Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


7,001 to 7,050 of 10,204 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

I hate to say it . . . but I believe this little bugger. But just because he's not pleased to have been the wyrmlord's lackey, doensnt' mean he's not a bad guy! THAT I cna't tell . . .


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

He used spells to attempt to force me to release a pen full of dragon spawn - AFTER the wyrmlord had been defeated. I do not trust him.

Bind him and secure him so that he cannot turn invisible again.

I cast Detect Magic to see what magic he might have upon himself.

DMHW:

Remember, the Glitterdust does not make the invisible creature visible, rather it allows others to see him due to the sparkling dust. In my view, essentially we can see a humanoid shaped creature covered in sparkles.


Dungeon Master

Mantooth (Tirion):

You are able to detect a faint aura coming from the creature who calls himself Grallak Kur.

Tirion:

You are able to detect a magical aura upon the creature's backpack, his leather armor, and a few potion flasks upon his person.


Mantooth wrote:
If you despised him so, why were you healing and releasing him?

The answer is heard telepathically by all in the room.

"Naturally, I had no choice but to aid him, otherwise he most certainly would have killed me. How was I to know that I was to be rescued by such strong and able warriors? Once again, I cannot thank you enough for ending the tyranny!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Mantooth

You are evil, that is clear. I do not know whether you wish to delay us until your true master the dragon returns, or whether you have decided to abandon this lost cause to take your evil elsewhere, but either way, we cannot allow you to go.

You stating that you had to aid him rings with falsehood. He was captured and it was clear that we were simply keeping him alive to be questioned. He was no threat to you.

Mantooth turns to Bofus.

Tie him up and do with you as you will. I cannot condone killing him, but I also know that we cannot allow this evil beast to remain behind us.

With that, Mantooth walks out of the room and takes a watchful position just outside of the room where he cannot see what happens in the room.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

That's what he was trying to do??? Get you to release dragonspawn?? *sigh* Like I said, I believe he doesnt' want to follow this earstwhile wyrmlord, but he's sly enough to hide whether it's because he's got other fish to fry. I'll tie him up securely, using the Rope of Climbing.

ONce Mantooth leaves . . .

OK, I think there's no reason to whisper, except so the paladin doesn't hear us. This guy can speak telepathically, no reason to think he also can't hear our thoughts with little effort. He can turn invisible, he's sneaky, he's smart, his loyalties are unknown, he is evil, and he's already tried to kill us by putting Tirion in thrall. Normally I'd say we should let him go with a stern warning, but he's too dangerous. I think we need to kill him. I'll ask forgiveness later.

this is loud enough only to carry in this room, I don't want Mantooth to hear.

Oh, and if Grallak makes *any* kind of move that could be interpreted as escape, or communicating--particualry Mantooth--I'll immeidately stab him.


"Wait! Wait!" The creature declares aloud. The rest comes to you telepathically.

"I know that was a poor decision for Grallak to suggest to the dark gnome to release the dragonspawn, but I am not evil when you compare me to the rest of the Red Hand! I am just making choices to try and survive these dangerous times! Clearly, I may have made some poor choices in my past, but I assure you, I can be of help to you! I know a great deal of information that may aid you in your cause against the Red Hand. I could be willing to divulge some of this information for a small iddy biddy price, mainly my freedom, but not if you plan on killing me. Please, relax and let's not be hasty. Please let us consider some kind of mutually beneficial negotiation? Hmm what do you say, my friends?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Release your invisibility and drop all you equipment including your spell pouch.
Tirion almost spits this out.

You do not deserve to live, so, you information better be worth you life.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

What do you all think? finding out all we can about the Red Hand worth letting this wretch live?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

You get outta moi head or Oi'll get in yers with moi axe! If ye want te speak te me, ye'll be usin' yer mouth like a proper..wotever ye are! Thordak says, brandishing his axe.


Although Grallak Kur is bound and you can see the glitter dust on him, he becomes very clear once he lets down his invisibility.

The creature is a strange looking gray skinned hobgoblin with a messy tuft of red hair upon his scalp. His eyes look rather large and a bit vacant as he still appears blinded from the glitterdust. He is clearly unable to make eye contact with any of you.

"Thank you," he replies politely. "I am happy to reveal myself to you in this state of extreme vulnerability. Clearly my life is in your hands. I wish to cooperate fully and I mean no offense when I say this, but I am afraid that I cannot drop any further equipment with my hands bound as they are. I meant no offense to you, kind dwarf! As I mentioned earlier, I did not mean to upset you with my preferred method of communication, but I will try talk to you in your common tongue. Now, please ask what questions you have and I will gladly tell you what you what I may."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

First off, what is this particular "local chapter" of the Red Hand up to, in the short-term?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Bofus, strip him first. His backpack, or something in it, his armor and his potions all radiate magic. Once he is out of those, I will see if he possesses anything else.


Bofus wrote:
"First off, what is this particular "local chapter" of the Red Hand up to, in the short-term?"

"This branch of the Red Hand is or I should say was run by the Wrymord Saarvith for the purpose of breeding a platoon of Greenspawn Razorfiends for the invasion of the Elsir Vale. There is a hatchery just outside of this building that is filled with dozens of eggs as well as some young and middle aged hatched razorfiends. The dragonspawn may be young, but they are still vicious fiends that can cause a great amount of damage, especially as they get older."

Bofus:
The strange hobgoblin appears to be telling the truth as far as you can tell.

Tirion:
As you remove the possessions from the creature before binding him, you find the following:

Masterwork Studded Leather Armor*
Masterwork Dagger
Backpack*
4 potions* (2 colored magenta, 2 colored red)
2 Wands*
1 Scroll containing a spell*
3 doses of Poison
40 gold pieces

*Indicates that it radiates an aura of magic.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Spellcraft(Armor): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Spellcraft(backpack): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Spellcraft(magenta potions): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Spellcraft(red potions): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Spellcraft(wand 1): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Spellcraft(wand 2): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Spellcraft(scroll): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

--> well, how is that for a mix of awesome and sucky. 2 20s, 2 2s and a 1.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'll assist in the removal of equipment while we talk.

OK. We've heard rumors of something called the "Eye of the Dragon." You know anything about that?


Bofus wrote:
"OK. We've heard rumors of something called the "Eye of the Dragon." You know anything about that?"

"Eye of the Dragon? I am not familiar with the term. I presume it must be something to give you astounding vision, for all of the dragons I have met seem to have acute perception!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

You speak of this as a branch of the Red Hand. Where and who are the others?


Dungeon Master

Tirion:

Spellcraft(Armor): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Studded Leather Armor +1
Spellcraft(backpack): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Handy Haversack
Spellcraft(magenta potions): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 2 Elixirs of Truth
Spellcraft(red potions): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Unknown
Spellcraft(wand 1): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Unknown
Spellcraft(wand 2): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Wand of Cause Fear (CL: 5), 25 charges
Spellcraft(scroll): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Unknown


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I look over at Trellara and Edvard: Do either of you have skills identifying magic items? This scroll, wand and these two red potions I cannot discern.

_____________

DMHW & Edvard:

Edvard
Spellcraft(Red Potions): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Spellcraft(Wand 1): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Spellcraft(Scroll): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Tirion wrote:
"You speak of this as a branch of the Red Hand. Where and who are the others?"

"Well, the main branch is the gathering horde commanded by Wyrmlord Hravek Kharn! He is the general in command of the horde that will take over all of the towns in the vale. Then there is Wyrmlord Koth. He is in charge of the scouting patrols in the Witchwood. He is basically laying the groundwork for Kharn's troops to invade. I have already told you about Wyrmlord Saarvith and his hatchery. There is also Wyrmlord Ulwai Stormcaller. She is working with the Ghostlord to raise an army of undead. All of these wyrmlords owe allegiance to High Wyrmlord Azarr Khul. Nobody knows where he is located, but he shows up when we least expect it!"


Dungeon Master

Edvard (Tirion):

Spellcraft(Red Potions): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 2 Elixirs of Love CL 4
Spellcraft(Wand 1): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Wand of Disguise Self, CL 5 (25 charges)
Spellcraft(Scroll): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Scroll of Dominate Person CL 9


Male

Edvard coldly regards the strange hobgoblin as the others interrogate it, the hardness in his eyes making it clear that he does not trust or look kindly upon the one who calls himself Grallak. Taken out of his reverie slightly as Tirion makes his request, Edvard examines the items and replies "The tools of one who prefers to engender trust through manipulation and mental force... than by truthfulness and honor."

To the one that pleads for his life Edvard delivers a dangerous question "And what of your part in the Red Hand? How many of the vale have you caused to die through your actions?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Hold on. Thordak says, putting his hand on Edvard's arm.

Grollock, ye call yerself? Tell me more about these wyrmlords. Oi want locations an' defenses!


Male

Edvard's muscles tighten as he looks down at where Thordak has laid a hand upon him. After a moment he shrugs off the dwarf's arm and takes a step away from the Ranger.


Edvard wrote:
"The tools of one who prefers to engender trust through manipulation and mental force... than by truthfulness and honor."

"Hehe." He replies with an edge of nervousness. "Those are just tools that I needed to do my job, but as you can see, I haven't had many customers back here in the swamp besides a few misbehaving lizardfolk. Hehe. Please don't hold those items against me."

Edvard wrote:
"And what of your part in the Red Hand? How many of the vale have you caused to die through your actions?"

"Oh, I doubt I have been able to cause any deaths on my part. I am certainly eccentric with some unusual gifts, but I certainly have not put those skills to work harming innocent people such as yourselves! I think I am just a curious case for the Red Hand and they wished to use me to communicate with those that didn't seem to agree with their plan of taking over the vale. But as you can see, the Red Hand has not met with a great deal of resistance, and consequently I have not had much of a job back here in this bug infested swamp."

Thordak wrote:
"Grollock, ye call yerself? Tell me more about these wyrmlords. Oi want locations an' defenses!

"Well master dwarf. General Kharn is on the move and is likely to reach Brindol before too long. His defense is huge as he travels with an army several thousand strong. Wyrmlord Koth has his own keep that he guards with a manticore somewhere in the Witchwood. Wyrmlord Stormcaller is found far to the south in the lair of the Ghostlord. I don't know where it is located since I obviously have not been there, but I am sure it is well defended by both the dead and the living."


Male

Edvard's head whips back to the red headed creature when it is mentioned that Koth holds court within the Witchwood "Where in the Witchwood? Did the goblin keep maps?"

After review I think we've not yet opened the An iron chest sits on the floor beneath the table.?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Using the Message spell I whisper to Edvard: Koth and his manticores are now serving to fertilize the trees in the Witchwood.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Is Wyrmlord Corn tha one with tha bridge incident? Thordak mutters to Tirion.


Edvard wrote:
"Where in the Witchwood? Did the goblin keep maps?"

"I have never been to Wyrmlord Koth's hideout, but he took over the ruins of some old keep somewhere south of Skull Gorge Bridge. I am sure that he kept maps. The crazy bugbear was always sending scouts and patrols all over the region."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

So, let me understand this. The great fighting horde of the Red Hand consists of the dead Wyrmlord Koth and his dead troops, the dead Wyrmlord Saarvith and his soon to be dead troops, Wyrmlord Kharn, who found that his way into the vale was greatly hindered due to someone destroying the bridge over the gorge and the ferry over the river. And Wyrmlord Stormcaller who is attempting to gather ever predictable undead. Sounds like this great force is not that great. Two commanders dead, one delayed, and one being held in reserve.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

What of the Red Hand's desire to open a portal to some strange realm where dragon-gods may emerge? Ever hear of anyhing like that?


Tirion wrote:
"So, let me understand this. The great fighting horde of the Red Hand consists of the dead Wyrmlord Koth and his dead troops, the dead Wyrmlord Saarvith and his soon to be dead troops, Wyrmlord Kharn, who found that his way into the vale was greatly hindered due to someone destroying the bridge over the gorge and the ferry over the river. And Wyrmlord Stormcaller who is attempting to gather ever predictable undead. Sounds like this great force is not that great. Two commanders dead, one delayed, and one being held in reserve."

"I confess, being stationed up here in these swamps, I did not know that Wyrmlord Koth has died or that Wyrmlord Kharn was held up at the bridge over the gorge. Certainly this is more information than of which I am aware. Perhaps you are right though, the cracks are appearing in the Red Hand that may soon scatter the tribes to the mountains. Perhaps the threat is now over for you of the five races."

Bofus:

Bofus wrote:
"What of the Red Hand's desire to open a portal to some strange realm where dragon-gods may emerge? Ever hear of anyhing like that?"

The strange creature replies to you telepathically.

"Once again, you speak of things that I have no knowledge concerning. However, this information would lend itself to the rumor that there is a massive temple hidden in the heart of the mountains where Azarr Kul dwells. We peons have often speculated what the cleric of Tiamat has in plan for the vale, but I never imagined that he would have the power to summon forth the queen of dragons! Perhaps this would explain why he has so many dragons assisting him."


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

Trellara looks at the creature and asks it, "Who killed my brother Lanikar and why did they do it?"


"Oh, you sound like one of the elves from nearby. Yes, I heard that one of the Razorfiends caught one of your kind. I don't think they meant any harm to your kin, the razorfiends just get a little hungry sometimes. Your brother should have just stayed out of the swamp. You must realize that they are savage beasts don't you?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Soon they will be dead beasts, and less of a concern.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Didn't mean any harm?! Your savage little razorfiend slaughtered my brother and mutilated his owl! He was one of the greatest hunters of Starsong Hill, and you are telling me that your dragonspawn meant no harm?! I have no doubt that he was ripped to shreds and digested in acid!"

Tears begin to stream down the elf's face as she begins shouting at the hobgoblin.

"You and the Red Hand are going to pay the price for your hatred and cruetly! Don't you dare ever tell me that they just get a little hungry sometimes! You spawned a deadly beast that is meant to destroy other races and that will no longer be tolerated. I do not see any reason to show you any mercy. You didn't show any mercy to my brother when you created that wretched fiend!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Alright. Let's be done with it. Lay yer head on tha bench an' Oi'll give ye a clean death. Thordak says, wiping his axe off and taking out a whetstone to hone it quickly.


"My dear lady, you clearly misunderstand me. I am not at all like one of the Wyrmlords! I had nothing to do with the creation of the razorfiends! I'm a victim of the Red Hand just like yourselves! I assure you, I had nothing to do with those evil creatures. I am most sorry for your loss, but I promise you that I had nothing to do with it! Please, do not hold me responsible for the crimes of the others. You all promised to let me free! Now, if you have no other questions, I would like to be released now, thank you!"

The strange hobgoblin begins to sweat and get rather nervous at this time.

"What are you doing, Dwarf?! I promised you information and I have spoken freely. Now you are suppose to release me. You wouldn't go back on your word, would you?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Oi never gave ye moi word 'bout anythin'. If Oi had, Oi would honor it. Right now, you have valuable information 'bout tha horde an' its generals that tha others don't know--an Oi need te keep it that way. Oi can't let ye go out there an' spill tha beans, see? Now don't make this difficult, Oi promise Oi'll swing true.


Male

Edvard regards the red haired beast with cold eyes, clearly supportive of Thordak's decision to end the creature.


Thordak wrote:
"Oi never gave ye moi word 'bout anythin'. If Oi had, Oi would honor it. Right now, you have valuable information 'bout tha horde an' its generals that tha others don't know--an Oi need te keep it that way. Oi can't let ye go out there an' spill tha beans, see? Now don't make this difficult, Oi promise Oi'll swing true."

"Well, if you would honor sparing my life, there is still more that I may tell you. However, as for information, what you have told me will not be of significance. I am sure they already know about the incident of the bridge and the fate of Koth. That is just information that a lowly hobgoblin like me just didn't know. But I assure you I have no need to tell anyone else. Besides, who would could I possibly tell this information to that does not already know it, Master Dwarf? Wyrmlord Saarvith is dead and so are his minions. Now I am a lonely hobgoblin with a mental curse that would prefer to live alone anyway. I assure you, you will not regret sparing my life! Please give me your word! I don't deserve to die here!"

Sense Motive DC 46:
How did you roll a Sense Motive 46? If you really did, send me a personal message and I will tell you something.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 <--for a read

Well, Mister Kur, technically speaking, *no* one here agreed to anything. You simply started spilling the beans.

Hmmm, I'm not sure . . . .

I have more to say, but I need to test something first . . .

I look sternly at the hobgoblin . . .

DMHW:
this is tricky, but I wnat to see if he can read my mind. I make a differentiation between "him picking up my actively trying to telepathically commuicate" and "him reading my surface thoughts." So, I'm going to look at him, and muse where the best place to stick a rapier would be, and see if he reacts to that.

If he can read our minds, it makes no difference where we discuss his fate.


Bofus wrote:

"Well, Mister Kur, technically speaking, *no* one here agreed to anything. You simply started spilling the beans.

Hmmm, I'm not sure . . . ."

"You are all rather unfair in your technicalities. But, nevertheless, I have told you a great deal. You must certainly realize how valuable I have been to you?!"

The eyes of the creature grow large and fearful as Bofus stares him down sternly.

Bofus:
You are certain the creature can read your mind.

Grallak pleads with the halfling telepathically. Please do not kill me! If you need to fool your friends, you could stab me gently and I will pretend to die. I could try to find the eye of the dragon for you. Just throw me into the water and I will swim away and come back with it once I find it. I promise, I will bring it just to you and it can be all yours!


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Whaddaya mean a 'mental curse'?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Thanks for confirming that you can read minds. Now I know we can simply speak freely.

OK ladies and gents, I've just determined that this guy can actually read our minds with little effort, not just commuincate telepathically. So there's no real point in tyring ot talk quietly, he can simply hear it anyway.
.
So here's where I stand. I think this guy is dangerous. I also think he can prove helpful, considering what he's given us already. I think it would both be dishonorable, and not in our best interest, to kill him outiright as he's bound and helpless.
.
I think he's smart enough to know that we can take him any time we want to, so I doubt he'll threaten us directly. And if we give him a show of good faith--like unbinding him--he may be of use to us. Who knows, maybe we can even reform this guy!
.
I vote that we spare his life, give him his freedom, and see what else he can offer us for information. He knows what we can do--we took out his fromer boss relativley easily, and if he wants to watch us do the same to the dragon, that'll just cement the fear of us into him that much better!! And now he knows that we know what he's capable of, and anything weird going on we'll be looking for him, and will NOT give a third chance!!
.
What say you all?

DMHW, can you confirm whether the wyrmlord equipment is "small?"


Male

Edvard shakes his head "Je pisse sur votre logique... Do you so easily forget this creature's honor? It was hidden to our sight and could easily have fled when the goblin lay broken and bloody at our feet... but no. It made the choice to attempt to lure not only myself but also Tyrion to our deaths. No... it does not deserve our mercy, and if your heart is too soft to do what is needed..." letting his words trail off as he draws a dagger and makes plain his intent.


Dungeon Master

Yes, the wyrmlord's equipment is small.


Thordak wrote:
"Whaddaya mean a 'mental curse'?"

"The powers within my mind are thought of as a gift, but in truth it is more of a curse that you realize. It is for the reason of this 'gift' that the Red Hand has taken such an interest in me."

Edvard:
The hobgoblin communicates to you telepathically. "What is it that you want, Witch? I have not harmed you. I was simply suggesting you go upstairs for your own safety. There is still much that I can offer you, if you will permit me. If you let me free, I can try and find the black dragon and persuade him to leave the area and give you your woods back. Just imagine, you will be free of the Red Hand and their dragons. You will be free to live on your own again in the peace of the wilderness!"


Male

Grallak:
Edvard does not reply to the red haired creatures' attempts to communicate.

7,001 to 7,050 of 10,204 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.