Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,651 to 6,700 of 10,357 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Mantooth wrote:
"Was any effort made to replace the dam and try to recover the city?"

"Sir Longbrow, I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but from what I understand, no. I think after nearly three hundred years of Rhestilar's glory, a combination of corruption, treachery and civil strife weakened the kingdom to such an extent that it was unable to withstand the horde and ever recover from that tragic day. The goblins were just too strong and the people of Rhestilar were just too scattered. Even now, years later, the lizardfolk and the goblinoids still have a strong presence over this entire region. We elves only manage to survive because of our great hunters and good defenses."

Trellara pauses for a moment in thought. Then she continues, "Thinking about goblinoids does make me wonder if Brindol will fare any better than Rhest when it comes to fighting off a horde!"

"So where do you come from, Sir Longbrow? Are you from Brindol yourself?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

OK, folks. I'm clearly the best equipped to skulk around and get a good lay of the land--er, marsh--see what's what, maybe find out a few secrets. And, with any luck, I'll find that bell and disable it too. If no one objects, I'll head out right now for some recon while you all sit tight and stay hidden. Sound good?
.
I think I'll try a simple perimeter to get an overview of the concentration of forces, then chekc back in here. Then I'll go for that bell. Objections?

DMHW:
Two things.
1) I know from gaming experiece that a black dragon can turn any potions brackish and useless with a thought. Does Tirion know this??

2) I'd be OK with doing my recon NOT under spoilers, simply to avoid completely excluding folks--unless something important (like capture--YEAH RIGHT!!!) happens. I'll follow your lead on that one; if you'd prefer to keep spoilers, that's fine with me, but equally fine if you don't.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:
1) Tirion is not aware of that fact. I gave him a list of what he does know in my last post to him, but I do not think that is one of them.

2) I am happy to do either spoilers or not, but my biggest concern is how do you get anywhere. Are you in a boat? Are you swimming in this lake? Do you have any backup nearby? Bofus is a remarkable character, but I know that if he gets into water that's over his head, he is going to need support! I need not tell you that this is an extremely dangerous place!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I guess I underestimated the amount of water that's in this place. Thought it would be mucky, but navigable. Meh.

Hmmm . . . I need to be able to get from place to place through, or over, this water. I'm not a strong swimmer--and that dragon would pluck me out of the muck like a tasty little tadpole before I could say "hey, don't eat me!" I could use a boat, but that's bulky and not portable. Anyone have any ideas how I might get around? Are there any pieces of floatsom we can see that I could use as a makeshift raft . . . um . . .


Not in use

Edvard follows along, but is uneasy with any talk that suggests they stay overlong in one place "We should act with haste or flee... to linger is to invite risk of notice or worse. While we may hide... the boats will prove more troublesome."

"Despite your faith in your abilities Master Bofus... I think it will be difficult to scout much beyond nearby as the waters will make it hard to move... and it will take but one false step to rouse the entire nest to act against us... but if you must I have a way that might speed your movements. Combined with Tirion's skill at stealing you from the sight of others it would much speed your movement and minimise the risk of your being seen."

He then waits for a sign of affirmation from the halfling before preparing his focus.

Suggesting that Edvard puts flight on Bofus, then Tirion invisibilizes him. That way he can whip around quick and get a real good look at what is going on.

Edit: sniped by Bofus :P

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ha! snipe!!!

So, you can make me fly?? Cool! And between that and being invisible, I shoudl be able to shut down that bell with relative ease. So the quesiton is . . . which is more important? Doing some serious recon and striking tomorrow, or just taking out that bell and striking somewhere today???


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I can make you invisible. But remember, it only lasts for a few minutes, about six is all that I can make you invisible for. So, if it is going to take longer than that amount of time to disable the bell, get your tail back here. Also, I can only communicate via these whispers for a little more than 100 feet, so we likely will not be able to communicate.

@DM Harpwizard - I am not sure whether my Rod of Reach would work on Message. If it does, the range would be extended from 160' to 640'.

I cast Invisibility - 6 minutes - on Bofus and use my Rod of Reach Spell and cast Message (if allowed)


Dungeon Master

Tirion:

Can you give me information on your Rod of Reach? Does it have unlimited charges? Does it affect any spell? Do you have a three limit of three spells per day? I have been reading a number of sites, but I guess I am still not clear about this item.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

DMHW:

Rod of Reach Spell

Metamagic, Reach
Aura strong (no school); CL 17th

Slot none; Price 3,000 gp (lesser), 11,000 gp (normal), 24,500 gp (greater); Weight 5 lbs.

Description
The wielder can cast up to three spells per day with a one-step increase in their range category (such as from close to medium, or medium to long) as though using the Reach Spell feat.

Construction Requirements
Craft Rod, Reach Spell; Cost 1,500 gp (lesser), 5,500 gp (normal), 12,250 gp (greater)

I have the lowest cost one (Lesser) which allows Level 1-3 spells. It does not say specifically Cantrips, but I assume you can use a higher level power for a lower level spell - just as I could cast Invisibility with one of my level 3 slots if I wanted.

As shown below, the ranges are Touch/Close/Medium/Long. With the Reach Spell Metamagic Feat (which is what the Rod of Reach duplicates 3 times per day), you increase by one. Thus, a Shocking Grasp Spell (Touch) increases to Close (range 25'+5'/2 levels. In my case, Message has a range of Medium (100'+10'/level). Using the Rod of Reach (Metamagic Reach), I am hoping to be able to increase the range from Medium to Long (400'+40'/level).

Range

A spell's range indicates how far from you it can reach, as defined in the range entry of the spell description. a spell's range is the maximum distance from you that the spell's effect can occur, as well as the maximum distance at which you can designate the spell's point of origin. If any portion of the spell's area would extend beyond this range, that area is wasted. Standard ranges include the following.

Personal
The spell affects only you.

Touch
You must touch a creature or object to affect it. A touch spell that deals damage can score a critical hit just as a weapon can. A touch spell threatens a critical hit on a natural roll of 20 and deals double damage on a successful critical hit. Some touch spells allow you to touch multiple targets. You can touch up to 6 willing targets as part of the casting, but all targets of the spell must be touched in the same round that you finish casting the spell. If the spell allows you to touch targets over multiple rounds, touching 6 creatures is a full-round action.

Close
The spell reaches as far as 25 feet away from you. The maximum range increases by 5 feet for every two full caster levels.

Medium
The spell reaches as far as 100 feet + 10 feet per caster level.

Long
The spell reaches as far as 400 feet + 40 feet per caster level.

Unlimited
The spell reaches anywhere on the same plane of existence.

Range Expressed in Feet

Some spells have no standard range category, just a range expressed in feet.


Not in use

Edvard calls upon his focus, sending it through the pumice stone he holds against Bofus' shoulder. After a few moments, Bofus feels his form grow light and weightless. Through application of mental force he can will it to move. Edvard cautions "If you have not flown before, I would caution you to not try any elaborate movements... they take time to master."

6 minutes of flight speed 60ft, good maneuverability.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

C-oooooolll!!! Thanks--I'll make good use of this! Tirion, you gonna hit me too?

as soon as he does, i'll head straght for where we think the bell is.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

5 posts up. Waiting on DMHW's ruling on using the Rod of Reach Spell on the Message Spell to give it a 640' range.


Dungeon Master

Tirion:

I will let it affect message. Certainly if it can affect a 1st level spell then certainly a cantrip will be fine.

@Bofus

Quickly, you fly over the surface of the water toward the center of the lake. The stone building, obviously an old bell tower, protrudes from the lake at a slant, reaching a height of thirty feet above the surface of the water. Eroded images of dozens of lions- stalking, sleeping, and pouncing - adorn its sides. A ricketty-looking wooden platform has been build around the tower's circumference at water level, with three small skiffs docked alongside. It appears that the tower is three stories tall, but only its upper two floors remain above the water.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

@ DMHW - Can we figure out how deep the water is around the buildings? Is it 10 feet or 30 feet?


Dungeon Master

I am sure you will think of something, but the water is very dark, nearly black, in color and it is impossible to actually see how deep it is.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

As Bofus flies off: Trellara, do you know how deep the water is here?

If she does not know, I will find something solid - a rock or brick or piece of masonry - and tie it to a rope and then carefully lower it into the water near the boats to see if we can figure out the depth of the water.

I am interested as black dragons are very good swimmers and I would like to make sure we stay in places where it will be difficult for it to sneak up on us from underwater.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

First thing is I'll find that bell. See whether it's guarded, that sort of thing. Then, determine how it makes its sound--clapper, or hammer. This way I'm hoping to determine how tough it's going to be to disable it--whether the clapper can be removed, or if I hvae to muffle it from teh inside or something.


Dungeon Master

Sorry for the delay. Maps seem to slow me down.

@Bofus

You fly towards the Bell Tower and you clearly see, a few Hobgoblins on the makeshift boardwalk around the outside of the tower. There are windows in the side of the tower on each side that you could access the inside of the tower through. You also see four hobgoblins at the top of the slanted tower where the bell is suspended from a great chain.

Please let me know where you choose to land. Boardwalk? Window halfway up the tower entering on the inner stairs? The top of the tower where four hobgoblins stand guard?

Bell Tower

Please note on the map I created, the right hand tower is actually a cut away of the top of the bell tower. It is actually not beside the tower. I simply put both levels on the same map for ease of access.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Tirion wrote:
"Trellara, do you know how deep the water is here?"

"I have no idea, Master Tirion. It looks rather deep. From looking at those building I would say the water level appears up to the second floor. Perhaps it is about fifteen feet deep. Maybe more in parts. I hope you are not planning to swim in the water with a Black Dragon lurking in it?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

oooohhhh . . . the bell is suspended by a great chain?!?! Hmmm, definite possibilities there.

OK, I want to simply go straight to the bell. I infer that flying through one of the windows? I want to examine the bell and see how it's struck/sounded. I think my chioces are going to be
1) silnce it
2) destroy it

I think option 2 is better, but riskier for me now. I'll take a close look, with the EoD.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 23 + 20 = 63
Perception:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:


Stealth: 20 + 23 + 20 = 63

Good grief, you could sneak directly in front of the dragon and steal his loot with that roll.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Trellara Nightshadow wrote:
"So where do you come from, Sir Longbrow? Are you from Brindol yourself?"

"If Iomedae is with us, the Brindol will not see the same fate that Rhest did. I was knighted under Lord Jarmaath in Brindol, but I actually hail from the small town southeast of Brindol called Prosser. I think it is relatively safe for the time being, but I know that should Brindol fall there will be no reason for the horde not to burn it down."


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

You reach the top level of the tower where four hobgoblin guards stand watching out over the entire region. The great bell is in the middle of the tower suspended from a chain wrapped around a beam near the roof. The clapper is missing as it is, but you are certain that it would still make a noise if anything else was hit against it.

Bell Tower

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Tirion Jörðhár wrote:
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:


Stealth: 20+23+20

Good grief, you could sneak directly in front of the dragon and steal his loot with that roll.

hehehe invisibility = +20 on stealth, w00t!!

I think my only choice is going to be to get the bell to fall. I'll go for a Disable Device check. My target will be either the bell where it's attached to the chain, the chain holding the bell, or the beam holding the chain. I want to weaken one aspect--there *ought* to be *something* rusty enough to wreck, I'd think!

I've got rags, so I can muffle sounds that way. And the Haversack will make whatever I want, appear on top, so I don't have to waste time rifling through invisible items to find them.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 <--I forgot this was supposed to be in secret. My intention is "sabotage" so the bell simply falls into the muck!
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 23 + 20 = 44

If I think there's any time on my invisibili-fly, I'll then scope out the place a bit, looking specifically for dragon sighn--since this beastie can swim and breathe underwater, I doubt I'll find anything useful, but maybe there's a larger trail somewhere . . .


Dungeon Master

DM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

@Bofus

You fly up to the beam near the roof where you begin disabling a mechanism to allow the chain supporting the near five hundred pound bell to fall. The hobgoblins do not give any indication that they notice you. As you are up on the beam, you can clearly see about a 100 feet down to the bottom of the tower. Although stairs spiral around throughout the inside of this tower, the bottom is actually a small makeshift barrack with five bunk beds pushed up against the side of the walls. A rickety wooden table and four chairs round out the room's cramped furnishings. A long dagger has been thrust up through the table from below, its thin blade protruding from the table's center. No less than three dead frogs are impaled on the blade. Two hobgoblins appear to be sitting at the table playing a barbaric game with some frogs and the dagger blade in the table. When this great bell falls, you realize that it will not be into muck, or water, but straight onto this exciting frog game on the table in the middle of the barracks!

Do you wish to proceed?

Bell Tower

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh, hells yeah!! The more collateral damage, the better!! If it's not too late, I'd like to try to minimize the trace of sabotage I leave behind.

but definitely proceed.

Once the deed is done, I'll try to estimate how much time I've got left on the spells, and use what I've got--either head straigth back, or scope out a bit if I think I've got a few moments.


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

With your tools, you manage to disable one of the links supporting the chain and the bell. Three minutes later, the great bell falls from the tower and crashes to the floor of the bell tower with a great ring! The two hobgoblin are crushed under its enormous weight! A few on the boardwalk fall into the dark water. With just a few minutes remaining of the invisibility spell, you fly off of the tower, leaving it in mayhem, and return to the others in the attic of the old inn.

Bofus, I will need another stealth check with your invisibility to return to the others.

DM Screen:

Regiarix Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Saarvith Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Regiarix Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

@Everyone else

You can all hear a loud ring across the lake as the sound of a bell crashes down to the ground. Then as it is muffled, all is quiet again.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Mantooth wrote:
"If Iomedae is with us, the Brindol will not see the same fate that Rhest did. I was knighted under Lord Jarmaath in Brindol, but I actually hail from the small town southeast of Brindol called Prosser. I think it is relatively safe for the time being, but I know that should Brindol fall there will be no reason for the horde not to burn it down."

"You were knighted by Lord Jarmaath? Isn't he the high lord of all of the Elsir Vale? Well, I know that elves would not pay him allegiance, but he must be a very important man for your people."

DMHW wrote:
You can all hear a loud ring across the lake as the sound of a bell crashes down to the ground. Then as it is muffled, all is quiet again.

"By Desna's own Starknife, what was that?! Do you think Bofus is alright? I hope that has not given us away!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak peers out over the lake, his crossbow at the ready.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sounded to me like the warning bell has been disabled. The question is whether our little friend got himself caught. Not much time left on those spells.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I head back to the hiding place, keeping an eye out for pursuit . . .

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Once I park . .

Yeah, sorry about the noise. The only way I could prevent the bell from ringing was to drop the sucker. I accidentally dropped it on a couple of hobgoblins, though, I hope I can sleep through the night, what with the guilt!! They had a ringing headache--but only for a hsort time. I know the last thing that went through their minds, though--A QUARTER TON BELL!!
.
OK, so the bell is dsiabled. With any luck, they won't discern sabotage, but I can't guarantee that. I didn't have time to do any more proper recon. How do you guys wnat ot handle the next steps??


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Bofus, DMHW wanted a stealth check.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

whup, you're right!!

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 23 + 20 = 60


DM Screen:

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Perception DC 15:

A large black dragon is seen flying around the bell tower. Suddenly it lands on the roof of the tower and scouts the surrounding area for threats.

Perception DC 20:

The large black dragon appears to have come from the central building (#3 on the map of Rhest). Upon the dragon's back is a small wretched goblin wielding a composite bow with an evil looking arrow notched upon its string.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Uh, guys--there's the dragon--with a wee little goblin and a bow bigger than he is! I think they might be a little miffed their nice little bell has turned their tower to tinder. Hehehe. And the dragon came from that building over there . . . I point to the middle building, #3


Not in use

DMHW - how far distant are we in feet?


Dungeon Master

You are about 500 feet away from both the clock tower (#2) and the town hall (#3).

Ruins of Rhest


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Whisper: We wait for the dragon to go back in its hole. Depends on how good a job Bofus did, but they might just think that it was an accident.


Not in use

"If only they should be so unwise..." hoping that the foe is indeed as easily fooled... but fearing the worst regardless. Edvard kisses his ring and concentrates for a few moments - calling upon a skin of intangible force.

Cast ablative barrier from bonded ring.


Dungeon Master

You are currently in an attic space of an old Inn in Rhest. Please let me know your plans. Do any of you keep watch? If so, I will need a Stealth Check.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Oh Great Dreamer, protect us! Did you see that black dragon and that hideous little beast riding upon it?! I want it killed, but I'm not sure how to even start! I know you folks are brave and all, but I am starting to see why Sellyria does not send our hunters in. It would simply be a suicide run! What hope do we have against such wretched evil? What are we suppose to do now?!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Calm yourself, Trellara!! We have gained much here today. We've discovered the most likely place for the dragon's lair, and we've disabled their main signalling capability. We have a better idea of what kind of creature we're dealing with--yes, it's big and very frightening, but it's no Great Wyrm. We are going to use our brains to augment our strength, and figure out how to deal with this scourge!

I pause and think for a few moments, watching the action of the wrecked bell unfold. What do you all think? Maybe we should strike at the hobgoblins tomorrow, take out as many as we can, before the dragon shows up? Since their signal is gone, it will be harder to get the lizard's attention, no? We could do some real damage before having to deal with the main threat.
.
Or, we could try to get to the lair, dealing with the dragon directly, before the rest of this force--but I think that will be a fool's errand. I mean, I seriously doubt that even I could sneak up on that thing on its home turf, and as soon as we set foot in its waters, all it will have to do is grab us and hold us under.
.
Now, when it comes to the actual fight, I'm going to be *much* better at taking on the smaller guys, sneaking around--maybe even using our healing items to keep you all as patched up as I can. But I'm not sure I'm going to be able to have much of an effect on that dragon directly!

DMHW--what kind of activity is going on now? I imagine the bell falling created *quite* a brouhaha, so pretty much anyone in this area would have heard it, no? How many lizardmen and hobgoblins are sticking their heads out, rubbernecking to see what the kerfuffle is about?


Dungeon Master

There is no evidence of lizardfolk, but there are some hobgoblins running about back and forth in boats between the town hall and the bell tower. You also notice a two headed giant standing guard outside of the town hall now.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I imagine that the dragon will figure we are attacking at dawn and will be prepared. Perhaps we should do it earlier. The problem is that Mantooth cannot see in the dark like the rest of us. And he needs to be at his best as it is his sword that brought down the green at the bridge.

What magic and abilities do you posses Trellara? Are you good with the bow, or your rapier? Can you make us stronger or harder to find?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh, I can't see in the dark either. Wish I could.


Not in use

"The fall of the bell will have brought them to attention and to act now would be against their awakened defenses. We should hold our breath for at least a time to see how events unfold."


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Tirion wrote:
"What magic and abilities do you posses Trellara? Are you good with the bow, or your rapier? Can you make us stronger or harder to find?"

"Well, I'm not really very good at much, but I have a strong desire to do something great. I've shot a bow before, but I'm not very good at it. I may be able to inspire you with a song. Sometimes my music gets a lot of attention and is appreciated by others. I think Desna has always wanted me to sing. However, please don't ask me to try and hide you. I wouldn't trust my powers to do that."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Well if yer gonna be singin' Oi may as well just call ye Tralala! Har! Oi'll tell ye wot: if we get outta here alive, Oi'll make ye a nice axe an' teach ye to swing it!

Aye, Ed's right. We should let 'em cool down an' make 'em think it was an accident. Let's jes lay low fer a bit...


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)
Thordak wrote:
"Oi'll tell ye wot: if we get outta here alive, Oi'll make ye a nice axe an' teach ye to swing it!"

"You can't possibly think that I will be able to lug a big axe like that around do you? No, I have a rapier that will serve me much better. It may not be as big as your axe, but it much more elegant and it still has a sharp little bite of its own. I just need to practice using it a bit more!"


Dungeon Master

If you guys want me to advance until night time, just let me know what you do in the meantime and what time you want me to advance you to. Have you decided upon having any guards? These are all good things to ask each other in character. As I mentioned earlier, I will need a stealth check (to avoid be seen by patrols) from anyone who stays on watch out by the window. You can instead stay away from the window, but you will not know what is going on outside.

6,651 to 6,700 of 10,357 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.