Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


1,551 to 1,600 of 8,093 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

During the cleanup of the kitchen, Variel finds a plethora of items. Using the excuse to go gather more supplies to finish the repairs, Variel sneaks out the items that he feels he is safe with, the items he mentioned earlier leaving the barrel of alcohol alone. Hopefully there is room to store most of it in his locker. To make room, Variel will go about still in the leather armor until he gets any comments from Plugg or Scourge. Hopefully he can get rid of the loot tomorrow if he talks to Grok. It wouldn't be a bad idea to see what she has in stock anyways.

The day winds down quickly with the heady prospect of the amount of contraband that Variel lifted from the kitchen. The bloody hour approaches and it is without surprise that Flynn and Sko get trussed up in front of everyone. Idiots. They know the consequences. They are just asking for the lash or worse. We are in this together, but this is their own doing. Even with these thoughts, Variel still checks to make sure that the 2 are alive and functional. That is the best he can do anyways. Perhaps the lashes will make them realize the situation and widen up.

Not feeling tany effects from the last time he had rum, Variel partakes again. This gives the added bonus of not worrying about Plugg or Scourge discovering his actions.

night action later but will be gambling.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Ret-Con: When Tate rips into Dhaavan for having used a charm on him, the young man backs off, face going blank when the dwarf spits at him, hiding his anger at having been found out. How the hell would this idiot know what I did. It worked fine like it often did, but then suddenly the Dwarf knows? What in the hells has been wrong with me!

"How do you figure I 'sapped yer will' as ya say, Tate? I ran into you for a second below decks and then had to rush up top decks again. Where'd yea get the idea that I magiked ya?" Dhaavan asks, probing for information.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 to discern wether or not Tate discloses where he heard that he was charmed.
[ooc]If Interrupted Dhaavan without giving him the chance to be diplomatic, can I tweak my action and maybe toss something else to respond, trying another tact? (and by that i mean intimidation?

That night
Dunno what I'm going to say in reaction to Tate, so will ret-con stuff based on that.

Dhaavan is definatey off his game at this point and doesn't know what to do, so he'll get to work, and try to test the lay of the land while crafting. He tries to get Cog to come and takl with him some, see if he's still got a potential friend there, not wanting him to turn to an enemy.
Influence Cog
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
"Great luck we had runnin across them Reefclaws, yeah? Fishguts can sure put out a spread when he wants. Anythin' interestin' happen while we was having out little swim?" Dhaavan is nervious, hopefully it don't show much, but wiht Tate turning around on him, there is the risk that even now his friends are going to start turning on him with rumor of him being some kind of enchanter spreading.


Gonna give Seijiro a little while longer to check in and then I will respond to your queries.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Throughout the day, Dhaavan definitely looks to be taking ill on occasion, becoming both weak and clumsy as well as increasingly uncomfortable, while other times he is his usual self, at least while on Deck. When he hustles below decks he keeps to himself trying not to throw murderous glares at those he encounters while he staggers around hunting.

Rain and Flynn
Dhaavan spends a decent chunk of time hurrying around the mast on deck mumbling to himself.

Aquan:
Rain and Flynn hear Dhaavan's voice whispering in their ears, "Oye sorry to intrude, but with yea up there, I figure now's good a time as any to talk inconspicuously. Good job down with the Reef-Claw by the way. Flynn, yea got some healing left in ya for tonight? Plugg's not going to be gentle with yea."

"So where are we right now, any chance of yer plan goin through Flynn? Or we gonna have to come up with somethin' else?"

"Flynn, I may need some advice. Tate found out that I hit him with a charm, in order to talk to him, and now he's pretty livid. I was thinking of showing him what it is like to be under the spell, since it isn't a compulsion, just a simple charm, opens up the mind, but yer still in total control o' what you think and do. But that could just make things worse. What do you two think?"

Edit: added a line in the Aquan section


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

Throughout the day, Dhaavan definitely looks to be taking ill on occasion, becoming both weak and clumsy as well as increasingly uncomfortable, while other times he is his usual self, at least while on Deck. When he hustles below decks he keeps to himself trying not to throw murderous glares at those he encounters while he staggers around hunting.

Rain and Flynn
Dhaavan spends a decent chunk of time hurrying around the mast on deck mumbling to himself.
** spoiler omitted **

Edit: added a line in the Aquan section

I look at Dhaavan and give him a frustrated shake of my head.

”Lad, I’m already in trouble enough for asking for a boat to hunt crab meat. And if that ain’t enough – Sko flat out told them that he’d refuse to drink their rum – two bloody days in a row!”

”Now this?” I add wearily.

Than, collecting my thoughts, I focus a bit and switch to Aquan.

In Aquan:

”Alright, here’s thing the thing – you got the bloody dwarf to be friendly with you on account of you hitting him with magic, eh? That’s bloody dangerous, to be sure. Spellcasters are something that any man with brains fears – after all; today you cast a charm spell – before you summoned hell hawks, or something like that – what’s next; can you conjure demons to fight against them?” I add.

”Nay,” I say belaying action ”I’m only speaking on what they might be thinking, regarding your power. Sure thing is that they’re going to get their blood boiled up against what you did… and Tate may even be trying to rustle up some trouble against you.”

I pause, thinking things over.

”First things first – whatever your plans were from here on out; cancel them. By that I mean don’t wander off alone; don’t get into a place where if you’re by yourself they can rough you up hard – because you may find that him dragging up his mates and rough you up below decks.”

”Instead – I’d recommend making a show of your talent with the friends you have. In other words; when you’re above decks, any mate you’ve made here – make sure that you enjoy your time with them. Make sure that you act friendly-like with them – and make sure that you show to everyone that over half this crew sees you as a lad they genuinely like. Not because you amuse them – but because they think you’re a good lad.”

”Laugh with them, joke with them – do what you need to. But when Tate sees you above decks with the crew; he needs to see a lad that is friendly and well liked; and well respected by everyone, eh? He needs to see a lad that is valued – that folk care about; and that if he decided to rough up – then he’d not only end up angering a powerful sorcerer with untapped potential – but he’d end up pissing off a good chunk of the crew who’d back you in a fight.”

”Anyhow – for what it’s worth – yeah; that’s my general advice. Make sure the crew sees you – and Tate sees you with them – as a friend to all. And than, if he messes with you – he messes with all of your mates. Once he’s got that figured in his head – than you can make your move to soften him up…”

I shrug.

”Anyhow – that’s just my suggestion to you,” I add with nod.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

CMB1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 7 +1 is for a quick arcane pool on the hog :)

Looking around at the crew, Variel decides that some more entertainment is in order and challenges a couple of them to a game of hog toss. Making it just a friendly game, Variel offers up for his ante just a dagger (2 gp). Hoping to find some takers tonight. Hoping he loses, it is more about getting along with the crew than making money tonight. Nothing loosens tongues more than alcohol and gambling.


Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posting but now both kids are sick in addition to my wife lol. I'm on triple duty right now so i'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Keep up the great RP for the time being and sorry again.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Retcon with Flynn while repairing the rigging

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Looking down and across the top deck, watching for eyes and ears taking in their private conversation, she drops her voice a little lower, hoping the wind will not carry it from Flynn's ear and out to sea.

Flynn:
"Flynn, I have always seen Plugg as the First Mate. His authority was far-reaching and I did not underestimate his threat. That is why I have been minding my manners and not sticking a knife in the man's gut."

She pushes a stray strand of hair from her eyes and face, "I think your plan is sound -- that we are perceived as siding with the Captain pushing Plugg's hand and agenda. The man's arrogance will bring about his downfall one way or another. And, you are correct -- if we're headed for the shipping lanes, then we will be pirating."

Immortal: Hope the fam starts improving soon and you stay healthy. Good luck.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Retcon with Flynn and Dhaavan.

Rain wished Dhaavan were wiser and knew when to use magic and when not to. That he was caught, by an officer no less, was testament to the man's folly and smug belief that his charm would carry him through almost every situation.

Rain listens silently, working the knots, while Flynn advises for caution and another kind of subterfuge. Her opinions carried no weight onboard this ship and she was not asked, so she worked, keeping an eye out for signs of trouble.

At the end of Flynn's assessment, Rain nods her head and repeats,

Aquan:
"Aye, do not wander around the ship without mates. Keep your friends close and act normally. If you do not regularly use your magic then the threat may appear minimal to Tate."

Ah, well, she did give her opinion, afterall, to backup Flynn's advice. Hopefully the small male human would accept it as wise counsel and affirmation than interference or worse.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

More ret-con ahead!

”Well – it may be that we’re headed into troubled waters; as they say…” I say, glancing between Rain and Dhaavan.

As we’re close the rigging, and my mind is somewhat distracted – I’m curious to know what they think on a question, and not overly concerned with what the rest of the crew thinks; so I speak Common for a while – easier on my head.

Even so – I speak a bit more quietly; either from general weariness or caution.

”We’re heading to my home waters, as it were… Likely we’ll be hitting ships from home ports,” I add with a frown.

”Now – it’s one thing for me to take bold action against enemies of my people – and it’s one thing to take actions against those who threaten my family or mates… But to attack some random ship – with no letters of marquee – with no reason; just to make a profit… and likely hurt and kill folk that I got no reason to hurt or kill…” I say, shrugging helplessly.

”That’s bloody different… I’m in the pinch; and just praying to the gods that we don’t have that tune to dance to. For now I’m worried what I’d do in that situation – and I’m hoping we don’t end up in such a twist.”

”Gods willing we’ll be attacking other pirate scum,” I add with a short bark of laughter, but a touch somewhat cynical light in my eyes.

”But I guess we’ll just have to see what happens next, eh? Even so – if push comes to shove – what would either of you advise – you know, if we have to suddenly attack a merchant ship filled with naught but innocent sailors or fisherfolk… and be ordered to cut their throats… or what if we find some rich merchant daughters and Plugg and his ilk want to have their way with them, than what?” I say with a growl.

”Anyway – if we’re in that pinch – what would you do, eh?”

Clearly I’m not baiting anyone, I’m sincerely curious what to do in such an action – and what course my conscience should take.

And to the mighty GM - hope your family gets better, soon, sir.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

sorry for not posting much, but I'm on a retreat and very busy. Sorry you family is under the weather, GM. Hope all are getting better.

Seijiro spends the day working diligently as he dries off slowly while he works. When the bloody hour comes, he watches with distaste as the cat is used on SKo and Flynn. He shakes his head and blinks back tears as his mates are so badly abused.

When times comes for rum, as usual, he dumps his stealthily.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Later, while others are busy, he slips down to look through another locker, again careful to make sure it doesn't belong to one of his mates. However, seeing Flynn has retired early and might observe him, he slips back upstairs and instead, plays his harmonica alternately with chatting idly with anyone who seems interested in talking.

perform: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Obviously not his best night, he keeps the songs simple short, just enough to simply entertain those willing to listen or even join in with the lyrics now and again.

Later, he will slip downstairs and curl up in his blanket and go to sleep, weary from the long day and the fighting earlier.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Dhaavan pauses, unable to answer. the answer to Flynn's question is obvious, requiring next to no thought, but suddenly, what to do. What if good people are the targets of an attack? How to resolve survival with what's right is a difficult question any day, but here it is a true conundrum. This man's countrymen may be whom the crew targets.

aquan:
"I really don't know Flynn. I guess you need to ask yourself who's life is more imortant to you, theirs our yours, likely ours. I really do wish I could help you there, but the consequences of going Captain's orders are severe, and yet you still gotta live with yerself at night."

This only Rain hears Unless Flynn makes the check to eavesdrop "Well, I'll try not to toss it around flagrantly, but i guess I'll never understand such fear of power. I want it, need it, really. But thank you for the advice..." by his whispered voice, it is somewhat unclear wether or not he will follow her suggestion, but Rain can feel certian that the sorcerer will at least seriously consider his next moves.

To the both of them, Dhaavan whispers, "I've had dealings with Peppery. I can talk to Sko about what he's doing right now, if you think it'll help. But she's harsh, and may kill him herself, or make this boat even more miserable, although workign with Fishguts seems like one of the less awful occupations."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Give me some more retcon. ;) In the rigging with Flynn and Dhaavan hovering beneath.

Hearing the sorcerer's words, Rain takes a moment to consider his sincerity. She shrugs it off, knowing he will do what he wants in the end, and if consequences were to follow then they all would have to face them.

in Aquan to Dhaavan:

"Perhaps fear is not the correct feeling. Power in the wrong hands can have a rippling effect and its repercussions may last a lifetime. There are those who toil with their bare hands and hearts. Then there are those gifted with magic in various forms and they say a few words and end a life. This crew, not counting the officers, strike me used to hard labour and even harder lives. Your magic is like a slap in their face -- an easy route. They may see it as grandstanding. You want to be seen as a mate and ally, you need to show them you are on their level. Magic does not make for a level playground. You may want and need it, but they do not. Just think on that, my pressed mate." Rain speaks with an openness but no malice or anger. She is simply stating her opinion plainly.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Retcon with Flynn...

Horatio Flynn wrote:

”Gods willing we’ll be attacking other pirate scum,” I add with a short bark of laughter, but a touch somewhat cynical light in my eyes.

”But I guess we’ll just have to see what happens next, eh? Even so – if push comes to shove – what would either of you advise – you know, if we have to suddenly attack a merchant ship filled with naught but innocent sailors or fisherfolk… and be ordered to cut their throats… or what if we find some rich merchant daughters and Plugg and his ilk want to have their way with them, than what?” I say with a growl.

”Anyway – if we’re in that pinch – what would you do, eh?”

Rain's face is serious and she answers swiftly but cautiously lest she is heard, "I will not take innocent lives, Flynn. Nor will I stand idly by as the officers rape imprisoned females. I shall fight for them and for myself."

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Regardless how the gambling goes, Variel will approach Valeros later after the games have ended. Whispering quietly to him, Psst, hey Valeros. I think there ought be something of interest to you in the kitchen. I saw it earlier today when I was doing repairs. A prosthetic leg inlaid with what appeared to be silver. It's next to some barrels of salt against the wall. Just thought you might be interested. If not, I might grab it and sell it to Grok. Let me know.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros grins at Variel's info. I certainly wouldn't say no to an item of such quality like that. Although I'd find it hard to have an excuse to be visiting the kitchens. If you're able to find some way of procuring it for me, I'd be in your debt for sure.


Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Wife and kids are still sick but seem to be doing a little better today. Last night was pretty awful as my one year old screamed more than I've ever heard him scream. I probably got 2 hours sleep in all lol.

@Rain:The crew seems pleased with your performance and bangs their tankards in approval when you are through. Ratline gives you a nod and a smile when you are done and Sandara even claps.

Sko:
During the evening while you are relaxing with the crew you are summoned below to Peppery's laboratory. Knocking on the door you hear a short Come. Upon entering, you take a quick look around. The cramped room is stuffed with various curious and unsettling materials. You see varied creatures pickled in jars. Eyes, skulls, and bones abound. On one shelf, multihued vials and flasks are stored over near a bubbling cauldron that gives off a sharp pungent odor of burning sulfur. Though despite all of that your view is drawn back to the beautiful woman sitting behind a desk piled with parchment, books, and writing implements. She does not look up as you come in and leaves you waiting for a minute while she finishes whatever she is writing. The only thing you see are a series of arcane runes with some sort of encoded writing next to them.

Finishing, she finally looks up at you with her bright green eyes like chips of emerald. What am I going to do with you? Let me ask you something Sko. Tell me, how hard do you think it is for a woman to gain the respect of a man like Captain Harrigan? Not giving you a chance to answer she says You have undermined my standing in his eyes simply by calling attention to the fact that I am a woman in a position of authority. He has always viewed women on a ship as a distraction at best before myself and Riaris came along and Riaris can hardly be called a woman except in the most traditional sense. Now I hope you understand the position you put me in. I am not a bloodthirsty monster like Plugg who enjoys inflicting pain upon others. I prefer a more subtle approach to giving lessons as I am sure your companion Dhaavan has experienced. Her eyes continue to bore into yours and she finishes by saying I do not wish to harm you. You do good work on the ship but this nonsense about winning my heart must stop or I will have to take actions that you will find unpleasant. I hope we understand each other. Her eyes go back to her parchment and you get the distinct feeling you have just been dismissed.

@Variel: Cog steps up and takes your bet, placing a dagger of his own down next to yours. He picks up the lead ingot and hurls it across the deck. CMB: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18 Unsmiling he picks up both daggers and tucks them in his belt before heading back to the others.

@Seijiro: Your performance is listened to as you have played well before but the fight today along with your disgust at seeing Horatio and Sko flayed sits heavily upon you and you are unable to summon your usual skill.


Dhaavan: Tate refuses to talk to you any more and you see him make a sign to ward off bad luck as you turn to go back to your group.

That night with Cog: Cog is gruff with you but more talkative than his usual monosyllabic responses. Not much happened. Anything in particular you were thinking happened? Those reefclaws were fine eating, thanks for bringing those in, they're a favorite of mine. Wish I coulda been there for the fight. I've been itching for a good fight for a while now.

Attitude improved to Helpful.


I'm going to move along a bit later tonight as the next few days are kind of open in game. Give me a brief synopsis of what you want to do in narrative form and I'll let you know if I need any rolls and we will go from there.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

To GM:

I sent you a private message about a question I had earlier. I don't know if you had a chance to go over it, as I know you're busy. If you do get a chance to see it, please let me know what you think.

As always, give my best to your family, and I hope they all get better soon.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Valeros: I plan an making a trip to see Grok tomorrow. I will stop by and pick it up. Leave your locker open and I will place it in there. Glad you can make some good use of it. Anything you want sold or bout from Grok while I am there? Is so speak up and let the others know I will be shopping as well tomorrow.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Synopsis:

My intentions in the following few days are as follows.

1. My attitude is now formally “downshifting” to behave as if I was part of a royal naval vessel; especially in the presence of all officers – chiefly the captain. I am intending to present him and his chief officers with as much respect and consideration as possible.

My intention with this maneuver is to encourage Plugg to believe that I respect the captain, and I think the captain is valuable and useful. I am hoping this makes Plugg jealous and does something stupid, but I will not formally attempt to inflame him.

2. I will use what “downtime” I have on the ship to mingle with the few members of the crew I have become friendly with: specifically – Owlbear, Rosie, Grok, and to a lesser extent Sandara. Nothing specifically overt here – just make pleasant small talk and keep up friendly relations – no “formal” requests of them, except for Grok – and in this case I would like to try to get my hands on the following items:

A. A cooking kit.
B. 50 feet of rope
C. A few flasks of oil - lamp oil or fish oil - so long as it burns.
D. A few extra doses of a “healing kit” (as many as possible; though I won’t push the issue).

3. I will also use some free time to keep what notes I can on the styles and types of ships there are – as well as methods for fighting them and defeating them; and what strategies would be best for what type of crew we have.

Specific actions with members of the crew and “press gang”

1. I would like to work with Rosie,Variel and Jiro with some basic fencing and sword work; as well as trying to learn some new styles of “dirty fighting” from Owlbear.

I have a sense that if we’re going into “action”, that as my mind is more bent on things like learning, that I should brush up on something different like knifework, and I have a hunch those people will be better suited for such an education.

2. I would like to meet with Rain and Sko and talk to them about lore and knowledge of the surrounding area. While I know they are both skilled at fighting, and I would not turn them down if they wanted to assist me in fencing practice, I believe they can help me more with learning about the local area – stargazing, studying ocean currents; the natural lore of the sea and general areas, and I hope to learn from them on these matters, when I can.

3. When we’re available, I hope to meet with Dhaavan and discuss some of the nuances of magic. I have learned a few “tricks’ and I want to know what skills would be good to use and learn on the ship, or a ship in general. Whatever lore or learning Dhaavan has to teach me on magic; I am open to it, and will do what I can to reciprocate the knowledge, if asked.

4. I am still suspicious and distrustful of Valeros – however; if the opportunity presents itself for us to talk openly, I will make clear to him why I am so suspicious, and hopefully we can work through it. If there is no chance in the meanwhile – I will postpone that for another time.

Not sure how that conversation would work out anyway, because he is going away for the weekend, and it may be a tricky one to navigate.

All of these actions are ones I intend to do during my “downtime”.

Practice fencing/knifework
Study the ship and better methods of handling her, and what can be done to utilize her well in a fight
Learn what I can about the surrounding waters and sea from those with the most experience in the natural world
Study/glean what bits of magical lore I can from those who teach me
Finally – compile this information in my journal, as I learn it.

Finally

This is the most difficult part of my plans for the downtime – as it may actually require rolls, and RP. I don’t know if it is going to work, or not – but I will do what I can to formally petition the officers in charge to allow me and those with any skill to construct a “Fighting top”. (Details can be seen here. If you read the entire link, you’ll see the actual advantages in real life, and theoretically in-game, too. Especially for ranged fighters and casters).

I have “Craft: Carpentry” – there should be adequate planks on board for such a project (easily taken from some of the stalls for the pigs) – and I don’t think this is a difficult task.

It would not only show some initiative to improving the ship as a whole (useful via diplomacy/making allies); but it would certainly be useful for the entire crew as well. Whether they like me or not; having a better defense/offense method for the ship is a good thing.

Okay – that’s pretty much it. Please let me know what you think on the matter – especially the request to Grok; and the final request – including if I need to make a roll for that.

Thank you!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
Valeros: I plan an making a trip to see Grok tomorrow. I will stop by and pick it up. Leave your locker open and I will place it in there. Glad you can make some good use of it. Anything you want sold or bout from Grok while I am there? Is so speak up and let the others know I will be shopping as well tomorrow.

If possible I would like to get the following; if I could: a cooking kit, 50 feet of rope, a few more doses for a healing kit, and some small flasks of oil.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

DM:
When Sko enters Peppery's lab he looks around and can't help but think that Dhaavan would go into an ecstatic frenzy if he could see this.

After listening to Peppery's speech he hears the unspoken dismissal but says, "I understand but...may I respond? I feel it is important that I do so."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro will continue with what he's doing - he's not so good making friends (ie diplomacy) but he will chat genially with anyone who's already friendly or helpful, or even neutral, esp. Sandara as he's taken a liking to her, and Rosie too as he likes playing with here when she brings her fiddle out.

His other actions will be to continue to rifle lockers whenever he can, as always putting anything distinctly recognizable into Maheem's locker, so should anyone start complaining of thefts, the items will be found there on a search.

dice rolls:
these should be enough for 3 days - using one action a day for pilfering, right?
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

disable: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
disable retry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
disable: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
disable: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Sko:
Peppery arches an eyebrow and says It's probably smarter if you don't...but if this will end this quicker. She looks up at you and waits for your response.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
DM Immortal wrote:
@Rain:The crew seems pleased with your performance and bangs their tankards in approval when you are through. Ratline gives you a nod and a smile when you are done and Sandara even claps.

She is taken aback by the reception to her singing, not expecting it. Rain bows her head gracefully toward the appreciative crew and seeing Ratline nod and smile and even Sandara clap, she smiles in their general direction, hoping they understand her gratitude.

If any of her pressed mates are around, she will engage them in conversation. If not, she will retire below deck, check on Flynn and go to sleep.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Variel listens to Rain's singing surprised that the woman would feel comfortable enough to open up in such a fashion. After listening quietly,and the applause from some of the other crew members, Variel will approach her. My, my Rain. Where did that come from? I knew you could dance but I did not know that you were so gifted in other areas. The day must have gone well for you. Please tell me, now was your day? I was done in the kitchen with the pigs doing repairs and cleaning. I hope the fresh air was better for you than the smells I endured. Hopefully the cleaning will help keep us from falling sick again.

As usual it seems that Variel goes on more than he should in Rain's presence. He tries to be comfortable around her but something always seems to get him flustered.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Next couple of days to speed things along. Will do an IC update once results are known.

Night time Diplomacy checks for:
Syl 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Tibbs 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Badger 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Perception checks for areas during day jobs A6-A9 not including that which I searched last time...:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Asking Grok for items available for purchase. Diplomacy check if needed.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Items sold: 10 daggers, 2 hatchets, leather armor, short sword, a vial of holy water, four waterskins, six bottles of good Chelish brandy worth 20 gp each, and the three bottles of magnificent rum worth 12 gp each. Depending on what is for sale, he will also sell/trade the MW dagger.

Prosthetic leg given to Valeros

Discard rum checks next three nights.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

DM:
"Firstly," Sko begins, "I regret causing any sort of undermine between you and the Captain. That wasn't my intent and I'm a bit startled that the Captain cares a whit what I say or think about anybody; as long as I'm not speaking to or about him. But what I said wasn't in jest; and certainly not at your expense. You remind me of the pirhanna fish; cool, serene, absolutely confident, and utterly destructive to anything that has the temerity to cross its domain. To me that is...appealing. Very few things in life have truly appealed to me so perhaps that impaired my judgement."

"So if I must admire you quietly and from afar then I will do so. But I won't apologise for my feelings as that would be lieing to you; because I would still have them. You said I do good work yet everyday Mr. Plugg looks for some excuse to use the lash. If I'm going to be scourged anyway, I would rather be it be for reasons of my choosing than for some random infraction I barely understand. This is presumptuous to say I know, but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I would rather have you blast me with fire than be constantly lashed. Mr. Plugg doesn't care whether I do "good work", as you put it, or not. If you blast me with fire at least I would understand the reason."

"I've been in the kitchen enough to see that, at some point, Fishgut was a great cook; far better than I am now. Yet, at times, I have to do the cooking because he's so drunk that he can barely remember his name. The man could die at any moment from overdrink. Is that going to be me in a year? Is that the only point to my good work? Even the lowest deckhand has aspirations higher that that."

"The Captain is very particular about his meals at times and I try my best to meet those expectations. But that's hard to do when I'm forced to drink swill that any beggar in Quent would turn his nose up at. It's certainly the Captain's perogative to have us eat or drink whatever he likes but he also expects good food too. The one affects the other, however."

"So, I've caused you distress by proclaiming interest. I will do so no more except in my own thoughts. I've spoken ill of another officer, Mr. Plugg. I've wasted your precious time with my rambling that, probably, has been of little interest to you. If the pirhanna of the ship feels I should be punished, I will now gladly accept it."

Sko has to resist the urge to let out a large exhale. It's been a very long time since he's spoken so many words at once.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Well, I got a nasty earful from Tate and wanted to make sure no rumor starts getting tossed around about me. He hated me already, but I don't want that costin me friends and trust o them what are important to me."

Even though he works through the evening, Dhaavan seems to take ill somewhat early and staggers down below decks as soon as he is through working his craft.
Some social to come below decks tomorrow

GM:

During the day Dhaavan will likely try his hand at recovering from Tate's anger at him. Telling him that it was jsut because he wanted Tate to listen to him, but htis time there's no magic, no tricks, just honestly trying to convey that he doesn't want there to be bad blood, even indicating that while Tate may not ever really trust Dhaavan, the young human has no interest in bearing any ill will with the dwarf.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

At nights, Dhaavan continues crafting bringing him up to 6 nights of work. one away from my roll to determine income!

He spends the first night trying to determine if he is loosing traction with the Crew that he's friendly with, and maybe try to figure out a bit about how things go on this boat.
Gather Information: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

If he doesn't get good info, He'll spend another night carousing and chatting, testing the waters, as it were. If he does get a read on the situation, then he instead works on making things right with tate so the Dwarf doesn't seek to do any more social damage, or He'll talk to anyone he's at risk with to Mitigate the effects of Rumor.
Diplomacy/Gather Information: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

After a night or two of gauging the feel of the crew DHaavan likely has a handle on how things are, so this night he'll either talk to another NPC to win them back, or if he's not loosing standing and trust with his friends, then he will focus on someone that doesn't like him much. Tate, if the dwarf seems unfriendly or worse, and a different Hostile if Dhaavan feels like he's at least buried the hatchet Indifferent with Tate, although he's got no real reason to pick a specific hostile save for not pursuing the ladies cause Jack would likely as not end up pecking a hole in Dhaav's skull.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Dumping his rum definately depends on how bad it hit him the night before.
So he drinks it night 1 to loosten up (cha bonus) but he may be likely to dump it on night 2 if night 1's Wis damage is too high (call it a massive hangover)
Night three He'll definatly drink, unless the hangover is dangerously bad, so he gets a boost to Cha, but if I can see the rolls I'll know if its worth the risk (or if Dhaavan is foolish enough to try to dump it). Can you PM me maybe about how the Dip rolls work out with Tate, jsut so i can confirm my actions based on reacting to his responses to Dhaavan, cause I'm not actually trying for anything better than indifferent from him.

I'll put up Inter player RP responses tomorrow.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

GM:
I forgot about rum rolls so here they are:

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Also, if the opportunity comes up to play during any evenings, alone or along with Rosie, here are a few perform checks:

perform: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
perform: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
perform: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Variel listens to Rain's singing surprised that the woman would feel comfortable enough to open up in such a fashion. After listening quietly,and the applause from some of the other crew members, Variel will approach her. My, my Rain. Where did that come from? I knew you could dance but I did not know that you were so gifted in other areas. The day must have gone well for you. Please tell me, how was your day? I was done in the kitchen with the pigs doing repairs and cleaning. I hope the fresh air was better for you than the smells I endured. Hopefully the cleaning will help keep us from falling sick again.

As usual it seems that Variel goes on more than he should in Rain's presence. He tries to be comfortable around her but something always seems to get him flustered.

Rain watches Variel closely as he speaks to her, asking how her day has passed.

"I am not proficient in dancing or singing, Variel. I can manage both if I put my mind to it. I think on this night my audience was generous or my inspiration was keen. It was an old song my grandmother used to sing to me when I was young. Remembering all the words surprised me but I'm glad it has stayed with me after all these many years."

She looks down, somewhat embarrassed by the attention and praise. "My day was spent repairing the rigging with Flynn. It seemed to go by swiftly and with ease, for which I am glad. I believe all my duties aloft have honed my skill with ropes and sails. I am sorry you were stuck down in the galley with the pigs, but aye, a clean ship will reduce the spread of disease, which is very good for us."

Untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

She looks up into his eyes and wonders why he seems nervous around her but cannot speak with certainty as to the cause.

"So, Variel, no dancing tonight? Were you poisoned by the Reefclaws during our clash?"


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

GM:

Dumping the rum over the next three nights:

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

During the days, she will either work on the rigging or be perched on the lookout.

Climb 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Climb 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Climb 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Climb 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Reroll Climb 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (Sure Grasp)
Climb 5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Climb 6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Reroll Climb 6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (Sure Grasp)

Profession, Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Climb 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Climb 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Climb 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Climb 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Climb 5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Climb 6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

During the evenings she will either talk with her pressed mates, observe the stars to navigate by or perform - sing for her mates and the crew.

Untrained Perform, Sing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Survival (to navigate by stars): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Untrained Perform, Sing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Sko & Peppery:
Peppery sighs a bit and says You can admire however you wish as long as you don't shout it to the entire crew. Know that nothing can come of it though. I have no interest in pursuing any form of relationship on this boat. As for Plugg, he is a sadistic bastard but the Captain treats him like a son for reasons I will not go into now. Suffice it to say he is given free reign to perform his duties as he sees fit. The rum ration is designed to keep the crew docile and though I do not approve of the methods it does work for that purpose. A drunk hand is much less likely to inspire mutiny and discord than one who is clear headed. I am not interested in seeing more punishments meted out. I will forget this conversation took place and I hope that you will see to it that your companions behave themselves a bit better in the future. The time will come when things will get better for you all but you need to weather the squall before making safe harbor so to speak. Also, make sure Dhaavan knows that I am keeping my eye on him. Now if you will excuse me, I have work to do before I retire for the night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Variel: Grok gives you a rundown on everything she has when you bring items to trade. She gives you 75% value on everything and will charge only 90% of the book price for the items.

-An assortment of adventuring goods and gear valued under 10gp (pretty much if it is under 10gp and is mundane adventuring gear she has it)
-a starknife
-3 flasks of acid,
-6 flasks of alchemist’s fire
-3 sets of thieves tools (one of
which is masterwork*)
-a battered iron box containing six candles, one of which is a candle of truth
-a potion of Barkskin
-a potion of Cure Light Wounds
-a potion of Haste
-MW Climbers Kit
-Disguise Kit
-4 flasks of Holy Water
-Magnifying Glass
-Manacles
-2 Tanglefoot Bags
-MW Light Crossbow
-3 Cutlasses
-31 assorted daggers
-3 MW daggers
-43 MW Darts
-4 Saps
-MW Sap
-120 Arrows
-20 MW Arrows
-6 +1 Arrows
-200 Crossbow Bolts
-a suit of Banded Mail
-a Breastplate
-2 Chain Shirts
-MW Leather Armor
-3 suits of Studded Leather
-12 Bucklers
-2 MW Bucklers
-+1 Dagger
-+1 Short Sword
-MW Warhammer
-Scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Summon Swarm
-Wand of Bless Weapon (16 charges left)


Variel: Trading all the things you listed plus the MW dagger leaves you 502 gp in trade.


Horatio: You take your idea for building a fighting top to Riaris Krine, the Master Gunner of the Wormwood, speaking to her privately. She at first berates you for speaking out of turn to an officer but eventually listens and says that she will bring it up to the Captain. Later in the day, you are ordered to select two assistants to begin building a fighting top. Apparently, Riaris Krine had the idea that it was a good time to build one for upcoming engagements and the Captain agreed. You were good with repairs and so it was decided that you build it with a couple of assistants under Hably Quarne, the Ship's Surgeon and Carpenter (updated NPC sheet) and Riaris's direction. It will take you three full days to complete.


Seijiro: During your pilfering you find:

random die rolls:
1d3 ⇒ 2

1d3 ⇒ 2

1d3 ⇒ 3

1d20 ⇒ 15

1d20 ⇒ 4

1d20 ⇒ 2

1d100 ⇒ 77

1d100 ⇒ 18

1d100 ⇒ 15

1d100 ⇒ 87

1d100 ⇒ 13

1d100 ⇒ 28

1d100 ⇒ 47

-21gp
-2 hematite gems worth 10gp each
-flask of alchemist fire
-2 flasks of acid
-bottle of brandy worth 5gp
-tanglefoot bag
-gold earring worth 15gp


Variel: Syl is moved to indifferent, Tibbs and Badger are moved to helpful.


Dhaavan: Tate firmly rebuffs your attempts to talk to him and you find is telling the crew about how you "ensorceled" him, as he puts it. You are having a harder time talking to those that are hostile to you and even some of those you have developed a relationship with have looked you askance. The general consensus among your friends is that they are wondering if that is why they like you, that you perhaps did that to them. As a result it is making your job harder, but not impossible.

Basically until this gets smoothed over by people other than you, i.e. your companions or someone else telling people that there is nothing to fear by talking to you, then you are going to have a hard time convincing people of the sincerity of your friendship. Basically I've imposed a negative modifier on your rolls until such time as work has been done on your behalf to remove it.

Dhaavan's eyes only:
Also don't forget to play up that thing we talked about.


Rain: You perform well over the next few days and manage to get by without any incidents. The crew seem to appreciate your singing voice especially when accompanied by Rosie on her fiddle and Seijiro on his harmonica.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Sorry about hitting you with alot of stuff at once, but any further rolls or checks needed for the searches?


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Valeros will spend the next few days working and trying to keep his head down with regards to Plugg. He'll also attempt to Influence memebers of the crew that are still non-Helpful to the group. Otherwise nothing special.

Horatio, saw your proposed dealings with Valeros and I agree that it might prove difficult with me out of town. I'm open to retcon stuff or even handling via PM if it works out, so we'll handle it however. That being the case, obviously there's no guarantee that the conersations we have will make things better or worse lol. So we'll see what happens but I'm not opposed to working with you as far as making sure the conversations at least happen.


Variel: A6 is the middle hold where Owlbear is held and doesn't contain much besides pigs and a couple of ballista and a disassembled light catapult. There are stairs that lead to the officers quarters and also stairs that lead to the captains quarters in addition to the stairs that lead into the lower hold where the crew sleeps.

A7 is Fishguts and Grok's Cabin and there isn't anything in there unless you are planning on trying to break into their lockers.

A8 is the Galley where you already searched.

A9 is the Quartermaster's store and you know pretty much what is in there based upon Grok's descriptions.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Horatio: You take your idea for building a fighting top to Riaris Krine, the Master Gunner of the Wormwood, speaking to her privately. She at first berates you for speaking out of turn to an officer but eventually listens and says that she will bring it up to the Captain. Later in the day, you are ordered to select two assistants to begin building a fighting top. Apparently, Riaris Krine had the idea that it was a good time to build one for upcoming engagements and the Captain agreed. You were good with repairs and so it was decided that you build it with a couple of assistants under Hably Quarne, the Ship's Surgeon and Carpenter (updated NPC sheet) and Riaris's direction. It will take you three full days to complete.

Excellent!

For the assisting of the Crafting via Fighting Top I would like to enlist Rain and Variel (the link is so you guys can see what we’re doing).

My literal plan for this project is to construct the “Top” 30 feet off the main deck (as standard). The “top” would be 15x15 feet, with the standard 5x5 hole in the middle for the mast to extend through and people to climb through as they try to get to the platform itself, and also for those who continue all the way to the “Crows Nest” above.

I believe that on such a platform spellcasters and ranged fighters should (theoretically) have 50% cover, or more (if you click the link, you’ll see what I mean); and they’d have a good advantage to see the entire target of an enemy ship with some ease. While I’m at it, to make this easier – I intend to install a permanent “rope ladder” or actual ladder to the “Top” at least; not just to get the boards and supplies up there, but also – to make it easier for others to “climb” the rigging in the future (too many near misses or falls for my taste so far).

For those to help me: I trust Rain very much, and she seems like a handy person to have on the job. I also trust others; but Jiro and Dhaavan seem a bit small and weak for hauling heavy boards or lumber (for RP purposes) and Valeros is missing a leg, so trusting him aside; I think he’d be hard pressed to do this project. Finally – Sko’s just too handy as a cook to have working on such a project. But for actual "Mechanics/Rules Points" - an untrained "Craft" roll is a "Intelligence Check". I know that Variel is smart - and while there are others with a "14" in Int. - the social RP still makes sense.

If Rain and Variel are willing to assist – I am pleased.

Naturally during this entire procedure I intend to conduct myself the way I did work with my uncle: Discipline, focus, duty, and absolute commitment to the task. Acting like a member of the “Royal Navy” of Sargava is generally going to impress the captain more (I’d hope) – but, realistically, you don’t work on these kind of projects with a slip-shod attitude. It’s just too dangerous for my taste (rolls aside – that would be my character’s attitude for RP).

Next –

During the work I will ask Variel if he thought it was possible to get me the gear I needed. While not on the list, I figured that fish oil, and an extra length of rope shouldn’t be impossible; though I guess I can forgo the cooking kit, if needed.

Next –

Valeros: It seems retcon may be the best means to get this done. Very good – I’ll send you a Private Message to get the ball rolling so you won’t need to track it down on the board. Than we can go from there (it should be up by the end of the night, but as you're out of town and I'm bit busy - it will take a little bit to get posted).

As I see it, although our character’s may butt heads at this time; I see no reason for us to continue to do that, as (eventually) we’re all supposed to be working together. The question is: how do we get from Point A to B. I think that basically it’s just a matter of RP, so look for the question/post soon in your Inbox.

To the GM

Two things – do you need “Craft: Carpentry” rolls from me, and “Aid Rolls” from those who assist me (anyone who rolls to “Aid” – Craft can be used untrained; it is just an “Int.” check). Or is it assumed it is completed in three days? And, if I roll – will that speed up the process and do good work?

Also I sent you a Private Message about a question on how a rule works. When your read it, please let me know how it works. I’m sorry for tossing a lot on your plate, and I hope you have a great day.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

@GM So is that basically what I find out over the course of the whole three days, or do i get the idea that I'm sunk by say day two or three. In the latter case, Dhaavan will ask Sandara and Rosie whom most likely trust him most, to try to counter Tate's influence.

GM:
Arguments against Tate's statements
Rosie: Dhaavan knew revealing he had magic would be dangerous, and with the blight Peppery used on him casting was difficult, but the moment Rosie went overboard he was sending a bird with a rope to her, in order to save her.

[Sandara:[/b] Dhaavan met Sandara on his forst day on the boat, and he's never once tried to manipulate her, all their actions honest and straight-forward, and Dhaavan swears that he hasn't used magic on anyone, save Tate, since without it there's no way the the hard-headed dwarf would even give Dhaavan the time of day and would rather remain enemies.

Shivikah: Dhaavan also wants to make sure Shivikah doesn't think she was seduced by magical compulsion. He'll want to convince her that everything between them was simple and straightforward. That using magical compulsions to bed someone is utterly unappealing to Dhaavan and if that's suggested he is mildly insulted by the accusation. That said he doesn't seem to feel well, not feel like himself these days and he's not really sure what's wrong, but he's clearly somewhat sick at this point. Grrrrr shakes fist at Longfarthing


I'd say by the end of day two/beginning of day three you get the impression that you need some help to win back some of the crew.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

GM:
So at that point can Dhaavan try to get Sandara and Rosie to vouch for him on night 2/day 3, then Night 3 he talks to Shivikah. He still tries to craft, but that sort of requires people to trust him enough to come to the table for some art. While sitting in a public setting, that may be less of an issue, but if nobody's there to do Tatts for then no -6 to my rolls and i got a 31 dip roll for my Night 3 action with shivikah.

This is just NPC stuff tho. PC interaction to come soonish...


Dhaavan: You are still doing tatts for the people who are friendly/helpful. They are just a bit wary of taking what you say at face value. It is more the indifferent/unfriendly/hostile people that are actively avoiding you.

1,551 to 1,600 of 8,093 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.