Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


1,401 to 1,450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Jack's Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24If allowed. Dunno if that means i can act this round... but if the bird saw them, he'd shriek a warning to Dhaavan.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Dhaavan: I would give you the +2 for Jack "Aiding" you but it won't matter. He can act though if there is anything you want him to do.

Valeros: That misses so you lose 1 strength.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

This is going to hurt having them go twice before almost everyone else. Flatfooted and some already grappled. Not a good situation.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

No real action for jack to take so he crawls into Dhaavan's shirt nad hides as a move action.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay - two quick questions - First - why is Rain so far away from both Variel and myself, if she was intentionally standing near both of us; or least near me, and Variel near Rain? She was standing, and you have her in 20 feet of water which doesn't make any sense.

Second - if Rain went on the Surprise Round - as she should be able to - that would/could mean that her action, by default, would derail some of the actions that you took. Her move could theoretically force a "Ret-Con" action - for example, if she was at 8:N - she may have been able to cause the crab to attack her, and given Jiro an attack of opportunity; or Variel, or myself. This makes little sense to me to allow her to go first via surprise, but have the crabs go first.

Also, it may make a significant difference - but today is Saturday in Oz, which means that it is likely Rain won't be able to post until later, if at all - because she will be with family. I might be wrong though; but that is something you may want to check on, as her action would have a potentially dramatic impact on what happens next.

In any case, since at this point I'm hit (depending on what Rain may do), I will roll my Fortitude Roll.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

I don't know if that Fortitude Roll succeeds, or not. Please let me know as if it fails I lose Strength. Please let me know - thank you.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

One thing to note is even if Rain did something to make a crab provoke, since everyone else is flat footed, unless they have the specific feat I can't think of right now they wouldn't have been able to do anything anyways. So her surprise round action wouldn't really do much for the rest of us directly.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Valeros Jaloksin wrote:
One thing to note is even if Rain did something to make a crab provoke, since everyone else is flat footed, unless they have the specific feat I can't think of right now they wouldn't have been able to do anything anyways. So her surprise round action wouldn't really do much for the rest of us directly.

Ah - touche! But this does bring an interesting point, though. When doing combat when a person is not available - say; if they're going to be out of town; or gone for the weekend, or whatever - is there some sort of "buddy system" we can set up on the Discussion Thread so if a person can't be there for the weekend, they can have another play take their action for them?

If I'm right and Rain can't post this weekend, that would be a bit frustrating. However - she may still be able to, I'm just guessing there. Either way, she might have someone in mind other then the GM to play out her actions. The same applies to everyone. Is this something people are interested in doing - that is; setting a up system if you can't make it to post, someone else could take over for you?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

her init is still after the crabs, so even if she could try to provoke one, they still would get their initial attacks as made. She simply gets to act between their surprise actions and their 1st round actions... and now that they've acted, she's no longer flat-footed which the rest of us are.

i'm fine with the GM taking my actions for me if I'm going to be away, which I would let him know if that were going to happen, assuming I had advance warning.


Horatio you succeed at your fort save so no strength loss for you. As far as where she is positioned, I put her there for a few reasons. 1. is that you all were diving for crabs and such when the creatures attacked. As such you were spread out going for crabs. 2. as far as her "standing next to you" based upon the map which obviously she didnt have at the time, there was no place that she could have done that and have you all be standing. There were only a few scattered places as evidenced by the map. Also Seijiro is right, she goes on the average initiative with the rest of you but gets to act in the surprise round unlike the rest of you. The order is correct, Creatures - Rain - Creatures - you all. Please let me know if you all have any other questions.


Also if someone wants to go for Rain, they can go for her. Horatio would probably be the best person. Just FYI remember the rules on slashing weapons so it might be a good idea to pull a better weapon...like the one strapped to her back lol.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

It's okay - I was just confused. Now that things are explained - it is formally Rain's turn - then the Crabs - then our turn. That's fine - I'm just waiting for my turn, then.

One quick question, though, before I take action - are we using standard combat rules, or the underwater rules for this? It will likely make a difference on what I do. Thank you.


Underwater rules. Even for those of you on the 5' because it is chest level which amounts to the same thing so everyone is using the underwater rules.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Acting for Rain

Okay – Rain needs to make a successful swim check – here is where this gets tricky; and begs a question; if she succeeds that ¼ move speed. How much is that for base thirty feet?

However, for now Rain has her Trident on her back – drawing it is a “Move Action”. If she draws it and moves - a second move action - she can only move 1/4 speed while in water and can't attack until next round.

For now she will wait until next round to draw it as a move action when flanking with Jiro – and then, after her Move Action to draw it, then take her attack Action.

For now she will take a “full move action” to flank with Jiro after her swim check.

Swim Check
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

I believe in Calm Water that the DC to swim is 10 – but I could be in error. If there is a penalty in combat, please let me know, I will do what I can to correct it.


Answering your questions. 5', you are correct. Anyone that did not make a knowledge check last round can try now. You cannot retry though so if you've already tried you are SOL.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Hey I'm at a wedding and dunno when I'll be posting next.

action:

Cast SM 1
Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
To cast in the water. DC 16 or something whenever my action is


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Cool - so with her completed swim check, she is able to move "half speed" - which is 15 feet. She is currently next to Jiro and therefore provides him the Flanking Bonus he will probably want for Sneak Attack (if he uses it).

The real question is - and this will be important later, I would guess - how does "diagonal movement" work? In other words - if the crab was 5 feet below Jiro - and Rain was 10 feet below the crab - she could have moved over by 10 feet on the map, and be flanking the enemy from a diagonal angle with Jiro - even as two other allies flank the enemy - one from above the crab with Jiro - and one horizontal to Jiro.

That sounds confusing, but it is the same difficulty for combat in flight. There should probably be rules somewhere for multiple levels of attack - but I don't know where they are. And I guess for now it is the crabs turn.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko has just caught a particularly large crab and wonders who's doing all this splashing around. Probably Dhaavan trying to show off...

He spares a csual glance over and is stunned to the group being attack by...

K: Nature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

...eel thingies. The crab takes this opportunity to poke him in the hand and Sko, startled again, turns back around dropping the crab.


The demonic looking crab things shot out of the coral at your group. Catching most of you by surprise, Rain shouts out a warning just as you are hit. Horatio is pierced in the forearm by one of the creatures pincers. Valeros is hit just as hard and the creature clamps its pincer around his good leg and injecting a venom that causes his muscles to start to twitch and go weak. Rain moves over to help Seijiro but the water causes her to be unable to do more than move.

Reefclaw Round 1 actions!

RC 1 Attack 1 on Valeros

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 vs Flat-footed AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 1 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 1 strength.

RC 1 Attack 2 on Valeros

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 vs Flat-footed AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 1 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 strength.

Fumble causes RC to lose his grapple on Valeros
-------------------------------------------

RC 2 Attack 1 on Horatio

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 vs Flat-footed AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 4 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 1 strength.

RC 2 Attack 2 on Horatio

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 vs Flat-footed AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 1 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 strength.

-------------------------------------------

RC 3 Attack 1 on Seijiro

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 vs Flat-footed AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 4 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 strength.

RC 3 Attack 2 on Rain

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 2 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 strength.

-------------------------------------------

Grab and initiate grapple on Valeros.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 vs Valeros CMD

Valeros is Grappled before the creature knocks its own claw off with it's second attempted strike.

-------------------------------------------

Grab and initiate grapple on Horatio.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 vs Valeros CMD

Horatio is Grappled.

-------------------------------------------

Grab and initiate grapple on Seijiro.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 vs Seijiro CMD

Seijiro is Grappled.

-------------------------------------------

Total Damage Sustained and rolls needed:
Valeros: 2 damage and 1 Strength damage (need to make 2 additional fort Saves vs poison - one from last round carrying over to this round and the one from this round)
Horatio: 9 damage and 0 Strength damage (need to make 2 additional fort saves vs poison)
Seijiro: 4 Damage and need to make a Fort save vs poison


Sko wrote:
...eel thingies.

LMAO!


Need saves and actions as it is your turn! Kick some ASS and save your...well not friends but close...no that doesn't fit either...SAVE YOUR ACQUAINTANCES!

Dhaavan begins gurgling underwater and moving his hands around strangely.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

So that I'm clear - what is the policy for making new characters?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Okay then;

Rain will draw her trident as a “Move Action” – then she will attack the crab in front of her – with bonuses to flank with Jiro. As the trident is a piercing weapon; she should have no penalty to her attack.

Attack Roll
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

Attack Modifier
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Sorry – didn’t know what I could do – if anything; so it took me a moment to research.

For now, as I struggle, I will attempt to make a Concentration Check to cast “Cure Light Wounds” on myself via the Grappled Rule.

I am not sure what the CMB for these things are; if it gets a bonus or penalty to Grapple or not. However – for now I will use “Archeologists Luck” as a “Swift Action” to gain a +1 Bonus to my Check.

Concentration Check –
1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22

IF I succeed
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Okay, I'll make the Fortitude Save - to see what happens next; if anything.

Fortitude Save 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Fortitude Save 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro does his best to wriggle free of the claw, still bearing one dagger in his teeth... he grabs the dagger and arms himself to prepare for his next action.

escape artist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Feeling poison seep into the wound, he grits his teeth and steels himself against the effects of the nasty stuff.

fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Horatio's at 9 hp right now, correct?

Sko goes into Shark shape as a standard action and then moves to J5.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

I must have missed something; where's that extra damage coming from? You took 9 damage from the two rounds of attacks dropping you to 6 of which 3 are possibly healed. I keep looking back at the posts and keep coming up with 9/6 rather than 4/1; what am I missing?


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Damn it, Sko! You're missing my general stupidity here! For gods' sake - when I read a series of collective Damage and see my name, I naturally assume the collective damage is all on me, not the group! :)

So, yeah - sorry - my mistake. The GM did a collective damage for "nine"; and I added it to the damage he did that round, hence my confusion.

In which case I suffered a total of 9 damage - and potentially healed for 3; this would mean I have a total of either 6 - possibly 9 - depending on the Concentration Check.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

While I'm at it - if the creature that is grappling Jiro is Grappling him before Rain attacked, then I believe it also suffers the penalty of Grapple. That means that the Crab is also considered "Grappled" for purposes of penalties. This means that it is at a -4 to Dex - and therefore a -2 to AC - which means Rain should have hit it and done damage.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

hopefully I am reading this right and grappling someone prevents AoO.

Swim check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Seeing his 'acquaintances' being attack all around him, Variel quickly swims over to help Seijiro and Rain. Pulling his dagger as he moves Variel is ready to set upon the creature from below Jiro. Upon reaching the crabstrosity Variel works on casting a spell to aid the damage he can do. just before he targets the creature with his dagger a flow of energy sheaths the dagger making it more deadly and accurate

Swift action to use arcane pool: dagger considered +1
Standard to Cast frostbite and attack with spellstrike
attack roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 +2 if flanking with Rain
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Nonlethal cold damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 + fatigued until no lethal is removed


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

hopefully I am reading this right and grappling someone prevents AoO.

Swim check d20+10

Seeing his acquaintances being attack all around him, Variel quickly swims over to help Seijiro and Rain. Pulling his dagger as he moves Variel is ready to set upon the creature from below Jiro. Upon reaching the crabstrosity Variel works on casting a spell to aid the damage he can do. just before he targets the creature with his dagger a flow of energy sheaths the dagger making it more deadly and accurate

Swift action to use arcane pool: dagger considered +1
Standard to Cast frostbite and attack with spellstrike
attack roll d20+4 +2 if flanking with Rain
Damage d4+3
Subdual damage d8

Nicely done! That probably drops it unconscious; and than to the bottom of the reefs - 20 feet below, and it would likely let Jiro go, too, if it falls... Remember; a creature grappling another creature sufferes the same penalty of being grappled, too. So good times!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro may be free already - I got a 19 on my escape artist check...

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

If Seijiro is free would it be possible to change targets and go after the crab grappling Valeros? If not I understand. Also just realized I can't be below Jiro so moved on the map accordingly depending on who I am attacking. Sorry forthe either or Immortal.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Good times indeed, Jiro! Depending on what Valeros does next - and Dhaavan - this may be wrapped up in round 3 at the latest - maybe.

If I was Dhaavan - I'd tap in a Fiendish Dolphin at 10:I to flank with Valeros and attack the Crab. Meantime Dhaavan has "Augment Summoning" so that's something handy as he is summoning.

Depending on if the crab next to Rain/Jiro/Variel falls this round, as per Rain's PM Request, - I'll have Rain use her "Freebooter" thing next round on the toughest Crab.

GM: is it possible for someone to take Dhaavan's action as he'll be at wedding tomorrow? I know you'll be busy, too - and Valeros normally is busy on weekends - so it may be Sunday before this thing gets resolved...

Damn!

Oh well, I'll just have to be patient.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
If Seijiro is free would it be possible to change targets and go after the crab grappling Valeros? If not I understand.

Variel

It seems unlikely on you attacking the creature by Valeros, though you can try if you want' depending on where you where to begin with.

But for underwater combat, you can move 1/4 your distance as a "move action" - and only 1/2 your distance as a "full round action".

The GM said that if you can move 30 feet - that means that 1/4 speed is only 5 feet. If you want to move and attack you can only move 5 feet from your original position.

Here's the fun rules on it -

Underwater Combat


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

variel - Seijiro was grappled at the start of this round - I just made that roll to break free this round, but since our GM has family obligations and what not, we won't have results of all these actions until he gets back... essentially we are kinda in the dark here.

also, I have a d&d game face to face tomorrow from 10-4 pst so I will be away from the computer most of that time. just a heads up... may be a moot point with the gm out too... just saying

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

missed that as well . Was going with difficult instead of 1/4 speed. ok still attacking the one Jiro was locked onto. Never mind the previous post.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:
missed that as well . Was going with difficult instead of 1/4 speed. ok still attacking the one Jiro was locked onto. Never mind the previous post.

It actually turns out to be better. If these things are from standard rules - then it means that Rain hit on her turn as the thing was grappling Jiro and had a penalty to it's AC, so your hit should probably drop it completely - meaning that Jiro and Rain can split off on to the other creatures respectively.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Sup, posting from phone. So summoning is a 1 round casting time, so Dhaavan has already spent his first round casting, round 2 we'll get flipper from hell, and it'll kick so crabass! But the crabs get to go again before it shows up. It'll likely pop in a flanking position and attack. I got my phone charged, so I can post my action

GM: dhaavan gurgles and wiggles his arma around. But he concentrates REALLY harg on gurgling... that was beautiful, btw. Thank you for that


Rain manages to get a solid stab into the creature, distracting it momentarily and allowing Seijiro to wriggle free of its pincer. Also, in doing so Seijiro manages to avoid getting most of the poison into him.

Seijiro succeeded on his Fort save so no poison damage.

Horatio gets a hand free and lays it upon his leg where the creature is clutching him, summoning a glow of healing energy that causes some of his wounds to knit together.

Horatio, you made the first save but failed the second so you take 2 Strength damage from the poison.

Variel, seeing Seijiro in trouble, swims over quickly and stabs his dagger down into the Reefclaw, summoning his magic to send a surge of cold damage into the creature. Unfortunately, the cold damage seems to have absolutely no effect on the creature and it remains fighting.


Valeros, looks at the creature with malice in his eyes and speaks a word of command to the creature, saying FLEE!

Valeros casts defensively 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 to cast Command on Reefclaw 1 telling it to Flee for 1 round. Reefclaw will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The creature turns and flees away from Valeros at all speed but not before swiping at Valeros. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 1d4 ⇒ 1

Concentration to keep spell 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 and he keeps spell.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
DM Immortal wrote:

Valeros, looks at the creature with malice in his eyes and speaks a word of command to the creature, saying FLEE!

Valeros casts defensively 1d20+6 to cast Command on Reefclaw 1 telling it to Flee for 1 round. Reefclaw will save 1d20+4

The creature turns and flees away from Valeros at all speed but not before swiping at Valeros. 1d20+2 1d4

Concentration to keep spell 1d20+6 and he keeps spell.

Quick Question - Rain hit it for 5; although Variel did not kill the creature with his dagger; and the cold damage is negated, didn't it still do regular damage for a total of 7 points - meaning it would have suffered 12 altogether? Not trying to be nit-picky - just trying to figure out if the dagger hurt it at all, never mind the cold damage.


Male Gillman Oracle (Waves) 4; AC 14 (T 11, FF13) / HP: 34/34 / F +4, R +3, W +5 / Init: +1 / Percep: +0

Fort saves: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Immortal, totally fine with you running me as needed, especially on the weekends and Command was a good call. As another option I'm usually fond of, you can use my Wintry Touch ability. Stats are +3 melee touch attack for 1d6+1 cold damage that can be used 6 times a day. The melee attack bonus would of course be impacted by the Str damage I've taken but the damage roll is magical in nature and unaffected by it.

Updated my sheet with the normal damage and the Str damage from last time. Don't know what the DC is for the save so I'll update for the above rolls when I find out the results.

Also, quick request. When you post the baddies actions, could you include another link to the map? I find it's getting lost in the amount of posts we have and then I gotta go searching for it which is a pain. If not, no worries. Just thought I'd ask.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Valeros - here is the most updated map link: Current Combat Map. I hope it helps.

Meanwhile, I think everyone went - now it is time for crabby's to act. Also - what is current Crab Situation in terms of Variel's to hit? Just curious; as I'm still NPC'ing Rain, and I need to figure out her action after the crabs go.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel hit for 7 damage but no cold damage or fatigue condition. 12 damage to RC3.

status:

AC: 14
HP: 16/16
AoO if needed at +4
-1dex from disease still


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Variel hit for 7 damage but no cold damage or fatigue condition. 12 damage to RC3.

** spoiler omitted **

Cool! Well, a lot of what will happens depends on the crabs.

However, it seems likely Rain will go first - as she is top of the Initiative Order. But can she? Will she be grappled, and so on? I don't know yet.

If she isn't grappled, and she hits this thing - chances are that her hit will end up killing it outright. Depending on that, it will change things dramatically for the rest of the combat.

Remember too, a creature who is grappling another suffers the same penalty for being grappled.

In other words - the creature grappling me suffers the penalties to AC, and attack damage. This could prove very handy soon.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

You don't suffer damage penalty for damage. Only attack rolls


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

Sorry I wrote that wrong.

The creature - while grappling me - cannot attack you, unless it breaks the grapple. So you should all be relatively safe, while it grapples me.

Also, it looses Dexterity Modifiers as well as AC modifiers; because it is grappling me - making it easy to hit, I would think. Depending on what happens next - and where the gang ends up - this could be taken care of easily. It's just a matter of seeing what they do next - and then we can act.


Round 2!

The Reefclaws continue their frenzied attacks. Reefclaw 1 moved away from Valeros (should have happened on it's turn now but I moved it on Valeros's turn, didn't have an effect on anything right now though.)

Reefclaw Round 1 actions!

-------------------------------------------

The reefclaw on Horatio releases the grapple on Horatio as a free action in order to try and finish him off and help his broodmates.

Reefclaw 2 Attack 1 on Horatio

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 vs CMD

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 1 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 1 Strength.

Reefclaw 2 Attack 2 on Horatio

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 vs AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 2 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength.
-------------------------------------------

Reefclaw 3 Attack 1 on Rain

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 vs AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 3 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength.

Reefclaw 3 Attack 2 on Variel

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 vs AC

If hit, Damage

1d4 ⇒ 2 + need to make Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength.

-------------------------------------------

Horatio: I need you to make two more Fort saves. One for the continued effects of the poison from last round and one for the new poison from this round. Also due to the fact that you have multiple doses in your system your DC is +2 so you need to make two DC 15 saves instead of the normal 13.

Good guys go! Dhaavan your [insert appropriate monster here] shows up. Also, please remember to provide description of your actions/spells/abilities with your crunchy bits.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 3 (AC: 15,12,13; HP: 24; Saves 4,3,4; Init +2, perc +7)

Variel continues to punish the reef claw in front of him. Hopefully the three of them can finish it this round so they can turn their attentions towards one of the others attacking the group. Taking the opportunity to thrust after the claw missed him. Variel plunges the spelled dagger into a weak area of the carapace nearly separating one of the claws. Cold seeps in from the wound as the creature feels sluggish and slow to respond from its impending death.

2nd attack with frostbite dagger +1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lethal damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
nonlethal cold 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Crit confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Lethal damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
nonlethal cold 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Hoping the dagger thrust finishes the creature Variel turns and moves 5ft towards the combat of Flynn and the shark.

If that confirms wow, 10 damage and 16 cold nonlethal and fatigued. That should take it out of the fight or we are in serious trouble.

1,401 to 1,450 of 8,093 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.