Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,951 to 7,000 of 10,040 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>

Dungeon Master

Edvard:
You hear the telepathic voice of creature in your head luringly speak to you.

"You must leave the others and come with me!"

However, your elven resistance has barely given you the strength of will to resist the calling.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW - I failed to post my actual Round 3 action. The MM was Round 2, but full round casting due to the meta magic rod.

Round 3
Cast Shocking Grasp - Spectral Hand should still be in effect I believe.
Attack-ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25 <-- Not sure whether I get the +2 Bard, +1 Haste & +2 Hatred - I have included the Bard & Hatred, but not the Haste as that makes sense.
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 4, 1) = 16 - no save


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Attack specs: +6 BAB, +5 strx1.5, +2 song, +4 favored enemy, +1 haste, +1 mw, +1 hatred

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:
Attack specs: +6 BAB, +5 strx1.5, +2 song, +4 favored enemy, +1 haste, +1 mw, +1 hatred

Thordak--unless I'm missing something, I calc you at +19:

+6 BAB
+2 weapon (does not stack with Masterwork)
+3 str (the +1.5 is for damage on a 2-h weapon only, not hit)
+2 bardsong
+4 favored
+1 haste
+1 hatred
.
Damage should be +2 weapon, +5 str, +2 bardsong, +4 fav enemy = +13 damage
.
did I miss anything?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Ok yes, I thought using a weapon two-handed got an attack bonus--it doesn't. I also thought the masterwork bonus was only for attacks and the magic was only for damage. For +2 magic weapons, is it +2/+2 attack and damage? I thought bofus was up above Saarvith so I added the flanking bonus too.

For damage I have +2 magic, +4 fav. enemy, +5 str, +2 song, +1 tunnel fighter, +4 power attack


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Don't forget, if you are using PA, you take a -2 to all your attacks to get the +4 damage.


Dungeon Master

How come nobody want's to post actions for round 4? Are you all giving up? I know the Wyrmord sees trouble and knows when to run, but he hasn't gotten away yet!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

round 4

I pull out my Rope of Climbing. Tie yourself to that goblin's foot, rope!!!

Thordak, Mantooth, quick!! Help me--grab this end!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Giving up, in-DEED!!!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 4
I move to the door. If I can see the Wyrmlord, I will cast another Shocking Grasp at him.

Attack-ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 6, 2) = 19

You are going to die goblin scum.
You can hear the disgust Tirion feels toward his peoples eternal enemy.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 4
Thordak whips out his crossbow and fires off two shots at Saarvith.

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 34 +6BAB,+3Dex,+4fav.enemy,+1haste,+2song,+1hatred,+1point blank
Damage:1d10 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 18 +3Dex,+4fav.enemy,+2song,+1hatred,+1point blank,+1tunnel fighter

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 29 +6BAB,+3Dex,+4fav.enemy,+1haste,+2song,+1hatred,+1point blank
Damage:1d10 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15 +3Dex,+4fav.enemy,+2song,+1hatred,+1point blank,+1tunnel fighter


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Thordak - you do not get the Dex bonus on damage with a ranged weapon. And, you only get it with a melee weapon if you have either a weapon with the Agile magical power or the Dancing Dervish feat. Both your damage rolls should be reduced by 3.


Dungeon Master

Round 4

• Bofus, thinking quickly, pulls out his Rope of Climbing and tosses one end into the water to try and catch a hold of the slippery goblin wyrmlord.

Rope Grapple Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

However, the wyrmlord kicks the rope away before it entangles him.

• Tirion moves outside of the door and casts shocking grasp on the Wyrmlord and delivers a terrible electrical burn.
• Trellara continues her bardic performance bringing comfort to herself and the others.
• Thordak pulls out his crossbow, steps out onto the boardwalk and fires a single shot at the wyrmlord striking it unconscious.

At that point, the rope of climbing is able to easily grasp onto the goblin wyrmlord.

• Mantooth races to the door to offer what assistance he can. Together Bofus and Mantooth pull in the goblin like they were reeling in a nice big fish! Saarvith is nearly dead, but although unconscious, he still appears alive at this time. What do you do first?

Battlemat

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Let's get him inside, out of the open. While we decide what to do, I need to tend to my wounds before that dragon comes back!

I pull out the wand of CLW and wave it around, mumbling nondescript nonsense words. Miraculously, they work--at least sometimes.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 <--success
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 <--success
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 <--success
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Ahhh, much better!! Anyone else hurt? Lemme see, lemme see!!

once wounds are attended to . . .

You guys think we should wake this guy up to try to question him? We could force-feed him the elixer of truth I've got in my pack . . . This I ask while searching his person for anyting nice.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak searches the Wyrmlord's person, removing any weapons or objects. Then, he ties him up very tightly with rope.

Tie rope: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Used my climb skill bonus. Is that ok?

For good measure, he gives him a stout kick in the shins.


Dungeon Master

Now that the battle is over, you look around the room and realize that you are in what feels like a museum. Three large animals - a leopard, a wild boar, and a crocodile stand at the ready in the western portion of this room . . . but on second inspection, they prove to be stuffed and mounted for display. The walls are decorated with a striking tapestry depicting a five-headed dragon in a pose of destructive rage. A free standing perch for a falcon or eagle stands in the room's northwest corner. A cot heaped with fine furs lies to the south. To the northeast stands a large table. Atop the table lies a dead batlike creature, its abdomen cleaned and stuffed with salt and wood chips, and its wings pinned to the table's surface with several thin pins. An iron chest sits on the floor beneath the table.

The goblin wyrmlord wears a mithral chain shirt. He dropped a masterwork greatsword on the floor, a longbow is slung over his shoulder. He wears a cloak. A belt pouch is on his waistbelt that contains 37 gold pieces, 11 platinum pieces and a key.

Saarvith's Chamber

While you are searching, the wyrmlord health begins to fail. . .

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Edvard, do you have the ability to stablizize our friend here, while I divest him of his possessions? Maybe we can question him. Tirion, can you determine what on his guy has any magicky qualities??

I start by removing his weapons, then pouch and cloak. I hold off on the mithral shirt.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Alright, he won't get outta that. Now somebody patch him up a little so we can find out what he's been up to!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I cast Detect Magic.

Spellcraft(chain shirt): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Spellcraft(bow): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Spellcraft(greatsword): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Spellcraft(cloak): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I also scan the rest of the room and head back to the first room to scan there.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Wait, wait!! If you're going to do any magic juju on him, lemme pour the elixer of truth down his gullet first!! But I'll wait until we're ready to heal him up a touch.

I take out the elixer and hold it ready to administer, waiting on a healer-type to answer me first. :-)


Dungeon Master

Tirion:

Looking into the spectrum of magical auras you are able to determine the properties of the following magic items.

+2 Mithral Chain Shirt
Masterwork Greatsword (no magic)
Cloak of Resistance +1
+1 Longbow
17 Arrows of Acid

Next, you return to the first room alone. While you are there, scanning the room for magic items, a telepathic voice enters your head and gives you a reasonable suggestion.

"Dragonspawn gnome, you are needed outside. I suggest you go up the stairs and exit the building quietly so as not to disturb the others. I will give you further instructions once you reach the outside."

Will Save DC 16 to resist the suggestion.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whistling patiently*


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak twists a crossbow bolt out of the goblin in an attempt to bring him back...

Heal:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 to stabilize


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 <-- This bloody sucks. I rolled like a 17 2 days ago and had no idea you guys were waiting on me. Didn't know it had not posted.

I head up the stairs. Unless I am immediately caught, once I am to the top of the stairs, I immediately realize that there is a problem and run back down calling for help. If this is Suggestion, I do not think that there is any allowance for ongoing or additional instructions.

Ok all, let me check the other room again. We have a nice +2 magic chain shirt here, a +1 cloak of resistance, a sweet +1 longbow, and the 17 arrows are arrows of acid.

I then head out to check the other room while the rest of the group looks over the loot.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Any chance any of these are small or will resize to fit a guy like moi?? :-)

Again? Why, you think you missed something? hang on--didn't Edvard say something about something up the stairs, while we were fighting??? LOet's not split up yet, Tirion. Stick around!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

The +2 armor was fitted for a goblin, it should already be size small.

Need DMHW to respond before I can Bofus.


Dungeon Master

Thordak pulls out the crossbow bolt and is able to stabilize the wyrmlord's bleeding. However, the golblin remains unconscious.

Perception DC 10:
While you are investigating the room, looking around at the loot, you notice that Tirion is no longer with you. You are not clear where he went.

Tirion:
You reach the top of the stairs and exit through the outer door onto the roof. Once outside, you hear another suggestion being made to you telepathically.

You are needed to help feed the dragonspawn, come down the stairs and follow the boardwalk to the pen. Come in and feed the pets!

Will save DC 16 to resist the next suggestion.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Tirion! Where'd ye go? Come back here! Ah bugger all... Somebody stay here with tha prisoner, he shouldn't die now at least... Somebody come with me, Oi'm not sure where Tirion went but there's certainly no reason te be wanderin' off alone, 'specially not with tha dragon still about!

Thordak follows Tirion.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

I head as directed. Your call - can I yell back to the others since the voice did not tell me to be quiet? If so, I will make another post telling the others where I am going.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Since the goblin is now stable, I command the rope . . .

Bind around him, pinning his arms. Now secure to .. . this thing (as I'm sure there's somethign solid to tie to in this room)

OK, he's not going anywhere. Let's all stay together--Edvard said there's somethign up there. TIRION!! Where are you?

I grab some of the acid arrows and follow Thordak in followin gTirion. I beckon Mantooth and Edvard to follow as well.


Dungeon Master

The wyrmlord is bound and Bofus and Thordak follow Tirion up the stairs and out the front door. At the bottom of the stairs along the walkway, you witness Tirion about to open the door to the large log pen at the south end of the boardwalk.

Gotta run. Map to follow.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Tirion! Wot're ye doin? Come on, we're not done down there! Thordak says, walking over to him.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Are the dragonspawn casually sitting and making paper cranes? Or are they raving carnivores? Unless there is food for me to feed them and they are all peaceful, I would think that the opening of the pen would qualify as dangerous. Being asked to do a dangerous act will break the spell.


Dungeon Master

Mantooth or Edvard Perception DC 16:

Suddenly you realize that the Wyrmlord appears to be healing up quickly and the ropes appear to be coming undone.

Tirion does not reply and actually appears slightly obsessed as he seems very focussed on the task at hand. Thordak rushes down the stairs as the gnome has his hand on the door and is about to open the pen to release whatever lies within.

Tirion:

At Thordak's call, you hear the sound of the dwarf and you nearly return to your senses. You may try to resist the telepathic calling with another Will Save DC 16 to be able to choose to react normally. As it is at the moment, it does not seem unreasonable to continue trying to open the door.

Outside Town Hall


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak grabs Tirion by the scruff of his tunic and pulls him away from the door.
Hey! Leave that be fer now...

Grab:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Aid another to help Thordak grab tirion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 = success to add +2 to thordak's roll

*whisper* EVERYONE. Get over here, something is wrong with Tirion!!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Hearing Thordak's call, Tirion turns his head and then shakes it as though shaking of the remnants of sleep first thing in the morning.

What am I doing here?

__________________
Since Mantooth has not posted in a week, I will post for him unless someone objects.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Edvard, what the heck is happening to the Wyrmlord?

Mantooth runs over and swings his mighty sword above the Wyrmlord so that if anything invisible is helping, it will hopefully take a blow.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Concealment - 1-50 is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 60

He will also hit the Wyrmlord to make sure it stays down if possible.

Where is the elf bard during all this? I assume she stopped performing.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Tirion, we're not finished downstairs! Now Oi dunno wot ye were thinkin' but come on, we shouldn't be split up like this behind enemy loines! Thordak says, scanning the skies.

Thordak goes back downstairs, dragging Tirion behind him if need be.


Dungeon Master

Mantooth swings his sword near the Wyrmlord and strikes an invisible creature who hisses angrily in reply as he draws blood. The creature then moves away still hiding, trying to remain as silent as possible.

A moment later, Bofus, Tirion, and Thordak return down the stairs and arrive in the Wyrmlord's chamber again.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Mantooth," the elf exclaims, "What are you doing? Oh dear Desna, you hit some creature with your sword. How did you know it was there?"

Trellara then pulls out her own sword in the hope of defending herself.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Mantooth
Mantooth looks up to the heavens: Forgive me if I err in doing this Inheritor.

He than takes and reverses his sword and smashes the pommel down onto the partially healed Wyrmlord's head.

I would do a CDG, but think that killing a disabled foe as a paladin might be stretching things.

Damage(non-lethal): 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Mantooth then turns to his companions.
There is an invisible foe here, something that hisses. It was healing and releasing this goblin wyrmlord. Can anyone make invisible creatures visible?
_______________

DMHW:

I know that Mark has been on and off. I believe he was behind with Mantooth when this went down. I assume that when Mantooth spoke, he would have cast Glitterdust over the area. At the very least, he would have cast it as soon as he saw Mantooth's strike draw blood.

Let me know if he cast this as it will obviously affect how we proceed.


Dungeon Master

Tirion:
He probably would caster glitterdust. If we don't hear from him by noon today, then go ahead and post that for him.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Dangit!! I need to add that to my wish-list of goodies to carry. Let's see . . .

I nock an acid arrow, and take a careful look-see.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak moves into the doorway, blocking it with his axe drawn.


Dungeon Master

Behind the DM Screen:

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Bofus, you are unable to see the invisible creature. You are convinced that it must be staying absolutely still somewhere in the room to remain hidden so well.

Rhest Town Hall

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I know how to reveal this creature!! TAke from it what it desires!! Watch my back, everyone. Hey mantooth, is that the dragon coming?!?! Look over there!!

Since the wyrmlord is still tied up, he's helpless, I believe. I'll CDG.

Hey invisible thingy--come and stop me!!
CDG vs. wyrmlord: 2d4 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + (6, 1, 1) = 14 <--what remarkably crappy rolls


Wyrmlord Saarvith, who is still conscious despite Mantooth's jab lies bloody and wounded on the ground but glares up at the invaders and remarks angrily in the common tongue, "You scum will pay price for actions! You wait until Regiarix returns and he burn you in acid and eat you for dinner! If you flee, he hunt you down and pick you off one at time!"

Suddenly, Bofus runs up and delivers a coup de grace against the wyrmlord.

Fortitude Save vs. Bofus' CDG 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

The Wyrmlord dies.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oops. Well, maybe the invisible fiend will want to extract revenge or somehting. C'mon, buddy, his body is still warm and stuff!! Exact revenge! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!

I'm sorry Inigo, I didn't mean to jog him so hard . . .


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Since Edvard is out until Tuesday.

Edvard
Edvard steps into the room - C14.

Bofus, stand in the corner by the wyrmlord. Mantooth, other corner. Trellara, behind me. Tirion and Thordak, stand by the angled wall.

Edvard directs Bofus to D10, Mantooth to A10, Thordak to A13, and Tirion to B14. Edvard is standing in C14.

Edvard then reaches into one of his many pockets and withdraws a few flakes of mica which he tosses into the air while speaking mystical words. Centered at B11/C12 center. This should get every square in the room not holding a party member.

Standard Action: Cast Glitterdust <-- no save vs. invisibility removal, save vs blindness

Suddenly the entire room is filled with a glittering dust that coats the entire area except that in which the party members are standing.


Behind DM Screen:

Will Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 35 ⇒ (11) + 35 = 46

The glitterdust fills the room to reveal a grey skinned hobgoblin with a small tuft of red hair upon his scalp. He covers his eyes with his hands as he dances about on top of the table in the center of the room. Suddenly, the hobgoblin stops moving and you hear a telepathic voice inside of your head.

So you have found me at last. I am Grallak Kur and I am so pleased that you have released me from that villainous wyrmlord. I should never have taken up with that vile goblin in the first place, but those are the choices I must live with. I do not know what you have tossed upon me, but I confess I am unable to see you at the moment. I apologize for speaking to you like this, but I find it much more appealing than using my words in moments like this. I certainly hope that it does not scare you. Naturally, everyone including the Red Hand considers me to be a freak of nature, but I only hope that you can look beyond my appearance and eccentric method of communication.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Sense Motive DC 15:
Everything the strange hobgoblin communicates to you sounds very believable and without doubt, he appears to be telling the truth.

Rhest Town Hall


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Mantooth, what do you see in this one?

_______________

Mantooth
Mantooth uses his power to Detect Evil on the hobgoblin.

Mantooth looks at the strange hobgoblin:
If you despised him so, why were you healing and releasing him?

6,951 to 7,000 of 10,040 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.