Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Helamans Master of the Fallen Fortress (Inactive)

Game Master Helaman

This is for Game Stuff


101 to 150 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Web has 2 hps and no hardness - you can cut or burn it off. It has a DC12 for Escape or Str checks to get out of it. Jorin is at a -4 for those checks

Spider Reflex Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Roll Damage

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Burning Hands: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Still waiting on the others

The spiders fangs click against it carapace as flames erupt from the halflings fingers. It attempts to nimbly move to another section of webs before the webs it was supporting itself with melt...

Haven't got a ruling monsterous webs vs. the web spell other than 'You're the DM - you work it out'. So I will go with any fire can set the webs alight and burn away one 5-foot square in 1 round.(much like the spell) but without the additional damage the web spell would bring. Your spell will clear 3 squares. I think its fair that the spider get a reflex or acrobatics save to avoid falling... I'll work on that once I see the others actions play out


And with that spell firing off, you remember it is 'Evoking Day'.

I will do a Chronicle for you all for this later

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Jorin is digusted with himself for getting entangled in the webs. And with a mighty heave tries to burs his way out of the webs.

Strengh check with -4 applied 1d204 - 4 ⇒ (127) - 4 = 123

Edit: sorry fat fingered that one. Let me try again.

Strengh check with -4 applied 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3

Re-edit: looks like I'm still caught in the webs.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

Raul steps forward and attempts to free Jorin with a mighty heave against the webs that bind him.
Str check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


FYI

Rules on Entangled Condition wrote:


The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.
GM Helaman wrote:

Still waiting on the others

The spiders fangs click against it carapace as flames erupt from the halflings fingers. It attempts to nimbly move to another section of webs before the webs it was supporting itself with melt...

Reflex Save DC 15 (the save needed for Haddassah's spell)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

It catches itself on a hastily spun web and pulls its self the the ceiling rapidly.

End Round 1.

Round 2

The spider moves across the ceiling then drops down next to the web bound prey that is Jorin and attempts to bite him.

Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d6 ⇒ 3 DC 12 Fort Save

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Could I not move to D7?

Grand Lodge

Oops - 1 min. Map updating

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flin drops his bow. At the flick of the wrist a dagger appears in his hand and he begins cutting the webs from Jorin.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Dassah moves rapidly to the rear, giving the spider a wide berth attempting to avoid AoO Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 8 "Well, I tried to get it down..." From her position behind Jorin, she will attempt to assist him in breaking his bonds. Strength, Aid Other: 1d20 ⇒ 13 If 10 or higher, you gain +4 on your next Strength check to break free. Helpful trait

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor looks at the spider waiting for a clear shot at it before he acts.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Unless I have more penalties than just the -4 to dex, I don't think the spider should be able to hit me with a 10 since my AC is 13. let me now if I am wrong and I will attempt the save.

Thanks for pointing out the web rules. I was thinking I was immobile. I will take a 5' step to D6 then try to burst the web again.

With a nod of thanks to Hadassah, Jorin stumbles to the side so Raul and Coor can get at the spider then makes another attempt to break free of the webs.

Strength with -4 penalty web & +4 Hadassah's assist. 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 + 4 = 16

I always have hated giant freakin bugs!

Not sure what the DC is, does this get me out?

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor aiming at the spider he lets loose with a ball of acid, hoping to distract it enough to let Jorin get away.

Acid Splash Ranged Touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Acid Splash Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The attempt is enough to tear Jorin free.

Coors acid splash just misses the creature, flying over its head.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

Raul steps in where Jorin had been, and swings a deadly arc at the spider.
Greatsword: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 1 = 3 -(power attack)-
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15
"WHY DO SPIDERS HAVE TO BE SO DODGY?!"

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Not sure if Coor needs to finish round out or next one is starting.
Flin looks up from helping Jorin and throws his dagger at the spider.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
After throwing the dagger, he picks his shortbow up off the ground.
Your right, this spider is dodgy!

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Not sure if I will be available this evening so, If the spider is still allive when it comes back around to Jorin's turn...

Jorin takes a step to ideal range for the polearm and pusts his whole body behind a mighty swing at the disgusting vermin.

Horsechopper w/ power attack =1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23 if hit, dam =1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17

Booyah! How ya like that!


Ok... so Raul and Flinders finish out Round 2

-Round 3-
The spider chitters and tries to bite the dog that is barking at it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d6 ⇒ 2 Fort Save for the Dog if hit.

Then Jorin ANNIHILATES it with a huge hit.

Looking through the webs and room you find the wrapped corpse of a dog with a jeweled collar. Maybe its worth between 30 and 60gp...

There is another archway to the west.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah will cast 'detect magic' and studies the collar. Spellcraft, if appropriate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"This looks pretty, I think my dog needs a little something special, assuming none of you also have a dog with you that I don't know about."


No magical aura. Lapis lazuli stones stud the rich leather collar and a silver tag reading “Kita” hangs from it.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

I will guard the doorway while you guys are looking around this room.

Jorin moves to A4 and watches for anything trying to come through the doorway.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

"Not sure you'd want to just clasp that on there without at least wiping it off first..." Raul says as he looks around the room.
Perception (for secret doors & such): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flin walks over and retrieves his pack and dagger. He resets his spring-loaded wrist sheath and puts the dagger back in it. Fantastic Jorin, I knew you were one not to be messed with.

Flin them begins to search with the others.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Hadassah attempts to help Flinders look around the room. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, and fails miserably.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor also take a look around

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Apart from the dog collar, there is no other treasure to be had. As for secret doors and such?

The tower’s west wing find it mostly choked with rubble, but a door in the eastern wall is still accessible. The door leads to a stone spiral staircase that runs through the center of the tower. Unfortunately, the stairway is also blocked with fallen rubble. If you wish to explore the tower’s upper levels, you will have to go back outside and attempt to climb the tower’s exterior walls.

Those walls are smooth and difficult to climb.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Jorin takes a few minutes to more closely investigate the stairs.

Hmm... Wonder if I can clear that enough to be passable without bringing down a wagon load of stone on my head?

Knowledge: Engineering 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13?

I suppose I do have a rope and grappling hook to assend the outside. But cripes, I'm not sure how we would get the dog up.


No way you are getting up those stairs without a LOT of work... possibly needing a large crew... but with someone willing to sacrifice a cloak, you do think you can make a sling to hoist a dog.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Oh well, I'm sure Raul can help me hoist Jezzie up. We'll have to make sure there is no threat first though since we'll basically be helpless while we're doing that.

Hey guys, the stairs are a non-starter without a lot of time or a bigger crew. I'm going to go outside to see if there is an alternative way up.

Jorin heads out to look over the outside of the tower. He is looking for openings, anything odd, or other notable features.

Let's see. We need a casement, window, busted-up arrow slit, or something like that. Something that I can catch the grappling hook onto within throwing range.
It would be better if it's low enough that I can tie climbing knots in the rope. I don't know if these guys have much climbing experience so I should make it as easy as possible.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flinders follows Jorin outside to scout for a place to climb up into the tower.
Percept.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Know. Eng: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor follows the rest of the group outside looks up at the side of the castle "Huh, not sure I can climb that."

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Once outside, Jezebel pulls her silk rope out of her dog's saddle bags and ties a knot in the rope every foot or so while she looks around. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If there is a suitable location, Jezebel will cast Mage Hand to move the end of the rope up the wall and tie off to the whatever is available. Otherwise:

"I have a coil of now knotted rope if any of you has a grapple hook.."


There is no easy way you can see up, nor convenient thing for the hook to catch on to... you could try using the rougher edges of the crumbled wall for some purchase or simply try hooking the grappling hook over the edge of the floor above and hoping it doesn't slide free under you can get a hand over the end... or try to scale the wall itself.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Don't suppose any of you casty types has some magic that will get us up this wall?
.
.
.
No. That's what I was afraid of.
Thanks Hadassah. I have normal rope, but that will be lighter and less likely to break.

Jorin ties Hadassah's rope to his hook. He then sets it whirling to try and get it hooked to something.

From PRD equipment section wrote:
Grappling Hook: Throwing a grappling hook requires a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. Objects with ample places to catch the hook are AC 5.

I don't know how high to know how many range increments. I can't see the area so I don't know if it qualifies as "ample places to catch the hook." Not sure, would that be a miss chance? So DM-Helaman, you will have to apply the range increments and let me know if it catches anything.

Ok folks this may take awhile. Stay back so a hook doesn't fall on your head. Someone watch our backs to make sure nothing sneaks up on us while I'm occupied. And one of you with a bow please watch the ledge incase I wake-up something.

Jorin heaves the hook up toward the floor above.

Thrown grappling hook: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Edit: I think it's pretty safe to assume I didn't catch anything, but hopefully I didn't clonk any of us with the hook. ;)


In PbP multiple rolls do little more than delay the game. I'll make a roll for the lucky person later.

After multiple tries you think that you have the hook in place...

Whoever is climbing tell me what precautions you are taking including removing armour.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Jorin, your the young, strapping man. Give us a demonstration. Raul, I've got a gold piece that says young Jorin here will make it up first try, in under three minutes. What say you, do we have a wager?

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Raul help me pull on the rope to make sure it is secure.

Assuming we determine the rope is secure...

Unless someone else wants to, it seems like I should go first. My armor doesn't interfere too much with movement. I'd ask one of you to hand me my weapon after I get up there. Wish me luck.

Jorin will leave his armor on but will not try to take his horsechopper with him. He is wearing the spiked guantlet. The buckler and javelin are on his back. the dagger and warhammer are on his belt. btw: how far am I climbing? I'm guessing about 20 ft.

Jorin takes a moment to steel his nerve then begins to climb the knotted silken rope.

Rope Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Edit: Unless there is something wierd happening like an attack or something, that should get me up there.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

"Might I suggest we get the best climber up first, I assure that is not me, and you can make sure the hook is firmly in place. Once we are certain it is safe as possible, who ever is at the top can help belay others up. I can leave my dog here with a days feed. If it will be too dificult to hoist him."

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

"That was an impressive feat, but I can do better!" Raul roars as he puts away his sword and takes hold of the rope to follow Jorin up.
Climb: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

"If you wouldn't mind lowering a rope down so I can have an easier time with the climb, I will be right behind you!"

Climb: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8

I can leave my dog behind with a days rations if it simplifies things. . .

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

If Raul makes it up:
Strength check to haul up other party members
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor decides to give the climbing a try

Climb 1d20 ⇒ 3

Losing grip on the rope he falls on his backside and decides to wait for help.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

When he gets to the top, Jorin takes a quick look around before pulling himself all the way onto the ledge.

Look around: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Before all of you climb up. You might want to see if I get eaten by something first. ;)

Up to you Hadassah. I can probably rig up a sling to haul her up if she won't bite me. But it would make a fast retreat almost impossible, if needed.


GM Helaman wrote:

In PbP multiple rolls do little more than delay the game. I'll make a roll for the lucky person later.

After multiple tries you think that you have the hook in place...

Whoever is climbing tell me what precautions you are taking including removing armour.

Guys - 10-10 for pushing on but you missed a bit. I'm bolding it. I'll let Jorins roll stand.

Jorin, the sitting of the hook over the edge needs you to pull yourself over the edge of the floor above you - which you manage to do.

The room is open to the sun but as to the purpose of the room? Its surprisingly bare. Perhaps stripped of useful equipment? A door to the northwest and southwest are visible and closed.

With a knotted rope and assistance rendered to each other, you get everyone up... but do you bring the dog?

I've uploaded the map, tell me what square you are in and which door you are trying to open.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai, HP:24/33, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2
GM Helaman wrote:
... In PbP multiple rolls do little more than delay the game. I'll make a roll for the lucky person later ...

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you meant by that. I thought you meant if anyone failed, you were doing to roll the damage they took later.

GM Helaman wrote:
... With a knotted rope and assistance rendered to each other, you get everyone up... but do you bring the dog? ...

Up to Hadassah. Raul and I can get the dog up if she wants it here.

GM Helaman wrote:
... I've uploaded the map, tell me what square you are in and which door you are trying to open ...

Assuming someone will pass me my polearm, I will stand in the center (we don't have grid numbers) so I can cover both doors while the others climb up, listen/check the doors, and decide.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flinders hands Jorin his horsechopper as he comes up. He then moves to the southwest door to look for traps first and then listen to hear anything on the other side.

Perception:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


No traps.

"A" being the Left most square and "1" as the top most.My bad there.

Right outside and in front of the Door for instance would be B2.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor will stand against the wall int the middle of the 2 doors.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

Raul will stand behind Flinders and ready a charge with his greatsword if something nasty should be on the other side of the door when they open it.

101 to 150 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Helamans Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.