Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,751 to 6,800 of 10,642 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Tiger tiger tiger, baby!!

Guys, if we miss this opportunity when they're separated, we may not get another one. The iron is hot--let's strike!!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Ok, so you all want to charge in. Well, how many are we facing and what are out tactics? We can send Thordak and Mantooth in with guns a blazing, but is that the best idea? Where are we going to set up our attack to gain the maximum advantage from the land and terrain?


Not in use

Smirking as the blood of the others begins to run warmer Edvard suggests "We draw near by boat... then if needs be I will take to the air and draw their eyes and their fire unto me. While they are engaged you should be free to close and strike. If I find their tender affection unwelcome I have means of stealing their sight for moments enough to flee unseen."


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Thordak wrote:
"Hey, c'mon now Tralala! Oi know it's dangerous, an' Oi know its ah...dangerous...but has that ever stopped anybody?"

"I know you are right, Thordak! I am just so frustrated. This is not going as I planned at all."

Trellara stands up and brushes the tears from her eyes.

"If the Dragon is away hunting, then maybe this is the best time to approach their lair and find out what they are really up to! Maybe we will be able to disrupt whatever they are scheming! What do you say, Master Longbrow? Are you going to lead us in the attack?"


Dungeon Master

I love your dialogue, but Mantooth appears busy with school. What do the rest of you decide to do? Are you going to make your assault on the town hall by boat during the quiet of the day or simply wait until dark?


Not in use

I'll claim Trellara's vote to give Tora Tora Tora 3 to 2 - let's attack!
I say go by boat to as near as we think possible 'stealthily' then we can tailor the last part by how near we get.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'm with Edvard. Let's get as close as we can by boat, ASAP to take advantage of the dragon net being there!! I'll bet we can use branches and stuff to disguse the boats enough to close sufficiently . ..


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Edvard Zamoyski wrote:

I'll claim Trellara's vote to give Tora Tora Tora 3 to 2 - let's attack!

I say go by boat to as near as we think possible 'stealthily' then we can tailor the last part by how near we get.

I thought it was 1 if by land, 2 if by sea.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Enough of this sitting around crying! I agree with Edvard! We will not get anywhere if we at least don't have the courage to try! Now, who will lead me onward to avenge my brother, Lanikar?! Let's hit the boats and strike them in the heart when they least expect it, right in the middle of the day! Come on, Thordak, you're in my boat again!"

Trellara proceeds through the building to the room with the elven boats and prepares to lay the Luvatar into the lake again.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Alright, but our boat better not tip! thordak says, shouldering his crossbow and peeking out the window.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

DMHW: Does this environment count as 'Urban' for my ranger bonuses?


Dungeon Master

Well, Thordak, it was once a great city. Although the wilderness has taken over a great deal, I will say yes.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Yyyyyeeesssss!!

I'll take anothe rlook--looking specificaly for the dragon. Also for what's currently going on aroudn the bell and the rest of our enemies!

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Assuming the coast is clear . . . as we bring the boats out, I'll take some local fauna to camouflage them.

Stealth roll, or Disable Device? Or somethign else??


Dungeon Master

Stealth Checks from each please.

As you board your boats and paddle into the lake, there is no evidence of the dragon. Soon you approach what must have been an impressive stone structure that now lies half-submerged in the lake. Its facade still displays majestic heroes bearing heraldic lion devices and armed with swords, spears, and bows, their countenances carved into marble pillars. The building's ground floor in now completely submerged, and its second floor sits just above the water level, its marble heroes caked with moss and mud. The third floor is partially collapsed, exposing its rooms to the sky above. A wooden walkway has been lashed together around the building's perimeter, and a floating bridge leads to a nearby low ruin surrounded by a wooden fence. Two flights of wooden stairs lead up along the facade to the ruined roof above. A great two headed giant appears to be looking over the edge into the water.

Rhest Town Hall

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42

Any circumstnace bonus for having camouflaged boats?? :-)

DMHW: on the map, what is the building to the south, "connected" to the main building on the map, is that the ruin you mentioned? Does it appear to be occupied? Where is the bell tower relative to this--I thought it'd be in the same building as the ettin, is that true?

*whispered* How's this for an idea. Tirion and I get in one boat and approach the giant from the southern building (around K44). We can do the prisoner/captor gambit, with him using his neat black skin and creepy powers to make the ettin think he's got me as a prisoner--the one who stabbed all those lizards and dropped the bell, which will be true!! This should give the rest of you enough distraction to quickly row to the other side--the north end of the dock--and get out. Once you land, Mantooth and I can provide each other with a flank; Tirion, Thordak, Trellara, and Edvard can either help us take the giant down, or cover us against the inevitable attack from the hobgoblins inside. We try to preserve our resources, though, until the dragon shows up--then we let him have it.
.
Whadaya think?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Ye think that bugger's smart enough te understand that trick? They prob'ly just told him te smash anythin' that comes near... Thordak says, paddling as quiet as a mouse.

Stealth:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Whisper: If we stay behind this building, I can use a few spells and greatly weaken that beast from a distance. Combined with a few shots by Thordak, we might be able to take it out before it knows what hit it and we will avoid those big clubs it has.

Plan: Cast Spectral Hand with the Rod of Reach - range 640'

Cast Haste on everyone.

Cast a few Shocking Grasps while Thordak unloads with his crossbow and anyone else who can uses ranged attacks with Haste.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Aye, Oi bet Oi could shoot him from on top o' this building...

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Mmm, I think you probably don't want to be stuck on the building--or at least, I certainly don't. Maybe you would be better off standing your ground.
.
OK, I'm willing to take a risk and get onto that walkway, but that means I'll need one of these boats. Luckily enough, I've got an extra!

I pull out the Folding boat, ready to give the command for it to open up.

Three can fit in this easily, so Tirion and two others can share this, while I take one of the elven boats. I'll sneak over while you guys fire away, then I'll stab him in the butt. heck, mabye I can hold off some of the reinforcements to boot!
.
Shall I???
I indicate the Folding Boat


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

If my plan is accepted, I cast Spectral Hand using the Rod of Reach which should make it's range long (640').
Next when we are all in position, I will cast Haste on everyone and then all at the same time, we will launch our attack and hopefully get a surprise round and beat him on the init in the first round.

If so:

Attack: Shocking Grasp-ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 <-- +3 if using metal weapon or armor.
Damage-electric:5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 1, 5) = 21

Confirm Crit-ranged touch:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 <-- +3 if using metal weapon or armor.
Crit Damage-electric:5d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4, 5) = 17


Dungeon Master

DM Screen:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Bofus wrote:
Any circumstance bonus for having camouflaged boats?? :-)

We'll see, but two heads are better than one!

Bofus wrote:
DMHW: on the map, what is the building to the south, "connected" to the main building on the map, is that the ruin you mentioned? Does it appear to be occupied?

A one-story building once stood there, but now its flat roof has almost entirely collapsed. A section to the east remains intact, forming a narrow and mossy platform above the water. The remaining walls stand about a half foot above the water level, creating an L-shaped enclosure. The entire area has been reinforced with a fence of logs and branches lashed together with ropes, extending the ruined walls of the building up by another ten feet. There appears to be a gate in the northeast corner, near a floating bridge that leads back to the boardwalk that surrounds the Town Hall.

Bofus wrote:
Where is the bell tower relative to this--I thought it'd be in the same building as the ettin, is that true?

The bell tower is about five hundred feet to to the south east. Please see the map below. As you can see, there are many submerged buildings with just roofs exposed in the ancient city of Rhest. The buildings you see on the Rhest Town Hall Map are two such buildings. They are large enough that you can take cover behind them or perhaps climb up onto a roof, but there is no way to climb into them. Below is the map of the Ruins. I have labelled the three buildings you are aware of. The Rhestilar Inn, where you hid for a while, the Clock Tower, where you dismantled the bell, and the Rhest Town Hall which is guarded by a two headed creature.

The Ruins of Rhest

You are in your boats. Please give me coordinates indicating where you paddle.

Rhest Town Hall

Tirion:

Very nice rolls, but why do you say if? Do you want me to execute it or not? Please tell me your actions with conviction. At the moment the if stills seems to be in question.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

"Bofus, I'm not entirely keen on you going over there alone. Especially if reinforcements come. I'd like to be in a position to hop in front of him either immediately before or right after you take your back stab."

The rowing motion while Mantooth is in his armor causes his plates to rub together in a way that might be mistaken for a rusty iron door opening and closing repeatedly.

Stealth 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (9) - 4 = 5


Not in use

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Edvard tries with varying success to still the sound of his rowing as Bofus and he draw up behind a screening building. Behind H,35 corner of building. Hissing to Bofus he advises "I will take to the air" as he draws in his focus and feels the lightness of the pumice infuse his form. Conferring with Tirion he weighs and measures the plan before nodding his assent.

The party then begins their hurried preparation and Edvard smells the scent of arcane energy on the air...

Round 1: Tirion Spectral Hand, Thordak moves onto roof, Edvard steps onto roof, Trellara holds the other two boats steady, Mantooth moves to Bofus boat and lays flat and still
Round 2: Tirion Haste, Edvard Flight Hex, Thordak readies for a snipe, Bofus paddles off with Mantooth trying to not do a rusty gate impersonation.
Round 3: All hell breaks loose: Thordak snipes, Tirion shockings, Bofus paddles and Edvard also acts

Can we get a confirmation that this is an acceptable plan so that DM HW can confirm our round 1 and 2 actions - and then we can goto quasi initiative for Round 3?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

I might just snipe from the boat...


Not in use

Do or do not, there is no might... As in DMHW wants confirmed actions :P
Up to you Thordak - but I'd suggest sniping from a fixed immovable location might be a tad easier than from a moving boat that someone else is going to need to control. Plus added risk of being seen.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'm down with Ed's plan.

Round 1: get Mantooth in my boat, paddle out to no more than 30' from Tirion so we're under the effects of Haste. To -D 48 or thereabouts.

Round 2: Paddle south, with the intent of circling the southern building. The hope being that Edvard, Tirion, and Thordak will keep the giant's attention long enough that we can close unnoticed.

Round 3: paddle directly to the town hall so Mantooth can get out. Then I'll maneuver to flank the giant.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Yup - as per Edvard's plan, which is mine with more detail.

Round 1 & 2 should be pre-combat I would think. "Round 3" should be a Surprise Round unless the ettin notices us from the distance. We did not roll great, but there should be a pretty good negative on his perception for the distance.


Dungeon Master

I think I understand your plan, but I will need a few checks here.

I need an acrobatics check (DC 10) from Mantooth to switch into Bofus' boat.
I need a climb check (DC 10) from Edvard and Thordak to climb onto the roof of the building. A retry will be allowed for a failed attempt, but I will then require an extra stealth check.

Once I receive those, I will proceed with the rest of your plan.

Tirion casts Spectral Hand. He temporarily loses 1d4 ⇒ 3 hit points. This will return when the spell expires. Next, Tirion casts Haste upon all of you.

Rhest Town Hall

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Can I aid Mantooth for an extra +2 since it's my boat he's getting into? (I can't fail an aid check) Provide a steadying hand and what not?


Not in use

Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 Slight waste of a 20 :P

Edvard manages the transition from boat to roof with relative ease. He then crouches to bring forth the lightness of air while Tirion lends alacrity to his movements.

Move to G,36


Dungeon Master

Bofus, You may give an acrobatics check to assist.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Setting down the oars of the boat he is currently in, Mantooth slowly stands before half stepping and half falling into Bofus's boat.

Acrobatics 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

"I apologize - this is not exactly my preferred terrain."

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, you made it at least. Now you stay down, and I'll paddle. You sound like a foundry!

I'll start to paddle south a few (no more than 30) feet, to make usre we're in range of Tirion's Haste spell.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak jumps and grabs hold of the building, climbing up quickly desptite his stocky limbs.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

He then crawls on his belly up to the edge of the roof to take up position.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Move over Tirion! I'm not staying here in a boat all by myself. I'm going with you."

Trellara ties up her boat against the building and leaves it for Thordak and then climbs into Tirion's boat.

Acrobatics Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Stop rocking the boat you crazy gnome!"

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Trellara remains absolutely silent as she hangs precariously between the two boats. Finally she tries again to board the sorcerer's boat.

Acrobatics Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

At last she pulls herself into the boat safely.

"Phew! That was close!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion just shakes his head at his new shipmate. Welcome, now for the fun.

Trellara slides the boat forward to where she can shoot her bow and I can begin to cast.

My actions are posted above figuring that this would have started sooner, sorry.


Dungeon Master

Round 1

• Tirion casts Spectral Hand.
• Thordak moves onto roof.
• Edvard steps onto roof.
• Trellara holds the other two boats steady.
• Mantooth moves to Bofus' boat and lays flat and still.

Round 2:

• Tirion casts Haste.
• Edvard uses his Flight Hex.
• Thordak readies to fire his crossbow.
• Bofus paddles off with Mantooth relatively quietly.
• Trellara climbs into Tirion's boat.

Initiative:

Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Edvard’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Tirion’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Trellara’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

DM Screen:

Ettin's Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Round 3 (Still a Surprise Round)

The round all hell breaks loose.

• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Bofus (unresolved)
• Edvard (unresolved)
• Thordak (unresolved)
• Trellara (unresolved)
• Tirion (unresolved)

The Rhest Town Hall

Tirion:
I am still prepared to use your rolls when you are ready, but you are probably not in a position to cast shocking grasp from behind the building. Tell me where you go to cast it. Trellara will steer the boat if you like.

Please note that the Luvatar movement in water is 20 when paddled alone. 30 if paddled by two.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

As early as I can in round 3, unfortunately the ettin beat us, so for round 4, it will be early and may well beat all of us unless the distance modifiers make it not see us with those ridiculous rolls you made.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 3

Mantooth stays down. I'll paddle--under the effects of Haste, so to what extent does that increase our movement??--trusting to my friends to provide a distraction to cover our approach. I'm trying to go south (to 41 H) so we're between the southern building and the ettin, hoping that the mass of the building might give us something to "hide in front of" if you get my meaning. Then I'll turn striaght toward the walkway, due west.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 <--I figure my Cloak doesn't help much since I"m trying to keep the entire boat inconspicuous.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 2 Slight recon:
Thordak readies to fire his crossbow and taps it once with his wand of Gravity Bow.

Round 3

Thordak fires off a series of rapid and deadly shots, aiming alternately at each head of the giant abomination.

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
Damage:2d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 + 2 = 9

Take that!

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Damage:2d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 + 2 = 18

An' that!

Crossbow:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
Damage:2d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 + 2 = 11

Crit:1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24
Damage:2d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 + 2 = 16

An' that!

=> 54 damage if they all hit!

DMHW: Thordak has +5 initiative in urban settings and underground from dwarf and ranger bonuses.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW - Thordak's crit confirm should probably be 5 lower, he used the +9 instead of the +4 as it was a second shot.


Not in use

Round 3:
Flight Hex 2/10 of 1st minute
Haste Round 2/6
Ablative Barrier: 30/30 HP

Jaw set with brazen intent Edvard lifts from his position on the roof and soars parallel to the ettin's position with staff in hand. Standing vertical in the air despite the speed at which he is travelling, his cloak whips back behind him as he flies. He keeps a wary eye on the beast and prepares to surge towards it if his companions fail to fell it quickly.

Move Action: Move to K,36
Standard Action: Total defense to boost AC to 18 (12 base + 2 Ablative Barrier +4 Total Defense)


Dungeon Master

Round 3

• Mantooth remains hidden in the boat, trying to stay as silent as possible.
• Bofus paddles the boat south and turns in towards the town hall.
• Edvard lifts up into the air in a spectacular image and soars south with his staff in hand, and cloak whipping wildly behind him.
• Thordak lets loose three bolts hitting each time, delivering a deadly amount of damage.
• Trellara paddles the elven Luvatar out to -H28.
• Tirion casts Shocking Grasp using his Spectral Hand and Rod of Reach to deliver and arcane shock to the Ettin.

The two headed giant lies dead before it had a chance to react.

Rhest Town Hall

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Holy . . . wow, Thordak, nice shooting!! You ain't kidding around, are ya?? OK mantooth, now why don't you sit up and help me paddle now. lets go get to that town hall!

We both paddle straightaway to the town hall, speedywise.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Har! Thordak says, punching the sky. He climbs down to the boat and starts paddling over alone as best he can in the strange Lover-Tar...

To the docks!


Not in use

Edvard streaks through the sky to alight atop the two headed giant's corpse and casts eyes towards the town hall...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Single move action to atop the giant, then total defence again if we are still in combat initiative.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Trelalalala and I will paddle behind Bofus and Mantooth.


Dungeon Master

You approach what must have been an impressive stone structure that now lies half-submerged in the lake. Its facade still displays majestic heroes bearing heraldic lion devices and armed with swords, spears, and bows, their countenances carved into marble pillars. The building's ground floor in now completely submerged, and its second floor sits just above the water level, its marble heroes caked with moss and mud. The third floor is partially collapsed, exposing its rooms to the sky above. A wooden walkway has been lashed together around the building's perimeter, and a floating bridge leads to a nearby low ruin surrounded by a wooden fence. Two flights of wooden stairs lead up along the facade to the ruined roof above. A great two headed giant lies dead on the boardwalk.

Rhest Town Hall


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak climbs to the safety of the dock and pants.
Tralala! Wot were ye doin' leavin' me all alone in tha Lover-Tar with nobody but tha flyin' swamp-human te keep me company!

He stomps over angrily to the dead giant and relieves it of anything valuable before rolling it off into the water(or attempting to).


Not in use

Flashing the boisterous dwarf a dark look and gesturing with a finger to lips that silence may yet be considered golden, Edvard awaits the arrival of Bofus so that he might plumb the depths of the Town Hall with discretion and ascertain what still dwells within...

DMHW - I'm assuming that Edvard's flight hex ran out the full minute?

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW, knidly refresh my memory--this is where we thought the dragon came from, correct? Or did we not get a close enough look when he emerged to tell?

6,751 to 6,800 of 10,642 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.