Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


301 to 350 of 10,249 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human 2

Matthias tries to push that last jump out of his mind as he urges Humphrey forward once again.

Spur Mount: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

3rd Turn Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Spur Mount Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

4th Turn Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Jump Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Matthias and DMHW need to read the OOC thread before the race is over please!!!


Dungeon Master

@ Matthias. For the third minute you will have two more turns and the 4th wooden fence jump (DC 12). For the fourth minute you will have 2 turns and the stone wall jump (DC 15) Please roll at your convenience.

The portly announcer calls out, “Look at this folks! Here comes Midnight Magic jumping over the third fence with ease. Snap Dragon and Eclipse are coming in right behind her. Now comes Jared Kaal riding on Storm Watch. . . . Kaal has fallen off of Storm Watch on the third fence. He is down, . . . but not for long. Look at that quick remount! You do not see moves like that everyday.

Now here is a sight to behold. Teskerwill on Prince Kazoun is driving past each of them with an amazing burst of speed. He passes Snap Dragon, Then Eclipse and then Storm Watch. He takes the third jump with brilliant ease, leaving Jared Kaal in the mud and pulling into second place gaining on Midnight Magic! Here comes Abacus. . .no, he did not make the jump. Otyugh has made the leap, but Honey Bee and Sabre have missed it.

After 2 minutes Humphrey Distance Traveled = 420 + 530 = 950 ft.

Third Minute of Steeple Chase You are all welcome to read the results. Please note that the finish line is at 2000 feet.

Otyugh Outlaw:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10
Soft Fall Check 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1

Total Distance Traveled = 310 + 500 +400 = 1210

Honey Bee Hydra:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
5th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13
6th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10
Soft Fall Check (DC 15)1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10

Total Distance Traveled = 310 + 400 + 400 = 1110

Sabre:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
6th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Soft Fall Check (DC 15) 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (11) - 5 = 6

Total Distance Traveled = 320 + 410 + 500 = 1230

Snap Dragon:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Soft Fall Check (DC 15) 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 505 + 405 = 1330

Eclipse:

Spur Mount Check(DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 1
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 10
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 17
4th Jump (DC 12):1d20 ⇒ 7
Soft Fall Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (20) - 5 = 15

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 500 + 505 = 1425

Abaccus:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Soft Fall Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 410 + 515 = 1345

Midnight Magic:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
4th Jump (DC 12):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Soft Fall Check (DC 15):1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1

Total Distance Traveled = 530 + 505 + 405 = 1440

Storm Watch:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
5th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
6th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
4th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Soft Fall Check(DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Fast Remount Check (DC 20): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 460 + 505 = 1385

Current Standing After 3 minutes:

Midnight Magic = 1440 ft.
Prince Kazoun = 950 + ?
Eclipse = 1425 ft.
Storm Watch = 1385 ft.
Abaccus = 1345 ft.
Snap Dragon = 1330 ft.
Sabre = 1230 ft.
Otyugh Outlaw = 1210 ft.
Honey Bee Hydra = 1110 ft.

Cebrë:
I was reading detect magic and it say you use Knowledge arcana to determine the school of magic and spellcraft to identify its properties. I am just going to use spellcraft. This is what you find out:

Ring to release an Arcane Lock (Moderate Aura of Abjuration); CL 8.
Wand of Magic Missile (Moderate Aura of Evocationn); CL 5th (23 charges remain)

Bofus:
Bofus wrote:
Does Bofus think that Dalgar has romantic interest in Thordak, or is it something else?

Dalgar’s relationship is an enigma for Thordak as well. She is obviously very fond of Thordak, but she seems more grandmotherly than romatically attracted. You are not clear on her motive.


Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:
He'll also intercept Dalgar as Thordak runs away. PARDON ME ma'am, couldn't help but notice you talking about you booth, and the lovely potions you have at the ready. Maybe you can help me out . . . see, I'm experimenting with how to remove or neutralize poison. In your professional opinion, could really strong spirits do the trick? Or would I require something different?

Dalgar replies to you. "Well hello, little boy. What is your name? Have you lost your parents around here? Here, take my hand and I will bring you back to my booth. I may have some candy for you. . ."

"My, you do seem very prococious, asking about poisons and all. Well, I do have an elixir that would be good for neutralizing poisons. Did your mother teach you that drinking poison is bad for you. You know that don’t you?"

She looks through some crates of vials and pulls out a dark blue liquid in a glass bottle. "Here, try this. It is one of the most powerful antidotes I know for poison. Even if you have injested poison, this may also help by drinking small amounts. Now, did your mother give you some coins to help purchase this? "

Bofus wrote:
He also glances at the race, as he's got a bit of a personal interest in it too. He interrupts what Dalgar might ahve been saying with an OH OH excuse me, but let's move closer to the action--this looks to be an exciting race!!

"Did you want to go look at the horsies young man? I will take you dear." Dalgar takes your hand and accompanies you over to the track.

Bofus wrote:
He pulls her closer to the track, away from Thordak, and yells out to Matthias Go Matti!! You go ahead and give him a view of what he really is: A MAGNIFICENT HORSE'S ASS!!

"Watch your language, young man! You know better than to swear in public like that! I have some soap and water that works better as a cure for cursing than any potion I know. I have a mind to go get it for you right now!

@Mantooth. Kiana bends down and inspects the body of the old man. Well, Mantooth, it looks like he has died of natural causes. Perhaps we should give him his last rites and release his soul from this earthly plane. Do you wish to say a prayer on his behalf? or shall I?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:

Mantooth nods to Cebrë, looking from her to the recently deceased old man.

Good day, Cebrë. How has your morning been? Mantooth then paused, realizing he asked this question to someone who was only recently in the company of a deceased stranger ..besides this? You missed a rather interesting encounter that we will have to fill you in on later.

At Mantooth's words, Cebrë glances down to the old man a moment and returns her gaze to Mantooth with a touch of sadness in her eyes,

Poor,poor, soul...so weary with trouble.
She shakes her head and sighs.
Well, I've had quite the morning my self but I won't be rude , here she nods to the preistess, so the tale will have to wait.

Whispered to Mantooth with a dead serious expression - I hope you haven't gotten into any trouble again! Did the ugly tattoo face show up again? Anyway - you may tell me later

Here she winks at Mantooth and laughs.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth nods to Cebrë's wink, indicating that she will indeed have to be informed later of what transpired.

Kiana wrote:


Well, Mantooth, it looks like he has died of natural causes. Perhaps we should give him his last rites and release his soul from this earthly plane. Do you wish to say a prayer on his behalf? or shall I?

Turning back to Kiana, Mantooth's face is suddenly more serious as he stands at the deceased man's feet now, taking the silver pendant of Iomedae out from under his scale mail. Grasping the pendant in his left hand and gesturing with his right out in front of him, Mantooth said the stranger's last rites aloud.

I call upon thee, great Iomedae, master of all that is just and righteous, to open the way for this weary soul. Let the divine fire of the goddess of Valor now descend so that this being might be awakened to a world beyond that of life on earth... Mantooth paused for a moment before finishing the rite, having only done this once before he was not entirely sure what he was doing but tried not to show it. ...and infused with the power of Aroden's Herald!

With that, Mantooth raised his pendant slightly, his eyes closed while saying a silent prayer. Once he had finished, he tucked the necklace back under his armor and undershirt.


Dungeon Master

Let it be so! Kiana completes the prayer. "Very well done, Mantooth. You should consider completing the Rite of the Lighted Sword and becoming a Priest of the Inheritor."

Next she turns to the guards and says, "We should make some inquiries about the identity of this man. Find out anything you can about him. Next of kin will need to be informed. Other than that, there is little that we can do for him. Please bring the corpse down to the Temple of Pharasma in town and send word that Kiana Lynray has sent him. Thanks.

Turning to Cebrë, she says, "Well, it appears he has lived a full life. However, it does seem strange to finish it here at the North Downs on the day of the tournament. Is there anything worth noting about his final moments?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
"Well hello, little boy. What is your name? Have you lost your parents around here? Here, take my hand and I will bring you back to my booth. I may have some candy for you. . ."

This made me LOL, dude. Seriously.

Bofus ignores the doddering at first, but at the threat of soap, he looks at her sternly, and says Ma'am, I'm 22 years old. Let's talk about the poison neutralizing after the race, shall we?

I'm not sure if she's actually mistaken, or putting on a show . . .

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human 2

Matthias clears the last jump and sees that he has come into second place. He prays to the god Sarenrae to help guide him and Humphrey into the lead.
Concentration Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Guidance: 1d20 ⇒ 10

He spurs Humphrey twoards the first turn

Spur Mount: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

5th Turn Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

6th Turn Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

4th Fence Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Matthias Teskerwill wrote:

Matthias clears the last jump and sees that he has come into second place. He prays to the god Sarena to help guide him and Humphrey into the lead.

Concentration Check: 1d20
Guidance: 1d20

He spurs Humphrey twoards the first turn

Matthias, it may be out of place for me to say, but you should be able to attempt to cast Guidance before every check you make, as casting the spell is a standard action (the only time you might have a problem is if you fall--it will takea move action to get up, then a move action to mount unless you make your check.

Also, note that the DC to make the check is 15 (violent movement, 0 level spell). Your concentration check is d20+caster level+wis modifier.

Finally, since DMHW didn't reprimand me for bringing up casting Guidance, I won't feel bad bringing up that you can also cast Cure Light Wounds on Humphrey if you're worried about your Spur Mount damage (but this time the DC will be 16 as it's a 1st level spell). Good luck

I can't stand the suspense . . . it looks to my eyes as if . . .
Distance traveled: 500ft (no falls!!) + 10 spur + 10 turns + 10 for best ride checks in turns = 530 ft

Total: 530+950+10 for previous "first in the turn" bonuses DMHW didn't add but told me he would (yes I've been tlaking about this-I've got 20 gp riding on it!!) is 1490--FIRST PLACE!!!

(note that Storm Watch should also gain 10' due to previously unawarded "best in turn" ride checks--but also note that's still a fairly distant 4th place)

Please note that mine is clearly not the final word, I'm just too psyched not to post this. DMHW, feel free to slap my wrist for jumping the gun if you wish. ;-)

YEAH MATTI!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!!! LET 'EM EAT DIRT!!


Dungeon Master

Thanks everyone with your help in arithmetic. This is what I am calculating:

Current Standing After 3 minutes:

Prince Kazoun = 1490 ft.
Eclipse = 1425 ft.
Midnight Magic = 1415 ft.
Storm Watch = 1385 ft.
Abaccus = 1345 ft.
Snap Dragon = 1330 ft.
Sabre = 1230 ft.
Otyugh Outlaw = 1210 ft.
Honey Bee Hydra = 1100 ft.

Matthias, please post your last leg of the race. Two turns and the stone fence jump (DC 15). Good luck!


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Turning to Cebrë, she says, "Well, it appears he has lived a full life. However, it does seem strange to finish it here at the North Downs on the day of the tournament. Is there anything worth noting about his final moments?"

Hmm, well, the guards appeared to regard him as mad. I just thought he needed someone to listen to him.

He seemed quite sane to me. Apparently, he believed he had a vision of bad things happening to Brindol.

Cebrë shrugs, I might be upset too if I had such a vision.

I wonder if anyone knows who he is

Cebrë pauses a moment and looks inquisitively at Kiana

What's strange about the North Downs?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Thanks everyone with your help in arithmetic. This is what I am calculating:

Current Standing After 3 minutes:

Prince Kazoun = 1490 ft.
Eclipse = 1425 ft.
Midnight Magic = 1415 ft.
Storm Watch = 1385 ft.
Abaccus = 1345 ft.
Snap Dragon = 1330 ft.
Sabre = 1230 ft.
Otyugh Outlaw = 1210 ft.
Honey Bee Hydra = 1100 ft.

Matthias, please post your last leg of the race. Two turns and the stone fence jump (DC 15). Good luck!

Bofus watches, measuring the distances carefully.

Wow . .. he's *that* far ahead of Eclipse? All he has to do is make that last jump and he's got it in the bag!! Even if he doesn't, he could still win if he can get back on Humphrey fast enough! Storm Watch is far enough back that no matter what, Matthias will keep his horse, at least.


Male Human 2

Matthias takes the lead after that last leg but knows he has to keep it up if he wants first. He prays yet again to Sarenrae hoping she will see him and Humphrey through this victorious.

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 3 = 13
Guidance: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Spur Mount: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 3 = 14
Guidance: 1d20 ⇒ 1

7th Turn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

8th Turn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 = 7
Guidance: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Stone Jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Matthias Teskerwill wrote:

Matthias takes the lead after that last leg but knows he has to keep it up if he wants first. He prays yet again to Sarenrae hoping she will see him and Humphrey through this victorious.

YOU, sir, are awesome!! That's when you roll big--exactly when you need to.

My unofficial estimation is that, even if Eclipse made the Spur Mount check, cleared the jump, AND beat Prince K on both turns, he'd only gain 10', which is clearly not enough to overtake the 65' lead. This halfling says you win!!

one more thing: please check the OOC board, matthias--quick comment

Bofus leads the hearty cheers for Matthias and Humphrey!! WOO-HOO!!!


Dungeon Master

Fourth Minute of Steeple Chase You are all welcome to read the results. Please note that the finish line is at 2000 feet.

Otyugh Outlaw:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3
5th Jump (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14
Soft Fall Check 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14

Total Distance Traveled = 310 + 500 +400 + 400 = 1610

Honey Bee Hydra:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
7th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10
8th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
5th Jump (DC 15): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6
Soft Fall Check (DC 15)1d20 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1

Total Distance Traveled = 300 + 400 + 400 +400 = 1500

Sabre:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
8th Turn (DC 15):1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7
5th Jump (DC 12): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Soft Fall Check (DC 15) 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (10) - 5 = 5

Total Distance Traveled = 320 + 410 + 500 +405= 1635

Snap Dragon:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
5th Jump (DC 15): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Soft Fall Check (DC 15) 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 505 + 405 +400 = 1730

Eclipse:

Spur Mount Check(DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 15
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 5
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 14
5th Jump (DC 15):1d20 ⇒ 10
Soft Fall Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 500 + 505 + 405= 1830

Abaccus:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
5th Jump (DC 15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Soft Fall Check (DC 15): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 410 + 515 + 415= 1760

Midnight Magic:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
5th Jump (DC 15):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Soft Fall Check (DC 15):1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10

Total Distance Traveled = 505 + 505 + 405 + 410= 1825

Storm Watch:

Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
7th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
8th Turn (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
5th Jump (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Spur Mount Check (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Total Distance Traveled = 420 + 460 + 505 +525= 1910

Humphrey:

Total Distance Traveled = 950 + 540 + 520 = 2010

The portly announcer screams in excitement. Look at this Folks! This is unbelievable!!! Prince Kazoun, the pride of the Teskerwill family has won the race by a long stretch!!

The roar of the crowd is unbelievable. Spectators are on their feet cheering and shouting!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
"DM Harpwizard wrote:

The portly announcer screams in excitement. Look at this Folks! This is unbelievable!!! Prince Kazoun, the pride of the Teskerwill family has won the race by a long stretch!!

The roar of the crowd is unbelievable. Spectators are on their feet cheering and shouting!

See him?!?! DA'S me boy, right there!!

Bofus tries to head over to the Winner's Circle to congratulate his friend. His ulterior motive, though, is to make sure he sees the Kaals eat the healthy dose of crow that's a-comin . . .


Dungeon Master

Seconds after Matthias won the race, Storm Watch, who appears badly hurt carries his rider over the finish line. Next comes Eclipse, followed by Midnight Magic, Abaccus, Snap Dragon, Sabre, Otyugh Outlaw and lastly Honey Bee Hyrda.

Jarred Kaal glares at the Matthias and shouts at him. ”You may have won this time, Teskerwill, but it is too bad that you don’t put it to use in battle with the Brindol Lions.

Synastra Urlast, the rider of Midnight Magic approaches Matthias and congratulates him. That was some nice riding, Master Teskerwill. You and your horse were at one with each other. Once you got around the back stretch, there was no stopping you. Congratulations!

In a moment several judges gather and lay a wreath of flowers around Humphrey. The chief judge, Harmon Stipplelock approaches and announces to the crowd. It is with great pleasure that I present to you, the Champion of the Steeple Chase at the Elsir Vale Tournament of Heroes, Master Matthias Tesskerwill! He then places a gold medallion around Matthias’ neck and gives him a sack of gold. ( 250 gold pieces ) Harmon Stipplelock shakes your hand and quietly says, ”Congratulations again, young sir. I was hoping you would come through for us! You have made us proud!”

After the awarding of the medallion, the crowds slowly begin to disperse. Matthias is approached by the tall noblewoman with a dark scowl who he immediately recognizes as Lady Verasa Kaal.

"I don't know how you won, young man, but I better not have found out that you were cheating. I want to remind you that I know everything that happens in this town and I will find out sooner or later! Nevertheless, I have given my word, and it appears that I must now relinquish my hold over your family. Consider the debt cancelled. However, you may not expect such generosity on my part a second time." The woman turns abruptly and walks away.

Cebrë wrote:
What's strange about the North Downs?

Kiana answers Cebrë. "Well, there is nothing particularly strange about the North Downs. This site has been used for large events like this for years. However, I was just thinking, if I wasn't well, I'm not sure that I would be coming to a crowded event such as this for my last moments. Well, if I find out any information about his identity, I will let you know. Likewise, if you think of anything else you remember, please come talk to me. You can always find me at the Cathedral. My entire life is there."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

The portly announcer screams in excitement. Look at this Folks! This is unbelievable!!! Prince Kazoun, the pride of the Teskerwill family has won the race by a long stretch!!

The roar of the crowd is unbelievable. Spectators are on their feet cheering and shouting!

Thordak, who has been on his feet cheering and shouting for some time now, continues.

Hippyhuuuuuuu!!!! Thattaboy, Humphrey, thattaboy!

Thordak waits for Matthias at the stables. When he and Humphrey come over, he gives them both pats. Nice racing! Oi couldn't have done better moiself! He jests.

Oi see your pouch is almost as large as moine! Hrahahrhahahaha! He jests again, pointing to Matthias' winnings.

Alright, les' get goin', we wanna meet again before Mantooth's fight...Where is that guy anyhow?


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth, hearing the cheers from the steeple chase finishing, can only hope that his new friend Mattias has taken won first place and kept his horse. He looks from Cebrë to Kiana, unsure exactly of how to proceed. Well, the open combat is slated as the next event, and I must prepare. I hope to see you both in the crowd. Mantooth bids farewell to Kiana and then turns to Cebrë. Would you like to head over to the steeple chase to see if we can locate our companions?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:
Mantooth, hearing the cheers from the steeple chase finishing, can only hope that his new friend Mattias has taken won first place and kept his horse. He looks from Cebrë to Kiana, unsure exactly of how to proceed. Well, the open combat is slated as the next event, and I must prepare. I hope to see you both in the crowd. Mantooth bids farewell to Kiana and then turns to Cebrë. Would you like to head over to the steeple chase to see if we can locate our companions?

Well, I suppose I should go see if they're staying out of trouble.

Kiana, it was a pleasure to meet you.

She smiles a pale smile and turns to the old man,

Farewell, I hope you find some rest from your trouble.

to Mantooth, Shall we?

assuming Mantooth follows

Cebrë says nothing for a while but simply plays a mournful tune upon her flute as they walk.

After a while she stops playing and says, Their was more to that old man than I said back there. I've written it all down though. I think we should perhaps discuss it with the others


Male Human 2
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Seconds after Matthias won the race, Storm Watch, who appears badly hurt carries his rider over the finish line. Next comes Eclipse, followed by Midnight Magic, Abaccus, Snap Dragon, Sabre, Otyugh Outlaw and lastly Honey Bee Hyrda.

Jarred Kaal glares at the Matthias and shouts at him. ”You may have won this time, Teskerwill, but it is too bad that you don’t put it to use in battle with the Brindol Lions.

Synastra Urlast, the rider of Midnight Magic approaches Matthias and congratulates him. That was some nice riding, Master Teskerwill. You and your horse were at one with each other. Once you got around the back stretch, there was no stopping you. Congratulations!

In a moment several judges gather and lay a wreath of flowers around Humphrey. The chief judge, Harmon Stipplelock approaches and announces to the crowd. It is with great pleasure that I present to you, the Champion of the Steeple Chase at the Elsir Vale Tournament of Heroes, Master Matthias Tesskerwill! He then places a gold medallion around Matthias’ neck and gives him a sack of gold. ( 250 gold pieces ) Harmon Stipplelock shakes your hand and quietly says, ”Congratulations again, young sir. I was hoping you would come through for us! You have made us proud!”

"I don't know how you won, young man, but I better not have found out that you were cheating. I want to remind you that I know everything that happens in this town and I will find out sooner or later! Nevertheless, I have given my word, and it appears that I must now relinquish my hold over your family. Consider the debt cancelled. However, you may not expect such generosity on my part a second time." The woman turns abruptly and walks away.

@ portly man: Matthias graciously receives the gold and medallion from the portly fellow with a broad smile upon his face.

Thank you very much for these awards it was quite a race!

Matthias mingles with the other riders shaking their hands until he comes upon Mistress Kaal.

In response to her remarks Matthias answers There was no cheating involved and am insulted you would insinuate as much. I will speak to my parents and I expect when I do you have given word that their debt is gone. Matthias lingers a moment longer seeing if she has a response before departing and looking for his companions.

Thordak comes lumbering over with a grin on his face offering congratulations Thank you thank you it looks like were both champions now! Matthias replies giving the dwarf a pat on the back. You're right, we should seek out the others before Mantooth's competition have you seen any of them around? Matthias asks as he scans the crowd.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:

[

After a while she stops playing and says, Their was more to that old man than I said back there. I've written it all down though. I think we should perhaps discuss it with the others

Mantooth nods to his companions comment, looking around to see if anyone is listening and also to see if he can spot anyone he knows as they walk towards the winner's circle of the steeple chase.

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Trying to keep his voice low enough so no one else may hear, Mantooth addresses Cebrë
Indeed, you will have to fill us in later. Once we regroup at the steeple chase grounds the lot of us have a meeting with the Magistrate about our favorite competitor. He has finally agreed to help us after much.. deliberation..

DMHW:
I am not really sure how my competition is going to work. Am I going to be fighting multiple people? Will we be playing with wooden swords? Also, are you enjoying my unfortunate perception checks as much as I am?


Dungeon Master
Bofus the little boy wrote:
Ma'am, I'm 22 years old. Let's talk about the poison neutralizing after the race, shall we?

"What? . . . . Oh you must be one of those halflings! Forgive me, dearie, I do not run into your kind that often. A simple mistake, but still, you must watch that language coming out of your mouth!"

During the Steeple Chase, Dalgar watches with great interest and gets completely caught up in the excitement! Go get 'em boy! . . . Watch out for that stone wall! . . .Yes . . . Almost there! Yahhoooooo!

Bofus wrote:
See him?!?! DA'S me boy, right there!!

Dalgar replies, "You know that young man who won? My dearie, he was very good at riding with that horse. I wonder what he feeds her."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Bofus the little boy wrote:
Ma'am, I'm 22 years old. Let's talk about the poison neutralizing after the race, shall we?

"What? . . . . Oh you must be one of those halflings! Forgive me, dearie, I do not run into your kind that often. A simple mistake, but still, you must watch that language coming out of your mouth!"

Well, I only call it like I see it. One of those competitors really *is* a magnificent horse's tail-end, believe me!

I'll come to your booth in a bit, I need to take care of a few things first. Later!

Bofus slips away quickly--again, to try to catch the Kaals' reactions. If he manages to hear the Lady's nasty words, then Bofus will comment to Matthias, nice and loudly:

Well, there are certain words to describe that kind of person. "Unsportsmanlike," "ungracious . . ." most of the rest shouldn't be spoken in public. *wink* NIcely done! I'll meet you guys "over there" in a few.

He then heads over to his bookie to collect, and to get odds for the combat competiton if they're available. I'll be back to place at least one bet, maybe more, depending.


Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:

Bofus slips away quickly--again, to try to catch the Kaals' reactions. If he manages to hear the Lady's nasty words, then Bofus will comment to Matthias, nice and loudly:

Well, there are certain words to describe that kind of person. "Unsportsmanlike," "ungracious . . ." most of the rest shouldn't be spoken in public. *wink* NIcely done! I'll meet you guys "over there" in a few.

People step out of her way as the imposing noblewoman strides straight over to the little rogue and glares down at him. "Well, well, well . . . What do we have here? . . . an impertinent little halfling. Do I know you?"

Bofus wrote:
He then heads over to his bookie to collect, and to get odds for the combat competiton if they're available. I'll be back to place at least one bet, maybe more, depending.

Vincent Lambeau looks you up and down carefully. “You placed fifty crowns on Prince Azoun. You got pretty lucky with that one . . . or did you get a tip?” The halfling waits an awkwardly long time as Lambeau awaits the answer.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Bofus wrote:

Bofus slips away quickly--again, to try to catch the Kaals' reactions. If he manages to hear the Lady's nasty words, then Bofus will comment to Matthias, nice and loudly:

Well, there are certain words to describe that kind of person. "Unsportsmanlike," "ungracious . . ." most of the rest shouldn't be spoken in public. *wink* NIcely done! I'll meet you guys "over there" in a few.

People step out of her way as the imposing noblewoman strides straight over to the little rogue and glares down at him. "Well, well, well . . . What do we have here? . . . an impertinent little halfling. Do I know you?"

Bofus is secretly delighted to have ticked off the head Kaal, but will fake an obsequiousness he does not feel.

Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

*bow* No, m'lady, and I apologize for the impertinance. It's just that . . . where I come from, if someone makes a bet, it's simply considered sour grapes to gripe about losing and accuse the winner of cheating. Allow me to humbly take back my comments and simply state that I hope everyone involved is the wiser for this experience. *bow*

Bofus would not put it past Rotskill to be in cahoots with the Kaals, so I'm keeping a close eye out during this exchange.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Quote:


Bofus wrote:
He then heads over to his bookie to collect, and to get odds for the combat competiton if they're available. I'll be back to place at least one bet, maybe more, depending.
Vincent Lambeau looks you up and down carefully. “You placed fifty crowns on Prince Azoun. You got pretty lucky with that one . . . or did you get a tip?” The halfling waits an awkwardly long time as Lambeau awaits the answer.

Bofus doesn't allow the silence to linger. He looks at the bookie in shock and dismay.

Ex-CUSE me?? Betting big on the 2 to 1, is that so crazy? It just so happens that I know the rider personally, and I was aware of his skill. So, if "being knowledgeable" amounts to "a tip," then HELLS YEAH. I happen to know a number of competitors today, and I plan to bet on most of them--and big too. If you don't want my business, tell me now, and I'll find someone else who does!

(I'll assume he won't turn me away, at least not yet--but Bofus does allow for a pregnant pause)

OK then. I believe you owe me 40 gold? As much as I'd love to take advantage of this "DM mistake in player favor," the previous posts will clealry show that I bet 20 crowns, not 50, on Prince Azoun. DMHW, if you decide to give it to me anyway, so be it!! hehehe Now, my good man, here is a tip for your troubles *flips him 2 gp* and if you'll be so kind as to tell me the odds for the melee, I'll almost definitely be back before the event begins for another wager--AND, if you care for me to, I'll also pass on your name to any folks I think might enjoy some action as well.


Dungeon Master

@ Bofus. The bookie smiles at you and says, "There is no problem, Master Halfling. I was just curious about your information.” Lambeau pulls out a small pouch and tosses it to Bofus. “Here you go. Forty crowns plus your original twenty. I am still working on the odds for the Open Combat. See me just before the event if you want to place a bet. I will be at the arena. As you start walking away, Vincent calls out to you, more as an afterthought, ”By the way, halfling, what do your sources tell you about Longbrow, the Paldin of Iomedae?”

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
@ Bofus. The bookie smiles at you and says, "There is no problem, Master Halfling. I was just curious about your information.” Lambeau pulls out a small pouch and tosses it to Bofus. “Here you go. Forty crowns plus your original twenty. I am still working on the odds for the Open Combat. See me just before the event if you want to place a bet. I will be at the arena. As you start walking away, Vincent calls out to you, more as an afterthought, ”By the way, halfling, what do your sources tell you about Longbrow, the Paldin of Iomedae?”

I'll be honest with you. I happen to know he's a very trustworthy and honorable guy with a *very* purdy sword--but I don't know how he actually fights. He's one of the competitors I know personally, but it's a recent relationship--I'll bet on him out of loyalty if nothing else. There's another guy, some huge red-tattooed-faced barbarian type who i'm a little afraid of.

Bofus looks around conspiratorially. *I* heard some things about the Varisian named Rotskill and a possible angle in the Gauntlet of Traps. . . I, for one frown on cheating and will be betting on the halfling--for obvious reasons! But . . . *shrug*

@DM: Please note I haven't given him my name and have no intentions of letting him know that I plan to bet HEAVILY on myself for the Gauntlet!! Let me know if you requrie any rolls or anything.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

After leaving Lambeau's tent, he heads back to Dalgar's booth. He addresses her with a wink and a wave.

Hey Gram! So, do you have a moment to discuss poisons and how to neutralize them? I'm looking specifically for something to wash off or neutralize poison that's been applied to an object, rather than counter the effects of poison after it's been injected or injested--ounce of prevention and all that! In your professional opinion, do I need something specialized, or would something like this work? Careful when you inhale, it's quite potent.

he takes out the flask of spirits and holds it up for her to sniff


Dungeon Master
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:

After leaving Lambeau's tent, he heads back to Dalgar's booth. He addresses her with a wink and a wave.

Hey Gram! So, do you have a moment to discuss poisons and how to neutralize them? I'm looking specifically for something to wash off or neutralize poison that's been applied to an object, rather than counter the effects of poison after it's been injected or injested--ounce of prevention and all that! In your professional opinion, do I need something specialized, or would something like this work? Careful when you inhale, it's quite potent.

He takes out the flask of spirits and holds it up for her to sniff

Dalgar takes the flask in her hands, sniffs it and carefully inspects the bottle. Hmmmm? . . . May I work on this for a while? She asks. Sonny, I will let you know in a couple hours what I think of this. She pulls out an alchemist kit and begins experimenting.

Please tell where you are all planning to meet and/or if you are all going together or separately.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:


Dalgar takes the flask in her hands, sniffs it and carefully inspects the bottle. Hmmmm? . . . May I work on this for a while? She asks. Sonny, I will let you know in a couple hours what I think of this. She pulls out an alchemist kit and begins experimenting.

Ummm, you need to experiment on that? It's booze. *shrug* OK, have at it. I'll come back later--tell me how much I owe you then, OK? Thanks!

What a strange person

DM Harpwizard wrote:


Please tell where you are all planning to meet and/or if you are all going together or separately.

Bofus heads toward the East gate, keeping an eye out for his friends and enemies both.

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

He'll loiter close enough near the gatehouse to observe what's going on, but not close enough to be spotted. If he sees any of his friends approaching, he'll join them. Until then, he stays out of sight.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:


Please tell where you are all planning to meet and/or if you are all going together or separately.

Thordak waits for Matthias to finish feeding Humphrey. As he and Matt proceed walking over to the east gate, Thordak keeps his eyes out for Mantooth and Cebre on the way to meet the magistrate.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Oi hope there's nothin' foul here this time! He says in a low, grumbly tone. If that man is untrue Oi'll break his every bone!...Well who knows, we've got the hat trick, right?

As he sees the corn vendor again, his face breaks into a wide grin, full of delight. Oooohh, roast corn! Oi do love that stuff...Matt, you mind if we take a quick detour? He says, licking his chops. To trick me into a trap you'd only need one piece of roast corn as a lure!

When they near the gate, Thordak is wary, and keeps an eye out for the magistrate.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë arrives at the gate along with Mantooth.

She whispers questions to the others concerning the incident with the magistrate and frowns at the answers, shaking her head.

Seems the pickle has gotten bigger - and we've stepped right in it!

She laughs. Then lowers herself to a whisper again,

We best be careful about this business, things looks serious.

Also, there's this other business growing on my mind..."

Here she relates the story about the old man dying, but says nothing about his prophecy - instead, she will show them the transcription she made of his dying words.

I think it's possible he wasn't crazy - we best look into this also.

Nothing is said about the wand or ring. At some point she will have a private dialog with Bofus,

Mr. Butterfingers, I need to have a talk with you!

Bofus Butterfingers:
She tells Bofus about taking the ring and the wand then says, If no on comes forward to claim him, we best not let those boots go to the grave - do you think you could be a dear and pinch them for me? I would be most grateful.


Dungeon Master

On your way to meet with the Magistrate, you all find each other and proceed to the East Gate together. On your way, you pass a side show barker standing alongside the North Downs market square. Step right up, see the fantastic hipogriff! It's a magnificent, magical winged beast, the likes of which you'll never forget! Just one copper stone for an exciting glimpse that will last a lifetime." A small crowd of about eight people begin to mill around the cart and fumble through their coin pouches to find their payment. Just then there is a terrible screech from inside the cart and a popping sound. Before you know it, a flying beast emerges, with broken chains on its limbs and an angry scowl.

Battlemap

Initiative Rolls:
Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Cebrë Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Matthias Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Hipogriff Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The hipogriff attacks the merchant at K6.

First Claw Atk = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
First Claw Dmg = 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Second Claw Atk = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Second Claw Dmg = 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The merchant is down and unconscious.

You may now react. Please post in any order. I will resolve combat in the order of initiative. Please note that I have already rolled initiative for you below. Subdual damage may be done, but it is -4 modifier on your "to hit" roll.

Order of Initiative

Hipogriff = 22 (resolved)
Cebrë = 20
Bofus = 20
Thordak = 16
Mantooth = 11
Matthias = 10


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

On your way to meet with the Magistrate, you all find each other and proceed to the East Gate together. On your way, you pass a side show barker standing alongside the North Downs market square. Step right up, see the fantastic hipogriff! It's a magnificent, magical winged beast, the likes of which you'll never forget! Just one copper stone for an exciting glimpse that will last a lifetime." A small crowd of about eight people begin to mill around the cart and fumble through their coin pouches to find their payment. Just then there is a terrible screech from inside the cart and a popping sound. Before you know it, a flying beast emerges, with broken chains on its limbs and an angry scowl.

You may now react. Please post in any order. I will resolve combat in the order of initiative. Please note that I have already rolled initiative for you below. Subdual damage may be done, but it is -4 modifier on your "to hit" roll.

Round 1

Thordak sighs and looks sadly at his corn again. Oi'm beginnin to think Oi'll never get to enjoy moi corn...Here, Hold this. He says, placing his sack of gold in the arms of Bofus. An Oi'm right good at figures, you! If any o' that goes missin'...You don' wanna know what Oi'll do to you.

This time, instead of tossing his corn over his shoulder and running away, he approaches the Hippogriff. Move to I8 He pushes the man gently behind him. Get out the way, you! Move slowly now...

He looks the Hippogriff directly in the eye and bows deeply.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

His own mouth watering at the sheer injustice, he extends the corn to the beast, still looking it in the eye. Here you go, Mr. Hippogriff, have some roast corn, it's delicious! He says remorsefully.

Improve Animal Attitude:1d20 ⇒ 19

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 1

Mantooth tries to make his way as close to the unconscious man as possible move to k9 while moving as slowly as possible as to not provoke the animal any further.

He knows that the hipogriff can see him, but Mantooth does not look it in the eye for fear of challenging the beast. He motions towards the other crowd that had gathered to move away, making slow waving motions with his right hand.

Stealth Check 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:

Cebrë arrives at the gate along with Mantooth.

Mr. Butterfingers, I need to have a talk with you!

Cebrë:
My dearest lady, you had me at "pinched." I'll go to where you desccribed the gent and insure his valuable possessions don't go to waste--because how can his soul rest under that circumstance?!
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:

Here, Hold this. He says, placing his sack of gold in the arms of Bofus. An Oi'm right good at figures, you! If any o' that goes missin'...You don' wanna know what Oi'll do to you.

THORDAK: So you're handing your sack of a quarter-thousand gold to the thief who gambles?? Cool, you've got guts!!

Since 250 gp weighs about 5 lbs, it's not like it's a humongous sack. Thordak, if you change your mind due to the fact that you din't realize it wasn't all that big, I'm OK with that, but I'll continue as if you did hand it over.

Bofus stowes the sack, draws his dagger and moves over to F4, getting ready to flank with Mantooth if that's the way things play out.

Folks, you need to clear out unless you want to see this beastie from the inside!!

I think folks have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban . . . :-)


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë draws a wand and hides behind Matthias , Umm...I hope you can fight as good as you can ride, because that thing looks upset


Male Human 2

Round 1:
Matthias moves forward slowly as to not further alarm the hipogriff hoping it doesn't notice that it is slowly being surrounded.
move to G7
He has his hand on the hilt of his scimitar ready to draw it if need be.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Dungeon Master

The Hippogriff looks carefully at Thordak, but is enticed by the corn. Then he snaps at it.

Attack (Bite) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The hippogriff gets the corn in his mouth, but Thordak is able to move his hand out of the creature's beak before it is too late.

Round 2

Hippogriff = 22 (resolved)
Cebrë = 20
Bofus = 20
Thordak = 16
Mantooth = 11
Matthias = 10

Battlemap


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
DM Harpwizard wrote:


The hippogriff gets the corn in his mouth, but Thordak is able to move his hand out of the creature's beak before it is too late.

Round 2

Stealth Check 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14
Seeing that the Hippogriff was receptive to Thordak's corn, Mantooth continues to make his way towards the unconscious man Move to K6

Perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Looking the man over, Mantooth tries to assess the damage and get the man stable.

Mantooth slips his hands under the injured man's arms, beginning to drag him out of danger as carefully as possible. Move to L6

Heal Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë's eyes widen when the hippogriff snaps but doesn't move. She does grip her wand a little tighter and waits to see what the creatures next move will be.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

The Hippogriff looks carefully at Thordak, but is enticed by the corn. Then he snaps at it.

The hippogriff gets the corn in his mouth, but Thordak is able to move his hand out of the creature's beak before it is too late.

Battlemap

Round 2:

You watch it now, that was almost moi hand you bit! Thordak waggles his finger at the Hippogriff. Good, though, right?

Hey you, He calls to the man behind him who he pushed out of the way earlier. Get me some more roast corn, pronto!

Thordak turns to the Hippogriff.
Alright, how 'bout you an me make a deal? Oi'll lead you out o' this city, an' make sure nobody goes shootin' at you with arrows and spears an' such. BUT, you can't attack anyone else! Clear?
He awaits the Hippogriff's response.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Oi might be able to get us some more o' that roast corn too, if we're lucky... He says, half to reassure himself.

Improve Animal Attitude: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Dungeon Master

The creature seems to respond well to you, Thordak. Remarkably, the hippogriff lays down on the ground and continues to munch on the remains of your corn. Most of the crowd flees. However, you are not clear whether it is in fright or to get more corn.

Mantooth is able to stabilize the wounded merchant, but he is still not conscious.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:

7Alright, how 'bout you an me make a deal? Oi'll lead you out o' this city, an' make sure nobody goes shootin' at you with arrows and spears an' such. BUT, you can't attack anyone else! Clear?

He awaits the Hippogriff's response.

Excellent Improve Animal Attitude roll

A dwarf who beats an elf in an archery contest, hands his gold to a known pickpocket, and is a hippogrif-whisperer? This is one crazy day!

Bofus takes a 5' step to G4 but won't close further unless actual combat starts.

Active Perception check to see if anyone is taking advantage of the ruckass.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
DM Harpwizard wrote:


Mantooth is able to stabilize the wounded merchant, but he is still not conscious.

Mantooth tries to make eye-contact with Mattias, hoping that the cleric will see that the man he is dragging needs medical aid. As he does this, Mantooth continues to drag the man as far as he can, taking care not to injure him further in the process. Move to N10.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:
Please check your email. I have an important question for you.

Once the Hippogriff finishes devouring the corn, he stands up, spreads his wings and takes flight into the sky heading in a Northeasterly direction.

A moment later, Captain Lars Ulverth shows up with a group of four guards. "I don't mean to alarm you folks, but perchance did you folks see a large hippogriff? I have just heard a report that there is one on the loose! Ulverth then notices the wounded merchant. Ahh Haa! It looks like it has been here already. Do any of you know which way it went?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Once the Hippogriff finishes devouring the corn, he stands up, spreads his wings and takes flight into the sky heading in a Northeasterly direction.

A moment later, Captain Lars Ulverth shows up with a group of four guards. "I don't mean to alarm you folks, but perchance did you folks see a large hippogriff? I have just heard a report that there is one on the loose! Ulverth then notices the wounded merchant. Ahh Haa! It looks like it has been here already. Do any of you know which way it went?"

Thordak, deciding not to insult Captain Lars again, points simply to the sky. That way, Cap'n!

He recollects his gold from Bofus, eying him suspiciously. Now you didn't take any o' that did you? Oi'll know... He weighs it in his hand before stowing it.

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

He then goes to the corn vendor if he's still there. Alright, one piece of roast corn please! He says, resolved in his vice. An' this time Oi don' want anyone or anybeast interruptin' me! He gets an extra and wraps it for later.

He eats his corn blissfully as they walk to the east gate. Ah! Finally!

301 to 350 of 10,249 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.