Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,501 to 6,550 of 10,469 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>

Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"Please think of what I have said. If we are successful, then this threat will be eliminated and your home will need far less protection. If we are unsuccessful, then you have far more to worry about and I would think that working with the humans, dwarves, and even forest giants that we have united to this point, would be in your best interest. Failing to do so is only to await your demise once the horde turns its destruction this direction."

Sellyria smiles gently and replies patiently.

"You are a very persuasive negotiator, dark gnome. You are a credit to your race. I will consider what you have said, but I will not make my decision yet. In the meantime, I renew my offer to invite you to use this place as a base for your exploits into Rhest. May Desna guide you in your quest, for indeed your actions will have ramifications far beyond elves, humans, halflings, gnomes, and dwarves! If there is anything else that I may do for you and your friends, please let me know."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:
"An elven woman just requested that you and I meet her in the Hall of Ancestors. Shall we tell the others where we are going?"

yeah, she already asked me to talk to her after the celebration was over. Let's not spook her--best to go right now, and fill the others in after, I think . . .


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I accept your offer, and your boats will be invaluable. But, remember the risk you are putting yourself in. If we are tracked back here, you and your village will be at risk. Are you willing to accept this risk. The only other help that I foresee is potentially requiring healing if our fights are less than perfect. Rarely do we emerge from combat unscathed. We are yet to lose any members of our team, but the wounds have been deep and painful on more than one occasion.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@Bofus and Mantooth:

You enter the hall of ancestors and the familiar young elf approaches you with a faint smile on her lips. Here eyes are red and it is obvious that she has been crying.

"Thank you for coming. Please come in, and tell me your names once again. I am Trellara Nightshadow. My brother, Lanikar, was killed by that evil Harrowblade you slew. With him gone, my life is painfully empty!"

Trellara sits and holds her face in her hands as tears stream from her eyes as she tries to calm herself.

"The ache and the pain within me is like a knife ripping out my heart. I just don't get it. His death was so meaningless. There are simply no words to describe this feeling. It is just that he was so kind and his death was so pointless, and the Red Hand are so unspeakably cruel and callous. I swear that I will avenge my brother and destroy all of the filthy dragonspawn that infest my homeland!"

Trellara pauses for a moment longer.

"However, I cannot do it alone. I need help. You are clearly brave and strong and you are not afraid to face the enemy straight on. Please, can I accompany you to Rhest and help you fight the Red Hand?"


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"I accept your offer, and your boats will be invaluable. But, remember the risk you are putting yourself in. If we are tracked back here, you and your village will be at risk. Are you willing to accept this risk."

"As the speaker for the Tiri Kitor, I will tell you that I accept risk every day and I weigh my decisions carefully. The choices that I make are for the good of my tribe. Like I said, I will freely give all that I am able. The sacrifice you make is most noble and we would all greatly benefit from the destruction of the Wyrmlord and his Black Dragon. I am sorry that I cannot spare any of my warriors or owls, but as you know, they will be needed to defend Starsong Hill. However, I would be willing to take the risk of supporting you and your friends in this brave attack into the heart of ancient Rhest. We will also aid by hiding your tracks and removing evidence of your presence as much as we can. They have not found Starsong Hill as of yet, but I know that it will only be a matter of time. Please, leave with my blessings!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW & Mantooth:
I'm clearly surprised by this development, and am a bit dumbstruck.

*blink* Uh, well, that is, uh, an interesting proposal, my dear! I, uh, certainly would not want to keep someone away from righteous vengeance. But I would also not want to be responsible for more tragedy in the Nightshadow family. Not to mention angering the new friends we have just made by encouraging a brash maiden to throw herself into the jaws of death over her grief! Uh . . .


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I thank the speaker for her time and then head out to find the others.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@Bofus and Mantooth:

Bofus wrote:
"Uh, well, that is, uh, an interesting proposal, my dear! I, uh, certainly would not want to keep someone away from righteous vengeance. But I would also not want to be responsible for more tragedy in the Nightshadow family. Not to mention angering the new friends we have just made by encouraging a brash maiden to throw herself into the jaws of death over her grief! Uh . . .

"Please, Master Bofus, and Master Mantooth! I am an able elf and swear that I will not be a burden to you! I know that Sellyria would not approve of my decision, but there is nothing left for me here. This is the only decision that makes sense to me. I cannot go back to my work here in the Hall of the Ancestors until I have found peace again within my heart, and I don't think that will happen until I've ripped out the heart of a dragon!"


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

DMHW & Bofus:

Mantooth lets out a slight sigh before beginning to speak with in a serious tone. "Your desire to seek vengeance for your brother's death is not unreasonable. I myself ended up where I am now because of the death of a very close friend of mine at the hands of a necromancer when I was younger. Even though I was already training to be a paladin, my desire to put an end to the wicked ways of evil beings in the Vale propelled me out of my town and into the Vale.

Trellara, as I told you earlier I draw my power from the light of Iomedae. I have not met a paladin of Desna in my travels but there should be no reason why, if that is the goddess you worship, that she cannot imbue you with her own holy power."

Mantooth pauses for a moment, and then continues. " I cannot be the one that tells you not to leave and do what you feel is right, but I must tell you that right now your people need you now more than ever. With more dragonspawn lurking in the marsh, I advise you to seek solace in knowing that you are with your people. When we leave to put a stop to these fiends from being created, we cannot hope to try to stop some from escaping. Your brother died protecting Starsong Hill, you, and your people. Ask yourself: Would he leave now when the threat to his people is greatest?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

Bofus & Mantooth:

Mantooth wrote:
" I cannot be the one that tells you not to leave and do what you feel is right, but I must tell you that right now your people need you now more than ever. With more dragonspawn lurking in the marsh, I advise you to seek solace in knowing that you are with your people. When we leave to put a stop to these fiends from being created, we cannot hope to try to stop some from escaping. Your brother died protecting Starsong Hill, you, and your people. Ask yourself: Would he leave now when the threat to his people is greatest?"

"I know that I am needed here, but I just can't stand this waiting around! Sellyria is too cautious and does not dare send any of our warriors to Rhest. She is concerned that it may stir up a hornet's nest and put all of Starsong Hill at risk. In fact, I'm surprised that she even supports all of you going out to invade Rhest! However, it pains me to sit around and think that the Red Hand, who killed my brother, are sitting across the Blackfens hatching some vile dragonspawn to come and destroy our world, while I'm sitting at home keeping our library of records in order. I just think it is time for the sword! I only ask because I believe in you, and I think you will emerge victorious. I just want to be there when the Wyrmlord and his dragon get a taste of some real steel! Will you talk to your friends and please consider letting me join your party? You probably need to discuss it with each other, but please don't take too long to decide. You know where you can find me! Now, you better go before the others become suspicious."

Trellara escorts you to her door.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

After we take our leave of Trellara, I go with Mantooth right back to the group to discuss. First, I make sure we're not being directly observed . . .

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

and I keep low tones, in case I missed anything.

Gentlemen, we've had an interesting proposition. Trellara Nightshadow, sister of the slain elf, has asked to join us into Rhest to fight. It's quite clear to ME that she fully understands the danger, but she is undeterred by my, or Mantooths', trepidation at her joining us. I didn't get as far as asking what her skills are, I was too surprised by the offer, to be honest.
.
Now, I have little doubt that we'd be looked at, um, less than favorably by the elves if we were to leave with Trellara. However, if she left of her own accord *behind* us and followed without our knowledge, and caught up with us, well we'd be honor-bound to protect her, wouldn't we??


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

"She does indeed seem to understand the danger, and I would hate to to refuse another able body when we head into Rhest, but you are right about the probable feelings of the Tiri Kitor. If there was some way to receive Sellyria's blessing, I would feel better about her accompanying us than trying to pull the wool over their eyes."


Not in use

Do Bofus and Mantooth trust Edvard sufficiently to include him in the debate? - just want to allow you the option of exclusion if your characters do not yet sufficiently trust him.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'd have started discussion in front of everyone.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I had a long discussion with Speaker Starsinger this afternoon. I think that it would be best to approach her with our dilemma. If we allow this girl to go with us and the elves do not approve, we could lose an important ally. If we go and the girl follows us, she might get hurt and we might get blamed anyway. If we approach the Speaker and tell her what has happened, she can either condone the girl joining us or not. But, either way, we have given the speaker the choice. Then, if the girl follows us, we cannot be blamed.


Not in use

"I would not impose my will upon the elven maiden... it is her life to risk and should be her choice alone."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

It is not the will of the girl I am concerned with. She can make her own choices, after all, she is likely older than any of us. I want to assure that we do not lose the support of the elves, or even worse gain their enmity should they be adamantly against her leaving.


Not in use

Shrugging Edvard replies "At the heart one must choose if the will of the maiden or the speaker is of more import than the other. I would err to let all who wish to choose for themselves to do so"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I agree that the will of the individual should be supreme. But, we are not talking of her free will, we are talking of the ramifications of abetting her in her actions and how the village and Speaker may react. To put it another way, which would you prefer, receiving the support of the village, their boats and healing for instance, or having to camp in the swamp with the continuous risk of being found by Dragonspawn or whatever else the old swamp and ruins hold?


Not in use

"And if you received a letter from the council of Uldar forbidding you from walking this path and instructing you to return home... would you obey?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion stops and thinks for a moment:

Those are two different issues. If the Uldar council wished to stop me, they could send me a missive, or send people to stop me. But, they would have been informed of what I was doing and would know that I had left, or was planning on leaving, before sending the letter. In this case, the young elf lass wishes to sneak off without anyone knowing. If we are to assist her in doing so, and doing so is a crime or against the ways of the Tiri Kitor, then we have aided her in her crime and are just as guilty. I will do nothing to stop her from joining us if she is indeed competent. All that I wish to do is inform the Speaker so that we will not fall from the villages good graces should the Speaker or the girl's family want to stop her, or talk with her.

My objective is to stop this abhorrent horde. To do so, we need every capable arm, be they dwarf, elf, halfling, human, or even forest giant. If, by allowing the girl to join us, we alienate the elves so that they choose to stay in their village and not assist the Vale as a whole, then helping the girl sneak off would be a very poor choice.

Remember, she is not young. She can make her own decisions and most elves understand the need to follow ones own path, this is why they are such a free spirited and independent race. I imagine that the Speaker will allow the girl to join us. And if the Speaker does not, I would not be surprised to find the girl following our path anyway. But, the Speaker as the leader of the people needs to be informed. Failing to do so, even if the Speaker is willing to allow the girl to go, would make us appear of a poor light and give the elves even more reason to stay sheltered in their forest huts allowing the horde to overrun the quick acting short lived races.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, Tirion's course seems the safest. But then, I'm not usually the one to advocate "safe." ;-) in any case, he's right--we shouldn't risk the possible aid of these people by helping Miss Nightshadow without the Speaker giving consent. If she comes to us after the fact, well, we'd only be acting chivalrous-like to have her join us, seeng as we can't escourt her back--she'd only run again!
.
Out of courtesy, I think I should talk to Miss Nightshadow and let her know this--if this is, in fact, our decision . . .?


Dungeon Master

Is there any more discussion before you go to Sellyria? If not, please state what your character does and not just what your character says.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We need to wait on Edvard to respond - it is about 5 am there right now. He usually begins posting in another 1-2 hours.


Not in use

Chuckling derisively "Very well, go and seek the Speaker's permission as it seems to matter so to you... I would not be a party to it, so unless you plan to speak with her on other matters? I shall remain."

Edvard is opposed, but the player behind him is happy for his view to be overridden by the majority vote within the party. If thats the only topic of conversation for the Speaker, then Edvard would distance himself from it.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, I think it's only fair to tell Miss Nightshadow, so I'll go talk to her.

Unless someone tries to stop me . . . I'll go back to the Hall of Ancestors. if she's not around, I'll ask (I wanted to give her my condolences before I retire for the night).


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

Bofus arrives at the Hall of Ancestors and knocks on the door to Trellara's apartment. Dressed in a revealing silk nightgown Trellara opens her door and her face lights up as she sees the halfling standing there.

"Oh, Master Bofus! You have returned! Please come in! I knew you would discuss the matter with your friends quickly. So, are you prepared to welcome me into your party?!"


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Slight Retcon

"I think it is best we get permission from the speaker. Trellara will respect her decision and if she is forbidden from leaving with us, and she still wants to leave, she will. I think she would be an excellent asset to us as a group but she can also do a great deal of help here in Starsong hill."

When Bofus heads out, Mantooth gives him a nod. "Good luck - please give her our best."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I had a long talk with the Speaker this afternoon. I will go and talk with her.

Unless someone wishes me to wait or stop, I head out and find the speaker.

Speaker Starsinger, if you do not mind, I need to speak with you about something. Several members of our party were approached by one of your people, Trellara Nightshadow. She would like to join us on our investigation of Rhest, and hopefully destruction of the Wyrmlord. I have not spoken with her directly, but she seems very adamant about wishing to come. I believe it is a desire to avenge her brother.

While I know little about you and your people, if I know anything about elves, it is that they are free willed and independent. From what my companions have told me, she is likely to follow us unless you physically restrain her. Thus, I would hope that you would give her your blessing. If you do not and she decides to follow us, we will likely not be able to send her back and it is possible that she may make decisions on her own that would endanger the village or our party.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Tirion wrote:
"Thus, I would hope that you would give her your blessing. If you do not and she decides to follow us, we will likely not be able to send her back and it is possible that she may make decisions on her own that would endanger the village or our party."

Sellyria listens, but does not show and visible reaction. "Master Tirion, I am naturally surprised at this turn of events. Clearly, Trellara is feeling the pain of her brother's passing. Naturally, she is free to make her own choice, but obviously she does not understand the risk involved with such a move. She thinks that she can somehow bring her brother back by avenging the Red Hand, but she does not see that it will simply bring about her own death. The fragile elf maiden certainly needs our counsel and support. I will speak to her, but could you also express your own words of concern to her and let her know that it would be quite unacceptable. Thank you for bringing this to my attention."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Trellara, my dear . . . I take her hand thoughtfully my friends and I would welcome you with open arms--but that's not really our main problem. Our problem is that if we were to leave, and you to leave with us, the rest of your community would undoubtedly see that as us taking a rash elf maid into the dragon's den! We would destroy any goodwill we've built up here, and threaten the solidarity of the region against the Red Hand threat. So--and listen carefully here, my dear--when we leave this settlement, we must leave without you. This last is annunciated, stressing each word. I also give a pause.

We also agreed that we had to tell the Speaker of your desires, otherwise we'd be seen as having influenced your decision and your actions. Expect her to discuss this matter with you, and probably shortly. If you tell her what you told us, and show the same fire and verve, I have little doubt you could convince her to give you her blessing to join us!


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Killiar Arrowswift wrote:

@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
" A couple days later, Oi met her again, followed her trail into tha woods again, an' Oi convinced her that she should come with us an' have adventures an' all, an' so here we are!"

"That is a remarkable tale. I would not have expected corn to win the heart of such a magnificent creature. Lulu? Now that is an interesting name. What does it mean?"

"Well, dwarf, you and your winged beast will have an advantage that your companions do not. The ability to fly is a great gift when you are hunting in the black fens. It is by far the easiest way to move about. However, with this freedom, you need to be aware that you will be the first target that Regiarix and the Wyrmlord will take out. Together, they are formidable predators, and once they strip you of your ability to fly, the dragon will burn you alive with his acid breath. You have been warned, Dwarf."

Well, it wasn't just corn! Oi spent a lot o' time talkin' with her an' Oi saved her a couple times, an' we became pretty good friends! Corn...Oi mean, we both love our corn, but it's definitely more'n that! Thordak says, stroking his beard and taking out a long tobacco pipe.

Lulu? Well, Te tell ye tha truth, Oi'm not sure wot it means, but it makes me think o' somethin' shiny an' white an' strong...maybe a pearl. he says, taking a puff of his pipe.

Well now yer makin' me all worried! Can ye tell me more about this Regiragi? Wot about tha Wyrmlord? Any tips fer fightin' 'em your people have picked up? An' wot about some magic protection? Have ye got some crafters an' tha like that could get some armor or some necklace or somethin'--either fer me or Lulu?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I thank the Speaker and head back to find the others:

If/When I meet Trellara: My friend. I have spoken with Speaker Starsinger. She is very concerned, and I understand her concern. We are literally going into the dragon's den. The chance for success is not great. When last we fought a smaller green dragon, it was only with the luck and blessing of Iomedae that we succeeded. I do not know whether we will have that same luck this time.

I assume that the Speaker will wish to talk to you and express her concern. As I am sure my friends have told you, we will not stop you from joining us. But you must make sure that you are doing this after being fully apprised of the situation and have made an informed decision. If you do come with us, I expect it to be with the blessing of the Speaker. She does not have to be happy with the decision, but she must not object as I will not imperil the goodwill between us and your village or between the Vale and your village.


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@Bofus

Bofus wrote:
"my friends and I would welcome you with open arms--but that's not really our main problem. Our problem is that if we were to leave, and you to leave with us, the rest of your community would undoubtedly see that as us taking a rash elf maid into the dragon's den!"

"Yes, I am sure they would find my decision rash. They will probably say that I am grieving too much and cannot think rationally. Maybe, I am! The pain is unbearable, but I know I could still help make a difference! There is so little left for me here without Lanikar. I feel so alone!" Tears gently fall from her eyes. "I am so sorry that I have brought you and your friends into this. I do not mean to cause problems for you and your companions."

Bofus wrote:
"If you tell her what you told us, and show the same fire and verve, I have little doubt you could convince her to give you her blessing to join us!"

"Yes, I can show my fire, verve, and demand for vengeance, but you are of the same mindset as me. You are all warriors who are willing to risk and attack the Red Hand at their heart. Sellyria will not be swayed by my passion or fire. All she thinks about is for the good of the tribe. She will give some abstract reason that requires me to stay and serve the others. Ughh! I can see it all now! I just want to escape and be free!"

@Bofus and Tirion

Tirion knocks on the door. "Who is this?" Trellara opens it and looks at the gnome with surprise on her face. "Master Tirion? What can I do for you? Please come in."

Tirion wrote:
"My friend. I have spoken with Speaker Starsinger. She is very concerned, and I understand her concern. . . . If you do come with us, I expect it to be with the blessing of the Speaker."

"Blessing?! I cannot foresee Sellyria ever giving her blessing to do something this dangerous, especially with a group of people that are not elves! This is as I feared, a hopeless situation that I can never resolve. If you are not willing to go against her, then I really have no choice in this matter."

Tears continue to stream down her cheek.


@Thorak, Edvard, and Mantooth

Thordak wrote:
"Well now yer makin' me all worried! Can ye tell me more about this Regiragi? Wot about tha Wyrmlord? Any tips fer fightin' 'em your people have picked up?"

"We believe the black dragon's name is Regiarix. The Wyrmlord who commands him is a small creature, actually just a goblin. However, do not underestimate his size. He is a deadly shot with his bow and is a formidable hunter! All I can say is that stealth will be your best tactic. The dragon's lair is in one of the buildings in the center of Rhest. If you can get there without being caught, you may stand a chance. However, even when the Wyrmlord and his dragon are sleeping, they are still guarded by ogres, ettins, and hobgoblins. I am certain they are doing something vile there, but we have never been able to get close enough to find out!"

Thordak wrote:
"An' wot about some magic protection? Have ye got some crafters an' tha like that could get some armor or some necklace or somethin'--either fer me or Lulu?"

"Unfortunately, we have very little we can offer you for protection. Perhaps with some time, amulets could be crafted, but not with the pressing urgency of which you speak."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Trellara Nightshadow wrote:
"Blessing?! I cannot foresee Sellyria ever giving her blessing to do something this dangerous, especially with a group of people that are not elves! This is as I feared, a hopeless situation that I...

Oh, come now!! If you're willing to risk your life for revenge, how is it you lack the courage to quit before you've even tried?? Since when can you predict the future?!?! When have you seen anyone present a similar case to the Speaker that you have experience enough to tell what her answer will be? Just as I thought--NEVER!! You won't know unless you try. Tell you what, you and I will go speak with her *right now* and get this resolved one way or the other, savvy?

I take her by the hand and pull her out the door, to go talk to the Speaker right now.

Whomever wants to join us, feel free. We'll put our best case forward, and live with the consequences of that, what what?!

Under my breath, to Trellara Remember what I told you, though, dearie: if you don't get the Speaker's approval, WE CANNOT LEAVE HERE WITH YOU, if you follow me...

Bluff for secret message: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

message:
so you can just leave after we do, and catch up!!


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Bofus & Tirion & any who wish to accompany

Sellyria eyes Trellara sternly as she enters her chamber with the others. "It is late this evening. What is so urgent that you wish to see me at this time?"


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Speaker Starsinger, I am sorry to come in at this time, but I have something very important to speak to you about. I have been thinking about Lanikar and the vile fiends of the Red Hand that killed him. I wish to avenge their death and accompany these Heroes of the Elsir Vale into the ancient city of Rhest!"


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

Sellyria listens to Trellara speak, but gives Tirion a steady questioning gaze as she does so.

"Trellara, you are in mourning. Clearly you are hurt from your brother's death. However, you must see that you would be giving up your life to accompany these . . . heroes. What they are proposing to do is extremely dangerous and there is little hope that they will return alive. You will be facing more than simple minded hobgoblins. You will be fighting a Wyrmlord of the Red Hand and his Black Dragon. I know you have some fine skills, but they are no equal to the evil that is before us. I admire your bravery, Trellara, but you will only sacrificing your life in vain. Besides, these brave heroes cannot be responsible for your safety. The Tiri Kitor are your family now and we will look after you now on."


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

"Lanikar looked after me! He was my family! Speaker Starsinger, please! I urge you to reconsider. I can no longer live my life here with this empty wound in my heart, knowing that the harrowblades, the wyrmlord and the dragon are just outside of our encampment. I wish to give my life meaning, and should I die, it will be a worthy sacrifice! It will be for the Tiri Kitor and all of the people of the Elsir Vale that I give my life! Please, Speaker, I must avenge my brother's death! With or without your blessing, I will smite down the Red Hand!" Trellara tries to hold back her tears and barely succeeds. "Please Sellyria, I wish to go with the blessing of the Tiri Kitor!"


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

Sellyria Starsinger reflects on the young elf's words, but you cannot read her emotions as she waits patiently for Trellara to finish speaking.

"Trellara, my dear. Please step outside for a moment. I need to have a few words with . . . the heroes."

Once the young elf steps outside, Sellyria addresses Tirion, Bofus, and any of the others that are present. "What do you all have to say for yourselves?! Master Tirion, I thought you told her that she would not be able to accompany you. This is not the humble elf that I was expecting to enter my chambers. She has become obsessed with revenge and determined that she attack this dragon horde, yet I do not believe she understands the implications of what that means. What have you said to stir up this fiery passion in her?!"

She also turns to Bofus to see if he is responsible.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion pauses for a minute trying to figure the best method of addressing the Speaker:

Madam Speaker. I told her the truth. I told her that we were going into the dragon's lair. That there was a good chance that we might not return. I also told her that she could not come with us unless she received your blessing. You have offered us the sanctuary of your village and your assistance. Further, we hope that when we destroy the dragon, we can gain the assistance of the Tiri Kitor to combat the horde elsewhere in the Vale, particularly in the defense of Brindol. I told her that I would not violate that trust by allowing one of your people to venture into Rhest without your blessing.

Tirion pauses again. I do not mean to offend you. And, while I am not a expert on the ways of elves, I know that you all are free spirited. I know that if we said no, she would likely sneak out and follow us on her own, undoubtedly to her death and potentially sacrificing any chance that we might have had of secretly gaining entrance into the dragon's lair. Thus, I told her that she would require your blessing. I knew that you would not give it with open arms, but I was hopeful that you would give it to avoid Trellara chasing after us to her death, and potentially ours.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I have none of my usual joviality, but am uncharactaristically serious.

And *I* also spoke to the grieving maid, Speaker. She knows what she is doing. She knows she may well die on this mission. She knows all this--yet the fire to ACT burns in her heart. Sure, that fire might be fueled by grief, but that doesnt' discount the heart it burns in! Speaker, with all due respect, you do not OWN those under your charge, am I correct? You are their leader, but you are NOT their mother. This one may be young, but she is old enough, and wise enough, to understand what she's asking. Show her the respect she is so deserving! Allow her to honor her brother's memory! And if she does fall, know she is falling fighting the Good Fight, striking a blow against your enemies, spitting her fire and hate into the dragon's eyes!!
.
I would think you woudl be PROUD of the warrior she's striving to be! I would think that you would recognize the fact that, while she's old and wise enough to make this decision, she's also young and passionate enough to act on it, with our without your blessing. If you don't support her, she'll follow us of her own accord, and this will affect how the rest of your community views YOU.
.
Speaker, I beseech you--let those who can, and wish to act, act! Let her follow her heart and strike against our common foe. Let her story inspire your people--and if we survive and win (and, given our history, I have every reason to think we will!), let her return the conquering hero that is buried in her soul!! Instead of fighting her, go with her in this. Use her passion to increase your influence--and, again wiht all due respect, learn from her!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Not in use

@Thordak, Edvard, and Mantooth + Killiar

Having listened to Killiar's words, Edvard lays out the map that he was given earlier. "Getting in for a tactical strike may be possible, but to do so would surely rouse the camp to entrap us within... I would think we need choose our target - is our intent to face the lord of the wyrm or his subjects in our first fight?"

If DM Harpwizard could please re-link the map for all to see?


Dungeon Master

I am happy to repost the map Killliar gave to Edvard, but please note, my friends, that any of you may also repost maps or pictures by simply copying the address and posting as such:

(url=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1308/theruinsofrhest.jpg]Map of Rhest[/url]

Map of Rhest


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion and Bofus

Tirion wrote:
"I told her the truth. I told her that we were going into the dragon's lair. That there was a good chance that we might not return. . . "

"You have already told her this?! The poor girl must be so overcome with grief! She can hardly think straight."

Tirion wrote:
"Further, we hope that when we destroy the dragon, we can gain the assistance of the Tiri Kitor to combat the horde elsewhere in the Vale, particularly in the defense of Brindol. I told her that I would not violate that trust by allowing one of your people to venture into Rhest without your blessing."

"You are a cunning diplomat, and even now I see your eagerness to secure our alliance. As I told you earlier, I will give you that decision in due time, after the threat in Rhest has been dealt with."

Tirion wrote:
"I do not mean to offend you. And, while I am not a expert on the ways of elves, I know that you all are free spirited. . . I knew that you would not give it with open arms, but I was hopeful that you would give it to avoid Trellara chasing after us to her death, and potentially ours."

"No offense was given, Tirion. Your efforts at diplomacy are commendable."

Bofus wrote:
"Speaker, I beseech you--let those who can, and wish to act, act! Let her follow her heart and strike against our common foe. Let her story inspire your people--and if we survive and win (and, given our history, I have every reason to think we will!), let her return the conquering hero that is buried in her soul!! Instead of fighting her, go with her in this. Use her passion to increase your influence--and, again wiht all due respect, learn from her!"

"You are very eloquent with your words, Master Bofus. I see that Trellara's passion has clearly touched you. Please do not think that her words have not touched me either. However, the decision I make is not made for the benefit of one, but for the many."

Syllyria stands up and walks to the window where she looks at at the night sky for a moment. She then walks back to face both of you again.

"I must ever consider what is best for the entire Tiri Kitor, and it is for this reason that I will allow her to depart with you with the blessing of the Tiri Kitor. I do not fault either of you for her fiery passion, it has always been there, and somehow her brother's death has kindled that flame even more. She has always been a free spirit and it would mar her soul forever should I forbid her to leave. However, if I must give her up to you and your company, then I personally ask that you will do all that is within your power to keep her safe from harm. She is a treasured elf maiden of the Tiri Kitor and her death would be an unspeakable loss to my people. I realize that you are going to a place where the risks are tremendous and your lives will all be in peril, but I ask that when these dark times are over, that you bring Trellara Nightshadow home to her people! Now, I must ask you, will you treat her as a respected member of your company and vow upon your life to protect her as if she were one of your own kin?!"


@Edvard, Thordak, and Mantooth

Edvard wrote:
"Getting in for a tactical strike may be possible, but to do so would surely rouse the camp to entrap us within... I would think we need choose our target - is our intent to face the lord of the wyrm or his subjects in our first fight?"

"I cannot imagine that you will find the Dragon's lair without meeting the fiends of the Red Hand first, but if you do not reach the solid footing of the structure in stealth, then you will never stand a chance. Should the dragon spot you crossing the lake in a boat, you will all be subject to his breath weapon as you are all clustered together. However, once you reach the old city, your chances for survival will increase by a slim thread. At the very least, you may be able to spread out. I can only urge that you use as much stealth as possible. Come to think of it, there is an old clock tower in Rhest that has a great bell. The Red Hand have used it as a warning device for their encampment. Perhaps if you could somehow eliminate that threat, it would aid in your efforts."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Madame Speaker, I give you my word that I will do all I can to protect Miss Nightshadow as if she were my sister, and we shall all treat her with the respect that is the due of any of our company! I cannot promise her safety, but I *can* promise to try like hell to provide it.
.
I feel confident that I can speak for Sir Longbrow as well--I am certain he will provide the same oath, or better! At least, it'll be more impressive than MY paltry oath, since he's so much bigger and stronger and has such a nice sword!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion nods in agreement with what Bofus has said:
Madame Speaker, as you know full well, we cannot guaranty the safety of any who would venture into the horde infested Rhest. But, we will do all to keep her safe, just as we all work together to guaranty that we all remain alive. To put it simply, together we are a force to be reckoned with, divided we are far weaker. As long as she follows the instructions and direction that we as a group make, she will be safe and assist us in our assault. Each of us has unique skills which when combined make us a deadly enemy. Mantooth has his sword and faith in Iomedae. Bofus here is capable of getting into the tightest of spots without being seen and is a master of flanking and distracting foes to allow Mantooth's sword to deal death on those that are evil. Thordak has keen eyes and is a master with the crossbow. Edvard is new to the group, but I have seen him deal death using powers both arcane and mystical. As for me, I have a number of tricks up my sleeves to allow us to move faster, to get into places unnoticed, and when necessary, to cause grievous wounds to the enemy. I imagine that Trellara's abilities will fit in well giving us even more options to find and destroy the enemy.

Tirion pauses for a minute, again collecting his thoughts.

Speaker, thank you for your thoughts and consideration in this matter. I do believe that your wise counsel will in fact greatly increase Trellara's chance for survival versus having her strike out on her own or have her grow to hate you and your people if you were to confine her to the village in this time of need for her.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Bofus wrote:
"Madame Speaker, I give you my word that I will do all I can to protect Miss Nightshadow as if she were my sister, and we shall all treat her with the respect that is the due of any of our company! I cannot promise her safety, but I *can* promise to try like hell to provide it."

"I cannot ask any more than that! May the blessings of Desna ever be with you, Bofus, and may the may the song of the spheres always fill the hearts of your friends!"

Tirion wrote:
"Speaker, thank you for your thoughts and consideration in this matter. I do believe that your wise counsel will in fact greatly increase Trellara's chance for survival versus having her strike out on her own or have her grow to hate you and your people if you were to confine her to the village in this time of need for her."

"You are welcome, Tirion. We all have an important part to play in these events, but apparently Trellara has a greater part than I imagined. Please call her in for me."

6,501 to 6,550 of 10,469 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.