Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


7,301 to 7,350 of 10,249 << first < prev | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh-HO!! Bofus the Brave?? Hm, I think I like that. My lovely, if I hide, you're not going to find me, until I *want* you to, that's for sure!! Allow me to demonstrate, as you suggest--if you'll be so kind to accompany me! With a drink in on ehand and a lovely elf maid on the other, Bofus is in (what he hopes to be) his element . . .

DMHW:
Bofus will take her arm confidently, regaling her with tales of the recent battle, then give her a line stright from the Princess Bride: What in the WORLD could THAT be?!?!

Bluff to distract: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35

When she can't find the little scamp for a moment or two, he'll sneak up behind her and reveal himself with a very forward squeeze on the rump!!

And as close to her ear as possible (I know, there's a height issue), he'll whisper Told you! You want a turn now?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak polishes his breastplate and puts on his clean clothing. He also takes out his beard-clip for the event. He combs out and trims his beard, bringing it to a fine burnished sheen that is only amplified with the wine that it catches. Ah! Wot a fine victory feast this is! he says, draining his tankard again.
Later in the evening, Thordak may even share some songs from his own homeland!


Female Elven Lover of Bofus the Brave

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
"Oh-HO!! Bofus the Brave?? Hm, I think I like that. My lovely, if I hide, you're not going to find me, until I *want* you to, that's for sure!! Allow me to demonstrate, as you suggest--if you'll be so kind to accompany me! . . . . What in the WORLD could THAT be?!?!"

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"What are you talking about? I don't see anything."

Suddenly the young elf is looking around, unable to find what what the young halfling has pointed to, not to mention the halfling himself.

Bofus wrote:

When she can't find the little scamp for a moment or two, he'll sneak up behind her and reveal himself with a very forward squeeze on the rump!!"Told you! You want a turn now?"

"Tee hee hee!" Elyrial giggles. "Aren't you are frisky little halfling! This time, let's see if you can find me!"

Elyrial rushes off down the path and immediately begins climbing a nearby tree.

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Bofus: Perception DC 15:

Elyrial leads you up a tree to a very cozy little tree platform that rests high up in the branches. Somebody is hiding there underneath a soft velvety blanket on the platform.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Tirion wrote:
Tirion tries to neaten himself up, but just does not have the mindset for it. He is thinking forward to the next day and the days ahead and to what dangers and horrors yet lay before them.

"Tirion, my friend. Are you not happy with the feast my people have prepared for you? Is this not a time to rejoice in your victory over the Wyrmord and the Dragon? They have taken a mighty blow today, all thanks to you and your friends. Although I am still saddened at the loss of my brother, I feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders. Why are you so quiet?"


Edvard wrote:
Edvard makes no attempt to prepare for the gala, remaining in the unwashed and bloodmarked clothing he wore during the day. As the songs start, he moves outside - making no attempt to excuse himself and finds a quiet spot.

Killiar follows Edvard outside and approaches him directly.

"You appear to have elven blood running in your veins, but you do not seem comfortable in the presence of elves. Do the elven songs bother you?"


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Thordak wrote:
" Ah! Wot a fine victory feast this is! "

Sellyria lights up at the Dwarf's comment. "I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying yourself, Master Thordak! Please enjoy as much food as you like! What we have is yours! Certainly we cannot thank you enough for all you have done for the Tiri Kitor! You should know that you are one of the only dwarves who have ever come to our village. We are honored to host you!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion looks up at Trellara: I apologize for seeming withdrawn during this time of festing. But, before us lies what is likely an even greater trial. I have seen a red dragon with the horde much larger than the black reptile that was slain this day. In addition, I have seen hill giants and a swarm of these dragon spawn.

Thus, while I would like the ability to celebrate this victory, I feel that I must consider what we are to do next. Do we go after the Ghostlord? Do we attempt to strike at the horde itself and harry it through guerrilla tactics. Perhaps there is even some other arm of this horrid clan of dragon worshippers that we have not found yet. And, of course, there is the leader whoever he may be. We do not even know of his location at this time. And once we find where he is, we will still have to devise a plan to overcome whatever dragon magics he has protecting him.

And of course we do not have the time to do this. We have been travelling and fighting almost continuously now for several weeks. Every day that we delay, is another day for the horde to move toward Brindol. To take over and destroy farms and villages that have stood for centuries. And to take prisoners, and likely as not consume, any civilized persons, human, elf, dwarf, halfling or gnome, that may be found.

So, I hope that answers your question. I wish that my gnomish blood would allow me to fully partake in your festivities, but, unfortunately the weight of what comes next weighs heavily on my soul.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Tirion wrote:
"So, I hope that answers your question. I wish that my gnomish blood would allow me to fully partake in your festivities, but, unfortunately the weight of what comes next weighs heavily on my soul."

"I am so sorry, Tirion. I have not seen this Red Hand and I had no idea that they had become quite so dangerous and powerful. I should realize that they are a threat to more than just us elves. Although the actions of you and your friends have avenged my brother and saved our village here in the blackfens, it really a small thing compared to what the Red Hand is capable of doing."

"Today, I was terrified of that black dragon, the ogres, and the razorfiends. I cannot imagine facing an entire army of those creatures. The thought is too terrifying for me. I suppose if Brindol falls, then even we here in the Blackfens will not be safe."

"I feel so bad that you have so much worry on your mind when my people are all celebrating and expressing such joy. I have never met a dark skinned gnome before, but you are very different from everything I've ever heard of gnomes. You may not laugh and play tricks, but I think you are an extremely selfless gnome. You have sacrificed so much for others and you do it with no thought of reward or self gain."

Trellara stops for a moment to reflect and then quite spontaneously she reaches over and gives you a kiss upon your cheek. "Thanks for being such a kind friend to me, Tirion."


Not in use
Killiar Arrowswift wrote:
"You appear to have elven blood running in your veins, but you do not seem comfortable in the presence of elves. Do the elven songs bother you?"

Edvard sardonically grunts before spitting to one side. "This is not the time for song... Your Starsinger talks with flowered voice of being free of the Red Hand and that the Tiri Kitor will idly fly the winds in peace. It is not yet that time." pausing for a few seconds as he regards Killiar with a steady gaze. "What of you? Does the fresh scent of rain disguise the thunderstorm that rolls in behind it?"


Edvard wrote:
"This is not the time for song... Your Starsinger talks with flowered voice of being free of the Red Hand and that the Tiri Kitor will idly fly the winds in peace. It is not yet that time. . . . What of you? Does the fresh scent of rain disguise the thunderstorm that rolls in behind it?"

"Who are you to decide when the Starsinger can sing or cannot sing?! Clearly this is not the end yet, but you must realize that the Tiri Kitor have not had much reason to celebrate for a long time. There has been too much death in this village and the loss of Lanikar was felt by a great many people. This one little victory holds a great deal of weight for our people, for you have shown them that a small determine group can make a difference and cut off one of the fingers of that clawing Red Hand! I know you have more to do and I can see that you will not stop until it is done, but I urge you to keep your life balanced. Do not let the Red Hand poison your spirit, for then they will have truly one! Do what you can, hermit, but when the time comes upon you to relax and breath again, I suggest you take that moment and enjoy it while you can."


Not in use

Holding a hand to his ear and speaking evenly Edvard responds "My ear tells me that the song continues despite my abscence. I have decided nothing for you, and only for myself. Grieve if you must, and wallow in the false dawn this celebration gives. I shall not stop you." dropping his hands to straighten and his voice taking a more determined tone "But I will not be party to your mirage..." many more pointed words rise within Edvard's gullet, and he must force himself to swallow them without giving them a voice.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Spoiler:
What an excellent hiding place . . .

I don't think we need to go into detail, do we?? I mean, if you were hotter I'd consider it. :-)


Edvard wrote:
"My ear tells me that the song continues despite my abscence. I have decided nothing for you, and only for myself. Grieve if you must, and wallow in the false dawn this celebration gives. I shall not stop you." dropping his hands to straighten and his voice taking a more determined tone "But I will not be party to your mirage..."

Killiar lets the silence hang in the air for a moment before responding. Finally the hunter replies softly. "You are a dark man, hermit. We offer you thanks for your deeds, but you do not open yourself up to what we offer. I cannot change your heart, but I fear that if you do not know joy and cheer, then you do not know what you fight for and you have abandoned a side to your heritage that you will one day regret. I wish you well, hermit. I truly do. I also wish you well in all that you do for the people of this land. I hope that one day you will experience the joy that you have brought to so many others. Farewell, friend."

Killiar walks away leaving you in peace.


Female Elven Lover of Bofus the Brave

Bofus:

The night passes in a sublime moment with the most beautiful, kind, and loving elf maiden you have ever known. When you awake you are in a cozy nest under soft blankets high in a nest of a tree under a canopy of stars and branches with Elyrial holding you gently in her arms.

"Oh good morning, Bofus!" She says with a loving gaze in her eyes.


Not in use

Edvard lets Killiar depart without response, and is left to his thoughts. Leaving the party for good, he returns to their accommodation and removes his shirt before meditating outside in the crisp air. Dark, aye - that is not a lie. But those in the light often forget that just beyond their gaze the black is ever lurking... only by living within it can you seek to understand.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Well, that was fun. :-)
Ah, my dear, good morning to you!! Shall we break the fast with my friends?

As we walk back, I'll speak to her a little sadly. Unfortunatley, my friends and I must leave today. Our work is far from over. But when we're done, what say I come for a visit--you can share your favorite elven wines, and I'll bring you a sampling of the Beerswizzler's best brews?

At breakfast, Bofus sits close with his new friend Elyrial. Alright gentlemen, what's the plan? Maybe htis fine village will buy some of our wares, and let us resupply before heading to our next Remvoe a Finger of the Red Hand.


Dungeon Master

The festivities continued into the late evening. Eventually you all find sleep in your guest house or perhaps another.

Please feel free to retcon anything if I am moving too fast.

• Sunday, Lamashan 7, 4710 •

The following morning is cool, but the sky appears to have cleared up and it looks like it will be a good day for travel. You gather with several of the elves in the great elven hall where you are served a breakfast of fruit, berries and hot bread.


Female Elven Lover of Bofus the Brave

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
"Ah, my dear, good morning to you!! Shall we break the fast with my friends?"

"Well certainly, my brave halfling. I knew your kind had a voracious appetite, but I had no idea!" Elyrial says with a smile.

Bofus wrote:
As we walk back, I'll speak to her a little sadly. "Unfortunatley, my friends and I must leave today. Our work is far from over. But when we're done, what say I come for a visit--you can share your favorite elven wines, and I'll bring you a sampling of the Beerswizzler's best brews?"

The young elf genuinely shows disappointment at your news.

"I had a feeling that would be the case, but I do hope you return soon. You are always welcome in my tree, my dear Bofus! I had a really nice time with you last night and I hope to share many more with you. In your travels, I do hope you are careful out there. There are many fiendish creatures out there in the world, and it would be best if you avoided them and came back to me safely!"

Bofus wrote:
"Alright gentlemen, what's the plan? Maybe this fine village will buy some of our wares, and let us resupply before heading to our next Remove a Finger of the Red Hand."

The young elf maiden chimes it during the discussion. "I am sure there would be many elves that would be happy to trade with you. What types of things do you need?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Do any of your hunters use crossbows like moine? Oi was thinkin' of gettin' an upgrade...

Alternatively, How long would it take to make myself one/would it be masterwork?


Female Elven Lover of Bofus the Brave
Thordak wrote:
"Do any of your hunters use crossbows like moine? Oi was thinkin' of gettin' an upgrade..."

"I believe not, Master Dwarf. The longbows I have seen Killiar and the other hunters use are far more elegant than that heavy piece of machinery you carry! I am not surprised that you are so strong carrying that thing around with you like you do! To be honest, I am not sure that any elf in Starsong Hill would want to trade for that machine."


Not in use

The morning comes and Edvard eats with the others in relative silence... however halfway through the repast he addresses the group. "Before we leave, we need seek an audience with Killiar and their Starsinger... though this time to speak of the war to come."

Methinks we need a loot splittage as well?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

loot:
Here's what I've got in the undivided loot:

Greatsword, MW, small
cloak of resistance +1 --I think thordak took, not sure
Studded Leather Armor +1, small
Handy Haversack --someone should take this
2 Elixirs of Truth --??
Wand of Cause Fear (CL 5) 25 charges --mm, undecided
2 Elixirs of Love (CL 4 ) --sell?
Wand of Disguise Self (CL 5) 25 charges --Bofus will keep this if that's OK
Scroll of Dominate Person (CL 9) --keep!!
Horn of Fog
Silvered heavy mace +2 -- Tirion has this, right?
Periapt of Health -- probably keep

speak up if you konw you want/already took something, or if I'm wrong about who should have something or if you think we should sell it.


Not in use

Phat Lewt:
Edvard has the Horn of Fog, and no need for anything else on the list.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

After breakfast, you are lead to the audience chamber of Sellyria Starsinger, the speaker of the Tiri Kitor.

"Good morning, my friends. I trust that you slept well last night. How may I help you?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Elyrial wrote:
Thordak wrote:
"Do any of your hunters use crossbows like moine? Oi was thinkin' of gettin' an upgrade..."
"I believe not, Master Dwarf. The longbows I have seen Killiar and the other hunters use are far more elegant than that heavy piece of machinery you carry! I am not surprised that you are so strong carrying that thing around with you like you do! To be honest, I am not sure that any elf in Starsong Hill would want to trade for that machine."

Elegance doesn't matter here, it's about efficiency an' power! Thordak laughs, obviously in total disharmony with elvish philosophy.

But Oi would try one o' yer bows out, just te compare if ye'd let me. Oi don't see how it could hurt!

Did the Wyrmlord have a bow? Also, would it make any sense to switch to a normal bow? I am thinking no...

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Crossbow:
Personally, I tend to prefer a bow. You have a ranger ability that eliminates the main drawback of the bigger crossbows, though--the slow reloading. There's no specific reason for you to switch, nor a specific reason not to (aside from having taken that ability). If you put any more resources (feats, abilities, etc) into Xbow, that would IMHO be enough reason to definitely stick with a Xbow.

Wyrmlord's bow was small--just my size!! So Bofus has it, as well as his acid arrows, which I'll share if someone else want some.

loot:
Here's what I propose. We trade the potions for some more useful potions of similar strength (on a 2-for-1 ratio, as ususal; this amounts to selling them). We sell

Greatsword--155 gp
leather armor--575 gp

Do we keep the wand of Cause Fear? Generally, I don't like making bad guys run away because they can always run back! i'm OK selling it; it'd net us 150 gp.

If we sold all this, we'd get

INDIVIDUAL SHARES:
SP: 1880
GP: 804
PP: 28

GROUP POT: 452 GP
(Edvard, not sure if you read about this, but we take 10% off the top of loot before shares and stick it in a "group pot" for things like healing wands, spell components we'd all benefit from, etc.)
I tend to throw a few gp into the group pot to mkae the numbers easier to divide. :-)

anyone object to this?


Not in use

On the Topic of Lootage:
Hows about we sell the potions to buy ingredients so that the surly Witch can brew you up any potions you want? My spell list is on my profile, though I could always buy extra.
Ok with selling the wand

Edvard pauses in the meeting with the Starsinger, aware that the caustic bent of his tongue may not be well received...

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Potions--done!!


Dungeon Master

This small elven village of Starsong Hill will not be the best for buying and trading. You will likely need to go to Brindol for most big purchases.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Sellyria Starsinger wrote:

After breakfast, you are lead to the audience chamber of Sellyria Starsinger, the speaker of the Tiri Kitor.

"Good morning, my friends. I trust that you slept well last night. How may I help you?"

Mornin' m'lady! Aye, Oi'm sure we all slept right well after all we did yesterday, an' after such a noice feast te celebrate. Howev'r, we've got te be movin' on. Tha battle is won, but not tha war, an' we've gotta make fer Brindol te help set up defenses. Now Oi've already been te moi homeland in tha Iron Hills, an' tha clans have mustered themselves. By now, they should be nearin' Brindol te lend their forces an' join tha humans in defendin' tha vale. Now Oi know it may seem like yer all safe an' sound here in yer swamp now that we've killed tha dragon an' all those lizard-sh!ts for ye, but trust me, it ain't! This Red Hand 's'gonna sweep through tha vale with fire an' steel, killin', rapin', burnin', an' destroyin' everything we like te call our home! Don't despair, ther'll be a time te sit back an' enjoy tha easy life, an' tell tales o' tha great battles we fought, but this is cert'nly not it! Thordak says, also turning to address any other elves in the room, his voice rising.

An ye don't wanna be tha only ones who didn't join in tha fight for freedom an' good against all tha forces of evil an' corruption! We've seen first hand wot the creatures o' this army can do--just look at yer poor Lankalar, all't was left of him was his damn ring! Oi won't beat around tha bush m'lady. We, and tha vale, need yer help! So call yer forces together an' meet us in Brindol! Bend yer bows an' saddle up yer owls, IT'S TIME FOR WAR!!!

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

D'OOOHH!! NINJA'ed by the dwarf. Edit post to reflect going after

In the awkward silence following what Thordak clearly intended to be a rousing speach but fell a little flat, Bofus clears his throat, and stands to his full 3-foot-8-inch height. He wears a face of uncharacteristic gravity, and begins to pace with his hands behind his back.

My dear Speaker, on behalf of my friends, I thank you for your warm welcome and celebration of our most glorious victory! Not only have we struck a blow for the good of the entire region, our actions have blessed your wonderful community by removing a long-standing blight, a canker of evil and violence that your people no longer must deal with!
.
We come to you today to beseech you to return the favor--not to us, but to those we represent: the goodly folk of the entire Vale. Your immediate threat has been eliminated, but the same dark and treacherous cloud hangs over the Vale in the form of the accoursed Red Hand and their fell army.
.
Believe me, I know you are loathe to lend your fine warriors and glorious steeds to aid those not of your kind. But if I may be so bold as to remind you that we are *all* in this together; if one of us falls, we will all suffer for it. NOW is the time where goodly folk who cherish freedom--who cherish their very lives!!--must pull together to stand against the common scourge threatening to scar this land for their own vile purposes.
.
We are going back to Brindol to resupply ourselves on the way to the next bastion of evil we plan to eradicate. I propose that you send an ambassador, along with a small contingent of your fine Owl Riders, to join us. The purpose: negotiate with the Brindol government and offer your military aid, as well as offering immediate scouting assistance. The entire region is falling to Brindol as a stand against the stain that is the Red Hand. Your flying contingent would be invaluable, both in scouting and in battle.
.
We
(here Bofus gestures grandly at his friends) have risked our lives in a mission that, you cannot deny, aids your people greatly. We have kicked the Red Hand in the teeth, and removed the Wyrmlord, his dragon mount, and his razorfiends, from your beautiful land. We beseech you to return this kindness we have done you, by aiding your neighbors. Please, Speaker, prevail upon your people to join together with your neighbors and stop the shadow that will spread across all lands, regardless of who is in them, if the good and brave don't stand up to them!!

I throw Elyrial a wink as I finish.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
I would argue at least a +2 circumstance bonus for recent heroic deeds which directly benefit the village.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Thordak wrote:
"Oi won't beat around tha bush m'lady. We, and tha vale, need yer help! So call yer forces together an' meet us in Brindol! Bend yer bows an' saddle up yer owls, IT'S TIME FOR WAR!!!"

There is a long silence as Sellyria gazes upon the dwarf and his blunt approach to diplomacy. However the silence is broken by Bofus.

Bofus wrote:
"My dear Speaker, on behalf of my friends. . . . Please, Speaker, prevail upon your people to join together with your neighbors and stop the shadow that will spread across all lands, regardless of who is in them, if the good and brave don't stand up to them!!

A smile comes to the face of the speaker of the Tiri Kitor as she listens to Bofus plead his case. Finally she speaks.

"I admit, the Tiri Kitor have no love for the Kulkor Zhul hobgoblins. Furthermore, we are not eager to fight a war that looks as if it might pass us by. However," she says with a slight pause. "You have come to this village selflessly in the hopes of giving aid to others. You have treated the Tiri Kitor with kindness and you have driven the Red Hand out of Rhest. You have taken care of Trellara Nightshadow as promised and returned her to us safely. You are exceptional ambassadors for your peoples, and you have impressed with your actions, both in Starsong Hill and out. Let me tell you what I am able to do."

"On behalf of my people, you may tell your High Lord of Brindol that the Tiri Kitor will come to his aid. We will send a group of our best hunters on their owls led by Killiar Arrowswift himself. They will follow his command and Killiar will serve and offer counsel to those who defend the vale. He has my trust and with his men, will accompany you back to Brindol. There they will stay in that city and fight at the side of your people until they are no longer needed or they perish in the act. All I ask that they be treated with the same respect with which you have already shown us here in our land. May you all fare well. I will speak to Killiar immediately and you may depart within the hour. Now, go and pack your belongings and prepare for your journey. I will see you when you are ready to depart."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sorry for the delay. Been busy these last few days.

Once the Speaker has said her word. Thank you m'lady. You people with their brave mounts and sharp eyes will be invaluable in defending the city of Brindol, and more importantly in scouting so that the forces of good will know how and when to strike, or defend from, the horde.

With this, Tirion bows his head respectfully.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Once we are all mounted and ready to go, I say we head straight to Bindol to report to Lord Jarmaath. Also while there we can resupply and chat with Matthais. Especially we want to ask him about the crest we found in the treasure in Rhest.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

You are both wise and kindly, Speaker! On behalf of the good folk at Brindol, thank you.

Bofus turns back to his friends. OK, so we head back to Brindol to engage these fine elves with the folk there, resupply and hunt ourselves a ghostlord? Splendid!! Let's get our affairs in order here.

DMHW:
Secret message to Elyrial: What are *you* doing for an hour??
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

Trellara approaches you while you are packing and preparing to leave.

"I have come to tell you goodbye. I am sorry to tell you this, but I will not be joining you on the next stage of your journey. I just want to say thank you for all you have done for me. You believed in me when I was feeling vulnerable and lost and although I am still grieving for the loss of my brother, I am content knowing that there are people out there like you who will see that justice is served! I hope you find that Ghostlord you are looking for and smite him down like you did the dragon. When this is all over, please come back in visit me. I have much to do here on Starsong Hill and I know the Tiri Kitor will need me, especially with the hunters leaving the area. I will remember you always! Thanks!"

Tears gently run down Trellara's face and she brushes them aside as she rushes up to give each of you a parting embrace.


Female Elven Lover of Bofus the Brave

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
What are *you* doing for an hour??"

As Elyrial catches your eye and your secret message and her face lights up. She then discretely sneaks off to her nest in the trees.

About half an hour later, you find yourself lying in her arms as she sits up and says to you, "Bofus, my dear, I wish you didn't have to leave so soon. This place is going to seem so quiet without you! Please come back to visit me as soon as can. Mostly importantly, take care of yourself and be safe. I know you are Bofus, the Brave, but please don't be Bofus the foolhardy! Make sure you come back to me alive and well!"

She plants one more gentle kiss upon your lips as she sighs deeply, sad to see you get ready to leave.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Bofus also heaves a heavy sigh. My dear, you are such a delight!! I know my dark days ahead will be brighter for the memory of you, and that's a promise. And I'll also make an especially careful point to come back to you in one piece. With one such as you to return to, that's quite an incentive ot stay alive, believe me!!

Bofus gives her a sincere hug. Don't worry about me, love. You know how careful I can be--remember how tough it was for you to find me while I was standing right next to you last night?? You keep yourself safe too.

Bofus has his things packed and together not too long after the morning meeting. He gives a wistful glance back, waving and smiling fondly to the homey elven community, mounts Erod like a regal knight, and is ready to hit the road to Brindol!!


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Trellara wrote:
"I will remember you always! Thanks!"

"Trellara, you were a wonderful help and I will always remember the assistance you gave us. I am most sorry for the loss of your brother and I hope you will someday feel whole again. When I am long gone from here, I will look back upon this time and think of you, I will always remember that beautiful voice with which you sang to us. Its sound gave me inspiration and I felt stronger simply by hearing its tone. I hope you will fare well in the months to come. Perhaps when this is all over, we can all get together and celebrate our victory."


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

Your equipment is packed,and you stand next to your mounts as you wait for the departure. Dozens of elves have gathered for this occasion and the mood is cautious, but hopeful as many elves of the hunting party embrace loved ones and hold each other dearly expressing their farewells to each other. Finally, Sellyria Starsinger approaches and brings forth a bundle of gray cloaks.

"I Sellyria Starsinger, offer you, Heroes of the Elsir Vale, a gift that will aid you in your quest to destroy the Red Hand. On behalf of the people of Tiri Kitor, I present to each a gray cloak of elvenkind. These cloaks are designed to enhanced and reflect the wearer’s surroundings, aiding each of you in blending in with any terrain. May it protect you always in your need.

[b]"Wear this well, and let it keep you safely hidden in times of trouble. Go forth now and do what needs to be done to aid and help you in the battle against the Red Hand!"

"I give this to you, Thordak, son of Thotgar! Thank you for your work in defeating the Red Hand. May you and your Hippogriff ever ride with the winds at your back."

"I give this to you, Bofus Beerswizzler! Thank you for your work in defeating the Red Hand. May your pockets ever be full and may you remain hidden whenever needed."

"I give this to you, Mantooth Longbrow! Thank you for your work in defeating the Red Hand. May your sword always remain sharp and may the light every lead you along the paths of goodness!"

"I give this to you, Tirion Jörðhár! Thank you for your work in defeating the Red Hand. May you embrace your heritage and come to know yourself as the good and noble creature that you really are."

Finally, she turns to Edvard, hands him a cloak and announces.

"I give this to you, Edvard. Thank you for your work in defeating the Red Hand. May you ever know the wilderness as your home and may you ever keep it as such!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Oh thank ye kindly m'lady! Oi've really enjoyed moiself here, an' Oi hope ye'll come visit tha Hammerfist holds when all this is over, we'll give ye a royal welcome! Thordak says, casting off his travelling cloak and donning his new elvish one.

I think Thordak was going to take a cloak of resistance or something from the wyrmlord but I think this will be better... Should we sell that other one then?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Keep them both. Wear the Cloak of Resistance. If you need to sneak, it is easy enough to take off the cloak of resistance and put on the cloak of elvenkind.


Not in use

Edvard takes the cloak and gives a bow to hide his sardonic smirk. A woven cloth who's sole purpose is to hide us... as they will mostly hide in their forest away from harm. though knows better than to speak. In truth he was surprised to even receive a promise of soldiers in support of the fight... but all was welcome, and likely needed.

Rubbing his scarred chest and shoulders where they ache beneath his clothes Edvard is momentarily tired... but thoughts of the path ahead steel him to purpose and sharpen his focus.

After the ceremony Edvard seeks out Killiar and speaks quietly and without malice "Illusions are fleeting and quickly forgotten, when we are forced to ride to our death" not extending a hand but his eyes showing a degree of solidarity for the troubles that must lie ahead for them both "You may not like me, and I care not if you do... but if you fall I will see your body carried to rest beneath these leaves. I will do that for any of your kin who fall in this fight"


Edvard wrote:
"Illusions are fleeting and quickly forgotten, when we are forced to ride to our death"

"Indeed, Dark Hermit, we ride to battle to push our strength against the Red Hand of Doom. However of what illusions do you speak? My people are real in that the joys and sorrows they experience are genuine. There can be no doubt of that. They tears they shed are as real as the smiles they share."

Edvard wrote:
"You may not like me, and I care not if you do... but if you fall I will see your body carried to rest beneath these leaves. I will do that for any of your kin who fall in this fight"

"You are indeed a mysterious one, Edvard. I do not see you able to open yourself up to our friendship, but truly I am grateful for what you have done. Your offer to bring our bodies back to our homeland is a also a kind offer that I cannot decline. For should one of the Tiri Kitor fall, the families and kin will most certainly want to put closure to his passing. However, let us not speak of death at the moment, but instead cling to the hope that we can make a difference in the battle to come."


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Thordak wrote:
"Oh thank ye kindly m'lady! Oi've really enjoyed moiself here, an' Oi hope ye'll come visit tha Hammerfist holds when all this is over, we'll give ye a royal welcome!"

"You are most thoughtful, Thordak, son of Throtgar. Although your approach to diplomacy is sometimes rather unorthodox, your intentions are kind and sincere and most appreciated. I will make no promise, but if the people of Elsir Vale are victorious, perhaps I will take you up on your offer. In the days to come, if you see the leader of the Hammerfist Holds, kindly give him our regards from the Tiri Kitor."

"Fare well, Thordak, Son of Throtgar. May you go with the blessing of the elves!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Bofus immediately stowes the Cloak fo elvenkind he already was wearing and puts on the new. You are most gracious, Speaker Starsinger! Long will we remember your kindness and hospitality! And our hope is that bonds forged through strife--between us, and between you and your neighbors--will be long-lived! I hope to come back fo ran extended visit once this mess is over!!

I'm assuming Edvard's conversation wiht Killiar is on the road, and not necesssarily private?

Boy, Edvard, I dind't realize you were *such* a fatalist!! Yes, we're all riding to our inevitable doom, no question. But how can you NOT take advantage of the good times in between, to squeeze every drop of pleasure you can out of this precious time we have, suck the marrow out of life!! THAT'S what makes the strive and travail survivable, innit???

thordak--I'd suggest doing what I did, and for the same reason--get a vest or shirt of resistance! Leaves the cloak slot open.


Not in use

To Killiar and Bofus both: Edvard mirthlessly chuckles "Call me what you must Bofus" before leaving both of their half-questions unanswered. Then after a slight pause he adds in Elvish "On ne fait pas boire un âne qui n'a pas soif."

Elvish:
"One does not make a donkey drink if it isn't thirsty."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Perhaps not--but if the donkey knows dry times area head, migth it not be wise to drink up??


Not in use

"You miss the meaning Bofus. I have no desire for what you draw pleasure from, hence it is wasted breath to attempt to persuade me to partake."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Ah, my new friend, 'twas NOT wasted breath! Do we not know each other better now? Even if folk argue--good naturedly, to be sure--and there's no way to persuade, there should at least be learning of the other side!
.
But, that then brings out a question, if I may be so bold--What *do* you desire to draw pleasure from??


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Baaaaa

7,301 to 7,350 of 10,249 << first < prev | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.