Seijiro Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 3 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Valeros Minor Addiction Save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17Charisma Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 7 Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

The First roll is a save vs becoming addicted to this particular type of rum. The second roll is the Charisma bonus you get while under the effects of the rum. The third is how long you are fatigued in hours after drinking and the fourth is the con damage from the rum. Con damage is healed normally as per the usual rules for healing ability damage.

Valeros:
It's been about a day since you were in the water. What are your plans for getting back in so you don't die lol?

You can now post your nighttime actions and you all have time to RP with each other and any crew you might want to. Please look at the Ship actions for information on those.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

So we don’t have a chance to aid the man who Plugg killed? Or is that pretty much not an option?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Seijiro looks on with a mix of horror and an attempt to hide the expression on his face, both at Mr. Plugg's enjoyment of Jakes' predicament and at the results of the keelhauling.

This is what they do for thievery? I will have to be very very cautious

Seijiro sniffs at the rum and attempts to hide the fact that he is spilling his out into the nearest bucket or over the side, whichever is easiest.

stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

After that he will rise and stagger a bit as if a little drunk and slip downstairs despite the warning of the keelhauling and look for his equipment... if he can't find his own, he'll look for anything that looks valuable that he might trade for what he needs.

[ooc} can I keep the 20 stealth roll I made earlier for my night activity or do you want me to roll again?[/ooc]

When he's done scrounging a bit for whatever he can find, Seijiro will slip back up on deck and join the others for some night-time chat and socialization. He will try to learn who the rest of the crew are - anything he might have missed during his time as a runner during the day, and acquaint himself with as many of the crew as he can.

not trying any influence since his night action was more sinister in nature - just wanting to socialize a bit and make it known he was on deck for most of the evening.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

DM:
DM, so none of us get the opportunity to aid poor Jakes Magpie? I somehow find it strange that Rain or Flynn (or one of the others) would have stood idly by and let them do that to the poor man ...


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Playing this out since it seems poor Jake Magpie is dead ...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Standing in line with the others, Rain is horrified at what had occurred to the one called Jake Magpie. It had happened so quickly else she would have reacted and prepared to stop the execution. She had glanced sharply at Mister Plugg and had seen the satisfied, joyous smile and she wanted to hurt the man so badly and wipe the grin from his face. That one is pure evil, she muses privately, shuddering.

When Ratline is caught trying to toss his rum ration, Rain feels sorry for the halfling she befriended aloft. We need to find a way stop Mister Plugg!

When handed her half pint of rum, she wonders at it, smelling it daintily, and when all eyes are elsewhere she lifts the mug and tosses it fluidly over the side, praying no one sees her do it, especially the sadistic Mister Plugg.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Gozreh, Besmara, please let me succeed in this charade or I will feel the sting of Plugg's cat-o'-nine.

She wipes a hand across her mouth as if she downed the rum and swaying a little on her feet, giggling and keeping her eyes from directly looking at either Plugg, Scourge or Harrigan -- in order to play the part and continue/succeed at the charade -- she begins to follow Seijiro down the stairs hoping to have a private word with her tavern mates and also Ratline.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Seeing Plugg's determination to punish the "thief" (as if thief could be fairly applied to anyone on this ship, I shall first turn to Cog and speak as covertly to him as possible.

"Mister Cog - is this man they are keelhauling a true thief? Or is this a method for which this Mister Plugg can demonstrate some manner of power to the crew?"

For this I will use Diplomacy to "Get simple advice" from him, and make sure that this question is conveyed as nicely and appropriately as possible.

Diplomacy check -
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Meanwhile, after hearing Plugg's speech - I am feeling that his obvious and overt threats are having an effect which seems to be the opposite of what he intends. I am not as intimidated by him as annoyed by his sloppy attitude, and lack of professionalism. And now this nonsense with lashes if we don't drink?

Idiot!

Rum was a tool used to mask the foul taste of rotting citrus fruit eaten to keep off scurvy - there was no other use for it, or any alcohol (barring medicinal purposes) at sea...

Or was there?

This Plugg fellow does not give out things unless they are designed to make trouble for his amusement. The fact that he has acted in this way suggests the Rum is not worth drinking.

Even so - I do not fancy lashing; so - testing my luck; I drink the rum.


You guys could attempt to aid him but if Sandara, Ratline, Rosie, or Tilly saw you moving to aid they would have held you back and quickly let you know as subtly as possible that you would essentially join him in the keelhauling for interfering.

Seijiro:
You don't find your gear. You suspect that it might be with the Quartermaster though. So she might be the one to talk to.

Rain:
You successfully hide your rum and are not seen. Let me know what you plan for your night action.

Horatio:
Cog looks sideways at you and says He definitely stole and more the fool is that he got caught. He deserved what he got for his stupidity if fer nothin else. With that he goes back to drinking his rum.

Bed time for me. Feel free to talk among yourselves.


Horatio:
You are not addicted, but due to the rums effects, you gain 1 point of charisma, are exhausted for the next 4 hours due to you already being fatigued, and take 3 con damage. The con damage will heal at the normal rate of 1 per day. The charisma boost will last the rest of the night.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Horatio, your spoiler is under mine. I think the coding got screwed up and your reply from Cog is with mine.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

DM:
If he doesn't find any of his own gear, like I said, he'll take what he can find - either lying around or in a locker... whatever he can find - if the quartermaster has his stuff, he'll need something to trade for it, so Seijiro will do what he does best - I earlier rolled a 20 for his stealth roll for sneaking stuff (total of 28) but I will reroll if you want me to.


Rain Taneththir wrote:
Horatio, your spoiler is under mine. I think the coding got screwed up and your reply from Cog is with mine.

Fixed it. Thanks for catching that :-)


Seijiro wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

He doesnt find anything lying around and the lockers are all locked. If you want to try and break into one you can but thats pretty risky considering you don't have any tools, you would literally have to break it open. The good news is that no one sees you!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Bored with the nuances of Plugg and his "command decisions" - I stare at him coolly.

It is likely he may try to kill you, or do you some harm with those looks you keep giving him...

Even so - I shrug mentally. What else was there for it?

The rum has sickened me to a condition that was nearly impossible to deal with. Even now I felt my health weaken below the realm of what I thought possible. I am quite confident that even with the benefits a full rest, my chances of surviving tomorrows "chores" would be likely to fail.

Such is life, I suppose.

Seeing that the crew doesn't protest this abuse, and seeing that they haven't done something simple - like simply kill Plugg outright, and the captain as well for his uselessness - I deduce that thus is because the crew is either an insipid lot of nobodies - or the "officers" on this scow are actually somewhat intimidating on some capacity.

Firstly - I intend to go below decks and get my healing kit, and I am going to do that now. Then - on the way up, as the crew does what they do on the main deck, I will pause on the stairs and grab a dipper of water and give a drink to the man who is tarred and feathered. I am also doing a cursory "Healing Check" on the guy. While this may end pissing off Plugg if I do that - I don't care; he can keelhaul me, if he likes - but I don't feel like seeing another man being hurt for nothing on this ship.

Cursory examination of the guy to make sure he doesn't have any infections or diseases via the Tarred and Feathering thing. I won't untie his bondage - but I will still do what I can to help the guy a bit. This is not meant to "influence him" - it's just what I would do, and as such, I will not make the formal Diplomacy check - I can't afford to at this time.

heal check on tarred and feathered guy - just to check his status; not using kit.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

When I return back to the main deck with my kit I move over to check the condition of the boy - despite his cocky attitude - I worried that he may be ill from the work in the sun.

I do not use any of the doses - preferring to use my own skills for the cursory examination.

Heal Check to examine Dhavaan for any series injuries - if he looks okay, that's cool.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

After I see to Dhavaan, I will than go over to the elven girl and the one called Jiro and squat down near them with some food and begin to talk as I eat.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Rain Taneththir wrote:
Horatio, your spoiler is under mine. I think the coding got screwed up and your reply from Cog is with mine.

Sitting next to Rain, and (I presume) Variel – I make myself comfortable.

In Elven:
”Greetings mates – what do you think of the crew so far? Be careful – though I do not think Mister Plugg can speak this tongue – he may; or have those aboard who can?”
I ask as I begin to chomp lustily on the soup.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Frustrated by the lack of any success finding anything lying around that he might trade to the quartermaster, he turns to find Rain coming down the stairs...

"Oh, hi... you almost surprised me... That was pretty gruesome up there, wasn't it? I love ships and sailing, but that kind of demonstration can make me lose my taste for it all. Never seen an actual keelhauling before. The discipline on this ship seems too harsh and too handily dealt out. How was your day? I envy you your job... I'd much rather be up in the riggings myself, it's where I belong."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I glance up - noticing that Jiro has also followed Rain - the two of them meandering around in the depths of the ship as well.

Hmm... strange - I must have gotten aloft ahead of them - even though they clearly went below decks before I did? I wonder what they were up to - well; no matter... Better not ask such a question at this time.

Seeing Jiro, I nod at him and indicate that he come over to get comfortable while we eat.

"Well friend - what do you think of the situation here?" I ask him, openly and directly, as I know of no common language which we can share and be circumspect with.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

actually, 'Jiro went downstairs first... Rain followed him... not that it really matters much


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Seijiro wrote:

Frustrated by the lack of any success finding anything lying around that he might trade to the quartermaster, he turns to find Rain coming down the stairs...

"Oh, hi... you almost surprised me... That was pretty gruesome up there, wasn't it? I love ships and sailing, but that kind of demonstration can make me lose my taste for it all. Never seen an actual keelhauling before. The discipline on this ship seems too harsh and too handily dealt out. How was your day? I envy you your job... I'd much rather be up in the riggings myself, it's where I belong."

Noting that she had gotten away with the charade, she breathes a sigh of relief and turns to hear Jiro asking her a series of questions. In a very low voice, and in the Common tongue since she did not believe Jiro spoke or understood Elven, she answers him, "Jiro, that cannot happen again, especially to one of our lot from the tavern. Those three in charge above are sadistic and cruel. Were you looking for your gear or weapons down here? Did you find them? And being above deck is certainly better than below, yet the work is hard and dangerous", wondering if he was insinuating she did not belong up in the rigging. She pushed those thoughts to the side for now for there were more important considerations. "We need to get back to the others and eat and have some water. Perhaps we'll find out who we can talk to about our missing gear. Let's go back up", and with that Rain begins to climb, still pretending at unsteadiness (due to inebriation) in case someone is watching her.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:

actually, 'Jiro went downstairs first... Rain followed him... not that it really matters much

Oh I know - but both of you went down before me. I didn't even notice Rain's actions until later, actually. But - here we all are now!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Since Rain and Jiro have now formally arrived on deck and are sitting down eating - but far away from pesky eavesdroppers - I am now comfortable enough knowing that we can all continue to have an honest and open conversation without ending up talking to empty space.

That said - listening to Jiro and Rain converse, I continue to eat my soup and listen, curious to hear opinions from either Jiro or Rain and whoever else has an opinion to offer.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Horatio Flynn wrote:

"Greetings mates – what do you think of the crew so far? Be careful – though I do not think Mister Plugg can speak this tongue – he may; or have those aboard who can?”

I ask as I begin to chomp lustily on the soup.

in discreet Elvish to Flynn and any other tavern friend who understands and is close by:
"I met a friendly character up in the rigging. He is the poor halfling, Ratline, who is going to be lashed on the morrow by Plugg. The Captain, Master Scourge and Mister Plugg are monsters. Flynn, I don't believe Jiro understands this tongue so we may need to revert back to Common." She wanted to add that they (her tavern crew) needed to do something drastically and soon but did not speak those words out aloud lest she is heard and word is taken back to the three bastards.

Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I glance around the ship -

"Why should this halfling be lashed?" I asked bluntly.

"For avoiding the rum? I ask, somewhat rhetorically...

"This - coupled with my own reactions to that drink - seem only further evidence that this "rum" is something that is unhealthy for us."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro goes back up with Rain, chatting with her the common tongue as he does so.

"Didn't find any of my stuff... I hope it's aboard somewhere, but if the quartermaster has it, I've got nothin' ta trade for it. They've taken everything. And aye, rigger is a hard job, but it's what I've been doing for the last three years... I feel ill-used as a swab, but I'll get by for now. I certainly wouldn't want the kind of attention from Scourge that you're getting," he says, lofting one eyebrow to show he noticed the lascivious looks she was getting from him (Scourge/Plugg.. whichever).

When he settles down to eat he continues chatting softly, so as not to be overheard outside their small grouping. "Today wasn't bad as work goes, but 'tis hard to find time for any socializing. I did get a chance to talk to Conchabar (spelling?), the gnome with the fancy clothes. He seems a bit self-absorbed, but not a bad sort... I'm hoping with a little effort he might prove friendly."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Tian:
"I don't suppose either of you speaks this language?"

Minkaian:
"or this one?"

He sighs in frustration. "I haven't been aboard a Minkaian vessel for some time and finding others fluent in my native languages has been difficult. Speaking in Common all the time is a strain, and they keep talking in languages I don't understand.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain asked Flynn to speak in Common because Jiro could not understand. So, yes, now you are privy to what we're saying.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

yes, I saw, but I was hoping we could find another mutual language that the officers might not know, but apparently we will just have to speak low and not be overheard... thanks tho for switching to Common


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"It occurs to me that the majority of this lot could be persuaded one way or the other - but the best basis on dealing with them is to break what power or control their captain has on the crew."

I pause - considering the evidence before me.

"There is a singular urge to force us to drink this "rum", yet I suspect that this is because there is some ailment to it, or a method to its use - very well - what if it was destroyed? Outright and quickly - and in an untraceable way? Could this be done..." I say quietly, glancing at Jiro, recalling his boasting of stealth.

I curse silently to myself - would that we had a priest aboard! Their abilities to create water from the very essence of the gods could be used to infuse extra water into the casks that house this supposed "rum" - or whatever it was. I feared that something must be done soon - if my logic was accurate - I may very well be dead in the next day or so simply because of "rum".

"This Mister Plugg does not intimidate all the crew - he cannot. Nay - I suspect it is a small confederation of individuals - the captain, of a certainty - and also Mister Plugg - and this "Master Scourge" - if those three were no longer in existence - it is likely things may be tolerable..." I add, seeing if any will "get the hint".

Even so - I keep my voice low and speak without moving my lips much.

During this time I keep an eye on Dhavaan - the boy has a big mouth - and may get himself in trouble. If he starts getting carried away - then I will do what I can to intervene.

I glance at Rain.

"My uncle suggested to me once that at sea it was bad for discipline for females to be aboard - that men would often fight over the possession of a lass - that they could even draw blood, simply for the chance to "have the favor", as he put it, of a particular lady. And certainly not allowing others to share... Perhaps this information could be useful to manipulate them?" I add aloud, somewhat thoughtfully.

"Jiro - you claim that this garbage scow has a "quartermaster"? Who is he - and where can he be found. If he indeed has my... our possessions - that would be useful information indeed - for we may be able to encourage him to give it back to us - by whatever encouragement is needed," I conclude, muttering the last bit almost to myself.

"Well Jiro - what do you think - who is this quartermaster - and where can he be found? I confess I am quite winded from all this work, and fear I must sleep soon after my meal; even so - I will be delighted to finish our conversation - and, in the morning - I would like to know who to go to," I ask, somewhat politely.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

In whispered Common, "We need to get control of this vessel", and then smiling and touching Jiro's arm to seem as though she is merrymaking and still drunk and they just shared a funny tale. "I despise Plugg's fixed attention -- his leers make me want to do something I should not lest I suffer the consequences."

After a moment, Jiro speaks in a tongue she does not comprehend and she tilts her head at him. "And those words you just spoke, I did not understand them, Jiro, my apologies. It seems we must speak in the Common tongue." Then a little laughter to perpetuate the charade. How tiresome to pretend but necessary.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"Apologies, lady - I would never have you compromise your honor - but I was merely stating the facts. If it is possible that these men can be manipulated to fight each other for us - so much the better... In the end, their death will not hurt our chances for freedom," I add, giving her a look as if to say - You know of a possibility - what you do with this information is up to you.

I look at them both and smile a bit.

"I can speak the elven tongue, aye - and I also know the language of the creatures of the "Pine Dark Sea", as one of the poets called it - the language of deep water elves, and other sea-faring creatures - Aquatic - further; I know too the language spoken by many sailors and coastal raiders near my homeland - the language called Polyglot - if that helps? Unfortunately, languages were never my strong suit at academy."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro shrugs.... "Not sure exactly who it is on this scow, but every ship has a quartermaster. We'll have to find out who it is and pay him a visit. I want my things."

He lowers his voice even further and whispers to Flynn, "I dunno how much of this rum they've got aboard, but enough for them to dose everyone daily for a good long while, I'd assume. The stuff smells foul and I promised myself I wouldn't drink anymore after losing my last berth to drinking too much. Can always try to avoid drinkin', but if yer not sneaky at it, I wouldn't suggest risking the lash for it."

"As for destroyin' the stuff... I'd have no idea how to go about that... mebbe just make sure it all spills out? If they didn't catch who did it, I suspect the whole crew would suffer more for it than drinkin' the stuff would cause. First hafta find the stuff before ya can plan anythin' else."

To Rain, he says, "No worries, was just trying my native languages to see if you spoke either of them. Wasn't expecting it though, but I could hope. Common it is then." He shrugs and gives her a quirky smile.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

"No, you misunderstand me, Flynn. I seek no apology as you have not offended my honour. I will consider what you have said as it seems practical however I have not undertaken a manipulation of this kind and do not know how it will sit with me. But I do not discount its worthiness."

On hearing the languages spoken by Flynn, she adds, "I too speak the language of sea-faring creatures (Aquatic)."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My mind tacks course and sorts through all the data I remember from my time working on the decks that day - I try to recall anything on who this lad may be...

"I seem to remember someone saying something that the one in charge of "ships stores" was a half-orc. Did anyone see such a creature aboard? Likely this is our man - er... our half-man?" I add with a wry grin.

"If that is so - than on the morrow I shall try to find this one and convince him to return my gear. I do not know how - yet... But something shall recommend itself to me, I suspect."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I am surprised at Rain's knowledge of the language - though not overly so.

In Aquatic:
"Ah! Well met then, lady - it seems know many of the same tongues... er... languages!"
- I say in a strange lilting and high-pitched words - then suddenly color a bit, as if blushing.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Well gang - apologies - but I must sleep before an early job. I will respond to any questions when I see them in the morning. Meanwhile - you guys have a good night!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

gnight


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

That evening, worried on his "new friends" mutinous thoughts, Dhaaven separates himself from most of the others, sitting resting tired after the day's arduous work.

Rain:

He plays with a piece of coper wire on his pouch and Rain hears whispered into his ear, "It's Dhaavan, whisper and i can hear you. You and your pals over there look like you're up to something, and I'd suggest that you be careful. Were you to try anything, I'd say you'd need the crew pretty firmly on your side to toss the Captian. You act too hasty, and you'll get yourself killed. Ratty's whipping, while unfortunate is common-place here, and I've survived one so he likely will too. So don't jump the gun. Prepare. Ya'll need to figure out who exactly you got on your side, make nice with as many as you can. Then strike wen the crew won't just stand by and let ya get killed. Give it a couple days? Please?"
SHe can hear in his whispers that he is imploring her to be cautious, be smart, and not roll out all guns blazing into a fight she cannot win. There is genuine concern in his voice, and worry. About what, she may not be certian, but it is there.

"I can hear whatever you say in a whisper with this spell, so we can communicate, and i chan see how the rest of the press-ganged are fairing, and let you know. That way there isn't some suspicious meeting going on."


Horation and Seijiro could hear the whispering in Rain's spoiler with a good enough perception check, forget what it is tho. SHe could also convey what Dhaavan says, and he'll listen to the conversation

Variel:

While he's eating a familiar book drops to the table, and Dhaavan takes a seat. "Well, 'hoy there matey," he says with a smile. "Loose something? I met a lovelie lass earlier what found it. Name's Sandara, by the by, you'd like her, I'm sure, but asked me to return it to it's rightful place."
Leaning in closer, "Jsut a friendly word, I'd suggest making frienda wiht as much of the crew as ya can, and be quick about it. Your's ladyfriend Rain seems to be a bit discontent, as it were. Be careful tho, Alright?"

Night Action:

Influence Quartermaster, the half-orc, Cutthroat.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Battery dying, so i'll post the RP tomorrow, but as it stands Dhaavan heads over and chats congenially as he can wiht someone like her, but reads any hints anc clues to what she'd want from a guy like him, even if it's jsut someone that doesn't give her grief for a reason other than fear, or a guy with a bird that talks infernal. SHe still looks scary tho. So whatever she wants from him, she gets, i guess...
ANd they all a little tipsy atm...
Sense Motive
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Horatio Flynn wrote:

I am surprised at Rain's knowledge of the language - though not overly so.

** spoiler omitted ** - I say in a strange lilting and high-pitched words - then suddenly color a bit, as if blushing.

in Aquan to Flynn:
"I admit to only being fluent in three languages." She winks at Flynn and chuckles at his verbal blunder.

F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Rain hears Dhavaan's voice against her ear even though he is obviously sitting across the distance from her, Flynn and Jiro. Ah, his magics.

Dhaavan:
Beneath her breath, she carefully whispers a reply to the magi, hoping to allay some of his fears regarding her impassioned nature. "Dhaaven, fear not, I am not so unwise I cannot still the anger from my eyes and hands. We are making plans, not presently undertaking a mutiny. We must win the crew over and the three in charge will not be able to stand against us. One cannot revolt when outnumbered -- it is a fool's mission. Aye, I want to see Plugg suffer for what he has perpetrated but it will not be this night. I will give you the two days you seek. Let us outsmart these devils. I am worried about Ratline, the halfling rigger. How can we save him from the lashings he is to receive on the morrow?"


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Jiro:
"We find where Captain Harrigan houses the rum barrels and I agree that we let all of it spill, no matter how many gallons. Yet, there are those of the crew addicted to the stuff. What then? Still, who onboard is in charge of the rum rations? He or she would be the best target - perhaps we can convince them to ally with us."

DM: Rain's Night Action:

Influence : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

She will find a tipsy, less-than-intimidating male crew member and put on a fine drunken lady performance to try to gain knowledge of who is in charge of rum rations, takes care of the rum barrels and so forth.

"'Cuse me, you there, yes. I want to give my compliments to the one in charge of the rum -- good stuff it is, and Rain giggles and places her hand over her mouth as if she is trying to contain an overflowing mirth. "I'm sorry, I think I'm three sheets to the wind tonight -- maybe even four! Ha! Still, she hiccups for effect and places her hand on their arm as if to steady herself, I would like to know the name of the person who oversees the rum. Would you indulge a pretty lady, matey? Pretty please?" batting her long dark blue eyelashes and smiling dreamily at the sailor.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko watches the man being lowered to be devoured by sharks with an impassive face. You may not enjoy such things in time... Afterwards, he is too busy helping fishgut pass out the food.

Sko drinks the rum.

He'll hook up with Rain/Horatio/Seijiro in the evening. "I had hoped to warn you ahead of time but you've seen for yourselves: six lashes for not drinking the rum or trying to pass it off. According to Fishgut, they put something in it or brew it a special way to keep the crew docile; which is why few ever get rowdy from it."


Dhaavan:
Cut-Throat Grog is drinking heavily with Fishguts, the two of them extremely inebriated at this point. She leans heavily on her axe and when you approach she looks you up and down with a lopsided grin and says with a voice like rocks banging together Hey there handsome. What can I do ye for? After chatting back and forth a bit she is laughing grotesquely at your jokes and seems quite taken with you, even making clumsy attempts at flirting. When you ask about your gear she gets defensive for a moment but you are able to talk her back around. She gets up and tells you to wait in the lower hold for her. While she stumbles below deck you head down to wait for her. After a few minutes she reappears with not only your gear but gear for one of the others as well. It looks like a cutlass and cat-o'-nine-tails along with a trident and some other odds and ends. We tooked this off the elf girl. She slurs but then looks around and says Don't tell none o'thothers. I be gettin a keelhauling meself since this stuff is technically the Captain's booty and you see what stealin is like on the seas but you got pretty eyes. Now you stow that gear in your locker right quick alright? With that she slaps your behind with a grin and heads back up to continue drinking with Fishguts. Inproved attitude from Indifferent to Helpful. Curse your amazing rolls! lol

random die roll1d6 ⇒ 2

Rain:
The young man you approach is carving a piece of what looks like whale bone with unsteady hands. You can tell he is quite good at it by the quality of the carving so far though. He looks up with a shy smile as you sway up to him. When you ask about the rum though he gets a scared look on his face and says with a whisper That would be the Captain. You really don't want to mess with him. It's Rain right? Seriously stay away from the Captain and his lackeys. Just keep your head down and do your work and you'll do fine. Glancing around to make sure no one overheard you both he goes back to carving his bone.


DM Eyes only:

1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 13

Ratline, who has been sitting a little ways off while you all talked, comes over after a while. Speaking in a fierce whisper he says Are you all insane?!? You've been on the ship less than a day and you're already saying things that if the wrong people overheard you would get you killed and don't think the Captain and his ilk can't do it. The Captain himself could probably kill the lot of you on his own without breakin much of a sweat. He's one of the fiercest and best fighters I've ever seen. If you all are smart you'll steer well clear of him at least until you get your feet under you. Lashes hurt but they heal. The rum is disgusting but won't kill you. With that he goes back to his meal.

I know you guys were trying to be circumspect but this isn't a huge ship. It's big enough but you have a lot of people on it. You will need to be a little smarter if you want to talk like this in the future. As far as you know only Ratline overheard you.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Ahhh, the dinner bell. The sign of the end of the day and a chance to relax over a good meal. Hopefully the food is good.

Variel makes his way to get his share of the food. Once he got there, he was surprised that there we no food present just all of the crew gathered top side. About to ask why we were all gathered, man was drug up from below. With a quick announcement that he was condemned to death for stealing the man was thrown overboard. The remains that were pulled up almost took Variel's appetite away.

The food was handed out shortly there after and although not too hungry anymore the smell was appealing. It tasted as good as it smelled which was a plus. Midway through the meal, Dhaavan drop a small book on his lap. Recognizing it instantly the question of how he got rose to his lips but was resisted quickly. Instead, Thanks for returning my journal to me. I would miss it tomorrow morning. You have my gratitude.

In character was wondering how you knew it was mine? I am trying to keep the crew from knowing that I can cast spells. Just curious.

After Dhaavan dropped off the book off, he went to go talk to the half-orc Grok. Giving the man some time to finish his discussion, Variel looked around as to what the other crew members were doing. It was this time that the rum rations were just reaching him. Hearing Plugg's voice he looked up in time tower him berating a fellow named Ratline for it drinking his rum. Not wanting to cause a disturbance his first day, Variel takes his rum and downs it. Nothing he has ever had tasted so foul. It burned all the way down. Noticing that dhaavan had finished, Variel approaches Grok.

Grok, I believe. The name's Variel. I was wondering if you and I could have a talk. I was told that you are the one in charge of supplies and equipment. I was hoping you could help me out. You see I had with me necklace that I believe was my mom's. It is the only thing I have of hers. I was hoping to channel her spirit through that necklace and learn moren about her. I would really like that back along with my other gear eventually. Oh and I promised Rosie that if I could get her fiddle to her I would ask you to a dance if you would wish.

Use Besmara's Barroom Talespinner trait to tell a story of a pirate with similar connections to his mother ...1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Influence Grok to get gear over permanently changing attitude if that works. If not go for the attitude adjustment...1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 27


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Immortal, took some liberties with Plugg but didn't give him any specific dialogue so you could come up with your own way of handling what happened.

Valeros clumped his way over to the side of the ship and simply tossed his rum ration over the side. He knew what he was in for from Ratline's failed attempt to dump it and he didn't really care right now. The dehydration from the previous night's alcohol along with the day spent in the sun was wrecking havoc on his body and it was all he could do to focus.

Grabbing a rope he made sure it was lashed securely to the deck and then dove off the side of the ship. The cries of Plugg and the crew were suddenly silenced by the quiet calm of the ocean. Valeros "breathed" deeply as the current of the ship's passage quickly tugged at him and he gripped the rope tightly. After a minute or so he began pulling his way up the rope, climbing up the side of the ship to drop gratefully to the deck. He looked a new man, his skin glistening in the fading light and his posture already seeming firmer and more solid.

As he rose he found Plugg in his face, breath hot and foul as he railed at the gillman. Valeros simply nodded his head deferentially where appropriate and kept his eyes lowered, trying not to provoke the man any further than he already had with the rum and the swim. Still he knew that he'd be dead if he didn't so some amount of punishment was worth it in the end.

So I have a less drastic but also less desirable way of dealing with the water issue in the future but I figured I'd start it out right to begin with. :-) I'll wait to see what kind of fallout I get from Plugg for my actions, then I'll post my Night Time Action and responses to the rest of the group.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Everyone was warning her, them, to keep their heads down, shut their mouths and the Captain, Plugg and Scourge would leave them be. Yet, Rain was not docile in that way -- could not accept the situation and the harm perpetrated. Still, she could listen to advise and watch, learn. The whole situation rankled her. She was adept at playing a part but what would the cost be in the end? Ratline warned them to stay out of trouble and she believed he was doing so in the best interest of all. She nodded at his stern lecture, in the same manner she accepted the young sailor's warning to steer clear of the cruel threesome.

Gozreh, Besmara, what do we do now? Patience was never a virtue I held dear, so give me the strength to ride this storm and see it through to the other side.

She looks about the group for Variel, and for any eyes watching her.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Sko wrote:

He'll hook up with Rain/Horatio/Seijiro in the evening. "I had hoped to warn you ahead of time but you've seen for yourselves: six lashes for not drinking the rum or trying to pass it off. According to Fishgut, they put something in it or brew it a special way to keep the crew docile; which is why few ever get rowdy from it."

Reducing her voice even lower, Rain draws closer to Sko so only he can hear her, "Poor Ratline will cop the six lashes tomorrow. I took my chances tonight and succeeded, so do not worry about me. But I thank you for your warning. Docile, you say? Hmm. Interesting."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Sadly – other than the chance to do social RP with the group – I need to forego night actions. I am already “Fatigued” for several hours. I have just lost 3 Con points and am at a -1 for the Con check tomorrow, and at a -1 HP, and I simply can’t afford to work tomorrow’s shift while permanently fatigued (that is, through lack of sleep, not just from the rum). Therefore, after the chatting with the others and enjoying my dinner, I’ll find a bunk or whatever passes for where we sleep, and sack out. As soon as I know my “daily duties” – I will make the checks on them, and then go about the business of my next daily action.

If I see my day’s duties and checks – I will try to use what time I have when I get home later today to Ret-con some social RP with the guys who tend to post in the morning. That said – I look forward to seeing my new duties, and what to do with them.

So - Variel, Sko I definitely look forward to the chance to do some social RP with you this afternoon - and Valeros - as we have not met yet - I will happily introduce myself to you later - but I need to get going now, so have a good afternoon.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro nods to Ratline and simply says softly, "Point taken... been trying to be quiet and not so obvious." He kinda rolls his eyes, because himself he's said nothing against any of the officers so far, and what little he said about the rum was whispered softly to Flynn. Still, he gets the warning and why it was given as others haven't always been so discreet so far.

The ruddy-haired youth lowers his head and sighs softly. This is going to be a hard voyage, no matter how careful we are.

DM:
btw, did they take my haramaki too? To do so they would have had to undress me and remove what just looks like bandages around the midsection to anyone who doesn't know Tian/Minkaian style armor. I get that they would have patted me down and removed what was tucked inside the haramaki, but would they have known it was actually armor?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

After dinner conversation with the others, before I formally sleep and start tomorrow’s duties.:

I nod at Ratline, his advice being sensible. Though I presumed that we were far enough away from the drunken revelers to even overhear that we might be talking at all, never mind the subject – it was, nevertheless, a truism that there were no secrets aboard a ship.

”Well, friend – you make a fair observation. In such matters Mister Ratline, I will defer to your wisdom in the future. But thank you for you words - I do appreciate them,” I say a polite nod of my head.

Then, I turn to Jiro.

”So – you’re from different lands, eh? I must confess, I enjoying reading and learning, and have studied many things – but I am sadly ignorant of your culture. Tell me, for it would interest me to know; what gods to you pray to? What type of food do you enjoy? I believe that you had mentioned that you were more comfortable on a ship than other places – very well; what type of ships have you sailed on? What were they like and your duties?”

While it is quite a barrage of questions, I know nothing of his culture, and would like to learn.

Turning to the elven folk, I try to involve them in the conversation as well.

”And as for yourselves? I should add I know little of aquatic elves – except through study – in fact; I know little of elven folk in general, though I did manage to learn the tongue at the academy. Tell me, than – never mind the current situation – what interests you, what led you to this place – and, I suppose – if you could have your freedom, where would you be and what would you do?”

I have finished my stew by now – the hot sun, the difficult labor, and the large meal have left me feeling somewhat tired and worn out. Not quite ready to simply collapse into exhaustion, I will content myself with simply talking.

As soon as my formal duties are assigned for tomorrow – I intend to make the rolls needed to attempt to accomplish them. After that – I will post a few direct questions to the GM regarding the use I intend to make of those rolls. But for now, I shall use the majority of this time with social interaction with anyone who is willing to chat. I’ll do it ret-con, or during the moment later – but I don’t want to have the majority of my social RP with the GM, because if he has to answer every question I make of all of his NPC’s – no doubt he’ll find a way to make me walk the plank in real life!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro addresses Flynn in response to many questions. "Whoa there, that's a lot of questions at once. Let me see what I can answer for you... As for gods, some of the ones worshiped in the far west are the same as here - Abadar for example. My people worship Daikitsu, but among the major gods is also Hei Feng, Lord of the Seas and Storms, and while at sea, I give him offering when I can. Ours may be an ill-fated voyage indeed, as I have had nothing to offer him so far, and I'm sure the officers and crew of the Wormwood would do nothing to appease Hei Feng themselves."

He bites his lip and frowns a little as he thinks back on all the questions FLynn had for him. "We eat much rice where I come from, and fish. I love fish... and eggs. Sometimes we eat the fish raw with rice, a practice I have never seen here. It's hard getting used to such overcooked food here, but I have adapted."

"As for ships, there are many magnificent ships in the far West, though they are frequently rigged differently than the ships here, there are many similarities and it was easy when I found a berth on a Western vessel to learn the ropes. (ooh, a pun!) I am used to working up in the rigging, so being assigned duties as I have been makes me sad. I miss being up high and in clean fresh air. But all is transitory. Things change in the fullness of time. Until then, I will adapt and survive as best I can. This is not a ship of dreams, but they cannot take them away either. So while my feet are on the deck of this accursed vessel, my thoughts soar free as gulls."

151 to 200 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.