Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

The Fane of Tiamat


4,751 to 4,800 of 10,665 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

@Tirion and Bofus

A moment later the Blackspawn Razorfiend returns from the tent and walks up to Tirion and says,

Draconic:
"The Great Wyrmlord Kharn will see you now. Come with me!"

Perception DC 11:

Bluff Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The Blackspawn Raider gives a hidden message to the other Guard, but it is unclear what the message actually says. But it is clear that you were not meant to see the message.

The Spawn of the Black Dragon escorts you toward the entrance of the command tent in front of six manticores laying at rest. As you reach the entrance of the tent, he gestures for you to enter.

Cinder Hill Battlemat

Please note that the Blackspawn are actually medium size and not large as I first thought. I have adjusted their images accordingly.


Dungeon Master

@Mantooth and Thordak

As you are carefully inspecting the bridge, two winged creatures with spiked tails land on either end of the bridge. Glaring at you, one of them growls, "Where is Ozzyrandion?"

Skull Gorge Bridge


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Draconic:

Thank you.

I follow the Blackspawn toward the camp.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak walks up to one and looks it up and down. Moi moi! Wot a big tail you have! Oh, ye mean the dragon? He's just ah...gettin' a drink... Thordak says, indicating the gorge with a thick thumb.

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Trying to get him to look over the edge...Either way, I expect the creature to look!

When it turns its back on him, he whips out Glimdraath and takes a swipe at its head.

Axe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 13
Crit: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 12
Damage: 2d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (8, 5) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 35

He whistles sharply and Lulu takes pounces on the other creature.

Beak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Talon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Talon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Dungeon Master

Surprise Round

• Thordak surprises the Manticore with a slice of Glimdraath at its head. Although it was damaging, it did not appear critical.
• Lulu attacks the other manticore, catching it flat-footed. However, it only manages to slice it briefly with a talon.

Initiative

Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Matthias Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Jorr Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Manticore's Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Battlemat

Round 1

Jorr Natherson (unresolved)
Manticore (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Lulu (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 1
Is Lulu's initiative the same as Thordaks?

Mantooth! Get the other one! Thordak calls out to Mantooth before immediately swinging again at the beast.

Axe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 17
Crit: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 27
Damage: 2d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (8, 7) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 37

Lulu shrieks and claws at the beast again.

Beak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Talon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Talon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


@Tirion

Entering the Command Tent, Tirion stands before a hideous looking hobgoblin dressed in full red battle plate mail armor. He weilds a pick axe and a shield rests on the floor nearby. He wears a pair of steel gantlets which he impatiently taps on the arm of his throne like chair. From his throne he looks you over, sizing you up carefully. The Blackspawn Razorfiend then introduces the Hobgoblin Commander to you.

Draconic:
""This is Wyrmlord Hravek Kharn, The Favored Soul, the Talon of Tiamat, Commander of the Red Hand Forces. You may now give him your allegiance!"

Inside Tent


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Round 1

Jorr Natherson rushes out of the tower and draws his longbow, shooting the manticore.

Ranged Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Whair did yae come from, yae wee beastie?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I kneel down on one knee and bow my head respectfully.

Draconic:

All praise the mighty Queen, may she rule eternal.

Raising my head to Kharn, but remaining on one knee.
My Lord, it is a privilege. I have news from the south and west.

I was with that pitiful sneak Baron Trask when he turned on your forces. Due to my small stature, I was able to escape before all was lost. However, Trask's duplicity - I spit on the ground at the mention of his name - resulted in the loss of many good forces.

That human scum turned informant and brought the forces of Brindol, including their elite Brindol Lions upon us. Your forces fought valiantly in the name of their Queen, but they were simply overwhelmed by the number of Lions.

Seeing the shear number of Lions, I hid and escaped knowing that this information was critical for the Forces of the Red Hand. I do not know how much the scum Trask revealed, but assuredly forces are presently being raised in Brindol and the Elsir Vale. In addition, while I was there, a mighty barbed devil was seen within the city. I do not know what the relationship is between Brindol and Cheliax, however, there were rumors of a high ranking Cheliaxian ambassador in Brindol while we were there. We must be wary of infringing upon the claims of Asmodeus or we may have a foe far more powerful than the meager forces of the Elsir Vale.

After speaking, I once more bow my head.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

So, the question is, just how deep a hole can I dig myself.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 1
Mantooth attacks the same Manticore that LuLu, pushing his sword into the beast with great force.

Magnimarana Power Attack 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 = 16
Magnimarana Power Damage 1d10 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

Round 1

Matthias steps up to Thordak and casts cure light wounds on his friends.

"By the healing light of Sarenrae, let your wounds be healed!"

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Dungeon Master

Round 1

• Jorr shoots his arrow but misses.

• Manticores

The manticore (AW) turns and attacks Lulu.

Bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13,

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

The manticore (BF) attacks Thordak.

Bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12,

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

• Mantooth rushes up to attack the manticore, but it manages to avoid your attack.

• Although he is wounded by the razor sharp claws of the manticore, Thordak returns the blow with a critical strike bringing down the winged beast.

• Lulu attacks the other manticore and manages to bite it with her beak!

• Matthias rushes up to Thordak and lays hands upon him, healing some of his wounds.

Battlemat

Round 2

Jorr Natherson (unresolved)
Manticore (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Lulu (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 2
"Over here, vile hell-spawn!" Mantooth says, trying to get the beast to ignore Lulu with another swipe of his sword.

Magnimarana Power Attack 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 = 18
Magnimarana Power Damage 1d10 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 2
Thordak: 21/63 Lulu: 14/34

Hey, you leave Lulu alone ye big ugly bastard! Thordak says, charging the beast.

Axe: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 20

Lulu shrieks and backs away, rearing up on her hind legs with her talons flashing. 5' step back, Full defense


@Tirion

The great Wyrmlord addresses you in the tongue of the dragons.

Draconic:
"Rise, creature of the black dragon! I do not recall ever meeting you before. I was not aware that I had a spy of your stature working for me. Do not take me wrong. I am pleased that you are here working for Tiamat and the Red Hand, and I appreciate this news you bring."

Tirion wrote:
"I have news from the south and west."

"So, you say you came from the Southwest. Where about did you come from? I want details!"

Tirion wrote:
"I was with that pitiful sneak Baron Trask when he turned on your forces. Due to my small stature, I was able to escape before all was lost. However, Trask's duplicity - I spit on the ground at the mention of his name - resulted in the loss of many good forces."

"But tell me, why has that fool of a Baron betrayed us? Does he wish to incur the wrath of the Red Hand?! I thought he was begging for mercy and asking that we spare his pitiful town of Elsircross!"

Tirion wrote:
"We must be wary of infringing upon the claims of Asmodeus or we may have a foe far more powerful than the meager forces of the Elsir Vale."

"That is none of your concern. The High Wyrmlord Azarr Kul and Tiamat, The Queen of Dragons, will take care of them!"

@Bofus

If you indeed take the Invisibility potion, I need a Stealth Check with the bonuses from the potion and I need the coordinates of where you are going. What side of the tent are you going to?"


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Round 2

Jorr Natherson reloads his bow and releases another arrow at the manticore.

Ranged Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Hehe! Tak that, yae spikey tailed beastie!"


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

Round 2

Matthias applies his healing once again to Thordak.

"Sarenrae, heal this dwarf, for he needs your help more than ever! Close his wounds that he may use his axe and smite the evil we face!"

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Dungeon Master

Round 2

• Jorr Natherson shoots an arrow it hits it mark in the flank of the manticore.

• The Manticore turns and attacks Mantooth.

Bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 HIT!
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Claws 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10

• Mantooth draws the manticore's attack away from Lulu, but suffers for it. However, it does not stop him from delivering his own damage to the winged beast as Magnimarana slices into its hide.

• Thordak charges up and lands his axe into the neck of the beast, badly wounding it.

• Lulu, who is badly wounded, withdraws from the combat in fear for her own life against the manticore.

• Matthias follows Thordak across the bridge and lays his hands upon him to try and heal his wounds while the dwarf fights on.

Battlemat

Round 3

Jorr Natherson (unresolved)
Manticore (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Lulu (unresolved)
Matthias (unresolved)


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Round 3

Ranged Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Yae cannae hurt mae friends and expect tae get awa with it!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Draconic:

Yes, I have served as Baron Trask's eyes in Brindol for many years. Despite my heritage, few fear one as small as I. For many years, I have been a gatherer of information to assist in what I believed would be Trask's eventual triumph over Brindol. When I learned that he had joined forces with our great Queen Tiamat, you cannot imagine my joy.

Thus, I helped to organize a meeting between the Baron, your forward scouts, which included a magnificent drake, and member of Brindol who would see the present powers removed. However, during the midst of the meeting, we were attacked from all sides. However, Trask, may his soul forever fester, rather that fighting the Lions, merely smiled and retreated through the attackers whence he began to speak with their commander.

I wish I knew his reason for forsaking our great cause. But, clearly he has chosen the side which will be crushed, forsaking his people and his village in the process. What reward he has been granted for becoming a turncoat I do not know.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, here goes nothing . . .

I drink the potion. I've got 5 minutes of invisibility, so I'll use the best cover I can think of: Tiron and his guards!! I'll sneak behind them, and enter the tent with them (just behind).

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 20 = 44

Once I enter the tent, I stop and watch/look quietly

since there's at least one new guy here, and since I'll stop moving immediately upon entering, I'll give a new stealth check with the "not moving" bonus

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 + 40 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 40 = 73

Since I don't understand Draconic, I'll spend my limited time looking aroudn carefully for anything of informational value--maps, books, scrolls, etc. I'll also look for anything particuarly combustible, in case we need some sort of distraction to bugger out!!

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Aaaaaand I just had an idea . . . DMHW, from my experience with the Eyes of the Dragon, they don't actually glow in each other's presence, correct? You'll only see the glow of anotehr EoD if you're actively looking through one?


Perception Checks:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Blackspawn Guards look at each other and smile a wicked grin to each other as Tirion is brought into the tent. Bofus manages to sneak in immediately behind him.


@Bofus and Tirion

Looking around the room quickly, you notice the Wyrmlord's bedding on the east wall, next to a rack with various spears and weapons. Against the west side of the tent stand a few barrels on a leathery mat. Staked to the floor are two sets of chains and shackles. A rug in the center of the tent tries to brighten the gloomy chamber and Wyrmlord Kharn, himself, sits upon a simple, uncomfortable looking wooden throne. Behind the throne is a chest adjacent to two tables in each of the corners. On the tables appear maps, rosters and notes scrawled on parchment.

Wyrmlord Hravek Kharn's Perception Check:

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Inside the tent, The Wyrmlord does not appear to notice Bofus, or at least if he does, he does not give any indication. While Tirion and the Wyrmlord converse in Draconic, the commander suddenly grows angry and draws forth a great sword from behind his chair. He looks as if he is willing to use the sword if he does not get the answer he is looking for!

Draconic:

Tirion wrote:
"Thus, I helped to organize a meeting between the Baron, your forward scouts, which included a magnificent drake, and members of Brindol who would see the present powers removed. However, during the midst of the meeting, we were attacked from all sides. "

"Yes, I know this drake of which you speak. I was very fond of it!" Kharn draws his sword. "So, who disrupted that meeting?!!! Trask had some gems to give to me! What happened to them?!!! This is very important that you tell me, dragon gnome!"

Kharn's Tent

Bofus:
Yes, you are correct. The eyes do not glow unless seen through another EoD. And then it only will glow to the viewer through another EoD.


Dungeon Master

@Thordak and Mantooth

The Manticore
Round 3

The manticore continues his attack against Mantooh, but also strikes at Thordak with one of his claws.

Bite @Mantooth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claws @Mantooth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 HIT!
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

Claws @Thordak 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Is it just me, or is Navrak Kruel very similar to Hravek Kharn?

When I hear mention of the gems, I glance up at Kharn with a look of surprise.

Draconic:

Gems? What gems? If Trask had gems, then he must have taken them with him. I was not involved in obtaining any gems.

I know that Trask had a son also planted in Brindol and this son may have been involved in obtaining these gems.

I do not know what happened to magnificent beast, although with nearly three dozen Lions attacking in a closed space, I fear the worst. As I said, once I saw their overwhelming force, I fled believing that living to bring this information to the servants of the great Queen was more important than sacrificing myself.

I am sorry that I do not have more to offer you on Trask's plans, but his desertion was as much of a surprise to me as it appears to have been to you.

I pause for a moment thinking. . .
Wait, actually, now that I think of it. Just before the Lions attacked, Trask did mention that he had obtained a white gem and a green gem. I do recall Trask showing these to the Red Hand and I did see them but briefly, but this was just moments before the Lions burst in. I am sorry that I did not recall it earlier, but in the rush of the attack by the Lions, I did not think this important.

If you have a similar gem, I could probably tell you whether the ones I saw were the same.


Hravek Kharn manages to stay his sword, but his voice appears to be growing louder and more intense as the conversation progresses.

Draconic:

Tirion wrote:
"Gems? What gems? If Trask had gems, then he must have taken them with him. I was not involved in obtaining any gems."

"Of course he had the gems!!! That is the promise he made!! He negotiated those gems in exchange for his life and the life of his pathetic people. However, in that bargain, he also promised that the leadership in Brindol would crumble and that they would not be able to stop the Red Hand from walking in and crushing the filthy humans! The attack of the Lions does not sound like an incompetent disorganized leadership willing to surrender immediately! What cursed move is he trying now?!!"

Tirion wrote:
"I do not know what happened to magnificent beast, although with nearly three dozen Lions attacking in a closed space, I fear the worst."

"Grrrrraahhhh!" The Wyrmlord screams out!

Tirion wrote:
"Wait, actually, now that I think of it. Just before the Lions attacked, Trask did mention that he had obtained a white gem and a green gem. I do recall Trask showing these to the Red Hand and I did see them but briefly, but this was just moments before the Lions burst in. I am sorry that I did not recall it earlier, but in the rush of the attack by the Lions, I did not think this important."

"You fool! Of course the gems have significance! They are the Orbs of the Dragon! You better be telling the truth in all of this, gnome, or I will have your life!!""

Intimidate 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Tirion is Shaken for the next two rounds.

Tirion wrote:
" If you have a similar gem, I could probably tell you whether the ones I saw were the same."

"You will not see the Orbs of the Dragon! You are forbidden to even to glance upon them! How dare you even ask such a thing!"

Wyrmlord Kharn's Sense Motive Check:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 3

Thordak attempts to cleave the beast in two.

Axe:1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 20


Dungeon Master

Round 3

• Jorr Natherson shoots an arrow, piercing into the manticore, but the beast fights on with no remorse.
• The Manticore attacks Mantooth and Thordak and manages to slice into Mantooth.
• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Thordak takes Glimdraath and severs the head right off of the beast, immediately slaying it!

Again, the bridge is free of attackers!


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Patting Thordak on the back, Jorr Natherson says, "Nice! Nice! Nice! You're pretty handy with that axe my friend!"

Turning to Mantooth he adds, "An you're nae sae bad either, paladin!"

Looking at Matthias, he adds, "Did yae even think o' drawin that blade o' yours, or were yae goin tae pray that the beast wid fly awa!"


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11
Jorr Natherson wrote:
"Did yae even think o' drawin that blade o' yours, or were yae goin tae pray that the beast wid fly awa!"

"I did what my heart dictated, and I believe I saved a life today. Besides, the beast is dead, isn't it?!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Not sure what, if any, checks I should be making. I made the Bluff and Diplomacy checks earlier and assume that I do not have to continue rolling for them.

Bowing my head further.

Draconic:

Speaking as meekly as one can in Draconic.

I apologize for offending you m'Lord. I sought only to inform you of what had occurred in Brindol and the west. Had I know those gems were the Orbs of the Dragon, I would have sought to regain them before traveling here.

All that I ask is that I be allowed to continue to serve Queen Tiamat in her return so that her rule may extend across this land and the sniveling humans can be crushed like the bugs they are.

If you have no further need for me, I shall withdraw so that I can prepare to return to the west to further discern our enemies strengths. Your great Force of the Red Hand far exceeds the strength of the pathetic humans. I will do all within my power to assure that human trickery does not slow your victory.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'll take out one of the white EotD's and look through it, focusing mainly on the chest but glance around the room. As soon as I determine whether I can or can't see any other gems (and how many, if that's possible), I'll stowe it again.

Then, I'll move toward the closest table (to AS 24, between Tirion and the raging Kharn). Can I discern anything about the writing, notes, drawings, or whatever?

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 20 = 49
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


@Bofus & Tirion

Kharn's Perception Check:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The great Wyrmlord replies to Tirion,

Draconic:

Tirion wrote:
"If you have no further need for me, I shall withdraw so that I can prepare to return to the west to further discern our enemies strengths. Your great Force of the Red Hand far exceeds the strength of the pathetic humans. I will do all within my power to assure that human trickery does not slow your victory."

"That should do it, Gnome. . . Oh wait, one last question. What do you hear from Wyrmlord Koth? I was told that you have a report from him. Where in the abyss is the damn bugbear? We are waiting for his report and then we are all set to begin our march to victory. He is holding up the whole damn thing, and the High Wyrmlord Kul will not tolerate any more delays!"

@Bofus :

• Looking through one of your Eyes of the Dragon, you can see that the chest holds another two such gems.

• At a quick glance, you notice in the notes a lists of what numbers are actually in the horde. This is what it lists:

50 Blackspawn Raiders
100 Doom Hand Clerics
30 Doom Fist Monks
100 Blood Ghost Berserkers
120 Ogres
200 Goblin Worg Riders
200 Worgs
60 Hobgoblin Bladebearers
200 Hobgoblin Sergeants
200 Hobgoblin Veterans
1600 Hobgoblin Regulars
800 Hobgoblin Warriors

Plus an additional number of Manticores, Hill Giants, Hieracosphinxes, Barghests, Wyverns, and Kulkor Zhul Mindbers, and Kulkor Zhul Mindbenders.

At the bottom of the list, there is a question scrawled out on the bottom of the page that asks,

Undead from the Ghostlord?
Dragonspawn from Wyrmlord Saarvith's Hatchery?
Dragons from Tiamat?

General Kharn's Tent


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Draconic:

I did briefly meet with Wyrmlord Koth at the castle where I was able to briefly evade this rain which has made travel so treacherous. My understanding was that he would send his report as soon as his scout team returned. Apparently they were in the process of hunting some irksome human named Jar or Gor. It sounded as though he expected his scouts to return within a day or so. If his message traveled with the speed I did, I would expect his report within a few hours, a day at the most.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

[ooc]HP:28/63, Lulu: 14/34

Thordak rushes up to Lulu and takes a look at her wounds, doing his best to bind them.

Heal:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Bah! Oi just dunno wot te do with all these feathers! Hey Matthias, can you come help me?


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11
Thordak wrote:
"Bah! Oi just dunno wot te do with all these feathers! Hey Matthias, can you come help me?"

"It would be a pleasure." Matthias replies as he throws Jorr a glance. "I'm always willing to help a friend and his hippogriff!"

Matthias steps up and raises his hand into the air and calls forth the healing power of Sarenrae.

"Dawnflower of the Healing Flame, hear my prayer! Come to us now in this moment of need. The great and fluffy Lulu needs her wounds closed as does my friend Thordak. Come and bring us your healing light."

Channel Energy 5d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 6, 4) = 21
Channel Energy 5d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 3, 4) = 20

A bright light comes forth bathing everyone in a healing light! A wide smile comes to Matthias's face.


Suddenly, Wyrmlord Kharn voice grows in intensity as he glares at Tirion!

Draconic:

Tirion wrote:
"I did briefly meet with Wyrmlord Koth at the castle where I was able to briefly evade this rain which has made travel so treacherous. My understanding was that he would send his report as soon as his scout team returned.

"Filthy liar! A goblin worg rider has already escaped from Koth's keep and told me of his demise! I am also aware of band of heroes that have put an end to the bugbear and his regiment. Obviously, no such report will be coming anytime soon! I believe we have a spy in our midst, my Blackspawn Razorfiends! Take this scum out of my sight! Strip him. Chain him and take him to the Pit. Send for the Mindbenders and we will see what kind of information we can gleam from him!"

One of the Blackspawn Raiders suddenly grabs Tirion and attempts to bind him in shackles. The other two step forward from beside the chest to aid in the gnome's capture.

Tirion, Escape Artist Check DC 15 to attempt to free yourself from his grapple if you attempt to resist.

General Kharn's Tent


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

How dare you doubt me. I know not of what you speak. I have told you exactly what occurred, if some group of adventurers are following me, then you and your army should make ready. They were assuredly sent by Brindol to determine your strengths. If you were wise, you would improve your defenses here when Brindol arrives to attack in force.

However, my duty is to the Queen.

I turn and flee out of the door. From the description, I am not sure whether I am being attacked or not at this point.

As soon as I am outside, I will cast invisibility.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Seeing them go for Tirion and move from the chest . . .
This is too good an opportunity to pass up!!

. . . I quickly dart toward the chest . . .
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 20 = 44

. . . pull out my EotD, and check the chest for traps (and determine if it's locked)

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34 <--5 of that is from the EotD, subtract that out if it doesn't count!

Also keep my eye out, particuarly to see wehther everyone in the tent goes to aid in the chase or not.


Three of the Blackspawn Raiders race out the door in pursuit of Tirion. However, one remains with General Kharn in the Command Tent.

Battlemat

Bofus:

Indeed the Chest is trapped and locked . (Disable Device DC 20 for the Acid Trap and Disable Device DC 25 for the Lock. 30 Seconds per attempt.)


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thank ye Matt! Thordak says as his and Lulu's wounds heal before his eyes. Much better, eh Lulu? he says, patting her head.

Thordak: 63/63 Lulu 34/34

Now, where were we? Thordak says, resuming his inspection of the bridge.
DMHW: Did I find anything with that 23?


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

"So gentlemen, dae yae think we will have other visitors tonight, or dae yae think we can get some sleep aroond here? I am a wee bit nackered myself, sae if yae want tae tak the first watch, then gae ahead and keep watch. Be sure tae wake me when its my turn."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I cast Invisibility.

Then move to -Q/-6.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 20 = 29

Whisper: I am out, get out of there if you are in the tent. I have some oil and plan on creating a bit of a disturbance. How long do you need?


Perception Checks:

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The Blackspawn raiders search desperately for the escaped, invisible gnome, but have not found him yet.

However, the Manticores soon join the search and begin sniffing around as well.

Battlemat


Dungeon Master

@Thordak

Thordak wrote:

"Alright, Oi'll take a look... "Thordak grumbles, clearly still not in favor.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Upon inspecting the bridge, Thordak marvels at the craftsmanship and the skill with which the great structure was created. Clearly the work of the Father of Creation had a hand in this work. However, with careful study, the dwarven ranger is able to gain great insight into dwarven bridge construction and commit it to memory.

Bonus Trait Granted to Thordak:

• Dwarven Bridge Insight. Grants a +2 Bonus on all Knowledge, Engineering Checks.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Alright, Oi'll take the first watch then. Oi'll wake ye after a coupla hours. Thordak says, leaning against a tower of the bridge.
I assume we want to sleep inside one of the towers? DMHW: is this what they call a boon?


Dungeon Master

Sleeping in one of the towers makes a good deal of sense, especially since it is still raining. In regards to the boon, I suppose that is what it's called. It's certainly not typically granted in any of the rules, but when something fits well with the story, I am happy to do it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whisper* do your distraction NOW. HE's got 2 Eyes in the chest, if I can get them I iwll. Go--don't worry about me

I hang in the tent for another minute, in the hopes they'll leave and join the search. In that time, I'll move back to the table and look carefully at what's there--see if there's any one thing that I might nick for good information (book?).

If they do leave the tent in the next minute, I'll get to work right away on the chest. If they don't . . . I'll attempt to grab one thing of apparent (informational) value from the table, and roll out under the tent back (from -Q -11 to -R -11, then make a bee-line toward the bridge.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I move to -R/-9 and empty my flask of oil along the back of the tent.

Whisper - I am going to dump some oil and then light the tent on fire with my prestidigitation abilities. Then head back to the road. If we get split up, meet me by the trees where we stopped before proceeding into the camp. I will summon a horse as soon as we are out of camp. I still can cast invisibility 3 more times today as necessary, it lasts about 5 minutes if we do not attack.

If I see a manticore getting close, I will move away.

I will then move to -U/-11 and cast Prestidigitation as a spell like ability (gnome). I will use this to lift and move a small burning log or coal from the torch and move it to the oil I just dumped. If I can just pick up a burning log (which will turn it invisible), I will do this instead.
--> Using prestidigitation as spell like abilities requires no verbal or somatic components.

Once I have done this, I assume this will take 2-3 rounds, I will begin to move back to the road toward the bridge. I will run if possible, but attempt to be quiet.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 20 = 38
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 20 = 28 <-- Not sure if you want these, or how many.


@Tirion

You lift a small burning log and move it to the oil on the tent. In a short while, the Wyrmlord's tent begins to burn and is soon consumed in flames. If you heard the cursing in the tent earlier, it is nothing compared to the utter rage Wyrmlord Kharn is showing now as he flees the tent with his chest.

@Bofus

Wyrmlord Kharn does not appear to be taking chase. Instead he stands with his greatsword drawn with his Blackspawn body guard at his side. The general begins cursing in some foul language.

Meanwhile, you looking quickly across the table of parchments, and you do find one important looking letter written in a fancy draconic script, that looks very important. You quickly grab that as well as the roster of creatures in the horde. You then sneak out under the flap of the tent.

With great care and stealth, you invisibly make your way through the horde and back south and east along the Dawn Way. You notice Kharn's tent in flames as you depart.

Battlemat

4,751 to 4,800 of 10,665 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.