Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign

Game Master imimrtl

Current Map.


1 to 50 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Your eyes flutter open at the sounds of gulls and the feel of gentle rocking. Attempting to clear away the cobwebs that engulf your mind, your thoughts go back to last night and the events come to you in a haze of alcohol and pain. Looking around you see you are not alone in this large dark room lightly strewn with various sacks and barrels. You are each securely tied at the hands with strips of hemp rope and then tied to one of tall supports throughout the room.

As your mind struggles to free itself, on questions bubbles to the front...Where in the nine hells am I?!? As you begin to get a bit of clarity you remember with horror the final moments of the previous night.

Seijiro:
The sea had been calling to you throughout the night while drinking and making merry in the Formidably Maid. You had met some new acquaintances but were sure you would probably forget about them by morning as you had numerous times before. After a while you could resist no longer and needed the peace and tranquility of the nighttime sea. Excusing yourself and declining offers of another round, you head down to the docks and sit on the end of the pier, your toes dangling into the dark water. Hearing a creak behind you, you begin to turn when you feel a burst of pain at the base of your skull and then you feel a splash of water and sink into the abyss of unconsciousness.

Horatio Flynn:
You were beginning to become a bit annoyed. The conversation of the last few hours which had so stimulated your keen mind had descended into drunken singing and debauchery. Now, you enjoy dandling a lass on your knee as much as the next man but some of the goings on in this establishment were enough to make even you blush. Deciding that discretion was the better part of valor you excuse yourself not long after the young one named Seijiro left. The last glass of port seems to have been stronger than you thought for you find yourself swaying a bit more than you should from the few glasses you had. You wander down towards the sea to breathe in the salt air to clear your head before heading back to your room when you see two men hauling a limp woman from the water down at the end of the dock. Throwing the woman over his shoulder the rough looking man grins at his partner. You hear some disgusting remarks regarding the woman's "value" and it spurs you to action. You pull your pistol and rush forward down the alley they went down with her. It is at that point you see a club swinging down from an open doorway to your right that you hadn't seen and connecting with a solid thunk into your skull. The last thing that goes through your mind before you lose consciousness is that they ripped your beautiful frock coat when you fell.

Dhaavan & Rain:
The two of you spend your time drinking and talking long into the night. At some point one of you suggested a drinking contest and since your inhibitions were already lowered at this point decided, why not? You are not sure how many tankards of rum you went through when you passed out but you do recall vaguely some hands pulling you roughly from the floor where you were sleeping, dreaming the peaceful dreams of the heavily inebriated. You vaguely recall your head thumping along a gangplank before you completely succumbed.

Valeros Jaloksin:
Despite the fact that you were at the Formidably Maid when all the others were, you had drunk yourself into a stupor long before everyone else had arrived. Passed out on a table near the kitchens, you didn't even stir when you were thrown into the alley with the garbage at closing, your peg leg banging against the cobblestone. You aren't sure but you think that someone woke you and offered a place to sleep for the night...not realizing that he meant in the hold of a ship you murmured a thanks...and proceeded to pass out again in his arms.

Variel Nightstorm:
After a night of dancing, wine, women and song, the others began to retire to your dismay. You pleaded with them to stay and have another drink or another dance but everyone eventually left. You began talking to some of the other patrons, a glass of sweet rum in hand when you began to feel an extremely warm buzzing sensation creeping through your veins. Slurring your speech badly, the young woman you were talking to rolled her eyes at your obvious drunkenness before walking away much to your chagrin. You feel like you haven't had enough to have this sort of reaction when you begin to feel your eyes shut of their own accord. A moment of panic sets in as you see a hard faced man chuckle as he finishes his drink and approaches you...just as you pass into oblivion.

Sko:
You were one of the last to leave the Formidably Maid, having seen a few "recruitments" occur but not wanting to get involved and start a fight so soon after arriving in port you left it alone and decided to leave. Walking outside into the muggy night air you started feeling woozy after several steps towards your berth for the night. Feeling you must have drank more than you thought you see the gillman you had met earlier being half dragged half carried towards a waiting ship. Noticing you a couple of toughs turn in your direction. Turning to flee, you manage to get another few steps before you fall to your knees, sure you had been poisoned and set up. A sharp pain and blackness then greet you.

Welcome to Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign! I am so excited to have all of you and here we go!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro wakes and struggles against the bonds that hold him even while he takes in his dismal surroundings. He wrinkles his nose at the stench of sweat and liquor mixed with the musty smell of the enclosed hold. Slowly awareness blooms in his mind as he recalls the events of last night and the pain in the back of his head brings back the vaguest idea of what happened.

Instead of struggling feebly, he makes a concerted and careful effort to free himself from the ropes binding him.

escape artist 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Frustrated at his inability to get free, he again looks around the room and realizes others are waking up as well and he makes sure he is still in human form. Then it dawns on him that his fox form has thinner wrists and hands and slips into fox form hoping others won't see in the dim light. He tries again to free himself.

escape artist, perhaps with some circumstance bonus DM? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

The first few sounds of the new ?morning? bring a slight smile to Variel's face. It is the smile of fond remembrance and enjoyment of the night before. For a few moments, the peace remains even with a nagging feeling that something isn't quite right. It isn't until the ship creaks and sways that Variel's concern forces him into full wakefulness. Where in the nine hells am I?!? Even this wakefulness is dulled from the night before. Whether its from the drink, dancing, the late night, or something else it still seems as though a slight haze clouds his eyes.

Taking his time before alerting anyone to the knowledge that he was awake, Variel slowly opens his eyes barely enough to look around the room. Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Making out the forms of others next to him, Variel is surprised to see the elven woman Rain among the fellow captives. Who the others were Variel wasn't too sure. Some of them looked familiar but that could be the drink talking.

Feeling the bonds around him, Variel tries to take stock of his situation: equipment, spells, mental status, and health.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

"Well this is a fine 'how do you do' isn't it," Dhaavan says with a groan. "FIre o' the nine consume it, my head bloody Hurts. Ugh."

Dhaavan's head screams from too much drink and not enough water. A lack of experience taking its toll on the young man. He calms himself, trying to get past the headache, the bindings, and the fur and sweaty folks . He looks around trying to figure out if he has any of his belongings, or his wrist sheath with a hidden dagger in it.

Looking into the dark, he asks "What who's out there? Anybody got any idea what's going on here?"
How would Acid orb interact with the ropes, if he conjures it while he's bound. 3/day SLA so he can do it tied up, so can he try to drip acid to burn the ropes away?

Does he catch any particularly strong emotions from his familiar? Is jack scaired, annoyed, calm? Dhaavan tends to use Jack to assess situations and the bird s a little more in touch with the world (15 vs 10 wisdom)

whispered infernal:
"Jack? Wake up ya damn bird! Where the hell were you when this was happening? Letting me get nabbed, some friend you are. Oh well. Wait there till i get a better handle on what's going on." Dhaavan looks around 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 to look for others, not tied up, that could potentially be hostile. If he sees none, Jack wriggles our of the neck of his shirt and takes a look around, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 and whispers his findings in Infernal.


I'm going to let everyone chime in with their reactions to waking up before I respond. Awesome that you all were so quick!


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Muffled sounds reach her ears first. Then a loud complaint somewhere near her. She growls out in unladylike manner, "Whoever is shouting better shut up." The effort to speak, even in low growl, makes her head pound. The pain seems to be situated mostly on one side and she wonders briefly if her head's been hit. She licks her dry lips and feels the cotton in her mouth; Water, I need water, when fragments of last night's wildness start coming back and assailing her dim memory.

Rain tries to move but finds she can't. Her hands are bound and this does not make her happy. She tugs at the rope, hemp by the firm feel of it against her skin. Another low, dangerous growl ensues. She is not ready to speak just yet, anger flooding her entire being for she despises being bound. If I get my hands on the one who did this, I will show them how angry the ocean can truly get, she vows silently before a wave of dizziness overcomes her.

After a moment or two, and in better control of her senses and stomach, Rain attempts to open her eyes. Everything is hazy at first but that could be the effects of the alcohol still swimming in her veins. Damn that little man, Dhaavan, and his rum! I should have stuck with the wine.

Trying to get her bearings and now feeling the sway beneath her, it dawns on her that she may not be on land anymore.

Rain looks around her, trying to see where she is and who is with her, since she did hear someone complaining loudly moments before.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Clearly not he thinks in response to his own question. "Sorry," he whispers to the annoyed elven woman.

More whispered infernal:
"Keep it down Jack, that elf from yesterday sounds angry, and you don't want someone like her mad at you. Wonder who else from the tavern's ended up here, and where exactly here is."

I'll bet we're on a pirate ship, if my luck's any indication. There is an audible sign as Dhaavan contemplates his fate. forgot to ask before, but he also checks for spell components pouch.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

My head clears, and my eyes focus.

I pause to take in the room around me and consider things.

Observations:

Hmm… good news; bad news.

Firstly; the good news. My companions are a widely mixed company. Male, female, aristo’s and warriors; this suggests that our abductors had no specific purpose other than to grab a quick series of bodies. This is useful information – it means whoever wanted us didn’t take us for a complex or specific purpose – it seems unlikely such mixed company would be sold into a brothel, or used for some dark sacrifice – such things typically demand a specific need. Everyone must be a virgin, everyone must be born on auspicious day – that sort of thing.

No... Unless I'm wrong, we were simply taken because we were too close to a tavern near the water and – based on the fact that I drank sparingly that night – it is a safe bet that my drink was drugged.

Thus – the bad news.

It seems likely that, if my drink was drugged then I was rolled - that the bartender overheard who we were - added what drugs were needed to force this effect - and then indicated who we were to the appropriate thugs that took us. Which means they may already know something of who we are, and what we can do...

But in either case, it seems likely that we were taken by a press gang; a ship needed extra hands on their vessel and took us for that purpose. This could be grim business – such ships have a high “turnover rate” for their crew, and constantly attempting to refresh their own men. This suggests we are in a dangerous situation, in which we’re likely to be pawns.

What to do?

Gulls – that means we’re still close to the coast – we could try to swim it, if we’re not that far to sea – but somehow I doubt that will be easy. Clearly any attempt to escape without knowing facts is foolish. If we suddenly rush forward, we can easily be cut down – who knows what is above us? And even if we succeed in overpowering the crew of this vessel – can any among us chart a course for home? We may have been out of it for a while. Damnation! We need information before we can act.

GM – first things first – I try to get a general feel for what is still on my person. Did they take everything? Am I still dressed in my same gear – what exactly do I have to work with on that front - and what exactly is around me in this room? I’ll take 20 on that Perception Check – as I’m not too distracted to look myself over, despite being bound.

Seeing the rest of the others, I lower my voice quietly and switch languages to Elven, as I can at least recognize the elf next to me and I am gambling that – perhaps – any off the scum that are near may not understand that language.

In Elven – but quietly:

”Lady – it seems we are the victims of foul play – do you posses any of your gear upon your person?”

Turning to look about, I assume that someone will eventually come down to give us an intimidating speech about our new duties. Until then – I shall remain as unobtrusive as possible. I must have information before I can act!


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Hearing the apology, Rain looks in the direction of the voice and enquires in quiet voice, "Dhaavan? I have a nasty headache and I am bound. My temper is foul. My apologies." The fury is still there but she has tempered it toward the short human she had met last night and drunk herself silly with.

Then a quiet Elven voice comes through the haze and dimness and she turns her head slowly trying to find the owner,

in quiet Elven:
"Flynn? I have not checked as I think I was hit on the head. Let me do so now."
Rain looks down to see if her weapons are still in place, not entirely sure their captors would have been so stupid as to leave them on their persons. Let us hope they were indeed stupid.

Perception to check for weapons, gear etc on my person: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 (argh. Least I'm consistent with my 17 perception roll. lol)


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

In elven:

"Anything could be useful - not just mere weapons... If you can find something on you that could assist - even if it is small... a glass, if broken, may be used to cut through the bonds - for example - and remember - you have all the time in the world for such a search - don't let things fall to luck; take the time you have to be careful so you do not miss anything."

My eyes flit over the others in the semi-darkness. At least two of them seem to still be unconscious- but clearly the others are awake.

"Ahoy - magi - that bird creature that is on you - can it be sent aloft to scout? Surely he is not bound - if he has not been noticed - he may be able to perceive what is going on above, then report back to us with details, eh?" I add with a hushed voice to the boy who sits near us that bragged about his powers so recently.

If this thrush is not an illusion - it may be able to assist in some information gathering.

I glance at the others - and see that it looks like the red-head and another elf are with us. I think there are two more - but I am not sure.

Shaking my head and attempting to clear the selfishness from it, I speak to the others in a slightly louder voice.

"Is everyone alright? Does anyone need any help - can something be done for the two over there - they have not yet moved."

If those two are seriously injured, then it is not my place to care overly much if our captives hear us. Instead - it is my duty to act, and to help. While true that the slight crack on my head was a modest injury - the others may have suffered worse.

An injury to the skull could result in hemorrhaging on the brain and possibly permanent damage to the mind.

"Again - does anyone need help? Is everyone alright? Does anyone know what has happened to two that have not yet spoken? I cannot see them from here - and their silence worries me," I add, hoping that everyone is alright, and wondering what help I can even really offer if someone is, in fact, injured?

Nevertheless - it is my job to find out, and help if I can. So for now, I shall try my best.


All of you can see that you have none of your gear upon you. You are all wearing the clothes you had on last night and nothing else. It appears as if all of your gear has been taken. Horatio you do spot a satchel that looks like your healers kit in a corner but it is too far away from you to reach. The only other things of note in the room are a series of what look like footlockers along the walls, not uncommon for what one would use for personal storage on a ship.

As far as status of spells and such, anyone that has cantrips still has the cantrips available as well as any spell-like-abilities. As far as mental and physical status, other than a splitting headache and general crappy feeling from being hungover you are all fine.

Seijiro:
You are able to slip out of your bonds in your fox form.

Dhaavan:
You can use acid orb on the ropes. It will take all three castings to get free.


Dhaavan, Jack pulls off of your skin with a familiar tugging sensation and perches on your shoulder. Looking at you reproachfully he says

Infernal:
My fault?!? If you hadn't fallen for a cute pair of eyes and gotten so blithering drunk I could feel the rum SEEPING THROUGH YOUR SKIN, then maybe we wouldn't be in this mess!


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

The hiss and grate of the language fairly burns my ears. I do not know what it is the two of them converse in - this human and the bird - but I sense a darkness in it.

Even so - as they talk, I repeat my suggestion - perhaps a bit louder this time.

"Magi - if you will not have your bird scout aloft - can you at least look to the others and check their status? They may be injured!"

While it is true that I myself am fine - I have no idea how the others are doing, and they have said little on the subject. A good sign, I hope - even so... I would be remiss in my duties if I did not take action.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I... I'm okay... I guess... under the circumstances... I'm alive anyway, and it feels like we're onboard a ship and underway if I feel the pitch and yaw of a ship aright... Seems like we've all been shanghaied for some reason. But if they intend to put us to work, tying us up is a strange way to do it. 'm Seijiro... who are you all?"

Seijiro sighs and checks for his belongings, to see what if anything, they've left him with. He assumes his weapons are gone, but maybe they missed the things he had tucked into his haramaki. He curses softly in Minkaian when he realizes they've taken everything.

He quickly resumes his human form and crawls over to the closest captive (DM I'll let you figure out who that is) to try to free him or her. He whispers softly in common "Shhh... don't say anything, I'll try to free you, and then we can get the others free as well."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"While you are likely correct about being put to work - I have heard the mewls of gulls - we cannot be far from land... No doubt they wish us prisoner at least until we are on the open sea and far from the chance of rescue and escape."

I breathe a sigh of relief - thankful that this fellow seems alright. My mind tacks suddenly at to what matter of beast this creature is - but for now, I have other things to consider.

"I'm Hora... call me Flynn - what is your name," I add, glancing at the two other bodies that have not yet stirred.


As you are all talking and trying to figure out exactly what has happened, you hear boots thumping on stairs to one side of the room where a hatch is located that is currently securely closed.

Horatio:
The other two look fine they just haven't woken yet.

This will have happened after a couple of minutes of you all talking so you have a minute or two in game time more to chat but thats about it before this happens.

That's where I am going to leave it until Valeros and Sko check in. Great job so far everyone!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Seijiro... but you can call me 'Jiro if that's easier for you. Nice ta meetcha Flynn... tho the circumstances could be better."

Seijiro moves to free Flynn as his second target, since Flynn talked to him.

He whispers as he works on Flynn's ropes, "I managed to get free... You will be in a moment as well. Hang on a sec."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro hisses softly as he hears boots on the stairs... finishes untying Flynn, then slips back over to where he had been tied and sits down. Grabbing the ropes that had bound him, he slips them around his hands and pretends to still be tied up. He hopes the dim light hides a multitude of sins.

bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Calling upon the power granted by his Tattoo, Dhaavan conjures acid to burn away the ropes holding him. It sizzles as it drops from his fingers, eating through the hemp fibers, some dripping to the floors before sizzling out in a matter of seconds.

Dhaavan stands up wiping off his hands and rubbing his temples.

More inferanl:
I know, I know. I'm sorry Jack. Still you know you're the responsible one of the two of us. he whispers with a chuckle. Hey, fly on up to find a door, keep a look out so nobody comes in and surprises up yeah?

Dhaavan strolls over to the untie Rain. "Hey, Red, good to see you up too." he whispers, "Oye Doctor. Jack's over at the door. You feeling alright?


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Seijiro wrote:

Seijiro hisses softly as he hears boots on the stairs... finishes untying Flynn, then slips back over to where he had been tied and sits down. Grabbing the ropes that had bound him, he slips them around his hands and pretends to still be tied up. He hopes the dim light hides a multitude of sins.

bluff 1d20+1

When it seems like they'll be so rudely interrupted, Dhaavan hisses at Seijiro, "Hey, gimme a hand here with these, tie me up nice and loose before you go pretending to be bound yerself!" with a sense of urgency.

Infernal:
Jack, come on back. Don't want 'em seein you yet!


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Dhaavan, right? I remember you from the tavern... hssst... someone's coming... best be quick about untying her."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro gets up and slips over to Dhaavan and pretends to tie him very loosely - just enough so he looks bound, but isn't really. Then he goes back to pretending to be bound himself.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Seijiro wrote:
"Dhaavan, right? I remember you from the tavern... hssst... someone's coming... best be quick about untying her."

Having unbound Rain, Dhaavan offers to quickly re-tie the knots, "Want me to toss a loop around yer wrists for ya, so nobody gets ticked that you escaped, and messes up yer pretty face?"

He'd tie the ropes so she can slip them off effortlessly, just so it look like she's tied up.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:

Calling upon the power granted by his Tattoo, Dhaavan conjures acid to burn away the ropes holding him. It sizzles as it drops from his fingers, eating through the hemp fibers, some dripping to the floors before sizzling out in a matter of seconds.

Dhaavan stands up wiping off his hands and rubbing his temples.
** spoiler omitted **

Dhaavan strolls over to the untie Rain. "Hey, Red, good to see you up too." he whispers, "Oye Doctor. Jack's over at the door. You feeling alright?

"Aye, magi - I am feeling alright - my thanks."

"'Ware there - someone is coming... " I hiss at the sounds of the booted feet.

For myself I remain where I am. I have no intention of fighting anyone, even the villains who took us - until I know more about our situation.

Knowing that the others are alright and healthy eases my mind somewhat - though I would prefer to give them a proper examination.

Still, I lean back against the poll - watching the hatch - waiting to see what shall happen next...


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Dhaavan wrote:

Having unbound Rain, Dhaavan offers to quickly re-tie the knots, "Want me to toss a loop around yer wrists for ya, so nobody gets ticked that you escaped, and messes up yer pretty face?"

He'd tie the ropes so she can slip them off effortlessly, just so it look like she's tied up.

"Sure, make it look like it's firmly bound. I like my pretty face and would rather keep it awhile longer." She winks at Dhaavan. One would think her spirits had wholly returned but one would be wrong. She was simply waiting to beat the crap out of the person who bound her initially. That would make her feel better since her head was still pounding.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

Looks over at Jiro and quietly says, "I remember you from the tavern, Jiro. We spoke a few times", before falling silent and waiting to see who comes down the stairs.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

This can't be happening... Sko thinks refusing to open his eyes. All those years dodging the Red Mantis only to be taken in by a bunch of press gang morons.

He hears the others but still refuses to open his eyes. Must have been the bartender or one of the barmaids; no one would have wasted anything more complicated on a bunch of bar patrons. Sko etches the faces of the bartender and the servers in his mind so he won't forget.

He keeps his eyes shut and elects to do nothing for the time being. No point in wasting strength when they're already out to sea. Hearing someone coming towards them, Sko takes a steadying breath. The Ocean is patient with its vengeance.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Dhaavan wrote:

Calling upon the power granted by his Tattoo, Dhaavan conjures acid to burn away the ropes holding him. It sizzles as it drops from his fingers, eating through the hemp fibers, some dripping to the floors before sizzling out in a matter of seconds.

Dhaavan stands up wiping off his hands and rubbing his temples.
** spoiler omitted **

Dhaavan strolls over to the untie Rain. "Hey, Red, good to see you up too." he whispers, "Oye Doctor. Jack's over at the door. You feeling alright?

"I'm feeling alright, magi - my thanks."

"Ware there - someone is coming... " I hiss at the sounds of the booted feet.

For myself I remain where I am. I have no intention of fighting anyone, even the villains who took us - until I know more about our situation.

Knowing that the others are alright and healthy eases my mind somewhat - though I would prefer to give them a proper examination.

Still, I lean back against the poll - watching the hatch - waiting to see what shall happen next...

"You keep saying Magi like I'm some kind of sage. Heh." He shrugs, making a face as Jack burrows under his shirt, turning back into a tattoo.

"Alright folks, Play nice, and don't make a fuss. Remember where we are. their boat, their rules." Dhaavan sighs. Well, Here we are out on a boat, tied up and beat, Likely surrounded by seasoned vicious pirates. Hope none of these folks do anything reckless and get us all beaten or killed... Dammit, how did I not see this coming.

Whispered Infernal:
[i][b]Guess the Pirate Queen' meddling again. No rest for the wicked, eh Jack.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Dhaavan wrote:

Calling upon the power granted by his Tattoo, Dhaavan conjures acid to burn away the ropes holding him. It sizzles as it drops from his fingers, eating through the hemp fibers, some dripping to the floors before sizzling out in a matter of seconds.

Dhaavan stands up wiping off his hands and rubbing his temples.
** spoiler omitted **

Dhaavan strolls over to the untie Rain. "Hey, Red, good to see you up too." he whispers, "Oye Doctor. Jack's over at the door. You feeling alright?

"I'm feeling alright, magi - my thanks."

"Ware there - someone is coming... " I hiss at the sounds of the booted feet.

For myself I remain where I am. I have no intention of fighting anyone, even the villains who took us - until I know more about our situation.

Knowing that the others are alright and healthy eases my mind somewhat - though I would prefer to give them a proper examination.

Still, I lean back against the poll - watching the hatch - waiting to see what shall happen next...

"You keep saying Magi like I'm some kind of sage. Heh." He shrugs, making a face as Jack burrows under his shirt, turning back into a tattoo.

"I say magi as you never told me your name - and I know you have the powers of magic. No insult meant," I add softly, my eyes watching the hatch - wondering on the others in the hold - but now, simply curious to see what would happen next.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
"I say magi as you never told me your name - and I know you have the powers of magic. No insult meant," I add softly, my eyes watching the hatch - wondering on the others in the hold - but now, simply curious to see what would happen next.

"No insult took. Just think its funny is all." Dhaavan says, settling himself for their kidnapers next move.

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

In response to Flynn asking how everyone is...Yeah, I am fine and dandy trussed up here. Wherever here is. If I had a weapon and was free I would be a bit happier at the moment.

At the sound of the approaching footsteps, Variel falls silent again and waits for the impending doom. Just before they arrive he whispers in elven Good luck all. May the gods spare us.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

in Elven to Variel:

"Variel?, her tone hushed, Has someone loosened your bindings?"

Taldor

Male Elf Magus 1 (AC: 16,13,13; HP: 13; Saves 4,3,3; Init +3, perc +3)

Elven: No I am still fastened here to this beam. No, don't worry about it right now. Don't let them know that your free. If you get the chance free me after you have taken care of yourself. Better to have one of us gain the element of surprise than to risk both being caught.

What am I saying. I don't even know this woman and yet here I am already putting her before myself. She's gotten under my skin already. Well her and that other lass Sunny. Hmm, Rain after Sun or the other way around....idiot pay attention to wht's going on. Sounds like we will have company any second now.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
"I say magi as you never told me your name - and I know you have the powers of magic. No insult meant," I add softly, my eyes watching the hatch - wondering on the others in the hold - but now, simply curious to see what would happen next.
"No insult took. Just think its funny is all." Dhaavan says, settling himself for their kidnapers next move.

Hmm…

Doing my best to get comfortable in an intolerable situation, I ease my back a bit and continue to watch the hatch. Even so, I begin to speak to the magi

”Apologies – my own lack of directness often has negative repercussions,” I say somewhat absently – my attention focused elsewhere.

”The fact is – we have all been taken for the purpose of pressed labor by dangerous sorts who are likely to do us harm if we do not obey them. As we are all in the same predicament – it seems logical to stick together instead of standing opposed to each other,” I add quickly.

”As it stands – I have met, so far – the elven lass named “Rain” – as well as the elf “Variel”. Further – I met in passing the lad who spoke of sharks and the seas – this wounded fellow named “Sko” who is even now unconscious – and the red-head “Jiro”. You know my name is “Flynn” – but I do not know your name – nor the name of the other poor wretch who lies equally immobile. Further, as to that wretch – I have never seen him before; not at the tavern, nor during drinks; he may even be a threat – though I do not know it to be true. Meanwhile – it seems wise, as we are likely to have a common enemy, for us to stand together rather then play games with each other,” I continue.

”If you would have me for a friend – tell me your name so I know who my allies are – I would not be pressed to a corner with a knife to my throat and have to suspect even my comrades,” I say, turning to give the man with the magical powers a flat look.

It seems the boots are circling at best – and that there is no evidence that they are coming down the hatch soon… It may be a sentry – in which case, we may have some time….

”I recommend that we put pretense aside – that we are all equally upfront with other in what powers we may possess – and how we can help each other. Make no mistake – if we are captured by violent men who seek to do us harm, it will not be likely that we shall find help from them, and we’ll need all the help we can get, if we would survive.”

”For myself – if you do not know – I am a surgeon. My full name is Horatio Flynn – and I have skill with both mending flesh and bone, as well as some work on a ship. I am handy with a blade – and more sophisticated weaponry; such as firearms – weapons that use explosive powders to hurl iron or lead into the flesh of enemy, for whatever those skills are worth – they are at your disposal if we stand together when we need to.”


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

In response to Flynn asking how everyone is...Yeah, I am fine and dandy trussed up here. Wherever here is. If I had a weapon and was free I would be a bit happier at the moment.

At the sound of the approaching footsteps, Variel falls silent again and waits for the impending doom. Just before they arrive he whispers in elven Good luck all. May the gods spare us.

"Well you don't have one. And they will, and there are more of them than us. Keep that in mind" Dhaavan hisses quietly as he can.

Infernal:
[b][i]Jack, if you get a chance, fly over and bite through the other's bindings. But not before our company arrives. Stay hidden till then.


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
"I say magi as you never told me your name - and I know you have the powers of magic. No insult meant," I add softly, my eyes watching the hatch - wondering on the others in the hold - but now, simply curious to see what would happen next.
"No insult took. Just think its funny is all." Dhaavan says, settling himself for their kidnapers next move.

Hmm…

Doing my best to get comfortable in an intolerable situation, I ease my back a bit and continue to watch the hatch. Even so, I begin to speak to the magi

”Apologies – my own lack of directness often has negative repercussions,” I say somewhat absently – my attention focused elsewhere.

”The fact is – we have all been taken for the purpose of pressed labor by dangerous sorts who are likely to do us harm if we do not obey them. As we are all in the same predicament – it seems logical to stick together instead of standing opposed to each other,” I add quickly.

”As it stands – I have met, so far – the elven lass named “Rain” – as well as the elf “Variel”. Further – I met in passing the lad who spoke of sharks and the seas – this wounded fellow named “Sko” who is even now unconscious – and the red-head “Jiro”. You know my name is “Flynn” – but I do not know your name – nor the name of the other poor wretch who lies equally immobile. Further, as to that wretch – I have never seen him before; not at the tavern, nor during drinks; he may even be a threat – though I do not know it to be true. Meanwhile – it seems wise, as we are likely to have a common enemy, for us to stand together rather then play games with each other,” I continue.

”If you would have me for a friend – tell me your name so I know who my allies are – I would not be pressed to a corner with a knife to my throat and have to suspect even my comrades,” I say, turning to give the man with the magical powers a flat look.

It seems the boots are circling at...

"Daavan's name, and my bird's Jack. I got some magic, but not much for fighting, plus they got my spell-components so I can't summon nothin, so I ain't got no fight left in me. I'm better at talking my way out of trouble anyway"

GM:

How are you going to rule Charm Person?

If I cast it will the target realize it if they fail their save? WHat if they succeed, what do they sense?

What if i cast it, then do a prestidigitation and conjure a cup or Mage hand and move something, can i play it off as all part of the latter spell?

That way i know the repercussions of failing to charm someone. Dhaavan would definitely know about that, as Dhaavan tosses Charms left right and center just cause he can.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Elven: No I am still fastened here to this beam. No, don't worry about it right now. Don't let them know that your free. If you get the chance free me after you have taken care of yourself. Better to have one of us gain the element of surprise than to risk both being caught.

What am I saying. I don't even know this woman and yet here I am already putting her before myself. She's gotten under my skin already. Well her and that other lass Sunny. Hmm, Rain after Sun or the other way around....idiot pay attention to wht's going on. Sounds like we will have company any second now.

"As for an element of surprise?," I say speaking out of the corner of my mouth as my eyes watch the hatch.

"I caution you on that - we don't know who is up there, where the ship is - and what may occur if we fight. And if we fight - what then? Should we overcome the guard who approaches - he could call on support that could kill us all, if we didn't defeat them... Indeed, we do not even know how many crew this vessel - and, at best - should we overwhelm them all and kill them to the man - are we enough to con her to safe harbor? Can you set a course - can you pilot this ship to safety? I confess I cannot - and would fight, even our captors - until we have more knowledge."


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)
Variel Nightstorm wrote:

Elven: No I am still fastened here to this beam. No, don't worry about it right now. Don't let them know that your free. If you get the chance free me after you have taken care of yourself. Better to have one of us gain the element of surprise than to risk both being caught.

What am I saying. I don't even know this woman and yet here I am already putting her before myself. She's gotten under my skin already. Well her and that other lass Sunny. Hmm, Rain after Sun or the other way around....idiot pay attention to wht's going on. Sounds like we will have company any second now.

Rain is concerned that Variel is tied up tightly. If their captors try to hurt or kill him, she would take them by surprise and attempt to stop them or give her companions time enough to aid Variel.

ever so softly in Elven to Variel:

"I will not show my hand when they come down here. But I will not allow them to hurt you either."
Her words to the male elf sound like a promise.


F Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 4, Inquisitor 2/AC 18/ HP 48/48, F+8 R+6 W+6 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ Init +4(+6), Perc. +11(+13)

In softest assurance, Rain speaks, "I can set a safe course for us. I have the ability." She is not bragging but stating a fact, in hopes that if it came down to it and they had to kill the crew of this vessel and sail it themselves then they had that option. She would rather not kill every last man aboard. She would watch and listen, then act accordingly. Just this damn headache was making logical and rational thought more than a little hard at present.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
Dhaavan wrote:
Horatio Flynn wrote:
"I say magi as you never told me your name - and I know you have the powers of magic. No insult meant," I add softly, my eyes watching the hatch - wondering on the others in the hold - but now, simply curious to see what would happen next.
"No insult took. Just think its funny is all." Dhaavan says, settling himself for their kidnapers next move.

Hmm…

Doing my best to get comfortable in an intolerable situation, I ease my back a bit and continue to watch the hatch. Even so, I begin to speak to the magi

”Apologies – my own lack of directness often has negative repercussions,” I say somewhat absently – my attention focused elsewhere.

”The fact is – we have all been taken for the purpose of pressed labor by dangerous sorts who are likely to do us harm if we do not obey them. As we are all in the same predicament – it seems logical to stick together instead of standing opposed to each other,” I add quickly.

”As it stands – I have met, so far – the elven lass named “Rain” – as well as the elf “Variel”. Further – I met in passing the lad who spoke of sharks and the seas – this wounded fellow named “Sko” who is even now unconscious – and the red-head “Jiro”. You know my name is “Flynn” – but I do not know your name – nor the name of the other poor wretch who lies equally immobile. Further, as to that wretch – I have never seen him before; not at the tavern, nor during drinks; he may even be a threat – though I do not know it to be true. Meanwhile – it seems wise, as we are likely to have a common enemy, for us to stand together rather then play games with each other,” I continue.

”If you would have me for a friend – tell me your name so I know who my allies are – I would not be pressed to a corner with a knife to my throat and have to suspect even my comrades,” I say, turning to give the man with the magical powers a flat look.

It seems

...

"Aye..." I ponder a moment.

"Well, then - "Dhaavan" - well met. You freed yourself of your bonds, they shall discover that when they return. What they do with that information is the difficulty... Meanwhile - did you get a good look at the other two lads that are still not moving? I would know their condition better... One of them I saw at the tavern - but the other I do not know..."

My eyes widen then at Rain's admission.

"You can pilot a ship?" I exclaim with some amazement.

"That is no mean feat - I know many men that have spent years to learn that skill and failed... However, Rain, you may be our savior then. If we do indeed mean to secure our escape, your skills will be invaluable. Meanwhile - to secure that freedom, as of now I confess that this Davaan is perhaps the best among us, as I see it - for he can use sorcery - more power then my bare hands. Do you have skills - and if not - what are they... I recall vaguely your gear - I take it you are a warrior - or a marine on some military vessel?"

I turn to the other elf -

"And you sir - what skills do you have? I would know them, if you would share," I add - sensing that the sentry above was likely wandering back and forth.

Clearly we had time to share these details...


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"We may all have to do some fast talking as we all seem to be without weapons and such, Dhaavan. I'm glad to hear someone's good at such talk."

We may all have to rely on each other here, as we all seem to be in the same boat. He chuckles to himself at the unintended pun. I'm relieved to hear Dhaavan at least thinks he has the gift of a silver tongue. I hope he's right, because I'm certainly no diplomat."

Seijiro shifts slightly so he has a clear view of the stairs from where he heard booted feet coming. Might as well see what's coming and face it directly.

If we've just been press-ganged, why all the drama with tying us up? I'd have gladly signed on just to have a new berth on a ship if they'd simply asked like civilized folk.

Seijiro sighs as he contemplates inwardly. If they can't hire a proper crew, this might be a cursed ship, or simply an evil captain with officers to match. Either way, doesn't bode well for us.


Human Druid (Shark shaman) 2, Barbarian (Beast Totem) 1/AC: 13/HP: 30/F +7, R +0, W +6/Init. +0/Per. +7

Sko continues to listen. So, everyone from the bar then. Well, not everyone; some must have had friends or been together so they couldn't be taken. Everyone seems fairly clam; that's good. I imagine it's about to get worse.

Druid Cantrips: Create Water, Resistance, Purify Food & Drink


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

”I doubt much we will need to be overly… that is to say – I think that we shall not need to be “fast talkers”. In point of fact – I suspect that soon we shall be visited by a mid-level officer who will rough us up, and show us what things are all about – then we’ll be taken to the captain of the vessel – he will likely be magnanimous in his treatment of us, at least more so then the thug who claims us, so we feel somewhat grateful to him, though he imprisoned us. I would guess this same captain would then that he is the bulwark which can protect us from any storm – he shall likely offer some vague threat about how we were taken here by his men, and we can be killed by his men – and if we swear allegiance to him he shall give us a chance to survive and earn some form of payment, if we accept him as our master and commander. And of course – if we protest in any way then we’re lashed or thrown overboard or any other discipline…”

I shrug.

”At least – that’s what I might do, if I were a captain who uses pressed men. But this could be useful – how many others of his crew are equally pressed – are equally unhappy – we should feign obedience for a time, and keep our eyes open – we may find other un-guessed allies in the form of other pressed men,” I add thoughtfully.

”Lady Rain – I recommend keeping silent your knowledge of how to set course or pilot a ship – if the captain knows you are an able navigator – then he may kill you to eliminate the threat of a replacement. Such secrets of navigation are generally secret for a reason – else any man with a will of iron would forge a mutinous path to captain with ease…”

”Mister Jiro – what skills do you posses – it is clear you can at least change your skin, as it were… can you perform any other skills such as that?” I add quickly.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro sighs... I was hoping no one was conscious to notice me change... ah well

"Skills? Well nothing more 'like that', just 'that'... and well, I know my way around a ship well enough, I can make light in dark places now and then... and I'm good at um... well.. acquiring things."


Human Fey Tattooed Sorcerer 1 (HP: 7, AC:13 /F:1,R:3,W:4/ Init. +3 / Perc. +6/+8)(Jack's Perc: +13/+15)

Well, it was a few minutes before the Walking happened, and we sat down real quict, so this is in the few minuted before we realized someone was in the act of entering.

With a little cough, Dhaavan says "Sorry mates, but if it's a fight you want, I'm out. I'd rather try my luck sailing. We been pressganged, and they don't like rebbels on a boat if i've heard right. Easier if ya keep yer head down and do what you is told. Plus like i says, they got my components, so i can't fight worth a darn right now."


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Sko wrote:

Sko continues to listen. So, everyone from the bar then. Well, not everyone; some must have had friends or been together so they couldn't be taken. Everyone seems fairly clam; that's good. I imagine it's about to get worse.

Druid Cantrips: Create Water, Resistance, Purify Food & Drink

Sko - apologies in advance for being redundant later - but unless I hear your character telling me the spells and powers, I gotta figure my guy won't actually know those things. So, just saying - if I ask later - that's why.


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)

"Mister Dhaavan - no one is suggesting you fight, or use what arcane powers you possess on the crew - I am merely suggesting that we be frank and open with each other on how we can be helpful to each other. Failure to do that... well, let us say that it is better to know who are our friends are, rather then not..."

I glance at Sijiro and give him a wry grin.

"Mister Jiro - if you are suggesting that your wrists my have iron marks on them - that is entirely your business. As far as I am concerned, we are all on equal footing - allies by circumstance - I merely wish to know how we can assist each other, should the need arise. If you choose to be subtle - that is also your business. But we cannot help each other if we do not know our strengths," I add patiently.

"Could you please be more direct? You do not have to, but it would be helpful..."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I thought I was being direct. I acquire things. It's what I do best. But I love the sea and have been a sailor by profession for the last five years, so I also know my way around boats. I don't perform magic, but my people can make a little bit of light in dark places... just a natural thing I can do. What more would you know?"


Male Human Gunslinger 1 (Buccaneer), Fighter 1 (Lore Warden), Bard 4 (Archaeologist) - (AC 18 / HP 49 / F +6, R + 9, W +6 / Ini + 3 / Perc. +12)
Seijiro wrote:
"I thought I was being direct. I acquire things. It's what I do best. But I love the sea and have been a sailor by profession for the last five years, so I also know my way around boats. I don't perform magic, but my people can make a little bit of light in dark places... just a natural thing I can do. What more would you know?"

"What more would I know? Many things, Mister Jiro - I confess I know nothing of your people, nor your other "natural talents". If this was a free day on a quiet beach, I would barter knowledge with you and learn of your culture and try to teach you of my own... I enjoy lore," I add the last, somewhat to myself.

"Even so - you are sailor by trade who likely engages in more private methods to make a living... While this does not sound the most honest of trades, it seems that is a useful skill in such times. Excellent!" I say with a nod.

A sailor in the form of this shape-shifter - I know how to sail, and the elven female Rain can sail as well... No news on if the magi can sail - or the others... even so - can six sail a ship, even if they can chart a course?

Only time shall tell... Meanwhile - what are the full powers of the other elf - and the other two fellows who are still unconscious... Would that they were awake...


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"I'm sure we'll have more time to chat about such things later... my people and such... right now I think we have other troubles," he says, referring to the coming booted feet.

"Useful skills, yes, they come in handy at times. And perhaps they could be put to dishonest use, but I try to be circumspect in my use of them. My friends need never worry about how I use my skills."

of course anyone else is fair game, but no need to go into that now.

1 to 50 of 8,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Immortal's Blood Red Roses: A Skull & Shackles Campaign (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.