Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Helaman's Dalsine Affair (Inactive)

Game Master Helaman

A group of plucky pathfinders plunge into politics in Taldor.


151 to 200 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

AC 16 / T12 / FF14 | HP 28/[28] | F+5 R+6 W+4 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs enchant) | Perc +10 (+2 urban areas) Init +2 (+2 urban areas) Half-Orc Ranger 3

Uch. Reminds me of that stupid rat dream I used to have.

Taldor

HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

Hiram moves to the rear, even behind the Sarenrites. "No offense, banned cult, but I prefer to see to my own backside. Besides, rats naturally find my posterior tasty, so I'd to see what they'd do to you just to get to me!"

Grand Lodge

AC20/Touch14/Flat17/CMD18||HP7[33]|Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will:+5|Percept +12|Init +3 Elf Magus 5

Ander walks to the back of the party.I think I'll join you in guarding the rear of the party Hiram

Osirion

Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1

    "Hmm, rats. That's seems kinda mundane though. There's got to be more interesting stuff down here..." Ernest mutters to himself. "I mean, goblins are dangerous and all, but they're so commonplace." He turns his head to gaze down at the Professor, whom is still visibly upset about not attaining his prize yet. Erenst doesn't seem to notice, however and continues his "conversation." "Open ANY chronicle that happens ANYWHERE within a stone's throw from Varisia, and I bet you platinums to pastries that there's at least one Goblin in there! Now... you know what I bet we'll find down here?" he asks (almost) rhetorically, as he turns his sights to the ceiling.

    Pointless dungeoneering for text accuracy:
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    "Some kind of weird animal. I know my great-great-great grandfather briefly mentions the nobility of the time spending exorbitant amounts of gold on extravagant pets and simply releasing them when they grew tired of them. He personally ran from at least two tigers and a gorilla once." He snaps his head back forward and slams his fist into his open palm. "And I bet that there's nature shamans down here, attempting to preserve the wildlife below such a civilized area!"

    "I wonder if they'll be friendly or not. Or even have clothes. Ha, with any luck, it'll be a tale akin to Among the Living. I think they finally got that into theatrical production."


    The group sets of down and though the tunnels... The human woman Xene and the halfling woman named Piria seem to be the only cultists privy to the Vault’s location. They navigate the catacombs from memory, often counseling one another privately when unsure which way to go. More than once they double back after reaching a dead end, evidence that their knowledge of the tunnel systems is not perfect.

    Is anyone doing anything, attempting anything etc?

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    Disheartened at the pickled indecisiveness of Piria and Xene, the oracle questions to the party.
    Does anyone have a clue exactly where we may be currently under the city? We need some sort of map to allay the possibility of getting lost in these catacombs. I didn't realize how expansive these passages are becoming. Please, can anyone guess where, in respect to the city above, we are?

    In a very reduced tone, he speaks in Orc to Harboth.

    Harboth:
    Have you seen any alternate exits yet?

    Do I remember coming across an exit?

    DM:
    Perception/Scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    Grand Lodge

    AC20/Touch14/Flat17/CMD18||HP7[33]|Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will:+5|Percept +12|Init +3 Elf Magus 5

    While the group travels, Ander keeps wary of any danger and closely scrutinizes the Saranites and the tunnels they are traversing.

    Perception:
    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    Know. Dung.:
    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


    9 Eyes and Harboth Only

    Spoiler:

    Make me a series of 3 perception checks each. What you are doing is looking for tunnels up as you ramble through the catacombs, but these will need some time to find them and will delay the trip a bit. 9 Eyes, you've already made one but failed to hit the DC for the first. After this round of three (which you can aid another on if need be) I'll give you one more round of checks later. You'll need 3 successes. That said? No reason why you can't convince the group to also help you look for tunnels. This would give you more checks.

    Grand Lodge

    Status:
    AC19/Touch12/Flatfoot17/CMD 13||HP 9/[10]| Fort:+3 ;Ref:+2;Wil+6|Percept +8/Sense Motive +9|Init+2|Fire Bolt: 5/7 used|Sling ammo: 0/10 used|

    Ur walks silently, listening to Earnests seemingly constant stream of words as he tries to remember all the twists and turns of the catacombs.

    Survival:
    Keep from getting lost: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
    Every 20 paces or so he scrapes his spear against the wall.

    " If there are any Shamans down here I would not expect them to be naked and they should be friendly enough at least to me. "

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    Oracle implores that the Sarenites keep their eyes out for alternate routes of escape as a safety measure.
    Followers of Sarenrae, aid in me finding any doors leading to the surface as we traverse these tunnels. However, don't open anything. If your pursuers are resilient enough, then they may be searching Oppara's underbelly through the same way. So, let us move carefully...and be our eyes and our ears to ensure wary travel.

    I ask the same of you, brothers!

    DM:
    Perception/Scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
    Perception/Scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
    Perception/Scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


    Any one wanting to use time to look for tunnels up as we walk may roll upto 3 perception checks. Sarenites don't count for this. That said, each attempt will burn some time... I'll add up all the attempts later. Alternatively you can try aid another on 9 Eyes attempts

    Osirion

    Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1

    Ernest asks, "Now, you said the whole way to the surface, right?"

    Attempts, in order, factoring in Awareness:

    Aid Another attempt 1 from Ernest: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Aid Another attempt 2 from Ernest: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    Aid Another attempt 3 from Ernest: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    Aid Another attempt 1 from Snouts: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    Aid Another attempt 2 from Snouts: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Aid Another attempt 3 from Snouts: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    Taldor

    HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

    Hiram, eager to find this so-called sanctuary, nonetheless keeps his eyes open for exits.

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

    Grand Lodge

    AC20/Touch14/Flat17/CMD18||HP7[33]|Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will:+5|Percept +12|Init +3 Elf Magus 5

    Ander, hearing what the Oracle says and observing Urthain's actions, smacks his palm to forehead. I have been so stupid. He reaches into his belt pouch and removes a piece of chalk and begins to periodically inscribe small, discrete Pathfinder symbols high on the tunnel walls, describing what direction they have come from. He also continues to keep his eyes open for any signs of exits or the sanctuary.

    Percept.1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
    Percept.1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Percept.1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    Andoran

    AC 16 / T12 / FF14 | HP 28/[28] | F+5 R+6 W+4 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs enchant) | Perc +10 (+2 urban areas) Init +2 (+2 urban areas) Half-Orc Ranger 3

    Harboth keeps his eyes out for exits or the sanctuary.

    9 Eyes:
    I'm afraid not. Not yet, at least.

    perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
    perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • AC 23 (T 16 : FF 17)
  • Fort +6+2: Ref +10+2: Will +7+2
  • Initiative +5
  • Notes: +2 vs mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance, sonic, & language-dependent effects.
  • Human Dawnflower Dervish 5 / Urban Barbarian 1

    I would like to point out that being lost down here is quite a bit safer than being lost up there. We don’t have the city guard after us down here.

    Osirion

    Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1
    Zantir Mendoza wrote:
    I would like to point out that being lost down here is quite a bit safer than being lost up there. We don’t have the city guard after us down here.

    Fluff Accuracy Roll:
    Kn (Engineering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

    "See, but there's more danger than just guards here. These are ruins, which are prone to collapse. If, by some chance, we collapse the entire district, the doorways and, especially stone gateways, are the most likely structure to keep standing. Plus, they may very well become our sole way out," Ernest states as-a-matter-of-fact-ly, ignoring all grammatical rules of run-on sentences.

    "In fact, this building here could be EASILY taken down, given a good thwack on this banister here..." he points out, as he pats an awning's good remaining pole.


    Between all of you trying to find exits heading up to the streets you locate three, and make a visual and locational reference for each. It takes over an hour, perhaps even two or more (as its definitely early evening when you find the third).

    The Sarenites are eager to find the Vault and you move back into the tunnels. You continue through the darkness, and it seems the Dawnflower Blossoms are seeing some familiar tunnels.

    Zantir Mendoza wrote:
    I would like to point out that being lost down here is quite a bit safer than being lost up there. We don’t have the city guard after us down here.

    Its at that point that I'll roll initiative.

    Buuuuuuuuuuut first I'll have perception checks.

    Those who succeed DC15 (no Scent)

    Spoiler:

    You notice a decrease in small vermin and an increase in cobwebs

    Those who succeeded can make a SECOND Check - DC14.

    DM Rolls

    Spoiler:

    Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Then I'll roll initiatives...

    Initiatives
    Anders + 5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Harboth + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    Zantir + 8 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
    Hiram + 4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    Urthain + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Ernest + 0 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
    Oracle - 1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

    GM Thingy +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Status:
    AC19/Touch12/Flatfoot17/CMD 13||HP 9/[10]| Fort:+3 ;Ref:+2;Wil+6|Percept +8/Sense Motive +9|Init+2|Fire Bolt: 5/7 used|Sling ammo: 0/10 used|

    Perception:
    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
    2nd roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
    Do I have time to comment on what I notice? Those around Ur notice him take a more defensive stance holding his shield higher and readying his spear.

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • AC 23 (T 16 : FF 17)
  • Fort +6+2: Ref +10+2: Will +7+2
  • Initiative +5
  • Notes: +2 vs mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance, sonic, & language-dependent effects.
  • Human Dawnflower Dervish 5 / Urban Barbarian 1

    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    I don't see it!
    For future reference GM, it's quicker if you make these kind of checks for the whole party. Then we can get to the action quicker!

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    DM:
    Perception?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

    Quote:
    Those who succeed DC15 (no Scent)

    Are you referring to any of the Perception rolls made? Or all of them? Or just the first Perception roll?

    Noise ahead? Something moving. There's something nearby! ARM YOURSELF!

    The oracle takes a defensive posture and arms his flail. Then calls out to Harboth in Orc. Harboth! funny


    Harboth - no noise ahead - I'll tell you when you see, hear etc something... wait dude - not so quick on the trigger finger :). You made the first roll... More webs, less vermin - now that you made the first roll, make a second


    Zantir Mendoza wrote:


    For future reference GM, it's quicker if you make these kind of checks for the whole party. Then we can get to the action quicker!

    Good advice on which I'll follow - first time rookie mistake

    Grand Lodge

    AC20/Touch14/Flat17/CMD18||HP7[33]|Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will:+5|Percept +12|Init +3 Elf Magus 5

    I rolled a 14 total web page went wonky.


    Urthain Shardspear wrote:
    ** spoiler omitted ** Do I have time to comment on what I notice? Those around Ur notice him take a more defensive stance holding his shield higher and readying his spear.

    Sure. Urthain or anyone else can say there are more webs and less vermin.

    Osirion

    Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1

    Ernest Perception 1: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10
    Snouts Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

    "Oh, curses!" Ernest yells in a surprised panic. He jumps back from the building he believes he almost knocked down. "No... I think we're good." He then examines the structure deeply. Snouts appears to be at his breaking point, having not eaten for at least an hour.

    Taldor

    HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Hiram rounds about, clearly looking for something, his sword held at the ready should anything pop out...

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    The half-orc oracle's eyes roll back into his head and mutters a Mwangi witch doctor incantation. The absence of rats and abundance of webs has made the oracle take the precaution of determining if poisonous spiders are present. He casts detect magic in a 5-ft. cube, 25 ft. repeatedly, until he deems the area safe or encounter anything out of the ordinary.

    Web. Spiders? Giant Spiders? Poison?


    2nd perception roll 9 Eyes

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    DM:
    Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


    Moving ahead...

    9 Eyes 2nd perception check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
    Urthain 2nd perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

    The marching order was thus...

    Harboth, 9 Eyes
    Zantir, Pilria
    Urthain, Ernest
    Saren, Snouts
    Saren, Saren
    Etc
    Hiram, Ander.

    -----------------------

    The Pathfinders and their wards move through the darkened tunnels - several of you noticing the increase in webs and the decrease in rats and other vermin.

    The corridor widens ahead for a brief while before looking like it narrows again.

    The Oracles keen scent warns him as the scent of something wafts from a collapsed section in the walls, hard to spot in the dim light... but not quick enough to allow him to pull back. Unlike his companion his senses are enough to put him on guard. Urthain also is aware enough of his surroundings and likely denizens that he too is ready.

    Ok - Anyone who beat Perception 15 on two rolls gets to make a standard action ONLY during the surprise round (unless you have traits/feats that help). If I have sodded you up let me know

    Characters NOT on the map can move onto the map next round if surprised. I deliberately made the map 3 squares wide to allow for movement instead of clogging everything up and not giving anyone other than the front two a chance to shine.

    Initiatives (Surprise round)
    Anders + 5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Surprised (off board)
    Hiram + 4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 (off board)
    Zantir + 8 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 - Surprised
    Ernest + 0 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 - Surprised
    GM Thingy +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Hehehe!
    Harboth + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - Surprised
    Urthain + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 - Can Act
    Oracle - 1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 - Can Act

    Piria moves off the map at the end of the round and players should feel free to occupy her space.

    The spider, something that looks like a massive Funnel Web spider, darts from the tunnel...

    GM Stuff

    Spoiler:

    (1-2 9 Eyes, 3-6 Harboth) Giving Harboth an edge due to the spider likely trying to eat the most vulnerable and spiders are good at that sort of thing.
    1d6 ⇒ 4

    ... and attacks Harboth, who was looking the other way.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs flatfooted AC
    1d6 ⇒ 4 damage and save (if necessary) vs Fort DC14 Poison.

    As soon as I get Urthain and 9 Eyes + Hiram (moving onto the board - Count row A as the first square of your movement) I'll move to Round 1.

    This map was not something provided by the scenario (they gave nothing at all) but is something I ginned up... IF I run this game again I'll move the spider hole further down the map but given that Hiram and Ander were playing rear guard? It works

    MAPLINK on the Campaign Tab - sorry.

    Grand Lodge

    Status:
    AC19/Touch12/Flatfoot17/CMD 13||HP 9/[10]| Fort:+3 ;Ref:+2;Wil+6|Percept +8/Sense Motive +9|Init+2|Fire Bolt: 5/7 used|Sling ammo: 0/10 used|

    Is there a link to the map? I can't spot it?


    Just popped it onto the Campaign info tab

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    Having seen Harboth bitten and can't cast without provoking from the spider, the oracle takes the offensive and will first try to shift to B4 and attack the spider with his flail.
    If you try to perform CM trip, does it do damage as well? Or do you only get to knock the target prone if you're successful tripping? If I can do a trip and deal damage that's what I'd like to do on my surprise turn.
    SPIDER! Exclaims the oracle to the party.

    DM:
    Flail: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    Flail damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Osirion

    Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1

    Tripping is an Combat Maneuver, which means it does not cause direct damage to a creature. Additionally, tripping (and any combat maneuver) provokes from the target if you do not have the feat "Improved **", with ** being the maneuver in question. The "Trip" tag on the flail means that if you fail by 5 or more, you can drop the weapon instead of getting tripped back. Additionally, this creature has 8 legs. The more legs something has, the harder it is to trip it. In all seriousness, your best bet is to try to just hit it with your pointy thing or full retreat and hope it doesn't have reach.

    DM:
    I think in the description before the battle, it says how wide the corridor gets. It's totally a pain in the butt without an image to quick-reference, though, I know. Plus, stuff like that Fortitude, just roll it for him, and ask if he's got any other mods if he fails by base. Speeds stuff up a tiny bit, in my opinion.

    Is the spider on the ceiling, wall, or floor? Also (especially if ceiling), what's the tunnel height?

    Taldor

    HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

    Hiram, hearing the cries of SPIDER and finally noticing the giant creature, moves cautiously to B-5, attempting to avoid any attacks of opportunity from the spider.

    Andoran

    AC 16 / T12 / FF14 | HP 28/[28] | F+5 R+6 W+4 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs enchant) | Perc +10 (+2 urban areas) Init +2 (+2 urban areas) Half-Orc Ranger 3

    Dag, missed some good stuff (and I think the chance to make those 2 perception rolls)!

    Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

    Harboth, shaken from a daze by the spider's bite, rears back and roars at the beast. HAAOARGHH!


    Ernst

    Spoiler:

    Oooops - corrected for next time I run... on the other hand the map works better for 7. As or player rolls, still trying to find the happy medium for pbp but good advice on both.

    Osirion

    Stats:
  • AC 14/T10/FF 14/CMD 12
  • HP 48/48
  • Fort:+3 ; Ref:+2; Will+6
  • Percep +13 (no Awrnss, +1 vs traps);Sense Motive +4
  • Init+0
  • Kn (A,H,E,No) +14/ Kn (D,G,L,Na,P,R) +10
  • Shifts 0/8 used
  • Temp effect:
  • Human (Garundi) Wizard 5/Pathfinder Field Agent 1

    GM:
    I think I messed this fight up both times I ran it (in two different ways, no less!) If I ever actually ran any entire Scenario 100% properly, it'd be reason to celebrate. Like, open-bar celebrate.

    Also, do you want me to roll my own ID rolls or will you? If it's mine, I'll preroll for my turn in my "in case I can't get to a comp on my turn" block.

    In case my init comes up and I'm not here (I'm in a place with no wireless signal or open computer everyday at 2-5ish EST):

    Free: Kn(Na): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 "It's a Vudrani Green Leaf Spider! Don't let it spit its acid at you!"
    No Action: 5ft step into C0
    Move: Draw Wand of Magic Missile (50 Charges)
    Standard: Activate wand for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage. 49/50 charges left.

    Snouts: Double moves to stay behind me.

    Grand Lodge

    Status:
    AC19/Touch12/Flatfoot17/CMD 13||HP 9/[10]| Fort:+3 ;Ref:+2;Wil+6|Percept +8/Sense Motive +9|Init+2|Fire Bolt: 5/7 used|Sling ammo: 0/10 used|

    Surprise round
    Ur moves to C3

    sorry for holding everyone up it was sleepy time in Australia.

    Taldor

    HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

    There's no sleep allowed in Australia!

    Qadira

    Character Stats:
  • AC 23 (T 16 : FF 17)
  • Fort +6+2: Ref +10+2: Will +7+2
  • Initiative +5
  • Notes: +2 vs mind-affecting effects, +4 vs bardic performance, sonic, & language-dependent effects.
  • Human Dawnflower Dervish 5 / Urban Barbarian 1

    Round 1:
    Zantir brings his hammer to bear against the large, foul beast.

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
    Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

    I can’t see the map while I’m at work, but I should be able to swing at the spider with my Hammer, moving as needed or over an ally’s head.

    Grand Lodge

    AC20/Touch14/Flat17/CMD18||HP7[33]|Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will:+5|Percept +12|Init +3 Elf Magus 5

    I think Hiram and I go first.

    Ander drops his backpack and moves to B4 and attacks spider with his rapier.

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    If I can also do a swift action, I'll expend 1 of my arcane pool to grant a +1 enhancement bonus

    Not that it mattered

    Andoran

    AC 16 / T12 / FF14 | HP 28/[28] | F+5 R+6 W+4 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs enchant) | Perc +10 (+2 urban areas) Init +2 (+2 urban areas) Half-Orc Ranger 3

    Round 1:

    Harboth looks for revenge.

    aaaAAAAAHRRH!

    attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
    damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


    Everyone take a DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP breath. Wait. Its not the only monster you'll ever see, so gimme a chance to order things - when I call Round 1, act round 1. It also makes for better co-ordination.

    9 Eyes swings hard but wildly at the spider, while Harboth roars at being bitten. Both Hiram and Urthain move around the outskirts of the battle, making room and creating options.

    Round 1

    Anders + 5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - Rushes in to B4... and misses with his weapon
    * Hiram + 4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    Zantir + 8 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 - Reaches through the gap with his polearm hammer and BLATS!! the Spider, which is looking very badly affected
    * Ernest + 0 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 -
    GM Thingy +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Hehehe!
    Harboth + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - Swings hard at the spider and smashes it to pulp.

    Urthain + 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Oracle - 1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

    This leaves Hiram and Ernest to act before the spider gets another attack.

    Taldor

    HP 45/45; AC 24 (T 16, FF 18); F+3; R+10: W+4; Init +5; Per +8

    Hiram takes a 5 foot step to A-5, flanking with 9 Eyes. He activates his Arcane Strike, stabbing rapidly, opting for power over finesse versus the spider!

    Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


    The spider dies... horribly.

    There is no loot within the spiders lair, just dry web wrapped critters.

    Post any healing etc you wish to attempt...

    About an hour after the spider ambush, you and the Sarenite refugees finally reach the Vault of Sarenrae.

    In the center of this large, natural cavern, easily more than forty feet in height, stands the ruin of a truly ancient temple constructed of chipped grey and white marble. Its domed roof collapsed long ago, but the structure is otherwise in remarkably good shape. Where doors must once have hung, a small campfire now burns, surrounded by piles of ragged but
    neatly folded bedding.

    Seven people sit huddled around the small campfire to ward off the damp and cold of the cavern. As soon as they spot the approaching party, they pick up wooden clubs and leap to their feet suspiciously.

    Grand Lodge

    Status:
    AC19/Touch12/Flatfoot17/CMD 13||HP 9/[10]| Fort:+3 ;Ref:+2;Wil+6|Percept +8/Sense Motive +9|Init+2|Fire Bolt: 5/7 used|Sling ammo: 0/10 used|

    Seeing the spider managed to bite Harboth, Ur aproaches the Half Orc as they continue on " I have a kit with salves and bandages in my bag. I might be able to ease the pain of that bite if you let me have a look. "

    Heal check if Harboth agrees:
    Treat Deadly Wounds Dc 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 if I make the Dc Harboth heals his level in HP +4 if I manage a 25...

    When they reach the vault of Sarenrae Ur looks about the large cavern in awe especailly the ancient temple as the occupants grab weapons and stand Urthain attempts to look non threatening dropping his spear point to the floor.

    Andoran

    AC 15/Touch 9/Flat 15/CMD 11||HP9/[9]|Fort:+0;Ref:-1;Will:+6|Percep+11,Scent/Sense Motive+8|Init-1|Kn (R)+6|Darkvision 30'/Blind 30'+ Half-Orc Oracle 1

    Hold! We are friends of Sarenrae! Xene and Piria travel with us. No need to be alarmed! The half-orc oracle shouts into the air, as he cannot see past 30 feet. He tries to discern if the strangers are friends or foes, by hearing any religious banter or by detecting the familiar scent of a Sarenite from lit incense or the kind.

    DM:
    Perception/Scent: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

    If Harboth is still wounded, the oracle bestows a cure light wounds spell on his half-orc companion.

    Harboth:
    Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Oracle asks Harboth in Orc tongue. Are these Sarenites, brother?


    9 Eyes Dragon

    Spoiler:

    Something... is a little off... think on it and maybe it will come to you. Could it be the room? The moldy sticks in the fire?

    Piria calls out Well met by moonlight, sisters and brothers, but soon the dawn will come!.

    Evidently this is some sort of coded greeting and the cultists relax. One of them comes forward and Piria relaxes. Akkuret! We are relieved to see you.

    Akkuret is a slim, redheaded human man with pinched features. Evidently someone of some authority.

    Religion DC15 shows him to wear the mantle used by Lay Ministers.

    Akkuret invites the new arrivals into the ancient
    temple, You have our thanks - be welcome here. Have you need of food? Drink? Sit and tell us of how you have come to help us Dawnflower Blossoms. He offers you seats in the recently constructed pews. All who want it are given food and wine.

    While everyone, including the rescued Sarenites are eating and drinking, Ankkuret speaks. Maybe we can share information? I may have some pieces of the puzzle you are missing and it may be that you can help me better understand the situation we are in now.

    More for you than anything else, I've put a new map up (See Campaign Info) but its assumed you are around the fire area for now.

    151 to 200 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beginnings All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.