Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


1,901 to 1,950 of 8,093 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

The Rahadoumi surge forward towards the sound of their compatriots dying. Hurling themselves at you with abandon in their attempt to save their friends.

Knowledge Local or Nobility DC 15:
You recognize the insignia on the Rahadoumi uniforms as belonging to that of the Rahadoumi Merchant Marine Corps. A military branch whose sole purpose is to guard and protect merchant vessels passing through the Arch of Aroden and beyond. They were formed due to Cheliax using privateer fleets to attack all non-Chelish ships passing through the Arch and providing a monopoly on trade. Rahadoum created the Merchant Marines due to this problem and have been very successful since their formation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

R4 moves down and attacks Variel with his short sword.

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

1d100 ⇒ 1 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE

----------------------------------------------------------------

R3 goes over the rail and drops down to attack Variel as well.

Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Short Sword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 MISS

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d100 ⇒ 9 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE

-----------------------------------------------------------------

R5 goes over the rail and drops down to attack Rain.

Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Short Sword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 MISS

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

1d100 ⇒ 58

----------------------------------------------------------------

R7 attacks Rain as well with his short sword.

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

1d100 ⇒ 6 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE

----------------------------------------------------------------

R6 shoots into the square where the wheel is, obviously thinking that that is a location the enemy will go.

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 4 = 10 MISS

1d10 ⇒ 4

1d100 ⇒ 3 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Rahadoumi seem to be having a great deal of trouble with the fog and are missing attacks that you suspect would have normally hit.

ROUND 1 OVER!


ROUND 2 BEGIN! YOU ALL ARE UP!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan continues tracing strange patters in the sky listening for the sounds of continues screams of terror, grinning viciously as the scent of blood and brimstone waft through the air.

Jack Thrush flutters over above R4 directing the assault of his fellow avians.
Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

The birda swarm and arrack R4

attacks:

Yet another fierce bird of prey appears E4, glancing around and preparing to dive in and attack as it's flock-mates do. It appears as it's flock-mate approaches the prey from above High-ground, attacking the man on the stairs (R4) and ripping into him with it's talons
bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 80

talon: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 68

talon: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 92

Fumble confirmation
1d20 ⇒ 19
(assuming that high rolls negate the fumble and just auto-miss...)
THe bird awkwardly snaps at the soldier, managing to hurt him by catching itself and avoiding falling from the sky by digging its claws into the man's chest!

Eagle 3 Flaps closer and snaps and claws, tearing a gash into the man, but not doing particularly significant harm.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 87

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 100

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 17

Eagle 2 launches itself at the sand-man on the stairs with a single powerful flap, coincidentally occupying the space next to rain and preventing flanking, by no fault of its own, it digs a claw into the back of the distracted Rahadoumi now addressing the birds surrounding him. At low ground so +1 to hit this bird from the stairs. Flanking diagonally with Eagle 4
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 9

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 57

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 79


Synopsis for GM:
If they have AC of 16, then that's 20 damage to the soldier. AC 17 is 3 damage, and 18 is none. This is important because it will let Variel know if he swings at R4 or of R4 is dead or even hit at all.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro grabs a rope from the rigging on the ship and swings over to R7 in a charging attack from Q4 to S4

acrobatics for using the rigging to charge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Then, still hanging from the rigging, he moves to S3, landing on the decking there, leaving room for Sko or Valeros to move in.

before you say he can't do that - How does he move-attack-and move again? it's called 'swinging reposition': a pirate incorporates a ship’s masts, rigging, ropes, sails, and other such structures into her combat style. Provided she is wearing light armor, when fighting in an environment where such structures exist, the rogue incorporates them into her Acrobatics checks by grabbing hold of the structure and swinging toward her opponent, making either a charge or a bull rush maneuver. Once she completes her attack or maneuver, she can reposition herself. Immediately after making the charge or bull rush, she can move 5 feet as a free action, even if the charge ends her turn. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

NPCing Rain

Rain’s nimble dodge of the pirate has allowed her to avoid his laughable attempts at stabbing her.

Yet she knows her position is precarious – to say the least. If her task is to hold the wheel in fact – she must make sure the enemy does not grab it and attempt to swing the two ships apart and divide their forces.

Seeing the enemy in front of her – her eyes flash blue ice.

”Rally to me lads; keep these scum from us and give the sharks something to feast upon!” she cries out.

Seeing a nasty villain she remembered with a terribly ugly scar on his face - she calls out -

"That madman with the ugly scar - he's right on top of me and will get the wheel! I'll hold him off - but he needs to die now! she says with a tense anger in her voice.

Okay – I will be using “Freebooter’s Bane” on the enemy R5.

This ability, and it’s bonuses, applies to all members of the party; with the possible exception of the eagles, as I don’t think they can understand Rain’s words.

Full details on Freebooters Bane works:

Freebooters Bane stipulates that the Ranger need only “indicate” the target. The ranger does not have to see the target – only indicate it (as in; “Guys – the sleeping giant on the other side of the hill? We can't see him yet, but you know who I'm talking about. Anyway - that’s our prime enemy – so when we get over there, let’s get him!”). Furthermore – for the effect to work: This ability applies to allies who can see or hear the Freebooter and are within 30 feet of her when she activates the ability.

In other words – Rain does not need to see the enemy she chooses. She need only identify him – as in “The pirate with the nasty scar”. We know who she’s talking about, as we saw the pirates, and she knows who she chooses at this time. Therefore, this ability applies to everyone that can hear her in a 30 foot range, and can understand her; because if we can hear her words – we can all gain the advantage when we eventually attack that target, whether we see him now, or not.

After she makes this decision; she realizes that her chances of guarding the wheel will be better if she maintains a total defense (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC – standard action; Freebooters Bane – Move Action. Rain made no move, and is holding the wheel. Her current AC is now 19).

Finally – she sets her “Trident” to “Brace”, to protect against a charging enemy.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Hearing Rain’s words, Horatio hurries up the stairs toward her, fearing she may be in trouble.

Horatio moves to T:6.

As he rushes forward, he instantly recognizes the enemy she identified standing right in front of her.

Grabbing he rapier tightly – he takes a thrust at the villain at R5.

Rapier attack: plus Archeologists luck – and Freebooter’s Bane
1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17

Miss chance – 20 chance. So 1-80 hits, 81-100 misses.
1d100 ⇒ 36

IF he hits: Plus Archeologists luck – and Freebooter’s Bane
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9

I am not sure if I have to do an Acrobatics Check to get between the two villains to avoid an “attack of opportunity” but here it is, just in case.

Acrobatics Check
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

EDIT: Don't know if that hit - but if it does - then R:5 took 9 Points. Do we formally know their AC at this time?

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

I am missing R3 on the map. Last I saw, it was in the space Flynn is in currently. Did something happen that I don't know, because I had two guys attack me and only one is now visible.

The chaos of the fight swirls around Variel. As much as he tries to make sense of it, the limiting fog hinders his ability to accurately know where any of his companions are. Voices carry on the wind as Rain targets one crew member for attacks. Briefly Variel catches a glimpse of what appears to be Flynn as he heads deeper into the fog.
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Acrobatics to move into position if needed Go ahead and use your judgement Immortal.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Variel will attack whoever is available I guess. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Lethal 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nonlethal cold 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

the list on the right says r3-r6, but only r4-r7 are on the map - it's very confusing


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Variel - when I took my action there was no R:3 on the map. I assumed he was either dropped or was on a different part of the map. He wasn't there when I moved, though.

Also - It is likely that Dhaavan's Birds MAY have finished off the pirate R4. If you move a 5 foot step to T:7, it is likely you could attack the enemy R6 with your attack instead of R4 - of course, this assumes Dhaavan's birds hit and he has been defeated. Though that's only a suggestion.

However, if indeed I am standing where R3 WOULD have been, I suppose I could simply move over to U:6 instead - and was simply forced to apply my "Acrobatics Check" to tumble "Through" R3's space, if needed. But as he is not on the map - and as the GM error's in our favor - I am hoping that he is currently sleeping with the fishes.

Also - if you are using "Frostbite" than I believe that the pirate is now also Fatigued with no save.


I'm not sure what happened either as R3 was where Flynn is now. I didn't move him since I placed him at the end of last round. He should be there. At the end of last round there was a line of sailors from top to bottom going R7, R5, R3, R4. I;m not sure why this keeps happening but I may need to rethink how we do maps unfortunately. Either that or remove controls so that it is read-only and I will make all corrections. Not sure. Especially since it was not my error as he was on my map and at least was on Variels as well. R3 is not dead and so Horatio if you wish to be at U6 you can be as you easily made the acrobatics check. I will have another update tomorrow morning and that will give time to some of the others to potentially post. We got through one round over the weekend which is what I wanted anyway so good job guys!


Also, Dhaavan you have two eagle 2's on the board, where should the right one be?


R4 is dead from the birds btw so variel's attack hits R3...and knocks him unconscious.


Horatio you did hit btw with your Rapier.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko moves quickly to S4 and attacks R7 swinging his scythe in a vicious arc.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 15

The swirling mist plays tricks on Sko's eyes and his swing goes wide.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Forgot the miss chance on my attack
1-20 misses1d100 ⇒ 86


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

I forgot my miss chance too, but it is a hit

1d100 ⇒ 52


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Sounds good! Looking forward to tomorrow, then.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

me too!


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Not sure what the deal is with my Eagles, or where they are wrong, but Eagle 4 is at U:8, eagle 3 on T:8, and Eagle 2 is on S:6, flanking with Eagle 4 who has high-ground. It looks correct at this point. After the enemy goes in the morning, It'll be time to put up my last bird, and get into the fray! SO exciting!


Valeros moves onto the stairs and turns, readying himself to attack anyone that approaches.


The Rahadoumi attack with renewed force at you all, desperate to throw back the tide of you savage monsters.

------------------------------------------------------------

R6 drops his crossbow and takes a step to V6 drawing his cutlass and attacking Flynn.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 HIT

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d100 ⇒ 21 HIT

------------------------------------------------------------

R5 attacks Rain with his sword

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 MISS

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

1d100 ⇒ 48

------------------------------------------------------------

R7 attacks Sko with his sword from higher ground.

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12 MISS

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1d100 ⇒ 11 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE
------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: Only hit is Horatio for 6 damage.


ROUND 3 BEGIN

The mists swirl as you drop sailor after sailor to the decks. Loud crackles of energy occur. It seems Miss Longfarthing has a preference for lightning which may belie her temper. You here Plugg shouting orders from the other end of the ship, telling his group to Press on ya scurvy maggots!

During this time the mists part a bit and you see portions of the rest of the ship where fighting is intense. You see the Captain with blood on his blade rushing towards the Captains quarters which is below the aft deck.

Perception DC 10:
A Rahadoumi sailor is sneaking up behind the Captain with blade drawn...the Captain does not appear to see him. The sailor is at O6 on the battle map, behind the Captain


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Looking toward the captain via perception via Archeologist's Luck
1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15

EDIT

Seeing that there is a pirate charging him - I call out -

"Ahoy, Captain Harigan - watch your bloody back!"

I drop my dagger as a free action. I draw my pistol as a "Move Action" and fire my pistol at the sailor as an "Attack Action". Because I am not shooting any enemy around me - I do not think that provokes an AoO, but let me know. This is a ranged touch attack, depending on where the pirate is, though I may have to use Grit.

Pistol attack
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24

IF it hits -
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

50% miss chance - 1-50 Hits, 51-100 Misses
1d100 ⇒ 34


Regardless of who you are shooting at, shooting a ranged weapon in melee provokes an AoO.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1d100 ⇒ 31

Which doesn't matter because he missed anyway lol. You hit easily by the way.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Valeros sees the sneaking sailor approaching Harrigan and points a finger. His voice booms out of the combat, the power in it attempting to freeze the sailor in his tracks. HALT!

Wow, get busy at work and deal with a cold and you come back to madness.

Standard action to cast Command on the sneaking sailor, using the Halt version so he can't attack or do anything. DC 14 Will save.


Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Boo!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro tumbles through Sko's space, past the sailor he's fighting (R7) and lands behind the man, thrusting with his rapier.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Once he's facing forward again, he glances down on the main deck to see Captain Harrigan being approached from behind by an armed sailor. He calls out to Harrigan. "Capn Harrigan, Behind you!"

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Then he strikes at the sailor before him, now flanking with Sko.

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

damage if hits: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Oblivious to what is going on around him, Variel continues to work his way forward eliminating any threat to his companions. Moving cautiously forward, Variel encounters a foe in T5. Slashing with the cutlass, Variel hopes to bring down the man threatening Rain.

attack 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
lethal damage 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
crit confirm 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 unconfirmed
lethal damage 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Hoping to strike a vital section of the abdomen, the defender manages to move just in time to turn a deadly blow into a gash across his leg.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Opening his eyes to see the fray for a moment before his final Eagle appears, He notices a Rahadoumi sneaking up on the Captian. Considering for a moment wether or not the man even could kill the Captain, it's clear that at this point in the fight, there's no way to get out alive unless the crew fo he Wormwood wins. So changing tact, the Eagle appears apart from it's brethren facing only the sneak coming up on the captain.

Hearing screeches from elsewhere, yet faced with potential prey the bird hesitates but a moment.

Dhaavan on the other hand finishing his casting, rushes from his perch, out of summons at this point, and scurries excitedly over the gangplank, almost skipping gleefully, slipping his dagger out in a flash. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Getting behind the Rahadoumi, Dhaavan maintains a defensive position as he casts another quick spell. Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Negative energy charges at the young sorcerer's fingertips as he delivers a Touch of Fatigue to his target, flanking with the Bird that suddenly appeared not moments ago. Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
DC 14 Fort save

Bird attacks:

Eagle 3 flaps its way up the higher-ground and bites down into the next Sand-human in its path, using it's talons less as weapons and more to brace and it rips a chunk out of the man with it's sharp beak.
bite: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 89

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 30

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 69

Eagle 4 Flaps toward the Rahadoumi nearly taking its own wing off with a viscious snap of its beak, fumbling with a poorly aimed talon strike, then barely scraping its prey with a thind slash.
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 25

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 87

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 67

Eagle 5 sees his master's attack and viciously rips into the Rahadoumi, Beak and claws all rending fleshand mixing screams with the laughter of his master.
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 74

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 51
Not sure if Miss chance applies on the one by the captain as mist has cleared, but rolled em anyway.

Eagle 2's fumble confirmation
1d20 ⇒ 14

Synopsis:
Eagle 3 does 7 damage to R6,
Eagle 4 does 3 more if AC=16

Dhaavan Touch of Fatigues RS DC 14 and draws his dagger, flanking with Eagle 5.
Eagle 5 does 11 damage to RS without miss-chance, 9 if miss chance applies


Through a combination of Horatio's bullet through the chest and Dhaavan's bird and spell, the man who would be Captain slayer drops to the deck. The Captain continues rushing towards the door but not before a booming Well done lads! issues forth. Once he darts into the cabin, the mists swirl back together.

Seijiro springs over his man with an incredible leap and with a quick backwards thrust, runs the man through with shocking ease. At which point, Variel uses the distraction to slash his man across the leg, he drops to the ground moaning in pain. Dhaavan's birds in a flurry of slashing beaks and ripping talons, finish off the last of them on the sterncastle. The sounds of battle continues but for the moment your little corner is quiet. We are still going by rounds so if you talk or do any actions please keep that in mind.

Sko you still have a round 3 action before I move on to round 4. As soon as Sko goes then round 4 can start. Suitable actions are to heal, buff, talk, organize your defense of the wheel and gig and cutter, search corpses, etc.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Making sure that the rest of the boarding crew are engrossed in their own actions, Sko will cast Cure Light Wounds on Horatio.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 $%^@%!$%(*^&@$!

If time permits, he'll then move to the top of the steps where the man he was fighting had been standing. He'll kick the body out of the way and guard against anyone who tries to come up the steps.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro, seeing Rain is well protected and his task here in the sterncastle is pretty well done, moves down to the jollyboat to O4 and hides there, lying in wait for any sailor that tries to take the boat. His intention is to attack with the element of surprise if anyone tries to use the boat to escape.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

NPCing Rain

Rain’s mind tacks furiously through the violence of the blood and battle; the acrid stink of gunpowder fills her nose and it mixes with the stench pouring from the bowels of the of eviscerated enemies as their blood and feces mix in their death throes… all of it is punctuated by the screams of the dying all around her.

Sickened by the carnage, and seeing that the pirate R3 is unconscious, yet still lives – she determines to show some mercy. She is no cold blooded killer like Plugg!

Besides – her logical brain reasons – if this sailor is not killed outright, he may be inclined to help us, or rather - those who showed him mercy; as opposed to folk like Plugg and that cheap lickspittle Scourge! Also – he may even know valuable information about this ship and its cargo.

Further, Rain is not sure that the remainder of the crew will survive the intensity of her mate’s assault on this ship.

So, Rain moves to the unconscious pirate R3 with a 5 Foot Step. She uses Sacred Touch as a Standard Action to stabilize the dying man.

Knowing that keeping the Sterncastle protected from enemies is their chief responsibility, and fearing more enemies may be coming soon to try to retake it; she quickly calls out to her mates as a Free Action:

”Come on lads, rally to me – mind the stairwells; prepare yourself – there may be another group coming any moment! she cries out, hoping that her allies prepare to block the stairways and to repel a possible attack for the helm.

Right - so R3 went down in round 2 - as NCP's got to negative 10 HP - this suggests by round 3 he should still be alive.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

With the stern castle and aft deck secure, Variel stops to loot the three downed crew in reverse order that he vanquished. Once finished with the R5, he this a 5ft step to guard the steps up as he finishes rifling through the other two sailors possessions.

Search check if needed on the bodies. taking ten for a twelve total. if not...
R51d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
R31d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
R11d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Perception check to keep an eye on the boat nearby.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I know this may take the next couple of turns but letting you know now in care the next few rounds are ad lib.


Variel on each of them you will find what look like issued equipment: heavy crossbow and bolts, short sword, studded leather armor, and 15 gp.

Round 5

After you move into position and begin to quickly search the bodies, as well as set up a defensive perimeter, a large explosion rocks the ship. The explosion came from below but you do not see much in the way of smoke or flame through the heavy mist. There is only a single explosion, like a loud *THUMP!* and then the sounds of battle again.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro maintains his hidden position by the farside jolly boat, waiting to surprise anyone who comes up to try to use it.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

First - I drop Archeologist's luck on what would be "round 3" after the "final" pirate is finished. This is a "swift action" - and I would have done it as soon as I saw the rest of the gang drop the pirates. This should leave me with 2 rounds left - in theory, as I would have dropped it by the end of round 3; but at that point the enemy would be finished. I say "in theory" because I didn't state it this morning, but I was a bit rushed for work. So I guess at this point, it's up to the GM on how long that would have lasted.

With the sterncastle secure on round 4 - I would have also used that round to reload my pistol; while I was waiting. This is a "standard action".

On round 5 - when the explosion sounds - I have seen no sign of the captain yet. Knowing he has entered the room below me - I turn to the others and use a "free action" to speak:

"I'm going to check on the captain - you lads going to be alright?" I ask them, somewhat rhetorically, as I don't wait for an answer, but hurry off slightly below us.

My action on "round 5" - when I hear the explosion would be to move down to the stairs to cover the door of what (I presume) is the "captain's quarters" - and where our own captain has hurried into - likely to get maps and charts.

Needless to say - if he's searching the room intently, and another man comes charging him from the mists - he may be attacked from the rear.

So I take a "move action" to move 20 feet to R:6 - than hold my potential "attack action" to guard the door; pistol ready - watching the fog for any enemy attackers.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

NPCing Rain

Damn it! Rain thinks, as her teeth grind at the arrogant human’s rushing exit.

Free Action:

”Flynn – come back! We’re supposed to hold this position, not charge off,” she calls out in frustration.

Still crouching over the body – she sees Variel rifling the corpses.

When he moves to the man who she has just Stabilized (that is – R3) – she uses another “Free Action” to check his movement.

”Variel – this one is still alive – disarm him if you must; but at least be careful when you do so,” she says as she watches his movements, the frustration and stress of battle edging her voice with tension.

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel will continue to lighten the load of the sailors pockets of coins and grab the swords as well. If there is time he will grab the crossbows as well since not too many of the others have decent ranged weapons. Vriel still keeps an eye out for someone to try and get to the boats.


Round 6 passes without incident as does Round 7. Dhaavan, unless I am mistaken, all your birds, or all save 1 should be dismissed now. Also, Dhaavan you have a chance to position yourself where you like. Round 8:

The fog begins to lessen a bit and you start to be able to see your surroundings a bit better. Sailors begin to give up and surrender near the other side of the ship. You see Captain Harrigan stride out of the Captain's Quarters, a bloody human heart is held in one of his hands and you see him take a large bite out of it. When he does so, the slash you see across his forehead begins to close. He then proceeds below decks.

Fog has lessened so everything before that was 50% concealment is now 20% and everything that was 20% is now 0% miss chance. That also means that you can see most of the ship now just in a haze. There is some fighting going on near the bow but you can't make out who or what it is.

Soon after he goes below deck, four Rahadoumi sailors and a woman dressed in finer garb and wearing a chain shirt instead of leather, come rushing out from below deck and head for the boats. Two head for the gig on top and two head for the cutter below. The woman stands in between them and wields a long boarding pike that all of a sudden extends to 20' long.

Initative:

Party Group
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Average = 12.71

Enemy Group
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Average = 13.6

I will wait to see where Dhaavan wants to go and then I will go for the Rahadoumi.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

I step aside from the door, letting the captain the stride forward to his purpose, and tipping my forelock in a salute.

How long before the Captain comes out and leaves, and the sailors appear? Would I have time to glance in the cabin behind me - see if there's anything of note in there?

In any case - I am still armed as before; and I'll be up it's my turn, I guess.


He came out on round 6 and shut the door behind him. You weren't able to see much at that point due to difficulties with the fog.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro is staying hidden by the gig on top


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Sorry, First chance to get to a computer this morning

Dhaavan waits nervously now that his eagles are gone, and he is out of summoning spells. He waits uncomfortably fiddling with his dagger as he waits for whatever happens next to occur.


As the Rahadoumi make their way forward, the two by each boat begin unlashing them and preparing them to go into the water. The officer stands in the middle, readying herself to attack if anyone approaches.

It will take 3 successful Profession Sailor or Dexterity checks PER BOAT to release the boats...which would mean you failed in your orders to guard them. The sailors begin untying immediately as full round actions R8 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, R9 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, R10 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, R11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Successfully attacking them and doing damage will disrupt that rounds check for that sailor.

The officer meanwhile has extended her pike and attacks Flynn. Also due to her reach, she will be able to take AoO's against those moving through her 20' reach.

Attack against Flynn
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 HIT
Damage
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
20% miss chance
1d100 ⇒ 18 MISS DUE TO MISS CHANCE

Only look if moving through her threatened spaces 20' out:

AoO
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 HIT
Damage
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
20% miss chance
1d100 ⇒ 21

END OF ENEMY TURN!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"GOOD" GUYS (AND GALS) TURN!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro attacks from his hiding place hopefully getting surprise on the sailor nearest him. I'm hoping that he's too close to the officer for her to get an attack on him, since he's far closer than 20' away and her weapon threatens at 20'

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

dmg if hits: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

The sudden outburst of activity goads Variel into action, jumping down the stairs to quicken his approach. Seeing the length that the pike affords her, Variel moves forward tumbling as he goes to avoid her attacks.

acrobatics tumble 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 move 5ft, tumble for 10ft at double cost and move another 5ft.

moving up to the sailor, Variel swings at the crewman closest to the boat.

attack at R11 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

crit confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

AGain Variel finds a weak spot in his opponents defenses but can not exploit the opening to its fullest. A devestating attack an inch further merely draws a deep gash across the chest but fails to put the Rahadoumi sailor down.

Immortal:
Noticed that moving through her attack was at +6. Pretty sure that she still hit me even with the acrobatics check unless she hit Jiro first. Just wanted to make sure though before I posted it.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

If the leader falls the rest will follow. She can't defend against all of us.

Sko will rush down to O5 which will provoke an AoO if she has any left.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Man, I've been rolling terrible.
Damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

He brings his scythe down in a vicous arc but swung far too early and misses her completely.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

NPCing Rain.

Rain looks down to the officer – recognizing the woman as the obvious threat to her companions.

Hoping to break the moral of these fleeing scum; she calls out to the crew (via Free Action) –

”That’s the shepherd of this flock – take her; and the rest will fall like lambs!” she says, extending the prongs of her trident to point at the enemy officer.

At this point she is using “Freebooter’s Bane” on the enemy officer as a Standard Action.

Than, she rushes down the stairs and moves to 7:P (via Move Action).

She is now in a key place to protect Dhaavan, if he needs it – to back up Variel, who is right next to several of the pirates; she is out of the way if Flynn needs to move forward, and is ready to offer aid to any of her mates – should they need it – with a her Sacred Touch power – if they should fall.

1,901 to 1,950 of 8,093 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.