Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


151 to 200 of 10,567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Upon hearing the barkeeps offer, Mantooth hesitates for a moment before raising a palm to Roland and politely declining. No thank you, sir. It is best that I be completely fit for tomorrow's tournament.

Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:

and also invite any others who are also in the know about the issues I'm dealing with that you so ably assisted in?

Upon seeing Thordak and Bofus sit down at a table with the half elf he noticed earlier dancing with Lord Jarmaath, Mantooth made his way over there to listen to the discussion. He does keep an eye out, however, to see if anyone is watching them.

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human 2

Matthias badly just wanted to go to sleep but cant get what he overheard out of his head. Upon seeing yet another man join the group he decided this be as good a time as any to introduce himself and see if he could understand what was going on. Matthias approaches the table to one side of Thordak and pats him on the shoulder asking Is it ok if I join your table for a night cap? as he looks around the table.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Matthias Teskerwill wrote:
Matthias badly just wanted to go to sleep but cant get what he overheard out of his head. Upon seeing yet another man join the group he decided this be as good a time as any to introduce himself and see if he could understand what was going on. Matthias approaches the table to one side of Thordak and pats him on the shoulder asking Is it ok if I join your table for a night cap? as he looks around the table.

I for one am fine with it--in fact, I was hoping you'd join us; I've got a question for ya. I saw you conversing rather . . . intensely with one of the Kaal clan tonight. Didn't look like any love lost between you, eh? That gives you good marks in my book! May I suggest you watch yourself very, VERY carefully around anyone with that sirname? They're trouble--they'll do whatever it takes to get what they want!

So, here's the quick story . . . I'm sure you've all read this enough times to know the deal by now. The only thing Bofus leaves out is where he hid the key. So, you can see that I'm in a bit of a pickle. If I didn't care about anyone else getting hurt, I'd leave things as they are--granted, I'd do my best to open that last lock on my own, but if it wasn't possible, I'd . . . do what I had to do, you know? But the poison definitely throws a kink in things. I'd really like to have Rotskill answer for this crime, but I don't know how I could prove anything without calling undue suspicion on myself. Does anyone know any of the judges, maybe they could introduce me so I can talk to them ahead of time . . . ? Or any other suggestions? I have something of a crazy idea to try to trap Rotskill into confessing, but it's really pretty dicey whether I could pull it off.


Dungeon Master

The kind barkeep, Roland, takes your orders and brings you out your drinks. "Master Halfling, I hope your evening was not so terrible that you wish to drown your sorrows in this." He lays down a large stone flask with a stopper attached to the bottle with a chain.Too much of this will eat your insides out. How bad could the evening at Brindol Keep be?

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
The kind barkeep, Roland, takes your orders and brings you out your drinks. "Master Halfling, I hope your evening was not so terrible that you wish to drown your sorrows in this." He lays down a large stone flask with a stopper attached to the bottle with a chain.Too much of this will eat your insides out. How bad could the evening at Brindol Keep be?

Bofus smiles broadly, and pockets the flask. It was actually a most excellent night. This . . . let's call this insurance. *wink* How much?

DM:
In case you hadn't guessed, Bofus is hoping this concotion might be strong enough to clean poison off a lock!


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Matthias Teskerwill wrote:
Matthias badly just wanted to go to sleep but cant get what he overheard out of his head. Upon seeing yet another man join the group he decided this be as good a time as any to introduce himself and see if he could understand what was going on. Matthias approaches the table to one side of Thordak and pats him on the shoulder asking Is it ok if I join your table for a night cap? as he looks around the table.

Ah yes, o' course, friend! Oi think if'n we are to do somethin' about this tricksneakery we'll want a hearty cast...How about askin' Cap'n Lars for aid? 'Course Oi won't do it...Better leave it to Mantooth or the Elf, Oi reckon.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
Or any other suggestions?

Mantooth, resting his arms on the table where he sat with the rest of the group, offered his opinion again

I for one still think it might be a good idea to talk to Captain Lars or maybe even Lord Jarmaath himself.

He then, trying not to be too rude, he quickly whispered something to Bofus:

Bofus:
It might not even be bad idea to have your lady-friend appeal to Jarmaath about it. They seem like they're on fairly good terms now.


Dungeon Master

Suddenly the doors to the Inn slam open and Rotskill barges in with his rapier drawn. Two armed ruffians stand at his side with clubs at the ready.

"Where is that wretched halfling and that deceiving elven wench? Give me the key and the letters or you will pay for it with blood!" the angry Varisian threatens.

You may still roleplay this, but it may be your first battle. Initiative is rolled. Please indicate the Round Number at the top of your post and tell me what you are doing by using the squares indicated on the battle mat. Please note each square represents 5 ft. Although posts will come in at different times, I will resolve them in the order of your initiative. If you attack, roll both attack and damage. You may always choose to delay and I will move you further down the initiative order. I will indicate if I have resolved your combat or not. If you are going to be absent for a while, you may post what you anticipate will happen on Round 2. If you don't post for a really long time, I will resolve it for you. Good luck!

Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Cebrë Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Matthias Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Rotskill’s Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Ruffian’s Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 2

Battle Mat


Dungeon Master

Round 1

Bofus = 30 (unresolved)
Matthias = 19 (unresolved)
Mantooth = 18 (unresolved)
Rotskill = 16 (unresolved)
Thordak= 16 (unresolved)
Cebrë = 15 (unresolved)
Ruffians = 2 (unresolved)


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 1

Rotskill wrote:

Suddenly the doors to the Inn slam open and Rotskill barges in with his rapier drawn. Two armed ruffians stand at his side with clubs at the ready.

"Where is that wretched halfling and that deceiving elven wench? Give me the key and the letters or you will pay for it with blood!" the angry Varisian threatens.

Mantooth immediately stood up from his seat, the wooden chair sliding backwards as he rose.

Facing Rotskill he put out his right hand in appeal.

Come now, gentlemen, there must be some sort of misunderstanding?

Diplomacy Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

DMHW:

Stealth Check 1d20 ⇒ 13 Behind his back, Mantooth motions with his left hand for Roland to alert the authorities or take some kind of action


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

ROUND 1

Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
My lady, you were absolutely remarkable! I am greatly endebted to you, and am a humble admirer of your skill, bravery, and sheer nerve. I salute you, and if it please you, you may call on Bofus as your friend forever! If there is ever any service I can perform for you, rest assured that I shall achieve it or die trying. Now that our little escapade is over, may I join you for a quick discussion? Bofus looks over his shoulder and also invite any others who are also in the know about the issues I'm dealing with that you so ably assisted in?

Cebrë smiles as the halfling makes his discorse. I believe you are a noble creature, and thus I accept your friendship and return it gladly. She graciously greets the others as they join the table.

When the Varisian enters and makes his threatening insult, Cebrë stands and makes a few gestures with her hands accompanied by some strange sounding words. Suddenly she points to the attackers and a barbed light leaps from her extended index finger.

dmhw:
I'm assuming these guys don't have any spell resistance and I won't have to make a concentration because I'm not in the fray.Cebrë will cast @ Rotskill if he is alive, otherwise first in line of sight.
Magic Missle dmg:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 1

DM Harpwizard wrote:

Suddenly the doors to the Inn slam open and Rotskill barges in with his rapier drawn. Two armed ruffians stand at his side with clubs at the ready.

"Where is that wretched halfling and that deceiving elven wench? Give me the key and the letters or you will pay for it with blood!" the angry Varisian threatens.

Thordak slams his tankard down on the table with a growl. @Cebre and Bofus Am Oi understanding this correctly? Have you stolen from these men?

Thordak stands and steps away from the table, drawing his dagger. Step to M6

If there's one thing Oi can' stand it's thieves! He appears to be joining the Varisian and company.

Bluff Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Or does he?


Male Human 2
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Suddenly the doors to the Inn slam open and Rotskill barges in with his rapier drawn. Two armed ruffians stand at his side with clubs at the ready.

"Where is that wretched halfling and that deceiving elven wench? Give me the key and the letters or you will pay for it with blood!" the angry Varisian threatens.

Matthias stands as the men abruptly barge into the inn, he moves calmly away from the table and stands facing the men asking Come now what seems to be the problem here? We can all be sensible, there is no need for bloodshed.

Matthias moves to L5

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 1
It's possible that my actions here may change others' actions, so please think about it!

Excellent! I think we can work with this . . .

Bofus reaches into his breast pocket and draws forth the 2 stolen letters while he looks back to Roland. move action, I'd imagine

ROLAND!! Go NOW and wake Master Yab! Move it along, handsomely now!! Get him down here right away!

Bofus then holds the letters directly over the open flame of the lamp on the table and smiles pleasantly at Rotskill and Company.

DM & Mantooth:
Bofus whispers as low as he can while still making it audible to Mantooth Mantooth--say nothing!

You boys need to learn how to play nice. Now drop your weapons and SITCHERASS DOWN. Bofus nods at the table next to the holigans N-P 7&8, just to the right of the doorIf anyone moves toward me, I'll burn these to ash right here and now--you'll never get to me in time to save them. Now, let's talk about this, there's no need to resort to barbaric thuggery, is there?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Because of the limitation of PBP I wasn't able to know what the others were going to do before I posted. Cebrë certainly won't fire first :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:
Because of the limitation of PBP I wasn't able to know what the others were going to do before I posted. Cebrë certainly won't fire first :)

Good--because I think things will work out . . . hehehe


Dungeon Master

I'm glad you guys understand the limitations of PBP. I will be flexible as I see circumstances changing in a flash. You are always welcome to post your actions as an "if ___ , then _____ " type of statement as well.

The tension builds. The halfling holds the letters near the flame. Roland has quickly departed up the stairs to find Trabalard Yab. The Varisian glares at the halfling. Then the Varisian smiles a wicked grin and laughs.

Go right ahead, you swine. Let's burn them now! But know that once they are ash, I am still going to run this rapier through you! Nobody moves as Rotskill awaits your decision!

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:


Go right ahead, you swine. Let's burn them now! But know that once they are ash, I am still going to run this rapier through you! Nobody moves as Rotskill awaits your decision!

Bofus looks around, clearly enjoying the drama of the moment he is controlling. He glances around the room at his tablemates he's holding off for a few seconds, which in game terms is about a move action--I want folks to prepare what they're going to do in case violence erupts: draw weapons, move, whatever, and give Yab time to show up. this might also give Rotskill time to realize that he's outnumbered, if he realizes waving the papers back and forth tantalizingly over the flame.

You suuuuuure you don't want to reconsider? Looks like I may not be as easy prey as you think--besides, considering how many times I've outclassed you so far, what makes you think I won't again now? He pauses to give Rotskill the chance to think. Why don't you show that you possess a modicom of subtlety and finesse and drop your weapons? I burn these, and your chance to enter the Tournament goes up in smoke with 'em. You attack, and you don't know how many of my friends here will join in and put an end to you and your little gang. At least if you talk, there's a chance you can get out of here with these letters in hand--and your guts still on the inside. Use your head for once, will you? Bofus holds the letters above the flame so they just start to smoke . . . what's it gonna be?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë pulls herself up, making a threatening gesture to the Varisian, her voice is filled wrath, Elven wench is it? Obviously, you want to be burned to ash, along with your letters - now put your weapons down!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:

Cebrë pulls herself up, making a threatening gesture to the Varisian, her voice is filled wrath, Elven wench is it? Obviously, you want to be burned to ash, along with your letters - now put your weapons down!

Intimidate: 1d20 +4

Bofus smiles at Cebrë, the looks back at Rotskill holding the same smile. See? You're looking for trouble, and there's more here than you can handle. Sit.


Dungeon Master

Rotskill hears the words of the mysterious wild elf woman, Cebrë Hath'we and his legs begin to uncontrollably shake. As he thinks about his opponents, his bravado seems to fade. He cannot help himself and soon finds himself trembling in fear. In a moment of cowardice, he races back through the door of the inn and out into the streets of Brindol. The ruffians follow closely behind.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Please check the OOC board, folks.

DM Harpwizard wrote:
Rotskill hears the words of the mysterious wild elf woman, Cebrë Hath'we and his legs begin to uncontrollably shake. As he thinks about his opponents, his bravado seems to fade. He cannot help himself and soon finds himself trembling in fear. In a moment of cowardice, he races back through the door of the inn and out into the streets of Brindol. The ruffians follow closely behind.

DAMMIT!! That's not what I wanted to happen . . . Well, that was an excellent show, Cebrë! I think he might have actually pooed a little. He knows I have his letters, so I suppose I can expect a visit tomorrow, or even tonight. Meh, he doesn't scare me all that much.

Bofus looks around as the tension eases. You folks have my thanks for what you were preparing to do. You don't know me at all, and you've stuck your necks out for me--that's something I won't forget, believe me! Maybe I can repay a little of that goodwill right now.

I've learned a few things about tomorrow's events. The Archery event is pretty straightforward--you get three shots from 150 feet to get the highest score you can. Ties are resolved with a three-shot shoot out.

I didn't hear anything specific about open combat, but hey--it's open combat. Don't get hit.

The steeplechase involves a number of jumps over obstacles and some tight turns; it's going to require some good, consistent horse-handling skills.

The Magic Duel isn't really a duel, Cebrë, it's more a number of different obstacles and puzzles to solve which call upon both your arcane knowledge and prowess. I hear there's some sort of creature to ovecome as the last challenge.

And you guys don't care enough about the Maze of Traps to hear the extent of detail I found out--except for one tid-bit. There's rumored to be a gem hidden in the gauntlet that has never been found. *I* intend to find it. If I do, you have my word that I'll split it evenly between the five of us, as a "thank you" for your aid this evening.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
In a moment of cowardice, he races back through the door of the inn and out into the streets of Brindol. The ruffians follow closely behind.

Assuming we are now out of combat Mantooth quickly made his way to the open door, peering into the streets to see if he could spot Rotstkill or either of the ruffians

You don't think we should try to give chase? They may very well show up in the middle of the night.

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Dungeon Master
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:

Mantooth quickly made his way to the open door, peering into the streets to see if he could spot Rotstkill or either of the ruffians

You don't think we should try to give chase? They may very well show up in the middle of the night.

Perception Check 1d20+2

Mantooth is unable to see which direction they ran.


Male Human 2
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:


Bofus looks around as the tension eases. You folks have my thanks for what you were preparing to do. You don't know me at all, and you've stuck your necks out for me--that's something I won't forget, believe me! Maybe I can repay a little of that goodwill right now.

The steeplechase involves a number of jumps over obstacles and some tight turns; it's going to require some good, consistent horse-handling skills.

And you guys don't care enough about the Maze of Traps to hear the extent of detail I found out--except for one tid-bit. There's rumored to be a gem hidden in the gauntlet that has never been found. *I* intend to find it. If I do, you have my word that I'll split it evenly...

Matthias returns to the table and addresses Bofus after his generous offer

That is very kind of you, thank you for the offer and information. Those ruffians have no place here, I don't think we'll have to worry about them for the rest of tonight at least judging by the looks on their faces when they ran out of here!

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:
DM Harpwizard wrote:
In a moment of cowardice, he races back through the door of the inn and out into the streets of Brindol. The ruffians follow closely behind.

Assuming we are now out of combat Mantooth quickly made his way to the open door, peering into the streets to see if he could spot Rotstkill or either of the ruffians

You don't think we should try to give chase? They may very well show up in the middle of the night.

Perception Check 1d20+2

Bofus jumps up, grabs Mantooth, and pulls him back into the inn. Never stick your head out a door a cutpurse like him just ran through--are you *looking* to get your clock cleaned? he's the kind of guy who'd fake running away just to get the chance to make you look after him, then stab you in the eye! Heck, that's a good idea--I should try that one someday . . .

Anyway, no, that was enough of a head start that we won't catch him, and we definitely don't want to fight a band of thugs like that on the run, that gives them all the advantages. Best if we stay here and make them come to us. I'll tell you what--I'll juryrig everyone's windows so that if anyone tries to sneak in, you'll be alerted. It's teh least I can do.

Once Yab and Roland come down, Bofus addresses him. Master Yab, we've got trouble. That tattoo faced holigan just busted in here threatening bodily harm. Cebrë scared them off, but I was wondering whether you can get the city guard to post a bit of an extra patrol in the neighborhood against their probable return? Also, I'd like to put a little alarm on our windows in case they try to sneak in; do you have perhaps a dozen empty bottles I coudl borrow for that purpose?

I believe that would be a Disable Device check? To rig a door or window so opening it would make an alarm? If Yab lets me use bottles, it should be fairly easy to do; I'll take 10, or even 20 if necessary, on everyone's bedroom window for a result of 19 (if that's sufficient) or 29 (if that's required--it'll take longer to take 20)


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
And you guys don't care enough about the Maze of Traps to hear the extent of detail I found out--except for one tid-bit. There's rumored to be a gem hidden in the gauntlet that has never been found. *I* intend to find it. If I do, you have my word that I'll split it evenly...

Thordak sheathes his dagger in its place behind his beard and addresses Bofus. Hrmmm, well thank you, Bofus, that's a kind offer. If you do get that gem, give it to me an' Oi'll tell you how much it's worth an' all. Oi'm not bad at that sort o' thing.

Thordak returns to his seat and, in an affectionate grumble to his tankard, says Now where were we?

Turning to Bofus, Thordak becomes serious. What are those papers anyways? Is it jus' his recommendation? You mind if Oi take a look?

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
And you guys don't care enough about the Maze of Traps to hear the extent of detail I found out--except for one tid-bit. There's rumored to be a gem hidden in the gauntlet that has never been found. *I* intend to find it. If I do, you have my word that I'll split it evenly...

Thordak sheathes his dagger in its place behind his beard and addresses Bofus. Hrmmm, well thank you, Bofus, that's a kind offer. If you do get that gem, give it to me an' Oi'll tell you how much it's worth an' all. Oi'm not bad at that sort o' thing.

Deal. We can compare notes on the value!

Quote:


Thordak returns to his seat and, in an affectionate grumble to his tankard, says Now where were we?

Turning to Bofus, Thordak becomes serious. What are those papers anyways? Is it jus' his recommendation? You mind if Oi take a look?

yep, that's what they are. The fact that his first letter was rejected at the ball really aroused my suspicions--the fact that he had a second one really piqued my curiosity. Bofus tosses one to Thordak, and opens the other. I'll read this one while you look at that one, then we'll switch.

I was going to do a Linguistics check to see if it's a forgery, but I've got nothing to compare it to, so forget that . . .


Dungeon Master

Rotskill’s Letter:
To Whom it may concern,

I write this letter of sponsorhip on behalf of Master Rotskill Obear. He is a locksmith in Elsircross with a very reputable business. In addition, he is known in our town for his great skill and agility. I can personally vouch for his honesty and commitment. He will be a great competitor for the Gauntlet of Traps at the Elsir Vale Tournament of Heroes. I recommend him highly and without reservation.

Sincerely,

Hargil Trask,
The Baron of Elsircross

Rotskill’s Second Letter:

To Magistrate Strickland,

I am aware of your influence in Brindol and I am also aware of the presence of your son in Elsircross. I am happy to tell you that his new trading post seems to be doing very well at the moment. I am writing to you to help prevent any unfortunate accidents from happening to his home or family. I am certain that you will do everything on your part to help the bearer of this note with any obstacles that may come his way. Likewise, we will do everything on our part to help your son here in Elsircross. I am glad we are able to come to this mutual understanding.

Sincerely,

Hargil Trask,
The Baron of Elsircross

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

CRAP!!! *sigh* OK, so Rotskill's sponsor is extorting the Magistrate by threatening his son's family and business. Good thing I didn't burn this letter! But now the magistrate is a potential enemy against the Gauntlet sabotage.

So who do I go to??


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:

DAMMIT!! That's not what I wanted to happen . . . Well, that was an excellent show, Cebrë!

Cebrë furrows her brow. Show? No my dear halfling I was perfectly serious. I am sorry if you had other plan but I had no intention letting that filthy Varisian putting his hands on me again or causing you any harm.

Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
The Magic Duel isn't really a duel, Cebrë, it's more a number of different obstacles and puzzles to solve which call upon both your arcane knowledge and prowess. I hear there's some sort of creature to ovecome as the last challenge.

Oh, I see. Well that's just as well, I'm not much for duels.

with that said, she yawns and returns to her tea.

Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
CRAP!!! *sigh* OK, so Rotskill's sponsor is extorting the Magistrate by threatening his son's family and business. Good thing I didn't burn this letter! But now the magistrate is a potential enemy against the Gauntlet sabotage.So who do I go to??

Sounds like quite a pickle. May I also see the letters?


Dungeon Master

A worried and frantic Trabalard Yab comes running down the stairs in his pajamas wearing a little night cap. Oh my! Oh my!. . . What is going on here? Has blood been spilt in the Inn?

Bofus wrote:
Once Yab and Roland come down, Bofus addresses him, "Master Yab, we've got trouble. That tattoo faced hooligan just busted in here threatening bodily harm. Cebrë scared them off, but I was wondering whether you can get the city guard to post a bit of an extra patrol in the neighborhood against their probable return? Also, I'd like to put a little alarm on our windows in case they try to sneak in; do you have perhaps a dozen empty bottles I could borrow for that purpose?"

"I am relieved that nobody is hurt, but this is a grave concern. I just knew the tournament would draw trouble. I just knew it. Just think what this will do to the Inn's reputation!" The gnome sits down at the table shakes his head in worry. After a moment, he is able to calm himself down and reply, "At this time, I think it is a little too late to go out and inform the guard. However, in the morning I will stop over and see Captain Ulverth. As for tonight, Mr. Beechnut, I will let you try your little trap on the windows here in the common room and in your own rooms, but I will not have you running about disturbing my other guests. Talk to Roland and he will get you some empty bottles. Now I must be off to bed, and I suggest you all do the same. Don't you all have to compete in the morning?


Male Human 2

Thank you very much Master Yab, I think that I will take your advice and head to bed, must be well rested for the steeple chase tomorrow.
With that Matthias turned to his new found acquaintances and said
I'm off to bed, but if they come back make sure to let me know, I don't want to miss out on any of this action (he said with a grin)


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

With his arms folded, Mantooth looked over Thordak's shoulder briefly to read one of the letters before listening to Bofus read the other aloud. Ah, it is good indeed that you did not burn those letters, Bofus.

Master Yab wrote:


Now I must be off to bed, and I suggest you all do the same. Don't you all have to compete in the morning?

After Yab had finished speaking, Mantooth nodded his head. Yes, it is probably best that we get our rest for the competition tomorrow. Once the letters are shown to the guard, they will certainly allow you to carry out your little "test' on Rotskill with whatever the lock is sabotaged with, Bofus.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Agreed . . . it's been a busy day, but one more task . . . Oh, does anyone else want to hold one of these? he holds up Rotskill's 2 letters.

Bofus goes to work on the common room door, setting up a simple rig that will knock a few empty bottles over if the door is opened, and repeats this for anyone who wants it in their room (windows or door), including his own.

He then hides his own letter under his pillow, along with a dagger. If no one wants to hold the other letters, he'll hide them in separate areas under his mattress (but make sure they're in spots he'll lie over).

I anticipate no further posts until the game morning.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Well Oi never! That devil! That swamp dog! Now how're we gonna make sure the magistrate's son doesn't get hurt? Oim thinkin' we head right over there after the tournament, give this baron character a talkin' to!

Thordak yawns and stretches, then bids farewell and heads off for his room.

Oi'm finished for this night, see you all in the mornin'...

Thordak goes to his room, oils his crossbow, combs his beard out, and goes to sleep.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë wishes the others a good night and heads to her room.


Dungeon Master

Feel free to make posts about before you went to bed, just indicate it in the post. However, if you are all ready to get to bed, I am just going to move the plot along.

The night passes without an incident. A rooster crows in the distance and birds are singing outside. You each wake to a beautiful sunny day. Downstairs in the Stone Wyvern, competitors are sitting at tables chatting and eating their breakfast. As each of you come downstairs, you are greeted by Trabalard who is running around serving steaming bowls of porridge with cream and berries. ”Good morning. Are you ready for a hot bowl of porridge? You are going to need your strength today. This is my mum’s special recipe. I am sure you will want to be eating quick and getting yourselves over to the North Side Downs. I think registration should be open anytime now.”


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Trabalard Yab wrote:
I am sure you will want to be eating quick and getting yourselves over to the North Side Downs. I think registration should be open anytime now.”

Letting out a yawn as he came down the stairs from his room, Mantooth approached a table in full armor, his helmet under his right arm and his shield grasped in his left hand.

I'll take some of that porridge, please, Master Yab. It smells quite delicious.

Taking a seat at the table, he propped his shield against one of the legs and and set his helmet down in front of him.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:
The night passes without an incident. A rooster crows in the distance and birds are singing outside. You each wake to a beautiful sunny day. Downstairs in the Stone Wyvern, competitors are sitting at tables chatting and eating their breakfast. As each of you come downstairs, you are greeted by Trabalard who is running around serving steaming bowls of porridge with cream and berries. ”Good morning. Are you ready for a hot bowl of porridge? You are going to need your strength today. This is my mum’s special recipe. I am sure you will want to be eating quick and getting yourselves over to the North Side Downs. I think registration should be open anytime now.”

Thordak sits down at the table with the others, rubbing sleep from his eyes. He wears a onesy. He digs into his porridge heartily, saying little. Nice porridge, Master Yab. Is there more? I do like these berries.

When he has finished his breakfast, Thordak addresses the other competitors (Matthias, Mantooth, Cebre and Bofus). So! What're we goin' to do about you know who? He won't be very well rested, probably spent the night in some stable! Hrahrahaha! Oi'm more worried about that man's son though...Any thoughts?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë comes downstairs dressed in the simples clothes she wore the night before. Her hair is pulled back into an eloborate weave and she walks into the room with a bright smile.

She peaks something to Yab

Spoken in gnomish:
My dear gnome, I'd like some of that which I now smell if you please.

She sits down at Mantooth's table, Good morning friend, I trust you sleep well?


Dungeon Master
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:
Cebrë comes downstairs dressed in the simples clothes she wore the night before. Her hair is pulled back into an eloborate weave and she walks into the room with a bright smile. She speaks something to Yab in Gnomish.

The gnome is clearly delighted and enthusiastically responds in his own native tongue.

Trabalard's response in Gnomish:
My dear, you are full of surprises! I don't get many guests that speak the Gnomish tongue, and your accent is so good! I never got a chance to thank you, but I understand that I have you to thank for preventing that fight here in the Stone Wyvern last night. I do hope you do not run into any further trouble with that Varisian. I was telling Master Beechnut that I didn't trust him from the start. Maybe its the tattoos that bother me. Well have a seat and I will bring that porridge out in just a minute.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:


So! What're we goin' to do about you know who? Oi'm more worried about that man's son though...Any thoughts?

I think right now it would be best to keep an eye on Rotskill to make sure he does not report back to this baron. The magistrate would be more likely to testify that he did in fact receive these letters from Rotskill knowing that his son is safe.

Cebrë Hath'we wrote:


She sits down at Mantooth's table, Good morning friend, I trust you sleep well?

Finishing the last bite of his porridge, Mantooth pushed his bowl aside and addressing Cebrë.

Indeed I did. I trust you did, as well..? Mantooth hesistated for a moment, realizing he did not know the half-elf's name. I'm sorry, I don't think we've been properly introduced. The paladin then extended his hand across the table to the woman. The name's Mantooth.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:
Indeed I did. I trust you did, as well..? Mantooth hesistated for a moment, realizing he did not know the half-elf's name. I'm sorry, I don't think we've been properly introduced. The paladin then extended his hand across the table to the woman. The name's Mantooth.

Cebrë takes Mantooth's hand and gives him a friendly smile.

Well met Mantooth, my name is Cebrë , I will not be offended if your tongue struggles as the haflings does to pronounce it!, with this she laughs in a light airy way, her held held back a bit and her eyes closed. In a moment she turns to face the dwarf.

And you, my fine dwarven friend, may I also have your name?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Cebrë Hath'we wrote:

Well met Mantooth, my name is Cebrë , I will not be offended if your tongue struggles as the haflings does to pronounce it!, with this she laughs in a light airy way, her held held back a bit and her eyes closed. In a moment she turns to face the dwarf.

And you, my fine dwarven friend, may I also have your name?

Thordak swallows his porridge hastily, cursing as it burns his mouth and throat. Hrmhrmhrm! Ah, The name's Thordak, son of Throtgar. Pleased to meet you.


Male Human 2

Matthias came downstairs without his armor (To better ride his horse) the only difference was his scimitar was fastened to his belt resting on his hip. After last night he was not going to take any chances in going anywhere unarmed. He received porridge from Master Yab and saw Thordak and went to join him after thanking the host for the meal.
Good morning, everybody ready for their competition?

after thordaks question

I think the best thing to do is let the authorities know, and make sure they are subtle about whatever action we or they take. I agree with Thordak, I don't think it would be honorable to put this man's son at risk.


Dungeon Master

After you all finish breakfast, you gather what equipment you need for the day and you proceed over to the tournament site. As you arrive at the North Side Downs, you see a crowd starting to build as they attempt to find good seating near the contest sites. A jovial, carnival-like atmosphere pervades the event as merchants peddle wares, drinks and food, jugglers and acrobats entertain onlookers and minstrels please the crowd. Beyond the crowds you see a tent that bears the sign of the contest registration.

Approaching the tent, you find yourself in a slow moving queue. When you get to the end of the line, an already tired official looks up from his paperwork and states, "Name, please...That will be a 50 g.p. entrance fee and I will also need to see an official letter of sponsorship."

DC 15 Perception Check:
You notice the Magistrate sitting at one of the tables in the back of the tent, looking through various papers.

The first event to occur is the Archery and Crossbow Competition at 10 o’clock in the main arena. That gives you about half an hour.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
DM Harpwizard wrote:


Approaching the tent, you find yourself in a slow moving queue. When you get to the end of the line, an already tired official looks up from his paperwork and states, "Name, please...That will be a 50 g.p. entrance fee and I will also need to see an official letter of sponsorship."

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Good morning, sir. My name is Mantooth Longbrow, for the open combat.

Mantooth then reached to his belt, undoing a small bag allotted 50 g.p., along with his sponsorship letter

DMHW:

In a lower voice, Mantooth leaned in Surely, good sir, with all these people in attendance paying admittance, a fee on 25 gp would be more reasonable for the people responsible for giving the show today?  

Diplomacy Check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

After you all finish breakfast, you gather what equipment you need for the day and you proceed over to the tournament site. As you arrive at the North Side Downs, you see a crowd starting to build as they attempt to find good seating near the contest sites. A jovial, carnival-like atmosphere pervades the event as merchants peddle wares, drinks and food, jugglers and acrobats entertain onlookers and minstrels please the crowd. Beyond the crowds you see a tent that bears the sign of the contest registration.

Approaching the tent, you find yourself in a slow moving queue. When you get to the end of the line, an already tired official looks up from his paperwork and states, "Name, please...That will be a 50 g.p. entrance fee and I will also need to see an official letter of sponsorship."

** spoiler omitted **

The first event to occur is the Archery and Crossbow Competition at 10 o’clock in the main arena. That gives you about half an hour.

After breakfast is finished, Thordak stomps upstairs, still sleepy-looking. He returns in an elegant-looking breastplate. There is no sign of his onesy. His beard is finely pleated and contained in a large gold clip like the ones normal people would use for a tie. He carries a crossbow and plenty of arrows, but not his axe.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

At the fairground, Thordak starts getting excited, and asks Mantooth to tell him what is going on, as he cannot see through the crowd very well.
Ey! Mantooth, what's goin' on up there?

When they arrive at the tent, he proudly hands the official his papers and entrance fee from a pouch on his belt.

Oooohoo! Well here we go then! An' where is this main arena may Oi ask?

After finding out, Thordak heads over to the arena and observes the grounds, deciding where he wants to shoot from.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

I hope I don't have to look at that ugly tattoo face anytime today

Anyway, where's mister butterfingers?

Cebrë delivers her papers and the 50GP follows instructions to the competition area. A hand carved quarter-staff is slung across her back (along with a backpack) but nothing is in her hands. When she finds a suitable spot she sits crossed-legged on the ground and plays a tune on her flute for the enjoyment of the spectators.

Performance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

151 to 200 of 10,567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.